Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"SNL" Finally Addressed Pete Davidson's Absence This Season, And, Wow What A Burn

Ever since he and Ariana Grande got together (and subsequently got engaged, then broke up), Pete Davidson's personal life has become a backdrop for his role on SNL.

So after he was noticeably absent from the show's recent season premiere, and then second episode, his coworkers took it upon themselves to catch everyone up on Pete's personal life.

As it turns out, Pete spent the show's season premiere with the cast of the new Suicide Squad, which director James Gunn casually revealed on Instagram, while sharing a photo from their outing.

They all took in a screening of Joaquin Phoenix's new film Joker. That was during the first SNL episode this season. During the second, Pete was apparently filming Suicide Squad, as Deadline notes.

But Pete's SNL buddies didn't explain his absence as directly. Instead of, you know, mentioning how he's just been ramping up his film career, Pete got truly burned.

During "Weekend Update," Colin Jost explained Pete's whereabouts, describing him as “A man who drove his car to a music festival and still cannot remember where he parked his car, a week after the show.”

“Well, we hope you make it back soon, Pete,” Colin added, without acknowledging whether or not Pete will be back this season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81October 17, 2019 12:07 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 7, 2019 6:41 AM

Jessica Christ, Lorne really has a hard on for the kid. In the past he has happily dumped any cast members who wanted time off to shoot a film.

Is this because he does not want yet another drug related death on his hands? Or is he dickmatised by Peter and his huge cock...

by Anonymousreply 2October 7, 2019 7:26 AM

Pete Davidson recently revealed he is Cut -

At about the 6:00 minute mark:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 7, 2019 8:03 AM

R2 I think Lorne is treading lightly after Pete was suicidal over Ariana. Imagine the fall out if he is fired and then Pete kills himself. I know it’s not SNL’s issue, but I can see SNL trying to protect their image. I bet Lorne is paying these Directors/producers to actually hire Pete, so it will appear Pete is just too busy filming movies to actually still be on SNL. Then Pete agrees and leaves. He has no clue how good he’s got it at SNL. This will end in tears.

by Anonymousreply 4October 7, 2019 8:37 AM

I know a lot of people felt sorry for him when he was suicidal after the breakup but honestly he just seemed to be pitching a temper tantrum, like he never really matured enough to know how to handle difficult adult situations.

by Anonymousreply 5October 7, 2019 8:41 AM

Who gives a rip? He does not strike me as being a supreme talent. There must be a zillion people that can be funny and actually want to work. Move on - dump him and find someone new.

by Anonymousreply 6October 7, 2019 8:50 AM

I feel exhausted after reading anything about this guy. I put him in the same lot as the Kardashians.

by Anonymousreply 7October 7, 2019 8:52 AM

R6 We have been telling Lorne that since he hired the tragedy

by Anonymousreply 8October 7, 2019 8:53 AM

Not really much of a story OR a burn.

by Anonymousreply 9October 7, 2019 9:25 AM

Taran Killam was fired when he wanted time to finish post production on a movie he was directing. (Or at least he speculated on why that might be the reason.) He also mentioned he was offered another project and had been waiting for SNL to give him the okay when they let him go a year before his contract was finished.

He mentioned pretty clearly that SNL has to okay anything they want to do outside of SNL.

Leslie Jones left when she was shooting a movie and had a bunch of other projects booked. My guess is they told her she couldn't do both and she "quietly" (rather than get a send off because she decided between seasons) left because they told her no and she chose a film career.

It seems in Pete's case they said fine.

[quote]I bet Lorne is paying these Directors/producers to actually hire Pete, so it will appear Pete is just too busy filming movies to actually still be on SNL.

I wouldn't go that far but Pete Davidson did get invited by Lorne to Jamaica for New Year's back when he first started on the show. So it appears he genuinely likes him or felt like he wanted to give him more attention since he was the youngest cast member since Anthony Michael Hall (who was 17) and Robert Downey Jr. (who was also 20 like Pete) when he did the show.

by Anonymousreply 10October 7, 2019 9:32 AM

R10 is definitely in the know.

by Anonymousreply 11October 7, 2019 9:48 AM

Why would anyone care how big the guy's dick is? He's one of the ugliest guys I've ever seen on TV. And never once have I laughed at a thing he's ever said or done on SNL.

by Anonymousreply 12October 7, 2019 10:57 AM

[quote]Why would anyone care how big the guy's dick is?

I only see him on DL. When he was talking about his "wiener" in r3's video, I wanted him to whip it out. But only after he told us he's circumcised. I know he goes to Steely Dan concerts with John Mulaney, and if John likes him enough to hang out with him, I'll look at his dick. John's too.

by Anonymousreply 13October 7, 2019 11:05 AM

This kid is a head case but I'm glad he's busy working instead of whining and attention whoring all over social media, about how he can't handle a break-up like a big boy.

I love 'em big and don't mind 'em a little fug, but being with someone that crazy would be miserable.

by Anonymousreply 14October 7, 2019 11:51 AM

I also don't buy that he was tryly suicidal over Ariana. Didn't they barely know each other and it was one of those "engaged after 6 months" type of deals?

by Anonymousreply 15October 7, 2019 11:55 AM

You have your own head issues r15

by Anonymousreply 16October 7, 2019 11:57 AM

One year, I was suicidal in October over someone I'd met that July. It was the first time I'd fallen in love with another gay guy. The sex was otherworldly good. But he dumped me for someone I introduced him to.

by Anonymousreply 17October 7, 2019 12:01 PM

He's a talented kid, but he's young and he's mentally ill. If he's not exiting the show, that's fine. He deserves to be there. He contributes far more than Kyle Mooney, fer chrissakes. And if he is exiting the show, given his acknowledged mental illness, his exit should be handled carefully.

by Anonymousreply 18October 7, 2019 12:03 PM

I don’t think he’s all that much of a head case. He just plays up the mental illness angle for publicity and sympathy. Look how he leverages it with Lorne Michaels. He’s just your typical stoner with no discernible skills who drifts from place to place whenever he feels like it.

by Anonymousreply 19October 7, 2019 12:05 PM

Oh tough shit. I’m sick of hearing about this guy’s dead father and his mental issues. Everyone tiptoes around him, and he’s laughing all the way to the bank. Mollycoddled wike a widdle baby.

by Anonymousreply 20October 7, 2019 12:09 PM

“Poor Pete, I’m just happy that he’s doing well.” 😂 When has this spoiled brat ever not been doing well? Has he ever worked a real job for a day in his life?

by Anonymousreply 21October 7, 2019 12:16 PM

he's as ugly as sin. and a crybaby.

by Anonymousreply 22October 7, 2019 12:18 PM

He's hot, hung and has a lot more money than most anyone posting here. Cry about it all you want, but he's more successful than anyone trying to tear him down on Data Lounge.

by Anonymousreply 23October 7, 2019 12:21 PM

Did Lorne hate Taran or did they just have so many similar white guys in the cast at the time that he seemed expendable?

by Anonymousreply 24October 7, 2019 12:23 PM

R23 HI, Pete.

by Anonymousreply 25October 7, 2019 12:25 PM

This whole Pete Davidson is hung like a horse stuff is most definitely an urban legend thing...started by the desperate Ariana Grande...whose even more desperate brother, Frankie, probably encouraged her to start up. He's probably got a hamster peep and that's why he keeps getting dumped.

by Anonymousreply 26October 7, 2019 12:39 PM

Nonetheless, r26, I want to see for myself. And I don't find him unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 27October 7, 2019 12:47 PM

The size part might be true but maybe it’s other aspects that result in him getting dumped, like if it’s limp all the time (and therefore useless) or if he’s simply lousy in the sack. What good is a big dick if it doesn’t work properly? That gets tiresome real quick.

by Anonymousreply 28October 7, 2019 12:47 PM

Lorne has a thing for tragic weirdos. It is well documented he is a misogynist and homophobe. Killian, Pharoh, Jones..all fantastic talent who were cut for some odd reason. Pete has no characters you can name, really only does weekend news pieces and has been off more than he has been on. Fun fact though Keenan Thompson is the longest-running cast member ever - 17 years. in 2013 Keenan refused to play any more black women on the show and demanded they hire black women instead....in 2013 mind you.

by Anonymousreply 29October 7, 2019 12:52 PM

He probably cries a lot. Before sex. During. Look to his histrionics after being dumped by Grande and think about how much more emotionally exhausting he is, in private.

We all know bitches like this, they're boner whilters.

by Anonymousreply 30October 7, 2019 12:52 PM

R16 that's pretty rich, coming from a overzealous fanboy of that boring Joaquin Pheonix Joker movie. Either that or you're a paid shill for the movie. Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 31October 7, 2019 1:08 PM

Lorne and NBC don't keep someone employed because they feel sorry for him or because he's a nice guy. They keep someone employed because he delivers value to the employer. Pete is very popular with the tween/Snap Chat crowd which is why he is getting so much slack.

No one ever cared about Taran Killan or Leslie Jones which is why they were easily dumped from the show.

by Anonymousreply 32October 7, 2019 1:09 PM

r31 r28 r26 r22 r21 r20 = world class cunting cunts, cunting with cuntaceousness.

by Anonymousreply 33October 7, 2019 1:12 PM

Nobody who dates Ariana Grande is emotionally stable. They just can't be. You'd have to be at least a little off to fuck someone who looks 12.

by Anonymousreply 34October 7, 2019 1:20 PM

He isn’t talented IMHO, the only funny joke I’ve ever heard him make was something in reference to his Dad’s death in 9/11 during a Comedy Central roast. He’s a nutjob, but I don’t really blame him. I’m glad he’s able to take some time off so that he doesn’t wind up dead in a hotel room with a needle in his arm. However, I wish the world was stop pretending like he’s talented, or even different than any other white-thug New Yorker. He’s not attractive, not funny, he can’t act, he’s got no musical chops. I’m pretty sure most of the world outside of fans of SNL didn’t even know who he was before he dated Ariana Grande. I’m glad they’re letting crazytown have some time to cool down, but let’s not kid ourselves here.

And btw, for the posters telling him to grow up, he’s clearly developmentally stunted because of drugs and his father’s death. If you watch some of his freakout videos it’s clear he’s got the temperament of a child. But again, it doesn’t come from nowhere, he’s fucked up in the head.

What’s up with Ariana going for all these fucked up guys? First Mac Miller and now this dude? Why does she have such a boner for headcause thugs?

by Anonymousreply 35October 7, 2019 1:52 PM

I had no idea why he was on the show for a long time. He couldn't act or play characters. Then he showed up one week on Weekend Update and did a riff on Staten Island that was one of the funniest things I'd seen on the show in years. (Not hard to do, the show mostly sucks) It was then I realized that he's probably a very good stand up, but SNL is not the right place for him. There have been many like that over the years, Janeane Garafalo, Chris Rock are two that come to mind.

by Anonymousreply 36October 7, 2019 2:30 PM

"Kid?" He's in his mid-20s.

by Anonymousreply 37October 7, 2019 2:31 PM

A stable adult doesn't act like he did over a break-up, R37. So, perhaps he's 'mid-20's', but most definitely emotionally retarded.

by Anonymousreply 38October 7, 2019 2:37 PM

[quote]I think Lorne is treading lightly after Pete was suicidal over Ariana.

While I don't believe in kicking someone when he is down, I also can't abide people taking themselves hostage in order to act like a douchebag.

You're down - fine. You act out a bit - reasonable. But, there is a line past which you're milking it and taking yourself hostage in order to get your way ridiculous. If you're that close to the edge, you should seek professional help in a hospital, not partying with celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 39October 7, 2019 3:59 PM

I’m sorry, call me fucked up but the idea of someone killing themselves over breaking up with an ex-nickelodeon teen star makes me laugh my ass off.

by Anonymousreply 40October 7, 2019 4:02 PM

Get Michael del Rey to replace him.

by Anonymousreply 41October 7, 2019 4:02 PM

Pete Davidson is an uneducated slacker who slipped into being a celebrity that makes hundreds of thousands of dollars a year without having worked a day in his life. He has national fame, he’s doing TV and movies. He’s running around in the hills of California without a care in the world, high out of his mind on all the marijuana he wants, banging some of the most beautiful girls on the planet. Believe me, the absolute last thing this hoodie wearing gamerbro hipster will do is kill himself. He couldn’t imagine having a life this good in his wildest dreams.

by Anonymousreply 42October 8, 2019 12:25 AM

Is he dead yet?

by Anonymousreply 43October 8, 2019 12:33 AM

R42 He's a self-important idiot. He'd totally kill himself, because unlike the rest of us, I don't think he sees the lifestyle he has as a privilege. He fits the bill perfectly to be one of those impulsive spoiled douches who kills themself because the line was too long at Dunkin Donuts and he's never experienced somebody telling him "no" since he was handed his undeserved fame on a silver platter.

by Anonymousreply 44October 8, 2019 12:35 AM

R42 He's a self-important idiot. He'd totally kill himself, because unlike the rest of us, I don't think he sees the lifestyle he has as a privilege. He fits the bill perfectly to be one of those impulsive spoiled douches who kills themself because the line was too long at Dunkin Donuts and he's never experienced somebody telling him "no" since he was handed his undeserved fame on a silver platter.

by Anonymousreply 45October 8, 2019 12:35 AM

I think he has a certain charm about him, and also believe he’s completely aware of how good he has it. He’s alluded to it before. He’s not that ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 46October 8, 2019 12:39 AM

Whenever he would come on SNL, I'd take the opportunity to change the channel and see what else was on.

by Anonymousreply 47October 8, 2019 1:22 AM

My 78 year old mom wants to bone him.

by Anonymousreply 48October 8, 2019 1:34 AM

[quote] and has a lot more money than anyone posting here.

Oh, how dare we insult our betters! Anyone wealthier than we are is beyond any criticism from the likes of us.

Thank you for pointing this out to us, Mr. Trump.

by Anonymousreply 49October 8, 2019 1:38 AM

[QUOTE] My 78 year old mom wants to bone him.

You’re Faye Dunaway’s son?

by Anonymousreply 50October 8, 2019 1:38 AM

Can’t stand him, can’t stand his snarky, cunty, bitchy-boy sense of humor. How any woman can fuck him is baffling, he’s so damn fug.

Why everyone is protecting him is beyond me. I also don’t believe he has much pull with the Snapchat crowd either. He’s officially too old for them.

by Anonymousreply 51October 8, 2019 1:54 AM

I assumed when he wasn't on the first 2 episodes that he was in rehab again. I agree he doesn't contribute much to the show.

by Anonymousreply 52October 8, 2019 2:02 AM

R51 Not true. Just like boning Ariana put him in the public eye, it also got the Snapchat crowd to pay attention to him. No wonder he was so depressed when they broke up. A major show business door closed for him.

by Anonymousreply 53October 8, 2019 2:06 AM

R53 yep.

by Anonymousreply 54October 8, 2019 2:28 AM

R53 when you add drugs to your relationships chances of a successful relationship outcome is weak. Then top It with their age, mental illness (both Pete & Ariana), etc etc. it was destined to fail.

Honestly, I personally feel Pete is over the relationship he had with Ariana. In some ways he feels negatively stigmatized with the publicity and drug fueled memories Ariana.

by Anonymousreply 55October 8, 2019 2:46 AM

This is why I don't watch SNL anymore. The talent sucks. Hasn't been funny for a long time. Why it's winning Emmys is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 56October 8, 2019 2:53 AM

I like him. He’s flawed, but real. I tend yo be cool With dudes like him. I tend to dislike the bitchy nasty types who dislike him.

by Anonymousreply 57October 8, 2019 3:08 AM

R28 like Jared Leto and his monster dick

by Anonymousreply 58October 8, 2019 3:12 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 8, 2019 10:50 AM

R56 It’s winning Emmys because of all the political shit they do. The old farts in Hollywood love that shit, even if we’ve all grown tired of it.

by Anonymousreply 60October 8, 2019 12:18 PM

I’m expecting Pete to come out wanting to now be referred to as ‘they’.

by Anonymousreply 61October 8, 2019 9:25 PM

He looked like HELL on SNL last night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62October 13, 2019 11:38 PM

I believe he behaves like a spoiled brat one who always gets his way.

by Anonymousreply 63October 13, 2019 11:54 PM

He's the least likely bro to put up with gender fluid nonsense. Also he isn't a nuts as he says he is. And he isn't ugly. He's kind of sexy and has a cocky personality. He needs to write new materiall as he is aging out of what he does at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 64October 14, 2019 12:06 AM

R64 hi JLo

by Anonymousreply 65October 14, 2019 12:17 AM

well yeah...I've got pictures...

by Anonymousreply 66October 14, 2019 4:34 AM

Davidson looks like he has two black eyes on SNL. He looks kin to a raccoon.

I do think he has a bit of charm, and can be funny. Like another poster said, he probably performs better stand-up than in skits.

by Anonymousreply 67October 14, 2019 5:00 AM

Did I read somewhere On DL that Kate McKinnon has cancer?

by Anonymousreply 68October 14, 2019 5:02 AM

I think it was Vanessa Byer who had (has?) cancer, not Kate.

by Anonymousreply 69October 14, 2019 5:18 AM

R69 oh gotcha.

by Anonymousreply 70October 14, 2019 5:26 AM

Is he dead yet?

by Anonymousreply 71October 14, 2019 5:53 AM

by Anonymousreply 72October 14, 2019 6:00 AM

Just lemme know when it dies.

by Anonymousreply 73October 14, 2019 6:03 AM

I was enjoying him being gone.

by Anonymousreply 74October 14, 2019 7:19 AM

Vanessa Bayer had leukemia when she was a teenager. 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 75October 14, 2019 1:31 PM

There is a snapchat crowd? Who knew......

by Anonymousreply 76October 14, 2019 2:04 PM

there isn't really r76. It's just tween kids that marketing people are trying to make out to be an influential and important demo.

They're not, because they don't give a shit about anything and have a two second attention span.

by Anonymousreply 77October 15, 2019 6:37 PM

Maybe he’s a plant?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78October 17, 2019 10:37 AM

I don't find him funny or attractive. He's like the smirking class clown who incinerated ants with a magnifying glass. No matter. SNL ratings re continuing to dive and Comcast NBC is likely to tell Lorne the time has come to end SNL.

by Anonymousreply 79October 17, 2019 10:46 AM

So I watched his stuff on YouTube, his stand up and SNL. I think he's funny as hell, good timing etc. I'm 65 so I can't stay awake late enough to watch SNL but I think the guy is likable.

by Anonymousreply 80October 17, 2019 11:26 AM

Seriously, does anyone know what's with the coloring around his eyes? I really need to know.

i

by Anonymousreply 81October 17, 2019 12:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!