Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What's with the Kamala hate?

Racism? Misogyny? She gives good vibes and could beat Trump given the chance.

by Anonymousreply 24September 20, 2019 3:25 AM

Never trust a former DA as a politician

by Anonymousreply 1September 20, 2019 12:10 AM

I've been disappointed she's not done much to distinguish herself as a candidate. I wanted her to emerge as the pack leader, but except for that first debate where she went after Biden, she's been pretty uninteresting.

You have to do more than just give good vibes.

by Anonymousreply 2September 20, 2019 12:11 AM

Wokesters dislike the fact that she’s not “storming the ramparts” enough.

by Anonymousreply 3September 20, 2019 12:13 AM

R1 It could work in our favor.

by Anonymousreply 4September 20, 2019 12:13 AM

She's basically out anyway, so it doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 5September 20, 2019 12:31 AM

This podcast, which includes an interview with her, turned me off to her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 20, 2019 12:55 AM

Trolls, trolls and more trolls.

Do you notice that there is no single Democratic candidate these trolls do not attack? Hmmm why do you think that is? Could it be tolls at work on their agenda?

by Anonymousreply 7September 20, 2019 12:56 AM

I really like Kamala, but I agree with the poster above that she hasn’t really distinguished herself from the pack. It’s not just Kamala—is put Cory Booker and Beto in the same boat. Warren has been able to increase her numbers, while everyone else has remained steady.

by Anonymousreply 8September 20, 2019 1:08 AM

^ I put Cory Booker...

by Anonymousreply 9September 20, 2019 1:12 AM

I agree, OP. I still like Kamala even despite the distasteful Biden bus attack. I also think she would eat Trump alive and pick her teeth with his bones, she is a sight to behold in her capacity as a prosecutor!

Unlike r8, I cannot stand phony cory booker or short-bus beto.

by Anonymousreply 10September 20, 2019 1:17 AM

R10, I actually like Cory Booker, but he needs to stay in the Senate. And Beto needs to refocus on Texas state politics. He can really help turn Texas purple, but he’s running a futile campaign for president instead. Biden, Warren and Harris are my top picks for the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 11September 20, 2019 1:29 AM

I'm a Canadian and Kamala really isn't prepared to be President - she's gotten a free pass so far because of her race and gender. But put her up against Trump in the election and her free pass would topple in a hurry. At this stage of the game with Trump and his legion of followers it would be foolhardy for the Democrats to elect a female as their candidate - both she and Elizabeth Warren are not ready to face Goliath yet.

by Anonymousreply 12September 20, 2019 1:38 AM

R10 Love the visuals in my mind now, teeth, bones! I like you!

by Anonymousreply 13September 20, 2019 1:47 AM

I don't mind Kamala, bud good vibes is something she most definitely doesn't give off. That's exactly why she tried a more folksy approach during the last debate, because she knows people perceive her as an attack dog first and foremost.

And she really needs to get her ass from the coasts to Iowa already. Hasn't been there in ages. I do know she skipped today's (and tomorrow's) climate town hall and will attend tomorrow's LGBT forum, so that's a good start.

by Anonymousreply 14September 20, 2019 2:07 AM

[quote]I'm a Canadian and Kamala really isn't prepared to be President - she's gotten a free pass so far because of her race and gender.

So fucking stupid. When you are a black woman in American society, a "free pass" is literally the opposite of what you experience throughout your entire life.

by Anonymousreply 15September 20, 2019 2:30 AM

The funny thing, r14, is i don’t want folksy Kamala. I want attack dog! That sounds what attracted me to her candidacy in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 16September 20, 2019 2:32 AM

[quote] When you are a black woman in American society, a "free pass" is literally the opposite of what you experience throughout your entire life.

R15 posting from the 1950's.

by Anonymousreply 17September 20, 2019 2:35 AM

She seems like the ultimate insider, calculating, and I fear a phony. Shades of Hillary in my humble opinion.

by Anonymousreply 18September 20, 2019 2:38 AM

[quote]Wokesters dislike the fact that she’s not “storming the ramparts” enough.

No, they dislike the fact that she was a prosecutor.

by Anonymousreply 19September 20, 2019 2:43 AM

She is disciplined and smart as hell. One man's "calculating" is another man's "brilliant." She is also a racial minority. Those who do not like racial minorities do not like her, but normally can't say out loud what they are thinking and that is, "a woman AND a person of color -- uh, no." So, they wax on about how she seems remote. She's a professional. She would rip that son of a bitch #45 a new asshole every day and I would love every moment. When did being a prosecutor become a bad thing? She's been targeted by Bernie Bros, so that makes me love her even more.

by Anonymousreply 20September 20, 2019 2:47 AM

I think she's genuine and has brass ones.

by Anonymousreply 21September 20, 2019 2:54 AM

Trump hates her and there has been verified Russian bot activity directed at her for at least the past three months or more.

by Anonymousreply 22September 20, 2019 3:11 AM

I'm a bit confused here. I can't stand her, but I think Stacey Abrams seems like a really genuine person. Does that make me a semi racist?

Here's what would happen in the debates: she would attack Trump in her steely professorial manner, with some outrage thrown in for effect. Her fans would have concurrent orgasms of delight, while the voters needed to win would be unimpressed, or turned off.

by Anonymousreply 23September 20, 2019 3:23 AM

Kamala Clearly has the media in her corner. When Tulsi called out very real problems in her record the entire edit establishment came to her rescue and attacked and discredited Tulsi on Kamala behalf.

Meanwhile Pete cannot get through a single interview without questions about the south bend police.

by Anonymousreply 24September 20, 2019 3:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!