Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Parents keep baby’s sex a secret to protect from unconscious gender bias

From Pink news

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 19, 2019 1:14 AM

Here is link to main article

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2019 10:37 AM

Why do they feel the need to tell the world?

by Anonymousreply 2September 18, 2019 10:39 AM

[quote] protect from unconscious gender bias

That's only going to be effective if they somehow find a way to raise the child in a vacuum for the next 18 years. I'm assuming they're going to let it go out in public, and to school?

by Anonymousreply 3September 18, 2019 10:42 AM

No one gives a shit about your kid.

by Anonymousreply 4September 18, 2019 10:53 AM

The parents are circus performers.

Shocking, I know.

by Anonymousreply 5September 18, 2019 11:27 AM

Oh Dear!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 18, 2019 12:10 PM

Back in the seventies, life was dull, and one day I had absolutely nothing better to do that flip through my mother's feminist "Ms." magazine. There was a story in it about a child named Robin who was raised with nobody knowing its sex, and because the child was raised without any sex-based expectations and was totally free to be his/her/itsself, at the end it was proudly revealed that the child had "...no hangups at all!".

So the idea isn't new, it's at least fifty years old. Being stupid enough to try it in real life, though, that's new.

by Anonymousreply 7September 18, 2019 8:13 PM

Genderists are the new evolution deniers. The human race evolved over hundreds of thousands of years so that human beings could tell within seconds of seeing, hearing, and smelling a person whether that person was male or female. Science isn't trying to "hurt" anybody. Biology doesn't care about thoughts or feelings. Sex drive is just sex drive; there is no purpose other than mating and propagating the species.

And by the time a child is two or so-- probably earlier-- its sex is readily apparent. Good luck hiding it.

by Anonymousreply 8September 18, 2019 10:46 PM

"Sex drive is just sex drive; there is no purpose other than mating and propagating the species. "

You really should have said "... mating and/or propagating", considering your audience.

by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2019 10:51 PM

I guess I thought it was assumed, R9. Obviously, sex is as important to gay people as it is to straight people. And sexual exclusivity is not "bigotry."

by Anonymousreply 10September 19, 2019 1:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!