Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jumanji 3: The Next Level - will you watch?

Will you watch the next installment to Jumaji?

I loved the original and surprisingly loved the second one, but this seems like overkill. They should have just left it alone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74December 20, 2019 12:29 PM

Ugh, another one of these trashfests. Did the last one really make enough bank to warrant a sequel? The Rock, Kevin Hart, and Jack Black all suck and their careers are floundering. Karen Gillan is above this.

by Anonymousreply 1September 24, 2019 8:22 PM

These movies are for kids and low IQ adults.

by Anonymousreply 2September 24, 2019 8:26 PM

R1 the last one made $962 million

by Anonymousreply 3September 24, 2019 8:27 PM

R3 JESUS CHRIST!

by Anonymousreply 4September 24, 2019 8:33 PM

Kevin Hart = no. I don't boycott things usually, but I certainly will not pay any money or support any of his movies. I've also been a huge fan of the Rock for years, but his friendship with Hart has dampened his shine for me (that and the insane roids).

I did see the remake, and it was only decent for Jack Black playing the avatar for the ditzy blonde.

by Anonymousreply 5September 24, 2019 8:33 PM

It is out today. Am going to see it.

by Anonymousreply 6December 12, 2019 8:47 PM

If someone can make an edit that deletes every shot of that detestable screeching howler monkey Kevin "I"m a Whiny Bitch" Hart, I might.

by Anonymousreply 7December 12, 2019 8:48 PM

I can't look at The Rock's busted face and gross lumpy roid body, so I'll skip it.

by Anonymousreply 8December 12, 2019 8:49 PM

KEVIN HART.

Never supporting a film with him in it.

by Anonymousreply 9December 13, 2019 6:01 PM

I saw it yesterday, and Hart is hysterical in this one. Him and Jack Black are top notch, once again.

by Anonymousreply 10December 13, 2019 6:05 PM

R10, you're a willfully ignorant queen who kisses the asses of virulent homophobes.

by Anonymousreply 11December 13, 2019 8:07 PM

All I could think of when I was done watching it was that I want Nick Jonas inside me. The rest of the film was quite decent. Kevin Hart may be the worst actor of the bunch, but his Danny Glover impersonation wasn't that horrible at least compared to the Rock doing Danny Devito. Not as funny as the first, but entertaining if you ignore the plot and just ignore the actors chemistry with eachother and the mindless set pieces.

by Anonymousreply 12December 13, 2019 8:12 PM

I found it very fun. Kevin Hart was great.

by Anonymousreply 13December 13, 2019 8:32 PM

And, R13, you're an asslicking self-hating wigger, or a white fraucunt who adores homophobes.

You're not convincing anyone to see this dumb movie, you shit-eating cunt.

by Anonymousreply 14December 13, 2019 8:45 PM

I guess millions of white people are “wiggers” for being Hart fans. He sells out stadiums.

by Anonymousreply 15December 13, 2019 8:50 PM

Trump fills stadiums, too. That doesn't make him good, either.

by Anonymousreply 16December 14, 2019 12:03 AM

R16 Are we really comparing a stand up comic gone famous actor like Hart to Trump?

by Anonymousreply 17December 14, 2019 2:25 AM

R17 Oh god, please don't call him an actor. You can call him a comedian, but please, don't pretend like he's an "actor".

by Anonymousreply 18December 14, 2019 3:32 AM

Only a few words away from Trumpian hatred:

In one 2011 tweet, the comedian and movie star wrote, "Yo if my son comes home & try's 2 play with my daughters doll house I'm going 2 break it over his head & say n my voice 'stop that's gay.'" In another from 2010, Hart says someone's profile pic looks "like a gay bill board for AIDS." And in another written in 2009, he calls someone a "fat faced fag."

by Anonymousreply 19December 14, 2019 4:10 AM

A 2011 standup routine about his then 3-year-old son having a "gay moment" — "You've got to nip it in the bud!" he warned the audience — was criticized as promoting homophobic and dangerous parenting

by Anonymousreply 20December 14, 2019 4:10 AM

"I swear, man, our world is becoming beyond crazy. I'm not going to let the craziness frustrate me or anger me, especially when I worked hard to get to the mental space that I am at now."

What mental space? The Asshole Zone?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 14, 2019 4:12 AM

How dumb do you have to be to go and PAY to see this? America has the leader it deserves.

by Anonymousreply 22December 14, 2019 4:13 AM

That was 2011. People change. He has apologized.

by Anonymousreply 23December 14, 2019 4:15 AM

He didn't change, idiot. He only apologized after his assholism was caught and it cost him a job.

R23, you're a bucket of stupid.

by Anonymousreply 24December 14, 2019 4:16 AM

And even more shittery from the shitface Hart midget:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 14, 2019 4:35 AM

I don't get why gay men here defend Hart so much. What do you have to gain from it? Is it because you want to fuck him? I genuinely don't understand why we're defending him, you know damn well that if it was a sexism situation instead of homophobia you'd all be lining up to flay him.

by Anonymousreply 26December 14, 2019 12:29 PM

There's a weird double-standard when it comes to black celebrities and homophobia, as if they've got a pass to hate gays so it doesn't matter. Look at Chappelle.

by Anonymousreply 27December 14, 2019 12:31 PM

A comedian making jokes isn’t homophobia. Gay jokes have been a thing for decades.

by Anonymousreply 28December 14, 2019 12:37 PM

R28 Know what else has been around for decades? Beating gay guys to death. Are we going to excuse gay-bashing because it's been around for decades? I swear to God, chemical castration for gay men could be brought back and the idiots on here would still defend it. You're a self-sabotaging dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 29December 14, 2019 12:46 PM

I liked the previous one from 2017. It was a fun ride and was decently made. I'll catch this one at some point, although not in a theater.

Kevin Hart is pretty much a midget and a motor mouth. It's like watching a giant baby. Yes he's had some questionable material before but I can't really see him as a super homophobe. However I do get if people are offended by his actions. Gay issues can be quite complex for het guys, especially if they are a bit bi themselves. That obviously doesn't mean it's ok to be homophobic but it might explain it to a point. I was bullied as a gay teen myself and certainly understand how hurtful and dangerous homophobia can be. Still, Hart has apologized unlike cunts like Eddie Murphy. We have to give credit to people who are willing to change. If we shun everyone who's at some point done questionable things there's no way we'll ever find common ground since we've all made our own mistakes.

I should point out that when one of my bullies dies a few years back I didn't give a shit. He tried to talk to me a few years after the bullying when we met on the street and was trying to apologize in a way but I just looked at him coldly and without saying a word I just kept walking. Decades later noticed he kept posting homophobic comments from his Facebook account, and would later delete them. He was never married and I never heard him dating anyone, and I always assumed he was a closet case. He ended up dying alone in his early 40s. I sort of feel sorry for him but having seen how he kept spreading the hate until the end I don't really care. So yes, I totally understand if people don't forgive homophobic bullies. Should Hart come out as a homophobe now I'd certainly start avoiding him but his earlier apologies were enough for me.

by Anonymousreply 30December 14, 2019 1:05 PM

I have only seen the first Jumanji. So won't be checking this one out anytime soon. I can't remember the last time i saw Colin Hanks in a big blockbuster movie.

by Anonymousreply 31December 14, 2019 1:13 PM

I agree with the other posters who will avoid any movie with Kevin Hart. And the Rock? That cinches it.

by Anonymousreply 32December 14, 2019 1:40 PM

It's a shitty dumb action movie sequel to a beloved IP that stars Dwayne "Can't Act For Shit" Johnson. It'll make millions upon millions.

by Anonymousreply 33December 14, 2019 2:19 PM

The hate for Hart is ridiculous. He is a comedian. That is what they do. Comedians also make racial jokes, him included. He has made jokes stereotyping black men and women, Hispanics, white people etc. why do gays feel they are sacred little creatures no one should say a word about?

by Anonymousreply 34December 14, 2019 4:31 PM

R34 This is a gay site, sweetie. If you think for a second that we aren't going to defend ourselves against homophobia you've got another thing comin'. Besides, what the hell are you even doing here if you don't like gays sticking up for themselves? It sounds like you took a wrong turn, Lipstick Alley's down the hall and to the left.

by Anonymousreply 35December 14, 2019 4:45 PM

R35 choose your battles wisely. You’re defending yourself against WHAT??? A comedians JOKES? Really????

by Anonymousreply 36December 14, 2019 4:56 PM

R36 If POC are allowed to get outraged at racial jokes, and women are allowed to get outraged at rape jokes, why are gays not allowed to get outraged at homophobic jokes? Why are we always expected to just sit there and take homophobia while other groups can shout their outrage from the rooftops? The double-standard is aggravating and I've had enough of it, so yeah, I choose to fight this battle. We have to stand up ourselves, nobody else will.

by Anonymousreply 37December 14, 2019 5:21 PM

Only the SJWs get outraged. I know a joke is a joke. It isn’t that deep.

by Anonymousreply 38December 14, 2019 6:24 PM

I liked "Welcome to the Jungle" enough to watch "The Next Level" when it comes to cable or streaming. despite Kevin Hart. What made WttJ for me was Nick Jonas. I didn't know he was in the movie when I first saw it and he was definitely a pleasant surprise.

by Anonymousreply 39December 14, 2019 6:25 PM

Jonas is not even funny. Or anything. How was that the highlight?

by Anonymousreply 40December 14, 2019 6:31 PM

[quote] If POC are allowed to get outraged at racial jokes, and women are allowed to get outraged at rape jokes, why are gays not allowed to get outraged at homophobic jokes?

POCs and women post on DL and they don't freak out over stupid jokes.

by Anonymousreply 41December 14, 2019 6:33 PM

R40 He was the comedic foil to Jack Black's character in the first one. The Rock himself is a comedic foil to Kevin Hart. When everyone is supposed to be the funny one, you get something like The Ghostbusters reboot.

by Anonymousreply 42December 14, 2019 6:35 PM

There's only one Jumanji for me and that's the original. I recently viewed it again for the first time in decades and I was shocked (and a bit embarrassed ) by how much I still enjoyed it. Strangely touching film. I loved Robin Williams , and the child actors were quite good.

by Anonymousreply 43December 15, 2019 1:36 AM

There's only one Jumanji for me and that's the original. I recently viewed it again for the first time in decades and I was shocked (and a bit embarrassed ) by how much I still enjoyed it. Strangely touching film. I loved Robin Williams , and the child actors were quite good.

by Anonymousreply 44December 15, 2019 1:36 AM

Whoops sorry about that double post

by Anonymousreply 45December 15, 2019 1:38 AM

Because you have never heard of Kirsten Dunst?

by Anonymousreply 46December 15, 2019 2:00 AM

"Jonas is not even funny. Or anything. How was that the highlight?"

Maybe it's the ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47December 15, 2019 2:45 AM

That is called loose pants around a flat ass

by Anonymousreply 48December 15, 2019 3:44 AM

Kevin Hart is a completely repellent human being and when people let him know it he blames it on others' racism. On Graham Norton he said he hates all animals because they don't get him to which Dwayne Johnson responded something to the effect of, have you considered animals pick up on your nasty attitude and react to that? I think the same happens to Kevin and people. He's a nasty fucking dwarf.

by Anonymousreply 49December 15, 2019 6:35 AM

R42 the new Ghostbusters reboot doesn't look good either.

R43 the original certainly has alot more heart.

R49 I'd love to know what Kevin's response was to that 😆

by Anonymousreply 50December 15, 2019 9:54 AM

I have never heard Hart cry racism. Not once. Fuck off r49

by Anonymousreply 51December 15, 2019 1:12 PM

Saw Jumanji 3 with nephews last night. It is a good movie. The Jonas brother is one handsome man. The action never stops in this movie.

by Anonymousreply 52December 15, 2019 1:30 PM

"I have never heard Hart cry racism. Not once. Fuck off [R49]"

R51 You're not listening, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 53December 15, 2019 6:00 PM

This is the only thing I've seen Karen Gillan in and am shocked she isn't American. Perfect accent.

by Anonymousreply 54December 15, 2019 6:11 PM

He does not bring up race

by Anonymousreply 55December 15, 2019 6:13 PM

I wouldn't boycott a movie because Hart has a supporting role. I wouldn't go see a movie because of him either. This looked like fun and I enjoy The Rock and especially Nick Jonas.

by Anonymousreply 56December 15, 2019 6:15 PM

Jack Black is hilarious in it. Really enjoyed it. Good movie for the holidays.

by Anonymousreply 57December 15, 2019 6:24 PM

Hart brings up race constantly, how he's the only Black person in the room, how people look at him this or that way because he's Black, how animals probably don't like him because he's the only Black around. How the fuck does he not bring up race constantly?

by Anonymousreply 58December 15, 2019 6:24 PM

Oh, gosh. Forget about Hart. It is a good movie. Fun and the kids wanted to watch it cuz of the Rock.

by Anonymousreply 59December 15, 2019 6:28 PM

R58 ok. Links?

by Anonymousreply 60December 15, 2019 7:15 PM

God that Kevin Fart buffoon is everywhere. He’s so damn ugly.

by Anonymousreply 61December 15, 2019 7:17 PM

R61 Ugly??

by Anonymousreply 62December 15, 2019 7:21 PM

Hart is attractive

by Anonymousreply 63December 15, 2019 7:23 PM

...to sycophants and asslickers like you, R63.

by Anonymousreply 64December 15, 2019 10:21 PM

R64 GET OVER IT. HE DID NOTHING TO YOU.

by Anonymousreply 65December 15, 2019 10:22 PM

Screaming won't make you less stupid, hon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 15, 2019 10:24 PM

"gay, gay, fag, gay, etc. etc. etc."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67December 15, 2019 10:25 PM

That has nothing to do with race. You claim he cries racism all the time. I asked for a link. You have yet to provide it.

We know about the GAY JOKES.

by Anonymousreply 68December 15, 2019 10:28 PM

^^ You're talking to two people as if they were one. I'm the one who claims he brings up (not claims) race (not racism) into every conversation all the time. Why don't you try to respond intelligently instead of react?

by Anonymousreply 69December 15, 2019 11:19 PM

Why don’t you post links?

by Anonymousreply 70December 16, 2019 12:01 AM

R70 Because this is not a doctoral dissertation. It's just my observation of someone I consider repellent.

by Anonymousreply 71December 16, 2019 12:52 AM

Because you’re just speaking out of your ass and can not prove what you are putting at the table

by Anonymousreply 72December 16, 2019 12:54 AM

[quote]Not as funny as the first, but entertaining if you ignore the plot and just ignore the actors chemistry with eachother and the mindless set pieces.

This somehow doesn't read as a glowing recommendation.

by Anonymousreply 73December 16, 2019 1:23 AM

This was a lot more fun than I thought it was going to be.

by Anonymousreply 74December 20, 2019 12:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!