Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

91% of Russians are criminals!

This doesn't suprise me at all. A co-worker of mine from RUSSIA almost fresh off the boat once told me at lunch that he couldn't believe that in America, companies like UPS could leave packages at the door and no one would steal them. Where he came from, even your most trusted neighbor would steal it before you got home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90October 15, 2019 8:38 PM

That does not surprise me. They have Putin and the Russian government as role models after all.

by Anonymousreply 1September 28, 2019 8:27 AM

These assholes should be fucking deported, not the Mexicans who are working as janitors, housekeepers, and in the fast food restaurants.

This is how DUMP has brainwashed people. He's a sick, twisted fuck who deserves to drop dead, along with all his russian pals.

by Anonymousreply 2September 28, 2019 8:48 AM

russians are filthy and disgusting trash.

Nothing good has ever come of them throughout history, and they are at their very worst nowdays.

Disgusting animals.

by Anonymousreply 3September 28, 2019 8:49 AM

Based on bullshit.

How man USians steal video content?

by Anonymousreply 4September 28, 2019 10:07 AM

Yes OP. This should not surprise you. It’s a hard scrabble life in Russia. Most are criminals who will do anything for money.

by Anonymousreply 5September 28, 2019 10:13 AM

Not a shock, or a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 6September 28, 2019 10:25 AM

R4, "USians"? Are you that completely and utterly stupid?!

by Anonymousreply 7September 28, 2019 10:35 AM

I'v told my younger siblings not to date Russians EVER! Every one a scammer or damaged, if you hear they are Russian - RUN AWAY.

by Anonymousreply 8September 28, 2019 10:38 AM

TIL I learned I'm Russian

by Anonymousreply 9September 28, 2019 10:40 AM

Yes, r5, it is "a hard-scrabble life in Russia." And why is that? Why, under Communism, did Olympic athletes have world-class training facilities and now none? Why were there so many opportunities for women to become doctors? Why did they have a competitive Space program?

Why now do they have so many abandoned orphans, gutter drunkards, prostitutes, and criminals?

Because the thieving oligarchs who destroyed Communism and replaced it with crony Capitalism while taking over industry ownership for themselves do. Not. Care. At. All. About the common Russian man, woman, or child.

Exactly the same as how Trump views American Capitalism and the common American man, woman, or child, of whom Trump knows nothing, has never personally encountered in any meaningful way, or has any idea of their daily lives.

He nor Putin want anything other than money and the power of life and death over others (the latter's being a late-acquired taste of Trump's).

Indeed, Trump would like nothing more than to reduce America and Americans to the "hard-scrabble" life of Russia.

by Anonymousreply 10September 28, 2019 10:48 AM

R7 are you that completely and utterly stupid?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 28, 2019 11:17 AM

Yeah, R7. I’m gonna go with you being the idiot. USians is not something I’d use in formal correspondence or in a work meeting, but on a message board? When making a comparison to Russians? It’s slightly whimsical and emphasizes the comparison.

by Anonymousreply 12September 28, 2019 11:25 AM

And R7 so that you knoq (you may still be an idiot) it is common to call people from the US USians in the foreign press. It is done to distinguish them from Canadians or Mexicans so we refer to the country not the continent.

by Anonymousreply 13September 28, 2019 11:33 AM

Bullshit article.

by Anonymousreply 14September 28, 2019 11:40 AM

I think the criminal element in most Russians is genetic. I have friends (a straight couple) who adopted 2 Russian sisters 15 years ago. They were 10 and 8 at the time of adoption and were adopted from separate orphanages in Murmansk. It's been increasingly hell throughout the years. The youngest one is currently in jail with her parents having been granted a restraining order against her. She's bi-polar but refuses to take the medication prescribed. Got pregnant by some guy from Guatamala, was living with him and his mother until they had enough of her and kicked her out (but kept the baby). Stole her parents car (has no drivers license) and within 4 miles wrecked and totaled it with some lowlife friend in the car with her. The older one is not quite as bad, but no less a liar and a thief. At least she's not (so far) gotten knocked up by some lowlife. She's now moved to another state with 2 lowlifes (roofers) she barely knows, so who knows when or if her parents will ever see her again, but if they do she'll most likely be knocked up and kicked out by the 2 scumbags. They were both raised in a wonderful home by 2 great parents, but they've both turned into consummate liars and will steal anything they can get away with. Nothing their parents have tried has changed them for the better. They've since found out from other parents of Russian orphans in the US that many of these Russian adoptees are no different.

by Anonymousreply 15September 28, 2019 11:46 AM

Anecdotally my friend married a Russian who seemed great. Then money at her business was missing and when she asked, he denied it. 4 hours later she came home to an empty house. He'd taken everything and 2 cars. He left their daughter whose grown into a little outlaw. He emptied the bank accounts and is just gone. Probably back to Russia.

by Anonymousreply 16September 28, 2019 11:56 AM

R15, I wouldn’t attribute the issues of two kid adopted at 8 and 10 from a Russian orphanage as genetic.

I think some posters here should replace the word Russian with black and re-read their posts.

I’ve worked with a lot of Russians who got to the US by excelling academically and I like them. Maybe the Russians who had less talent and more hardscrabble lives in Russia have different characteristics. I’m not going attribute it to genetics. There may be an alcohol issue, but I’m of Irish extraction so I can’t hold it against them.

by Anonymousreply 17September 28, 2019 12:11 PM

I'm an American and I never pay for content if I don't have to.

by Anonymousreply 18September 28, 2019 12:27 PM

This goes way beyond Putin. He’s a symptom.

For centuries, technologically backward Russians would keep up with western innovations by stealing them. That’s actually why the Russian spy service was established.

The Russians got almost all of the modern tech they have by stealing it. Nuclear weapons? Stolen. Space and rocket tech? Kidnapped German scientists (although to be fair that’s how we got it, too).

The Chinese are the same way, of course. These countries invent nothing on their own so they just don’t understand what it means to protect or appreciate intellectual property.

by Anonymousreply 19September 28, 2019 1:01 PM

No, that is all Europeans and even Australians. They see pics of the postman putting mail in the mailbox, putting up the flag and they ask, "Is it locked? Don't people steal your mail?"

It's not the foreigners that are stealing boxes though.

by Anonymousreply 20September 28, 2019 2:24 PM

R4 types like a Russian troll working to root out anti-Russian facts and replace them with propaganda (ie, what they do all facts in the Russian effort to destabilize the Western world). Yes, Americans (what the rest of the [italic]civilized[/italic] world calls citizens of the United States despite it's slightly inaccurate inclusion of Canada and Mexico; we're talking about people, not geography) steal intellectual property, but to nowhere near the extent than that of Eastern bloc and Asian countries.

And it is rather amazing that so many citizens of other countries marvel at our postal system (and by extension, UPS and FedEx) and the way that most houses have an unlocked mailbox and even those that have common-area locked boxes you can leave a parcel out and for the most part, it's safely there for the intended recipient to pick up. Then again, our postal system is in our Constitution, thankfully, as it just drives greedy capitalists nuts that you can send a letter from coast to coast for only 50 cents, it gets there in less than a week (usually 2 days), and it is a Federal crime for anyone other than the recipient to open and read the contents and further, the government has to obtain permission to open and read mail outside of certain specific circumstances. Our postal system is the envy of the world, and we deserve it so long as we can maintain it and not allow Republicans and capitalism to ruin it.

Under Nancy Pelosi's leadership, the House just passed an interesting piece of postal regulation: we're leaving the international postal union's special rules for China (wherein Chinese shippers have been paying artificially low postal rates for packages shipped into the US: it was only $2 for a 4.4-pound package shipped from China to any address inside the US, which is why Amazon is flooded with cheap Chinese crap) which she dangled in front of Trump and dared him not to sign, but tied to the legislation is the repeal of the Republican-created pre-funding of postal pensions in which the post office was required to deposit $billions in retirement accounts 75 years before the funds were to begin being utilized; that's right, folks, the post office has been setting aside funds for workers who are [italic]not even born yet[/italic], a gimmick dreamed up by the Republicans to force the Post Office into bankruptcy so that it could be sold off to the highest bidder for pennies on the dollar. So, Pelosi sees that Trump hates Amazon's Bezos enough to do anything to screw Amazon's Chinese business, and that will entice him to sign a bill that ends one of the most diabolical Republican schemes of the last 25 years, and that's saying something.

by Anonymousreply 21September 28, 2019 2:56 PM

The Russian adoptee I know - 28 years old and brought here at 5 by an upper middle class couple - is one f the most damaged alcoholics I know. Despite years of therapy, great schools and family support, he just wants to get drunk and waste his life. I think the problem is then orphanages were cesspools of horrible behavior. Everyone who was in one is permanently damaged. And fetal alcohol syndrome was common,

by Anonymousreply 22September 28, 2019 3:33 PM

[quote]Yes, Americans (what the rest of the civilized world calls citizens of the United States despite it's slightly inaccurate inclusion of Canada and Mexico

I would say "he / she is from the States" before I would say "American". I only started saying "American" when I heard people from the States say it.

Wouldn't Americans be anyone from the Americas? The only reason American is likely popular as a term to refer to people from the States is because it's easier to say than USians or People From The United States Of America.

I would NEVER call the States "America".

by Anonymousreply 23September 28, 2019 3:42 PM

Whoops

by Anonymousreply 24September 28, 2019 3:42 PM

My friend's adopted Russian daughter's birth parents were still alive when they adopted them. The father was a lowlife criminal and the mother a drug addict. Both girls, along with all their siblings, had been sent to live with their grandmother. The grandmother was already poor and eventually had to turn the two youngest girls over to an orphanage. Shortly afterward the girls were separated and placed into different orphanages. My friend's wife told me she knew they were making a mistake before they even finalized the adoption. They spent 3 weeks in Murmansk before they were allowed to leave with the girls. But her husband insisted they go ahead with it. They've both been beaten bloody repeatedly by those 2 lunatics, the father has had a heart attack and is now suffering with dementia (he's 76). Their mother (67) had a stroke from which she will never fully recover. And those two demon girls have known they could do whatever they wanted because of it. I'm just glad one's in jail and the other one is in another state so my friends can have some measure of peace in the last few years they have to live.

And the saddest part is both of those girls have been arrested more times than I can count over the last 7 or so years (mainly for attacking their parents) and the worthless courts have kept letting them off. Finally the youngest one was arrested about 6 weeks ago after going on a rampage in the house alone with her mother, who called 911. No one would pay her bail so she sat in jail until her hearing 2 weeks ago and thankfully she finally went before a judge who looked at all the hell she's caused and decided the time had come to put a stop to it.

But I'm sure the older one will be back at some point, pregnant, wanting her parents to let her move back in with them. They've both told her and the younger one they can never live in their house again, even if it means living on the streets.

by Anonymousreply 25September 28, 2019 3:52 PM

R25 - I’ve heard those stories - and witnessed one - so often. Not sure if I feel,it was noble of the adopters to try to help - or egocentric to want a kid that badly. But have never heard of it turning out ok.

by Anonymousreply 26September 28, 2019 3:55 PM

We’ve been successfully outsourcing our criminality since November 8th, 2016.

by Anonymousreply 27September 28, 2019 3:58 PM

Look at R17, defending Russians over Americans who happen to be black!

by Anonymousreply 28September 28, 2019 4:00 PM

[QUOTE]These assholes should be fucking deported, not the Mexicans who are working as janitors, housekeepers, and in the fast food restaurants.

Move to Phoenix or any other city infested with Mexicans and I guarantee that in a month you'll be sending donations to the Build The Wall Fund.

by Anonymousreply 29September 28, 2019 4:03 PM

R23, honey no-one would ever say 'American' and mean Mexican/Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 30September 28, 2019 4:10 PM

This thread is full of really ignorant stereotyping.

by Anonymousreply 31September 28, 2019 4:17 PM

Russians = trash

by Anonymousreply 32September 28, 2019 4:21 PM

There are lots of seemingly well adjusted and handsome young Russian guys on Chaturbate, they seem to be making an honest living....or just building their college fund.

by Anonymousreply 33September 28, 2019 5:17 PM

You misspelled "meth", R33. (Hint: it's not spelled "college".)

by Anonymousreply 34September 28, 2019 5:32 PM

Russian students in the US cheat on exams and papers all the time, too. If they get caught they just laugh about it, because they think everyone does it.

by Anonymousreply 35September 28, 2019 5:34 PM

Show me a legit press article that uses "USians" rather than "Americans," r11, r12, and r13.

It is not a word.

by Anonymousreply 36September 28, 2019 6:07 PM

r23, Then you, Dear, are in a very small minority.

by Anonymousreply 37September 28, 2019 6:08 PM

91% seems low. The remaining 9% must be too drunk to commit crimes.

by Anonymousreply 38September 28, 2019 6:14 PM

[quote]Russian students in the US cheat on exams and papers all the time, too. If they get caught they just laugh about it, because they think everyone does it.

Outrageous!

by Anonymousreply 39September 28, 2019 6:15 PM

My neighborhood is heavily Russian. I believe the article. One neighborhood has a lot of Mexicans and they seem to be mostly hard workers and are much nicer to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 40September 28, 2019 6:27 PM

Albania was under communist rule and someone collected the first compilation of Albanian fold songs in the 1920s and 1930s. The title of the album was “Dont Trust Your Neighbors.”

by Anonymousreply 41September 28, 2019 6:29 PM

I learned it the hard way that you don't want to spend your vacation at a resort which has Russians run around in packs. They are loud, they are obnoxious, they hog everything and gang up on you if you complain.

by Anonymousreply 42September 28, 2019 6:33 PM

You also don't want to eat in a restaurant with mostly Russians eating there. They are loud and will light up a cigarette no matter what the law says. The young ones cause so fucking many traffic accidents in areas where a lot of them live too.

by Anonymousreply 43September 28, 2019 7:59 PM

R3, not a Tolstoy, Dostoevsky or Chekhov fan?

by Anonymousreply 44September 28, 2019 8:11 PM

Portland, Oregon is full of them. Con artists for sure. They have lots of money laundering businesses on the east side and into Gresham. Most of the shady used car lots along 82nd are Russian owned. Lots of mob ties here.

by Anonymousreply 45September 28, 2019 8:27 PM

Don't Russias have a big presence in WeHo, L.A.?

by Anonymousreply 46September 28, 2019 8:30 PM

91% of Russian men also have the same hairstyle.

by Anonymousreply 47September 28, 2019 8:46 PM

R47, your post is worthless without pix.

by Anonymousreply 48September 28, 2019 8:56 PM

I’m not sure she’s a criminal, but the biggest label whore i’ve ever known immigrated from Mother Russian.

Every time she’d see me, she would point to her clothing and tell me the designer. Finally, I said “Gurl, you got that at T.J. Maxi, stop pretending you shop at designer boutiques.”

by Anonymousreply 49September 28, 2019 8:58 PM

If you go to any resort where they're vacationing, forget the breakfast buffet. Unless you get there before they do, you're out of luck. They eat then take as much as they can with them, leaving nothing for the other guests.

They also take the extra toilet paper rolls from their rooms back home in their luggage.

by Anonymousreply 50September 28, 2019 9:28 PM

If you go to any resort where they're vacationing, forget the breakfast buffet. Unless you get there before they do, you're out of luck. They eat then take as much as they can with them, leaving nothing for the other guests.

They also take the extra toilet paper rolls from their rooms back home in their luggage.

by Anonymousreply 51September 28, 2019 9:28 PM

Pirating is a stupid crime. Shut the fuck up, troll.

by Anonymousreply 52September 28, 2019 9:59 PM

Well, my parents adopted a beautiful Irish baby and he grew up to be a monster. Did his best to destroy our family. We haven't seen him in years. My father admitted it was the mistake of his life. So it ain't just the Russkies.

by Anonymousreply 53September 28, 2019 10:16 PM

Classic Russian Whataboutism ^^

by Anonymousreply 54September 29, 2019 3:08 AM

R53, he says the same thing about you.

by Anonymousreply 55September 29, 2019 3:33 AM

I admit the harboring a prejudice against Russians. I'm sure that it's based on ignorance and fear and generalizing from personal experience and/or media representations..., like all prejudice. Nonetheless, I do not trust them and assume them to be in some way criminal until proven otherwise.. There is no other nationality I feel this way about either.

by Anonymousreply 56September 29, 2019 4:14 AM

12 reasons why Russia sucks, by a Russian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57September 29, 2019 4:43 AM

There are different national and cultural standards of civic virtue and expected levels of honesty.

by Anonymousreply 58September 29, 2019 4:47 AM

That article is so depressing, r57. But it goes to show how historical abuse, war, famine traumatised an entire population.

If anything, Trump/Brexit/Bolsanoro et Al, should prove how precarious our lifestyles are.

by Anonymousreply 59September 29, 2019 10:12 AM

Are we talking Russian Orthodox, or Russian Jews?

Because there’s a difference! One is more clever than the other!

by Anonymousreply 60September 29, 2019 10:49 AM

The blog (in Russian) linked at R57 shows the poverty in more detail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61September 29, 2019 10:55 AM

I live across the street from the Russian Embassy in DC. Unlike other embassies here, this one seems like a fancy concentration camp. The residents there are so paranoid. I helped a young mother get her kid's stroller up the curb and she looked terrified. I'm female by the way. Made me wonder what they're told about Americans.

by Anonymousreply 62September 29, 2019 11:08 AM

Russian men are really evolved.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63September 29, 2019 3:31 PM

I find it a bit ironic that the overwhelming majority of people who think it's cute to call Americans "USians" are themselves from what's apparently the only united constitutional monarchy on earth.

by Anonymousreply 64September 29, 2019 3:56 PM

They're garbage people. No wonder Trump likes them.

by Anonymousreply 65September 29, 2019 5:58 PM

R63, that's from DOM-2, a super-trashy Big Brother–meets–Love Island reality show where the contestants build a house together while also trying to pair off into couples; then the couples live in the house while competing to be able to own it. Lots of drinking, spontaneous fighting, and guys slapping girls around.

by Anonymousreply 66September 29, 2019 6:12 PM

Indeed, R66. Every country has Big Brother, but none have the level of violence that the Russian version does.

by Anonymousreply 67September 29, 2019 6:17 PM

Though Russia does grow a surprising percentage of people who are criminally minded, I do know that there are good Russian immigrants in the US. But, you'll mainly find them outside the larger cities where they tend to end up. In my experience the ones who gravitate to small towns and rural areas, running businesses, farming, etc. tend to be salt of the earth folks. They also treasure everything about the USA and are the first ones to talk about what a great country it is, at least in their minds.

Regarding the adopted Russian orphan debacle so many experience, I've read that the majority of children placed in Russian orphanages are placed there not because they're orphans, but because their parents either can't take care of them, or realize the children are mentally ill and aren't willing to take care of them. Of course the Russian orphanages don't bother to tell the prospective adoptive parents the kids they want are crazy. They just want to get rid of them the quickest way.

by Anonymousreply 68September 29, 2019 6:26 PM

Can’t the adopted parents of these Russian maniacs get their hands on some fentanyl and stage a drug overdose?

by Anonymousreply 69September 29, 2019 7:56 PM

Russians are extremely trashy but at least some of the men, when young, are hot.

Mexicans, on the other hand, are equally trashy but are also ugly as shit.

Russians 1

Mexicans 0

by Anonymousreply 70September 29, 2019 8:06 PM

Most Russians are ugly, just like hideous DL trolls who can't get laid like R70

by Anonymousreply 71September 29, 2019 8:20 PM

R70, I've seen more hot Mexican men than Russian men.

by Anonymousreply 72September 29, 2019 8:30 PM

Classic Russian Whataboutism in r70

by Anonymousreply 73September 30, 2019 9:31 AM

R70, homophobia is never sexy, the concept itself is an existential threat.

by Anonymousreply 74September 30, 2019 11:31 AM

I deal with many Russians at my job, and for each one that is pleasant, there are SCORES who are vile.

by Anonymousreply 75September 30, 2019 5:47 PM

[quote]Where he came from, even your most trusted neighbor would steal it before you got home.

In Soviet Russia, package steals neighbor!

by Anonymousreply 76September 30, 2019 11:30 PM

You had my child in Memphis then I heard of work in Nashville But we didn't find it there so we moved on To a small farm in Nebraska, to a gold mine in Alaska We didn't find it there so we moved on.

by Anonymousreply 77October 1, 2019 3:44 AM

A woman wrote yet another story if preschool angst among upper class manhattanites. When her kids got to elementary school age the parents were all vying to get them into an unnamed coveted public school (it was obviously PS 6) and she talked of a Russian multimillionaire who said if his kid didn't get in on smarts he was going to game the system and go for "a disability" (no doubt he was going to claim his kid was on the autism spectrum). She said he wondered why everyone didn't do the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 78October 3, 2019 2:53 AM

Hunny all you have to do is watch Chernobyl. I thought they did a great job of capturing the Russian mentality. They are so desperate and so dishonest and conniving, they couldn't give you the right answer if you asked they if the sun rises in the East.

by Anonymousreply 79October 3, 2019 3:01 AM

I recently read where people from the Russian steppes area were able to take over Europe in the caveman times because they brought The Plague with them.

by Anonymousreply 80October 3, 2019 3:48 AM

Fake news by American troll farms.

by Anonymousreply 81October 3, 2019 11:20 AM

A woman and her two teenage kids came to visit a neighbor who is also Russian. While waiting in the lobby for a car service she bragged about how she stole enough money from the organization to help very poor Russian Jews to buy a house, back in Russia. Now a house there might cost a few hundred dollars for all I know. Another neighbor who learned Russian for her hospital job told me what this woman said after the woman went to her car. It's not even her stealing from a charity that pisses me off because I would expect that but that she was so proudly bragging about it in front of kids as if it made her a hero or something. The kids looked at her as if she was saying she found a cure for cancer. Obviously they are already young criminals.

by Anonymousreply 82October 3, 2019 6:47 PM

Mean, nasty, drunken people who always have a chip on their shoulder.

Russia manufactures nothing, does nothing worthwhile and only has a lot of oil.

They have a big country with a lot of areas that could be opened up for eco-tourism, but who the hell would want to visit there, get ripped off, and be treated like dirt. No thanks, I'll spend my cash on vacations elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 83October 3, 2019 6:59 PM

OP must work in the entertainment industry. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 84October 3, 2019 7:14 PM

Did we forget where Pirate Bay started from??

by Anonymousreply 85October 3, 2019 7:15 PM

Millennials are the same way.

by Anonymousreply 86October 3, 2019 7:15 PM

Whatabout the entertainment industry, whatabout millennials, whatabout anybody other than us??

by Anonymousreply 87October 3, 2019 8:38 PM

Russians are foul garbage people.

by Anonymousreply 88October 15, 2019 7:12 PM

R84 is a russian trash CUNT!

by Anonymousreply 89October 15, 2019 7:15 PM

I can't co-sign the OP's declaration but I do know that there are constantly shortages of everything and that Russia's economy is smaller than Italy's. I do know that Putin and his oligarchs have accumulated enough wealth to make our 1% ers look like paupers. I do know that the standard of living in Russia is not good and people are constantly up against the wall to just get through the week. Poor housing, poor access to clean water, poor electricity, etc. They are a failed state with the blending of the criminal element with the politicians to be almost indistinguishable.

After watching Chernobyl, and getting some insight into the culture of dishonesty fostered by ambitious fearful petty bureaucrats, I can understand why ordinary people might have larceny in their hearts. It is almost necessary to survive. It is a despicable situation when the state reduces people to suchends.

by Anonymousreply 90October 15, 2019 8:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!