Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mr. Robot - The Final Season

The final season starts tonight, after an almost 2 year absence - ya know, due to Rami winning that Oscar.

I really enjoyed the first 2 season, but the last one got a little muddled for me with the Bobby Cannavale character - he didn't seem to fit the style of the show. I'm fuzzy on how the last season ended and am going to have to find some recaps/find the episode on a streaming site to bring myself up to speed before tonight.

Other than that, I'm excited to see Elliott, Darlene, Angela, Tyrell, Dom, and Mr. Robot again. Hope for visits from White Rose and to see her sparring with smarmy Ecorp CEO Price some more.

by Anonymousreply 158January 4, 2020 10:58 PM

I will watch simply for Rami! He’s brilliant

by Anonymousreply 1October 6, 2019 7:03 PM

Moi aussi

by Anonymousreply 2October 6, 2019 7:03 PM

I loved the first season even though it kind of freaked me out/unnerved me. “Scary” movies don’t scare me but Mr. Robot made me a nervous wreck. But then season two kind of lost me for some reason and I never went back. The show felt like work to me.

by Anonymousreply 3October 6, 2019 7:08 PM

Can’t wait to see this tonight. Here’s a 10-minute recap of “Mr. Robot” Season 3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 6, 2019 7:11 PM

I hope Rami shows his cute ass again.

by Anonymousreply 5October 6, 2019 7:12 PM

I wasn't thrilled with the revelation that Angela is Price's daughter. It was just a little too convenient.

by Anonymousreply 6October 6, 2019 7:38 PM

I felt the show really jumped the shark, so to speak, last season. Stopped watching it. Since it’s been 2 years I doubt I’ll pick it back up. Went from delightfully subversive during the first season to up it’s own ass and smug by the last.

by Anonymousreply 7October 6, 2019 8:37 PM

Once they killed Joanna Tyrell the show got progressively worse. I also hate the FBI agent played by Merle's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 8October 6, 2019 10:01 PM

Damn, Angela!

by Anonymousreply 9October 7, 2019 2:26 AM

esmail does best cameo ever! and great fake out ending! its back baby. and going to be a trippy ride!

by Anonymousreply 10October 7, 2019 3:33 AM

I hate that bug eyed bitch Angela. I hope she stays dead.

by Anonymousreply 11October 7, 2019 4:16 AM

Dom's situation is messed up - the Dark Army still has her under their thumb. That scene with the dinner guest threatening her and her mother was intense.

by Anonymousreply 12October 7, 2019 4:21 AM

omg r12 posted just as I got to the end of that scene on my dvr.... "mouth to cunt" is quite a line... and it wasn't said in the way it sounds typed out.

by Anonymousreply 13October 7, 2019 4:39 AM

Wow. That was a fantastic hour of television.

by Anonymousreply 14October 8, 2019 2:47 AM

Hopefully this will be the end of that bug-eyed and overrated homophobic piece of shite.

by Anonymousreply 15October 8, 2019 3:02 AM

who can act like nobody's business. ^

by Anonymousreply 16October 9, 2019 2:23 PM

I started another thread because I searched and didnt see this one.

Loved the premiere, they started off this season strong with guns blazing.

by Anonymousreply 17October 9, 2019 2:26 PM

Whoever dug up Jake Busey made a good decision... he did a good job.

by Anonymousreply 18October 9, 2019 3:11 PM

Hopefully it stays at this level of intensity.

by Anonymousreply 19October 9, 2019 3:13 PM

Rami Malek will be all over once the next Bond comes out next year r15

Plus when awards season starts he will be Presenting to Best Actress throughout.

by Anonymousreply 20October 9, 2019 3:55 PM

How did they shoot those scenes in Grand Central? In the middle of the night? Secretly without commuters known (doubtful)?

by Anonymousreply 21October 17, 2019 2:17 AM

I don’t get why people are saying Rami’s a talented actor. This show isn’t really a good judge of that since Rami basically has Elliot’s personality and mannerisms in real life (watch any interview with him: weird, anxious, dissociative, tweakery), and his performance as Freddie sucked. He was so jittery and uncomfortable the whole time. He had none of the charisma Mercury had, none of the bravado or confidence. Every line he said and movement he made came off as coming from a man who didn’t want to be there. But I guess the fact that most people who say he’s talented just want to fuck him makes it clear why he’s so “famous”.

by Anonymousreply 22October 17, 2019 2:35 AM

Rami was brilliant as Freddie

by Anonymousreply 23October 17, 2019 2:39 AM

No, he was stultifyingly weird and alien as Freddie.

by Anonymousreply 24October 17, 2019 9:28 PM

Who was the guy that played White Roses lover? I was a fan, charismatic actor and those thighs.

by Anonymousreply 25October 22, 2019 2:40 AM

They did film at night when it is less crowded. They didn't close down all of Grand Central but apparently closed down a section of it, like where the newspapers are r21.

by Anonymousreply 26October 22, 2019 2:46 AM

Finally Tyrell will have more than two lines next week.

by Anonymousreply 27October 22, 2019 5:48 AM

The first episode of this season was terrific, but the rest have been slow and dull. It’s not going out on a high unfortunately. It really should have been a one and done or two at most. Esmail seems to be Murphy-ish once he gets past the initial concept. All of the mystery of whiterose was drained away in this last episode. Yes, we still get the camera tricks, the weird music cues, and bizarre opening credit insert, beyond that? Hmmm....

by Anonymousreply 28October 24, 2019 5:00 PM

Everyone's so fucking dreary.

by Anonymousreply 29October 24, 2019 10:04 PM

NOOOOOOOO.... worst death of the series! heartbreaking!

by Anonymousreply 30October 28, 2019 3:54 AM

The actor who played Derek in the season 3 is so fucking hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 28, 2019 4:36 AM

Spoilers, please? It's so boring!

by Anonymousreply 32October 30, 2019 10:13 PM

Esmail hasn't known what to do with Tyrell for a while now r30. At least he got a nice send off.

by Anonymousreply 33October 30, 2019 10:42 PM

Agreed, R33. Esmail really dropped the ball with Tyrell and Wallström has been wasted over the years. I was surprised he was written out as well as he was.

What do you think he saw at the end?

by Anonymousreply 34October 31, 2019 6:43 AM

It looked like the trunk of Repo Man.

by Anonymousreply 35October 31, 2019 7:41 AM

So, they’re just going to kill off all the characters they don’t know how to deal with? Um, ok. Wtf are they going to do for nine more episodes?

by Anonymousreply 36November 2, 2019 9:26 PM

WOW! just WOW! nearly totally silent episode. and the tension was "intense"!

by Anonymousreply 37November 4, 2019 3:15 AM

Any Tyrell mentions?

by Anonymousreply 38November 4, 2019 7:58 AM

I gave up on this show long ago. Tell me how it ends.

by Anonymousreply 39November 4, 2019 9:55 AM

The silent episode took five years off my laugh. I'm gonna die by the end of this sign

by Anonymousreply 40November 4, 2019 10:23 AM

The Rami hater is amusing. One has the impression that when the wee Rami skitters onto the Oscar stage (and possibly over the edge) in 2040 to collect his lifetime achievement award, a certain wizened DL codger will be asking Nurse to help him type: 'That talentless jittery meerkat will never work again!'

by Anonymousreply 41November 5, 2019 10:15 AM

I thought the episode was very tense. Usually I'd zone out when Vera is onscreen, but he kept my attention this hour. Curious how he'll use Mr. Robot against Elliott. I presume he wants Elliott to be his on-call private hacker and do stuff like steal bank funds, track DEA shipments to hijack, finagle prison records to break out associates, etc. Prayers for Krista.

What happened - why did Elliott cancel the Cyprus bank transfer when drug girl (name?) was on the phone with slit wrists? I think I blinked and missed something. Did he get remorseful or did she not get the right person on the phone?

Dom and Darlene -- who's gonna die?

by Anonymousreply 42November 11, 2019 1:29 AM

next week: NO COMMERCIALS! get ready for tension overload!

by Anonymousreply 43November 11, 2019 4:06 AM

Isn’t Tyrell in love with Elliot? Do they hook up at all?

by Anonymousreply 44November 11, 2019 5:04 AM

Um, isn't Tyrell dead?

by Anonymousreply 45November 11, 2019 6:52 AM

R44 Tyrell went in for a kiss once but it was Mr Robot who wasn't having it. Maybe the third personality was the one who had some kind of relationship with Tyrell.

by Anonymousreply 46November 11, 2019 7:11 AM

Dom is definitely dead. Given they have no idea how to write for most of their characters, that she’s nowhere near the main plot, and the writers have a tendency to just kill off people when they get bored and paint themselves into a corner, I don’t know how she’s survived this long. Are they afraid of killing off a Streep?

by Anonymousreply 47November 11, 2019 12:37 PM

I see a way for Dom and Darlene to come out of this alive: Now that Elliott has Leon as a "friend" and Leon has ties to the Dark Army, I can see Elliott going to him to help save Darlene and Dom. That's the only reason I can see that they crammed Leon into this episode, so we know that he's in Elliott's pocket.

by Anonymousreply 48November 11, 2019 3:18 PM

The whole Fernando Vera side story is tedious and thuggy, but now a convenient source of tension and story-extending. I prefer the hacking stuff, as in the 'silent' episode. With Vera, it's just going to be more 'tied to a chair' violence tropes. Five more episodes? Elliot's plans are in constant delay mode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 12, 2019 3:11 AM

The actor who plays Vera is beyond awful. The character as written is bad enough, but this guy just heaps ham upon the trash. If they needed someone to play an auxiliary antagonist, they should have invented a new character.

by Anonymousreply 50November 12, 2019 10:58 AM

Gloria Rueben’s amazing talent elevates this show to a level it inherently doesn’t deserve.

by Anonymousreply 51November 12, 2019 11:54 AM

[quote][R44] Tyrell went in for a kiss once but it was Mr Robot who wasn't having it. Maybe the third personality was the one who had some kind of relationship with Tyrell.

Really?

by Anonymousreply 52November 12, 2019 12:15 PM

Agreed the Vera plot line is a waste of time. They should have cut this season in half.

by Anonymousreply 53November 12, 2019 1:58 PM

Agreed, should episodes tops to deal with the Dark Army situation and end it all. No one cares about or remembers Vera. Tyrell died for literally no reason. So many filler episodes just to drag it out longer. I'm just going to wait and binge the rest of them.

by Anonymousreply 54November 12, 2019 2:20 PM

[quote] should episodes tops

Don't know what happened there. I meant "should have been six episodes"

by Anonymousreply 55November 12, 2019 2:21 PM

funny, i found Vera spell binding. and reaslly enjoyed his acting. different strokes.....

by Anonymousreply 56November 12, 2019 5:48 PM

Psycho thug in a track suit spell(sic)binding? (It's one word, dear.)

You have a low threshold.

by Anonymousreply 57November 12, 2019 8:43 PM

OH MY GOD! YOU'RE RIGHT! ^ I JUST REALIZED I HAVE NO TASTE. NO REASON FOR LIVING! THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME SEE THE LIGHT. only your tste maters! THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANKYOU!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 58November 12, 2019 10:18 PM

"tste maters"

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 59November 13, 2019 2:10 AM

Is everyone just gonna skip over the Tyrell tried to kiss Mr. Robot question? What episode was this?

by Anonymousreply 60November 13, 2019 11:40 AM

I dont remember Tyrell trying to kiss Elliot. I remember the season 2 finale where he tries to tell Elliot he loves him and Mr. Robot cuts him off to say some things are better left unsaid.

by Anonymousreply 61November 13, 2019 12:00 PM

Aspies can't love!

by Anonymousreply 62November 13, 2019 6:20 PM

Too bad we never got this scene...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63November 14, 2019 7:45 AM

[quote]I don’t get why people are saying Rami’s a talented actor...But I guess the fact that most people who say he’s talented just want to fuck him

Yes, it's sad and scandalous. All those members of the Screen Actors Guild, British Academy of Film and Television Arts, & Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences just desperate to pollinate the wee skitterer.

In the meantime darling: while meth is one hell of a drug, you need to recognise it's also killing you.

by Anonymousreply 64November 15, 2019 2:39 PM

I thought the scene shot in the bank in 4.2 when Elliot and Darlene go for the safe deposit box, an absolute masterwork in terms of acting, cinematography and sound. I'm surprised more people haven't commented on it online.

by Anonymousreply 65November 15, 2019 2:56 PM

OMFG tonight's ep was INTENSE! top to end. damn did Rami act up a storm. (lightning and thunder!) emmy will love him again.

oh Vera!

by Anonymousreply 66November 18, 2019 3:10 AM

I agree that the acting was good.

Obviously Elliot's actions throughout the whole show have gradually become more and more questionable but this season (and especially the last couple of episodes with him blackmailing that girl and then what happened in the last episode) I've kind of started worrying about the show ending with him turning bad. Like I still think he's on the right side even though he's done some messed up shit but if it ends Breaking Bad style with him dying in disgrace or something I will be seriously disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 67November 18, 2019 2:17 PM

Why is Vera there? The big revelation was interesting (though we were all about 15 minutes ahead of it) and Malek was good. But again, Jesus, fucking Vera is an AWFUL character and the actor is jaw-droppingly terrible. Imagine if Whiterose or Wellick had been the one to elicit that memory. What a wasted opportunity of an hour. I hope the ship gets righted after this.

by Anonymousreply 68November 18, 2019 8:29 PM

i don't get your unending hatred for the actor playing Vera. he must trigger some unrealized event in your sordid past. he is a handsome man, and a really good actor.

by Anonymousreply 69November 19, 2019 12:04 AM

"Daddy touched me."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70November 19, 2019 12:16 AM

I don't remember the earlier seasons very well since it has been years since they aired. Was Elliot the little bitch and Vera the bully?

by Anonymousreply 71November 19, 2019 7:16 AM

This is going down about as well as Game of Thrones last season.

by Anonymousreply 72November 19, 2019 5:01 PM

Well, at least the crackhead's dead. I'd like to see his two punks get shot or stabbed too.

by Anonymousreply 73November 20, 2019 8:47 PM

mr robot (slater) went for his emmy nom this week. great acting job. (a ear may have fallen as i watched him)

by Anonymousreply 74November 25, 2019 7:03 PM

tear, not ear ^

by Anonymousreply 75November 25, 2019 8:30 PM

So he got diddled by daddy. I really disliked how they couched that reveal in that episode. What should have been an extremely powerful moment between Krista and Eliot was lessened by the ridiculous five act structure and the addition of the overacting meth head. It has a perfect 10 rating on IMDB saying it was the best episode of TV ever. Lol, whut? This season is just disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 76November 26, 2019 12:22 PM

This season started out great and I have hopes that when they get back to White Rose and ECorp, it’ll end well. But this middle stretch has been a grind.

by Anonymousreply 77November 26, 2019 1:14 PM

apparently this series is too deep for some of you viewers. r76 this is great television. writing, directing, directing, acting.. all top rate!

by Anonymousreply 78November 26, 2019 2:14 PM

Glad Janice is dead. Finally Dom is useful for once.

by Anonymousreply 79November 26, 2019 4:44 PM

Too deep? You mean tossing up a late last season "surprise" of sexual abuse after FOUR fucking years?

That's cheap, not deep, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 80November 26, 2019 7:37 PM

the case for sexual abuse was laid in season 1. pay attention!, MARY!

by Anonymousreply 81November 26, 2019 8:27 PM

Oh, we're expected to memorize this droning crap? MARY.

by Anonymousreply 82November 26, 2019 8:44 PM

What was said in season one?

by Anonymousreply 83November 26, 2019 9:02 PM

R78 Your parents STILL feel like you're a disappointment, right?

by Anonymousreply 84November 26, 2019 9:52 PM

Nothing was foreshadowed in S1 R83. We just know that Elliot fell out of the window. I mean...once we discovered that Mr. Robot was an "alter," it was safe to assume that Elliot was molested--just not by whom.

You know Hollywood....molestation=multiple personalities.

by Anonymousreply 85November 26, 2019 10:05 PM

Lol there was nothing “deep” about daddy diddling R78. And that entire episode was a derivative pastiche, but I wouldn’t expect you to have any real taste or critical criteria Marvel fanboi.

by Anonymousreply 86November 27, 2019 12:17 AM

One thing was clever, how they archly staged it as a claustrophobic single-set "drama" with multiple ACTS! Sort of an obscure parody of Pinter or Albee plays.

by Anonymousreply 87November 27, 2019 12:21 AM

i'm not a marvel fanboi. have seen maybe one movie all the way thru. but am WOWed by mr robot.

by Anonymousreply 88November 27, 2019 1:10 AM

I enjoyed it, very interesting subject for a tv show. However, I found that Swedish guy to be underused. Martin? Tyrell? He's very handsome and the one episode he was shirtless I played over and over. The last episodes of the last season became muddled and confusing. Was Elliott trying to undo the chaos he created? I couldn't figure it out.

by Anonymousreply 89November 27, 2019 2:05 AM

R89 You need to go back to season 1, Episode 5 - (or maybe 4, not sure which). Others here who have watched from the beginning know which episode I'm talking about.

by Anonymousreply 90November 27, 2019 3:37 AM

Others who have lives don't memorize TV show episodes from four years ago.

by Anonymousreply 91November 27, 2019 5:26 AM

I assume that was the episode he fucked a guy.

by Anonymousreply 92November 28, 2019 3:27 AM

R92 yeah, and it was pretty graphic for the USA network.

by Anonymousreply 93November 28, 2019 6:57 AM

Anybody else confused on whether Angela is really alive or not? Why did Whiterose bring it up - just to taunt Price and Elliott? They both saw her body, so how would that tactic make any sense? Then again, there's a lot of speculation that Whiterose has been working on some kind of time machine, so did she think she was going to rewind back to a time before Angela was killed to appease them? Confused.

by Anonymousreply 94December 2, 2019 12:34 PM

I don’t know if there’s an Emmy Award for sound design or sound editing or any of that, but if there is, I hope this show has been raking them in. There’s a LOT about this show I don’t like, but the sound absolutely sucks you in and turns the screws. It’s David Lynch-level good.

by Anonymousreply 95December 2, 2019 3:48 PM

there are emmys for every segment of TV. yes, sound should be one of the awards Robot gets. and set decoration.

by Anonymousreply 96December 2, 2019 8:34 PM

That bitch Angela is DEAD!

by Anonymousreply 97December 3, 2019 2:24 AM

I loved all the tech nerd stuff in the latest episode and the tension was great.

But why did White Rose hold his private meeting in the Brooklyn Museum's atrium? It sure must have been difficult for Dolores to race over to lower Manhattan. Which train did she take?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98December 4, 2019 2:33 AM

It's DARLENE!

by Anonymousreply 99December 4, 2019 6:27 PM

missed connections!

but Bobby C is back!

by Anonymousreply 100December 9, 2019 3:09 AM

Loved ep10 with Leon. I feel Esmail was homaging Pulp Fiction with his dialogue. Loved the ref to 3 Days Of The Condor — a great film then and now. The scene of Darlene transferring the money was orgasmic. Then the cut to her in the car scrolling through Twitter reading the collective joy. So much to marvel at in this show. The hug in the stark light of the carpark revealed little Rami to be flecked with grey. No longer the man boy of Series 1, but a man child carved by life.

by Anonymousreply 101December 9, 2019 10:09 AM

I was breathless during the last 10 minutes, watching Darlene freak out in the bathroom, then her and Dom just missing each other at the airline check-in desk. It was maddening to see, wait and hope that they finally got on the plane together. I don't even want them together as a couple - I want them to help each other have a little happiness and healing.

by Anonymousreply 102December 9, 2019 4:22 PM

If Carly Chaikin (sp?) avoids plastic surgery, she's going to have such an interesting, character-y face when she gets older.

by Anonymousreply 103December 9, 2019 5:14 PM

Yes, an amusing twist on the cliché 'running through an airport for love' trope, but sad.

Cannavale's bit brought a sly spoof of 'successful' authors.

by Anonymousreply 104December 10, 2019 1:01 AM

Did Cannevale look different? Not the disguise of glasses and moustache but rather his body. He's been in lots of stuff, and I always had the impression he was a large and well-built man. He seems small and scrawny here, though I didn't notice that in the earlier season of Mr. Robot that was referenced.

by Anonymousreply 105December 10, 2019 1:24 AM

The camera shots were slightly from above, and made him look deliberately comic and less threatening.

by Anonymousreply 106December 10, 2019 4:38 AM

I shouldn't laugh but this photo does it for me.

It's like she rocked up to the event with her emotional support critter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107December 10, 2019 7:41 AM

Is it over yet?

by Anonymousreply 108December 13, 2019 8:26 PM

I've had a hard time following the show's story line but somehow it still holds my interest.

by Anonymousreply 109December 13, 2019 10:48 PM

This final season is up there with the first... just fantastic.

The only weak spot was last week's little "calm before the storm" episode before the final episodes hammer the final nails in the story home.

by Anonymousreply 110December 15, 2019 10:05 PM

wow! white rose exit!

by Anonymousreply 111December 16, 2019 3:14 AM

Did the explosion at E Corp trigger some time loop/alternate plane concocted by White Rose? That's what I'm guessing, but maybe I missed something. RIP White Rose.

That was a mindfuck to see Elliot's "alternate" life, with those faces from the past: Angela, nerdy tech boss Tyrell Wellick, the two dudes from Allsafe 1.0, and Mr. Alderson. Strange that Darlene didn't exist in AU world. Next week's preview looked like it'll be a wild ride too. Does anyone foresee a happy ending? And are there any loose ends still need to be tied up?

by Anonymousreply 112December 16, 2019 3:39 AM

Darlene must still be alive if she's not in the alt-world

by Anonymousreply 113December 16, 2019 9:24 AM

I'm guessing White Rose never existed and was the Third Person. Absolutely everything occurred in tortured little Elliot's mind. It was pretty obvious from the first episode when he didn't delete the fsociety rootkit, that he was fsociety.

by Anonymousreply 114December 16, 2019 10:31 AM

People saying there's a sci-fi element of parallel universes have it wildly wrong IMHO. This was never Lost. This was first and last a psychological adventure of parallel consciousnesses in one mind. Well that's my take.

by Anonymousreply 115December 16, 2019 10:34 AM

What the fuck was White Rose's machine? I feel like I totally missed the point of that.

by Anonymousreply 116December 17, 2019 5:00 AM

Supposedly a time machine. Again, it only really makes sense if it was an Elliot fever dream. I thought the crane shot of him walking to the power plant worth the ticket of admission. Another fantastic sequence was the last seconds of the episode — ‘Who are you?’ and the cut to Mac Quayles violins over the credits. That guy is a genius.

by Anonymousreply 117December 17, 2019 9:36 AM

So Elliot has completely lost it? Full on psychotic break?

I wonder what's happening in the real world.

by Anonymousreply 118December 17, 2019 5:35 PM

I thought a damaged version of White Rose's alternate reality machine took over. Everybody's happy, but it's got glitches.

by Anonymousreply 119December 17, 2019 7:08 PM

There's no such thing as an alternate reality machine, so clearly this is all happening inside Elliot's head.

Anyone else notice the break with convention in the motel parking lot when Mr Robot and Elliot were pretty far apart, and Darleen said bye to Elliot, and then stopped and commented to Mr Robot like he was a separate person, and continued walking?

All I can think of is that THAT was a signal that the mental break happened prior to that moment.

by Anonymousreply 120December 17, 2019 8:44 PM

Yes, a few people "see" the dad on occasion, mostly Darlene.

by Anonymousreply 121December 17, 2019 9:00 PM

The entire 'CEO Elliot' is clearly another of his self-protective fantasies -- as highlighted by the 'earthquake' that happens in the apartment.

by Anonymousreply 122December 18, 2019 1:01 AM

so its going to end with Elliott in a psych ward with Darlene as the nurse, Tyrell as the doctor, Angela as fellow psych patient. I hope not

by Anonymousreply 123December 18, 2019 7:57 AM

Given Esmail’s penchant for Hitchcockian cameos, you’d have to expect he turns up in the final ep. But as what?! The priest at ‘CEO Elliot’s’ wedding?

by Anonymousreply 124December 18, 2019 1:52 PM

"It was all a dream..."

by Anonymousreply 125December 18, 2019 8:37 PM

I came across this great long interview with Malek where he talks about crafting the character. It's really fascinating to sense the immense work he put into it, to the degree of creating entire memories for Elliot. There's also a bit where he talks about the wonderful Ron's Coffee Shop scene from the Pilot, and how complex the scene is and how traumatic that day of filming was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126December 21, 2019 11:31 AM

White Rose has been here multiple times. Constantly striving to reach that perfect reality where she is the woman she was always "meant" to be. But Elliot Alderson keeps messing up her plans. His multiple personalities and determination to fuck A, B C, D, and now E Corp are the ghost in her machine. In the F Corp world she has given Elliot his own perfect reality, the father he imagined, Angela in love with him, money, success and abusive mom conveniently absent. But F Corp world cannot accomodate Darlene. Can Elliot accept a world where his sister never existed? Will White Rose and Elliot be locked in an eternal battle through multiple alternate realities? Will Elliot's other alternate personality emerge as a dues ex machina to explain what the F has been going on for the last four seasons?

by Anonymousreply 127December 21, 2019 12:28 PM

[quote]It's really fascinating to sense the immense work he put into it, to the degree of creating entire memories for Elliot.

My dear boy, why don't you just try acting?

by Anonymousreply 128December 21, 2019 12:35 PM

Was it just my TV or did Malek look especially jaundiced in the last episode? Was that on purpose? I kept thinking of our yellow skin troll.

by Anonymousreply 129December 21, 2019 9:14 PM

[quote]My dear boy, why don't you just try acting?

And that's perhaps why Olivier was hammy – from ever so slightly, to full Christmas dinner ham.

On the Prince And The Showgirl, he and the rest of the English cast thought Marilyn wasn't doing much. Until they saw the rushes.

by Anonymousreply 130December 22, 2019 8:40 AM

The two hour series finale is tonight. I'm gonna miss this show.

by Anonymousreply 131December 22, 2019 4:57 PM

WOW! answers and more questions. at least we now know who "friend" was,.

by Anonymousreply 132December 23, 2019 3:17 AM

I love that song they play at the end -- Outro by M83. It's also the theme for the show Versailles.

by Anonymousreply 133December 23, 2019 3:21 AM

Was it good??

by Anonymousreply 134December 23, 2019 7:46 AM

The finale happened and only two posts? Wow. Everyone gave up on this show, even though it had an Oscar winner. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 135December 23, 2019 1:28 PM

I will say, it was kind of bad to end the show right before/during the peak holiday season.

Everyone I know is super busy right now preparing for the holidays and no one is really watching tv or films that much at the moment...

by Anonymousreply 136December 23, 2019 2:33 PM

looks like a few folks watched the finale....

6.2 K

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137December 23, 2019 3:26 PM

Almost despite myself, I have to say I was touched by the last half hour, specifically the stuff with Darlene.

Whatever the ups and downs, I’m glad I watched it through to the end.

by Anonymousreply 138December 23, 2019 5:38 PM

Overall, this was a great series on every level. I can't think of another show that was as creative. It was great at being able to be disorienting and maybe experience a little bit of what true mental illness is like. 10 out of 10. This last season was a thousand times better than the last season of GoT.

by Anonymousreply 139December 23, 2019 6:57 PM

I've watched since the beginning and loved the concept and the freshness of the storytelling. I was feeling a little meh when they bought in Bobby Cannavale - he seemed out of place with his guido-ish affect but I wanted to see where the story would go. I thought the finale was pretty good. It got a little freaky and I had to pay close attention to follow whether Elliot was in the real world or in his head. I was satisfied with the way Sam Esmail closed it down, though I think the Whiterose time travel thing was tied up too quickly and not explored enough. I think if he's pushed it to another season or two, he may have not been able to maintain the pace, so he got out at a good time.

by Anonymousreply 140December 23, 2019 9:29 PM

Great show, very much capturing its time. Sam Esmail is a rare gem.

by Anonymousreply 141December 24, 2019 3:28 PM

I realized during the finale that I've not been giving Christian Slater the recognition he deserves. He's been right up there, toe to toe, with an Oscar winner for 4 seasons but I've been focusing on Rami more and forgetting Christian's contribution. I hope he gets another great role soon. I'm still a little salty that we didn't get more of the Tyrell/Elliot bromance that was fluttered in front of our faces. C'est la vie

by Anonymousreply 142December 25, 2019 1:00 AM

I don’t know, while I liked how they wrapped up with Elliot and Darlene, I feel like they really shit all over Angela, and to a certain extent whiterose and Tyrell. So, they didn’t know what to do with the McGuffin machine and basically just wrote it off, but it was such an enormous motivation for Angela when she saw the contents if it that she allowed thousands across the nation to be murdered and was herself murdered in the first five minutes of this season as a result? Bullshit. That’s just laziness on the writers and producers part. Esmail himself admits they just kill characters when they can’t come up with any more story for them, but this really sucked and poisoned the whole season for me.

by Anonymousreply 143December 25, 2019 1:06 PM

I strongly suspect that if you go back and watch the show from the beginning, the whole Elliot-as-another-personality won’t really hold up all that well. But I really liked that hospital scene, so I don’t care much.

It’s just a TV show. I don’t ask for much except a reasonable hour's entertainment every week. People investing their own self-worth in defending or excoriating a TV show (or movie) bewilder me.

by Anonymousreply 144December 25, 2019 2:15 PM

Killing off that bugged eyed bitch Angela was the one thing Esmail got right.

by Anonymousreply 145December 26, 2019 12:37 AM

She's a great actress. And 'Angela' looked radiant in those engagement photographs on her parents apartment wall in the finale....which must have been somewhat hard for her given the real off-screen back story.

by Anonymousreply 146December 26, 2019 7:32 AM

Angela haters are incels.

by Anonymousreply 147December 26, 2019 12:43 PM

Can a female be an incel?

by Anonymousreply 148December 26, 2019 5:30 PM

What's the off-screen back story, R146?

by Anonymousreply 149December 26, 2019 11:51 PM

Portia and Rami were a couple for a while.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150December 27, 2019 9:48 AM

Just posted on Insta. Cool!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151December 28, 2019 9:00 AM

'It was all a dream' + 'multiple personality disorder finally HEALED!' = F.

- Society

by Anonymousreply 152December 30, 2019 8:13 AM

no! those events happened. white rose tried to blow up the city. it was reality, but seen thru the mind of a badly flawed man.

by Anonymousreply 153December 30, 2019 6:36 PM

Schizo heals via explosive trauma. Dumb.

by Anonymousreply 154December 30, 2019 10:26 PM

whiterose didn’t try to blow up anything, she was trying to bring about an alternate reality. So many fundamental misunderstandings about what this show was, what it did, and how it did it.

by Anonymousreply 155January 1, 2020 3:08 PM

The show kinda went out with a whimper.

It was still an absolutely excellent show, with a mostly strong final season.

by Anonymousreply 156January 1, 2020 3:39 PM

It was a great first season, and all downhill from there.

by Anonymousreply 157January 4, 2020 7:18 PM

The second season was the weakest link, but the third and fourth were both inventive and unique television.

by Anonymousreply 158January 4, 2020 10:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!