Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sanders, Yang to miss CNN's town hall on LGBTQ issues

Why?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 20, 2019 3:04 AM

I guess Putin told Bernie to sit this one out.

by Anonymousreply 1September 20, 2019 2:25 AM

I guess Putin told Bernie to sit this one out.

by Anonymousreply 2September 20, 2019 2:25 AM

I don't mind that. I DO mind they they will both also miss tomorrow's LGBT forum in Iowa. Just force yourself and attend one of them, ffs.

If you miss both, it just tells me the subject matter grosses you out. I'm sure that's not true for Bernie, but Yang? And don't try to fucking sell me on Yang here on DL ever again after this.

by Anonymousreply 3September 20, 2019 2:26 AM

Let the Bernouts make excuses for him; if HRC had done this, they'd have the pitchforks out.

by Anonymousreply 4September 20, 2019 2:28 AM

Bernie already booked at a climate summit. You could’ve just googled it.

by Anonymousreply 5September 20, 2019 2:28 AM

r5 Climate summit is today and tomorrow, which is why Biden and Warren couldn't make it because of the LGBT forum tomorrow. OP's news is about the LGBT town hall next month.

by Anonymousreply 6September 20, 2019 2:31 AM

Bernie gets a pass, but not Yang? Racist? White privilege?

by Anonymousreply 7September 20, 2019 2:37 AM

For anyone still confused:

Climate summit on MSNBC - September 19 and 20 in Iowa

LGBT presidential forum - September 20 in Iowa (two-hour event)

LGBT town hall on CNN - October 10 in L.A. (30 minutes per candidate)

If you can't be arsed with attending at least one of the two events dedicated to gay issues (outside of pride parades), you just might not give a shit about us. Sorry, but that's the truth.

by Anonymousreply 8September 20, 2019 2:38 AM

Bernie won't win the nomination, but he won't drop out either. He disrupts Democratic chances. Yang doesn't impress me either.

by Anonymousreply 9September 20, 2019 2:38 AM

If you're keeping score... Bennet, Delaney, Ryan, and Bullock will also miss both events. Not that any of those surprise me, let's be real.

Bullock could potentially have an excuse because he's appearing at the climate summit tomorrow. However, he's on before Pete in the morning, so I don't know why he couldn't make it to the forum by 7pm like Pete.

by Anonymousreply 10September 20, 2019 2:52 AM

r5 Here's the real kicker - Bernie appeared at the climate summit TODAY, so he really had no excuse not to attend the forum tomorrow. Especially when both Pete and Booker can squeeze in both in the same day.

by Anonymousreply 11September 20, 2019 2:59 AM

Shouldn't it be "LGBTQ"?

by Anonymousreply 12September 20, 2019 3:02 AM

Yes, I sometimes shorten it out of habit, or just use "gay". Doubt anyone here will complain.

by Anonymousreply 13September 20, 2019 3:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!