Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Best Air Purifier

I’m thinking of buying one of the Molekule air purifiers, but it’s $799. Anyone have suggestions for cheaper models?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 19, 2019 2:15 AM

Glade plugins are only $3. Have you tried one?

by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2019 9:28 PM

Trees.

by Anonymousreply 2September 18, 2019 9:54 PM

You might want to consider a Sharp Plasmacluster unit, OP.

I bought mine because it claimed to be nearly silent at its lowest speed. And it is, which is rare in a field where "whisper quiet" often means "not as noisy as a helicopter." The Plasmacluster technology supplements the usual HEPA filtration to deal with bacteria, viruses and mold. Sharp's description says, among other things:

[quote]VERIFIED AROUND THE WORLD: Plasmacluster Ion Technology has proven effective in reducing certain viruses including MS2 (Viral Stimulant); certain bacteria including E-Coli, Staphylococcus, epidermidis, and Serratia marcescens; certain common molds and fungus, including Penicilillum and Aspergilius Niger; and most odors that conventional filters don’t reach. And has been tested and confirmed in 17 tests by laboratories in the USA as well as in the U. K. , Germany, Japan, South Korea, China and Vietnam.

There's a pretty good description, as well as lots of answered questions and reviews, at the linked Amazon page.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 18, 2019 10:05 PM

R3 thanks, R3. I’ll check it out. Does it do dust too?

by Anonymousreply 4September 18, 2019 10:07 PM

[quote]Does it do dust too?

Yes, there's a pre-filter to catch the largest, easily trapped particles. (That can simply be vacuumed once in a while.) After that, air passes through a HEPA filter to get the.finest particles.

by Anonymousreply 5September 18, 2019 10:15 PM

I bought a GermGuardian, model AC5000E, at Best Buy last year for $150.00. It has a true HEPA that captures 99.97% of pollen, dust mites, pet dander and mold. Has a UC-V power to kill airborne bacteria, viruses and mold spores. It also reduces odors with a charcoal filter. It will do a medium to large bedroom. I looked up buyer comments for this and other brands for this size and capacity at this price ange and this won by a large margin. It is also very quiet

by Anonymousreply 6September 19, 2019 2:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!