Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Camel Crickets - these nasty motherfuckers are back in the basement

anyone have a good way for killing them, once and for all?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 20, 2019 3:36 AM

Do you have any kids? If you do, tell them you'll give them a sticker for every one they kill. But make them show you the carcass or they will scam you out of all your stickers.

by Anonymousreply 1September 20, 2019 12:05 AM

no, R1. I have a panicked partner who has concocted a plan to kill them all using a mixture of borax along the walls, sticky traps, a mosquito zapper, and regular trips to the basement with bottles of windex to periodically coat them with toxic cleaner.

There must be a better way.

by Anonymousreply 2September 20, 2019 12:08 AM

Right around this time of year, I plan to go shopping all day on the other side of the county. Before I head out, I set off bug bombs all over the house (you'll need to turn off any pilot lights). When I get home, I was all the dishes and food utensils. I take a little broom and dust pan and sweep up all the corpses to dispose of them. I didn't realize how effective the bug bombs are until only a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 3September 20, 2019 12:16 AM

diatomaceous earth.......lots of it......everywhere........find it in a swimming pool supply store........

by Anonymousreply 4September 20, 2019 3:30 AM

We used to call them "hoppy bugs" when I was a kid.

by Anonymousreply 5September 20, 2019 3:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!