Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I Want To Be Underwhelmed (Fall/Winter 2019 edition)

Carry on, but try not to get carried away.

by Anonymousreply 420February 12, 2020 12:00 AM

I'm sitting in my garage eating a turkey and cheese sandwich and looking out the windows at the clouds.

by Anonymousreply 1September 29, 2019 12:30 AM

Laying in bed, trying to decide if I want ice cream badly enough to go downstairs to the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 2September 29, 2019 2:44 AM

Go ahead, R2. You know you want to.

by Anonymousreply 3September 29, 2019 3:10 AM

Psst, R2 ... [bold] lying[/bold] in bed, not laying in bed, unless your evening is a lot more whelming than mine.

by Anonymousreply 4September 29, 2019 6:37 AM

I often lie in bed for quite a long time wondering how long I can put off going to the bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 5September 29, 2019 2:55 PM

Sunday afternoon, beautiful outside, still summer. I have to go the grocery store and buy some cumin.

by Anonymousreply 6September 29, 2019 6:32 PM

Still summer in D.C., also. On Wednesday, the high is expected to be 96. On Oct. 2nd. But it looks like we'll be getting cooler temperatures starting next weekend.

by Anonymousreply 7September 29, 2019 6:37 PM

In Atlanta, summer's never going to end, 95 degrees nearly every day in September. It *almost* rained south of town last night, but did not make it to me. It hasn't rained in about 3 or 4 weeks, not supposed to for at least a week. Ominous.

by Anonymousreply 8September 29, 2019 6:40 PM

Used up 5 over-ripened bananas in banana choc chip recipe. Loaded up it up with oats, flax and milled flax seeds. I should have put in raisins but forgot.

by Anonymousreply 9September 29, 2019 7:13 PM

Yes, still summer in Philadelphia, too, but a beautiful day - blue sky, fluffy clouds, pleasant breeze. Last night it rained, finally.

by Anonymousreply 10September 29, 2019 9:39 PM

I'm feeling lazy on this summery Sunday. I'm going to make barbecue meatballs for dinner. Take frozen meatballs, pour bottled barbecue sauce over them. Bake. Tasty, but not whelmingly so.

by Anonymousreply 11September 29, 2019 9:42 PM

Ugh, r9, leave out the raisins, the rest sounds whelming.

r11, over pasta?

by Anonymousreply 12September 29, 2019 9:45 PM

That's not a bad idea, R12, but no. With mashed potatoes, inspired by this thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 29, 2019 9:48 PM

Oh. I like mashed potatoes.

by Anonymousreply 14September 29, 2019 9:55 PM

I cleaned the algae and crud off my vinyl fence. I used Mr. Clean Magic erasers and water. It looks like new. Well, almost.

by Anonymousreply 15September 29, 2019 10:54 PM

I realized I've been digging between my first molar and premolar on the upper right side of my mouth to get some Cheez-It Grooves mash out, but it's not working.

I don't care.

My tongue hurts a little.

by Anonymousreply 16September 29, 2019 10:57 PM

Apparently some idiot country elected Donal Trump prime minister or something.

How stupid. Some little island? Idiot natives.

by Anonymousreply 17September 29, 2019 10:59 PM

I think it's sunny out but don't want to get up to check. My shutters are closed. I like the room dark.

by Anonymousreply 18September 29, 2019 11:00 PM

[quote]Apparently some idiot country elected Donal Trump prime minister or something.

Were the election results legitimate or the result of Russian meddling?

by Anonymousreply 19September 29, 2019 11:14 PM

R19, who knows? I didn't catch what country it is.

Or maybe it was a tv series. Some horror show. Handmaiden-Man in the High Castle-1984-type nightmare show.

I'm not going to watch it. Sounds terrible. And if it has anything about Russians in the plot that's just lazy writing. How dull and typical.

by Anonymousreply 20September 30, 2019 12:12 AM

R15, you have algae on your fence? Do you live in a pineapple under the sea?

by Anonymousreply 21September 30, 2019 4:26 AM

It’s a thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 30, 2019 5:17 AM

Huh. I had no idea. I live in the desert and in the summer there is almost no humidity. On our last windy day there were literal tumbleweeds rolling across the highway. No algae here.

by Anonymousreply 23September 30, 2019 5:34 AM

There’s a butterfly taking a drink at my birdbath.

by Anonymousreply 24September 30, 2019 3:35 PM

I painted my foundation.

Green, to match the roof.

The paint was on sale.

I have to go lie down now.

by Anonymousreply 25September 30, 2019 9:53 PM

I got so whelmed by the heat and humidity today I took a Lyft home. It reeked of air "freshener" just as strongly as an Uber. Why do they have to be so trashy?

by Anonymousreply 26October 3, 2019 5:34 PM

It was 96 in D.C. yesterday, the hottest October day on record. I was whelmed the entire day.

by Anonymousreply 27October 3, 2019 8:46 PM

I'm reading this stupid thread.

by Anonymousreply 28October 3, 2019 8:50 PM

I opened some boxes and stuff in my storage locker and moved them around. Then I left.

by Anonymousreply 29October 3, 2019 8:57 PM

Can I have your stuff, r29?

by Anonymousreply 30October 3, 2019 10:03 PM

Trump eliminated on a golf course, might be a good thing. Maybe if he got too near a water trap and an anaconda jumped out of the water and dragged him under? It is a nice picture.

by Anonymousreply 31October 3, 2019 10:09 PM

I have a jar of lemon curd and a spoon....this won't end well.

by Anonymousreply 32October 3, 2019 10:14 PM

My husband is watching a show about making stained glass on PBS and remarking from time to time on how interesting it is

by Anonymousreply 33October 3, 2019 10:18 PM

The maid came today. After she left, I realized she hadn't bothered to move a chair in the living room to vacuum under it. I had to do it myself.

by Anonymousreply 34October 4, 2019 12:04 AM

My neighbours just put their Halloween lights up. Looks something like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 4, 2019 1:12 AM

[quote]The maid came today. After she left, I realized she hadn't bothered to move a chair in the living room to vacuum under it. I had to do it myself.

You weren't mad at her, you were mad at the dirt!

by Anonymousreply 36October 4, 2019 2:00 AM

Hey r34, you did not have to do that. When she comes next week, you just ask her to do it. You train your worker, it is nothing new.

by Anonymousreply 37October 4, 2019 3:54 AM

R37 she comes every two weeks. I didn't want to wait that long. Sometimes I eat in that chair, and there could be (were, in fact) crumbs under it. And I'll definitely tell her; I thought it was obvious, but apparently not.

by Anonymousreply 38October 4, 2019 4:49 AM

I can’t watch scary movies. I think they’ve gotten it down to a scientist, and are just too good at scaring people.

by Anonymousreply 39October 4, 2019 4:50 AM

I changed from a 5b planting zone to a nine and it’s trippy. Can’t afford a garden so I’ll spy on your shit.

by Anonymousreply 40October 4, 2019 2:32 PM

I had a very satisfying erotic dream this morning.

by Anonymousreply 41October 4, 2019 2:38 PM

R34, maybe she DID vacuum under the chair but sat down to watch her stories while enjoying a snack. She just forgot to clean up after herself!

by Anonymousreply 42October 4, 2019 5:10 PM

There was a ghost under the chair and I don’t want the whelming.

by Anonymousreply 43October 4, 2019 5:22 PM

[quote] I think they’ve gotten it down to a scientist

It's ALWAYS the scientist.

by Anonymousreply 44October 4, 2019 9:07 PM

The maid was in a hurry to get to her next job. At that job, she did not remove the cushions from the couch...crumbs.

by Anonymousreply 45October 4, 2019 10:30 PM

I put the heat on today because I like it toasty.

by Anonymousreply 46October 5, 2019 4:51 PM

Haagen Dazs was BOGO at Publix, I got Pineapple Coconut and Irish Cream Brownie.

by Anonymousreply 47October 5, 2019 4:58 PM

I swept the leaves from my porch; they are back again.

by Anonymousreply 48October 5, 2019 5:05 PM

It got down to 47 in D.C. last night, after hitting 96 degrees on Wednesday.

I did not put the heat on.

by Anonymousreply 49October 5, 2019 5:16 PM

Sunday morning. I'm making pancakes. I wish I had thought to buy some blueberries when I was shopping yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 50October 6, 2019 2:21 PM

I had lunch then went to the laudromat. Waiting for the dryer, I ventured out and found myself in the pizzeria next door buying a slice of cheese pizzza.It was hot and so good.

by Anonymousreply 51October 6, 2019 8:09 PM

There's a debate about whether Wikipedia should use the term "maize" or "corn". Apparently this is serious fucking business.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 8, 2019 6:41 PM

Popmaize? I don’t think so.

by Anonymousreply 53October 8, 2019 6:46 PM

I pulled out a few of my sweatshirts and light sweaters anticipating a dip in temperatures that never arrived and put away my summer attire. It’s 80 degrees and I want to wear One of my polos and khakis but they’re now behind three boxes of Christmas ornaments.

by Anonymousreply 54October 8, 2019 7:01 PM

I’m only going to say this once in this thread, even though it applies to multiple posts:

That’s a shame. ™

by Anonymousreply 55October 9, 2019 7:07 PM

Hello all, Purple Martin Landlord here, checking in. My Martins have migrated back to Brazil after successfully fledgling 19 young. One mother lost four babies to an attack of some sort, but I'll be damned if she didn't quicky lay, hatch, and fledge another four. It was very energy intensive and under the gun heat-wise, yet she pulled it off. They fledged a month after the rest of the families, but the other families waited until the last mom had fledged all her nestlings to start their journey southward together.

Busy as ever it seems, but think of you all. Will check in when I have time.

by Anonymousreply 56October 9, 2019 7:15 PM

I got this frozen Cheese Spaetzle at Aldi, it's good. They only have it a couple times a year. Haven't tried the other flavors.

Also good is the frozen Spinach and Ricotta Strudel, it too is only available occasionally.

I recommend both without reservation.

Carry on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57October 9, 2019 7:18 PM

I drove to work today instead of taking the train. Traffic was heavy, but I was unbothered because I was in my own bubble listening to NPR.

First they played recordings of some children talking about their hatred of addiction because it put their dads in jail, followed by a reading of Trump's tweets, and then there was a pledge drive break. It was nice.

by Anonymousreply 58October 11, 2019 1:15 AM

I finally washed my car and hit a large bug on the windshield on the way home.

by Anonymousreply 59October 11, 2019 4:30 AM

That was inevitable, R59. It's an inviolable law of nature.

by Anonymousreply 60October 11, 2019 1:57 PM

I went to my nephew's first birthday party. We had ice cream cake.

by Anonymousreply 61October 11, 2019 2:13 PM

London.

Pretty gloomy here. There's been a lot of rain and not much sunshine.

Went down to Wholefoods in Kensington for breakfast. Had scrambled eggs, bacon & sausage. It was SO good. I guess they put a ton of cream in their eggs to make them taste that nice.

Went into M&S - they have their Christmas trees up. Decided not to let it bug me. They can do what they fucking want.

The roman blind in my guest bedroom has broken. Had to call around to places to see if I can get it fixed. They all require photos and emails these days.

by Anonymousreply 62October 11, 2019 2:14 PM

The cracker cuts I bought at Trader Joe’s were rubbery so I tried them with two different crackers but it just wasn’t satisfying enough. I called Trader Joe’s to see if I could bring it back but my Mother called when I was on hold and I ended up eating a few more pieces out of boredom and now it’s half full. I don’t think I can bring them back now unless I create a lie but I already did that last time with the whipped cream that I impulsively just used as a stimulant.

by Anonymousreply 63October 11, 2019 3:35 PM

Who bothers to return cracker cuts? Especially if it involves creating a lie? It seems a very frau-ish thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 64October 11, 2019 4:11 PM

I think oatmeal upsets my stomach.

Or, it could be the copious amount of strong, straight-up no sugar or milk variations, caffeinated black coffee I put into my empty stomach.

I'll decide which one it is and then report back because you know you're on edge with my decision.

by Anonymousreply 65October 12, 2019 12:27 PM

Still on edge, R65.

Finally enjoying fall-like weather in the D.C. area. This morning I had oatmeal for the first time this season. I don't know why oatmeal would cause you to have an upset stomach. It strikes me as something one might eat after having had an upset stomach.

by Anonymousreply 66October 13, 2019 4:55 PM

I have a canker and had orange juice. My life is over.

by Anonymousreply 67October 13, 2019 8:03 PM

I just watched the latest two full episodes of Poldark on pbs.org. I'm all caught up now and can resume regular Sunday night viewing.

by Anonymousreply 68October 13, 2019 8:11 PM

[quote]The cracker cuts I bought at Trader Joe’s were rubbery

[quote]Who bothers to return cracker cuts?

What are "cracker cuts"?

by Anonymousreply 69October 13, 2019 8:33 PM

Little squares of cheddar cheese (or Colby or pepperjack or whatever) made to fit neatly on top of crackers, R69, to spare you from the arduous task of cutting up a block of cheese yourself.

by Anonymousreply 70October 13, 2019 10:49 PM

I’m go8ng to watch HBO’s Rome on Amazon Prime. I liked it better than Game of Thrones but apparently HBO audiences didn’t because it only has 2 seasons.

by Anonymousreply 71October 13, 2019 11:10 PM

Oh, that should be fun, R71.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72October 13, 2019 11:56 PM

Canker? Oh, you mean a herpes lesion.

by Anonymousreply 73October 14, 2019 8:32 AM

Cankers aren’t herpetic, they are aphthous ulcers. They’re small, shallow and they are not contagious.

Herpetic lesions are caused by herpes virus (HSV) and they are contagious. On the mouth, they are often called “cold sores” in English. Cold sores are not cankers and are not related to cankers in any way.

A chancre is a lesion caused by syphilis. Primary chancre is painless and appears on the genitals or the tongue/mouth.

Cankers, cold sores and chancres are unrelated to each other.

by Anonymousreply 74October 14, 2019 4:07 PM

Thank you, r74. Munch on a dried cat turd, r73.

by Anonymousreply 75October 14, 2019 7:50 PM

There was a little of the roast pork left from the weekend roast, so I chopped it up and put it in the salad. It was unremarkable.

by Anonymousreply 76October 14, 2019 8:07 PM

I just realized Trader Joe’s doesn’t sell its mini pot pies anymore. There’s no reason for me to go there anymore. They’ve dropped every single thing I ever bought there.

by Anonymousreply 77October 14, 2019 8:39 PM

r77

Have you tried these pies at TJ's? They are calorie bombs but delicious. I believe there is a chicken version also.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78October 14, 2019 8:50 PM

I broke my ankle the other day, so I get to be lazy for six weeks or so. I’d rather not.

by Anonymousreply 79October 14, 2019 10:13 PM

Sorry to hear that, R79. I can be lazy for weeks at a time without having any sort of excuse.

by Anonymousreply 80October 14, 2019 10:20 PM

I'm whelmed again. My dr changed my BP medication. She told me to start at 5 mg and go up to 10 mg depending on what my BP is and I cannot get the goddamned bp cuff around my arm. It's like 30 fucking feet long, I can't tighten it and I can't get the Velcro on the correct side. Now I've got a headache from trying to use it and I'm not sure if I have a headache because my blood pressure is high.

by Anonymousreply 81October 16, 2019 12:45 AM

Ah, I finished ROME. I really wish there had been more seasons. It did drag a bit in the second season - too many sex/fighting scenes with Antony/Attia and drugged up, painted Antony/Cleopatra filling up time. I found the actress playing Cleopatra unattractive. I know Cleopatra herself was unattractive, so it was somewhat historically accurate. Also found Livia strange looking.

I noticed the scene with naked Brutus was not the actor who played Brutus. Throughout the series Brutus had short hair and was unshaven, but in the naked scene he had long hair, a beard and a mustache. This was to disguise the face of the body double as he did the dick scene.

GoT and ROME episodes each cost $10M apiece but not enough of an audience for ROME.

by Anonymousreply 82October 16, 2019 4:14 AM

There’s a Nor'easter a-commin’

by Anonymousreply 83October 16, 2019 5:33 PM

We had a nor’easter last week. It turned into a subtropical Storm they named Melissa.

October has been a shitty month so far. Usually my birthday & the Jewish holidays have good weather but we’ve had too much rain & wind. Now another storm coming & those goddamned weather people all excited about a “bomb cyclone.”

by Anonymousreply 84October 16, 2019 5:38 PM

OMG! It’s a bomb cyclone! Run! Be afraid!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85October 16, 2019 7:03 PM

How come we never heard about "bomb cyclones" until a few years ago? There's always some new gimmick.

by Anonymousreply 86October 16, 2019 11:52 PM

And whatever happened to El Niño and La Niña? I remember when they were the big bugaboos. Now you never hear about them.

by Anonymousreply 87October 17, 2019 8:46 PM

What happened to the Ozone Layer? Did it fill up again?

by Anonymousreply 88October 17, 2019 9:12 PM

I'm sick of this damn wind.

by Anonymousreply 89October 18, 2019 2:02 AM

There's a deer in my backyard and omg, the noise she makes! There's only one of her but the grunting and snorting sounds like it's the size of a fucking dinosaur. I listened to deer sounds online and it's nothing like this deer. It scares the crap out of me nevause I've never had deer in my yard before.

by Anonymousreply 90October 18, 2019 3:45 AM

There was an amazingly bright sun dog today, bright blue and red on the ends with a blur of yellowish green in the center. Brighter and more colorful than this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91October 20, 2019 2:10 AM

My english muffin was not the fork split kind, so I had to slice it with a knife. I enjoyed it, so I guess it was worth the effort.

by Anonymousreply 92October 21, 2019 11:05 PM

I found out that I was blamed for an unflushed toilet at work. I never use that bathroom to do anything other than wash my hands and check my hair. I prefer to use the unisex toilet on the fifth floor because I can lock it for privacy. No one could give me an adequate reason why I received the blame. I even brutally asked if everyone thought I was 'a shitty person', pun intended. I just got shrugs.

by Anonymousreply 93October 21, 2019 11:17 PM

I don't feel like dealing with the holidays this year, which are fast approaching.

My coworker just called me and I didn't answer

by Anonymousreply 94October 21, 2019 11:20 PM

I'm sitting at my computer listening to DAVID SOUL singing Don't Give Up On Us Baby.

by Anonymousreply 95October 22, 2019 12:32 AM

That may be the single-most underwhelming post ever, R95.

Kudos!

by Anonymousreply 96October 22, 2019 12:36 AM

I made an overwhelming, a bit too salty, chicken, wild rice and noodle soup. Not from scratch.

I used store-bought Swanson chicken broth, a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken(traditional, not the over seasoned garlicky kind).

I sautéed in vegetable oil onion, carrots and celery (carrots first because they take longer to tenderize) added them to the chicken broth, added more water and a tablespoon of Better-Than-Bouillon Roasted Chicken Soup base, threw in skinny egg noodles and a can of pre-cooked wild rice and cubed the rotisserie chicken. brought it to a simmer covered and let it cook until noodles were done.

I took two smaller Ziploc tubs and covers filled them with the soup and threw those in the freezer and already polished off what I put in fridge.

Underwhelmed, bitches?

Next time, I'll use more the chicken base and use lower sodium broth.

by Anonymousreply 97October 22, 2019 12:44 AM

R95, the suicide hotline is available 24-hours a day.

by Anonymousreply 98October 22, 2019 12:45 AM

R93 needs to get a new job.

by Anonymousreply 99October 22, 2019 4:08 PM

I had a Tate's Chocolate Chip Cookie -- it was very good and I was satiated but I realized it would have been better had I dunked it in cold milk -- so I went back and had another one and dunked it in milk, delicious. Had I dunked the first one in milk I would have saved myself the necessity of the second one.

Moral of the story: Dunk first.

by Anonymousreply 100October 22, 2019 4:14 PM

I think I'm coming down with one of those things people come down with. My nose and throat hurt, and I ache all over, but I have arthritis, so who knows on that front? I'm not coughing, thankfully. I decided to stay in today. I made a big pot of chili.

I'm hoping not to become overwhelmed.

by Anonymousreply 101October 22, 2019 4:16 PM

You do realize that a serving of Tate’s is the entire plastic tray?

by Anonymousreply 102October 22, 2019 4:41 PM

I live in the town where Tate’s was started and we never needed no plastic trays. Just a paper sack of cookies when it was Kathleen’s and when it was just local Tate’s

.There’s no need for all that plastic to junk up the oceans.

by Anonymousreply 103October 22, 2019 8:56 PM

This post is both whelming and underwhelming. I apologize in advance.

I'm visiting my mother and we had an argument a bit ago. It was a large, raging, mean, spiteful argument -- the type we have a history of waging perhaps every three to four years. She is widowed. I am 48 and single. We both love one another and hate one another. I believe this is common of many families. Always has been, always will be. Before I retired to my childhood bedroom for the night, I took enough Valium and painkillers to tranquilize an elephant. I feel no effects. I can't hear my mother now, wailing downstairs. She's talking to herself, talking to me, talking to her dead husband, talking to her cats.

This hurts me deeply, though I would only make things worse if I were to attempt to talk to her. She would escalate further, as is her pattern, whereas I am largely numb, having expunged my largely insignificant grievances from my system. It also helps that I've purposely loaded up on the previously mentioned meds.

Why do we do this? Why are we unable to alter this cyclical behavior? Why am I so resigned to being forever miserable? Why is she? Why do we both blame and shame one another? Why do I forever feel eight years old? This is the life I've chosen to fashion for myself. I don't know why. I'm sad. And I'm sad that this happens to so many other people.

I just wanted to write this down so that I can return to look at it later. I apologize to you guys. But I'm weak; I'm attempting to shirk my responsibility by speaking only certain truths and keeping others to myself. Anyway, I hope you all have a few good hours this day or night. We all deserve at least a few good hours a day, right? I'm sorry you had to listen to this, Datalounge, but I thought that somehow you would understand.

by Anonymousreply 104October 23, 2019 5:00 AM

Sorry, "I CAN hear my mother..." I guess those pills [italic]are[/italic] kicking in, after all.

by Anonymousreply 105October 23, 2019 5:03 AM

Word.

by Anonymousreply 106October 23, 2019 5:03 AM

You don’t like each other.

by Anonymousreply 107October 23, 2019 6:09 PM

Think about this: you’re a young woman and you are staring a family. You are happy during your pregnancy, envisioning the child you’re going to have. You’ll make sure your child will play with other kids, read and get great marks. That child will be adorable and you’ll dress it in nice clothes. You can picture your baby happily gurgling at the crib mobile. It will take music lessons, piano or violin. It will be wonderful.

Then they baby arrives and has colic. It never smiles, it’s always crying. No matter what you do, you can’t satisfy this baby. You can’t get any sleep, you can’t take a shower, you can’t leave the house. After a few years of this, the baby is a toddler who refuses to eat the food you give it. No matter what you do, it doesn’t want to eat. It cries at feeding time and pushes the fork away. Then it gets a little older and refuses to eat anything except bagel bites. Miso soup and pancakes. It hates music, covers its ears and refuses to play an instrument. It hates taking a language in school and rages that it’s unfair. Everything is unfair! Nothing is my fault, it’s YOUR fault, it’s the teacher’s fault, I hate you! Your rules are stupid and your political beliefs are criminal and the clothes you want me to wear are heinous. Why did you and dad get divorced? I hate your husband. Why can’t you be satisfied with me? I like video games, I won’t play sports, I want my iPhone, too bad if you take it away from me because I bought a gift card at CVS with money grandma gave me and bought a cheap ITouch on eBay.

This is just an example of how parents and kids don’t get along. There are plenty of other ways.

Then, infuriatingly, your cousin’s kids all excel at sports, play instruments beautifully, win class awards, get scholarships to top schools and are on the Deans List every semester. They’re coming home for thanksgiving and they’re going to cook, so dear old mom can have a break and sit back with her Chardonnay!

by Anonymousreply 108October 23, 2019 6:26 PM

This is whelming me. Please take it outside. Show some class.

by Anonymousreply 109October 23, 2019 6:48 PM

Agreed. This isn’t group therapy or Dr. Phil.

by Anonymousreply 110October 23, 2019 6:52 PM

I’m seriously having candy corn withdrawal. I need rehab, Dr Phil

by Anonymousreply 111October 23, 2019 7:30 PM

Why is there r108?

by Anonymousreply 112October 23, 2019 7:41 PM

[quote] R71: I’m go8ng to watch HBO’s Rome on Amazon Prime. I liked it better than Game of Thrones but apparently HBO audiences didn’t because it only has 2 seasons.

It’s a great show I rewatch occasionally. I think it was before it’s time, as it was very costly to make. If it was made today, it would have lasted 5 or 6 seasons, maybe more, because they’re all more comfortable spending for quality now.

Just look at Spartacus on STARS. The main character tragically dies IRL, but they still manage to make it last, I think, 4 seasons.

by Anonymousreply 113October 23, 2019 7:43 PM

R81, high blood pressure does not cause headaches. It’s not like a bicycle pump attached to your ear. It’s a “silent killer”.

by Anonymousreply 114October 23, 2019 7:49 PM

[quote] R88: What happened to the Ozone Layer? Did it fill up again?

It’s shrunk to the smallest ever.

Lead paint

Ozone hole

Acid rain

Auto smog

Now....for climate change!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115October 23, 2019 7:57 PM

R101, I had a fever of 100.2°f at 2:15 pm; but have managed to knock it down to 99.47°f as 4:00 pm. I think I will take more Alieve, though I guess having taken two earlier, that I’m already at the limit. What to do? I’m open to suggestion. I also have a modest cough.

by Anonymousreply 116October 23, 2019 8:07 PM

Did you ever hear a squirrel squawking loudly, it’s plainly visible to you on a tree branch swishing it’s tail like a maniac, looking down at the ground going out of its fucking head, upsetting all the blue jays and you look.....and there’s nothing there.

You walk around, look in the bushes...nothing there.

Look up in the trees for a hawk...nothing.

And that squirrel is still going nuts..

by Anonymousreply 117October 23, 2019 8:15 PM

Maybe it has high blood pressure?

by Anonymousreply 118October 23, 2019 8:21 PM

R113-ROME cost HBO $100 million per season to produce. I enjoyed ROME very much. I wish there had been several more seasons. The whole set burned down right after they finished filming the second season.

by Anonymousreply 119October 23, 2019 8:26 PM

Yes, R117. I have.

by Anonymousreply 120October 23, 2019 8:55 PM

I bought Pumpkin Pie Kit Kat bars today.

by Anonymousreply 121October 23, 2019 9:46 PM

They didn’t advertize ROME properly. When. I saw the coming attractions I said, “I’m not watching that.” A lot of clanking swords, centurions hailing Caesar, blood. They needed to make. It more human and have some humor in the commercials. Reviews pointed out and dwelt on the bloodiness and gruesome scenes and that didn’t interest me. The show’s Icon was a blood soaked map of ROME and that didn’t help. They made it look more like a 1950s spectacle movie than a tv show.

They should have had more scenes with Pullo & Vorenus together in the ads.

by Anonymousreply 122October 23, 2019 10:13 PM

Pierre, I’ve been in the same shape for about two days.

I’m not sure Alieve is what should you be taking because of how limited you are regarding the dosage. I take Ibuprofen, which you can take every 4-6 hours. I usually take 3 pills at a time with no trouble, but I’m pretty accustomed to taking them.

I’ve laid off them today though, because I finally broke down and went to the drugstore and bought Thera-flu which has acetaminophen in it.

Have you had your flu shot? Have some spiked hot tea. It helps me.

by Anonymousreply 123October 23, 2019 11:31 PM

I've never played charades

by Anonymousreply 124October 24, 2019 3:07 AM

I'm baking dinner rolls from whole wheat frozen bread dough. 20 rolls in one pan. The smell of bread baking is heavenly. I'm worried that I didn't let them rise enough and they will be rocks.

by Anonymousreply 125October 24, 2019 3:14 AM

I stubbed my toe, the one with an ingrown toenail. I did it during a meeting and had to swallow my pain. It bled a little.

by Anonymousreply 126October 24, 2019 3:17 AM

I've never been to me.

by Anonymousreply 127October 24, 2019 3:21 AM

[quote] [R81], high blood pressure does not cause headaches

It does for me. I can always tell when my pressure is high. Just lucky, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 128October 24, 2019 4:22 AM

I used to buy those years ago, both the white and wheat. I haven’t had any so long. Are you going to brush some butter on top?

by Anonymousreply 129October 24, 2019 9:43 AM

I'll do you one better r125. I made parkerhouse rolls from scratch. Haven't made them in years, and yes, the smell is heavenly.

by Anonymousreply 130October 24, 2019 1:57 PM

Utility repairs caused traffic from a Main Street to be diverted to my quiet side street this morning. I could never stand living on a busy road. I’d go insane.

by Anonymousreply 131October 24, 2019 5:50 PM

[quote] R126: I stubbed my toe, the one with an ingrown toenail. I did it during a meeting and had to swallow my pain. It bled a little.

My favorite optional medical treatments were when I had my teeth straightened at age 50. My lowers were always a mess. My uppers were fine, until my 40s when they started shifting too much. So I got Invisaline, It took a year, and I am thrilled with the result.

Bleaching my teeth, of course.

And finally, getting my ingrown big toe toenails cut out by a doctor. It was a small, but ever present annoyance that I’m thrilled is eliminated.

by Anonymousreply 132October 25, 2019 1:08 AM

Thank you Jack, R123. I’m a little better today.

I did have the flu vaccine. This has been pretty mild, so I don’t know what it is,

by Anonymousreply 133October 25, 2019 1:10 AM

I went to Starbucks for a refill of brewed coffee today. I took the plastic lid off and handed the empty cup to the cashier. He filled it with coffee and put a new lid on it. I had to walk over to the garbage bin and throw the old lid away.

by Anonymousreply 134October 25, 2019 1:28 AM

I'm sitting at my computer listening to Carol Lynley's version of The Morning After which I prefer over Maureen McGovern's version.

by Anonymousreply 135October 25, 2019 2:06 AM

r135, I'm glad you posted that.

I must be the last DLer on Earth to know that "The Poseidon Adventure" is an unintentional comedic gem.

It was just on my cable TV the other day.

I convulsed in giggles when Ernest Borgnine's character growls at the boy "You again?" when the boy interrupts his argument with Gene Hackman.

by Anonymousreply 136October 25, 2019 2:26 AM

The Poseidon Adventure was a far better film than that DRIVEL-Titanic.

by Anonymousreply 137October 25, 2019 3:00 AM

Doesn’t the Poseidon Adventure play that song twice in the movie? I recall a Dean Martin movie where he plays the same song of his twice. It seems so odd. You’d never see that today. They’d either cut the second number, or use the opportunity to introduce another song.

by Anonymousreply 138October 25, 2019 3:14 AM

[quote]I'm sitting at my computer listening to Carol Lynley's version of The Morning After which I prefer over Maureen McGovern's version.

Carol Lynley didn't do her own singing in the movie. She was dubbed by Renée Armand, who wasn't credited. Maureen McGovern made a hit recording of the song and then went on to sing (on screen) "We May Never Love Like This Again" in "The Towering Inferno." That song went nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 139October 25, 2019 3:21 AM

[quote]I'm sitting at my computer listening to Carol Lynley's version of The Morning After which I prefer over Maureen McGovern's version.

Carol Lynley didn't sing the movie version, , Renee Armand did.

by Anonymousreply 140October 25, 2019 7:47 AM

Bitches.

by Anonymousreply 141October 25, 2019 12:27 PM

I have arranged for some dick this afternoon. Must put fresh linens on the bed.

by Anonymousreply 142October 25, 2019 6:47 PM

Won't that mean having to put fresh linens on the bed twice, R142? Sounds a bit whelming.

by Anonymousreply 143October 25, 2019 7:11 PM

Twice?

by Anonymousreply 144October 25, 2019 7:19 PM

The whole ‘arranged for dick’ scenario is whelming.

by Anonymousreply 145October 25, 2019 7:29 PM

r144, before and after.

by Anonymousreply 146October 25, 2019 7:32 PM

After?

by Anonymousreply 147October 25, 2019 7:53 PM

Yes, after. Of course.

by Anonymousreply 148October 25, 2019 8:03 PM

I'm going to make a Mississippi Pot Roast in my Instant Pot this weekend.

I usually make it in the crock pot.

I halve the ingredients because otherwise it's too much sodium, still tasty.

The meat makes for a great sandwich the next day on a crusty roll.

For the past couple years now whenever I hear the word "crock pot" I think of This Is Us.

Poor Jack Pearson.

by Anonymousreply 149October 25, 2019 8:05 PM

R49 That sounds nice. I just looked up the recipe and realized I made that once, but didn’t know it was called a Mississippi Pot Roast. A coworker had jotted down the ingredients for me years ago. I remember it being sodium heavy, but very good. Maybe I’ll make it again this year using your tip of halving the ingredients.

I’ll wait until it cools down though.

by Anonymousreply 150October 25, 2019 8:20 PM

I meant r149 natch.

by Anonymousreply 151October 25, 2019 8:21 PM

After I like to wallow in the smell of my man. Assuming it went well.

by Anonymousreply 152October 25, 2019 8:43 PM

I wanted to order a mattress protector with a zip off top and a mattress pad and Kohls won't let me sign in. It's like the third time they want me to make a new password. Fuck them. I'm sick of trying to come up with new passwords.

What's wrong with them?

by Anonymousreply 153October 25, 2019 9:23 PM

R149, I had never heard of Mississippi pot roast. I looked it up it looks good and super-easy. Do you get enough gravy, though? And Do you really add pepperoncini and liquid? That seems to be the only liquid in the recipe.

by Anonymousreply 154October 25, 2019 10:35 PM

Tonight is the first night I’ve heard the winter birds cheeping at dusk. I hear loads of them, but I haven’t seen any of them. I’ve kept my eye out for the juncos and white throated sparrows and haven’t seen a one, but maybe tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 155October 25, 2019 10:49 PM

r154

For the crockpot I use a well marbled chuck roast (3-4 lbs) and there is plenty of gravy. Like I said above I only use half the packets of au jus and ranch and half stick butter, plenty of pepperoncinis and probably only 1/4 cup of the pepperoncini juice (recipe calls for 1/2 cup). Plenty flavorful for me this way and lots of gravy. I suggest using a good brand of pepperoncini like Mezzetta (I sound like Ina, lol), I got some cheapo brand once and there was no flavor. You can halve the gravy packets and still use the full stick butter if you like, I've done that too.

The Instant Pot version calls for additional 1/2 cup beef broth for the pressure cooking to work. I'm going to use low sodium.

by Anonymousreply 156October 25, 2019 11:59 PM

I'm watching a Christmas movie on the Hallmark Channel.

by Anonymousreply 157October 26, 2019 2:24 AM

Brawny Tear A Square Paper Towels are my new favorite thing. They are like the Select A Sheet but the half sheet is additionally preforated into two squares, I find this handy.

I will not entertain or be shamed by any attack posts about the environment and paper towels blah blah blah. I find sponges and the bacteria they harbor gross. No I will not microwave, bake, boil, pressure cook, steam or air fry sponges to kill the bacteria. Just no.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158October 27, 2019 5:09 PM

r158, you [italic]will[/italic] be shamed for supporting a Koch Brothers' company, however. And all paper towel manufacturers are doing half-sheets by now, aren't they?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159October 27, 2019 5:15 PM

I heard a white throated sparrow singing yesterday afternoon.

But still haven’t seen one.

by Anonymousreply 160October 27, 2019 5:17 PM

r121 bitch WHERE DID YOU GET PUMPKIN PIE KIT KATS?

by Anonymousreply 161October 27, 2019 5:23 PM

Kohls just told me they want me to change my password every 3 months.

by Anonymousreply 162October 27, 2019 7:06 PM

If you see Halloween stuff you like, buy it all. I need another string of orange icicle lights - they don’t make them anymore. Last year i bought two purple and two orange Beatsync wire lights that synchronize to the music you’re playing. I got sick the day after Halloween and my husband put away all my stuff. The purple wires went missing. No problem, I’ll buy more. No I won’t. They dont make them in orange or purple anymore. It was only last year that they first came out. They were a big hit.

Is the whole world turning into IKEA? “Yes that was very popular! We sold out in two months and don’t make it anymore.”

by Anonymousreply 163October 27, 2019 10:38 PM

R149/R156, I made Mississippi pot roast for dinner tonight, inspired by this thread. It really is delicious. You're right, though - very salty. I had reduced the ingredients somewhat but will do so even more next time. And I see why you reduce the butter by half as well. There was way too much melted butter that never really mixed into the gravy.

Do you ever thicken the gravy? I was wondering if I should do that.

I'm looking forward to making sandwiches with it tomorrow night.

by Anonymousreply 164October 28, 2019 6:00 AM

Today this Christmas carol came into my mind. I cannot remember the last line

We three kings of orient are

Trying to smoke a rubber cigar

The cigar was loaded and it exploded

That’s what you get for buying a cheap cigar

Oh cigar of wonder

Cigar of light

Cigar that’s filled with dy-no-mite

by Anonymousreply 165October 30, 2019 1:56 AM

I'm watching full episodes of Just Shoot Me on YT.

The channel is appropriately named "Just Shoot Me Full Episodes".

by Anonymousreply 166October 30, 2019 9:38 PM

I’m testing the Halloween candy. You know, for quality control.

by Anonymousreply 167October 30, 2019 10:15 PM

I haven't showered since Monday.

by Anonymousreply 168October 30, 2019 10:24 PM

r158 UPS just delivered make a size paper towels to my door.

Are you single?

by Anonymousreply 169October 30, 2019 10:36 PM

[quote]I haven't showered since Monday.

Are you trying to fend off trick-or-treaters?

by Anonymousreply 170October 30, 2019 10:40 PM

The bag of chocolate Halloween candy that I bought cheap at CVS has bloomed and the chocolate on the Whoppers is melted. I'd return it but it's for the occasional trick or treaters we get. I'd return it but children don't give two shits about quality, right? Or does it make me a sociopath that I don't care enough to get back in my car and return it? Maybe just lazy? Oh, well. At least I showered today, unlike some people.

by Anonymousreply 171October 30, 2019 11:57 PM

R171, I've noticed that Halloween candy begins showing up at CVS in the heat of July, which always makes me think it will be none too fresh once Halloween rolls around.

by Anonymousreply 172October 30, 2019 11:59 PM

I’m using liquid corn & callous medication to get rid of several keratoses

by Anonymousreply 173October 31, 2019 12:51 AM

Yikes. Hard not to be whelmed, since I’m a whelmable person. But I went ahead and shoveled some Halloween snow, made dinner (a vegan lentil stew variation of no interest to Mississippi pot roast lovers (don’t worry friends, I’d love that, too) dealt with a couple more places on my hands the foundling dogs and cats we foster have torn up (my own stupidity mostly) and changed out my bag...you see, my bladder died back in July, and I’ve been catheterized ever since. A little whelming, that, but think of certain benefits, like wearing a bag on you leg and NEVER getting up to pee amidst a film, and NEVER during the night. Somewhat whelming to think of a winter storm this big this early, but I have read the data regarding carbon in the atmosphere, etc. It’s somewhat less probable that our great grandchildren will have decent lives than that my bladder will suddenly learn to drain itself again.

by Anonymousreply 174October 31, 2019 5:32 AM

PS: I’m not whelmed. I just feel like you folks are my real community, and wanted to share a little, at risk of being somewhat whelming.

by Anonymousreply 175October 31, 2019 5:35 AM

My power came back on Monday night and I've been thinking about setting the clock on my microwave ever since.

Maybe I'll do it tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 176October 31, 2019 5:43 AM

Don’t bother, r176. You’ll just have to do it again Saturday night.

by Anonymousreply 177October 31, 2019 6:15 AM

I was just awakened by the high-pitched beeping of a battery alert. It took me 20 minutes to figure out it was a smoke detector a previous owner had put up in the attic that I didn’t even know was up there.

by Anonymousreply 178October 31, 2019 8:02 AM

I can’t fall asleep.

by Anonymousreply 179October 31, 2019 9:08 AM

I went and had a SECOND McRib and while I very much enjoyed the first McRib I had two weeks ago from McRib Season 2019, the one tonight was far less satisfying.

Yes. It underwhelmed.

Lesson learned. One per year is fun.

by Anonymousreply 180October 31, 2019 9:31 AM

I think about guys asses a lot more than I think about their cocks. I guess that makes me a top.

by Anonymousreply 181October 31, 2019 2:58 PM

My right sacroiliac joint is out again...cortisone shot today

by Anonymousreply 182October 31, 2019 3:09 PM

I bought 150 pieces of candy. It’s 6:30. It’s raining. Only 5 kids so far. I may be in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 183October 31, 2019 10:30 PM

I had a tough day at work and Im tired. I've crawled into bed and turned off all the lights to divert any candy solicitation

by Anonymousreply 184October 31, 2019 11:18 PM

I'm listening to the instrumental version of The Morning After.

by Anonymousreply 185October 31, 2019 11:22 PM

I'm 54 years old and I'm still living at home.

by Anonymousreply 186October 31, 2019 11:26 PM

I'm 54 years old and I'm still living at home.

by Anonymousreply 187October 31, 2019 11:26 PM

This is the warmest Halloween I remember. It's 1 AM and it's still nearly 70 degrees. Unfortunately there are gale force winds but I don't mind. 70 degrees and no rain is fantastic.

Looks like we will escape the thunderstorms in the surrounding area, but we will get the cold front being ushered in by the storms.

by Anonymousreply 188November 1, 2019 4:48 AM

R188, I'm in one of the areas that didn't escape the storms. They were bad. The power has been out here for 2 hours, with no anticipated time of restoration yet. Thank God for MiFi. It's dark and boring and I am filled with the anxiety that power outages always cause.

by Anonymousreply 189November 1, 2019 5:38 AM

We paid to have our power lines buried. They were going to put big ugly metal poles up on a really nice road, so everyone got together and agreed to pay $120 a year on our electric bills for 20 years to bury the lines instead. Haven't had a power outage since then. I don't know why more communities don't do that.

by Anonymousreply 190November 3, 2019 4:37 AM

I stubbed my toe. It hurt my feelings.

by Anonymousreply 191November 4, 2019 2:13 AM

It's 10:24 pm Eastern Standard Time and I'm already hungry for breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 192November 4, 2019 2:25 AM

My dog's getting his teeth cleaned today. He's got it good. Wish my dentist would put me out for the procedure.

by Anonymousreply 193November 4, 2019 4:42 PM

Started the ketosis diet. Like being alone always. Don't really like my new job prospects for new job are slim.

by Anonymousreply 194November 4, 2019 8:07 PM

Ive lived in this house for 26 years. For the first 20 years I never had deer in my yard. A few years ago the farmers put up 10 ft tall fences around their fields and , so the deer can’t jump them. That’s when they started coming in my yard. Today I saw 2 deer with antlers. I’ve never seen antlered deer in my yard before. I guess they were always does.

Hunting season has started. Doubt they’ll see out the winter.

by Anonymousreply 195November 4, 2019 9:10 PM

I'm still sitting at my computer even though I've had to take a leak for the last ten minutes.

by Anonymousreply 196November 5, 2019 12:15 AM

Would anyone care to fix me a spinach omelet?

by Anonymousreply 197November 5, 2019 7:54 AM

I do make excellent omelets, R197.

by Anonymousreply 198November 5, 2019 2:07 PM

Ruh Roh

Hellman's Mayo, you in danger, Gurl.

I just opened my first ever jar of Duke's Mayo and, on first taste, it does seem creamier, smoother, and to have a richer flavor.

Of course, in fairness to Hellman's, it'll take several more tastes of both before I conclude which is the superior brand.

by Anonymousreply 199November 5, 2019 5:24 PM

Popeye’s owes me a biscuit.

by Anonymousreply 200November 8, 2019 12:00 AM

My Thermapen Meat Thermometer needs batteries. Two CR2032. I only had one in my stash. I'll get another one at Target tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 201November 8, 2019 12:15 AM

I'm eating split pea soup with quinoa and brown rice, for dinner.

by Anonymousreply 202November 8, 2019 12:31 AM

I made turkey noodle soup today. It was good.

by Anonymousreply 203November 8, 2019 12:37 AM

I used to get whelmed, overwhelmed even, when I would wake up in the middle of the night and be up for an hour or two. Now I Kind of look forward to it. I have a cocktail or two, watch tv, read....

by Anonymousreply 204November 8, 2019 9:54 AM

It happens to me every night, r204. I went to bed at 8 or 9, was up from midnight til 2:30, went back to bed and woke up again around 6:30. The weird part is how I go to bed so early now. Like you, I actually enjoy being up in the middle of the night.

by Anonymousreply 205November 8, 2019 10:37 AM

I have a cold sore. I’m diseased.

by Anonymousreply 206November 8, 2019 7:23 PM

I enjoy watching YTs about life in Japan especially " a day in the life" type videos where food prep is included and trips to 7-11. Their 7-11 food looks good. I waste hours doing this.

by Anonymousreply 207November 8, 2019 8:17 PM

As of tonight I've used my razor 20 times. I only shave twice a week. So I always go for a close shave.

by Anonymousreply 208November 9, 2019 3:23 AM

I'm going to by a $30 Roku streaming stick from target on Black Friday. Or Thursday. Whatever. Online

by Anonymousreply 209November 9, 2019 3:32 AM

What is the price love has to pay, for being wrong?

by Anonymousreply 210November 9, 2019 3:36 AM

My yard looks a professional gardeners' yard.

I am pruning small trees and planting /repotting 10 small shrubs.

I have small and large buckets and plastic bags of soil, soil wetter, potting mix, acidic potting mix, sand, leaf mulch and small pebbles to go in the pot bottoms. As well as rubber and leather gloves and all manner of tools.

It's more complicated in that my planting area is mostly native but I want to nurture some old-fashioned (acid-loving) roses and camellias etc which my ex-husband gave to me.

by Anonymousreply 211November 9, 2019 3:37 AM

I finished a course of Prilosec yesterday. I was supposed to take it for 28 days but stopped at 27. I just couldn't pop one more tablet out of that foil pouch.

by Anonymousreply 212November 9, 2019 4:04 AM

I bought Blue Bell Christmas Cookie ice cream over the weekend. Been meaning to try it for the past couple years since I keep hearing how good it is. Sugar cookie flavored ice cream with snickerdoodles, chocolate chip cookies, icing and sprinkles. I was underwhelmed.

by Anonymousreply 213November 11, 2019 1:38 PM

It sounds awfully "busy," R213.

by Anonymousreply 214November 11, 2019 1:48 PM

I was just at Trader Joe’s and heard another customer reply to his wife, “it wasn’t necessarily bad, but let’s just say...I was underwhelmed.”

Needless to say, I was VERY whelmed at spotting another underwhelmer in the wild!

by Anonymousreply 215November 12, 2019 12:13 AM

Its getting cooler outside

by Anonymousreply 216November 12, 2019 1:03 AM

It was close to 70 in D.C. today, but a cold front is coming through. Tomorrow night the temperature will drop into the 20s. It's a little whelming for early November in our nation's capital.

by Anonymousreply 217November 12, 2019 1:06 AM

I’ve had a sore tongue for a long time, most probably due to medication that can cause mouth dryness (I’m on blood pressure and GERD medication).

This morning I was eating breakfast.(English muffin) when after a while my tongue, mouth muscles and jaw muscles felt really tired. I had to stop for a while.

by Anonymousreply 218November 13, 2019 4:27 PM

I feel like going to Costco.

by Anonymousreply 219November 13, 2019 8:13 PM

Just now, a larger than usual house spider, minding its own business, was crossing my living room floor.

It's cold and snowy out. It was seeking warmth, I suppose. But, it's food is all dead because ants, flys and other little bugs have been dead for a couple of weeks.

You know where this is going. I thought about it for a few seconds. It was larger than I was comfortable making room for, and, what if he or she decides to take a bite of me?

Smoosh. I grabbed my winter ankle boot and smooshed it to death. I used my God-like power over life and death on that spider.

I feel guilty, but, it had to be done.

by Anonymousreply 220November 13, 2019 10:32 PM

Isn't it very bad luck to kill a spider?

by Anonymousreply 221November 13, 2019 10:50 PM

Well, it certainly was bad luck for the spider.

Years ago, for fun, my cousin read my Tarot Cards. The 1st card had an image of a black spider on its web. My cousin said that was a good fortune card.

All nonsense but since then, I've never been afraid of spiders. I, during Summer, leave them alone if I see them in my house. They're little exterminators and keep bugs at a minimum.

I assuage my guilt by telling myself that the spider committed suicide by revealing itself right out in the middle of my living room floor. I am telling myself it wanted me to spare it from a cold, slow death and give it a quick merciful death.

by Anonymousreply 222November 13, 2019 11:01 PM

I sometimes wonder of the people we meet or have met how many of them have past away and are no longer with us without us knowing it

by Anonymousreply 223November 14, 2019 12:15 PM

The place where I bit my lip on Tuesday while eating a meatball sub has not completely healed. It still hurts a little when I drink coffee, but not enough to keep me from drinking coffee.

by Anonymousreply 224November 14, 2019 12:23 PM

The doctor prescribed me a motion sickness patch. I underestimated the “may cause drowsiness” caution on the bottle. Twenty-four hours after removing the patch, I still feel sedated.

by Anonymousreply 225November 14, 2019 9:59 PM

I'm a little whelmed by the realization that there will be less then four weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year, because Thanksgiving is falling on its latest possible date.

by Anonymousreply 226November 15, 2019 3:45 PM

I was a good boy for 14 days in a row, until today. I ate half a tin of Danish Butter Cookies I bought at Whole Foods on Wednesday except they're not made in Denmark they're made in Indonesia.

by Anonymousreply 227November 16, 2019 12:10 AM

R227, but did they come in the blue tin? If they didn't, they're not Danish Butter Cookies, even if they were made in the heart of Copenhagen. The blue tin is absolutely required - and, of course, it can serve a variety of purposes after the contents have been consumed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228November 16, 2019 12:18 AM

R228- You're right. My tin just says Premium Butter Cookies. Nowhere does it say they're Danish. Oh well. At least they tasted good.

by Anonymousreply 229November 16, 2019 12:26 AM

Yet again, insomnia. My constant companion.

by Anonymousreply 230November 16, 2019 7:13 AM

I put the Tate's Seasonal Hot Chocolate Cookies into my cart at Winn Dixie this morning. Then I put them back on the shelf. I decided I wasn't feeling adventurous after all.

by Anonymousreply 231November 16, 2019 3:08 PM

R231- I bought those cookies the other day but I haven't tried them yet.

by Anonymousreply 232November 16, 2019 3:43 PM

I'm looking at a summer window valance still hanging on my door window.

by Anonymousreply 233November 16, 2019 3:46 PM

r232

Please do report back on your findings. I've only had the Chocolate Chip which I love and couldn't decide if I should stray from what's tried and true.

by Anonymousreply 234November 16, 2019 3:49 PM

I'm addicted to sweets. Any day I binge on sweets I go to youtube and binge on dreary songs from the 1970's like the instrumental version of The Morning After.

by Anonymousreply 235November 17, 2019 11:44 PM

The Beekman Boys are on QVC. I was flipping the channels, and there they were. It’s good to see Josh again. And now I’m off to finish my curry.

by Anonymousreply 236November 18, 2019 12:18 AM

Every year when the air gets cold & the heat goes on my husband and I have asthma problems. I keep the windows open all summer, airing the place out. We’re going to do a super duper vacuuming of everything, including basement room with water heater, oil burner & filtration system.

I wonder if taking the Halloween decorations down from the attic has anything to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 237November 18, 2019 12:23 AM

I'm already sleepy but I've still got to lift weights tonight.

by Anonymousreply 238November 18, 2019 3:34 AM

What r238? That’s whelming as fuck.. It’s Sunday night, for God’s sake, have a cocktail and get ready to relax. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 239November 18, 2019 3:51 AM

No you dont, r238. Come sit with me on my couch. You can have some chocolate Oreos, chocolate milk and you can pet my cat. Come with me ... over to the dark side. 🔱

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240November 18, 2019 3:55 AM

[quote]I'm already sleepy but I've still got to lift weights tonight.

I required a lie-down just from reading this.

by Anonymousreply 241November 18, 2019 4:30 AM

I just finished eating a Jonah Gold Apple I bought at Whole Foods on Sunday. It was DELICIOUS.

by Anonymousreply 242November 18, 2019 3:26 PM

I'm going to watch the Poldark finale on pbs.org. I shall miss Ross Poldark.

by Anonymousreply 243November 18, 2019 3:36 PM

I can’t wait until Poldark is over. I hate that show. Also hate the Durrells.

by Anonymousreply 244November 18, 2019 7:02 PM

I had a Marie Callendar's Dutch Apple Pie in the freezer.

I baked it and ate a huge chunk.

I had to, I needed space in the freezer and the box was just taking up too much room.

It was my emergency pie.

Now I have no emergency pie.

by Anonymousreply 245November 20, 2019 12:22 AM

Proving, R245, that you couldn't have your emergency pie and eat it, too.

by Anonymousreply 246November 20, 2019 12:34 AM

I'm still sitting at my computer but I'm going to go upstairs soon and watch an episode of Law and Order: Criminal Intent.

by Anonymousreply 247November 20, 2019 4:08 AM

There were three kalamata olives in my salad but I really wish there were more.

by Anonymousreply 248November 20, 2019 4:50 PM

An arrest was made.

by Anonymousreply 249November 21, 2019 4:18 PM

Oops, an arrest was made.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250November 21, 2019 4:18 PM

I'm SO tired right now. I binged today and I'm still coming out of my coma.

by Anonymousreply 251November 22, 2019 12:05 AM

Netflix binge or food binge, r251?

by Anonymousreply 252November 22, 2019 5:25 AM

FOOD binge.

by Anonymousreply 253November 22, 2019 1:09 PM

FOOD binge.

by Anonymousreply 254November 22, 2019 1:09 PM

Whatever happened to flashing signs? Did they get outlawed? When I watch old TV shows they always signal that an apartment/room is in a seedy area by having a blinking light outside the window. The light is from a blinking store sign

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255November 23, 2019 2:46 AM

Whatever happened to flashing signs? Did they get outlawed? When I watch old TV shows they always signal that an apartment/room is in a seedy area by having a blinking light outside the window. The light is from a blinking store sign

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256November 23, 2019 2:46 AM

I'm watching Brothers & Sisters

Balthazar Getty's eyebrow scar is a tad distracting.

by Anonymousreply 257November 25, 2019 11:58 PM

I have a new cheese grater. It's large.

by Anonymousreply 258November 26, 2019 12:12 AM

Today, I bought some crackers and cheeses to bring for Thanksgiving. I want to eat to them all right now.

by Anonymousreply 259November 26, 2019 1:00 AM

My brother is having surgery tomorrow. Please wish him well.

by Anonymousreply 260November 26, 2019 2:19 AM

I forgot to turn off the outside light but am already in bed.

by Anonymousreply 261November 26, 2019 2:22 AM

Good luck brother of r260. Positive thoughts, well wishes, good vibrations, my best healing energy and a prayer for you both.

by Anonymousreply 262November 26, 2019 2:23 AM

I'm going to make eggless egg salad for lunch tommorow.

by Anonymousreply 263November 26, 2019 2:36 AM

I'll bite. What do you put in eggless egg salad?

by Anonymousreply 264November 26, 2019 2:40 AM

EXTRA firm tofu, lemon zest , olive oil, red wine vinegar, tumeric, thyme, black pepper, slivered almonds, spanish onions, vegenaise, dijon mustard.

by Anonymousreply 265November 26, 2019 3:27 AM

I guess with all those ingredients, nobody misses the egg.

by Anonymousreply 266November 26, 2019 3:32 AM

I guess with all those ingredients, nobody misses their appetite.

by Anonymousreply 267November 26, 2019 3:34 AM

It's quite good. I'm going to put it on a toasted bagel with lettuce and tomato.

by Anonymousreply 268November 26, 2019 3:37 AM

R259, which cheeses did you select? I hope one of them is Red Dragon.

Good luck, brother of R260!

by Anonymousreply 269November 26, 2019 8:18 AM

On Twitter some people were talking about the movie The Ring. They were saying that they don’t like scary movies but The Ring really scared them and was this fabulously artsy film. So I watched it.

It was one of the stupidest movies I’ve ever seen. Nothing was scary, the plot made no sense, the characters made no sense, the ending made no sense.

People are such assholes.

by Anonymousreply 270November 29, 2019 3:38 AM

I purchased a tiny tube of Krazy Glue at Walmart self checkout. Associate had to come over and verify I was over 18 and permitted to buy super glue. She informed me kids are sniffing super glue, she authorized my purchase and I went on my way.

by Anonymousreply 271November 29, 2019 3:10 PM

I'm drinking a glass of water.

by Anonymousreply 272November 29, 2019 3:34 PM

I'm still wondering why Cornish hens are so expensive.

by Anonymousreply 273November 29, 2019 3:37 PM

I know, R273! Who do they think they are, Breton hens?

by Anonymousreply 274November 30, 2019 8:12 AM

When I'm stuck in traffic I often will pick my nose.

by Anonymousreply 275November 30, 2019 3:06 PM

r270, did you watch the original 1998 Japanese film "Ringu" or the 2002 American remake?

by Anonymousreply 276November 30, 2019 3:27 PM

Royal Dansk Danish Butter Cookies tins are BOGO at Walgreen's this week (12-1 to 12-7)

You're welcome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277December 3, 2019 9:37 PM

[quote] did you watch the original 1998 Japanese film "Ringu" or the 2002 American remake?

Remake.

It was so dumb I won’t watch the Japanese one.

One of the stupidest things: “The pictures! The pictures she showed you! My God,”

The pictures...rocking horses... I can’t even remember what they were. We’re they the black & white photos....which were totally unscary? A chair. A ladder.

by Anonymousreply 278December 3, 2019 10:47 PM

The sound of people eating grosses me out but I love the eating noises my cat makes

by Anonymousreply 279December 4, 2019 1:56 AM

Today my doctor cleared me to start walking again after breaking my ankle badly in October. And I only gained 2 pounds. Yay.

by Anonymousreply 280December 4, 2019 1:58 AM

That's quite an achievement, R280. Congratulations. I would have gained 20.

by Anonymousreply 281December 4, 2019 4:07 PM

I baked gluten free sugar cookies. They were overdone.

by Anonymousreply 282December 4, 2019 11:26 PM

Am I the only person who freaks the fuck out & nearly hits the roof of the car when driving and my phone puts out an Amber alert?

I can't take that noise.

by Anonymousreply 283December 5, 2019 1:01 AM

My DVR is 80% full.

by Anonymousreply 284December 5, 2019 10:27 AM

I want to stay up really late and watch TV but I will hate myself in the morning if I do.

by Anonymousreply 285December 6, 2019 3:36 AM

I go to bed fairly early, wake up around 2am, have a glass of wine or whatever & watch more tv (usually reruns of Mannix & Cannon) then go back to bed.

I’m thinking tomorrow will be a really nice day for lazing about...naps, tv, decorating my tree. Some Mexican hot chocolate...

by Anonymousreply 286December 6, 2019 5:22 AM

R286 What's special about Mexican hot chocolate, and where do you get it?

by Anonymousreply 287December 6, 2019 2:44 PM

I had a prolonged debate with myself as to whether I should have toast or cereal for breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 288December 6, 2019 2:48 PM

I chose toast this morning, R288.

by Anonymousreply 289December 6, 2019 2:50 PM

I am still conflicted about my breakfast choice. It is starting to ruin my day.

by Anonymousreply 290December 6, 2019 2:58 PM

Sweet or savory for breakfast? That's what it comes down to for me.

by Anonymousreply 291December 6, 2019 3:01 PM

I went through the McDonald's drive-thru this morning for breakfast and ordered a large coffee and two breakfast burritos (2 for $2). When I got home I found three in the bag. I didn't need to eat the extra burrito but I didn't want it to go to waste.

by Anonymousreply 292December 6, 2019 3:02 PM

I am debating between a schnitzel sandwich, döner kebab, and barely-acceptable Chinese takeout for dinner.

by Anonymousreply 293December 6, 2019 3:04 PM

R287, this is the brand of chocolate I get. It’s not really that good for eating & you have to get the premium, as the regular has vegetable oil in it. It’s also spiced with cinnamon & stuff. I get it at the Hispanic food center by my house.

I usually prepare it with milk on the stove & then finish it off with an immersion blender. I spike it with tequila and top it with whipped cream.

The link below has some more info.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294December 6, 2019 5:48 PM

I fried a hamburger for lunch and burned it. My kitchen smells like a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 295December 6, 2019 7:10 PM

Thanks R294. I am in LA so probably can easily find this. Your little recipe sounds wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 296December 6, 2019 7:35 PM

Thinking of buying a small real Xmas tree this year because I’m sick & can’t deal with the huge fake one. When’s a good time to buy it so it doesn’t dry out before New Year?

by Anonymousreply 297December 6, 2019 8:21 PM

r297, I'd get it the week of 12/15, don't put it near a fireplace or heater and water it every day. I use an empty liter soda bottle.

by Anonymousreply 298December 6, 2019 8:24 PM

R297, you could get a small fake one. Remember that you'll have to put lights on the real tree, which, if I remember correctly, is a pain in the ass. You can buy small pre-lit fake tree pretty cheaply.

by Anonymousreply 299December 7, 2019 5:50 AM

I need to water my house plants today. I brought some rainwater in the house but I need to wait 12 hours for the water to warm up before I can give it to my plants.

by Anonymousreply 300December 7, 2019 11:50 AM

If I say, “Let’s not Dutch Oven Betty Crocker cake mix,” is that an ethnic slur?

by Anonymousreply 301December 7, 2019 5:27 PM

I let my hubby play with four different kinds of dildos on me last night. Of course I was moaning at the time, begging for more. Today I feel a little bit constipated and stingy.

by Anonymousreply 302December 7, 2019 6:49 PM

R302 One at a time or all at once. I say, all four would make you a bit of a table.

by Anonymousreply 303December 8, 2019 3:30 AM

You could go about your business polishing doorknobs in your extra special way.

by Anonymousreply 304December 8, 2019 3:59 AM

Last night I had my rare, like once every two years, 10 1/2 hours straight sleep. I’ve woken up in quite a fog, but once it clears, I’ll be a bright sunny day!

by Anonymousreply 305December 8, 2019 6:17 PM

[quote] you could get a small fake one.

I already have a large prelit fake tree. This year I don’t feel good so I only want to decorate a small tree & I don’t have the room to store a large fake tree & a small fake tree. In fact I’m thinking of just buying one string of lights & some snowflakes because I don’t want to drag my ornaments out of the attic & put them back again.

Husband’s Jewish & son’s lazy, so who care# what they want....

by Anonymousreply 306December 8, 2019 7:39 PM

Why bother having anything at all, then, r306? I decided one year I couldn't be bothered, and realized the next year I wanted to make it a Permanent Lifestyle Choice. Gave everything away and haven't looked back.

by Anonymousreply 307December 8, 2019 7:43 PM

I’m an oldster and I never thought, when I imagined the future, that there would be entire shelves in stores and hundreds & hundreds on online choices for beverage containers.

Water bottles, sports bottles, hot beverage holders, three-beverage-party-dispensers, infuser beverage containers, flasks, covered mugs, jugs, thermoses, EZ freeze bottles, insulated bottles.......plastic, rubber, glass, cardboard, ceramic, metal.

I remember taking chicken noodle soup with me to school in the winter in a thermos & it was still warm at lunchtime & I thought “this is the best thing ever. It can keep cold things cold & hot things hot.”

And they’re still trying to outdo it.

by Anonymousreply 308December 8, 2019 7:59 PM

Eating a cranberry bliss bar.

I really love it.

by Anonymousreply 309December 10, 2019 7:20 PM

My toes look odd.

by Anonymousreply 310December 11, 2019 5:04 PM

They look odd all of a sudden, R310, or they've always looked odd?

by Anonymousreply 311December 11, 2019 8:39 PM

I haven't binged on sweets for 19 days in a row.

by Anonymousreply 312December 12, 2019 12:28 PM

I just spent $30 on software I'd forgotten I already had.

by Anonymousreply 313December 12, 2019 12:51 PM

I so want to buy a Christmas tree but due to budgetary restrictions I will just buy a package of Johnny Walker sampler set and enjoy that for christmast

by Anonymousreply 314December 12, 2019 1:26 PM

Here you go, R314

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315December 12, 2019 4:14 PM

I want bolster feather pillows for the bed, but the number of pillows is getting fussy even by my standards.

by Anonymousreply 316December 13, 2019 2:51 AM

Tomorrow I'm having Veggie burgers for lunch. Yum!

by Anonymousreply 317December 13, 2019 3:11 AM

I’m at the beach but it’s likely to snow.

by Anonymousreply 318December 13, 2019 3:47 AM

There was a big red moonrise tonight

by Anonymousreply 319December 13, 2019 4:56 AM

I bought some Christmas cards today but am a bit whelmed at the thought of actually addressing them.

by Anonymousreply 320December 13, 2019 10:36 PM

I have no salty snacks.

by Anonymousreply 321December 14, 2019 12:47 AM

I had pizza for dinner, but there wasn't enough sauce. There's never enough sauce, even when I ask for extra sauce. And there's always too much cheese. If I wanted cheese melted on bread, I'd make it myself.

by Anonymousreply 322December 14, 2019 6:06 AM

I bought the store brand version of Sensodyne toothpaste. I prefer the actual name brand. Lesson learned.

by Anonymousreply 323December 15, 2019 9:49 PM

It’s going to be a long night...

by Anonymousreply 324December 17, 2019 6:29 AM

Just dropped off another pair of ASICS shoes at FedEx to be returned. I used to love ASICS. Now, even the most expensive ones have insoles that feel like they're made from wooden planks.

by Anonymousreply 325December 17, 2019 7:45 PM

It's 10:17pm. I'm sitting at my computer and I can hear the mice in the walls making scratching sounds.

by Anonymousreply 326December 20, 2019 2:18 AM

Are you sure it's mice, R326?

by Anonymousreply 327December 20, 2019 7:43 AM

R326, when I had that happen, it was squirrels in my ceiling, coming in through holes in the house to get out of the cold.

by Anonymousreply 328December 20, 2019 11:14 AM

I'm making Marcella Hazan's Tomato Sauce #3 right now, the tomato-butter-onion sauce someone started a thread about earlier in the month. If I can find that thread, I'll specify how much butter I used (non voglio voi sopraffare).

by Anonymousreply 329December 22, 2019 3:26 PM

I couldn't find my phone last night at bedtime (it would have been used only as a bedside clock). It was too cold to go back out to the car, where I figured I must have left it. This morning, yep, there it is, sitting on the car console. Nobody called. Good.

by Anonymousreply 330December 22, 2019 4:41 PM

It's 8:44 pm. I'm sitting at my computer kneading my balls like dough.

by Anonymousreply 331December 23, 2019 12:45 AM

I trust you have no plans to bake them, R331.

by Anonymousreply 332December 23, 2019 12:49 AM

It's not sexual. It just feels good.

by Anonymousreply 333December 23, 2019 12:55 AM

I’m standing at my kitchen counter eating pomegranate seeds. Hunched over like an animal so I don’t get any on my shirt. They’re so good, like little edible jewels.

by Anonymousreply 334December 23, 2019 8:25 PM

A few weeks ago I bought a rubber VAGINA on , of all places: Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 335December 23, 2019 8:27 PM

R335 are you using it as a vase? Pussywillows are a good choice.

by Anonymousreply 336December 24, 2019 1:02 AM

I'm not gonna watch the service live from the Vatican on t.v. I don't like pope Francis

by Anonymousreply 337December 24, 2019 7:31 PM

I bought a real Christmas tree for the first time in 30 years so I could have that real tree smell. It smelled when I bought it but stopped smelling the next day.

Never again.....

by Anonymousreply 338December 27, 2019 4:21 AM

I rode my bike over the biggest Goose poop near the golf course this evening.

by Anonymousreply 339December 27, 2019 4:22 AM

My drive home from work last night, usually 1 to 1.5 hours (12 miles in Atlanta), took me only 17 minutes last night. Almost a miracle.

by Anonymousreply 340December 27, 2019 4:53 PM

I just threw out the green bean casserole. The onions got burned during reheating and it became bitter. No one likes a bitter casserole.

by Anonymousreply 341December 27, 2019 10:28 PM

Bob Harper's Brilinta commercials annoy me.

I know there is a thread about hated commercials but I'm too lazy to search.

by Anonymousreply 342December 27, 2019 10:35 PM

Cocktail time came early today.

by Anonymousreply 343December 27, 2019 10:57 PM

Just peeked at the FB of someone who was my best friend for years who suddenly ghosted me after marrying a dr & graduating to a higher social stratosphere that did not include my kind. She’s going into poilitics! Isn’t that great? Her FB is full of Chinese fortune cookies saying wonderful things about love and support, and Stop 🛑 Hatin signs and how we all need to be good to & kind to & care about others.

It’s easy to like & be good & kind & care about rich white women ❤️ 💋 💋 tee hee

by Anonymousreply 344December 29, 2019 8:28 AM

What I thought was just a headache on Friday is hanging on. I stayed home yesterday because I'm now coughing, and the cough isn't going away. I'm posting it here in the hope that doing so will keep whatever this is from overwhelming me.

I woke up around 3 AM, went back to bed, finished a novel I was reading, and could not get back to sleep because of the cough. Oh, wait! I just remembered I do have some cough syrup. Something called Olbas a friend recommended last year.

by Anonymousreply 345December 29, 2019 9:29 AM

My dr ordered Lunesta (generic) 3 mg. I also take soma 1 tab. Have terrible insomnia. The first bottle of lunesta plus 1 soma knocked me our in 2 hours. Same with 2nd bottle.

Third bottle - nothing. Fourth bottle - nothing.

To go from getting knocked out to not the slightest tiredness is bullshit. That’s not building up a tolerance, you can’t tell me they’re not just using a shit substitute. Lunesta gives you a weird aftertaste. I took two Lunestas tonight and no after taste, no sleepiness at all.

by Anonymousreply 346December 29, 2019 9:42 AM

God. Turkey. AGAIN.

by Anonymousreply 347December 29, 2019 6:52 PM

Oh, well, R347, Turkey Lurkey Time is nearly finished for another year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348December 30, 2019 2:08 AM

My fresh loaf of gluten free bread - from a top rated recipe - tastes like popcorn. Not in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 349December 31, 2019 12:12 AM

The weather app on the iPhone sucks, never reflects what’s actually going on outside. The wind has been howling viciously for hours where I live in LA, but stupid app doesn’t know it.

by Anonymousreply 350December 31, 2019 10:03 AM

The E! Channel SATC marathon is showing the episode with Valerie Harper.

I adored Harper but SATC is underwhelming. A DLer pointed out that the main character is NYC. I realized after reading that I watched it because of that.

by Anonymousreply 351December 31, 2019 2:08 PM

[quote] The weather app on the iPhone sucks, never reflects what’s actually going on outside. The wind has been howling viciously for hours where I live in LA, but stupid app doesn’t know it.

The NWS sucks. For days I’ve been getting “Coastal flood alert” on my phone.

Now you might think it’s due to rain. It’s not, it was due to sustained 50 mph winds. But never once did NWS issue me a “high wind” alert. Or even a storm alert. I can get a 3 day nor’easter raging outside with downed trees & electrical outages without ever being alerted such a thing was on its way. Apparently they don’t have nor’easter alerts. Not sexy enough.

And my local TV news people announce raging nor’easters as “breezy outside.”

“It’ll continue to be breezy outside,especially on the East End (the weather graphic then shows 4 white wavy line drawings on the radar image of the ocean. This is to suggest those “onshore breezes” of sustained 40mph ocean winds with 60 mph gusts). It’ll stay breezy for a few days out there with occasional rain, so drive carefully if you’re going out.”

*If* we’re going out? Like to our jobs, schools, supermarkets, doctor appointments, car mechanics, barber, hair salon, post office, UPS, dry cleaner, weddings, christenings, bar mitzvahs, birthday parties, landfills ....like if we need to leave our houses to do something? As if we people out on the East End leave our houses do stuff?

by Anonymousreply 352December 31, 2019 5:34 PM

Vo-do-de-o-do! It's the Twenties!

I'm a bit whelmed. It feels weird.

by Anonymousreply 353January 1, 2020 4:13 AM

I think I broke a toe and I don’t know how it happened.

by Anonymousreply 354January 1, 2020 4:37 AM

R354, I hope you're not the same person who posted about breaking a toe on another "underwhelmed" thread some months ago. To break one toe is certainly unfortunate. To break two begins to look like carelessness.

by Anonymousreply 355January 1, 2020 5:09 AM

Someone in my neighborhood just started firing off fireworks - 1 hour and 45 minutes after midnight.

by Anonymousreply 356January 1, 2020 6:47 AM

No, that was not me, r355. Anyway, today I think my toe is just severely bruised.

by Anonymousreply 357January 1, 2020 8:13 PM

You severely bruised a toe and have no idea how it happened, R357? I would find that a bit whelming.

by Anonymousreply 358January 1, 2020 8:47 PM

Yesterday and today I stuffed my face. Tonight I'm going to watch the season premiere of My 600 Pound Life.

by Anonymousreply 359January 2, 2020 9:08 PM

I baked another loaf of GF bread, and it came out better. Less psyllium this time.

by Anonymousreply 360January 4, 2020 4:11 PM

^^The very definition of underwhelming.^^

by Anonymousreply 361January 4, 2020 5:26 PM

I have a household tip to share. Had nosebleed spots on the pillowcases. Sprayed with Oxy stain remover, which is usually best; upon contact it turned the spots white, but after the wash they were still there. Then tried Shout! which did work. Conclusion: Shout! works best for bloodstains, Oxy can't handle them.

by Anonymousreply 362January 8, 2020 3:52 PM

I've fallen into a YT rabbit hole of watching tea ceremonies. Japanese, Chinese, Korean. I think I like the Chinese ritual the best. Very soothing to watch especially the videos with no talking and just background Asian music.

I would never have the patience to go through all those steps for a cup of tea but wouldn't mind if someone did it for me.

by Anonymousreply 363January 8, 2020 4:01 PM

WHET Miss Sandra Lee? I miss her vile recipes. Now Food Network doesn’t even have a camp factor. Bring her back stat.

by Anonymousreply 364January 8, 2020 4:14 PM

R362, here’s a tip I learned from my theatre days: spit on bloodstains. An enzyme in saliva breaks down the stain.

by Anonymousreply 365January 8, 2020 10:34 PM

I read the Harry and Meghan threads. They stimulate me.

by Anonymousreply 366January 8, 2020 10:37 PM

I gained about 20 pounds during the holidays. I’m whelmed and underwhelmed and the same time. Bi-whelmed if you will. Not overwhelmed though...

by Anonymousreply 367January 8, 2020 11:57 PM

My feet are hot.

by Anonymousreply 368January 9, 2020 4:22 PM

I can’t find my favorite sock. Why is it that it’s always one’s favorite things that get lost or stained?

by Anonymousreply 369January 9, 2020 9:23 PM

You have only one favorite sock, not two?

by Anonymousreply 370January 9, 2020 9:45 PM

For dinner tonight I had Ezekiel bread with Almond Butter and blueberries.

by Anonymousreply 371January 10, 2020 1:27 AM

The cleaning lady found my favorite [sic] sock. She's a treasure.

by Anonymousreply 372January 10, 2020 3:48 AM

This is the only thread I can read on DL without getting really nervous.

by Anonymousreply 373January 10, 2020 6:33 PM

The restrooms at my office are now stocked with Poo Pouirie. Is an orange-blossom scented turd more or less offensive than a turd-scented turd?

by Anonymousreply 374January 10, 2020 8:11 PM

It thundered hard all day yesterday, we even had tornado sirens going off, but today my yard is covered in ice and frost. Weather is whelming.

by Anonymousreply 375January 11, 2020 2:04 PM

It snowed in the Kansas City metro area last night and today. I enjoyed many cups of tea against the snowfall outside my window. Putting off all shoveling unto tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 376January 12, 2020 1:00 AM

Winter does have its charms, R376.

by Anonymousreply 377January 12, 2020 1:59 AM

It's been raining steadily for hours, my area's under a flood warning and I live near the river. I just saw a possum walk past my back door. I hope it hasn't been flooded out of its home, poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 378January 12, 2020 2:18 AM

We are under a Wind Advisory. I hope the power doesn't go out. Power outages are whelming.

by Anonymousreply 379January 12, 2020 9:15 AM

I did not have dinner tonight. I am fasting until 1:36 pm Wednesday, which will be 24 hours since I've eaten.

by Anonymousreply 380January 15, 2020 3:16 AM

I read in the "Beloved Stars in Entertainment History" thread that Stephen Colbert is not very nice to work with.

This disappointed me as I would have guessed otherwise.

On the other hand, someone confirmed that Jon Stewart is a good guy to work with which restored my faith in my judgement on these matters regarding people I've never met.

by Anonymousreply 381January 29, 2020 2:16 AM

[quote] I gained about 20 pounds during the holidays. I’m whelmed and underwhelmed and the same time. Bi-whelmed if you will. Not overwhelmed though...

I gained a lot of weight over the holidays too, 10lbs but it looks like 20 lbs. Yesterday I wasn’t feeling good & I found some progresso tomato vegetable soup in my pantry my husband must have bought. I ate it and shat all day & night. By the end of the week I’m sure I’ll have lost 3lb. I’m buying more Progress tomato vegetable soup this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 382January 30, 2020 8:33 PM

I e thrown out the last few Snapple Diet Iced Teas I bought, I think they’ve changed the recipe. This is catastrophic.

by Anonymousreply 383January 30, 2020 8:39 PM

Went to see "Phantom" last week. I was so excited when I saw a note that there was a cast change and Tuc Watkins would be appearing. Was heartbroken when my friend pointed out that it was Tug Watson. (Sorry Tug)

by Anonymousreply 384January 30, 2020 8:44 PM

[quote]Was heartbroken when my friend pointed out that it was Tug Watson. (Sorry Tug)

Tug instead of Tuc? That is the very definition of "underwhelming."

by Anonymousreply 385January 30, 2020 10:53 PM

Is Tug Watson code for something dirty?

by Anonymousreply 386January 30, 2020 11:40 PM

Ever have one of those days when nobody responds to your texts or emails? That’s me today. What am I, chopped liver?

by Anonymousreply 387January 31, 2020 1:19 AM

No, you are not chopped liver, R387.

I'm responding to try to make you feel a little better about your day.

by Anonymousreply 388January 31, 2020 1:38 AM

Why, thank you, OP. That did make me smile.

by Anonymousreply 389January 31, 2020 2:07 AM

R382, I had that same thing happen to me a few years back. Same soup, same outcome!

by Anonymousreply 390January 31, 2020 2:47 AM

R382 and R367, may I recommend the 1950s-'60s Woolworth shoppers' diet plate? I just saw this on the "What's Your Favorite Diet Food?" thread. Note the peach half in heavy syrup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391January 31, 2020 3:05 AM

Cottage cheese and grapefruit were "diet" staples back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 392January 31, 2020 3:15 AM

I've gained 10 pounds in 13 days.

by Anonymousreply 393January 31, 2020 3:18 AM

Tomorrow for breakfast I'm having seven grain hot cereal with Organic Raw Unsalted Sprouted Walnuts.

by Anonymousreply 394January 31, 2020 3:21 AM

I can sympathize, R393. I could easily gain a pound a day if I'm not careful. After a day on which I feel as though I've eaten almost nothing, my weight tends to stay the same. It reminds me of what the Red Queen says to Alice in "Through the Looking Glass": "Here it takes all the running you can do to stay in one place."

by Anonymousreply 395January 31, 2020 3:23 AM

R395- I've been binging for 11 out of 13 of those days- on things like Almond Croissants from Whole Foods, Ice cream and Chinese Food.

by Anonymousreply 396January 31, 2020 3:31 AM

I want everything you just mentioned, R396.

by Anonymousreply 397January 31, 2020 3:34 AM

It’s a Pfaff.

by Anonymousreply 398January 31, 2020 3:39 AM

The milkshake machine is not working?

by Anonymousreply 399February 1, 2020 1:03 AM

I turned down an offer to cat sit this weekend.

Potentially too whelming.

by Anonymousreply 400February 1, 2020 1:21 AM

Not a nice cat, r400?

by Anonymousreply 401February 1, 2020 1:36 AM

I baby-sat a cat once for a few days. It got, well, plugged up, shall we say. It was not pretty. I had to take it to a vet. Talk about whelming.

You made the right choice, R400.

by Anonymousreply 402February 1, 2020 1:40 AM

I'm the Girls locker room where Sarah holds down the pretty girls

and farts on their faces

by Anonymousreply 403February 1, 2020 1:55 AM

I suspect you meant to post that on a different thread, R403.

by Anonymousreply 404February 1, 2020 1:59 AM

My toenails curve back toward my toes. It makes them hard to cut. But I broke my leg in December and can't cut them myself anyway.

by Anonymousreply 405February 1, 2020 2:04 AM

Are you on crutches or what, R405? I broke my ankle in October and am finally walking somewhat normally.

by Anonymousreply 406February 1, 2020 3:26 AM

R406 I am still using a walker. They said I should probably be able to start using a cane next week.

by Anonymousreply 407February 1, 2020 7:41 PM

You may poke people. Not just the ones who are on the nod, either. You may poke fat ones,too. And litterers.

by Anonymousreply 408February 1, 2020 8:06 PM

My unruly eyebrows are starting to get whelming.

by Anonymousreply 409February 1, 2020 8:10 PM

My barber trims mine, R409. By the time I'm ready for another haircut, my eyebrows are also ready to be thinned.

by Anonymousreply 410February 1, 2020 11:43 PM

R407 If you can do physical therapy that would be very helpful. It was for me.

by Anonymousreply 411February 1, 2020 11:46 PM

R411 I broke my femur, it was not a clean break. I was in the hospital for a week, then in a rehab facility for two and a half weeks. I was able to come home just before New Years Day, and since then have had physical and occupational therapists come to my home. I start outpatient physical therapy next week. The bone is just starting to attach, and the bone is being held together by a titanium bar that goes from just above my knee to just below my hip. Its been a slow process, but things are starting to come together.

by Anonymousreply 412February 2, 2020 2:14 AM

R412 oh dear. That’s a lot to go through. Hang on, you’ll get there and it will feel so good.

by Anonymousreply 413February 2, 2020 2:26 AM

I’m salvaging material from an old leather messenger bag and the secondary pieces are not leather.

I have eight ideas, but only enough material for one or two crappy leather projects.

Also, Safari now capitalizes any word inserted into a sentence.

by Anonymousreply 414February 2, 2020 2:36 AM

^^Well, what are the projects? (You don't have to list all 8 of them, it might be overwhelming to read that many).

by Anonymousreply 415February 2, 2020 1:48 PM

A Laptop sleeve and something to wrap a thermos. Clanging annoys me.

The leather looked good, but the bag had carrying strap issues and an ink spill

I’d mention awls, but there’d be whelm.

by Anonymousreply 416February 2, 2020 2:42 PM

Bought goat butter by mistake. Bought crescent rolls in a tube. Goat butter is on my face as I type.

by Anonymousreply 417February 11, 2020 5:24 AM

How is it, R417?

by Anonymousreply 418February 11, 2020 7:33 PM

Sweet, r418.

It also didn’t cost more than the other yuppie butters, so this might be a thing.

by Anonymousreply 419February 11, 2020 9:40 PM

Yesterday we were told to not drink or bathe in water coming out of our faucets. I live in a college town in the Hudson Valley. Something about the Catskills Aqueduct.

My dog is getting thirst so I went outside and put some snow in her water bowl.

by Anonymousreply 420February 12, 2020 12:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!