Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump and his minions have destroyed our Democracy

and we just allow it. It has already been decimated from top to bottom. Why in the world are we not in D.C. by the millions, storming the Senate and the White House? We should be at war. What the hell are we waiting for?

by Anonymousreply 111October 12, 2019 2:11 AM

I ask the same questions. Trump and what he has created is a national disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2019 9:22 PM

You first, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2September 18, 2019 9:24 PM

I have watched Trump for years. It seems I always knew he was a lying blowhard. I never thought of him as anything but a clown. I never thought he would be voted in as president! An ignorant clown as our president? It is actually heartbreaking. Every single day he tweets his lies and his ignorance and the most stupid amongst us think he is great. He is a hateful dictator who has made a mockery of our laws. I hate to say it but the Democrats in Washington do not realize they came to a knife fight without a weapon. How damn dim are these Democrats? I just want to tell them to be men, they act like a bunch of pussies, never prepared.

by Anonymousreply 3September 18, 2019 9:26 PM

So, you're suicidal, OP? By 'storming' DC or the WH talking about 'war', you must be suicidal or fucking stupid.

I'm neither. I am, however, ready to vote BLUE for every local, state and federal race. I'm ready to volunteer (locally) and donate (to my favorites). I'm ready to drive some elders to the polls, to vote Dem.

But, hey! You do you, OP. I'd ask for your stuff but I doubt you have anything I'd want.

by Anonymousreply 4September 18, 2019 9:32 PM

We have to be organized. Indivisible holds protest in different cities...which is nice but either we must march in Washington in great numbers, or maybe get to it at the Republican convention? Even though I am not healthy, I would go and probably die from teargas but believe me, if it gets started, I will be there.

As you can see, I am extremely angry. I do what I can. I call, I email, I contribute but Republicans do not care. I always knew Republicans had no morals and unfortunately, I was correct.

by Anonymousreply 5September 18, 2019 9:35 PM

Men all over the world were willing to give their lives to fight Hitler and Germany...that is what passionate people do.

by Anonymousreply 6September 18, 2019 9:37 PM

Because it hasn’t as a whole affected Americans lives that much. Yes he’s a fool and an embarrassment but until the economic news changes and it effects people’s wallets I doubt people will take to the streets.

by Anonymousreply 7September 18, 2019 9:40 PM

Dear OP, We are a few millions around the world to ask the same question. In a few weeks the Hong Kong people took to the streets and sent a strong message that rest of the world can not ignore. Obviously, the French are the best example of civil disobedience and refusal of submission. The yellow vests were worldwide known in a few hours. Meanwhile America spends its time crying on twitter, and the laughable "resistance" dares to copy France by calling this "resistance" !!! What a shame! You all should read books history or even better watching a documentary about that French resistance just to take some good notes. For the rest of the world Americans are not that miserable under Trump. You all were able to organize the biggest march at Washington to support Martin Luther King. It's not that you can't, you're just making pathetic excuses after excuses.

After all, apparently, having a KKK president don't seems to haunt you. But you are learning what being cowards and lazy mean to the millions American kids who are watching you. The rest of the people around the world despise you days after days.

by Anonymousreply 8September 18, 2019 9:52 PM

Trump does not have minions. Trump has remoras.

by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2019 9:53 PM

The French Revolution is what I really have in mind. Americans are disgusted and miserable but they usually won't stand together and most don't understand that Trump has taken our future...per usual, an education is needed. Put the Trump story to some of those Marvel Movies, maybe people would start to get the picture.

by Anonymousreply 10September 18, 2019 10:01 PM

R10 The Hong Kong protesters had the French revolution in mind too. They sent messages like "Liberté, égalité fraternité" to the French people when they started their outstanding movement.

by Anonymousreply 11September 18, 2019 10:06 PM

A start

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 18, 2019 10:15 PM

We have no leadership to rally around. The Democrats in Congress are spineless messes, the Obamas have fucked off to Martha's Vineyard and DGAF, not enough would rally around Hillary, and the only Presidential candidate with any balls is Beto, who the press tears to shreds.

by Anonymousreply 13September 18, 2019 10:20 PM

R12 What about the Trump tower for a start instead? Once it's empty ofc

by Anonymousreply 14September 18, 2019 10:20 PM

R13 French and Hong Kong people don't have leadership either when they protest. A massive civil disobedience is more than enough

by Anonymousreply 15September 18, 2019 10:24 PM

I did say, changing the street name in front of Trump Tower, to Barack Obama Street...that would be super.

Maybe going to Washington, in mass and attacking the Trump Hotel and attacking everyone in The Trump Hotel...that would make a point, wouldn't it? Sometimes I daydream. I also daydream about bombing gun shows. I can't be violent but I could march in Washington. I honestly never thought we would lose our Democracy to a bully who acts like a spoiled 8 year old in the school yard.

by Anonymousreply 16September 18, 2019 10:30 PM

The opposition is the real disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 17September 18, 2019 10:44 PM

Stay calm OP. This destruction of our democracy is only temporary. Believe it or not, this will all be over relatively soon. And we will have learned a lot of good lessons once it's all over. Well most of us will.

by Anonymousreply 18September 18, 2019 10:48 PM

I read somewhere that every 'strongman's' ultimate fear is a massive public uprising...

by Anonymousreply 19September 18, 2019 10:48 PM

The "We, The People" is slated for September 21 In Washington D.C. with solidarity marches nationwide. Let's go!

by Anonymousreply 20September 18, 2019 10:52 PM

You mean Deplorable are a disgrace? Certainly.

I had a brainwashed Trumpette tell me I should stop listening to fake news. It seems he had no idea how disgusted I was by Trump, his tweets and his actions. Trump not only stole our future with those tax cuts, he is trying to destroy our courts and our enviroment, he is succeeding.

by Anonymousreply 21September 18, 2019 10:54 PM

R18 The problem in what you are saying is that your Donald is not only destroying your democracy. He also destabilizes Europe by supporting all those are far right leaders. Brexit for an example? As well as the worst dictators of the world. And you are not even able to organize a massive protest in four years under Trump ?? It's extremely selfish to pretend that your orange clown has an impact only at home.

by Anonymousreply 22September 18, 2019 11:02 PM

I wish I had your optimism, R18. I feel like Trump's fetid taint on our country will never wash off.

by Anonymousreply 23September 18, 2019 11:02 PM

D.C. is dirty. Can't we have the protest someplace nicer?

by Anonymousreply 24September 18, 2019 11:04 PM

I am not sure we can recover...we need a brilliant, hard working leader (like Obama) to put our country back together. Do we have that? Which of our Democrats could do it?

by Anonymousreply 25September 18, 2019 11:08 PM

R24 In the contrary, DC is the right place. You should invade the exact beautiful place that your mothers and fathers invaded with MLK. THAT would be a strong message to the world Trump is destroying, that would be making history again!

by Anonymousreply 26September 18, 2019 11:11 PM

Obama is ok I guess. I liked Bill better.

by Anonymousreply 27September 18, 2019 11:11 PM

OP, because Americans are too idle and complacent. It doesn't matter what your political persuasion is, hook, line, and sinker most Americans have bought into the myth that we are the greatest country on Earth. We have conflated our position as a superpower with greatness despite the reality that we have one of the lowest standards of living in the Western world, despite our social issues, our growing inequality, systemic racism, sexism, and homophobia. We are a country that values money, power, and property over the dignity of those who live within America's borders. As such, we are so insulated not just from the rest of the world but from each other. Indeed, most American's worldview doesn't extend beyond their own city or town. We have come to idolize a piece of paper called the constitution which we believe makes our democracy infallible when like any piece of paper it can be destroyed without much effort. It is the distorted view of ourselves that makes most of us completely inept and ignorant of what is actually happening. Trump is not the cause of our problem, he merely embodies what we have allowed ourselves to become.

by Anonymousreply 28September 18, 2019 11:23 PM

[Quote] OP, because Americans are too idle and complacent.

Does that mean overfed?

by Anonymousreply 29September 18, 2019 11:30 PM

Stop waiting for a new Obama and clean your house by yourself. If you all really want a change, make it. Use the social medias to apologize to our allies rather than talking only between Americans. Tell them that you know what Trump is doing (he insulted the British and the french several times on Twitter) to their countries and that you hate that. Them show then by protesting dammit! Wake the fuck up USA!

by Anonymousreply 30September 18, 2019 11:32 PM

*Then show them

by Anonymousreply 31September 18, 2019 11:35 PM

R28 EXACTLY !!!!! PERFECT SMART AND HONEST ANALYSIS! See ? we have a leader here!!!

by Anonymousreply 32September 18, 2019 11:37 PM

R28 Preach!!!

by Anonymousreply 33September 18, 2019 11:41 PM

Drama queen.

by Anonymousreply 34September 18, 2019 11:41 PM

R34 Oh look the stupid American cliché

by Anonymousreply 35September 18, 2019 11:43 PM

By any conceivable measure, Homo Sapiens Sapiens, in the U.S. in particular, are living better lives now than any other members of our species at any time, anywhere, in the last decade, century, millennium, or in the past 200,000 years.

Get a grip, and get some perspective.

by Anonymousreply 36September 18, 2019 11:45 PM

R36 Time to travel you ignorant!

by Anonymousreply 37September 18, 2019 11:48 PM

You folks who have decided things will never be better must be very young. You've got a lot to learn. A LOT.

by Anonymousreply 38September 18, 2019 11:51 PM

I would but AHS starts tonight...

by Anonymousreply 39September 18, 2019 11:51 PM

R36 Oh another agent Trumper lurking like a snake and thinking Americans are the center of the world, spreading his usual ignorance

by Anonymousreply 40September 18, 2019 11:53 PM

r18, Hey Madam Speaker, welcome to the Datalounge!

But do you really think just waiting for Democrats to hopefully vote out Trump next year and put a Democratic president in, is really the best strategy?

by Anonymousreply 41September 18, 2019 11:53 PM

The American people are saving their energy until a new iPhone comes out and then they will take to the lines by the millions.

by Anonymousreply 42September 18, 2019 11:54 PM

"By any conceivable measure, Homo Sapiens Sapiens, in the U.S. in particular, are living better lives now than any other members of our species at any time, anywhere, in the last decade, century, millennium, or in the past 200,000 years."

Not even remotely true, but you continue to live in your little fantasy world if that's what takes you to your happy place.

"Get a grip, and get some perspective."

I'll get a grip when you take your entire left hand out of your prolapsed asshole and stop flinging your shit against the wall, hoping against all hope some of it will eventually stick to the wall.

by Anonymousreply 43September 18, 2019 11:58 PM

R43 LMAO thanks i'm dying here, you can't see me but i'm actually applauding you. Hahaha you killed him properly

by Anonymousreply 44September 19, 2019 12:04 AM

R28 deserves a noble prize!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 19, 2019 12:11 AM

Thank God for MLK. We would be nothing without him.

We could go to Chicago if Trump were there....they have a good set up for protest.

I knew nothing about the 21st...there will not be a protest in my small town.

by Anonymousreply 46September 19, 2019 12:17 AM

I have been disgusted by the way the ignorant fool treats our friends and neighbors...Democrats should be apologizing...aren't they? I assumed they were behind closed doors.

by Anonymousreply 47September 19, 2019 12:20 AM

R46 Okay then we can contact the people in Chicago? Also do we have docs or old articles about the Washington march? Maybe we could learn from how they organized that big march? MLK's daughter is on Twitter. We could ask for some informations?

by Anonymousreply 48September 19, 2019 12:27 AM

The hero Rep John Lewis was in Washington alongside with MLK. He also have a Twitter

by Anonymousreply 49September 19, 2019 12:33 AM

R30 he insulted Canadians too. And our oldest and traditional allies:

- Angela Merkel

- Emmanuel Macron

- Justin Trudeau

- Sadiq Khan (mayor of London)

- Mette Frederikssen (Denmark's PM) and tried to buy Greenland

-Stefan Lofven (Sweden's PM) Asap Rocky case

And endorsed and publicly supported dictators like: Kim Jong UN, Mohammed Bin Salman, Jair Bolsonaro, Maduro, Duterte.

and he supported Far Right European leaders: Matteo Salvini, Boris Johnson, Nigel Farage, Marine Le Pen, Viktor Orban etc.

No wonder why have no friends anymore.

by Anonymousreply 50September 19, 2019 1:06 AM

You never had a democratic system to begin with - that's how he got in.

by Anonymousreply 51September 19, 2019 1:17 AM

we tried to protest and got run over by a dodge charger.

by Anonymousreply 52September 19, 2019 1:47 AM

He’s a fascist. Amazing. We elected a fascist.

The women’s march the day after the inauguration can be a model. I’ll definitely go to DC for a march.

by Anonymousreply 53September 19, 2019 1:50 AM

The corporate pawn shitheads constantly texting on their iPhones don't have time for caring & demonstrating.

by Anonymousreply 54September 19, 2019 1:56 AM

The We the People March is happening this Saturday, September 21, in DC and at various cities around the country.

by Anonymousreply 55September 19, 2019 2:06 AM

The Women’s march had a huge turnout. I thought it was dumb to focus it on women’s issues, when Trump is everybody’s concern. It was the second largest gathering in DC, after Obama’s first inauguration. Another march that wasn’t so limited in goals would turn out even more.

by Anonymousreply 56September 19, 2019 2:06 AM

As a New Yorker I have watched and hated Trump for four decades.

But I do not see how he has actually destroyed democracy.

by Anonymousreply 57September 19, 2019 2:21 AM

R57, here’s Cory Lewandowski today in testimony:

[quote] Corey: The media is just as dishonest as anybody else.

Not sure exactly what that means, other than Trump and his cult have trained a large part of this country that lying is done as a matter of course by the media, and general population. Not that papers compete to be accurate, but that the best papers in the country regularly print “fake news”. The media is necessary for an informed public and essential to democracy.

by Anonymousreply 58September 19, 2019 2:30 AM

What a clever riposte, r43.

I fear for the future of this country when the generation of eternal infancy takes the reins.

Probably they will have handed off the responsibility for actually making things work to artificial intelligences by then, and I will be blissfully dead.

by Anonymousreply 59September 19, 2019 2:42 AM

Right wingers are all extremely ignorant and they intend to stay that way. That was explained to me by a Trump lover.

by Anonymousreply 60September 19, 2019 2:52 AM

Don't forget that he is also don't believe in climate change! The MF is a danger for the whole world!!!

by Anonymousreply 61September 19, 2019 2:55 AM

R60 Totally agree

by Anonymousreply 62September 19, 2019 2:56 AM

My real hope is that all repugs will be voted out in 2020. The republicans have been total assholes for decades...always trying to hurt the poor and workers...while they voted against our environment. Republicans really are horrible people.

by Anonymousreply 63September 19, 2019 3:03 AM

Trump just took the regulations away from slaughter houses, telling them they can police themselves. Get ready for our meat supply to become totally poison.

by Anonymousreply 64September 19, 2019 3:06 AM

There's a huge march on Washington this weekend. There are marches in every city in the USA for those who can't get to Washington. Unless you're too busy, check it out.

by Anonymousreply 65September 19, 2019 3:30 AM

I don’t understand how or why he’s still in office, playing at being President.

by Anonymousreply 66September 19, 2019 3:33 AM

The presidency is no longer a sacred institution. Trump has turned it into a joke. He's shown that the rules and conventions either don't matter, or truly never existed. Republicans, of course, don't help. But then neither do the Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 67September 19, 2019 3:38 AM

If evidence were needed of American stupidity, arrogance and childish silliness, look no farther than the posts on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 68September 19, 2019 3:52 AM

DEMS are too lazy to vote.

by Anonymousreply 69September 19, 2019 3:54 AM

I want to go to Washington but I just heard about it today. Why am I always a day late? I can go to a city near me.

by Anonymousreply 70September 19, 2019 4:10 AM

I just heard about the March here. Why am I always too late? I will just have to go to a march close to me.

by Anonymousreply 71September 19, 2019 4:13 AM

[quote] I also daydream about bombing gun shows.

The reason nothing ever gets done about Trump is because the people who want real change are outnumbered by people like you who daydream about being terrorists. But for a good cause, you claim.

The kind of reform people here are talking about takes work and none of you are willing to do it. You would rather whine that "the Democrats" won't do the work you are too lazy to do, or talk about their fantasies of Trump being frogmarched out of the White House or whatever.

What needs to be done is to get control away from the GOP and then to push the Dems who were elected to fix security issues with voting, restore voting rights, and make reforms to the electoral system.

That means working hard to get Dems elected and then working to keep them on task once they're in office. Once we have free and fair elections the rest will start to resolve.

Not a single person here is willing to make that kind of commitment.

by Anonymousreply 72September 19, 2019 9:55 AM

Trump has been blackmailed by the usury criminals who own the New York Federal Reserve Bank. They bailed out his Las Vegas business several years ago so now he owes them Horrible. He sold his soul to satan.

by Anonymousreply 73September 19, 2019 10:00 AM

R72, you're wrong, because a lot of us are willing to do the work and make the commitment. But we can fantasize once in a while, can't we? The most important thing we all need to understand is that we can no longer sit around and put life on cruise control as far as our government goes. Voting is the very least we can do. We need to stay engaged.

We need to pay attention. Even the best of them can fuck up. So focus on the issues, and hook up with a reliable, credible group like Indivisible, or Move On, and your local Democratic PArty organization. and find out what's happening, and pick up the damned phone and make some calls. How much effort does that take?

We have Environmental issues, Gun Safety issues, immigration issues, Financial issues, civil rights issues for Gays, people of color, women, etc. Just make calls, send faxes, and if you're lucky enough to live in a city or suburb where there's a Congressional office, stop by and raise hell. Talk to people. You don't have to do that much but you do have to be engaged.

Just remember: This big push from the Extreme Right started in earnest back in the Early 90's when the "Moral Majority" or the Christian Right or WTF ever they were calling themselves back then, was running for local school boards, and county commission seats. Gradually, over time, they have managed to take Governors offices, legislatures, courts, etc.

If we truly want to take it back we have to pay attention. No office is unimportant. Find out who is running in your legislative district. We can't afford to ignore down ballot races. Another thing: In 2010, we controlled both Houses of Congress. But we didn't turn out to vote. And we gave it away. And now, this is what we have to show for it. A shit mess.

by Anonymousreply 74September 19, 2019 3:33 PM

Now Barr refuses to allow the whistleblower to come forward. These no longer sounds like America, it sounds more like Russia. I imagine Barr and Trump will find a way to imprison this poor whistle blower. Congress oohs and ahhhs while Trump and his buddies destroy our constitution and break our laws.

by Anonymousreply 75September 19, 2019 3:53 PM

I really do not believe the whistle blower is safe and I do wonder why he/she did not go directly to the press and start making the rounds of TV shows. The White House is locked up tight and nothing will ever come out of it...those people are like The Nazi Regime.

by Anonymousreply 76September 19, 2019 5:38 PM

This is pretty spectacular — spectacularly awful. Drumph said something to a foreign leader that was so alarming that a whistleblower went to the IG who thought this was a matter of “urgent concern.” DOJ and the WH are doing everything possible to suppress the story and the underlying facts from the public and most importantly from the oversight of Congress.

Yeah, we have a crisis. This is a hell of a lot worse than his daily outrage, like trashing the deceased Cokie Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 77September 19, 2019 5:49 PM

We've had bizarre threads like this since Trump was elected.

"Everyone has to get mobilized and do something! Oh, this call to action does not include me--I mean YOU. I have decided I have already done my share."

if you want to do something, do something. Don't tell others to act for you.

by Anonymousreply 78September 19, 2019 6:03 PM

Without congress, Trump already said he wouldvsend our troops to their death, because the Saudis demanded it. Why? Because the Saudis fill his pockets. He said it. Is Saudi Arabia filling the pockets of Trump's Deplorables?

by Anonymousreply 79September 19, 2019 6:12 PM

I do everything I can, as a voter. There us only so much a single citizen can do. I believe that Russia hacked the vote for Trump and hacked the vote for certain Senators in our last election. What can I do about that. My state is owned by criminal Republicans who are backed by Evangelicals. Evangelicals are the most corrupt organized group in the country.

by Anonymousreply 80September 19, 2019 6:18 PM

R35, oh look the supercilious critic who has awoken and found himself — a weed.

by Anonymousreply 81September 19, 2019 6:39 PM

[quote] I also daydream about bombing gun shows.

I daydream of releasing some firecrackers someplace where they’re a lot of open carry guys. They’d all shoot at each other. Then the police would arrive and shoot them, as it would be impossible to ascertain the difference between a manic shooter, and the guys responding to the firecrackers.

by Anonymousreply 82September 20, 2019 12:05 AM

R81 Oh look, the trumper is still lurking. Is the life of a redneck so boring that you feel the need to constantly come here? We are all wondering wtf you are doing on Datalounge. A website who have nothing to do with sons of bitches homophobic like you. GFU you ignorant pos cancer of humanity

by Anonymousreply 83September 20, 2019 1:23 AM

I support a third party. Enough of the enforced choice between the two evils. I like the way the libdems in the UK are operating.

by Anonymousreply 84September 20, 2019 3:04 AM

This country is too large for a majority or even a significant group of its citizens to quickly create a crowd so big as to immobilize daily routine in Washington. Live alone on the nation as a whole. Think about it. If we lived in France 3/4 of the country could be in Paris in a matter of hours. The only way we can have any dramatic impact is through major sustained economic action. Boycotts. Strikes. Etc. The electoral system is so corrupt that our votes likely haven't mattered for some time now. The only power we have at this point is whatever power we wield as consumers

by Anonymousreply 85September 20, 2019 3:31 AM

If they could plan the marches months before, maybe more people could show up? Even if you have a crowd on buses, it takes awhile to plan. I believe enough of us hate Trump, thousands would turn up. It should be an impeach Trump gathering and there should be no doubt. Wouldn't Indivisible do that?

by Anonymousreply 86September 20, 2019 5:33 AM

R99 is a lying piece of filth, just like the evil Guilliani.

by Anonymousreply 87September 20, 2019 5:42 AM

Deplorables probably prefer Putin over the leader of Saudi Arabia. Deplorables usually only like white people. I would say, Trump promised the Prince that he would sell our soldiers to the Saudis. Trump will do anything for cash.

by Anonymousreply 88September 20, 2019 5:46 AM

R85 China is also large Russia is large, Australia and Canada, Brazil are larges but when they got mad they find the way to show to the world that they are mad. In France not everyone is living in Paris but they find a way to protest. And generally they are protesting in the whole country, not only in Paris. You didn't even try that you are already given up. Really tiresome!

by Anonymousreply 89September 20, 2019 5:54 AM

R88 The call was for an Ukrainian leader. Trump asked him to find infos to destroy Biden...

by Anonymousreply 90September 20, 2019 5:58 AM

R85 About 2 millions to raid at the Area 51 in the upcoming hours!!! 2 millions Americans!!! Two million of people from all over the country are right now going there. So the country is less large for this kind of idiocy? Two million people are more concerned with the allien bullshits than they are for the democracy and the future of humanity, and once again, the whole world will see how ignorant and superficial Americans are. Tell us you do not want, not that you can't or the country is too large! Two millions in Washington would have made the change FFS !!

by Anonymousreply 91September 20, 2019 6:49 AM

R88 - Technically there are those who consider Putin (and most Russians) to be Asian.

by Anonymousreply 92September 20, 2019 7:08 AM

For those of you who want to join the We The People march this Saturday, you can see if there's one near you on their website. Large groups protesting may help our corrupt leaders know we won't sit back complacently. There is plenty of information about it online if you want to read more.

Our physical presence in addition to voting, organizing, donating and getting involved however we can is important.

For those who haven't already checked into it, there are also local Indivisible groups online to learn how to get involved and make our presence known. I'm sure many of you are already doing what you can, and I thank you. We need to stick together because our government is being stolen from us further every day it seems.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93September 20, 2019 8:04 PM

R93 i am part of many of the anti trump groups on FB and havent seen one mention of the march tomorrow. Is this being run by indivisible?

by Anonymousreply 94September 20, 2019 8:26 PM

How did the Women's March do it? They didn't know Trump was going to win and somehow they managed to get a million or two marching all over the country and all over the world.

In 1969 or 1970 over a million people got together to march on Nixon's WH against the war. They got port a potties and water to drink and signs to carry with the name of vets on it. There was no Internet or cell phones and yet somehow they managed. People came to DC from every part of this country.

by Anonymousreply 95September 20, 2019 9:11 PM

My suggestion would be vote blue, raise awareness, protest peacefully, write to candidates you support, donate time and money to candidates you support. Only Trump and his minions benefit when we sit around complaining, taking no action and not helping blue candidates.

by Anonymousreply 96September 20, 2019 9:24 PM

We’re technically a democratic republic, OP, at least in charter. In practice we’re an oligarchy through and through.

by Anonymousreply 97September 20, 2019 9:30 PM

Yes. The Republic has been completely destroyed in.... less than 3 years.

by Anonymousreply 98September 20, 2019 9:37 PM

DL is full of hysterical queens. Trump has ruined civilization! Haven't you heard. He is the second coming of evil!.

by Anonymousreply 99September 20, 2019 9:50 PM

The country is stronger than that. Don’t be dramatic..

by Anonymousreply 100October 9, 2019 4:29 PM

There was no Democracy to destroy. He just made you aware you live in a corporate oligarchy.

by Anonymousreply 101October 9, 2019 4:32 PM

We actually are at a constitutional crisis. Each branch of government has the same amount of power - congress subpoenas are being ignored.

by Anonymousreply 102October 10, 2019 1:50 AM

[quote] There was no Democracy to destroy. He just made you aware you live in a corporate oligarchy.

Bingo.

[But here in the US, we are obsessed with appearances (and artifice - see: Kardashian, Family et al.) So we maintain the illusion of Democracy! Freedom! Guns! Liberty!]

by Anonymousreply 103October 10, 2019 2:11 AM

Why is Rudy not sleeping on a jail cot tonight. Will our Dems ever find their balls? I really can't take this anymore.

by Anonymousreply 104October 11, 2019 1:45 AM

Things are moving fast now. These two Ukrainians who got arrested are a big piece of the puzzle. Trump saying he doesn’t know them, yet it just came out tonight they were invited to have dinner with Trump in the WH- they put the pictures up on Facebook! This sorry is staring to crack wide open. This might be the beginning of the end...

by Anonymousreply 105October 11, 2019 2:14 AM

R105. Sure boris

by Anonymousreply 106October 11, 2019 10:39 AM

R105, That’s my purse, I don’t know you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107October 11, 2019 8:37 PM

How has it been destroyed? Seriously I don't think he has done much that can't be corrected by the next democrat. (except for long term judicial appointments.)

by Anonymousreply 108October 12, 2019 1:30 AM

Have you heard OP, there’s an impeachment investigation going on- which is the mechanism set forth in the Constitution to hold a President accountable.

by Anonymousreply 109October 12, 2019 1:43 AM

Have you heard OP, there’s an impeachment investigation going on- which is the mechanism set forth in the Constitution to hold a President accountable.

by Anonymousreply 110October 12, 2019 1:43 AM

r108 actually...he has appointed for life judges at the federal level who are strictly aligned with the evangelicals. He has reversed EPA regulations to the point it would take 10 years to reverse the damage. Nevermind the voice he has given to the white racists.

by Anonymousreply 111October 12, 2019 2:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!