Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rep. Joe Kennedy III to run in Democratic primary against Senator Edward J. Markey

Camelot's most recent uncrowned (ginger) prince to try to claim what he believes is his rightful throne.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104October 6, 2019 12:33 AM

Stupid, entitled prick. Thinks his last name is enough to get everything he wants in life. I hope he loses

by Anonymousreply 1September 19, 2019 12:52 AM

I bet you do, Trump asslicker R1

by Anonymousreply 2September 19, 2019 12:54 AM

If this were about him running against a Republican first, you would have a point, r2.

But since Kennedy is actually first running against an established progressive Democrat in Edward Markey , r1 is right: he is only doing this for his ego and entitlement. And you are wrong.

by Anonymousreply 3September 19, 2019 1:00 AM

Incumbent MA Sen. Ed Markey is a good guy. Joe Kennedy should run for governor of Massachusetts in 2022, reelection in 2026 and then for president in 2028.

by Anonymousreply 4September 19, 2019 1:04 AM

Ugh, why does he have to ruin his perfectly good looks with that hideous clown hair? Dye it already.

by Anonymousreply 5September 19, 2019 1:05 AM

Edward Markey has supported medicare for all, the green new deal, and literally every good progressive policy that's been debated at the national level since he's been elected. We gain NOTHING from Kennedy except someone consumed by ambition at the cost of everything else. He has no interest in being a senator, and will use it as a launch pad to run for president in 2024 or 2028. And he think's he deserves it all because he's gotten everything else he's ever wanted his entire life.

by Anonymousreply 6September 19, 2019 1:07 AM

He probably wants to run for president in 2024 or 2028 and wants to be a senator before that and isn't willing to wait. Nobody is free from being challenged and having to earn his seat and Markey is no different but Kennedys ambition is a turn off. Outside the three brothers that family has been trash and people like Joe III are living off their fumes. Sadly Kennedy's name will be enough to win.

by Anonymousreply 7September 19, 2019 1:12 AM

[quote] Sadly Kennedy's name will be enough to win.

That would have been true fifty, forty, even thirty years ago; but I don't think it's true in 2019.

Baby Boomers and Silent Generation voters have memories of Camelot, but X-ers, Millennials, and iGen-ers do not. The Kennedy name does not mean nearly as much as it once did.

by Anonymousreply 8September 19, 2019 1:18 AM

Fuck those shanty Irish Kennedys!

by Anonymousreply 9September 19, 2019 1:21 AM

Markey has no goal beyond serving in the senate in a safe blue seat. He makes whatever choice he thinks is best for MA and the country. Because he has nothing to lose if some people don't agree with the choice.

Kennedy will only vote for things he thinks builds the profile he wants in his presidential run. Which means a lot of faux moderate garbage.

This is an easy choice people

by Anonymousreply 10September 19, 2019 1:31 AM

Ugh, when will this family go away?

by Anonymousreply 11September 19, 2019 1:33 AM

Ugh, when will this family go away?

by Anonymousreply 12September 19, 2019 1:33 AM

In the great tradition of Ted running against Carter, handing the White House to the still-unpopular walking-stool-sample Reagan.

by Anonymousreply 13September 19, 2019 1:43 AM

I second the motion for ugh when will this family ever go away.

by Anonymousreply 14September 19, 2019 2:44 AM

He just needs to wait for Warren to move into the White House in 2021 and he can be anointed to her seat.

by Anonymousreply 15September 19, 2019 3:17 AM

R15 Politico is reporting he doesn't want to do that because Ayanna Pressley is going to run for that seat and Kennedy thinks she's a tougher opponent than Markey is.

He's probably right about that. I don't know which of the two of them would win but that would be a hard fought race

by Anonymousreply 16September 19, 2019 3:23 AM

Vanity Fair 2017 article. Notice the photo of the family: his wife in the fitted, faux 60’s, sleeveless sheath and chignon and he in the JFK signature khakis. Anyone who thinks the Kennedy Camelot mystique and brand is dead and he won’t run for President is deluded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 19, 2019 3:24 AM

So, what's up with Massachusetts?

Do they still buy into that BS that a Kennedy deserves to be President because of JFK being assassinated?

If the Mass Democrats actually choose another from the dregs of the remainders of this clan, they show themselves to be unthinking automatons.

by Anonymousreply 18September 19, 2019 3:25 AM

[quote] Anyone who thinks the Kennedy Camelot mystique and brand is dead and he won’t run for President is deluded.

He may be using it; that doesn't mean voters will buy it.

And even if they do buy it in Massachusetts which is (highly doubtful), it will never play in the whole country 60+ years after the last Kennedy presidency.

by Anonymousreply 19September 19, 2019 4:10 AM

Using the JFK mystique to appeal to voters a full 60 years after the JFK presidency would be like JFK himself trying to buy into the William McKinley mystique for the 1960 election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 19, 2019 4:12 AM

Seems a tad rude, no?

by Anonymousreply 21September 19, 2019 4:13 AM

The Kennedy name still has pull with Massachusetts voters, maybe not nationally.

by Anonymousreply 22September 19, 2019 4:17 AM

[QUOTE]He may be using it; that doesn't mean voters will buy it.

They already bought it. He, like Joe Biden, was the frontrunner before he even announced. The people of Massachusetts want that seat returned to the Kennedys. They want to bring the dynasty back from the dead. His internal polling shows it; otherwise he wouldn’t be running.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 19, 2019 4:21 AM

Yes!! I want him to win. He is hot. Also, if he wins that will be a major blow to that idiot Elizabeth Warren who endorsed Markey.

by Anonymousreply 24September 19, 2019 4:22 AM

Hot Irish ginger. Yessssssssssssss!!

by Anonymousreply 25September 19, 2019 4:26 AM

I'm too tired and lazy to look it up, but does anyone know or remember why Teddy ran against Carter in 1980 as mentioned in R13's post. I always thought that was such a mean-spirited thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 26September 19, 2019 4:28 AM

[quote] His internal polling shows it; otherwise he wouldn’t be running.

Faced with that logic, anyone must concede he is unstoppable! After all, the internal polls show as much!

by Anonymousreply 27September 19, 2019 4:28 AM

I like Joe Kennedy, but I agree with R4 that it would be preferable for him to run for Governor against the Republican rather than challenging a fellow Dem.

by Anonymousreply 28September 19, 2019 4:34 AM

I would stay away from heights and sharp objects if I were him.

by Anonymousreply 29September 19, 2019 5:01 AM

Yeah, R29. Considering how many people have had it in for other members of his family since the 1960's, I don't get why he wants to run for higher office.

by Anonymousreply 30September 19, 2019 5:03 AM

And stay away from "Chapstick", boyo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 19, 2019 5:12 AM

In this disgusting era of Trump, the one thing this country needs is a charismatic Kennedy to wash away this filth we're living through now.

by Anonymousreply 32September 19, 2019 6:17 AM

Yes! Finally ! It seems Gen Xers have waited their turn for two decades now. Joe needs to run and win that seat in order to run in 2024 or 2028.

I'm loving that GenXers are finally saying "fuck you" to the Boomers and getting cutthroat.

Beto O'Rourke/ Joe Kennedy for 2024 <3

by Anonymousreply 33September 19, 2019 7:17 AM

[quote] In this disgusting era of Trump, the one thing this country needs is a charismatic Kennedy

I can't believe that in 2019, some people still believe in noble families who have the right to rule just because they were born.

by Anonymousreply 34September 19, 2019 10:38 AM

You mean like the Bushes?

by Anonymousreply 35September 19, 2019 10:41 AM

Yes, believing you need a Bush to lead you is equally pathetic as believing you need a Kennedy.

Blood has no magical powers. If anything Kennedys and Bushes are less qualified to lead because they has no idea what real life is like.

by Anonymousreply 36September 19, 2019 11:35 AM

So, on what issues does he plan to challenge the incumbent?

"Vote for me because I'm a Kennedy?"

Does that still work in Massachusetts?

Will people there still think they are enlightened if they do?

I don't get this.

by Anonymousreply 37September 19, 2019 2:08 PM

R37 why wouldn't he think that would work? His entire life, his last name alone made sure he never wanted for anything

by Anonymousreply 38September 19, 2019 2:34 PM

Markey should just step aside and not run for re-election. He was an ok choice after John Kerry gave up the seat, but now that Joe Kennedy wants it, he should have it!

by Anonymousreply 39September 19, 2019 2:35 PM

[quote] now that Joe Kennedy wants it, he should have it!

R39 = Simpleton

by Anonymousreply 40September 19, 2019 2:54 PM

As my grandmother would say he's gonna get his head shot off.

by Anonymousreply 41September 19, 2019 3:22 PM

Markey was a Congressman with no accomplishments for decades. Now he’s a Senator with no accomplishments. He’s not loved in Massachusetts. Outside of political circles, he’s not even thought of much. All the enthusiasm will be for Kennedy.

Joe will be in the Senate next year.

by Anonymousreply 42September 19, 2019 7:22 PM

[quote]Edward Markey has supported medicare for all, the green new deal, and literally every good progressive policy that's been debated at the national level since he's been elected.

Those are not good policies, idiot. Read the fine print on them. I know you’re a far-left Jew hater, so you won’t.

by Anonymousreply 43September 19, 2019 7:28 PM

We should have had universal health care under Richard Nixon. Given his family situation when growing up Nixon saw personally the financial impact on his family with a sick family member (his brother) and was determined that other American families did not suffer in the same way.

The person who stymied Nixon's plan for universal health care was TEDDY KENNEDY.

So, the genuflecting whenever the Kennedy name shows up is sickening.

by Anonymousreply 44September 19, 2019 7:33 PM

Markey’s son was at Brown when I was there. Rob Markey. He was so damned hot. And a super nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 45September 19, 2019 7:39 PM

Joe Kennedy III is the future of the Democratic party and Markey must know it. It's a losing battle, Markey's generation needs to step aside and allow Gen Xers and Millennials to wet their toes or they'll never be ready when Boomers vacate.

Former Gov. of Massachusetts is already endorsing Joe Kennedy 3rd. over Markey. Good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 19, 2019 7:41 PM

Is Massachusetts so lacking in qualified people that they must keep going to the same Kennedy well.

Oh, brother.

by Anonymousreply 47September 19, 2019 7:42 PM

Joe Kennedy has my vote. He will make a great senator!

by Anonymousreply 48September 19, 2019 7:50 PM

We should of had three successive Kennedy presidencies. We were cheated with the assassinations of JFK, RFK and the unfair treatment of Ted after Chappaquiddik cost him the presidency. Not to mention the loss of JFK Jr.

by Anonymousreply 49September 19, 2019 8:42 PM

The Town and Country piece on him a couple of years ago was nauseating. T&C and Kennedy trying to recreate his great uncle's Camelot imagery. Complete with black and white photos, the kid riding on his shoulders, chinos, button down shirt and penny loafers, wife in a tailored sheath and heels. The only thing missing is Jackie's pearls. He may well be a great politician but all of the Kennedy heirs need to stand on their own merits and not try to portray themselves as JFK's second coming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 19, 2019 8:45 PM

[quote]unfair treatment of Ted after Chappaquiddik

R49. I'm a Bostonian. I like the Kennedys. They have been part of the landscape in Boston my entire life. I lived down the street from Joe Kennedy II when Joe Kennedy III was a kid. I always wished that John-John would the one to start a new political era of Kennedys if he ran for office. Teddy Kennedy, Jr. would have been a great national candidate, but he wanted to stay closer to home and be a state senator from Connecticut. Hell, I remember David Kennedy hanging out in Darts, a gay bar in the Back Bay neighborhood of Boston, when we young gay men--nice guy--in the 70s and '80s. However, there was no unfair treatment of Teddy Kennedy, Sr. In fact, he was given a pass.

by Anonymousreply 51September 19, 2019 8:51 PM

Ted Kennedy was a great senator and would have been a great President! I don't care one bit what he did in his personal life!

by Anonymousreply 52September 19, 2019 8:54 PM

R52. I liked Teddy Kennedy too. He was a good senator. But please don't say he was treated unfairly. He was not. However, there were certain instances when his personal life jeopardized and endangered his professional life along with even a fateful car crash that resulted in the death of a young woman. And he didn't report it until approximately eight hours after the fact. Anyone else who did this would have faced manslaughter charges. But yes, he was a very good senator.

by Anonymousreply 53September 19, 2019 9:01 PM

Oh, NO!

The BOW is back!!!

Ethel Kennedy used to deck out all her daughters with hair bows when they were photographed. And now this grandson is doing the same with his daughter in those pictures.

It looked stupid back in the day and now we a subjected to a repeat performance. AWWKKK!

Ban the BOW!

by Anonymousreply 54September 19, 2019 9:18 PM

The death of that girl was sad for her family and friends. But the loss of a Ted Kennedy presidency was sad for the entire country.

by Anonymousreply 55September 19, 2019 9:52 PM

What I don't understand about Chappaquidick is he got out of the car. The movie depicted his henchmen going back and trying to get her out but they couldn't because the windows were closed and Mary Jo was in an air bubble. Odd the windows were closed - it was a warm summer night and that car likely did not have air conditioning. How did he get out?

by Anonymousreply 56September 19, 2019 10:22 PM

[quote]Markey was a Congressman with no accomplishments for decades. Now he’s a Senator with no accomplishments.

It's true that Markey has been in Congress for a long time. He's represented Massachusetts in the House since the 1970's. He made the jump to Senator after Kerry was appointed as Obama's choice for Secretary of State after Hillary left at the end of Obama's 1st term.

Markey is in his early 70's now and it's possible this next Senate term would be his last, but perhaps Joe will cause Markey to retire early. . .

by Anonymousreply 57September 19, 2019 10:34 PM

now that's a ginge

by Anonymousreply 58September 19, 2019 10:39 PM

I don't necessarily dispute that this ginger is likely a grasping whore, however, who says he has to play "Prince Charles" and wait his turn for this 70+ year old to FINALLY retire so he can move on up to the Senate? I actually think it's a good thing (overall) for dems to have a younger face that energizes younger votes (cause you know those lazy yungins don't vote!) rather than the same old pasty faced old fart that have been there forever (not like old Uncle Teddy!). If MA doesn't want him, they'll send him packing, but why isn't he at least allowed to go for it?

by Anonymousreply 59September 19, 2019 10:48 PM

The first time I met Ed Markey was at a party in Chestnut Hill in 1977. He was a newly elected Congressman and kind of cute then, too, in a sort of 1970's blow-dried look. That was, what, 42 years ago? He's been in DC long enough. I cannot think of one law he's passed or a single legislative accomplishment. He is listed as an author (and co-sponsor) of the Green New Deal.

I wonder how AOC is gonna handle this? Will she be supporting the longtime incumbent or the younger, progressive challenger?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60September 19, 2019 11:04 PM

How long do we expect Senators in liberal states be able to keep those seats? Diane Feinstein is well over 80. Give it up and let some younger liberal to have the seat. In Massachusetts you have Markey and Warren. If Markey wins he is in for 6 more years. That is 3 terms that Kennedy would have to run in the House. Let younger people in.

by Anonymousreply 61September 19, 2019 11:13 PM

how does he smell...down there?

by Anonymousreply 62September 19, 2019 11:14 PM

Markey looks Kennedy-adjacent.

by Anonymousreply 63September 19, 2019 11:26 PM

Not any more, R63. Not any more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64September 19, 2019 11:44 PM

Democratic Primary Voters in MA:

Kennedy 35% (+9)

Markey 26%

[Suffolk University/Boston Globe poll, Sept 3-5)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65September 19, 2019 11:46 PM

Who is the more liberal candidate?

- Kennedy 42%

- Markey 24%

Who will be a better fighter for Democratic priorities?

- Kennedy 43%

- Markey 25%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66September 19, 2019 11:49 PM

I feel a visceral disgust at the entire Kennedy family and would prefer ANY democrat besides a Kennedy. Funny how the media has attacked and harassed the Clinton's for years while maintaining a nauseatingly deferential attitude towards the Kennedy's. For every bullshit allegation against the Clinton's there are a dozen revolting things the Kennedy crime family actually did do. We don't need another entitled Kennedy pig in power.

by Anonymousreply 67September 20, 2019 12:09 AM

Markey is toast. Those polls are brutal.

by Anonymousreply 68September 20, 2019 12:10 AM

Yes, R68, the only thing helping Markey right now is that there are several other lower-profile Dems in the race, but the polling by Suffolk/Boston Globe above shows that when the other candidates are removed, Kenendy's lead over Markey is even larger.

Markey will have to perform well in the Dem primary debates if he wants to hold off Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 69September 20, 2019 12:13 AM

R67, YOU are the disgusting pig!

by Anonymousreply 70September 20, 2019 12:19 AM

Peter Lucas (elderly irrelevant possibly-senile local political columnist) is for Markey, until he'll be against him...

“Age and guile beat youth, innocence and a bad haircut” every time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71September 20, 2019 12:19 AM

I want to suck Kennedy's ginger cock and then fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 72September 20, 2019 12:21 AM

[quote] I wonder how AOC is gonna handle this? Will she be supporting the longtime incumbent or the younger, progressive challenger?

SJWs think she is some sort of national rallying figure, and maybe she is to them. But I cannot imagine she has any sway with many Massachusetts voters, especially any older than 29. And people younger than 30 tend not to vote.

by Anonymousreply 73September 20, 2019 12:34 AM

Highly questionable ginger anal hygiene

by Anonymousreply 74September 20, 2019 12:47 AM

The entire country was robbed by not electing Ted Kennedy President. I will never forgive that girl. She was obviously a tramp anyway.

by Anonymousreply 75September 20, 2019 3:04 AM

R60 - you will be relieved to know AOC is supporting Markey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76September 20, 2019 2:19 PM

The people of Mass. had enough sense to keep electing Ted Kennedy senator for the rest of his life. Sadly, the same can't be said for the rest of the country when he ran for president.

by Anonymousreply 77September 20, 2019 2:26 PM

AOC endorsed Markey a few days ago. This was obviously coming given that Markey introduced the Green New Deal on the Senate.

Markey is far more liberal than Kennedy who tried to build a centrist record in the house to run for president. You can bet he will get more centrist in the Senate. He doesn't actually care about policy. Everything is a stepping stone to him.

I get why he is doing this but what's in it for all of you drooling Kennedy worshippers?

by Anonymousreply 78September 20, 2019 2:28 PM

It's time for another Senator Kennedy!

by Anonymousreply 79September 21, 2019 3:23 AM

There already is one, moron: Sen. John Kennedy---a Republican from Louisiana. Presumably no relation whatsoever to that shanty Irish family.

by Anonymousreply 80September 21, 2019 3:40 AM

Some right wing, red neck doesn't count. Only a member of America's royal family does, DIPSHIT!

by Anonymousreply 81September 21, 2019 4:14 AM

Remember when Teddy Kennedy challenged Jimmy Carter in the 1980 election? And gave us Ronald Reagan?

Fuck the entitled Kennedys.

Carter had a chance, Kennedy blew it. Because Carter was working on overhauling health insurance and Teddy Kennedy decided that health care was his baby.

It became nobody's baby. And Reagan changed media ownership laws, gave Rupert Murdoch super-speeded citizenship so he could buy up American newspapers and television. So Clear Channel and I Heart Radi could take over AM radio. So CNN, (a non-political all news channel at the time) would have competition from a new kind of rightwing media - a 24/7 propaganda network.

Thanks, Ted Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 82September 21, 2019 4:29 AM

R81 Royal family? You're the dumb pathetic dipshit around here. We don't need "royal families" ---period. You should go jerk off on Kennedy graves or something. ASSHOLE!

Next time, retard, just use Google if you are unfamiliar with someone or something and stop advertising your stupidity. In my post I was only pointing out that there already is a John Kennedy in the Senate. Don't get your dirty panties twisted because of that. And unlike you, Kennedy for all his right wing views, at least went to Oxford (as did Bill Clinton). You probably struggled to get through community college and probably found that too challenging. WINDOW LICKER!

I agree, R82. Kennedy's political instincts were so stupid/misguided at times, his ego was out of control. He should have drowned instead of that homely woman he was fucking and ultimately let die of suffocation.

Kennedy men will fuck anything with 3 holes. Bet you that the drooling ginger Joe has a piece on the side.

by Anonymousreply 83September 21, 2019 4:55 AM

Once Ted Kennedy announced he was running, Carter should have called it a day and not have run for re-election. Carter is the one that brought us Reagan!

by Anonymousreply 84September 21, 2019 4:56 AM

He's the rabid anti-marijuana guy. He's toxic.

by Anonymousreply 85September 21, 2019 5:31 AM

I wish that Edward Markey wasn't so boring, but Kennedy would vote the same way and will get more press.

by Anonymousreply 86September 21, 2019 6:12 AM

So which type of Kennedy is he? Dumb like JFK Jr? Rapey like William? Alkie and druggie like Patrick? Corrupt like the old man? A cunt like the old lady?

by Anonymousreply 87September 21, 2019 9:55 AM

The kind the voters in Massachusetts will elect, R87. But of course, that doesn't matter to you because, obviously, they're all idiots and you are so wise.

So spew on - your bile won't change that.

by Anonymousreply 88September 21, 2019 11:29 AM

I'll bet he's got a beautiful cock and his balls smell like fabric softener.

by Anonymousreply 89September 21, 2019 12:01 PM

Markey would step aside for Kennedy but Markey's wife loves life in DC and she's a bitch on wheels. He's so whipped. I think she'd be angry if he stepped aside.

by Anonymousreply 90September 21, 2019 12:21 PM

Don’t you people know the difference between shanty Irish and lace curtain Irish? Kennedys are definitely lace curtain.

by Anonymousreply 91September 21, 2019 12:53 PM

What is America's obsession with this family?

by Anonymousreply 92September 21, 2019 12:56 PM

R33 The Democrats will never run two white men together on any ticket. Pity Beto is not Mexican American, just sounds like one.

by Anonymousreply 93September 21, 2019 1:27 PM

[quote] Don’t you people know the difference between shanty Irish and lace curtain Irish? Kennedys are definitely lace curtain.

Bullshit.

And I say this as someone who is of 100% Irish ancestors.

Old Joe's father ran a saloon and you can't get more shanty Irish than that.

Despite what people call themselves, you can dress them up but the shanty shows through.

by Anonymousreply 94September 21, 2019 5:53 PM

You know with that red hair he smells "funny" down there.

by Anonymousreply 95September 21, 2019 6:00 PM

Ayanna Pressley another AOC liberal ran against Massachusetts Mike Capuano in 2016. He had a record as liberal as hers yet she still won. Kennedy wins in a landslide.

by Anonymousreply 96September 21, 2019 8:09 PM

Go Joe, Go! I'm so glad he is running.

by Anonymousreply 97September 21, 2019 9:40 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98September 22, 2019 4:32 AM

ginger anus

by Anonymousreply 99October 5, 2019 6:57 PM

Go JOE!

by Anonymousreply 100October 5, 2019 7:25 PM

He will be a great senator!

by Anonymousreply 101October 5, 2019 8:55 PM

^^^ And Massachusetts' next US Senator.

Early polling put Markey behind Kennedy by 14 percentage points in a matchup

by Anonymousreply 102October 5, 2019 9:44 PM

He's also the best looking Kennedy after JFK Jr, so I'm sure that helps.

by Anonymousreply 103October 5, 2019 11:39 PM

Joe Crowley (the Dem who lost to AOC in the primary) is advising Kennedy's campaign. While AOC is supporting Markey.

by Anonymousreply 104October 6, 2019 12:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!