Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dead Ronald Reagan, the asshole. He's fuckin' dead and I pissed on his grave.

Gay History – September 18, 1985: Ronald Reagan FINALLY Mentions AIDS For The First Time

-- Although AIDS was first identified in 1981, and the victims, mostly gay men were succumbing to the disease at an epidemic rate, President Ronald Reagan did not mention it publicly for over four years.

When Reagan finally mentioned AIDS, briefly a press conference in 1985, he was asked about the budget allocation for research:

Q: Mr. President, the Nation’s best-known AIDS scientist says the time has come now to boost existing research into what he called a minor moonshot program to attack this AIDS epidemic that has struck fear into the Nation’s health workers and even its schoolchildren. Would you support a massive government research program against AIDS like the one that President Nixon launched against cancer?

President Reagan: I have been supporting it for more than 4 years now. It’s been one of the top priorities with us, and over the last 4 years, and including what we have in the budget for ’86, it will amount to over a half a billion dollars that we have provided for research on AIDS in addition to what I’m sure other medical groups are doing. And we have $100 million in the budget this year; it’ll be 126 million next year. So, this is a top priority with us. Yes, there’s no question about the seriousness of this and the need to find an answer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 19, 2019 1:34 AM

I read that in a Ronald Reagan voice.

by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2019 9:10 PM

In fairness to Ronnie Raygun and the entire Republican party, they were desperately trying to suck Jerry Falwell Sr. and Pat Robertson's dicks as well as tongue their smelly shitholes, so you couldn't expect them to be nice to the gays.

by Anonymousreply 2September 18, 2019 10:08 PM

May he burn in hell forever.

by Anonymousreply 3September 18, 2019 10:31 PM

Reagan, W, Trump. One worse than the other. Each time I thought we couldn't possibly do worse. Ivanka is next.

by Anonymousreply 4September 18, 2019 10:36 PM

[quote]I pissed on his grave.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 5September 18, 2019 10:39 PM

Where is his grave. Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 6September 18, 2019 10:42 PM

I peed freely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 18, 2019 10:47 PM

[quote]I peed freely.

I would have charged him r7.

by Anonymousreply 8September 18, 2019 11:36 PM

He was the beginning of the evil Republican Party. Though I’m willing to consider Nixon and his Southern strategy.

by Anonymousreply 9September 19, 2019 12:50 AM

Does this drive you crazy, OP? 49 states for Reagan. Even NY and Calif.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 19, 2019 1:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!