Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How long should the impeachment take? I say looooong... What's the hurry?

Do a slow and thorough job. Make the GOP squirm. Spare no one. Spare no detail. The GOP wants to get done with it ASAP in the Senate. Nope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40February 16, 2020 6:38 AM

Impeach Barr first, then Pompeo and Pence before they get to The Toadstool. Test it out, play McConnell, string up the GOP first, inform the public.

by Anonymousreply 1October 5, 2019 4:27 PM

Let the river of whistleblowers flow...

by Anonymousreply 2October 6, 2019 12:48 PM

the Republican strategy to protect President Donald Trump from impeachment: Trick Democrats into holding the vote too early, so Trump and his inner circle won’t have as much of an opportunity to blurt out incriminating facts or obstruct justice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 9, 2019 4:14 AM

God that guy’s face is so fucking ugly. Looks like a smacked ass.

by Anonymousreply 4October 9, 2019 4:16 AM

I should have mentioned I was referring to Mitch the Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 5October 9, 2019 4:17 AM

All the pundits on MSNBC are advising the Democrats to keep the inquiry narrowly FOCUSED (on the Ukraine issue), NOT get mired in a bunch of other investigations and make it BRIEF (have the vote before the end of the year and do not let Trump drag it out into the 2020 campaign season.)

by Anonymousreply 6October 9, 2019 4:26 AM

Long enough for Trump and Rudy to continue to incriminate themselves publicly even further.

Long enough for the Dems to identify which GOPers have sucked Trump's taint most moistly and come up with alternative candidates.

Long enough for a jail sentence for all involved to be painful and essentially a life sentence.

That long.

by Anonymousreply 7October 9, 2019 4:26 AM

Why does Moscow Mitch always need a 'posse' standing behind him when he talks to the press?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 9, 2019 4:33 AM

This is so short sighted, and likely to backfire.

It’s called “Rules of Impeachment”!

Use them, or don’t whine when it causes more chaos.

I’m honestly curious about the endgame. Pelosi knows that they need 67 senators to vote for impeachment. If all they have is the Ukraine incident, then there is no way that even a majority will vote for impeachment.

That would be an incredible embarrassment before the election.

What is the reasoning?

by Anonymousreply 9October 9, 2019 4:52 AM

Removal after impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 10October 9, 2019 4:53 AM

HardcoreLiberal? Boris could you be any more obvious?

Drag this shit out because every day we get more impeachable acts from Trump and his inept minions.

by Anonymousreply 11October 9, 2019 5:02 AM

To Nancy Pelosi:

Drag it out. Drag the dirt out. Do not narrow the impeachment focus to Ukraine. Crime is crime. You can't stop for political expediency. Do your job.

--- Financial Times U.S. National Editor Edward Luce looked at new polling showing a majority of Americans want Donald Trump impeached and said odds are rapidly increasing that the Senate will vote to remove the president. He said things are looking grim for the president — particularly in light of new information revealed by former Trump Russia adviser Fiona Hill...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2019 3:12 PM

The longer it is dragged out then more Republicans will go down with the orange turd as more crimes and associates are revealed.

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2019 3:28 PM

Which is why Moscow Mitch will be frantic if he can’t stop this cancer from metastasizing.

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2019 3:51 PM

R9, this was too blatant an act to let go. If we just throw up our hands, future presidents will think they can get away with similar bullshit, and foreign countries will see that they can make these kinds of deals with us, and we won’t really do anything. It doesn’t matter if the Senate convicts or not.

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2019 3:57 PM

Let's say they just focus on one crime to speed the process up (like others above me have said). Can't they bring up the other charges after impeachment? The best plan of attack seems to be to get Trump on one solid charge (Ukraine), impeach, then go back for the rest of his shit.

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2019 4:03 PM

Pelosi is playing for the long game, giving Dump and his rogue's gallery enough rope to hang themselves. It's. All. Happening!

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2019 4:12 PM

R16, I guess they could, but there isn’t really time for that. The election will be right around the corner by then. Regardless, I don’t think they would do that.

One of the reasons they’re trying to make this quick is because the public has a very short attention span. They’ll get sick of this quick, and public opinion will turn.

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2019 4:42 PM

What, me hurry? The impeachment barricade crumbles. Why stop it now? Unless the Democrats lose their nerve. Boy, is this exciting!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2019 7:45 PM

People in Trumps administration are jumping ship hoping to save their reputations and careers. More of this will happen and will bring down Trumps allies and supporters along with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 20October 16, 2019 10:57 AM

The United States has already entered into an election cycle. What do suggest the Dems do, OP, impeach right before the election? So that the Congress elects, rather than the people?

And with Pelosi yesterday announcing that she refuses to have the House actually vote on impeachment, she's made fools both of herself and of Schiff.

The whole thing has become ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 21October 16, 2019 11:03 AM

Voters will be numbed to a never-ending impeachment process.

by Anonymousreply 22October 16, 2019 11:12 AM

The left wants to keep it going as long as possible since there is nothing to impeach the President over. They want to keep slinging mud and keep slinging mud, so the news is filled with empty accusations. Another reason is to deflect attention to the endemic corruption of the democrat and tie up any investigations of this corruption through all levels of their party which might cause them to lose any election. It's important to vote each and every member of the left out of the office as they are all part of the same cesspool. Why isn't anyone looking into the pelozzi's husband, and all of his owasteful government contracts? What happened to clinton's give away of our uranium stores to the russians? Remember, when obama was speaking with Putin, and stated, "Let's wait until after the election when I have more flexibility?"

by Anonymousreply 23October 16, 2019 11:14 AM

Oh dems dems dems... Oh nancy nancy nancy... never learn do we?

Give Giuliani the MAX and HARRRRD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 16, 2019 5:01 PM

Moscow Mitch plans to wrap it up by xmas. Oh yeah? Who's he to set the Dems and House agenda and plan what Pelosi should do? Nyet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 16, 2019 8:46 PM

There's new crap coming out everyday. The entertainment quotient is high. People love it. The media loves it.

by Anonymousreply 26October 17, 2019 3:15 AM

‘Smart rats jump a sinking orange ship’: Columnist predicts more Republicans will flee Trump.

New York Times contributing columnist Wajahat Ali predicted that more Republicans would likely flee President Donald Trump in the coming weeks.

Already, Trump’s own officials, appointees, and staff are lining up to testify to the House committees, despite Trump saying they will not cooperate with any investigations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 17, 2019 7:00 AM

Amid the nonstop shit tornado, there was talk about House Dems discussing how to implement inherent contempt and imprisonment.

To be fair Congress hasn't imprisoned anybody for at least 150 years.

by Anonymousreply 28October 17, 2019 8:05 AM

Good.

"[Pelosi] suggested the impeachment inquiry might call additional witnesses.

“We aren’t finished yet, the day is not over, and you never know what testimony of one person may lead to the need for testimony of another,” Pelosi said

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 21, 2019 5:57 PM

[quote] "[Pelosi] suggested the impeachment inquiry might call additional witnesses.

I wonder if Mike Pence could pull it off?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 21, 2019 6:07 PM

They have to bring Bolton and Mulvaney in. They HAVE to.

by Anonymousreply 31November 21, 2019 7:00 PM

I don't care how long it takes, providing the networks show regular programming on alternate channels.

by Anonymousreply 32November 21, 2019 7:10 PM

Attagirl Nancy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 19, 2019 2:10 PM

Trump's approval has climbed during the impeachment process, while support for impeachment and removal has fallen. The longer this process takes the more that will probably continue. Everyone knows that the Senate will not convict. There is no way sixty Senators will vote for it, regardless of any rules. I doubt there will even be an unanimous vote to convict among Democrats. If Senator Manchin votes to convict, his political future in WVA is over, likewise if Doug Jones wants any sort of a chance at being reelected he can't vote for it.

The main problem is with timing. Many people want Congress to now focus on other issues, because it is almost an election year, where the people can decide Trump's fate, not Congress. An additional problem, is that impeachment is not firing up independents. Instead it is firing up the base on both sides, though I think it is firing up his side more. Look at the money he and the GOP has raised during this.

by Anonymousreply 34December 19, 2019 3:04 PM

Congress just should do their job. However long it takes. Whatever the polls say. Otherwise it's a dereliction of duty.

by Anonymousreply 35December 19, 2019 9:10 PM

Agreed, r34. And polling shows that support for impeachment is declining in swing states, which are the only states that matter in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 36December 19, 2019 9:21 PM

The Russians have landed at Datalounge!

by Anonymousreply 37December 20, 2019 12:40 AM
by Anonymousreply 38January 26, 2020 1:55 PM

Who does OP think runs this trial? I'll give you a hint, OP: put a G in front of OP.

by Anonymousreply 39January 26, 2020 2:31 PM

When did this happen?

by Anonymousreply 40February 16, 2020 6:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!