Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The best diet to save the planet

It's a vegan diet, and the point here seems to be: if you think you're an environmentalist, and yet you haven't gone vegan, then you're not an environmentalist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 18, 2019 11:31 AM

I am a big meat eater. I don’t feel that bad about eating animals but I recognize I should do it in moderation. But after listening to a podcast from The Guardian yesterday about the U.S.’s chlorinated chicken, I’m finally motivated to stay away from chicken. It’s a lean meat but it’s not healthful. People eat too much protein for our bodies already anyway. The acceleration of animal growth via antibiotics and growth hormones creates meat that is deficient in nutrients and protein. Chickens in the U.S. are raised in the cruelest possible conditions, and they are either gassed to death (OK) or...thrown alive into electrified water tanks...!!! I had no fucking idea about that. And then here in the U.S., the chickens are doused in a wash solution that has chlorine concentrated at 50 times the dosed allowed in drinking water. From start to finish, it’s like a fucking holocaust to provide us with trash meat that is severely lacking in nutritional value, and it’s become a major bone of contention in the Brexit debate because the EU prohibits the importing of U.S.-raised chicken for animal rights and health concerns, and Boris and his conservative cohort want to bring the cheap and toxic American food product to Britain.

by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2019 11:31 AM

And the healthiest.

by Anonymousreply 2September 18, 2019 11:31 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!