Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mark Lawson formerly Brody of Llanview, PA now residing in Port Charles, NY

They added his photo to the GH opening credits and the picture does not do him justice. They should have used image below.

GH discussion may continue below for reasons well known to non-subscribers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170October 31, 2019 1:03 AM

Dr. O looks lovely all dressed up for the wedding.

Madeline mentioned, makes me think Sasha could turn out to be Madeline's daughter.

If NuNina doesn't finally "bring it" when the Sasha reveal happens, can we just get rid of her...send her back to Drew Carey Show or wherever it was she came from.

by Anonymousreply 1October 4, 2019 6:54 PM

I didn't know Good Housekeeping was still publishing.

by Anonymousreply 2October 4, 2019 7:00 PM

Haven't learned Mark's character's name yet, but it seems they're now hinting about his mysterious past. Does he have any PC connections?

by Anonymousreply 3October 4, 2019 7:20 PM

His character's name is Dustin something, high school teacher and uber driver.

by Anonymousreply 4October 4, 2019 7:28 PM

So we have Dustin and now Donna. Today's soap writers have basically given up coming up with new interesting character names?

by Anonymousreply 5October 4, 2019 7:34 PM

Spoilers for next Wed, 10/9: "Robert has sad news." Wonder if that is about Dante or Anna?

Also, anyone have any inside scoop about Nik...Recast or TC on a very tight leash?

by Anonymousreply 6October 4, 2019 9:02 PM

Nina's wedding makeup was over the top 1980s, they just can't get it right with her.

by Anonymousreply 7October 5, 2019 1:10 PM

Hope Finola is back soon and gets this Finn/Hayden/Where's The Baby story moving.

by Anonymousreply 8October 6, 2019 3:17 PM

Robert's sad news will probably be that they found some of Drew's clothing in the plane wreckage and that will be the last we ever hear about Drew again.

by Anonymousreply 9October 7, 2019 12:15 PM

LW wants people to help out Robert Palmer Watkins and his roommate who lost their home to fire damage.

by Anonymousreply 10October 7, 2019 12:32 PM

Wasn't LW the one who got RPW fired and now she's being benevolent.... She should write him a big fat check to get the ball rolling.

by Anonymousreply 11October 7, 2019 12:44 PM

So, they've added Mark Lawson's photo to the opening credits as of last Thursday's show, but the photo doesn't look anything like him.

by Anonymousreply 12October 7, 2019 1:37 PM

That's been known to happen r12 It must have something to do with the photographer

by Anonymousreply 13October 7, 2019 3:38 PM

Nina didn't need the First Communion veil.

by Anonymousreply 14October 7, 2019 7:00 PM

Loved him on One Life to Live, just wish they hadn't screwed up the Jessica and Brody relationship with Ford

by Anonymousreply 15October 7, 2019 7:09 PM

CW's look and delivery of the "you little bitch" line to Lulu was what I expect Nina to be and sound like.

by Anonymousreply 16October 7, 2019 8:04 PM

Was Santa Barbara no longer available?

by Anonymousreply 17October 7, 2019 8:54 PM

Could he not find it to Ryan’s Way?

by Anonymousreply 18October 7, 2019 8:55 PM

Did the World turn to fast for him?

by Anonymousreply 19October 7, 2019 8:55 PM

We’re there to many Dark Shadows on his life?

by Anonymousreply 20October 7, 2019 8:56 PM

Did he make it there before the Edge of Night?

by Anonymousreply 21October 7, 2019 8:57 PM

How many Days of our Lives did it take him?

by Anonymousreply 22October 7, 2019 8:57 PM

Was there a Guiding Light to show him the way?

by Anonymousreply 23October 7, 2019 8:59 PM

Did he take All My Children with him?

by Anonymousreply 24October 7, 2019 9:00 PM

how long before he goes shirtless! he had a rocking body back in the day, i hope he/it's held up!...

by Anonymousreply 25October 7, 2019 9:02 PM

R25

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 7, 2019 9:38 PM

The big day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 7, 2019 11:49 PM

The men folk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 7, 2019 11:50 PM

Those 👢 Maxie are wearing are 1. ugly and 2. don't look appropriate for a wedding unless it was a Vegas wedding.

by Anonymousreply 29October 8, 2019 12:13 AM

Shouldn't be surprised by now, but it's still shocking that the daughter of Luke & Laura is the frauiest frau who ever lived.

by Anonymousreply 30October 8, 2019 12:49 PM

R30

Luke & Laura are absolute icons but both of their kids are abject failures.

by Anonymousreply 31October 8, 2019 4:33 PM

Sasha broke decades of soap protocol when she immediately admitted her lie to Michael. I hope she continues with this ground breaking, newly set precedence today and immediately fesses up to Nina.

And where the hell is Nik? That's a story viewers would actually care about.

How about Tad Martin Gray, Esq., when will he reappear?

by Anonymousreply 32October 8, 2019 5:06 PM

A confession would be ground breaking for a soap, but it would also break some wedding etiquette to blurt out a paternity confession during a wedding ceremony. This isn't the Maury show!

by Anonymousreply 33October 8, 2019 6:27 PM

Still unimpressed with CW.

by Anonymousreply 34October 8, 2019 6:41 PM

R32

MEK appeared last week. He's in tomorrow's previews

by Anonymousreply 35October 8, 2019 11:19 PM

Please tell me Jax doesn't have pity sex with that mantilla-wearing wildebeest!

by Anonymousreply 36October 9, 2019 1:57 AM

The Staff was sorely missed today, she would have been swinging from the chandeliers (or whatever type of lighting churches have) and yelling like a banshee, her spittle would have been on everyone's face -- AND she would have hiked up her dress so she could do a proper run out of the church not those ridiculous teeny, tiny baby steps CW took.

CW doesn't have chemistry with anyone,not men, women or children. Trying to saddle IR with her won't work. FV just needs to put her on the Adios Elevator at her next 13 Week Cycle or whatever interval it is they can let people go.

by Anonymousreply 37October 9, 2019 1:57 AM

Wouldn't mind seeing IR in only his undies.

by Anonymousreply 38October 9, 2019 3:42 AM

R37

I don't miss MS' scenery chewing & flapping arms. They need to have Nina go crazy with revenge. Have her kill Valentin then turn the gun on herself or have her jump off the parapet after killing him.

Sasha could be filled with so much shame she leaves PC never to be mentioned again.

by Anonymousreply 39October 9, 2019 4:43 AM

Serene beauty:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40October 9, 2019 5:15 AM

[quote]They need to have Nina go crazy with revenge.

That's what Cynthia Watros did so well on GL. With luck, we'll see her give an equally amazing scary-crazy performance on GH.

by Anonymousreply 41October 9, 2019 7:49 AM

Speaking of the Adios Elevator, JPS sure looks to be the next one riding it. The huge (non-scenery eating, thank you) break up and the near daily mention of Nik, are pointing toward it.

by Anonymousreply 42October 9, 2019 12:51 PM

We need to see Anna reduce him to a stuttering pile of jelly one last time before he goes.

by Anonymousreply 43October 9, 2019 6:02 PM

MEK lost weight.

by Anonymousreply 44October 9, 2019 6:13 PM

R44

MEK may have let his hair go gray but his face is without lines. He would look so much younger if he dyed his hair. He has definitely taken good care of his skin.

In one of his interviews since returning he said he gave up dyeing his hair. Gray & white hair really takes to color. It drinks it. He needs to go to a professional colorist & return to his warm brown color.

by Anonymousreply 45October 9, 2019 8:49 PM

In this interview JPS tells the story of accompanying MEK on his honeymoon instead of Catherine Hickland, she last minute booked Les Mis and the honeymoon trip was non-refundable. Story in last paragraph.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 9, 2019 9:04 PM

I don't think MEK will do that r45.The front half of his hair is very white and he has thick hair that probably grows fast meaning he'd have white roots in less than a week (thus his giving up trying). He could darken the front to match the back half of his head which is more of a dark gray so when the white roots appear they'd probably blend in well for some weeks. I think he looks fine as is but I do admit I think his hair does make him resemble a founding father.

by Anonymousreply 47October 9, 2019 11:16 PM

Thank you wardrobe department for putting Howarth in those sweats today. His schwang was glorious.. He also has a tight round ass for a 50 y/o man.

by Anonymousreply 48October 10, 2019 1:04 AM

oh my goodness! jonnysbro, jerry, and eboneece have finally made their grand returns to soap opera network (son). it is a sight to behold. they have had several accounts for years because they knew the day would come when they would need to make a dramatic reentrance into the soap boards. it makes my day to watch them make the son posters go insane. one of their names, dona, is actually making some posters go bezerk.

by Anonymousreply 49October 10, 2019 1:12 AM

CW was SO amazing on GL, even before Annie went crazy.

I have to assume she's fighting alcoholism and is just not able to deliver. Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 50October 10, 2019 1:16 AM

R49 As always, none of us give even the tiniest of fucks what happens on other boards or on Twitter. Leave that shit elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 51October 10, 2019 1:16 AM

R51, I see this as a public service to update the online soap world. jonnysbro has been around, but he had to underground for a bit. he knew the day would come when he would need to go into hiding so he created several covert accts at SON. He set these identities into motion at sifferent points in time. At any one point over the last year theres been at least 4 jonnys at SON. He also made a pact with a poster named Jerry who has done the same thing. its taken marvelous planning and coordnation. ive been impressed

by Anonymousreply 52October 10, 2019 1:30 AM

R52

This is DL and we don't GAF about some other board or any of the nutcases that post there.

by Anonymousreply 53October 10, 2019 11:01 AM

Will Brad have Julian murder Nelle upon her release from prison or was Chloe Lanier missing the steady paycheck?

by Anonymousreply 54October 10, 2019 11:42 AM

off topic, but i was wondering what do the great dames like erika slezak and kim zimmer and genie francis now do for work? do they NEED to work anymore?... lucci is off doing her money making ventures still.....

off hand, does anyone know how much a soap opera regular gets paid a year? is it seniority? is it based on popularity? is it based on how many episodes they appear in and that average in a year? is it based on how much work, experience they have outside of the soap (i.e. movies, night time tv, etc.) are the contracts only year by year?..

wonder how much my eye candy addiction for example paul telfer on days of our lives is making?

by Anonymousreply 55October 10, 2019 1:29 PM

I think CL misses the paycheck and is more than likely coming back on contract even if it's a short contract. Only project I've read she's done is a self produced, crowd funded (with LW as her cheerleader) film. I expected her to get more work, surprised she couldn't even get a commercial like ex-Valerie (Brytni Sarpi) who got that Doritos commercial which I'm sure kept her going til the Y&R gig came up. CL is tight with LW, she'll get whatever she needs or wants.

by Anonymousreply 56October 10, 2019 1:41 PM

Who did IR piss off already to cause them to punish him with this new pairing?

by Anonymousreply 57October 10, 2019 7:47 PM

IR looked good today in shorts and t-shirt.

by Anonymousreply 58October 10, 2019 8:22 PM

[quote] off topic, but i was wondering what do the great dames like erika slezak and kim zimmer and genie francis now do for work? do they NEED to work anymore?... lucci is off doing her money making ventures still.....

Slezak and Zimmer are both all but retired. Slee is 73 years old and Zimmer will be 65 (!) next year. They're doing occasional work - Zimmer does stage work, and Slee had a role on a Fox show last year. Genie Francis is still on GH but likely at a recurring salary with an agreement about how often she appears.

[quote] off hand, does anyone know how much a soap opera regular gets paid a year? is it seniority? is it based on popularity? is it based on how many episodes they appear in and that average in a year? is it based on how much work, experience they have outside of the soap (i.e. movies, night time tv, etc.) are the contracts only year by year?..

It's really different now. It used to be based more on popularity than anything else, then senority. But a lot has changed. There really aren't any soap stars making big money these days - maybe Eric Braeden and Melody Thomas Scott from Y&R. Most other salaries are more down to earth these days. A lot of older stars are on recurring which means they get paid per episode (usually around 1K per episode). The remaining hour shows probably only have 10 to 12 contract players, versus 22-25 as they did back in the 80s and 90s.

by Anonymousreply 59October 10, 2019 8:26 PM

I wonder what newbies with little to no experience like Sasha/Willow/Chase make...

It was in a recent GH thread that MB gets a new car leased for him every year.

by Anonymousreply 60October 10, 2019 8:39 PM

[quote]IR looked good today in shorts and t-shirt.

He looked extremely good!

His choice of wife is baffling, she's very butch. Maybe the rumors are true...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 10, 2019 8:46 PM

MB getting a car leased every year is so stupid. He doesn't even know how to drive. I guess the car is for the wife.

Instead of a car I'd ask for a car service. He lives half way to San Diego. His wife has to schlep him to & from work because he doesn't drive.

by Anonymousreply 62October 10, 2019 10:43 PM

[quote]I wonder what newbies with little to no experience like Sasha/Willow/Chase make...

If they are on contract, scale plus 10% with, probably, a 2 day a week guarantee.

by Anonymousreply 63October 10, 2019 10:51 PM

Brad Maule to make a guest appearance as Ghost Tony Jones. Hope that means the baby story is wrapping up soon and he comes to comfort Lucas when Brad is sent packing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64October 10, 2019 11:20 PM

Interesting, R64! So, if Leslie Charleson tweeted that on Oct. 9, we should see it happen in 4-6 weeks? Maybe that's for November sweeps. Too bad, I'd rather see that crapola wrapped up sooner.

by Anonymousreply 65October 10, 2019 11:41 PM

Leslie and Jackie Z are glad when he's on, his plastic surgery is even worse than theirs!

by Anonymousreply 66October 10, 2019 11:52 PM

Ingo has been looking especially delectable since his return. He was always a good looking man, but he's looking even better than before in my opinion. Nicely tanned, carrying just the right amount of muscle and Jax's signature blond highlights are there. For the year he was on B&B as Thorne, he was not looking so good -- too thin and somewhat pale, plus no blond highlights in his hair. So its very good to see him looking healthy and fit. Plus GH wardrobe has been very good to him, because everything he's dressed in looks great.

Ingo also seems to have improved in the acting department. He seems to handling tougher material and stronger scenes easily. He also seems to be able to go head to head with Sonny better, scenes in which he was often overpowered by Maurice in the past.

And most importantly, Jax's return has really helped the show. Just seems so natural to have Jax there.

by Anonymousreply 67October 10, 2019 11:59 PM

Maybe Ingo's new boyfriend is fucking him real, real good.

by Anonymousreply 68October 11, 2019 12:19 AM

They should test Jax and Sasha, anything but Jax and puffy faced Nina.

by Anonymousreply 69October 11, 2019 12:29 AM

Greatly looking forward to the debut of the newly acquired golden lab Honey Bun. Maybe she'll take a shining to Roxy.

by Anonymousreply 70October 11, 2019 3:22 AM

R67...INGO LOOKED BEYOND gorgeous when he first appeared on GH back in the day! stunningly so!...

always loved the dirty kinky storyline of evil helena cassidine (constance towers) trying to blackmail and seduce jax into one "night of perfection" sex with jax otherwise she won't give him the medication for chloe's soon to be gone eyesight that she needs...

alot of dirty innuendo and making out with the two and seeing ingo in a tux was breathtaking, this storyline was in 2000!

i found it hot (and still do) to see ingo (jax) and helena (constance) making out all hot and heavy when in reality at the time constance was 67 years old and ingo was ONLY 29!. 38 year difference! that's like making out with your grandmother!

stupidly, the director and writers had jax trick helena, handcuff her and get the formula for chloe WITHOUT them actually doing the "dirty deed"........silly stupid because helena would be too smart to have been this easily fooled, and it would have been MORE POWERFUL to have jax sleep with her and chloe finding out and the drama after all that!...

i could totally picture the next morning, jax laying on his side in the bed and the phone rings and it's chloe and she's asking helena if she knows where jax is and and helena replying "well, he's right here in bed, but he's sleeping would you like for me to tell him you called?" and then helena hanging up the phone and leaning back against the headboard putting her arms over her head and with a HUGE smirking grin of ultimate power trip satisfaction capturing and conquering the much younger super stud jax jasper and looking over him and quiver with residual pleasure at what they did all night and of course knowing and feeling what is SWIMMING in her old "womanhood" and from whom! AND YES, HOW SHE GOT HIM OFF! meanwhile the camera then pans to jax's sleeping face and he opens his eyes in disgust, anger, sadness and confusion! END OF SCENE!.

by Anonymousreply 71October 11, 2019 2:29 PM

Ingo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72October 11, 2019 2:35 PM

KeMo never followed up on her "more to come" tweet regarding BM's departure. Guess she decided she likes her paycheck too much.

by Anonymousreply 73October 11, 2019 4:15 PM

Billy Miller just landed a new role...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74October 11, 2019 4:22 PM

KMo sent out her tweet before she talked again with her agent and accountant who reminded her that Hollywood is already very difficult for women her age who actually can act. Suddenly a storyline where she goes to jail for a few months didn't seem so bad.

by Anonymousreply 75October 11, 2019 7:11 PM

Nina and Ava drinking and commiserating together, might could be interesting next week.

CW was better today, way better than at the wedding. I hate to keep harping on her overly filled/botoxed face but I do think it's part of the problem. I'm not personally familiar with these procedures but can't she have the fillers dissolved? Didn't Courtney Cox de-puff her face?

This is what she looked when it was announced she got the role of Nina, why did she have to go and mess with her face before she started work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 11, 2019 7:58 PM

The photo at R76 has been massively retouched.

by Anonymousreply 77October 11, 2019 9:04 PM

MICHELLE STAFFORD IS A SCIENTOLOGIST! NUFF SAID..

by Anonymousreply 78October 11, 2019 9:41 PM

[quote] NUFF SAID

She's also a muff head. Loves the vag.

by Anonymousreply 79October 11, 2019 10:54 PM

R76

You can't remove the fillers but they gradually wear off like Botox. When it's time for her next Juvederm she needs to ask her doctor for not so much.

by Anonymousreply 80October 11, 2019 10:56 PM

With Ghost Tony Jones set to appear in Nov, looks like the month is focused on the baby switch.

It's a crappy story but I do wonder how they will resolve it. Will Michael take full custody of the baby from his uncle Lucas and will they saddle the youngest CEO ever with a baby?

by Anonymousreply 81October 14, 2019 4:39 PM

Expect Nelle to make a custody grab after she gets released.

by Anonymousreply 82October 14, 2019 4:59 PM

Maybe they can take parts from the Kramer vs Kramer script for Nelle's courtroom custody speech

by Anonymousreply 83October 14, 2019 5:33 PM

Today's episode is still written by Shelly Altman, when will we see the end of her writing and is it wishful thinking that Chris Van Etten will do any better with a new writing partner?

Also what happened to Andre Maddox, did they drop that story line too.

by Anonymousreply 84October 14, 2019 6:14 PM

Spoke to soon, Andre appears today.

by Anonymousreply 85October 14, 2019 6:21 PM

Maybe Mike and Nelle wind up back together.

by Anonymousreply 86October 14, 2019 9:18 PM

R84

Varni tweeted that DOC/CVE story should appear around Halloween or the first few days of November.

by Anonymousreply 87October 14, 2019 9:37 PM

Thanks r87

by Anonymousreply 88October 14, 2019 10:06 PM

Felix may not be appearing in Port Charles much, but Marc Anthony Samuel and Ryan Carnes are hanging out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89October 15, 2019 12:07 AM

Ryan Carnes is lookin' real good lately.

by Anonymousreply 90October 15, 2019 1:38 AM

Glad r1 likes the dress Dr O wore to the wedding. We've certainly gotten a good look at it and the show has gotten their money's worth as she's been wearing that dress for 2 weeks now.

by Anonymousreply 91October 15, 2019 4:52 PM

There was a Blind a few months ago that a soap star was unhappy with their story line and I believe looking to get it changed. I think it was MB and the spina bifida story thus the whole "full recovery" after surgery now.

by Anonymousreply 92October 15, 2019 6:11 PM

MB likely didn't have to try very hard. Soaps are almost always about the drama of pregnancy and delivery. Children are then barely seen or mentioned until they are SORAed into troubled teens. The show was never going to tie Sonny and Carly down long-term with a child with serious medical issues.

by Anonymousreply 93October 15, 2019 6:33 PM

Braun is out

by Anonymousreply 94October 16, 2019 12:32 AM

R94 Link?

by Anonymousreply 95October 16, 2019 12:34 AM

hmmm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96October 16, 2019 12:37 AM

Can TB grab that Dev kid on her way out and drag him onto the elevator with her?

by Anonymousreply 97October 16, 2019 12:49 AM

TB's Kim is at least a character I care about unlike so many others on this show.

by Anonymousreply 98October 16, 2019 5:17 AM

^^^

You cared about Kim??? You're the only person I've ever heard say that.

by Anonymousreply 99October 16, 2019 9:55 AM

I bet TB was duped big time by FV & Co., probably promised an "exciting" new character created just for her that would make fans forget she was ever Carly. What she got instead was an insipid, undeveloped character paired with a kid who no one cared about and couldn't act and even worse a semi-comatose BM. Even WdV couldn't fix this mess for her. She's probably been diligently saving half her paycheck and has now reached her savings goal and told them "I'm outta here assholes."

by Anonymousreply 100October 16, 2019 1:27 PM

Bring TB back as a new third character!!! This one needs to be an amazing one. They did if for Michael Easton why shouldn’t TB get the same?

Or bring TB back as a blonde and the REAL Carly Corinthos!!!

Wish they had done more with Kim. We hardly got any scenes with TB and MB. Thought she could have been interesting paired with Jason when she first showed up.

by Anonymousreply 101October 16, 2019 3:05 PM

Kim is a good now that Oscar is gone. She and Liz should be good friends at least in a big picture sense. Yes r99, I still consider Lim a newish character with possibility and fyi, TB gets her fair share of praise on these threads.

by Anonymousreply 102October 16, 2019 3:47 PM

I don't find TB appealing in the least.

by Anonymousreply 103October 16, 2019 5:10 PM

TB's character was the consolation prize for BM when they ripped apart his storyline with KeMo. He never gave the new storyline a chance and was counting his days until he could walk away.

RH is now getting tired of playing the heartless zombie character he's currently playing and wants to go back to playing RH with the name of Franco.

The show's making an obvious choice to never mention Drew again and Kim and Oscar seem to also be on their way to forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 104October 16, 2019 6:35 PM

Well if Joss would finally put a sock in it about Oscar that would be a huge plus.

by Anonymousreply 105October 16, 2019 6:44 PM

BM was let go. He didn't walk away. Same thing with TB. She was let go.

I will not miss either one. Both were terrible- TB from jump and BM from whenever SBu came back. He slept walked thru ever scene except for the rare scenes he played opposite Howarth. He was alert & present for those.

TB should see if DAYS is interested. She was so good there as Ava Vitale. They'd have to wait til they needed another villain because right now they have Kristin

by Anonymousreply 106October 16, 2019 7:20 PM

Shirtless Lucas and Brad in bed.

by Anonymousreply 107October 17, 2019 7:53 AM

Speculation is that Nina and Ava hatched a plan during their unseen drinking scene to get Valentin. Nina is just playing him with the whole quickly believing he didn't have anything to do with Sasha's deception and Ava is helping her to avenge Nik. I would like it if this was true but I think it's giving the writers too much credit...but then again why have Ava show up with booze and glasses and not show us what transpired...

by Anonymousreply 108October 17, 2019 6:18 PM

Interesting speculation, but it's much more likely that it was a show scheduling fuck up that we didn't get those scenes.

by Anonymousreply 109October 17, 2019 6:59 PM

Ugh, read the WR signed another contract, I thought we were rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 110October 17, 2019 10:16 PM

R110

Well, shit!

by Anonymousreply 111October 18, 2019 2:02 AM

Chase actor is surprisingly good actor given that this is his first gig and the pace at which they tape...much more natural than Nathan/RP ever was. Yet RP is doing well on Hallmark. Wonder how long before Chase/JS jumps ship for the easier schedule and probably more money that is Hallmark movies.

by Anonymousreply 112October 18, 2019 7:05 PM

Seems like newbies get a standard 3 year contract. RP left the day after his contract ended. The Chase actor will probably do the same, as he should.

by Anonymousreply 113October 18, 2019 7:39 PM

At Pentonville:

Guard: "You're gonna love your new roommate."

Sam: "Oh, yeah, what's she in for?"

Guard: "She gouged out her last roommates' eye. But remember, every Dawn is a New Day."

Hehehe. Sam is SO FUCKED. I love the way they're doing her frame-up, it just keeps piling on. Good job, writers.

by Anonymousreply 114October 18, 2019 10:46 PM

At Pentonville:

Guard: "You're gonna love your new roommate."

Sam: "Oh, yeah, what's she in for?"

Guard: "She gouged out her last roommates' eye. But remember, every Dawn is a New Day."

Hehehe. Sam is SO FUCKED. I love the way they're doing her frame-up, it just keeps piling on. Good job, writers.

by Anonymousreply 115October 18, 2019 10:46 PM

r113 Ryan Paevey had a four year contract, 2014-2018. But yes, he did leave as soon as the contract was up. I think he gave them an extra two weeks to wrap up his character, but due to the taping schedule, that may have fallen within his contract period.

Josh Swickard is doing a great job. He's managed to make his character very likable. He's only been there 18 months. Hallmark likely only started to notice him in recent months. Look for him to get some time off from GH to do a Hallmark movie in the near future. And yes, I agree, he'll move on as soon as his contract is up.

by Anonymousreply 116October 18, 2019 11:50 PM

We overlooked an important anniversary earlier this month.

The 40 year anniversary of Luke raping Laura in the campus disco. It aired on Oct. 5, 1979.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117October 19, 2019 10:10 AM

40 years! Hard to imagine.

This year also marks the 38th anniversary of Luke and Laura's wedding.

by Anonymousreply 118October 19, 2019 10:11 AM

Luke who?

by Anonymousreply 119October 19, 2019 11:40 PM

I wonder if TG and JE will make appearances when GH bites the dust.

by Anonymousreply 120October 19, 2019 11:43 PM

I had forgotten a lot of what led up to the rape. It was never intended to be a seduction but there you go.

Whenever I hear Rise on the radio I always add “Luke, no!”

by Anonymousreply 121October 20, 2019 1:17 AM

Does anyone have any insider scoop on the hinted at Nik return? Recast or New & Improved TC on probation or is the whole thing just a red herring?

by Anonymousreply 122October 21, 2019 4:45 PM

Not loving Felicia's new Amy Klobuchar hairdo

by Anonymousreply 123October 21, 2019 6:01 PM

I bet it's either Nik or Morgan.

by Anonymousreply 124October 21, 2019 6:32 PM

Who sent Brad the flowers? Did he send them to himself to make himself seem more desirable in Lucas' eyes now that he's coming off the rails and is back to being his old shady self?

by Anonymousreply 125October 21, 2019 6:44 PM

So let me guess, Ava develops a drinking problem -- then she sees Nik lurking -- when she tries to tell people no one believes her because well she's been drinking.

Her drinking problem needs to become full blown by Halloween as that is when the lurker is rumored to be revealed.

by Anonymousreply 126October 21, 2019 7:40 PM

I've missed a few episodes here and there. Before he was killed Shiloh phoned a newspaper with dirt on Alexis. That dirt was the info from Kristina's confession from when she tried to join the Dawn of Day inner circle.

Has there been any follow up to that? Did a story ever appear in one of the newspapers? Or is this Kendra seeking revenge for her brother Kiefer's death storyline the outgrowth of Shiloh's call?

by Anonymousreply 127October 21, 2019 7:54 PM

Felicia's new do is kind of meh from the front, but it looks nice from the side and back. It's very similar to Ava's.

by Anonymousreply 128October 21, 2019 8:42 PM

Kendra got Shiloh's phone call while she was putting the ashes of Kiefer into a protein powder jar.

by Anonymousreply 129October 21, 2019 8:44 PM

Hayden and Finn's daughter is much older than I imagined. I guess toddlers are too hard to wrangle on set and they don't have time for toddler shenanigans with their fast paced taping schedule.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130October 22, 2019 3:40 PM

Mark Lawson really needs to have his Agent or Manager read GH the riot act about the awful picture of him in the opening and have it replaced.

by Anonymousreply 131October 22, 2019 6:05 PM

have you guys been paying attention to SON lately? you heard it here first that jonny was making a glorious return to that board. this time he claimed to be a woman obsessed with Reva Shayne and who had plastic surgery to look just like her. It drove the regulars nuts. Pure stroke of genius if you ask me.

but nothing is driving SON more crazy than the new nut job Donna. Lol she is a plant who jonny convinced to join that board.

by Anonymousreply 132October 22, 2019 6:11 PM

Guess they'll have to wrap up the Wiley story soon as they've been using the baby a lot as he's not yet walking and can be controlled. It will be interesting to see once he gets into toddler stage if they keep showing him on the show or they just speak about him until he get a little older.

by Anonymousreply 133October 22, 2019 6:21 PM

I notice Brad is mostly with Wiley, makes sense since Parry is a dad . Parry said in an interview he had to teach Ryan how to maneuver the baby carrier.

by Anonymousreply 134October 22, 2019 6:29 PM

Why does Ava have to sleep on the sofa, FV can't afford a bedroom set for her character?

by Anonymousreply 135October 22, 2019 6:39 PM

She has a bedroom. We've seen it several times. They probably didn't want to use the time/crew of setting up another set.

by Anonymousreply 136October 22, 2019 8:02 PM

I think Ava wanted to be near the door in case he showed up so she could take him out right away.

by Anonymousreply 137October 22, 2019 8:12 PM

On another forum someone posted they went to a GH Fantasy Fan Event and during the Q&A they learned that Donnell Turner is a germaphobe and when they were auditioning for new Jordan the actresses auditioning were instructed not to kiss him. The actress who got the job didn't get the memo and kissed him anyway but he didn't mind too much since he liked her.

by Anonymousreply 138October 22, 2019 8:57 PM

[quote]I think Ava wanted to be near the door in case he showed up so she could take him out right away.

It's a good example of hyper-vigilance, which is a typical part of PTSD behavior. It makes sense after what she experienced, but I can't help thinking it's going to backfire, like she shoots Nikolas or Morgan or whoever has been spying on her. Might be convenient, though, since they're already "dead" she can't be charged!

by Anonymousreply 139October 23, 2019 12:43 AM

Please don't let her shoot Morgan. I couldn't take another year of Sonny and Carly mourning him again!

by Anonymousreply 140October 23, 2019 1:54 AM

Matt Cohen (ex-Griffin) joining Entertainment Tonight as full time correspondent and Weekend Co-host.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141October 23, 2019 3:26 AM

R140

LOL I just choked on my coffee!

by Anonymousreply 142October 23, 2019 12:31 PM

Violet is cute.

I wonder if TB has been throwing up a little bit in her mouth through this whole Drewco story. She probably skipped out of the studio on her last day.

by Anonymousreply 143October 23, 2019 8:22 PM

Why is MEK speaking with the same accent as FrankenDrew....they both sound like Texas cowboys.

by Anonymousreply 144October 23, 2019 8:46 PM

R144

I don't really hear any accent from FrankenDrew but I do from Martin. It's odd because MEK had no accent during his first few episodes but now it's pronounced.

In his first few interviews MEK said he was told to play Martin as having a secret ( he wasn't told what secret). I'm wondering if he's now been told what it is & he's been told to make Martin a Southerner.

by Anonymousreply 145October 24, 2019 2:24 AM

I think it's much more likely that he was told to come up with something to markedly differentiate his new persona from his old one, since he is still strongly identified as Tad. Ditto for Franco/Drew. However, in both cases it's a flop and comes off as stilted and corny.

by Anonymousreply 146October 24, 2019 3:50 AM

R145 His secret is that he is Colonel Sanders, I'm sure Maxie and Lulu will out him.

by Anonymousreply 147October 24, 2019 4:07 AM

Rumor is Jason Shane Scott is new Nik and we will see him at Halloween. Don't know how accurate a rumor this is and I'm not familiar with his OLTL work (Will Rappaport 98-01) but I like the looks of him. Bring him on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148October 24, 2019 5:09 PM

Clearly Tad-Martin Grey is from Kentucky.

by Anonymousreply 149October 24, 2019 6:18 PM

If rumor of the casting of Jason Shane Scott is correct, then they're taking Nikolas in a different direction.

The Nikolas that Tyler played was dark and brooding. From what I've seen that wouldn't be JSS's strongest points. I enjoyed JSS a lot of OLTL (nice to look at and decent actor), but the Will Rappaport character didn't have a tremendous amount of depth.

by Anonymousreply 150October 24, 2019 10:48 PM

Show would be wise to cast Coby Ryan McLaughlin as Nikolas. He's available.

Show already has a long history of casting the same actor in new roles. Michael Easton is on his fifth character, Roger Howard on his third (sort of ).

by Anonymousreply 151October 24, 2019 10:48 PM

Coby would've been great but after his exit interview they won't be bringing him back. He pretty much shit on his time on the show.

by Anonymousreply 152October 24, 2019 11:11 PM

They really wasted Coby, he definitely should have been Nik. It's especially annoying since the casting director, Mark Teschner, has known Coby for years and they are friends. Mark could have told Coby to hang on, got a Nik role coming up for you and worth waiting for.

by Anonymousreply 153October 24, 2019 11:13 PM

R148

There will be a Halloween costume party but Nikolas will have a mask on. I don't know when we'll see him without the mask.

by Anonymousreply 154October 24, 2019 11:14 PM

[quote]Show already has a long history of casting the same actor in new roles. Michael Easton is on his fifth character, Roger Howard on his third (sort of ).

Just because they have done it before doesn't mean they should keep doing it. Plus, it's too soon since Shiloh departed, seeing Coby as Nik right now would distracting and weird.

by Anonymousreply 155October 24, 2019 11:22 PM

[quote] The Nikolas that Tyler played was dark and brooding. From what I've seen that wouldn't be JSS's strongest points. I enjoyed JSS a lot of OLTL (nice to look at and decent actor), but the Will Rappaport character didn't have a tremendous amount of depth.

Yes and no. The character of Will was a lot younger, but he did have his moments of scheming and some pretty heavy stories. He was wonderful in the miscarriage story and his various schemes to keep Jess and Christian apart. I would imagine that being older and more mature, he can handle an even darker and brooding character

by Anonymousreply 156October 25, 2019 12:09 AM

Nikolas was a good guy most of his run. It was only the last three years he became dark and brooding, like Helena's spirit took over his body shortly before she died. or "died", we can never be too sure with any of the Cassadines.

by Anonymousreply 157October 25, 2019 9:11 AM

NLG has announced she's in the midst of writing a tell all about her life, loves & behind the scenes of the soap world.

This will be a pot boiler.

by Anonymousreply 158October 25, 2019 11:19 AM

I'm sure NLG will be gushing with praise for MB and SB in her book as is Standard Operating Procedure for anyone who knows what's good for them at GH.

by Anonymousreply 159October 25, 2019 12:39 PM

MEK's stint must be short, I can't imagine he can sustain this Colonel Sanders accent for any length of time.

by Anonymousreply 160October 25, 2019 6:44 PM

Did Valentin just call Spencer an "adult", is that a hint they are SORASing the character? I would like that and it would make more sense. Or I may have misheard.

by Anonymousreply 161October 25, 2019 6:54 PM

Mark Lawson looked like a snack today.

by Anonymousreply 162October 25, 2019 10:11 PM

Spencer was called a "young adult" Unless the kid didn't want to play the part anymore, I'd be very surprised in this case if they also recast Spencer.

by Anonymousreply 163October 28, 2019 1:46 PM

Spencer's voice dropped radically during his last stint, so they probably figured it's time to stop calling him a kid or a child. The fact that he's on the short side and has always been precocious makes it a tad ambiguous, though.

by Anonymousreply 164October 29, 2019 1:15 AM

Spencer lost a lot of his cuteness when his voice dropped. A lot of his precocious qualities suddenly seemed very average hearing it coming out of the mouth of a deep voiced teen.

by Anonymousreply 165October 29, 2019 10:08 PM

I think it's time for a recast, older teen Spencer. The whole "townie" schtick from the bespectacled munchkin is worn out. I know the actor has grown a bit but we need a taller, beefier teen to go toe to toe with NuNik and fit in with the Cam/Trina/Joss/Dev crowd. I only mention Dev because tptb seem intent on keeping him not because I like the character or actor because I don't

by Anonymousreply 166October 29, 2019 10:40 PM

People in Twitter were saying the reason the Dec character is here is because he's Eden McCoy's BFF. That kid can't act his way out of a paper bag.

by Anonymousreply 167October 29, 2019 11:15 PM

Mo likes the Dev character.

by Anonymousreply 168October 29, 2019 11:30 PM

Is this still the main GH thread? Or has it been put behind a paywall?

If, so where are people discussing GH on DL?.

by Anonymousreply 169October 31, 2019 12:53 AM

This is the main and most active GH thread at this time.

Not paywalled yet.

If that does happen, I plan to start another under title "James Patrick Stuart".

by Anonymousreply 170October 31, 2019 1:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!