Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Saudis are Retaliating Militarily against Iran

Link to specifics with pictures.

Will US and Israel join in?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 25, 2019 6:07 PM

From my previous link for those who don't do Twitter,

Pro-Saudi reports have it Saudi jets attacked (pro-) #Iran/ian positions in #Syria's Al-Bukamal. Can anyone confirm / refute?

Iranian sources confirm there has been an attack two days ago in Al-Bukamal, without mentioning who’s been responsible

The same location was hit several days ago and that was attributed to Israel; so it’s the second time the area is attacked in a week

by Anonymousreply 1September 19, 2019 12:22 AM

Israel can never join in on a Saudi alliance. They, like the Saudis have a common enemy in the Persians but there's no way they would explicitly express support for KSA

by Anonymousreply 2September 19, 2019 12:27 AM

The rest of the world should sit back with popcorn and watch them blow each other off the face of the earth.

by Anonymousreply 3September 19, 2019 12:36 AM

R2, Don't you think it's ironic that KSA bombed the exact same place as Israel?

A few years ago I asked the Israeli Ambassador to the UN what he perceived KSA's view of Israel to be. He answered, "KSA is more concerned about Iran." Of course a public alliance would cause an undesirable reaction from the other Muslim majority countries.

So the enemy of my enemy is my friend? Or possibly US and Israel are somehow providing info to KSA behind the scenes? After all it was Israel's hyper alert intelligence who 1st sounded the alarm of the approaching drones manufactured in Iran. Don't know why KSA didn't shoot down all of the drones as they approached.

by Anonymousreply 4September 19, 2019 12:36 AM

R3, Link compares military power of Iran vs Saudi Arabia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 19, 2019 12:39 AM

[quote]Saudis are Retaliating Militarily against Iran

Is there a lot of waddling and a general absence of women involved?

by Anonymousreply 6September 19, 2019 12:41 AM

[quote] Israel can never join in on a Saudi alliance.

Israel has been allied with the Saudis going back to the Yemeni Civil War in the 1960s. The Saudis have conveniently not told their people of this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 19, 2019 12:42 AM

It's so byzantine in that part of the world!

by Anonymousreply 8September 19, 2019 12:42 AM

Saudi Arabia and Trump administration is full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 9September 19, 2019 12:43 AM

Fun fact: IIRC, The Iranians planned and/or attempted to assassinate the Saudi ambassador to the US in DC! That takes chutzpah. This was some years ago.

I think they really don’t like each other.

by Anonymousreply 10September 19, 2019 12:55 AM

Trump can be so easily played, it’s only his advisors and the military who will keep us out of war with Iran.

It’s a perfect storm. Our “friends”, certainly Trump ‘s friend Saudis Arabia, plus Israel, want us to go at it.

Iran, has been an adversary for 30 years.

It’s perfect.

by Anonymousreply 11September 19, 2019 12:59 AM

Trump has been much less bellicose than Obama (and his Sec. Of State Hillary) or W.

by Anonymousreply 12September 19, 2019 1:01 AM

Trump is adding new sanctions. I have this fear that Trump will so crush Iran that they might think they have nothing or little to lose by going to war.

by Anonymousreply 13September 19, 2019 1:01 AM

R12, well, Trump revoked the only agreement we’ve negotiated with Iran in 30 years. He just tightened sanctions today.

by Anonymousreply 14September 19, 2019 1:03 AM

John O'Brien has replaced National Security Adviser John Bolton. Hopefully the former's more reluctant to go to war.

Ambassador Robert O’Brien currently “leads the U.S. government’s diplomatic efforts on overseas hostage-related matters” for the State Department and was the special envoy sent to Sweden after American rapper A$AP Rocky was jailed for an alleged assault.

The president said he thinks O’Brien is “fantastic.”

by Anonymousreply 15September 19, 2019 1:05 AM

Trump reminds me of the Emperors who bumbled into WWI, due to poor diplomacy and bluffing.

Trump doesn’t know how to negotiate. He’ll tighten sanctions thinking Iran will buckle, but they won’t. They’ll eat dirt before ceding to the US. Even I know this. I think he’s too used to using his wealth to crush people in the real estate business, but nations are different than contractors.

by Anonymousreply 16September 19, 2019 1:10 AM

[quote]Trump can be so easily played...

Every time this moron starts saying weird shit about international incidents I imagine the foreign leaders all laughing their asses off at how easy it is to manipulate and play this buffoon.

by Anonymousreply 17September 19, 2019 2:09 AM

Our bitch's patience with Iran not inexhaustible, warns Saudi Arabia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 25, 2019 8:36 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 19September 25, 2019 4:56 PM

Watch this space. This is where the diversion is going to come from.

by Anonymousreply 20September 25, 2019 5:08 PM

Jeremy Corbyn today in British Parliament -

It really beggars belief that this week Boris Johnson is openly talking about sending troops to Saudi Arabia as part of the increasingly dangerous confrontation between Saudi Arabia and Iran, in an apparent bid to appease Donald Trump. Have we learned nothing?

by Anonymousreply 21September 25, 2019 6:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!