Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

British Royal Family Gossip Part 96

A place to discuss the Cambridges' upcoming tour to Pakistan, the Sussexes' lawsuits and other stuff related to the British Royal Family.

by Anonymousreply 490October 17, 2019 7:18 AM

Here's the former thread for reference:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 3, 2019 10:00 AM

Thanks for putting this up.

I think the big story whether we like it or not, is Harry only informing the Queen five minutes before dropping this bomb, ignoring the rest of the senior royals, and defying his own senior aides' warnings to wait until the tour was over.

I also find it interesting that he dropped this shortly before the Cambridges are due to set out on a four-day trip to Pakistan.

You know, the press should get together and quietly make a gentleman's agreement not to cover the Sussexes any longer. At the next engagements the Sussexes undertake, not one representative of one paper appears: no DM, no SUN, no Mirror, mp Express. Of course, the Telegraph, the TIMES, and HELLO Magazine are hopeless, they'll send people, but the tabs should just stay awa and simply refuse to publish any photographs of them "working" in Britain at all.

That would cut the Sussexes' national exposure in half. Because the DM is the most widely read paper in Britain, and the Telegraph and the TIMES have paywalls, and everyone knows HELLO is Sugar Central.

by Anonymousreply 2October 3, 2019 12:35 PM

Perhaps that is what they want. I imagine his is weary of the bipolar coverage of the DailyFail. I think most of Datalounge including myself do not u derstand the Harkles endgame. What I am sure of it is not what most think it is.

by Anonymousreply 3October 3, 2019 12:45 PM

Bump.

Can anybody please post this thread's link in the former BRF thread?

by Anonymousreply 4October 3, 2019 3:50 PM

Harry being rude to a reporter following his visit to a health clinic in Malawi:

"Rhiannon, don't behave like this."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 3, 2019 4:34 PM

So he calls the reporter by her first name, but she calls him "Sir."

I wonder what would have happened if she'd said, "Sir, I am Ms Mills to you."

by Anonymousreply 6October 3, 2019 7:21 PM

^ I think he would've thrown a tantrum ("How dare you - to YOU, I am THE DUKE OF SUSSEX").

by Anonymousreply 7October 3, 2019 7:42 PM

^ Let's not forget about his much beloved HRH title

HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS PRINCE HARRY (Henry), THE DUKE OF SUSSEX

Or is it just HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS, THE DUKE OF SUSSEX? I'm not familiar with this royal titles nonsense, so help with the correct title would be much appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 8October 3, 2019 7:48 PM

Harry is such a total, utter disaster.

by Anonymousreply 9October 3, 2019 7:50 PM

R5 What rude, condescending little cunt he is. I wish she had had the courage to clap back at him.

by Anonymousreply 10October 3, 2019 8:03 PM

R10-I know. I really hope journalists tale the gloves off. I'd love to see them start investigating the foundation and Meghan's reputed merching.

by Anonymousreply 11October 3, 2019 8:44 PM

Oh, God... they are doing what may amount to a very dignified reality show:

[bold]Duke and Duchess of Sussex to star in Africa tour documentary which will 'explain a lot'[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 3, 2019 8:50 PM

Prince reads on National Poetry Day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 3, 2019 8:53 PM

William was at Oxford University today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 3, 2019 9:00 PM

You know whenever I see William and Catherine about, R14, they just seem like such a calming influence, especially with all the Hazbean Fuckery dominating the news. They're dull, but do have a certain anodyne charm and with them you feel the future of the monarchy is in steady hands. Hopefully, William's time on the throne comes sooner than later.

by Anonymousreply 15October 3, 2019 9:14 PM

R15 - As so many have pointed out recently, the drama surrounding the Sussexes has only served to make the Cambridges look like the Real Royals.

Anodyne, reassuring, gracious, stable, traditional, warm yet neutral, and acutely aware of the necessity of maintaining the institute without which they'd all be nobodies, is the name of this game.

The Cambridges get it; the Sussexes have stuck two fingers up to it. Eventually, the Cambridges will be rewarded, whilst the Sussexes are forced out of the game altogether.

by Anonymousreply 16October 3, 2019 9:41 PM

Agree, R16,. The circus surrounding Harry and Meghan have made me appreciate William and Catherine. I've reevaluated the Duchess of Cambridge and think everyone underestimated her. That woman is a hell of a lot shrewder and smarter than anyone ever gave her credit for. Talk about playing the long game for the ultimate win. Meghan and Harry are so spoiled and entitled they want all the fawning adoration right now. And that's their endgame-themselves. They don't give a fig about anything they prattle about "shining a light on."

by Anonymousreply 17October 3, 2019 9:48 PM

When Dim was tagging along with Wills and Kate as a 5th wheel it seemed like he finally wanted his own family nucleus. He should have kept looking.

by Anonymousreply 18October 3, 2019 9:49 PM

Smug repeatedly tells Mug how "proud his mother would be of him", apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 3, 2019 9:55 PM

Yes, I'm sure his mother would be proud of the likely irrecoverable rift that he has made between himself and the rest of the family by marrying a hustling skank.

by Anonymousreply 20October 4, 2019 3:20 AM

Another blind

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 4, 2019 3:49 AM

R21-It's perhaps silly to feel sorry for such a bunch of entitled (literally), privileged people, but I do. The Queen worked her entire life for her kingdom and devoted herself to duty only to spend her final years witnessing this.I hope they stick it to Markle hard when this all comes crashing down.

by Anonymousreply 22October 4, 2019 11:20 AM

What is the point of that blind item? Anybody could have written that.

by Anonymousreply 23October 4, 2019 11:53 AM

R8, you were right the second time.

HRH The Duke of Sussex, Prince of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Earl of Dumbarton, Baron Kilkeel, Knight Commander of The Royal Victorian Order, aide-de-camp to Her Majesty The Queen.

by Anonymousreply 24October 4, 2019 12:09 PM

Meghan is a basic LA fakey fake ding dong. Women like her are a dime a dozen in SoCal. There is no master plan, other than wanting to be adored by the public. And throwing a hissy because she is not getting her way. She got extremely lucky with Harry. He will follow her around like a dog for years. I dont see this ending anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 25October 4, 2019 12:19 PM

R25-it looks for all the world like a co-dependent relationship. We're going to have to suffer through them for years to come, I'm afraid.

by Anonymousreply 26October 4, 2019 12:40 PM

R26 - It's a co-dependent relationship between Harry and Meghan, but not between the BRF and Meghan, or between the BRF and Harry.

The Sussexes need the BRF far more than the BRF needs the Sussexes. The BRF survived the loss of a once hugely popular Prince of Wales, and later the loss of a hugely popular Princess of Wales, both through marital scandal.

The loss of a once popular sixth in line and his increasingly unpopular wife is more than feasible. It might be painful personally for the Queen and Charles and William (grandmother, father, brother), but it's hardly impossible.

The Sussexes can only win, as pointed out elsewhere, a pyhrric victory here. The tabloids will see this as an open declaration of war betwixt themselves and a "senior" member of the royal family and that war won't end with the court ruling no matter what it is. No matter what Harry's rant said, the public, who have forgotten all about the letter, will see Harry as a victim of Meghan's cunning manipulation. They aren't wrong, but it's only half the truth.

I think Harry has always wanted out but didn't have the guts to go it alone. Incident by incident, Harry is allowing Meghan to push him, metre by metre, toward that last crossroad where, both of them assume, they will leave with their freedom, their titles, lots of money, waving the Injured Party flag as they depart with their loot and their self-righteousness.

The BRFdo have choices here, none of them particularly appetising. But they do have a few cards to play: they have the Cambridges, young attractive senior royals who seem, especially lately, and especially Kate, to have grown into their roles very nicely indeed, and who have an attractive brood growing up around them. They don't really need Harry and Meghan any longer - the Cambridges are not only the future of the monarchy, but are incresasingly its present face. All Meghan has done is persuade the BRF that the Sussexes aren't suited to being part of that present face.

So it's debatable, I think, how long "we" will have to put up with them. I cannot imagine that discussions haven't been ongoing for the last year, first begund with "What if. . .?", but now opening with, "How can we do this. . . .?" The Africa Plan won't work: Meghan almost on cue has shown she can make trouble for the BRF anywhere on the planet.

Harry didn't even consult his father on this, which I'm sure has hurt Charles somewhat, and pushed him farther toward William and the Queen.

The Sussexes want to go it alone, they are making that clear. Only they want to do on their own terms, titles intact, large sums of unearned funds supporting their royal lifestyle. It didn't work for the Duke of Windsor, it didn't work for Princess Margaret, it didn't work for Harry's mother. They all came to grief and had their lives deeply marred in the attempt.

That's why Kate is doing so well: she IS living royal life on her own terms, because that life inncluding its restrictions ARE her own terms. This is who Jate really is - she was never meant to be nor did she ever wish to be, anything else. Small wonder the Queen appreciates her and believes William made by far the better choice.

by Anonymousreply 27October 4, 2019 1:19 PM

If the Harkles do eventually leave the BRF, I think Harry will be utterly stunned at how fast his star plummets. Sure, there will always be some diehard fans who scream after those two, but he'll be completely confused as to why he's no longer universally beloved and why he no longer commands the global attention he once did. He'll either believe Meg when she tells him his family did it to him or, if he has any brain cells at all, he'll realize he backed the wrong horse and blame Meg. In either event, the tea will be hot.

by Anonymousreply 28October 4, 2019 1:29 PM

What continues to amuse and annoy me is that Meghan could have had everything she wants and is currently throwing away. She could have positioned herself--and Harry--as the hip alternative to the Cambridges. She could dress more trendily and flashily than Kate. She could be friends with A-listers. She could support the causes she purports to support. She could have reasonably privacy for herself, her husband, and her children. She could even have had a great flat in London and a gorgeous country house. She could have had ALL of these things if she'd only listened to advice and toned it down a bit.

But the harder she tries, the deeper she digs a hole for herself and her family. Because what she really wants to do is to WIN by being the NUMBER ONE royal, and in a hereditary monarchy based on primogeniture it just doesn't work that way. Not when you marry the sixth in line.

TLDR: She and Harry are probably in the top 1000 most privileged people on the planet, and they are both whining because they're not in the top 10. Spoiled, annoying assholes.

by Anonymousreply 29October 4, 2019 2:28 PM

They would love a life of exile in LA. Ass-kissing galore.

by Anonymousreply 30October 4, 2019 3:43 PM

But of course, if they go into exile, they lose their cachet as members of the BRF. It's a catch 22 for them. Stay, and they can't do what their hearts desire. Leave, and they're no longer as important.

by Anonymousreply 31October 4, 2019 3:45 PM

Maybe, Harry's been smart. If Queen E has the longevity of her Ma, then she's gonna be on that throne for another 5 years. And if Charles has similar stamina, then Will ain't touching that throne for another 25 years. By then Australia, Canada, New Z would likely have fucked off association with the monarchy. Commonwealth would displace the British Sovereign as it's titular head. And I'm betting Scotland and North Ireland would be out of the UK. It would be a much diminished throne in an age of less deference. I also doubt there'll be a throne for George to inherit by the time he's off age. And it'll be sooner if Labour win any elections.

by Anonymousreply 32October 4, 2019 4:13 PM

R32-entirely possible. I think we're likely to see that with a monarchy that's completely marginalized. The BRF will be more akin to the Belgian Royal Family. Globally the majority of people know Queen Elizabeth by name. The King of Belgium, on the other hand, is.... just .the King of Belgium.

by Anonymousreply 33October 4, 2019 4:16 PM

Harry has money of his own, not as much as his father and later his brother, but he's not broke.

Those who believe Sparkle's tales accept that she came into the marriage with $5 million of her own.

So, for us poorer folk, it's hard to generate sympathy.

If it was me, I'd do the following:

1. Cut any outside funding from Charles. Let them pay their own way.

2. Without prior notice to Sparkle and Dim, make an announcement from Buckingham Palace that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have decided that their privacy is the most important thing and that their names have therefore been removed from the list of "working royals".. (This would eliminate the hue and cry about tax money paying for them.) This removes any of their income from that role.

3. Their security must be maintained, but I would expect prior knowledge from that security and transportation force of where they are and what they are doing. (If I'm paying for their transportation, then I get to know where they are going on my money.)

Sorry, I have no sympathy for this pair.

If they want to do their own thing, they have money to do so.

Not enough to live as lavishly as they would on my money, but that's their choice.

This whole thing will not end well whenever it ends. Better to be proactive now and cut the cord.

by Anonymousreply 34October 4, 2019 4:21 PM

I don't have an opinion one way or another about the odds of Harry leaving the BRF but if he does, I really hope he takes a look at Diana's life once she exited. He was too young to grasp what was happening at the time. She gave up her royal protection officers and was hounded by the press. She had a series of friends* who gossiped.. She was at loose ends that last summer. Nobody invited her to their house parties until that toad offered his yacht. The boys were up in Scotland afterwards, hanging out with their cousins, having a great old time without her. It was an isolating and sad time for Diana.

*Does anyone remember, in one of the documentaries after her death, the host talked to a woman named Lana Marks. The chryon underneath described her as a handbag designer, which she still is, very expensive handbags. She was quoted as saying, "When I was asked [post divorce] to be a friend of Princess Diana..." ! Literally "was asked to be her friend", what a bizarre statement that was.

by Anonymousreply 35October 4, 2019 4:26 PM

Speaking of The King of Belgium, remember the rumors a few years ago that before he succeeded the throne he desperately wanted to transition and leave the throne of his douchey brother? I wonder whatever happened to that, and if we’ll ever see him come out as a REAL queen.

by Anonymousreply 36October 4, 2019 4:28 PM

@33 - Hi, I pressed sthg to respond to you, but I fucked it up, so pls ignore if you get any alerts. Unintended. Agreed. The BRF are the most famous worldwide as they had the largest Empire, English being the dominant world language and of course the celebrity factor, esp with the US market. But in this age, that redefines them as well behaved Kardashians, rather than figures of reverence, or respect (except amongst courtiers and Brit upperclass). And the worldwide fame (esp in Diana & Fergie age) hit them hard, cause the celeb factor diminished their capital and made them world tabloids' chewtoy including countries' where Queen E was/is Head. In Blighty, seems England and Wales are the ones really invested in the royals. Scotland and NI are looking for an exit fast and this WILL happen before Will touches that throne. So Harry, et al exiting might be a smarter gameplan.

by Anonymousreply 37October 4, 2019 4:29 PM

To gain sympathy once againn, who is going to be ill, Markle or Archie. Get your crying towels ready. P R queen dud meghan is working overtime, she enjoys getting to the brink and pulling the public back in. Please press don't print anything else about the Sussex for a year. Meghan will be in the nut house.

by Anonymousreply 38October 4, 2019 4:36 PM

A Blind Gossip comment which sums it up nicely

[quote] Meghan Markle and Prince Harry. She sent her dad a letter in Aug. of 2018 that from the wording seemed like she hoped he would leak it to the media as it made her the victim.

He didn’t.

Then she had her five friends all bring it up in the PEOPLE article in Feb. of 2019. Thomas then gave it to the Mail on Sunday to refute it. Now in a fall tour of Africa she drops a lawsuit on the mail for optimal attention along with Harry’s hysterical over the top letter. She just wants attention of any…

by Anonymousreply 39October 4, 2019 5:14 PM

Ooops ...

[quote] Meghan Markle and Prince Harry. She sent her dad a letter in Aug. of 2018 that from the wording seemed like she hoped he would leak it to the media as it made her the victim. He didn’t. Then she had her five friends all bring it up in the PEOPLE article in Feb. of 2019. Thomas then gave it to the Mail on Sunday to refute it. Now in a fall tour of Africa she drops a lawsuit on the mail for optimal attention along with Harry’s hysterical over the top letter. She just wants attention of any…

by Anonymousreply 40October 4, 2019 5:14 PM

I feel sorry for Pa Markle. He seems like a well-meaning doting dad who's just not terribly bright. That Meghan uses him the way she does is repugnant.

by Anonymousreply 41October 4, 2019 5:16 PM

Hi Papa Markle! How's Mexico? Recovering from that 'heart' condition yet?

by Anonymousreply 42October 4, 2019 5:17 PM

@41 - You cannot be serious?? Or you are. LMAO!!!

by Anonymousreply 43October 4, 2019 5:18 PM

Breaking: Now they're going after the Sun and the Mirror, claiming they've illegally hacked Meghan's voicemail. Oh dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 4, 2019 5:19 PM

R43-the guy is a complete nincompoop, come on. Markle has used that guy to wring every last bit of life blood out of him. Li'l Bean is such a daddy's girl.

by Anonymousreply 45October 4, 2019 5:24 PM

Paranoia seems to be setting in the House of Sussex.

by Anonymousreply 46October 4, 2019 5:24 PM

@42 - MTE. LOL!!

by Anonymousreply 47October 4, 2019 5:25 PM

I hope the Mail goes down (as it should for violating the law) and now the Sun.

Good for Meg and Harry to position themselves for when the selfish little pissant and the ass flashing gardener ascend to the nothing that will become the Crown and the BRF.

You reveal yourself, R45, and thank you.

by Anonymousreply 48October 4, 2019 5:27 PM

Learn how to reply properly, R43 and R47 -. or are you just slumming from Celebitchy?

by Anonymousreply 49October 4, 2019 5:27 PM

I bet the Cambridge family is relieved not to have the Sussex duo living in the adjacent apartment. With a connecting door.

Talk about dodging the bullet.

by Anonymousreply 50October 4, 2019 5:28 PM

Reveal myself for what, R48-someone who finds a child treating a parent the way Markle treats her father abhorrent? How do you square that she sang his high praises publicly for years - years - but then ghosted him when she met Harry? Did good ol' Pa make mistakes? Of course. But nothing that warranted ghosting. She never planned on having him walk her down the aisle. The optics of being on the arms of an obese, slovenly yahoo didn't comport with the image she wanted. You're the one revealing yourself as a sad human being.

by Anonymousreply 51October 4, 2019 5:30 PM

R50-they must routinely breathe enormous sighs of relief.

by Anonymousreply 52October 4, 2019 5:32 PM

Surely you know what you did, R51? but you would never admit it and so I'll just let your words stand for themselves.

Markle business is their own. Sad that the Brits never got over their old lady proclivities.

Yes, their sighs of relief coming out of their pompous, complicit asses.

by Anonymousreply 53October 4, 2019 5:34 PM

Oh, and you got that backwards, R51, as per usual for the stupid stupid Brits.

by Anonymousreply 54October 4, 2019 5:35 PM

@49 - What's Celebitchy? Each time I click to reply on a link I get a loading problem on my laptop. Dunno why. Tis why I have to @ for now.

by Anonymousreply 55October 4, 2019 5:37 PM

Pa is easily manipulated. Look at what Sam was capable of doing to him, and she can’t even take a shit without assistance. Sparkle easily finds her mark, first Pa now Haz.

by Anonymousreply 56October 4, 2019 5:37 PM

You're delusional, R53. Disliking someone because the way they treat their elderly father conflates to exactly what in your addled little brain? Do tell. Markle is a user and has tossed people aside her entire life. Your aggressive defense of her is a little disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 57October 4, 2019 5:38 PM

R57, again, you have it backwards. Backwards is as backwards does.

by Anonymousreply 58October 4, 2019 5:39 PM

R55-migrate over to Celebitchy. You'll be happier there. People call Markle out on her shit here. And there is mountains of it.

by Anonymousreply 59October 4, 2019 5:40 PM

No, I don't think so, R59, and particularly because you think you have some kind of authority here. You don't.

A mountain of shit? I'm sure you know what that looks like from an very intimate perspective.

by Anonymousreply 60October 4, 2019 5:43 PM

Look at you, R59, so concerned with my happiness. What a cute little dumbass you are. No thanks, I'm having loads of fun here.

by Anonymousreply 61October 4, 2019 5:44 PM

@59 - Your obsession with this Celebitchy and your pain at opinions that differ from your own notwithstanding, I'll fucking post where I want, when I want. Deal or log off.

by Anonymousreply 62October 4, 2019 5:45 PM

Two of us on his ass, R62 - he's never been happier.

Put an R in front of the number, btw, to address posters and allow the rest of us to follow your replies.

by Anonymousreply 63October 4, 2019 5:47 PM

girls girls. You’re BOTH shitty.

by Anonymousreply 64October 4, 2019 5:47 PM

So if phones were hacked, how do they know? Have transcripts been released? Are we in for another tampon gate?

by Anonymousreply 65October 4, 2019 5:48 PM

No, bitch, We push back, not out. The shit's been flowing downstream from the high places on that shithole island for far too long now.

by Anonymousreply 66October 4, 2019 5:49 PM

I'm a little tired of people upset at her dad because he papped. Before that he had been absolutely quiet. He did nothing that his daughter hadn't done before, not to mention other royals. Getting paid to papp with products is an ongoing thing. Even Diana used the paps. It's no different than being paid to merch. I get that he got caught, but she is still a hypocrite and that incident and her ghosting him led him to talk to the press. I thinks it obvious he has a bit of mental illness and her ghosting him has contributed to it. She can't really expect him to be quiet after she ghosted him.

by Anonymousreply 67October 4, 2019 6:00 PM

He's clearly out of his league, R67. She's used and manipulated him to her own ends. Given that she has no real daughterly love for him, I think she's been surprised that people found the way she treated her father horrible. She probably expected nothing but sympathy, but while she managed to con Harry as her not really having a family (without the exception of the mother who bootlegged mysteriously for years), the public isn't buying it. Curious how she was on the phone with the designers at Oscar de la Renta begging them to suit out Ma for the wedding but she never contacted anyone regarding her father's suit. That's of course because she never intended for him to set foot in that church in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 68October 4, 2019 6:07 PM

R63 - Thanx.

by Anonymousreply 69October 4, 2019 6:08 PM

Doria has papwalks every 2 weeks and no one says anything, but Daddy is a Monster.

by Anonymousreply 70October 4, 2019 6:15 PM

I agree R68. I don't think he was invited until right before the wedding when the optics of him not walking her down the aisle looked bad.

by Anonymousreply 71October 4, 2019 6:30 PM

What you think doesn't matter, R71. None of you really know the truth, but THINK an awful lot about a tragic family dysfunction.

What a bunch of ghouls, but it is Britain. They're known for this behavior.

by Anonymousreply 72October 4, 2019 6:35 PM

It's gossiping R72.

Calm down, if they didn't want it in newspapers maybe they should have take care of her dad long ago. Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 73October 4, 2019 6:41 PM

If Meghan Markle is spoiled rotten then it’s reasonable to look at who raised her and how. A lot of her behaviors seem to be that of a very entitled, self-centered daddy’s girl.

Thomas Markle is no innocent in all this.

by Anonymousreply 74October 4, 2019 6:42 PM

And then she marries into worse. Poor kid. Good thing she's savvy enough to position themselves into another realm as that pedo-protecting BRF descends into a hell of their own creation.

by Anonymousreply 75October 4, 2019 6:44 PM

The issue with Daddy Dearest is that even after Sister Sam went on the attack, Daddy still colluded with her. I think Meghan is a fucking idiot, but Sam is psychotic. I miss her insanity, tbh. If one of your children attacks the other repeatedly, don't be surprised when you get cut off for siding with them.

by Anonymousreply 76October 4, 2019 7:21 PM

An inability to play the long game is a Markle family trait

by Anonymousreply 77October 4, 2019 7:38 PM

R9 - I think is may even be more of the problem than Meghan. Something really seems off with him.

by Anonymousreply 78October 4, 2019 7:42 PM

The Daily Mirror is generally a pro-monarchy tabloid (though, paradoxically, it's also left-leaning). Suing the owner is an unwise move on Harry's part. He shouldn't alienate the sections of the press that are currently on his side.

by Anonymousreply 79October 4, 2019 7:47 PM

Has suing the press ever worked for ANYONE? All you do is put a bigger target on your back. Any good you do will be minimized in stories, any missteps will get a spotlight,

by Anonymousreply 80October 4, 2019 7:52 PM

As it has been stated many times and many ways: Harry is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

by Anonymousreply 81October 4, 2019 7:53 PM

Harry is a fool. The only thing that will keep him from meeting a fool's end is the massive, unearned privilege that has always cushioned his life. Meghan will take him for everything she can and move on to a tech billionaire or her own chat show; William will be left to look after baby brother as he always has.

by Anonymousreply 82October 4, 2019 8:22 PM

R32 - Reports of the death of the British monarchy are, as usual, greatly exaggerated.

The institution still enjoys majority support, particularly amongst the working-class that Labour used to claim as its core base. Labour talk a big game, but they know perfectly well that abolishing the monarchy would be a massive headache, cause further divide its support amongst people it wants to re-attract, and as for the Commonwealth - countries that left often rejoined.

And I wouldn't bet on Scotland and NI leaving quite yet. I refuse to put any definite wagers on that until I see what happens with BREXIT. People forget that a great many people north of the Tweed feel British as well as Scottish, and have close family ties across that border.

The Belgian monarchy retains its wealth, titles, and privileges. And it reigns over an even more regionally and linguistically divided country than QEII does.

The Windsors' demise has been predicted many times.

As for timing: you also forget that once Charles becomes King, William becomes Prince of Wales, stepping up another notch in rank and quite a few notches in wealth. He isn't going to spend the next 25 years as the Duke of Cambridge.

The Queen may indeed live to be 100 - but not necessarily in good enough shape to keep doing what she's doing. Somehow, the prospect of a 100-year-old queen and a nearly 80-year-old Prince of Wales, while before the public eye is a much younger, heartier, proven Golden Couple with teenaged children, might give even HM and the PoW pause in terms of what's best for the institution.

I can see the Queen finally realising the game is over and handing the reins to Charles once the BREXIT fracas is settled, citing declining strength and memory that prevent her from doing her job to the standard she has always set for herself.

In comes William, Prince of Wales, and Catherine, Princess of Wales, and their growing children, taking more and more of the spotlight to the public's approval, while everyone is tired of Meghan's attempts to paint herself and Harry as the Saviours of the World, if they haven't left yet.

I'm not so sure Harry's been smart.

by Anonymousreply 83October 4, 2019 8:30 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84October 4, 2019 8:31 PM

R84 - This is my favourite comment at the bottom of that article you linked to:

"Meg is the venturloquist [sic], and Harry is the dummie."

by Anonymousreply 85October 4, 2019 8:35 PM

The Windsors--who are really the Hanovers as it's an unbroken direct line--have been holding on to power for 300 years despite scandals and backstabbing and a certain genetic stupidity. One contrary, common little American actress isn't going to take them down. If Meghan can't be brought into line, and it's increasingly clear she can't be, she'll be pushed out. If Harry won't give her up, they'll push him out too. The advent of George, Charlotte, and Louis make him a dynastic dead end, and his ever-slipping popularity means the public won't miss him.

by Anonymousreply 86October 4, 2019 8:40 PM

R83-my point about the Belgian monarchy is that it only has meaning for the Belgians. Very few people outside the country know the King is Philippe and his queen is Mathilde. Whereas the vast majority of people on the globe know the Queen of England is Elizabeth. It may be that the monarchy doesn't end in the UK, it just deteriorates in global importance. That's something perhaps William would prefer. I can see where being a king along the lines of Phillippe would be more attractive-just in terms of less tabloid attention.

by Anonymousreply 87October 4, 2019 8:41 PM

I don't think William would mind that at all. He'd have all the money and privilege with far fewer responsibilities and less intrusion into his private life. He's cynical about the job and abhors the press, so letting the glory of the British monarchy dim down to something approaching the Nordic monarchies might be the best possible outcome for him.

by Anonymousreply 88October 4, 2019 8:44 PM

Harry's attack on the press is like a billboard inviting every newspaper in the country to investigate his foundation and his wife's alleged merchandizing through Meghan's Mirror. The gloves are well and truly off. If he thought they'd back off, he badly miscalculated. He only had tabloid journalists writing about him before. Now the investigative reporters will be after him and his wife. Buckle up, bitches, it's going to be a hell of a ride.

by Anonymousreply 89October 4, 2019 8:44 PM

R83 - Lol. If you insist. The Scottish referendum result was closer than expected and it was the older generation that kept the union going. They won't be around come 10 years from now and the Yes voters, will only be too happy to go it alone. Esp if Brext plays out like it's looking too. Same with Aussie and Canada referendums, who are simply waiting for Lizzie to croak before they bail. The Queen had to hustle hard for Charles to be given the title of Commonwealth head at the Windsor Castle reception; something that was considered an automatic placement only 20 years ago. Charles will likely be the last British sovereign to retain that title, before the Commonwealth extricates itself from all links to the empire. Sorry King Willy. And you'll have to be naive to think the British people will not see these changes around them and also not respond in kind about what exactly the Royal Family should be about in 2040?, and what they stand for in a very, very, different UK. The working class attachment to the monarchy is greatly exaggerated and the blue rinse brigaide that turn out for them are fobbing away. It tends to be tourists who pick up the rear end for pageantry and the special occasions. Labour successfully plays on their resentment of undeserved wealth and I think the Coronation Street gang won't hold so much influence in royalty-love 10 years from now. Plus. the financial struggles of Andrew, Anne, Kents et al along with the non-stop hustling of their respective brood with adverts and paid appearances, should be hint enough that the BRF are not as flush with cash as you think. Certainly not compared to some of their European cousins I mean Diana's £17 mill settlement alone almost wiped out Charles, and until Cameron stepped in the Queen had to go cap in hand begging for pocket change from Parliament. Once Queenie and Phillip pass on, all bets are off. Wales has not been positively predisposed to Bill and Kath, - esp with their lack of interest in the Welsh language & culture, - but I love how you assume they'll float in 10 years from now and their subjects will kowtow. Keep the dream alive.

by Anonymousreply 90October 4, 2019 8:51 PM

Harry's behavior is just as expected. A spoiled fucking brat. Who sulks and acts out when he doesn't get his way or things don't turn out well for him. plus he's retarded. He obviously doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks.

What a fucking douche.

by Anonymousreply 91October 4, 2019 8:57 PM

I know he's an entitled prick, too, but I can't help but feel sorry for William in all of this. To be completely blindsided like this by your own brother must suck. No head's up at all. Douche sums it up.

by Anonymousreply 92October 4, 2019 9:00 PM

Interesting that separately, various psychics have been predicting something deleterious with the Harkles (called a Tower Moment) in Oct/Nov of this year.

Many also say that what occurs will ripple out to other members of the BRF also.....

by Anonymousreply 93October 4, 2019 9:01 PM

I don't believe that mumbo jumbo, R93, but if it does ripple out, I hope it benefits them.

by Anonymousreply 94October 4, 2019 9:04 PM

Damn, I wonder if he goes rouge...will he meet with an accident too?

I have friends from UK who think Diana was gonna destroy the monarchy and that's why she died.

and they think Harry's new bride will also destroy the monarchy...

by Anonymousreply 95October 4, 2019 9:07 PM

And Elizabeth will never abdicate. She has let it be known many times that it's not an option. Not just because of what abdication signifies in the Windsor's painful history, but also she gave a public proclamation in Kenya never to do so. She'll hand over duties sure, but it'll be her ass on that throne till she she kicks the bucket. And no way will Charles hand over his own life's dedication, hard work and destiny, to green Willy - who only a while back was constantly lambasted for his laziness and called out absence at his helicopter & rescue job- all cause he has 'teenage children'. This isn't like Spain, where the Juan Carlo's health and never-ending scandals, were a threat to the Spanish throne amidst an economic disaster so he had no choice. Britain hasn't reached that yet. Though that's a reminder that so called stability of a monarchy, is not a certainty in today's world.

by Anonymousreply 96October 4, 2019 9:07 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97October 4, 2019 9:24 PM

R90 - The BREXIT referendum was much closer than people expected, too.

And I'm not "exaggertating" anything: I'm going by the poll numbers.

And frankly, the "subjects" don't "kow tow" now. Er, the forelock tugging went out quite some time ago. The Tower is closed for business except for tourists.

I'm not entirely in disagreement with some of your points (just your tone), but I don't share your certainty. I suspect I'm quite a bit older than you are, and I've seen enough to know that history turns on a penny. It's true that Philippe and Mathilde aren't the houseworld words that the Windsors are. But then, neither are Frederik and Mary of Denmark, and they seem quite happy with the way things are going for them.

Abolishing monarchies isn't a small undertaking. There would be quite a few extremely sensitive political threads in play, and most critically, Parliament would have to be assured before any such undertaking that the public was overwhelmingly in support of such a move - and that's what I don't think is in the cards any time soon. The public isn't remotely close to being overwhelmingly in support of such a move.

Charles' portfolio has recovered nicely - on paper, his personal worth is about $400 million now. Andrew's trust fund is worth about $75 million. Anne seems to know how to take care of herself. BP is vested in the State, no one expected the Queen to cover the costs of repairs, although she and Charles were foolish not to pay for the renovations to Frogmore Cottage.

As I said, I'm not entirely in disagreement with some of your points: they have I'm sure occurred to the family itself in the dark of night.

Lastly, as far as "keeping the dream alive" - I shall be long gone before the matter is settled one way or another, so it's immaterial to me. At this point, I'm more taken up with keeping myself alive.

I will absolutely agree that far fewer heads would lie uneasy on their pillows in Britain if the Windsors disappeared next week. My point is, I don't think Harry and Meghan get that, at all. The Queen may, and Charles may, and William may, but Harry and Meghan appear oblivious to the nearness of the cliff edge.

Which is why the lot of them are probably so angry at Harry and Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 98October 4, 2019 9:29 PM

I'm aware of Elizabeth's address on her birthday in Kenya when she was 21. But that promise rests on her ability to do the job. If she ceases to be able to the job, she would be just as remiss not to step down did. And she d idn't say she would never abdicate: she said her whole life whether it be long or short would be devoted to the nation's service. I know she views it as a sacred trust - but if she can't do it any longer, she's violating that trust.

I agree, her mental and physical stamina are remarkable in a woman her age. So was her mother's at the same age. But her mother was a Queen Consort, not Queen Regnant.

The bottom line for all of this has to be - or I suppose it would - what serves the long-term interest of the institution best?

That's where I think the sticking point may be for her and Charles.

Harry and Meghan don't give a tinker's curse about the monarchy, that much is clear. They've already gotten as much out of it as they are going to.

But for the Cambridges, the picture looks veerryyyy different.

by Anonymousreply 99October 4, 2019 9:50 PM

Harry looked like a petulant little cunt during most of the Southern Africa tour and especially the last day. I bet he and his missus were a nightmare behind the scenes. I wish someone would ghostwrite a behind the scenes account of these two, particularly during their tours.

by Anonymousreply 100October 4, 2019 9:57 PM

So it's looking like Harry's "phone hacking" case refers back to the 2000's. Well before he met his wife.

Having said that, Piers Morgan was the editor of the Mirror in the 2000's, so I suspect this case is actually designed to get back at him for his recent negative commentary on Ginge and Cringe.

Harry probably knows the case won't go the distance. What he is hoping is to re-associate Morgan's name with accusations of voicemail hacking. I'm pretty sure it was never established that Morgan hacked stars' voicemails. What he did do was turn a blind eye when murder victim Milly Dowler's voicemail was hacked by one of his reporters.

It'll be interesting to see what happens. The public were outraged by the hacking of a dead girl's phone back then, but now they are disgusted - daily- by Harry and Meghan's hypocritical and self-aggrandizing antics. They really loathe Harry now, so it's harder to predict whether they will support him taking up phone hacking grievance after letting it lie dormant for 10+ years.

Anyway H and M's Piers Morgan revenge fantasy aspect might explain why they are doing this even though it is really, really stupid from a PR point of view.

by Anonymousreply 101October 4, 2019 10:06 PM

10 years looks not just like it's reaching but vindictive as hell. People were sympathetic when William went after the French press for publishing photos of his wife sunbathing topless in private. They will not be sympathetic about this. Is he that stupid? Why am I even asking?

by Anonymousreply 102October 4, 2019 10:11 PM

They are children, playing while the parents are away.

by Anonymousreply 103October 4, 2019 10:21 PM

R99 - "But for the Cambridges, the picture looks veerryyyy different." And this future picture might not be a wholly optimtistic one for the Cambridges, esp after Liz's death then Charles' reign, but we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 104October 4, 2019 10:23 PM

There is new spyware that can read any text msg in any phone in any country. So it could be anybody. In fact it was used in the case of the the Journo who was hacked to death in the Saudi embassy, saw the report on 60min.

by Anonymousreply 105October 4, 2019 10:29 PM

Was Sam known to be a devoted daughter?

by Anonymousreply 106October 4, 2019 11:23 PM

[quote]The Scottish referendum result was closer than expected and it was the older generation that kept the union going.

Brexit has been an absolute gift to the SNP. While the situation with the Irish border has the potential to become genuinely dangerous. Who knows what will happen to the rest of the country in this shitshow, but I can see how the pending chaos could make the royal family seem superfluous at best.

by Anonymousreply 107October 5, 2019 9:11 AM

Watching the Duke & Dutch of SucksAss

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108October 5, 2019 9:56 AM

These two are making stupid, stupid decisions. My gut tells me they are listening to terrible advice by someone blowing smoke. It will not end up well for Meghan or Harry. He has a decent chance of regrouping when his dad is king. Markle may get money eventually, but will be hated by the public and media.

by Anonymousreply 109October 5, 2019 10:01 AM

Initially I thought the Markle hate was just par for the course in the British media. They love to build women up and then promptly shut them down. They did it with Di and Kate and the Princess of Pork (hah, though she had it coming) but alas, the more I learn about Markle the more justified it seems. She really lost me when she was at Wimbledon.. initially demanding all those empty seats around her and security trying to enforce a no photos rule.. bitch, you reaaaally believe your own hype. And last I checked, if the Brits are paying for your lifestyle and you’re at PUBLIC event, ya STFU and smile pretty for the cameras

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110October 5, 2019 10:04 AM

oh, she'll find the cameras...

by Anonymousreply 111October 5, 2019 10:08 AM

The cover of the inaugural issue of the UK Spectator's US edition's launch (The Spectator is the oldest still-running publication in the world, and the launch of a US version is a big deal) is a plea to America to take Meghan Markle back

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112October 5, 2019 10:19 AM

I love the way that artist draws them. She should look a bit more smug, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113October 5, 2019 10:27 AM

R112 Oh - that has made my rucking year.

[quote] Meghan, in attempting to be the bastard offspring of Rosa Parks and Bono....

Ha ha ha!

by Anonymousreply 114October 5, 2019 10:30 AM

r112 Great article! Love it!

by Anonymousreply 115October 5, 2019 10:52 AM

The artist really nailed William and Harry.

by Anonymousreply 116October 5, 2019 10:55 AM

It does hit the nail on the head in defining the essence of the gap, not just between Megantoinette and the real world but between the woke and the real world (and a good contingent of DL, for that matter): disagree with them and you an ist or an ic: racist, capitalist, homophobic, transphobic, etc. etc.

She won't adapt because she can't be reached.

by Anonymousreply 117October 5, 2019 11:23 AM

[quote]:These two are making stupid, stupid decisions. My gut tells me they are listening to terrible advice by someone blowing smoke.

Somebody said either in an article or upthread it is because, no disrespect, they are being advised too much by Americans, who do not and cannot understand the country or the monarchy. They are a team skilled in celebrity or politics. That's nothing like monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 118October 5, 2019 11:24 AM

R112 - It's kinda expected that any publication which employs miscreants like Rod Liddle and Brendan O'Neill would detest Meghan.

As these guys hop on board with Katie Hopkins and Piers Morgan, the anti-Meghan/Harry crew help the Sussex duo in the long run!

by Anonymousreply 119October 5, 2019 12:11 PM

You're right. r118. One of the things that comprise the Harkles' basic Achilles Heel, so to speak, is the fact that they are advised by not just Americans, but by political Americans. Unbelievably badly mistaken choice for a UK royal (unless you are Meghan, who doesn't care st all about the UK royal family and is merely looking to network among future billionaire husband material)

by Anonymousreply 120October 5, 2019 12:16 PM

r119, Rod Liddle is a fully paid-up member of the Labour Party and Brendan O'Neill is an avowed Marxist.

Try.

Again.

by Anonymousreply 121October 5, 2019 12:19 PM

R121 - The Koch Brothers' protege, Brendan O'Neill? A Marxist? LMAO))) Guess you haven't checked out his most incendiary views openly calling for a riot by his fellow Brexiteers if they don't get their way. Rod Liddle has been consistently called to carpet for latent racism and Islamophobia, more times than can be mentioned. Was he not recently sued for some shit he talked and then called to carpet for it, when he appeared on Newsnight? Then again Klansman, Robert Byrd, was a democrat. I guess one can be a bigot & racist in action and deed, as long as you cloak yourself in the 'right' political party.

by Anonymousreply 122October 5, 2019 12:44 PM

Yes, don't read, as it is affectionately called, The Speccie, Britain's oldest magazine (founded in 1828, I believe) - after all, those heinous evildoers, Douglas Murray (one of our own, thank you), and that well-known chair of Scottish Fans of the Tories, Alex Massie, write for it.

Unlike, say, The Guardian, the Speccie doesn't seem too afraid of publishing a wide range of viewpoints - Massie being a case in point - even if the journalists don't support the view of the magazine's entire editorial board.

You open the Speccie, you find a range of opinion; you open the Guardian's web page, and all you need to do is read the titles of the pieces, and you can write what is below them in your mind without bothering to.

Harry and Meghan announcing that lawsuit whilst still on tour in Africa was the height of cynical manipulation of the press - that's the irony. They did it for maximum impact on the advice of their solicitors because the press spotlight was still on them, and hang their hosts' dismay at having a day of events and speeches eclipsed.

"I stand before you as a wife, a mother, a Woman of Colour, and before this tour is over, I'm going to do to you what I've done to the Windsors - that is to say, my dear sisters and brothers, what works best for me."

by Anonymousreply 123October 5, 2019 12:45 PM

R132: O'Neill's CV, courtesy Wikipedia:

"Brendan O'Neill is a British columnist. He is the editor of Spiked Online and has been a columnist for The Australian and The Big Issue.

Once a Trotskyist Marxist, O'Neill was formerly a member of Revolutionary Communist Party and wrote for the party's journal, Living Marxism. O'Neill self identifies as a Marxist libertarian and writes for a range of publications."

O'Neill is an odd blend of economic socialism combined with a profound enemity toward authoritarianism, which he believes is permeating the far left and a good many of the progressive memes that he believes are being forced on the population through authoritarian means.

He is something like the inside out of Corbyn's former communications chief, Seamus Milne, who like Corbyn is a bona fide unresconstructed 1930s Stalinist.

The Speccie should be congratulated, not condemned for having on its pages Douglas Murray and O'Neill, who argued against same-sex marriage. He holds quite a few contrarian opinions, but a protoge of Koch?

I'd be pleased at a legitimate link to O'Neill's links to Koch.

by Anonymousreply 124October 5, 2019 12:54 PM

Yes, r122 r124, and it still remains true that, as of this very moment, Rod Liddle is a fully paid up member of the Labour Party and Brendan O'Neill is an avowed Marxist.

But do go on.

by Anonymousreply 125October 5, 2019 12:59 PM

Oh, a post script to my post above, I find Liddle far more offensive a good deal of the time than O'Neill.

by Anonymousreply 126October 5, 2019 12:59 PM

R125 - Just so you know, I'm not R122.

But I am R124 and R126. I was trying to respond to both of you, actually.

by Anonymousreply 127October 5, 2019 1:02 PM

I'm just waiting for Meghan to decide that now is the time to resume her movie career. Of course it will be as the narrator of a documentary on some woke subject; that will be how it starts. Then, maybe, a "Meghan's South Africa"--a tour with her on camera constantly; and then....And she'll make all these decisions without consulting the BRF or even telling them. This is inevitable--I'm sure she already has projects in the works.

Meanwhile: why isn't she breastfeeding in public? She's a modern woman; why the holdup?

by Anonymousreply 128October 5, 2019 1:02 PM

Interesting, r126. Why would that be?

by Anonymousreply 129October 5, 2019 1:03 PM

R128, more than inevitable... in production.

If you doesn't narrate it you can bet she'll top the spoken word count.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130October 5, 2019 1:20 PM

Enjoy. Guardian - commentisfree - 2018/Dec/07- "Brendan O’Neill, alleged contrarian, but in reality a purveyor of systematic dishonesty and corporate shill of no discernible shame, has shown the world in the pages of the Murdoch Sun exactly what the Kochs were buying......."

There's so much shit from fellow 'contrarian' Rod Liddle that goes back years, to this very day......... So I went to Wiki top keep it brief. "When he was accused of racism, Liddle said he was instead engaging in a debate about multiculturalism. In March 2010 the Press Complaints Commission (PCC) upheld a complaint against Liddle, who became the first journalist to be censured over the contents of a blog, because he had not been able to prove his claim about the crime statistics. In October 2010, Liddle called for the abolition of the S4C as a result of the 2010 Comprehensive Spending Review. In his article for The Spectator, he described Welsh nationalists as "miserable, seaweed munching, sheep-bothering pinch-faced hill-tribes". In August 2018, Liddle wrote an article in The Spectator..................." And on and on it goes. So yes, they are absolutely in suitable company with Hopkins, Morgan, Melanie Phillips et al and announcing them as Marxists - as if that's justification - won't change a thing.

by Anonymousreply 131October 5, 2019 1:21 PM

Sorry R131 was for R124. So yeah, people who hate Markle would see it as vindication. Those who know what the Spectator esp, O'Neil + Liddle are about, would shrug with absolutely zero surprise. Preaching to the choir tis all.

by Anonymousreply 132October 5, 2019 1:28 PM

r123 etc You have yet to prove to me that the Brendan O'Neill, Editor of Living Marxism, now called spiked, is anything other than a Marxist. Or that Liddle is not a paid-up Labour member.

by Anonymousreply 133October 5, 2019 1:40 PM

How embarrassing.

“I don’t like what this person has said but as I don’t either the wit or the intelligence to actually counter any of their points, I’ll cast doubt on their characters instead”.

It’s the last refuge of the truly cretinous.

Being accused of being a “racist” or an “Islamaophobe” (a stupid, meaningless word invented by cowards) doesn’t actually mean you are one...as these threads frequently demonstrate. And, to be perfectly frank, any commentator who doesn’t get these accusations flung at them these days isn’t doing their job.

So do shut up, dear. You sound ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 134October 5, 2019 1:49 PM

R133 And you have yet to show me how Liddle being a paid up Labour member and O'Neill editing Spiked, in anyway disproves my original point about the racism and shilling for hard right wing co-ops both are known for.

by Anonymousreply 135October 5, 2019 1:50 PM

Ladies! Ladies! We don't care!

by Anonymousreply 136October 5, 2019 1:52 PM

^ there's that, too.

by Anonymousreply 137October 5, 2019 1:52 PM

R131 - LOL. You brought the receipts!! Let them fellate themselves.

Now, Spectator is launching itself in the US Market and has used a bashfest of the Sussex as their opening. Fair enough. That's the game. I mean no one would expect a woman who has been praised by Michelle Obama, H Clinton e.t.c to get bons of warmth from the likes of Liddle. The article will go viral – they hope – and as is now standard in this world of clickbait journalism, Liddle and O’Neil’s past unpleasant writings and declarations will come to the fore, then the chips will fall as they should. In a place as deeply polarised as the USA, Meghan is collecting a great rota of enemies. And its as simple as that. I mean from the aforementioned gruesome twosome, along with Katie Hopkins, Pier Morgan and Melanie ‘Londonistan’ Phillips e.t.c. You couldn’t make it up. If these kind of people liked Markel? Yikes. Now that would be have been really shitty for her.

by Anonymousreply 138October 5, 2019 1:53 PM

Well except one might care, r136, in that r135 is intentionally peddling disinformation.

by Anonymousreply 139October 5, 2019 1:53 PM

You're quite right, r136.

Meghan Markle MUST be returned to America if only that she be taken off the UK dole

Discuss.

by Anonymousreply 140October 5, 2019 1:59 PM

R139 We're here to gossip about the BRF.

I don't know, it may important stuff but create your own thread.

by Anonymousreply 141October 5, 2019 2:00 PM

R139 We're here to gossip about the BRF.

I don't know, it may important stuff but create your own thread.

by Anonymousreply 142October 5, 2019 2:00 PM

R141/r142 You sound weary of the facts. You're even double posting. What, you can't defend using facts?

Oh that's right - you can't.

And no amount of Sushine Sachs fake postery here will change that fact.

by Anonymousreply 143October 5, 2019 2:09 PM

I'm blocking them both. I hope neither ever has anything interesting to say.

by Anonymousreply 144October 5, 2019 2:12 PM

There. Cleaned it right up.

by Anonymousreply 145October 5, 2019 2:13 PM

You're right, enough.

by Anonymousreply 146October 5, 2019 2:14 PM

I love how r141/ r142 has no balls.

Come ON, you tiny bitch

by Anonymousreply 147October 5, 2019 2:19 PM

Do you suppose they announced the lawsuits toward tour's end thinking the goodwill they wangled would carry with them into litigation?

What a couple of idiots.

by Anonymousreply 148October 5, 2019 2:22 PM

That's Chris Ship theory.

I think people will be sympathetic with Meghan's letter leak. Harry's vendetta for a 15 years old affair is uncalled for.

by Anonymousreply 149October 5, 2019 2:24 PM

I do feel very sorry for Harry because he's humiliating himself and being humiliated in such plain view. I know he's hyper privileged and dim but still, he is so dim she's totally manipulating him, creating a divide between him and his family and the lifestyle he enjoyed and the country. Poor, stupid bugger.

by Anonymousreply 150October 5, 2019 2:24 PM

[quote]I think people will be sympathetic with Meghan's letter leak.

Why? I think she's such a generally unsympathetic character, the way she carries on with her private jets and hypocrisy, that her father giving the letter to the Mail isn't strong enough to undercut how unlikeable she is.

by Anonymousreply 151October 5, 2019 2:26 PM

That's exactly what they thought, r148.

They are piling wood upon their own pyre.

by Anonymousreply 152October 5, 2019 2:26 PM

Vote in the poll

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153October 5, 2019 2:34 PM

R151 Most people don't follow the Sussex closely, they don't know about the private jets or Baby shower. All they're going to see is a private letter published in a newspaper.

It's news in medias which usually never speak about Royals, and in those medias she will be seen as a victim.

by Anonymousreply 154October 5, 2019 2:34 PM

R138 I wonder if those two men regard Markle as a walking colour chart like you do.

Because she’s not quite human to you, is she...she’s “other”. This is why when someone expresses dislike for the way she behaves your bigoted, tiny mind is unable to comprehend what they’re saying. All you can hear and see is “BROWN SKIN. BROWN SKIN. BROWN SKIN”.

Racist shit head.

It’s a shame that you can’t read, though. Liddle’s description was of Welsh NATIONALISTS - not the Welsh as a whole. So not racism. And the complaint was upheld because he didn’t back up the statistics he used - not that it was flagrantly racist.

The world really would be a better place without illiterate racist bigots like you.

by Anonymousreply 155October 5, 2019 2:35 PM

[quote] Most people don't follow the Sussex closely, they don't know about the private jets or Baby shower. All they're going to see is a private letter published in a newspaper.

Right now, yes. But not when the MoS start defending themselves in court. It’ll all come out in the wash then.

by Anonymousreply 156October 5, 2019 2:38 PM

You don't like her, doesn't mean other people will think like you.

by Anonymousreply 157October 5, 2019 2:41 PM

We need a new link to the contents of the letter because IIRC, it was written in a very arch, artifical manner. Then there's the much vaunted calligraphy [sic] which consists of added elaborate swashes to cramped handwriting. All very showy and theatrical, like she expected it to get published at some point.

by Anonymousreply 158October 5, 2019 2:45 PM

I think it is a bit of a stretch to argue the baby shower or private jets are unknown. Search Meghan Markle private jet under News on Google and you get: About 8,710,000 results.

by Anonymousreply 159October 5, 2019 2:46 PM

Was there a reason to not finish out Part 95? That has always been the norm on DL. It is particularly an issue on BRF threads. OP?

by Anonymousreply 160October 5, 2019 2:47 PM

R159 Not by people who only read the frontpage of the Guardian or the Times.

by Anonymousreply 161October 5, 2019 2:50 PM

Six or so weeks ago the Epstein story swept the headlines. Followed by a seemingly white hot spotlight on Prince Andrew. For a couple of seconds it seemed the uber rich and powerful, those wot [sic] flouted the law and decent morality by engaging in sex with underage girls, were finally going to be called to task as a result of testimony from those girls, who are now grown women. Then... what happened? Rien du tout. The testimony of those women hasn't gone anywhere. Ghislaine Maxwell has let the world know she's a top CIA [or whichever combination of letters you fancy] operative, bitches. So hands off. Now, 'arry "No Shame, No Game, No Plane" and da Mrs. are working themselves into a crescendo of passionate indignation over their Shreddies being pissed on. It seems to me the real blood was with the Andy fail, and not with the dress up and make believe stage blood presently circulating. Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 162October 5, 2019 2:52 PM

Neuro Linguistic Programing, R19.

Who is Markle, really? If I was not out of tinfoil I might wonder at how she has been placed to perhaps end the BRF. It is all quite funny, yet, well, not.

So much vocal support from the likes of Ellen, the Carters, Clooneys, etc. Hmmm. Clooney is CFR.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163October 5, 2019 2:53 PM

R163 Oh Jeez.....

by Anonymousreply 164October 5, 2019 2:54 PM

R161, that's a stretch. Who reading the Guardian will feel sorry for Meghan Markle under any circumstances? She is royalty before anything else.

The Times ran a baby shower story and a private jet story. Your replies suggest you're making things up to support your point of view. Done with you.

by Anonymousreply 165October 5, 2019 3:07 PM

R163, You brought up a number of very interesting points in your post that have never really been adequately discussed on DL.

by Anonymousreply 166October 5, 2019 3:10 PM

[quote] You don't like her, doesn't mean other people will think like you..

What are you blathering on about? I’m talking about facts that may emerge in a court case. Facts. Nothing to do with like or dislike.

Those people who feel sorry for her having a “private” letter published might feel rather differently when they hear that she asked her “friends” to tell People Magazine all about the contents of it.

Hope that’s a bit clearer for you.

🙄

by Anonymousreply 167October 5, 2019 3:32 PM

R167 You have no idea if they would feel differently, people would have to care about it to begin with.

It's your bias, you think people will see the light and how horrible she is, nothing is less sure.

by Anonymousreply 168October 5, 2019 4:13 PM

This is Harry's two middle finger salute to the British press as tbe House os Sussex exits that dumpster fire that is England.

by Anonymousreply 169October 5, 2019 4:17 PM

A day out for the Cambridges with George and Charlotte. Georgie looks bored.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170October 5, 2019 4:28 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171October 5, 2019 4:28 PM

R170 You didn't see the right pics, George was very happy.

by Anonymousreply 172October 5, 2019 4:29 PM

Ok, Georgie is now excited!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173October 5, 2019 4:29 PM

It's nice to see George so excited and joyful, he tends to be a bit moody.

by Anonymousreply 174October 5, 2019 4:33 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175October 5, 2019 4:33 PM

In his late 30s, William is suddenly circling back around to hot. He seems to have lost some weight (getting his bone structure back) and the nearly shaved head is working for him.

He'll look really good on a coin someday.

by Anonymousreply 176October 5, 2019 4:34 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177October 5, 2019 4:37 PM

George is adorable.

The kids seem connected to their parents, suggesting that they do spend a fair bit of time with them.

It is nice for William to get to enjoy a stable family life, which he missed out on growing up. Between his mother and Harry, they must have sucked a lot of oxygen out of all rooms they were in.

I am still struck by how animated Harry was when 3rd wheeling with his brother and Catherine. He chose so poorly and the result is so different than the life they have built. Can he see his own agency there, I wonder, or does it fuel his resentment yet more?

The relationships did seem narrow, perhaps just for public consumption? There are no photos of Harry playing with George or Charlotte, pre-MeMe. Living nearby, even if not a kid person, seems as though he might have been close to them? Was all of Harry just a big PR creation and William and Catherine played along? He is so peevish now, and there were flashes all along.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178October 5, 2019 4:49 PM

Mummy MeMe is looking over Harry and steering him in all the wrong directions. Not to worry. She will always find the camera.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179October 5, 2019 5:08 PM

"Excuse me. Can someone please tell me why Uncle Harry is making an ass of himself?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180October 5, 2019 5:10 PM

I think Happy, Empathetic, Fun-Loving Harry must have been a PR creation. It's clear now that he's spoiled, selfish, and deeply resentful of his family. I don't see him ending up a happy man for the same reasons Diana never became a happy woman: stupidity and entitlement. No matter how much they were given, they still always felt hard-done-by, and they lacked the self-awareness and insight to see just how fortunate they were.

by Anonymousreply 181October 5, 2019 5:35 PM

[quote] It's clear now that he's spoiled, selfish, and deeply resentful of his family.

I disagree entirely. I think he is a pillow - he bears the impression of the last person to come in contact with him. So, he was happy in the company of William and Kate. Now he is married to an American actress, with a mission in life, disdain or at least indifference to his background, skilled at discarding those no longer useful and secure as mother of his child. She influences him, every hour of every day. And poor, dim, damaged Harry trots along obediently. If he is spoiled, selfish and deeply resentful of his family it's a comparatively recent position. Living downward dog will do that to you.

by Anonymousreply 182October 5, 2019 5:41 PM

R168 Yeah, moron, that’s why I said “might”.

But if you think the majority of people would say, “Oh..she got her friends to spill the contents of the letter to a magazine in order to attack her father, but now wants to claim it’s private....and that’s just fine” then you really are as stupid as you seem.

You cannot violate your own privacy and then go running to the courts to try and protect it. Sorry if you don’t have enough firing synapses to understand that.

by Anonymousreply 183October 5, 2019 5:44 PM

R160, the former thread was made into a subscribers only one.

by Anonymousreply 184October 5, 2019 5:46 PM

William and Kate seem to be rather hands on parents. Them spending some extra time without Louis is a particularly good idea as it won't make George and Charlotte turn on their brother due to neglection.

by Anonymousreply 185October 5, 2019 5:49 PM

Hahaha, he's just gorgeous. Out of the three Cambrigde kids, he's my favourite after all (despite future empress Charlotte and happy Louis).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186October 5, 2019 5:54 PM

William’s team went off today, winning 5-1. I believe the Cambridges should attend every Aston Villa game from now on.

by Anonymousreply 187October 5, 2019 6:16 PM

Ah, thanks for that explaination, OP. And for starting us again here so all can join in.

by Anonymousreply 188October 5, 2019 6:19 PM

Great contrast of the Cambridges in a crowded football stand with their children against Meghan with a whole section of Wimbledon cleared out for her privacy. Very well played.

by Anonymousreply 189October 5, 2019 6:27 PM

Yes, for an actress Meghan is terrible with optics. You know that everyone anywhere near the Cambridges at that match had been vetted and that the RPOs were within an armsreach of William and his family, but the Cambridges certainly LOOK like just a happy, ordinary family in those pictures, don't they? Even if they got into their chauffeur-driven sedan and went home to their palace after the match.

by Anonymousreply 190October 5, 2019 6:35 PM

I think George may have been on the drink.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191October 5, 2019 6:39 PM

What's great about that video, R191, is that William pays him no mind. Which means he's probably a pretty goofy kid in private and William is just used to his antics. R190, I continue to be surprised at just how bad Meghan is at BRF'ing. I mean, it's really not that hard. Follow protocol, be humble. That she gets it so very, very wrong seriously makes me wonder if there's something mentally wrong with her. It's as if she enjoys creating drama for no fucking reason.

by Anonymousreply 192October 5, 2019 6:42 PM

George had too much sugar at the match today!

by Anonymousreply 193October 5, 2019 6:43 PM

Meghan's behavior isn't that of someone who plans to be in the BRF long-term. She's trying for maximum publicity so that she can build her brand and jump at the first reasonable opportunity, using her golden parachute from the BRF to waft into her next marriage or major media gig. She has no interest in following the rules or acting like a born Royal because she doesn't value their traditions, and she doesn't value the Royal identity beyond how many Instagram followers being Duchess of Sussex can garner her.

by Anonymousreply 194October 5, 2019 6:48 PM

Exactly, R194.

R192, her behavior makes perfect sense if she has a different goal than what you assume.

I am curious how long she will keep Harry around, think it depends strictly on what other options she can gin up.

by Anonymousreply 195October 5, 2019 6:52 PM

True, R194 and R195. I keep running on the false assumption that she wanted to marry into the BRF long-term.

by Anonymousreply 196October 5, 2019 6:59 PM

What I don't get about Harry's rant about the press is that he thinks the press is so negative to Meghan. All the DM articles I scroll through are filled with praise for her, in that cloying DM way of praising women for their looks, clothes and babies.

He can't think he can stop the likes of Piers Morgan or other professional opinion-havers from spouting opinions, can he? And even he must be clever enough to realise that the private plane thing was a misstep and not the result of the press having it in for them.

by Anonymousreply 197October 5, 2019 7:12 PM

Harry probably hates the comments on the DM, R196, and suspects the articles are crafted in ways to gin up hatred toward Meghan, whom I'm sure he earnestly believes executes everything perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 198October 5, 2019 7:15 PM

You're welcome, R160 / R178

by Anonymousreply 199October 5, 2019 7:19 PM

^ R160 / R188

by Anonymousreply 200October 5, 2019 7:24 PM

The intensity of MM’s gaze in R179 - wow. It’s as though the most meaningful relationship in her life is with a camera.

by Anonymousreply 201October 5, 2019 7:36 PM

And while I'm sure they were surrounded by protection officers, the photos give the impression that they're just sitting in amongst the crowd. No one-seat-surrounded-by-empties like MM's Wimbledon gaffe.

If anyone thinks the Cambridges aren't playing the game as hard as the Sussex's, they're wrong. It's just that the Cambs are winning by a mile.

by Anonymousreply 202October 5, 2019 8:32 PM

R202 - I don't think anyone thinks the Cambridges aren't playing the game hard. It's just that the Cambridges look more natural doing it.

Which is unsurprising, as they haven't got axes to grind as the Sussexes do They're suited to this life. Harry and Meghan aren't.

I'm sure Kaiser will be insisting tomorrow that this appearance by the Cambridges was solely intended to "throw the Sussexes under the bus" by looking so happy and normal, whilst the troublesome Sussexes froth at the mouth in their Quest for Vengeance, stirring up more trouble between Harry and his father and brother, and stirring the shit pot.

by Anonymousreply 203October 5, 2019 8:39 PM

The reality is, William and Kate look like a future king and queen. Harry and Meghan look like future attendees of the People's Choice Awards.

by Anonymousreply 204October 5, 2019 8:42 PM

R197 - The tabs (but only the tabs) have thrown a good deal of malicious shade on Meghan, these press outlets are masters of the art of saying something nice whilst suggesting something not so nice - but without coming out and saying so.

But the fact is, a good deal of that Meghan brought on herself. Harry's delusion is that it was all a lie and all unfair. But the baby shower was a terrible PR optic and Meghan made sure it got plenty of PR - it was her dream of herself: surrounded by cooing A-listers, the center of attention, awash in luxe surroundings, and then hitching a ride in the Clooney's private jet to get her loot home. Sorry, Harry, that wasn't unfair coverage - nor was it false: that was an own goal by your wife.

That baby shower could have been held in a private home in England and kept quiet. But then Meghan wouldn't have gotten to see herself splashed on the front pages in her giant sunglasses, expensive coat and bag, exiting and entering Manhattan's mose expensive hotel, with police barriers and dressed to the nines A-listers showing up with big shopping bags and boxes full of presents.

Ditto the Wimbledon debacle. Ditto the birth, christening, and godparent fiasco, which made high drama out of one of the most mundane events in a royal's life.

The utter failure to assume any blame for wrong moves says to me that Harry suffers from his mother's narcissistic personality disorder. Diana was exactly like this: it is always someone else's fault.

by Anonymousreply 205October 5, 2019 8:51 PM

^*but NOT only the tabs . . .

R205

The TIMES, Spectator, Telegraph, and other broadsheets have also thrown some shade at the Sussexes.

by Anonymousreply 206October 5, 2019 8:53 PM

All the papers have covered her antics plainly. She has been criticized for the choices she made. Fairly so. That isn't throwing shade.

Can you honestly name one instance of criticism by media that has been unfair or inaccurate (vs unpleasant?) Reporters (who I generally detest) aren't your therapist. Their job is tell it as they see it. Columnists to have a point of view on what they see. She gives them what they see. None of that is shade throwing.

by Anonymousreply 207October 5, 2019 9:02 PM

The problem is, at this point, Meghan is going to be criticized no matter what she does. Case in point, the Africa tour, she wears cheap clothes, and there are people saying “Does she think we do not deserve or understand nice clothes,” etc. She was widely criticized for not including HMQ in her Vogue edition, but if she had, I would bet my last penny she would have been accused of brown-nosing and being a bad feminist for promoting such an outdated institution as BRF. She simply cannot win.

by Anonymousreply 208October 5, 2019 9:12 PM

R208 That’s nonsense.

There is a middle ground between bespoke Givenchy & creased shirt dresses. She chose not to take it. She was quite rude to her hosts by dressing down so drastically. Again, she should have taken advice from those who have experience of hundreds of royal tours but she knew best, as ever. And, as ever, she got it wrong.

And regarding Vogue - she shouldn’t have taken over the entire magazine in the first place. Who is she to personally decide who are “forces for change”? But it would have been bearable if she’d taken the opportunity to highlight those people (men AND women) who really are doing something to change lives....scientists, doctors, teachers etc.

So stop with the whole “the poor love can’t win” shite. That’s just lazy apologetics.

by Anonymousreply 209October 5, 2019 9:45 PM

Didn't she "work" on the Vogue project while on maternity leave? So, no to royal duties, but yes to vanity project that brings personal attention.

by Anonymousreply 210October 5, 2019 10:00 PM

[quote]Was there a reason to not finish out Part 95? That has always been the norm on DL. It is particularly an issue on BRF threads. OP?

OP can't afford $1.50 a month

by Anonymousreply 211October 5, 2019 10:16 PM

[quote]Case in point, the Africa tour, she wears cheap clothes, and there are people saying “Does she think we do not deserve or understand nice clothes,” etc.

Where? One credible instance, please. And braying asses on the internet - and I include myself - don't count. The internet is a for profit mental institution in a bad neighbourhood.

by Anonymousreply 212October 5, 2019 10:17 PM

Obviously I don't apply that to the ability to book flights and practical things.

by Anonymousreply 213October 5, 2019 10:18 PM

R209, in all likelihood it is SS scripted lines. Spot it and block. Make them work harder. Even our dear webbie advises no engagement with trolls.

by Anonymousreply 214October 5, 2019 10:33 PM

A Ukrainian artist paid tribute to Diana on Britain's Got Talent tonight. She finished third. Quite clever of her to tap into the British public's lingering fondness for the princess to win votes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215October 5, 2019 10:42 PM

[QUOTE] Diana was exactly like this: it is always someone else's fault.

But at least Diana understood the importance of things like christenings, titles, and godparents. Unlike her daughter-in-law, who is trying to bring her avocados and yoga lifestyle to the royal family and failing utterly.

by Anonymousreply 216October 5, 2019 11:41 PM

A genuinely interesting take on Harry's lawsuits by Diana's former aide Patrick Jephson. He walks through the psychological satisfaction of lodging these sorts of cases against the media, but points out that the lengthy nature of legal cases is at odds with the instant gratification that Royals have come to expect as part of daily life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217October 6, 2019 12:45 AM

Meghan will never win because all her efforts are disingenuous. Take the Cambridges outing today. A PR exercise, but does anyone doubt they have a strong bond with their kids or that they're not huge football fans? Not at all. Nothing she does comes from a genuine place. Her only true loves are mirrors and cameras.

by Anonymousreply 218October 6, 2019 1:24 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219October 6, 2019 1:37 AM

In the prior post I meant Thomas. I just realized that if one has not unchecked link preview in the settings, that the DM goes to a video of HARRY instead. I have not felt badly for him in decades. Entitled, spoiled brat who chose this monstrous woman as a mother for his child. Her narcissism and cruelty were ignored so he might appear woke and feel superior. Just wanted to clarify.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7541785/Duchesss-father-Thomas-Markle-reveals-kept-note-secret-MONTHS-never-intended-share-it.html

by Anonymousreply 220October 6, 2019 1:54 AM

Now more exclusives about that letter; they should have let it go and moved on. Long forgotten dirts have been dug up again.

by Anonymousreply 221October 6, 2019 5:12 AM

There’s that smug mug again at R217. It looks like she has fresh lip injections.

by Anonymousreply 222October 6, 2019 5:23 AM

At this late stage, one of the best things Ginge and Cringe could do right now from a PR perspective is to make it up with her father.

Estrangement is a fairly unusual thing amongst British families. It makes her look like 'the bad guy' to many British people, no matter whatever the actual truth of the falling out may be. They suspect that she's ashamed of him because he scans as working class, and that plays really badly in a class-ridden society like Britain. People in Britain who show even a hint of shame about their family or class origins, or who try to change their accent, are largely seen as a walking red flag.

I mean, there's a hundred other things she could and should do to improve her image, but this one would actually be a relatively straightforward fix that would be big help to her in terms of Britons' view of her. They think her treatment of him is appalling (they're right) and they simply cannot understand how anyone could treat her father this way.

by Anonymousreply 223October 6, 2019 6:43 AM

>>>>They suspect that she's ashamed of him because he scans as working class, and that plays really badly in a class-ridden society like Britain. People in Britain who show even a hint of shame about their family or class origins, or who try to change their accent, are largely seen as a walking red flag.

Excellent point. That is a big difference between Britain and America, where people reinvent themselves all the time.

I have always been on Team Tom, but you have to remember that he is estranged from much of his family and hasn't met his other grandchildren either. MM better hope that he doesn't die before they reunite, because that will paint her as a villain for all time.

by Anonymousreply 224October 6, 2019 7:44 AM

This article was linked on another thread, but it fits M&H so well. Meghan is the Queen of the Pseudo Profound Bullshit (I’m sure she’d be okay with being called that, she’ll only hear ‘the Queen’).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225October 6, 2019 9:55 AM

Megan the duchess of suck has a sex tape on celebrity jihad. Lol has a raunchy and features her terrible acting. It's allegedly with an employee of Windsor while married to the nitwit. Google the website then search her name under videos. Lmao. Looks to be pre Archie. I guess she'll finally break the internet!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226October 6, 2019 11:38 AM

Megan the duchess of suck has a sex tape on celebrity jihad. Lol has a raunchy and features her terrible acting. It's allegedly with an employee of Windsor while married to the nitwit. Google the website then search her name under videos. Lmao. Looks to be pre Archie. I guess she'll finally break the internet!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227October 6, 2019 11:38 AM

A raunchy graphic romp.

by Anonymousreply 228October 6, 2019 11:49 AM

R217 - Jephson's piece in the Graun is the best I've seen yet. It's masterful in how it describes the landscape that Meghan seem completely lost in, although Harry should have known better. And the last paragraph, where he drily mentions that whatever her private issues, Diana didn't blow off Balmoral or christenings, highlights the Sussex's real problem, and that they can't hide from the public: they want to have their cake and eat it, too.

by Anonymousreply 229October 6, 2019 1:28 PM

If the Sussexes are going to sue anyone, it should be the site mentioned in R227.

by Anonymousreply 230October 6, 2019 1:32 PM

R230 - Too right. Celebrity jihad is a well-known site famous for its bad photoshopping of celebrity photos so that they look like they are nayked or performing sex acts. The only genuine shot of Meghan they have is her tits, topless at a beach.

If that sex tape publicised last year in BILD exists, no one has gotten his hands on it yet, or MI6 got there first, or the possessor is waiting for Captain Jack Sparrow's opportune moment, or his holding out for a seven-figure sale.

But if it exists, it sure as hell isn't in the hands of celebrity jihad. Most of their content are porn stars no one cares about or pix so obviously and badly photoshopped a primary schooler could spot it.

Whoever has it is holding out for a much, much, MUCH more high-profile, mainstream, and richer buyer.

by Anonymousreply 231October 6, 2019 1:38 PM

Jephson's article is scathing - at the idiot Sussexes. Hoist on his own petard, yes, but I still feel sorry for that boob, falling into the clutches of that woman and her ignorant ambition. Dumb and Dumber. At this point, divorce will be this thing ending well.

by Anonymousreply 232October 6, 2019 1:40 PM

They can't without driving everyone to the site. She deserves this. Richly

by Anonymousreply 233October 6, 2019 1:44 PM

I do not see it any time soon, R232. He has doubled down and seems to be unaware that he is acting out his unresolved Mummy issues.

by Anonymousreply 234October 6, 2019 1:45 PM

Harry should have never married this American whore, his relative who told him, "no actresses" was correct.

She thought she was better than all of them coz she's American. She should have made nice with her father before marriage. He fucking paid for all her schooling and yet she just kicked him to the side after she became famous. No matter what, she should have made him sign NDA and give him a lot of money every month to ensure he keeps his mouth shut, so there won't be bad headlines.

Also she should have played nice, nice until the public loves her before doing things her way...

But she was getting advice from people like Serena Williams who told her to basically "fuck the press".

But I'm glad she's there coz she exposes the real Harry. A stupid, spoiled brat and ungrateful cunt.

by Anonymousreply 235October 6, 2019 2:01 PM

R234 - Agree with that. Leaving the BRF may be in the cards (something Jephson smoothly trots out and something I think has been at the back of Harry's mind since he left the army) but not divorce. Harry has painted himself into a corner because he and Meghan are serving their mutual emotional interests too well.

Charles was not a willig partner in his and Diana's drama. He was caught by time, circumstance, and an equally clever girl who was in the right place at the right time. He was miserable from the get-go and it must have been with considerable internal relief after Diana's last massive mistake with the Morton book to hear his mother insist upon a divorce.

It must be extremely painful for Charles to see his son mated to the same high-drama, narcissistic, demanding type - but caught entirely up in her drama and a willing partner in it.

If anyone in the BRF was at pains to remain an ally for Meghan, it was Charles. Yet, she's managed to split Harry off from him, as well.

If I were willing to put hard-earned cash on anything about all this, it would be that discussions are already ongoing amongst the senior level royals and their advisors, communications staff, and solictors, about how to handle what increasingly appears as a likely departure from the family of the Sussexes.

This last bit of personal service at cost to the Foreign Office and their African hosts probably put paid to objections inside, including from Charles, however reluctantly.

HELLO Magazine has an article up today about the Queen again going to church at Balmoral, this time with her niece, Lady Sarah Chatto. The article goes on at length listing all the members of the royal family who have made it up to Balmoral to visit the matriarch of the family and attend church with her. The article doesn't mention the Sussexes, but doesn't have to: their absence sticks out from the list like a sore thumb.

I think the lines have already been drawn and even fawning sugar publications like HELLO can't pretend not to see them any longer.

In my opinion, it's now a question of when, not if.

by Anonymousreply 236October 6, 2019 2:03 PM

Agree that divorce certainly isn't imminent but this pressure cooker can't survive, even if one half is stupid and the other half odious. Eventually, in their small world, obviously well aware of the criticism, familiarity will breed contempt. The heady thrill of acting out will give way to the isolation of standing apart.

And pure speculation but I'd bet money, neither has the internal self belief and self confidence necessary to stand apart successfully and rebel permanently. They want attention, indulgence and praise. Do they have the self esteem to keep on keeping on, no matter what the criticism in the press or the quiet, terribly polite dismay inside the gates? Imagine the noise in the head if they continue to do the obligatory events like the Trooping... surrounded by the 'enemy'... that's an internal dialogue I'd love to know but wouldn't like to host.

It's a lot of pressure for a marriage to withstand, especially when the principals need one private jet for their egos and another for their emotional baggage.

by Anonymousreply 237October 6, 2019 2:05 PM

Speaking of publications who lick Sussex ass, “Town and Country” and “Harper’s Bazaar” are prime PR whores. Those two aren’t tabloids, and consistently regurgitate the barely-concealed press releases.

by Anonymousreply 238October 6, 2019 2:08 PM

I know this is the wrong thread but who is the married Billionaire tycoon who gave an American 2 STDs? He bought her silence for 1 million pounds. The guy is from the UK.

The married man - who is said to be a household name — was granted a High Court injunction to protect his identity on Friday.

Identified only as Mr J and Ms O, the pair started a secret fling in 2017 which lasted for a year.

by Anonymousreply 239October 6, 2019 2:08 PM

[quote]especially when the principals need one private jet for their egos and another for their emotional baggage.

R237 WW for that. Spot on!

by Anonymousreply 240October 6, 2019 2:21 PM

R203-"Throwing Meghan and Harry under the bus" is a favorite salvo the Celebitchy crowd loves, just loves, to lob at William. At one point they actually blamed William for "throwing Harry under the bus" when he dressed up as a Nazi. William, they howled, dressed up as something much worse. When I politely asked what, some admitted they didn't know and others said he was a lion - which was cultural appropriation of Africa. Kate and William with their children at football is certainly throwing the Sussexes under the bus.

by Anonymousreply 241October 6, 2019 2:24 PM

R239 Dyson, I reckon.

Do we think Smug & Mug will be at Sandringham for Christmas? I don’t. I think the party line will be that St. Doria will be floating in on her angel wings and they’ll all be having a cosy first Christmas as a family at Toad Hall.

by Anonymousreply 242October 6, 2019 3:16 PM

Good Lord! I want to climb all over James Middleton!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243October 6, 2019 4:16 PM

Occasionally on here I’ve observed that sometimes Meghan has what looks to me a very “Diana” facial quality and expression that maybe pushed Harry’s buttons. Other posters push back, but I stand by it. Here’s a shot of Diana that I think captures the look I’m talking about. Turn her eyes brown and plop a wig of long dark hair on her and voila!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244October 6, 2019 8:00 PM

Agree, R244, and I don't think it's coincidence. Rather, Meghan's been mirroring Diana from Day 1-all the better to snare Dimwit Harry.

by Anonymousreply 245October 6, 2019 8:05 PM

R245 Twas an excellent strategy. Worked a charm!

by Anonymousreply 246October 6, 2019 8:17 PM

R246-Indeed it was. I wonder if she pinches herself when no one's looking. I also wonder if she gets frustrated that no one else falls for her act. Harry was so easy - so easy - to manipulate and to have people like William just coldly rebuff her must rub her narcissistic skin raw.

by Anonymousreply 247October 6, 2019 8:19 PM

There aren't a ton of brains in the Windsor gene pool, and William seems to have sucked up every last IQ point for his generation of Royals. Enough smarts that he saw Meghan's game from a mile away and tried to warn his brother, but Harry was too cuntstruck by Meghan and resentful of William's privilege to listen.

by Anonymousreply 248October 6, 2019 8:29 PM

How is Samantha doing during this terrible time? I wish Harry married HER instead of Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 249October 6, 2019 9:45 PM

Sam was either paid off or threatened with law suits that would bury her into her next life, I suspect. I still think the optics of a sister in a wheelchair at the wedding would have been great for MM, but I get why she hates her. Dear Sam used to refer to her as the maid's child.

by Anonymousreply 250October 6, 2019 10:07 PM

Link, R250?

by Anonymousreply 251October 6, 2019 10:14 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252October 7, 2019 12:59 AM

I thought that Samantha had actually been banned from Twitter for her hateful outbursts. I don't use social media, so I could be quite wrong. I don't object to corrections. I'm not a fan of the Duchess of Sussex, but I can't blame her for some of her family intrusions. I still think she should have treated her father better. Lots of us have troublesome family members, but you don't just shut off your own damned Dad.

by Anonymousreply 253October 7, 2019 1:47 AM

That's kind of where I am on the whole Markle debacle, R253. Shutting out and ghosting a sister who called her the maid's daughter?100% behind that. Suck it, Sam. But ghosting a father she lovingly and gushingly praised on her blog? That's low. She just didn't want an obese slob walking her down the aisle. And people saw that.

by Anonymousreply 254October 7, 2019 1:51 AM

Yes,, R254. My poor old dad had Alzheimer' disease.He's dead now, but I would do anything to protect their legacy.

by Anonymousreply 255October 7, 2019 2:13 AM

These lawsuits are puzzling If the tabloids have indeed been printing lie after lie about Meghan as Harry asserts, why aren't they suing for libel/defamation?

by Anonymousreply 256October 7, 2019 2:39 AM

Sorry. There should be a period after puzzling.

by Anonymousreply 257October 7, 2019 2:40 AM

[quote] She just didn't want an obese slob walking her down the aisle.

I don’t know if it was that she didn’t want her dad so much as she preferred being given away by a future king.

by Anonymousreply 258October 7, 2019 2:48 AM

R258, I'm wondering if there's more to this story than first meets the eye. I am certainly not a MM supporter but I wonder if her dad has a very serious alcohol and drug problem as well as seeming to be a food addict How embarrassing if he made Sarah Ferguson look "together and sane" by acting up at the Royal wedding.

by Anonymousreply 259October 7, 2019 3:43 AM

I watched one of the documentaries about Edward & Mrs Simpson and the machinations behind the scenes to get rid of him.

Wallis was a very convenient tool that was used to get rid of a very bad king.

Private correspondence has since come to light among prominent people who were working behind the scenes.

If, as some believe, Sparkle and Dim are a serious thread to the monarchy, I would not be surprised to discover that there are lots of people behind the scenes who can see the danger very clearly and are working to prevent that damage.

Whatever secrets that the Sussex pair think they have hidden or that they might have been protected from in the past are undoubtedly known by the powers that be and could be used whenever convenient.

I am not really even referring to the members of the Royal Family. There are a lot of people who have a vested interest in the continuation of the Royal Family and it seems highly unlikely that they will sit back and see it irreparably damaged by Sparkle and Dim.

I recall a quote from the time before Sparkle ever met Dim, referring to the Royal Family...

[quote] They cling to power with the ferocity of the Corleone family.

by Anonymousreply 260October 7, 2019 4:15 AM

So many infantile posters with a litany of playground nicknames.

by Anonymousreply 261October 7, 2019 5:39 AM

How is calling MM Sparkle supposed to be an insult?

by Anonymousreply 262October 7, 2019 5:40 AM

Kate is an absolute degenerate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263October 7, 2019 5:51 AM

oh the Kate hating cunt is back ... hi, loony! <3

by Anonymousreply 264October 7, 2019 8:16 AM

Kate Middleton's association with "Killin' Kittens" an extremely wild British nightclub where women rule.

by Anonymousreply 265October 7, 2019 8:17 AM

She is an ungrateful cunt. I think she's just afraid he was gonna get drunk at the wedding and make a fool of himself and make her look bad. He was in the hospital with the heart procedure. She never even asked if he was OK in the letter...according to him.

I don't think this is how you treat someone who paid for all your schooling. He should get a refund, she didn't even learn basic manners. The least she could do was ask about his heart attack.

by Anonymousreply 266October 7, 2019 8:47 AM

I don't think she gives a shit about Harry. Never did, never will. I will be terrible whenever he figures that out. May be years from now.

by Anonymousreply 267October 7, 2019 8:49 AM

So many obese, incontinent, unloved, ugly trolls on here getting emotional and swearing like trashy trailer park hoes. Always projecting their own flaws onto Markle.

by Anonymousreply 268October 7, 2019 11:01 AM

She has a been a disaster - for him, for his family, for her family. But he's a disaster too - that much has been made clear since she came on the scene - and I think it's good that the public now know that he's a spoiled brat who hates them. It was all wrong when the paying public regarded highly someone who hates them as much as Harry hates them.

by Anonymousreply 269October 7, 2019 11:18 AM

Harry just feels hard done by. How would you feel seeing your brother get all the money and prestige just because he was born first whilst you are stuck living in ex-servants' quarters out in the suburbs with tedious tasks that give you no sense of pride or accomplishment? I don't feel sorry for him, but I do understand him.

by Anonymousreply 270October 7, 2019 11:34 AM

[QUOTE] I think it's good that the public now know that he's a spoiled brat who hates them.

Zero evidence that he hates the public. He just hates the paps who he blames for Di's death. And the public certainly don't hate Mr Invictus Games.

by Anonymousreply 271October 7, 2019 11:47 AM

[QUOTE] I think it's good that the public now know that he's a spoiled brat who hates them.

Zero evidence that he hates the public. He just hates the paps who he blames for Di's death. And the public certainly don't hate Mr Invictus Games.

by Anonymousreply 272October 7, 2019 11:47 AM

Harry is one of the most privileged human beings to have ever lived.

He needs to shut his mouth and get some perspective.

by Anonymousreply 273October 7, 2019 11:49 AM

Harry needs to get over the delusion that the paps killed his mother. She made a series of bad decisions - getting rid of her RPOs, getting into a car with a drunk driver, and not wearing a seat belt.

by Anonymousreply 274October 7, 2019 11:49 AM

Apparently, the salad tossing tape resurfaced on Tumblr at the end of September. Perhaps that's the reason for the lawsuits - to distract and/or get ahead of any stories, People seem divided on whether it's her. I can see the headlines now: The Prince and the Porn Star. Andrew and Koo Part Deux.

by Anonymousreply 275October 7, 2019 11:58 AM

R256 - They aren't suing for libel or defamation because the tabloids haven't been printing lies. As mentioned a dozen times already, the tabs have fleets of lawyers to consult, they are old hands at this game, and know just how far they can go. It is Harry's delusion that his wife has been the victim of libelous stories.

They have, unquestionably, made the most of Meghan's huge mistakes: not supporting British fashion, the undenied stories of abuse of staff and being difficult to work with, the maternity coat stunt at Eugenie's wedding, the Wimbledon Diva Act, refusing to visit the Queen who is 93 last summer or this summmer, the private jet fiasco, and the utterly ridiculous drama she made about the private christening and Mystery Godparents. She's been criticised, and had shade thrown at her, for all the reasons she so obtusely handed the tabloids on a silver platter.

Harry and Meghan began threatening the British press a year before they were engaged. Harry, with his White Knight fantasy in charge, came to the rescue of the innocent Damsel in Distress who was, in fact, playing him like Sherlock's violin.

They didn't bring a case for libel because their lawyers told them in no uncertain terms that they didn't have a case for libel. In a libel case, every last nasty critical story would be dragged out and the Sussexes would have to PROVE to the world that none of it was true.

That's why they're going for copyright infringement. It's all they've got.

by Anonymousreply 276October 7, 2019 12:00 PM

'Harry is one of the most privileged human beings to have ever lived.'

The loss of his mother aged ten cancels out much of the material benefits.

by Anonymousreply 277October 7, 2019 12:01 PM

R260 - Wallis eventually came in handy as the shades of WWII inched closer - you could call her one of those ill winds that blew some good, as my sainted Mum would jokingly have put it.

But the family were appalled by her and when it became clear that he was serious about marrying her. Only ythen did she become an instrument working in their favour. And if the documentary were honest, they should have included that the heads of the Commonwealth countries were consulted and given a document asking them to approve or not the compromise of a "morganatic marriage", a solution not uncommon amongst European royals marrying unpopular wives. But every single Commonwealth country said, NO. After that, it was give up Wallis or give up the Throne altogether, and we know how that went.

That they were appalled not only by Wallis but by Edward is undoubtedly true. But Wallis wandered into Edward's path with the same kind of stroke of good luck that Meghan wandered into Harry's. It was only later that the family realised that howevver painful, their own were as much to blame as the interloper, and had to accept that both needed to be gotten rid or.

I think that's what's playing out here: a truly remarkable repeat of the Wallis and Edward story, in which the die-hard romantics will never blame the couple themselves for their exit, nor will the couple themselves.

And the British royal family, unlike the Corleones, do not have any real power. They do, however, have enormous influence and powerful friends, and on the financial side, they do have it in their power to reduce Harry's and Meghan's resources to support the lifestyle that both of them want but don't want to pay for.

I don't think those papers the documentary mentioned are "new". Any decent bio of Edward contains the telegrams and letters of Baldwin, PM at the time, and his aides, discussing the problem and what to do about it.

The documentary I want to see is the one made when William is crowned with his brother's family notably absent, when those previously unknown papers are unsealed.

by Anonymousreply 278October 7, 2019 12:15 PM

R42 at least Papa Markle has a heart, unlike you.

by Anonymousreply 279October 7, 2019 12:26 PM

R268 must have swallowed a Thesaurus or been rejected by the folks in a trailer park. Probably the latter.

by Anonymousreply 280October 7, 2019 12:28 PM

How long before the family steps in and deals with Harry and Meghan, r278, now that they must surely understand that Harry is as culpable and non-salvageable as Meghan? Understanding that they have no good options, letting this case drag on indefinitely seems like the worst option.

by Anonymousreply 281October 7, 2019 12:31 PM

The Family will do nothing, r281

They've never had the guts required to rein Harry in, and now that he's got the Harridan in tow...

by Anonymousreply 282October 7, 2019 12:36 PM

They should cut Andrew, Harry and Meghan all in one fell swoop. Andrew for all the obvious reasons. With Harry and Meghan, they can claim that want to release them to have the private life they're always going on about. At this point, just give them a hefty chunk of change to shut them up and send them on their way.

by Anonymousreply 283October 7, 2019 12:38 PM

Oh, I think the BRF will just keep looking the other way, until the Queen dies. Luckily for Meghan, there’s a little baby involved, and that’s her leverage, at the moment.

I think everything the family does is invariably correct. They’ll never be outright rude or break the rules of perfect etiquette. But MM knows she’ll never be accepted, and she’s rejecting them first.

by Anonymousreply 284October 7, 2019 12:41 PM

Oh well, the BRF did this to themselves by coddling him his entire life. (Except for William and Kate. They had nothing to do with this mess and seemingly tried to build him up the last few years.)

by Anonymousreply 285October 7, 2019 12:48 PM

[quote]The Family will do nothing

As long as Ginger continues to play the useful role of Court Fool, the BRF will keep him around because he makes everyone else look mature, stable and sensible. They know Ginger has no future with Megs, given her cut/run relationship history, so are biding their time until she cuts loose. Which, should not be too far in the future, given the complete disaster she's made of everything.

by Anonymousreply 286October 7, 2019 12:51 PM

Megs has made a complete disaster of everything, R286. It's almost as if she's trying to do so.

by Anonymousreply 287October 7, 2019 12:58 PM

Probably, r287. She's pissed that people didn't fall at her feet with slavish devotion. Now she's going to go out in a blaze of infamy.

by Anonymousreply 288October 7, 2019 1:11 PM

I don't agree that the BRF will do nothing. They won't do anything publicly, yet, but the fact is, this time Harry and Meghan put two fingers up to the F.O., the British government, and their foreign hosts. It's one thing to make a personal mess at home of christenings, godparents, a Wimbledon visit, abuse of staff, etc., but quite another to spoil a foreign tour's cachet with personal issues.

I think this time, the Sussexes went too far. And, they did so doing an end run around the senior royals (Harry only told the Queen just before the story dropped, he didn't consult with her, and he didn't inform his father at all, let alone his brother). They may as well have hoisted a flag emblazoned with "We're Going It Alone!".

And so they are. The Palace has remained completely silent - legally, they shouldn't comment on an open case, anyway - but they know better than to antagonise the press further, with statements supporting these moves, which the BRF know all too well represents an open war between the press and senior members of the BRF.

This also piles more pressure on William and Kate in Pakistan to reverse some of the damage done to that relationship and have a perfect tour. Any missteps and people will begin to question why Britain bothers with all this, anyway. Of course, it's also an opportunity to enhance their increasing public image as the Dutiful, Perfect Royals who don't rock boats and create High Drama everywhere they go.

by Anonymousreply 289October 7, 2019 1:19 PM

R226 - That is not Meghan Markle

R197 and R205 - What the Daily Mail prints is not the problem bothering Harry. It is what the DM Commentariart post that is bothering Harry.

by Anonymousreply 290October 7, 2019 1:23 PM

R290-And that's what Harry is incapable of grasping. He can't control what the poors write about his wife. The only thing that would affect that is if they altered their behavior, and they're both too spoiled and entitled to not follow their hearts desires and do exactly as they wish. It just galls him that people won't fawn all over them for just being their authentic selves.

by Anonymousreply 291October 7, 2019 1:48 PM

I think these lawsuits set up their reason to leave Britain and move to Hollywood. It gives them the excuse they needed.

by Anonymousreply 292October 7, 2019 3:54 PM

If and when they do make the jump, I think they'll be taken aback at just how critical being working Royals was to the amount of coverage they received. Sure they'll be covered, but their stars will never be higher than where they are right now. Wait for the barrage of appearances, voice overs, documentaries, etc. Harry will be exhausted trying to keep up.

by Anonymousreply 293October 7, 2019 4:04 PM

They'll also be surprised how quickly all those celeb "friends" fade away.

by Anonymousreply 294October 7, 2019 4:09 PM

I wonder how closely the BRF is watching what's unfolding in Sweden - a significant paring of the royal house. Perhaps this will give the Queen and Charles some ideas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295October 7, 2019 4:14 PM

They may also be surprised by how much the crap negative coverage and internet slagging continues.

Making the connection between cause and effect is obviously not a strong suit.

by Anonymousreply 296October 7, 2019 4:31 PM

R295 Wow, that is a very significant action by the Swedish king. Part of the reason why I detest Elizabeth II is her recalcitrance in evolving the royal house. She refuses to step down (even though her comtemporaries in many European houses have) refuses to rein in or cut off shady, criminal offspring (like the former King of Spain did with his daughter), and continues to waste taxpayer money on descendants who have shown time and again that their allegiance is to fame and money and not the nation. I’m glad Carl-Gustaf had the balls to do this.

by Anonymousreply 297October 7, 2019 5:02 PM

R268 why are you sharing your personal traits with us? Wouldn't you be more comfortable with the other fat fraus at Celebitchy?

by Anonymousreply 298October 7, 2019 5:27 PM

I agree, R297. I used to admire her unwavering sense of duty, but her failure to control her family, from Andy's peccadilloes to Harry's temper tantrums, convince me she's an ineffective matriarch. She can throw as much shade as she likes via conferring properties like Frogmore, but ultimately the bad behavior on the part of the Harkles starts with them and ends with her - and she refuses to end it.

by Anonymousreply 299October 7, 2019 6:19 PM

How an unassuming selfie shows what boors Harry and Meghan really are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300October 7, 2019 6:53 PM

That move by King Carl Gustaf is significant. It follows the move by the Danish Folketing (Parliament) of informing the Gluckbergs that only the direct heir to the throne and his heir can expect an annual "appenage" (supplement) in support of their royal duties. That means that Prince Christian's three younger siblings cannot expect to get paid for working for the monarchy and the Danish state. And, Queen Margrethe's younger son, Prince Joachim, is an HRH, but his children are only HHs (His Highness, Her Highness).

They are all getting the message: the public don't want to support hordes of royals so far down the line of succession that no one cares whether they carry out official engagements or not.

Hopefully, the Queen and Charles will get the message as well: the days of extensive support for a dozen cousins and younger siblings and nephews and nieces is dying.

None of these people, mind, are going to starve. Whilst most of those Scandi royals are not on a level with the Windsors, House of Orange, or the Lichtensteinian family (those are the three richest in Europe), the are all well-heeled enough to leave modest trust funds, and connected enough so that their less important offspring can get good educations and then good jobs.

Only the Windsors seem to have their heads in the sand, coddling a golddigging c-list divorced American actress feeding her delusions of grandeur and a spoilt, angry twat who is sixth in line.

In fact, if the Queen had any sense, she'd cut Harry and Meghan off now, along with the Gloucesters, Kents, and Prince Andrew. She could announce that given the economic pressures on ordinary people of the modern era, it makes sense to limit those working on the public payroll to the monarchy, her/his direct heir, and in time, the next direct heir after that.

This would go along with no more HRHs for anyone outside the direct line, including any grandchildren of the Sovereign in the male line, if the father is more than three places removed from the throne.

Harry and Meghan can keep their HRHs but forget about their children getting any when Charles becomes King.

It would provide nice cover for clipping the wings of the Sussexes.

by Anonymousreply 301October 7, 2019 6:55 PM

R301, that would be perfect.

by Anonymousreply 302October 7, 2019 7:06 PM

That would solve it beautifully, R301, but I doubt anyone in the BRF has the sense to implement it.

by Anonymousreply 303October 7, 2019 7:09 PM

The Kents and Gloucesters are in the eighties and seventies so they should be retiring from royal duties.

Carl Gustaf looks like an ass. Why did he bother to give his daughter Madeleine's children the HRH titles when their father refused any title in the first place? Now he's taking them away. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 304October 7, 2019 7:10 PM

Archie doesn't have much hair anywhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305October 7, 2019 7:19 PM

Cute photo of Princess Margaret with her two children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306October 7, 2019 7:20 PM

They could have put Pa in a Spanx and a very well tailored morning suit, and sent him to get beautifully groomed. He couldn’t have looked any worse than The Earl Spencer did at Diana’s wedding, who was portly, blotchy, AND damaged from a recent stroke.

by Anonymousreply 307October 7, 2019 7:39 PM

Meanwhile, Crown Princess Mary of Denmark is in Paris today, wearing one of the loveliest dresses I have ever seen her wear, and an object lesson in how to create a waist where there is none, cover a fair amount of leg, and yet not be too much cloth. This dress, in perhaps a livelier fall colour like cranberry or rose, would be absolutely perfect on Meghan. It looks chic, feminine, simple, classy, and the lines are beautiful. I do not understand why Meghan cannot dress like this.

by Anonymousreply 308October 7, 2019 7:46 PM

R308, a link to a photo would help support your point.

by Anonymousreply 309October 7, 2019 7:48 PM

R306 - Well, he's only five months old and he's quite, er, Caucasian looking. In that photo, though, you can see the darker hair coming in as the original gingy tufts wear off. Most infants lose the hair they are born with in the first few months and the next, more likely to stick colour, comes in.

by Anonymousreply 310October 7, 2019 7:49 PM

R309 - I know, I don't know how to post them. And this is a video I saw on billed-bladet so I certainly don't know how to post those, which is a shame, because Mary was asked to move to a central place for French photographers, which she did, and you can see how beautifully the material moved around her legs.

Apologies.

by Anonymousreply 311October 7, 2019 7:50 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312October 7, 2019 8:01 PM

If Meghan dressed appropriately and acted appropriately, she'd grab far fewer headlines. Grabbing headlines is the point, hence the tacky clothes and multiple lawsuits. If you realize her game is to build a brand and swan off to the next gig, her behavior makes perfect sense. I think the BRF see her game clearly. Sadly, I don't think Harry does.

by Anonymousreply 313October 7, 2019 8:02 PM

Ah, thank you, R312! I'm particularly fond of the details that make this outfit: the white three-quarter cuffs, the white pleated chiffon underskirt showing through the inverted front pleat, and the little cloth buttons. It's just enough detail to define the dress without fussing it up.

Mary, like Diana and Meghan, hasn't much of a waist, but you'd never know it in this outfit. Someone send the link to the Suusex's IG account.

by Anonymousreply 314October 7, 2019 8:20 PM

Meghan could take a lesson or two from Princess Marie of Denmark, very chic and put together, also married to someone down the line in succession making it unrealistic she’ll be queen, yet plays her role perfectly with no uproar.

by Anonymousreply 315October 7, 2019 8:55 PM

Meghan may grab headlines, headlines, but they're the wrong sort. If she wants to build herself up as a global superstar, having millions of people hate her is not the way to do it. Of course, she probably buys that old chestnut that any press is good press. Add her constant victim/martyr complex onto that, and she's unable to see how loathed she'll be even if she does exit.

by Anonymousreply 316October 7, 2019 9:02 PM

Dear Heavenly Father,

I continue to offer up my hourly thanks for bringing M into H's life. Never, ever, in my most extreme quiet machinations, could I have ever conjured up someone so perfect as M in making my darling K appear so golden.

Carole Middleton

by Anonymousreply 317October 7, 2019 9:04 PM

R315 - Indeed, Marie has been a model Married to the Sixth in Line, which Prince Joachim is after Frederik and his four children. Marie and Mary faintly resemble each other and have a similar style - Marie also dresses beautifully. She is Joachim's second wife, his first was Eurasian, and she also made a terrific success as his wife; it was the marriage that went south, never Alexandra's relationship with the Danish people. All three women performed their royal duties with taste, discretion, and an understanding of their roles in a way much more like Kate than Meghan.

I can imagine the Queen looking wistfully at Joachim and Marie and thinking, "If only . . . "

by Anonymousreply 318October 7, 2019 9:14 PM

R317-you're not terribly far off. I've said that Meghan Markle is the best thing to happen to Kate. As irritating as her sister-in-law must be, Kate is now highly acclaimed as a dignified English rose, a true partner to a future king and devoted mother to another future king. She is absolutely perfectly suited to be William's queen. Markle's too stupid to realize that she's only elevated a woman she so clearly despises and envies by equal measures.

by Anonymousreply 319October 7, 2019 9:16 PM

R319 - As have many others. The irony is profound. The fraus on CB were all gleefully predicting Meghan would blow Kate out of the water with her style, her "work ethic", and professionalism as a former actress just too ready for all the scrutiny . . .

Turns out the public isn't that enamoured of a constantly pontificating Dookess who accepts all the perks of an antiquated hierarchical institution whilst proclaiming how Woke she is and her intention to change the world.

Just not the world of that hierarchical institution that gave her her title, status, fame, million-dollar wardrobe, 5-bedroom home a half mile from Windsor Castle, household staff, and A-list friends who never gave her a second glance before she married Harry.

by Anonymousreply 320October 7, 2019 9:30 PM

The Sun is reporting that Pa Markle is willing to come to Britain to testify in the ridiculous Letter case.

If he does, he will have the bulk of public sympathy behind him, and his presence in Britain will provide a stark reminder that he was effectively dis-invited from the 35 million pound wedding and that he has been barred from meeting his grandson.

All-in-all, she better hope he does not come to England.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321October 7, 2019 9:50 PM

R321-If Pa Markle comes to the UK and does not meet his grandson, Meghan will be an ungrateful child who is sharper than any serpent's tooth heretofore imagined. You can bet Piers will have him put up in the swankiest hotel and eating at then finest establishments. She better pray Pa's heart condition keeps him in Mexico. Shit's getting Shakespearian.

by Anonymousreply 322October 7, 2019 9:57 PM

THAT'S BECAUSE KATE IS [BOLD]WHITE[/BOLD] AND MEGHAN IS [BOLD]MIXED RACE -ISH[/BOLD].

by Anonymousreply 323October 7, 2019 10:04 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324October 7, 2019 10:05 PM

[R319], thank you.

In the interest of optics, though, may I suggest K being compared with English Ivy and M kudzu? They are both green just like the emeralds in QEII's tiaras. *meow*

Please note Ecological Damage section of article. Damage, destruction and obliteration in the wake of its path.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325October 7, 2019 10:06 PM

[QUOTE] If Pa Markle comes to the UK and does not meet his grandson, Meghan will be an ungrateful child who is sharper than any serpent's tooth heretofore imagined.

True. But, even if Meghan and Harry meet him and show him Archie (and slip him a shitload of money) and even if The POW and DOC receive him (and Sam) who’s to say he still won’t go to Piers and cry the blues and say he was wronged? I think Me! learned her craft from Pa, to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 326October 7, 2019 10:19 PM

She can't control him. End of. But to wage her war against him using "Friends" speaking to the media about her letter to him seems like a surefire way to heighten the risk he might speak to the media again to defend himself.

Meanwhile for her to publicly forgive and forget, let him meet Archie, and get it all over with seems like a far better strategy if she wants him to cooperate with her and remain silent. That would be the smart move. But apparently, she's not all that much smarter than her Dim husband.

by Anonymousreply 327October 7, 2019 10:39 PM

R327-that would be the ideal strategy. Then, if he continues to be an asshat, she could rightfully cry victim. Right now even though Pa is skeevy, Meghan still comes out as the villain. Some soft-focused photos of a beaming grandfather meeting Archie with a "We're Reconciled!" headline, would do Meghan the world of good in terms of image rehabilitation. She's just not smart enough to pull that off. Nor is she that good an actress.

by Anonymousreply 328October 7, 2019 10:46 PM

I can't imagine Harry giving anyone money to be quiet. Wasn't he the cheapskate who refused to pay for one of his girlfriend's (Cressida?) plane ticket to a wedding of one of his friends.

by Anonymousreply 329October 7, 2019 10:54 PM

The Royal Reporter for one of the only newspapers not being sued by the Harkles right now has come out swinging against them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330October 7, 2019 10:59 PM

The optics of a photo op with Pa and Sam would go a long way, for sure. I don’t know why Me! doesn’t leverage that and make all this shit go away, how dumb can she be.

by Anonymousreply 331October 7, 2019 11:06 PM

Don't forget The Tig and Instagram, R324-she gave up those. Oh the bitter unfairness of it all!

by Anonymousreply 332October 7, 2019 11:40 PM

Lol -that's right, r332 - how could I forget that she gave up her website and her IG? Such sacrifice.

by Anonymousreply 333October 7, 2019 11:50 PM

R330 - Palmer has been covering the royals for a long time and is an experienced hand. Although I take everything put out by journos, especially the "a royal expert said . . ." types, it is likely Palmer has contacts backstage, so to speak. If Palme says the whole family is appalled and not supporting the Sussexes, it's likely got more than a grain of truth in it.

by Anonymousreply 334October 7, 2019 11:50 PM

I wonder, R334, if Palmer's Twitter statement was made with a nod and wink from the higher ups. Given his connections, it's a pretty stunning post. They might be sending Harry and Meghan a very strong message. If I were Harry, I'd read that and think, "Oh, shit. Maybe that wasn't my best idea." He's too childish and stupid to self reflect and respond appropriately, though.

by Anonymousreply 335October 8, 2019 12:03 AM

Seeing Richard Palmer's name reminded me of this music video....

Okay, full disclosure DL regulars. I am a straight (not THE awesome) SWF, a WASP as well as a walking mnemonic for gall bladder disease. I don't remember what Google search lead me to DL, but I stayed for the delightful snark. It reminded me of my dear gay, male friend who eventually passed from AIDS. In the very early 80's, he took me to some of the gay bars in New Orleans. It was just before what we came to know as AIDS hit. It was so lovely. I really try to just lurk (a true INTP if any of you regulars are into Myers-Briggs), but I confess to feeling protective and pissed off at the delusional M fans and paid trolls on what should be a safe place.

Am I forgiven? Can I haz absolution and dispensation to post when I feel the need?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336October 8, 2019 12:04 AM

Agreed, r334. Palmer is one of the better-connected Royal reporters, leading me to think that he's definitely got inside info. Also, he's been pretty even-handed and subdued in his coverage of the Sussexes. I posted this tweet because to see him come out saying the entire BRF is doing their best to distance themselves from the Sussexes struck me as pretty strong stuff coming from him.

by Anonymousreply 337October 8, 2019 12:07 AM

Listening to William and Harry's voice overs in the below PSA just shows how accurately the actors on the Windsors nailed their roles. And Meghan did a nice job. Why can't she just stick to the script like she did here?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338October 8, 2019 12:22 AM

Why is Glenn Close in the ad at r338? She's got nothing to do with the NHS. Bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 339October 8, 2019 12:36 AM

The Sun's Exec editor Dan Wooton has tweeted an article (not written by him) arguing that Meghan and Harry are essentially demanding a return to a pre-1960's version of the Monarchy, in which Monarchy dictates what will and will not be written about them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340October 8, 2019 12:41 AM

R281, the Africa plan was tried. The Harkles made it clear they would not play along and ever pretend to represent The Crown, their lawsuit was filed to maximize publicity for them. That it minimized the publicity for the official reasons they were there was of no consequence to them. In fact, they may have enjoyed upping the ante as it was.

by Anonymousreply 341October 8, 2019 12:45 AM

All the Al Qaeda reps on the planet are probably heading to Lahore, hoping to assassinate William or Kate, or kidnap the children. I hope they aren't taking the three little kids. but fear they are, as the 14 October is when the public school two week half term holiday starts.

Does anybody know if they're taking the kids?

by Anonymousreply 342October 8, 2019 12:57 AM

'But I confess to feeling protective and pissed off at the delusional M fans and paid trolls on what should be a safe place.'

Delusions of grandeur are contagious, I see. There are no paid trolls on this lowly, low traffic website, dear.

You have been influenced by the paranoia of the Welp Troll.

by Anonymousreply 343October 8, 2019 1:00 AM

It does make me wonder, R337, if the BRF are telegraphing loud and clear that they're done with the Harkles. That, of course, will just play into the Harkles' perpetual hard-done-by victimhood. Harry will detest his family even more, egged on by the ever avaricious Markle. "See! Your family can't even support you when you're right and you need them the most! They're never there for you!"

by Anonymousreply 344October 8, 2019 1:03 AM

[quote]They might be sending Harry and Meghan a very strong message. If I were Harry, I'd read that and think, "Oh, shit. Maybe that wasn't my best idea."

I doubt it - this is perfect material for Meghan to get into his ear and emphasize the "us against the world" tactic she probably is using to separate him with his family even further.

by Anonymousreply 345October 8, 2019 1:03 AM

Thanks for the links to Richard Palmer and Dan Wooten, R330 and R340. Sure to hit a nerve with some.

by Anonymousreply 346October 8, 2019 1:04 AM

SNAP! R344

by Anonymousreply 347October 8, 2019 1:04 AM

I doubt very much they are bringing the kids. KP has stated that this is the "most complex tour ever undertaken" by the Cambridges because of extra security considerations. I won't be surprised if the two of them wear bullet-proof vests under their clothes during this tour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348October 8, 2019 1:04 AM

Yikes, R340-that Wooten article was strong and stern stuff.

by Anonymousreply 349October 8, 2019 1:09 AM

R348, bulletproof vests would be a good idea. The areas need to be scoured for IEDs as well. Pakistan has porous land boundaries and terrorists of all types tend to congregate there. William and Kate are the biggest fish to land there for many,many years..

If this was the Sussexes' tour to Pakistan, people on here would be saying they had been sent there deliberately to show that their lives weren't valued by the BRF, or even in the hope that one or both were eliminated.

by Anonymousreply 350October 8, 2019 1:12 AM

Would any of the content of this video be true? Prince Harry cross dressing with pictures somewhere on the internet, Prince Charles admitting he fantasizes/actually did/whatever dress like the Queen, past video of MM as a pig . . . WTF????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351October 8, 2019 1:20 AM

Nice try at R342 and R350! Though sort of creepy.

by Anonymousreply 352October 8, 2019 1:24 AM

Here's the team that will accompany the Cambridges on their trip from October14-18. Note the inclusion of Christian Jones. He's the person Meghan was papped entering and exiting a restaurant for some PR strategy meeting. H quickly - and very wisely - chose to get the hell away from the Sussexes and stick instead with the future king and queen. An astute move.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353October 8, 2019 1:26 AM

As a reward for the tour, they probably get to take the kids to the Maldives or Mustique for their October half term break.

by Anonymousreply 354October 8, 2019 1:29 AM

r353 It was an astute move for Jones to get the hell away from Meghan after that lunch. He rightly has worked out that any future with the BRF could be put in danger for people who are covered with the taint of the Harkles.

It will be interesting to see if even the Clooneys now begin to slink away from the Harkles. After all, George clearly wants to ingratiate himself with the BRF, as was shown when he donated to Prince Charles' charity and shamelessly sucked up to Charles at the charity event. At this stage, I could easily imagine that being friendly with the Harkles may now constitute a red flag on someone as far as the rest of the BRF is concerned. Anyone wanting a BRF relationship or to be on a BRF honours list would be wise to distance themselves from the disastrous duo.

by Anonymousreply 355October 8, 2019 1:41 AM

Quite right, R355. Notice we haven't had any real mentions of Meghan and Amal since the baby shower? I don't think Amal appreciated being dropped into that drama and smartly distanced herself. Even Serena isn't quite the BFF she used to be. Even Queen Bey and Jay-Z seemed reserved when they met the Harkles at The Lion King premiere. Meghan was star struck. Bey? Seemed slightly bored. There will always be hangers on, naturally, but increasingly, the Harkles may discover they're not quite as A list as they thought.

by Anonymousreply 356October 8, 2019 1:46 AM

How funny to see G in an advert for an overseas mental health service. I suppose she had time on her hands.

by Anonymousreply 357October 8, 2019 1:59 AM

r357, it is for the NHS and with William, maybe she fancies being an honorary Dame? She is a million times better actress than Thompson or Mirren anyway!

by Anonymousreply 358October 8, 2019 3:26 AM

yes, Harry is definitely cheap, just look at the tiny engagement ring.

by Anonymousreply 359October 8, 2019 4:52 AM

Suits was the second most watched show in the US and was huge in the UK and Europe. I'm sure Meg loved being a part of the cast, a successful working actress. She gave up the profession she was passionate about aged just 36 to marry Harry and get savaged by UK tabloids. She probably regrets it.

by Anonymousreply 360October 8, 2019 6:00 AM

Suits was shown, but largely unknown in the UK and Europe, r360 - as was Markle until she dated Harry.

I know you want it to be true, but it's not true. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 361October 8, 2019 7:06 AM

I wonder which side Anna Winfield will pick. We can see now that Kate sells a lot more magazines than Megan.

by Anonymousreply 362October 8, 2019 9:29 AM

Wintour. JFC , Autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 363October 8, 2019 9:33 AM

If Anna still knows how to stay on top (debatable) she will take the Queen's side over that of the Harkles. The Harkles are now the BRF version of contagious Box Office Poison.

Anyone who cuddles up to the Harkles will be automatically tainted in the eyes of the wider BRF, and additionally, at risk of unflattering coverage now that the Harkles have gone to war against the British media.

Anna has slid in recent years and is at risk of sliding down further. She should steer WELL clear.

by Anonymousreply 364October 8, 2019 10:07 AM

Kate’s speaking voice in the NHS ad is like hearing an English rose. Meghan sounds flat and almost masculine. So much for her actress training. I’ll give Meghan this though, at least she’s not using vocal fry like many Americans.

by Anonymousreply 365October 8, 2019 11:30 AM

[quote]I wonder which side Anna Winfield will pick. We can see now that Kate sells a lot more magazines than Megan.

Very few people will pick the outsider. Look at Sarah Ferguson. What little activity she gets that is reminiscent of the old days is bottom of the barrel. MM was a B tier actress when she got here and she'll be lucky to be as much when she's gone.

by Anonymousreply 366October 8, 2019 11:48 AM

Meghan sounds like she's smiling at the beginning, which comes off as not quite right. It's like she's trying to be positive! and helpful!

by Anonymousreply 367October 8, 2019 11:57 AM

I don't know, r336 Anna might be dumb and choose Meghan simply because she's mixed-race because that seems the twitter-safe thing to do. After all, fake claims of racism how Meghan is getting by on every other platform.

It all depends on whether Anna has her finger on the pulse. If she does, she'll politely but firmly avoid the Markle Debarcle from here on out. If she doesn't have her finger on the pulse and is relying on others, then she might be drawn into believing what Enninful believed (to his cost - his stock has gone WAY down in London PR circles because they're now saying he can be bought, and Vogue is supposed to never be able to be bought, but that's another story).

We'll see.

by Anonymousreply 368October 8, 2019 12:47 PM

R368 - Who bought Enninful?

by Anonymousreply 369October 8, 2019 12:50 PM

I think Harry and Meghan knew from the get-go that these moves, taken in the last stages of a tour set up by the Foreign Office and without consultation with or even informing the two most senior royals and Harry's brother and sister-in-law, about to set off on a far more important state visit to Pakistan, would cost them what was left of the family's good will.

So, although I wasn't sure at first, I rather agree now that with their PR ratings slipping, the public unsympathetic, the family increasingly disgusted, and the Cambridges on a steady ascent, they've shrugged their shoulders, and are playing up their Victim Roles as part of their "exit strategy".

What they've forgotten is that the ill-will in the family they've sowed makes it more likely that they leave without many of the perks they expect to leave with - the actions of the Swedish King this week should be a warning shot across the Windsors' bows: the public today is not the public of the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s and 1980s. That public will not take kindly to having paid $4 million to renovate a cottage the couple left within two years, sulking as they packed their bags.

The monarchy has to be seen to take a hard line with those who stuck two fingers up to the British government AND the monarchy whilst out on official business. If they let the Sussexes get away with this with no accountability whatsoever, the BRF might as well tell Parliament they're leaving, too.

They hysterical fraus on CB will blame William for pushing his brother and sister in law out because they're terrified of how "popular" the Harkles are, when, in fact, they are far less popular than the Cambridges, who come out ahead of them in those absurd polls and who have more IG followers, or will insist that Carole Middleton, Mistress of the Dark Arts, is so powerful and so well connected to the media that it is actually she who has engineered all this bad press.

That Harry and Meghan engineered it by threatening the British press before they were even engaged, and behaving badly at regular intervals after their marriage, and making it clear they didn't think the BRF's rules should apply to them and that Meghan, particularly, had little to no respect for it except as a tool for her to further her personal agenda, is something those fraus will never admit contributed to the Sussex's downfall.

by Anonymousreply 370October 8, 2019 12:51 PM

Who do you think, Proud CB Frau at r369?

by Anonymousreply 371October 8, 2019 12:55 PM

R371 - I have no idea (????) which is why I ask the question.

Is it Meghan who supposedly "bought" Enninful? If so where did she get the money and how much did she pay?

It is my understanding that the September issue of British Vogue was a very big seller but I have not seen any official numbers.

Meghan editing the September issue of British Vogue was a very bad idea for her but if Vogue sold many many copies then it was a good idea for Enninful as publishing is all about money.

by Anonymousreply 372October 8, 2019 1:02 PM

They don't want an exit strategy, r370. They want to stay nice and warm in the money and (what Meghan perceives to be) the power. They're digging their heels in, if anything. They want their ill-named Archie to get that HRH. Will he get it it? Unclear. At the rate his parents are going, probably not.

by Anonymousreply 373October 8, 2019 1:03 PM

You don't buy people like Enninful with money, imbecile at r372. Christ you really ARE from retarded CB aren't you

by Anonymousreply 374October 8, 2019 1:05 PM

R369 - It emerged, as everything about Meghan does, eventually, that editing Vogue was HER idea and Enninful couldn't very well say NO, could he? "No, I think not, Your Royal Highness - I've seen some of your writing and frankly, I think you would be better off beginning to work with us on your wardrobe. I know we're both black (well, at least I am, I'm not sure about you - darling, have you thought about a blunt cut shoulder length bob with just some face-framing wisps at the front?) but . . . Why don't we wait a year and see how thing go, and then revisit the idea?"

by Anonymousreply 375October 8, 2019 1:06 PM

Archie will never get that HRH. You go on as you start out no matter what the technicality is. If Philip dies and Edward, as he was promised, inherits his royal ducal title, it will still not turn his kids into the HRHs they were, automatically, at birth, but didn't assume because their father chose to be known as the Earl of Wessex, instead.

It is extremely rare to change that in midstream no matter what the technicality is. Archie's parents have declared that they aren't even going to have him go by Harry's subsidiary title, Earl of Dumbarton, as they want their kids to have "normal lives". All Charles has to do is announce that according to his parent's wishes, his grandson will continue in the style and title that he has done since birth. End of. That is, assuming the Harkles are still part of the BRF, which I'm beginning to doubt.

The most Archie can expect is to start calling himself Earl Dumbarton when he gets to be 18.

by Anonymousreply 376October 8, 2019 1:12 PM

"You don't buy people like Enninful with money, imbecile at [R372]. Christ you really ARE from retarded CB aren't you"

R374 - I took for granted it had to be money because I do not think Enninful is interested in sleeping with Meghan. Enninful is friends with the best, brightest, most fun and most talented in the Industrial Entertainment Complex. Why would he want to hang out with the boring losers at Buckingham Palace (Fun & crazy Diana left us long ago) .

Do you really think Anna Wintour gives a fat rat's clacker about the "set" that hangs around the White House.

Also, why are you so mean. Snarky and pithy is fun but being mean is just downright bad manners...............even at the DataLounge.

by Anonymousreply 377October 8, 2019 1:21 PM

Let's assume that, while working on Suits, Meghan shows up on set in clothes she's picked herself and having bypassed the hair and makeup trailer. She then bitches all day about the director who complains her face is too shiny to light, and in turn complains that all the other women in the show look better in the rushes than she does. When the show airs, she complains that the Twitterverse says she looks bad in it.

That never happened, of course, because everyone knows that wardrobe, hair and makeup are mandatory on a film set. So why doesn't she understand that having these things attended to by professionals is equally mandatory in her present job? Not only that, would make her job easier by reducing the levels of criticism?

by Anonymousreply 378October 8, 2019 1:24 PM

r376 is right. When he was born, Archie was probably in line to get an HRH. Now? Archie will now never get an HRH. His parents are too disastrous.

by Anonymousreply 379October 8, 2019 1:24 PM

R378-simples. Because Megs knows best. She's incapable of checking her ego.

by Anonymousreply 380October 8, 2019 1:25 PM

Look, r377 guiding fraus like you through the finer points is not what I'm here for.

I'm posting at DataLouge.

If you need handholding, go back to fucking Celebitchy.

by Anonymousreply 381October 8, 2019 1:28 PM

No, R380, that can't be the whole story. My point is that she did what was required when she was working on Suits, despite owning the same ego then. I'm equally sure that if she made another movie next year, she'd do the same again.

So why not now?

by Anonymousreply 382October 8, 2019 1:29 PM

She's poison to herself now, r382. Ego blown out of her own focus. She has no idea who she is anymore. So she throws hot tea on assistants and fires several nannies in succession and gets her main jollies from insisting upon private jets (for 'safety', you understand).

She's the ultimate famewhore monster, writ large.

by Anonymousreply 383October 8, 2019 1:39 PM

R379 - When Archie was born he was in line for an HRH when his grandfather becomes King. Archie is a baby. King Charles will decide if Archie can use HRH at the age of 18 id Archie request such a style which is his due based on the 1917 Letters Patent issued by George V.

IMHO, The sins of the father will not be passed on to the son as Charles III is not like that when it comes to HIS grandchild.

On the death of Harry, Archie will be the Duke of Sussex whether he chooses to use the title in everyday life or not or not.

by Anonymousreply 384October 8, 2019 1:44 PM

The Queen has issued letters patent of her own (including, notably, that all of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s children will have the title of Royal Highness and be styled Princes and Princesses.) The new King will inevitably do the same.

Given his stated preference for a slimmed down monarchy, considering the implicit pressure created by moves like that out of Sweden this week, Archie Handbag won't be getting HRH status ever. Besides, the marriage will be long over by then and the boy will be surfing in California and probably, like grandpa, leaking to the Daily Mail against his ghastly mother.

by Anonymousreply 385October 8, 2019 1:57 PM

Agreed, r384, but these designations are up to the Sovereign for a reason. Archie will never be made HRH. Never.

Duke? Earl? That's all fine but not immune from anything.

It's the HRH that Archie desperately needs to become (relatively) immune to life's slings and arrows. And his parents' selfishness has now ensured he will never, ever get it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386October 8, 2019 2:01 PM

R385 & R386 - Thank you for great responses expressing differences of opinion in this interesting debate. This is how it should be IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 387October 8, 2019 2:08 PM

R382-the difference now is that Meg has no one "above" her to force her to do her job as required. On Suits she had a boss who could fire her if didn't do as she was told. Now she can do whatever she wants and there are no consequences. In fact, Harry enables her bad behavior every step she takes, often following happily and dutifully behind her. I suppose there are consequences, but not the kind she can grasp readily. She wants Windsor Castle and gets Frogmore instead as shade, for example. And of course the press is only too willing to let her hang herself. Meg doesn't see those as results of her behavior, though. She's just being treated unfairly in her mind.

by Anonymousreply 388October 8, 2019 2:23 PM

"Special!" "Powerful!" "Meaningful!" She tosses her usual word salad words with abandon. I don't think I've ever seen a single public person who scans as more disingenuous than Markle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389October 8, 2019 2:32 PM

Suits was the 2nd most watched show in the USA? I find that hard to believe esp with GOT and The Walking Dead and other more popular shows.

I guess Meghan's PR has found this thread.

Suits is the most absurd show, a young lawyer who didn't even graduate law school or doesn't have a law license ( i can't remember) is practicing law in a top law firm LOL. I only saw a few episodes in the first season.

by Anonymousreply 390October 8, 2019 2:33 PM

R390-I know. I had never heard of Suits prior to Meghan landing Harry, and for months I thought she was a Canadian actress. I was surprised that she was American. I loved during their engagement sit-down when the interviewer asked if Harry knew who Meghan was before he met her, and he admitted he did not. Meghan's back visibly straightened, and you could see her whole demeanor harden for a nanosecond. She was not pleased with his answer, and it showed. Someone said she really is the crappiest actress out of everyone in the BRF. Her rapid blinks, smug smirks and body posture are tells that always give her away. Her career was well and truly over after Suits. She would've had to go the reality or game show hosting route following its cancellation.

by Anonymousreply 391October 8, 2019 2:39 PM

But what tiara will Bea wear?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392October 8, 2019 2:42 PM

"Suits was the 2nd most watched show in the USA?"

R390-I think Suits was the second most watched show on generic cable TV. Before Suits, I think the top shows were White Collar and/or Burn Notice. The USA network has a huge following for some reason I cannot explain or understand. Generic Cable (USA, TNT, Fx...etc...etc...) is different from Broadcast TV (ABC, NBC, ABC, FOX and PBS) or Premium Channel (HBO, Starz, Showtime, Movie Channel, Netfix and...etc...etc) fare.

by Anonymousreply 393October 8, 2019 2:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394October 8, 2019 2:49 PM

Proud CB Frau, are you actually a proud CB frau or are you aiming for irony?

by Anonymousreply 395October 8, 2019 2:58 PM

R395 - BOTH!

I regularly check in and post at Celebitchy and have no problem admitting such behavior. Also, I like messing with the trolls who are always talking about the Fraus at CB but have never ever met one! LOL! LOL!

FYI: I AM NOT a Meghanstan!

by Anonymousreply 396October 8, 2019 3:04 PM

My favorite royal child - Prince Louis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397October 8, 2019 3:08 PM

R392 So probably that means no carriage ride, because that’s where the major security expenses come in.

Unless Andrew decides to cough up 2 million pounds out of pocket to ensure that his firstborn daughter gets the same type of wedding as her younger sister. Which he may.

by Anonymousreply 398October 8, 2019 3:09 PM

That would be a smart move on his part, R398. He'd be putting on a free pageant for the poors, which would go a long way toward much needed image rehabilitation. Bread and circuses.

by Anonymousreply 399October 8, 2019 3:12 PM

R397 - Is it just me or does Louis look like Michael Middleton?

by Anonymousreply 400October 8, 2019 3:12 PM

R400 - I think George resembles Michael Middleton too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401October 8, 2019 3:27 PM

Charlotte with her mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402October 8, 2019 3:28 PM

R393, where is your link to prove it?

utter trash shit show.

by Anonymousreply 403October 8, 2019 3:34 PM

Kate sort of had an odd phase there where she looked like she was aging rapidly. Now she seems to have settled into her looks and has become a handsome woman.

by Anonymousreply 404October 8, 2019 3:35 PM

Well, well, the announcement from Sweden has already had an impact on the Windsors: the public, for the first time, will NOT be paying millions of pounds in security for Bea's wedding. That means that the Queen and Andrew will be, very likely, sharing those costs insofar as they exceed the normal costs for the Queen's, Cornwall's, and Cambridge's usual RPOs.

There is also a rumour already floating somewhere that Bea doesn't plan to invite the Harkles, to pay them back for Meghan's maternity coat stunt at Eugenie's wedding.

by Anonymousreply 405October 8, 2019 3:36 PM

yes the Queen should pay. she's rich enough.

by Anonymousreply 406October 8, 2019 3:38 PM

I would be shocked if Bea didn't invite Harry and Meghan. She and Harry grew up together, and she just doesn't strike me as that petty.

by Anonymousreply 407October 8, 2019 3:41 PM

I love it when people hold a grudge on someone else’s behalf. Someone holding a grudge for themselves, that just makes them look petty — but when someone holds a grudge on behalf of someone they care about then that’s a beautiful combination of loyalty, justice, and spite.

by Anonymousreply 408October 8, 2019 3:45 PM

"I would be shocked if Bea didn't invite Harry and Meghan. She and Harry grew up together, and she just doesn't strike me as that petty."

I would be shocked too! I must agree it would be strange as IIRC, Harry was very close to both Beatrice and Eugenie. I am sure the York Princesses like Harry way more than they dislike or hate Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 409October 8, 2019 3:50 PM

R356, the last I heard of Amal Clooney was actually after Archie’s birth. There was that story with oddly specific details about Meghan fleeing to the Clooneys’ country estate. It may have been bullshit (considering the source), but it was never refuted or denied.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410October 8, 2019 3:53 PM

R410-I wonder how she treated the Clooney's servants. I can see her bitching them around and after word got back to Amal and George not being invited back.

by Anonymousreply 411October 8, 2019 3:58 PM

I agree that the only way Archie will ever get an HRH is if all of the Cambridges die in a fiery crash in the next 10 years. Otherwise, the best he'll ever do is His Grace, the Duke of Sussex. It's not just that his parents are disasters, but the wind is quickly blowing away from large Royal families that give out HRHs like candy. I wouldn't be at all surprised if King Charles III issued new letters patent denying the HRH to anyone but the heir and his oldest child and, if need be, his oldest grandchild. No more younger siblings getting it, even if they are the child of the heir or grandheir.

TBH, Charlotte and Louis really shouldn't have the HRH. The York girls and Harry's children definitely shouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 412October 8, 2019 3:58 PM

Agree, R412. If the BRF wants to stay afloat in an age where monarchy and the idea that some people are superior thanks to genetic lottery, then they need to limit it severely. Harry and Meghan are highlighting how utterly absurd the concept is, particularly when the average person on the street manages to behave with better decorum, greater dignity and far more class than either of those two. Take any random member of the poors, and that person will know to show up to an important event in ironed clothing looking professional.

by Anonymousreply 413October 8, 2019 4:03 PM

Given her prospects when she married Harry, Sparkle now seems to epitomize the phrase ...

[quote] She seized defeat from the jaws of victory.

by Anonymousreply 414October 8, 2019 4:11 PM

If something were to happen to Kate and Wills in Pakistan, who gets to bring up the Cambridge kids?

by Anonymousreply 415October 8, 2019 4:25 PM

[quote]There is also a rumour already floating somewhere that Bea doesn't plan to invite the Harkles, to pay them back for Meghan's maternity coat stunt at Eugenie's wedding.

That's wishful thinking. If that royal reporter tweet is accurate there's enough strife behind the scenes. They will not let discord be seen in public because it cheapens them further. They may be seen as a soap opera but it doesn't mean they want to be one.

by Anonymousreply 416October 8, 2019 4:28 PM

I think Charles becomes their legal guardian, R415, and then the nannies are left to raise them.

by Anonymousreply 417October 8, 2019 4:29 PM

R417 - I think you are correct. Charles would become the legal guardian of his orphaned grandchildren. IMHO, Carole Middleton would probably raise them under the guidance of Charles.

by Anonymousreply 418October 8, 2019 4:35 PM

Bea is in a tough spot. She will invite Harry, but will no doubt be left wondering what attention-grabbing stunts Meghan will pull the day of the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 419October 8, 2019 5:49 PM

Bea is in a tough spot. She will invite Harry, but will no doubt be left wondering what attention-grabbing stunts Meghan will pull the day of the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 420October 8, 2019 5:49 PM

All that’s left for Bea to wonder about is whether the maternity coat worn by the thirty-two-hours-pregnant MM will be houndstooth or solid black.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421October 8, 2019 6:23 PM

Perhaps Grandma aka HM can arranged for the Duke and Duchess of Woke to be on a very important tour on Bea's wedding day, somewhere far far away that only they in their wokeness can carry out. HM can release a statement declaring that they are the only people on the planet earth she would ever trust with this highly sensitive tour. Harry will have to drag himself out of bed to do it despite all the problems of the world weighing heavy on his shoulders, poor dear.

by Anonymousreply 422October 8, 2019 6:31 PM

I’ve no doubt that Meghan is already doing her level best to get pregnant as soon as possible. Medical advice says to wait a full year between pregnancies, but Sparkles doesn’t have time for that.

by Anonymousreply 423October 8, 2019 6:33 PM

Have Harry and Bea been super chummy in adult life ? These minor royal weddings/christenings happen and the whole family rarely show up. No show from the Sussex would be not unusual and a welcome relief for all. Do normal people go to all of their cousin's weddings? I certainly don't.

Great if no public funds for Bea and Edo, it should never have happened for either harry or Eug.

People who quota letters patent 1917, Charles can change that easily, it is not written in stone.

Archie when he gets Duke of Sussex has no land or ancestral home to go with the title, so not much cachet..like those mad euros who cling on to defunct titles but can get actresses into bed.

by Anonymousreply 424October 8, 2019 6:36 PM

[422] I'm thinking the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 425October 8, 2019 6:47 PM

One thing I have felt like saying. the first house I bought was one in a terrace of six cottages that was also a grade 2 listed building. It really is no big deal and all the houses had bathrooms built on the back. Some of my neighbours had the ground floor knocked open and i had the original hall and two tiny rooms. Really a lot of the stuff they are saying about it costs so much because it is a listed building is absolute BS. Interior stuff is about grade ones, grade two...rip up a floor and put concrete,all fine.

by Anonymousreply 426October 8, 2019 7:09 PM

For all those chomping at the bit that something terrible will happen to the Cambridges in Pakistan need to get their heads out of their asses. Ain’t no way in hell Pakistan is going to screw this up. The country is riding a wave of good PR vis a vis positive tourism stories both on social media and publications like Forbes, which named it one of top places to visit this year. I had the opportunity to visit earlier this year and it was the BEST trip of my life. The place was beautiful and the people are incredibly hospitable. The country is immersed in history, art, architecture, age old craftsmanship, and natural beauty. And as a regular person, I found the security to be top notch, especially in public attractions. Guards, checkpoints and police everywhere. Also, Pakistan has opened up its borders to Sikhs from India and abroad for religious pilgrimages and not a single terrorist incident has occurred, even given the long animosity between Indians and Pakistanis. Not saying the country is perfect, but I think it’s riskier to visit the US with its daily mass shootings. You can’t even go to the damn movies or a fucking Walmart without worrying if you’ll be shot dead.

by Anonymousreply 427October 8, 2019 7:13 PM

The Queen is back in residence at Buckingham Palace after her Scottish holiday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428October 8, 2019 8:12 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429October 8, 2019 8:12 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430October 8, 2019 8:13 PM

R424, I think it would be very noticeable if Harry and Meghan didn't attend Beatrice's wedding. I'm pretty sure all the Queen's grandchildren have attended each other's weddings so far. It would instantly spark speculation of a family feud, which wouldn't be good publicity for either side - the right-wing press would claim that Meghan has alienated herself from the BRF, whereas the left-wing press would claim that the BRF is isolating Meghan the way they isolated Diana (with a side order of racial tension).

by Anonymousreply 431October 8, 2019 8:33 PM

Agree, R431-the best thing for both sides is for the Harkles to attend while everyone else grits their teeth. The Dook and his Duchass may not care, though, if they bugger off stateside, they might just cite pressing "charity obligations."

by Anonymousreply 432October 8, 2019 8:36 PM

Wonder why Camilla wasn't at Harry's wedding. There must be quite a story there.....

by Anonymousreply 433October 8, 2019 8:45 PM

r431, Not true, William missed Peter Philips and kate went in lieu.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434October 8, 2019 8:46 PM

Some of the sordid details from Harry's lawsuit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435October 8, 2019 8:47 PM

r435, Some interesting parts.

As a health professional. a long while back there was a serious press pack accosting us as we came in and out of our building during the last weeks of a major British celebrity. Senior hospital management came and gave us the hard word about how we shouldn't talk,but we knew that. Unfortunately not all staff are health professionals and leaks occurred.

by Anonymousreply 436October 8, 2019 9:09 PM

Of course, now everyone is going to want to know what the Sun found out.

by Anonymousreply 437October 8, 2019 9:11 PM

437-exactly, Chelsy is going to be thrilled to have her medical history public for all to see. That Harry-what a pal!

by Anonymousreply 438October 8, 2019 9:14 PM

r438. oh shit yes,that is really twatty of him. Good god. Poor Chelsy.

by Anonymousreply 439October 8, 2019 9:16 PM

Well now Dimwit is going to have to have contact with Chelsy which I bet was not in the Duchess of Excess's plan -- she's going to rage at any contact between them and Dimwit will be on the receiving end of that fury. Good luck with that Henry!

by Anonymousreply 440October 8, 2019 9:31 PM

[quote]Snarky and pithy is fun but being mean is just downright bad manners...............even at the DataLounge.

Clearly you haven't been here very long or stepped outside the BRF threads R377. Maybe you should go back to CB

by Anonymousreply 441October 8, 2019 10:11 PM

Don't come in and tell us long-termers what is and isn't ok at Datalounge. For starters you aren't even gay which immediately makes you unwelcome. Some of us have been here for decades and don't need your irrelevant opinion on what is and isn't ok here. You're lucky you're not posting outside this thread where you will be called a cunt for even being here.

by Anonymousreply 442October 8, 2019 10:40 PM

^^^ directed at R377

by Anonymousreply 443October 8, 2019 10:41 PM

I have to agree, proud whatever she is has overstepped. You don't arrive new and try to set the tone. Or lecture.

by Anonymousreply 444October 8, 2019 10:48 PM

The person who keeps starting threads without filling up the last one must not have been here long either - otherwise they'd know that it will eventually mean a ban on the topic because it pisses people off.

by Anonymousreply 445October 8, 2019 10:50 PM

Although if a ban gets rid of Proud CBFrau it might just be worth it.

by Anonymousreply 446October 8, 2019 10:52 PM

everyone knows emergency appendectomy = miscarriage

by Anonymousreply 447October 8, 2019 11:08 PM

Who is having an appendectomy

by Anonymousreply 448October 8, 2019 11:25 PM

R445, apparently these threads go behind a paywall. I don't know because I can afford $1.50 a month. But these cheapies/bankrupts start these new threads to dodge the paywall. The original OP used to fetishize the tone and terms of these threads, aiming to conquer the usual Datalounge frees for all. For all we know it's gone stealth instead of away and is the 1.50 dodger too.

by Anonymousreply 449October 8, 2019 11:39 PM

[quote]This is how it should be IMHO.

Is there anything more cloying than IMHO? Not least because anyone using it is typically possessed of anything but a HO.

by Anonymousreply 450October 8, 2019 11:42 PM

Part 97 is now up!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451October 8, 2019 11:45 PM

[quote]Wonder why Camilla wasn't at Harry's wedding. There must be quite a story there.....

She missed Eugenie's wedding. She was at Harry's and stole the show with Kate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452October 8, 2019 11:46 PM

The looks between the two of them as the southern black preacher screeched down the house (or, Abbey) were priceless

by Anonymousreply 453October 8, 2019 11:49 PM

[quote]apparently these threads go behind a paywall

Then the thread starter should just pay the $1.50 because if the board ends up being spammed full of non-full threads, Muriel takes a harsh view as do all the other members who start FFing them.

by Anonymousreply 454October 9, 2019 12:27 AM

OH fuck off, hall monitor at r454. Muriel doesn't give a shit if the thread is at 400, 500 or 600 when people move on to a new one.

by Anonymousreply 455October 9, 2019 12:41 AM

F&F R451

by Anonymousreply 456October 9, 2019 12:42 AM

They do if it is fucking with their revenue R455.

by Anonymousreply 457October 9, 2019 1:21 AM

Elton Uncensored: 'I ‘forgot’ to tell gran we had the queen mum for lunch...'

When my grandmother became a widow in her 70s, I moved her into a flat in the grounds of my house Woodside.

I could drop in to see her whenever I wanted, but I could also keep the madness of my life away from her, protect her from all the excess and stupidity.

In 1976, she was weeding her borders when the Queen Mother came to Woodside for lunch.

I’d met her at the home of [film-maker] Bryan Forbes and we’d got on well — I’d been invited to the Royal Lodge in Windsor for dinner. In fact, the Queen Mother was really good fun.

After the meal, she’d insisted that we dance to her favourite record, which turned out to be an old Irish drinking song called Slattery’s Mounted Fut: I think Val Doonican recorded a version.

So, having enjoyed the surreal experience of dancing with the Queen Mum to an Irish drinking song, there seemed no harm in inviting her to lunch.

And when she accepted, I decided it would be hilarious not to tell my grandmother in advance. I just called her over: ‘Come here, Gran — there’s someone who wants to meet you.’ Unfortunately, my grandmother didn’t see the funny side of it. All hell broke loose when the Queen Mother left.

‘How could you do that to me? Standing there talking to the Queen Mum in my bleedin’ wellies and gardening gloves! I’ve never been so embarrassed in my life! Don’t ever do that to me again!’

by Anonymousreply 458October 9, 2019 1:29 AM

A Duke of Edinburgh story:

Elton Uncensored: 'You look a bloody fool, said Philip'

Supporting Watford football club was something that ran through my whole life, something that stayed the same when everything else had changed beyond recognition.

Vicarage Road was five or six miles from where I was born. It connected me to my roots, reminded me that no matter how successful I was, I was still a working-class boy from a council house in Pinner.

And I loved the club. So when the chairman offered to sell me Watford outright in the spring of 1976, I said yes.

After matches, I’d go to the Supporters’ Club, meet with Watford fans and listen to what they had to say.

I wanted them to know that we weren’t taking them for granted, that without the supporters Watford was nothing.

I threw huge parties for the players and staff at Woodside, my house in Old Windsor, with five-a-side games and egg and spoon races. I bought an Aston Martin, had it painted in Watford’s colours — yellow, with a red and black stripe down the middle — and drove to away games in it; I called it the Chairman’s Car.

I didn’t realise how much attention it had attracted until I was introduced to Prince Philip. ‘You live near Windsor Castle, don’t you?’ he asked. ‘Have you seen the bloody idiot who drives around that area in his ghastly car? It’s bright yellow with a ridiculous stripe on it. Do you know him?’

‘Yes, Your Highness. It’s actually me.’

He didn’t appear particularly taken aback by this news at all.

In fact, he seemed quite pleased to have found the idiot in question, so that he could give him the benefit of his advice.

‘What the hell are you thinking? Ridiculous. Makes you look like a bloody fool. Get rid of it.’

by Anonymousreply 459October 9, 2019 1:30 AM

Just saying....

Come here, make an ass of oneself, shit everywhere and whine how "mean" posters are....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460October 9, 2019 1:37 AM

Oh Fergie...NEVER change.

I thought that was a nasty satire headline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461October 9, 2019 1:47 AM

[quote]I've known Edo since he was four, and he's got a lovely mum.

Not something I would say - gotta love Fergie though.

by Anonymousreply 462October 9, 2019 1:50 AM

R360 Suits was most certainly NOT the second most watched show in the U.S., it was popular on the USA network, a non mainstream basic cable channel, but it was not well known nationally. R377 Meghan's PR claims her Vogue issue did well, but if that's true then why was the price reduced to £2 for that oh-so-important September issue? Also, Enninful hangs out with trashy people like his ex Markus Anderson and the Soho crew, not dignified, glamorous people. Its helpful to do one's research before posting.

by Anonymousreply 463October 9, 2019 6:14 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464October 9, 2019 6:38 AM

Kim K tried to send a very expensive baby present to Kate which was promptly returned, probably without a note.

by Anonymousreply 465October 9, 2019 6:43 AM

R360/R463 It might have been the second most popular show on the USA NETWORK, definitely not in the United States. I knew of it, but had never seen an episode and could name maybe two cast members, neither of which were MM.

Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Downton Abbey it was not.

by Anonymousreply 466October 9, 2019 6:55 AM

[quote]It's the kiss of reputation death: Kim Kartrashian publicly defends and endorses the Harkles

That just screams trash, trash, TRASH!

by Anonymousreply 467October 9, 2019 7:10 AM

I forgot about that r465. You're right. Kimmy has been trying to get in with the Windsors for a while, it seems. Kim is deluded (a bit like Meg!)

I'm sure the Harkles consider themselves far, far above Trashy Kim (I'm not so sure they are, at this stage, but at least there's no Kardashianite Markle sex tape - so far) and loathe that she is among their celebrity supporters.

But just imagine how fucking hilarious it would be if they did a stint on KUWTK? The stuff Lolcow dreams are MADE OF

by Anonymousreply 468October 9, 2019 7:12 AM

I hope the Ks talk about the Harkles on that show; eg, say how they came out in support for them, and it wasn't even acknowledged.

by Anonymousreply 469October 9, 2019 7:39 AM

When Will and Kate see this particular celebrity endorsement they are going to laugh and laugh

by Anonymousreply 470October 9, 2019 7:51 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471October 9, 2019 10:37 AM

What does this have to do with the BRF, r471? Start your own thread on 'Nonentity British Slebs' if you want to post that crap

by Anonymousreply 472October 9, 2019 10:58 AM

r472, harry is claiming the sun hacked his phone. it ain't neccessarily so.

by Anonymousreply 473October 9, 2019 11:08 AM

No you're right - it isn't necessarily so. Why did he wait 15 years to lodge this case?

by Anonymousreply 474October 9, 2019 11:39 AM

Because he wants attention. Because he wants to take the spotlight away from his brother's upcoming tour. Because he is impulsive and doesn't think things through. Because he wants to embarrass his family.

by Anonymousreply 475October 9, 2019 12:01 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476October 9, 2019 12:26 PM

Kate seems so poised and comfortable in her own skin these days.

by Anonymousreply 477October 9, 2019 12:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478October 9, 2019 12:34 PM

Kate always looks so smart and modern when she wears black, and yet she wears it so seldom. She should lose the culottes and baggy trousers however.

by Anonymousreply 479October 9, 2019 1:16 PM

Agreed, r479

Culottes are a major fashion misstep for Kate the Great

by Anonymousreply 480October 9, 2019 1:35 PM

Was looking at the photos of Kate on the Maul... she really is coming into her own... I think she's one of those women who has actually become more attractive as she's aged. She's not beautiful but she's striking. Sophie Wessex is the same. She's obviously put on some middle age pounds but she looks great these days too...

by Anonymousreply 481October 9, 2019 2:21 PM

An explanation as to why Dim and Divorcee rushed their lawsuits announcement.

After October 1 the Einsteins would have had their matter heard before the Queen’s Bench Division of the High Court. Right now it is at the Chancery Division which has a reputation for being more pro-plaintiff than sympathetic to media. So speculation is they went where their lawyers advised they'd have better odds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482October 9, 2019 8:43 PM

I see that admin has closed a royal family thread. Thanks Cheap OP!

by Anonymousreply 483October 10, 2019 1:02 AM

odd plant... moving to Canada?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484October 10, 2019 2:35 AM

Maybe...? Hope they don't move here - we don't take kindly to snobs.

by Anonymousreply 485October 10, 2019 2:47 AM

The Einsteins, R482. Chortle!

by Anonymousreply 486October 10, 2019 6:32 AM

Just watched some Instagram video of Harry with Ed Sheeran, with the sound off. Struck yet again how he constantly waves his hands around while talking. Actually, all the young royals do it. You'd think they were Italian.

Anyone else find this earnest focus on "mental health" a bit odd?

by Anonymousreply 487October 10, 2019 12:33 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488October 10, 2019 1:43 PM

R326 I can’t see that happening. I think Pa Markle is guileless. He just doesn’t present as anyone who has a crafty bone in his body. There is another parent from whom MM may have well learnt her grafting ways. Thomas just doesn’t give off those vibes.

by Anonymousreply 489October 17, 2019 6:52 AM

R376 Archie was not in line for an HRH at birth. To get that title, currently, he has to be the grandchild of the monarch, which would mean that HM would have gone to her eternal reward, placing Charles on the throne. Whether Arch is raised to the dizzying heights of HRHdom is yet to be seen, but given that is how his parents received theirs, (by being the grandson of ER), then it would be only fair to presume that would happen. After all, if the King of Sweden can throw some of his descendants off the title train, then Charles surely could enact the Letters Patent.

by Anonymousreply 490October 17, 2019 7:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!