Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump on Cokie Roberts' death: 'She never treated me nicely. But I would like to wish her family well'

Trump's predecessor, former President Barack Obama, released a statement Tuesday calling Roberts "a role model to young women at a time when the profession was still dominated by men; a constant over forty years of a shifting media landscape and changing world, informing voters about the issues of our time and mentoring young journalists every step of the way."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 18, 2019 7:13 PM

Trump's tense relationship with the press has become a cornerstone of his administration, with the President repeatedly admonishing journalists as "the enemy of the people." His comments on Tuesday -- and, notably, his complaint that Roberts "never treated me nicely" -- stood in stark contrast to the praise Roberts' memory received elsewhere as a trailblazer in journalism.

by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2019 5:32 AM

Leave it to Trump to make it about him. I’d bet he thinks that nobody treats him nicely.

He has that weird thing where he praises people, usually adversaries, by saying something like “we had a very nice meeting...everyone was very nice...”, as if he thinks that these others, Nancy Pelosi, for example, might otherwise throw their feces at him over canapés. What might he usually expect? I think it perhaps means that he kept his temper, and if he didn’t, it would be because the other party was “not nice”.

by Anonymousreply 2September 18, 2019 5:41 AM

Meh. She was not an entirely nice woman. My aunt lived in her building and was a bit shocked. But he is, as ever, an inexcusable thug.

by Anonymousreply 3September 18, 2019 5:48 AM

Just ignore it. It is tr*mp.

by Anonymousreply 4September 18, 2019 5:50 AM

Trump is a classless piece of shit. He said he didn't know her. So shut the fuck up and say nothing.

Besides, if Cokie Roberts didn't treat Trump nicely--and that's only his opinion--she no doubt had good reason not to treat him nicely. Trump is a motherfucking fraud and criminal. He should be in prison.

by Anonymousreply 5September 18, 2019 6:02 AM

He’s a Tunt. Fuck him. The day we speak the same of him everything from Korbel to Dom Perignon will popping across the country.

by Anonymousreply 6September 18, 2019 6:02 AM

I imagine many people will be saying the same about him.

by Anonymousreply 7September 18, 2019 6:03 AM

[quote]But I would like to wish her family well

And what conditions would be necessary for this to happen?

My god the butchery of our American language is never-ending.

Why does he hate America?

by Anonymousreply 8September 18, 2019 8:53 AM

Trump continues to be an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2019 9:19 AM

She actually has a reputation as a great person. Know someone who k eye her and her husband. R3 is full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 10September 18, 2019 9:23 AM

All Trump ever does is complain that people don't give him praise or that they are mean to him. He literally has the mentality of a five year old. Sad little idiot.

by Anonymousreply 11September 18, 2019 9:29 AM

If Cokie Roberts commented on Trump, it was no doubt about Trump as a public or political figure. She wasn't commenting on him personally or as a private citizen. Trump doesn't know the difference. Besides, Trump is a motherfucking lying piece of shit criminal. He doesn't deserve to be treated nicely.

by Anonymousreply 12September 18, 2019 9:34 AM

His remarks are bizarrely inappropriate. The sad thing is, we’ve now come to expect them. Everyone stops, looks, shrugs their shoulders, and moves on to whatever insanity he’ll foist on us today. And on and on and on.

by Anonymousreply 13September 18, 2019 9:52 AM

He tweets and says so many horrible, horrible things, and all of them are narcissistic. That’s a given. It will always be the case.

What I don’t get is why people are addicted to his tweets. He could tweet about Elmo, Coca Cola, a turkey feather or Jupiter’s moon Io and people would relay and amplify his tweet and vomit up endless rage about it. And it doesn’t matter. Donald Trump is controlling all of us, you guys. Every time he hits the send button on Twitter, he is pulling marionette strings to get people to invest their vital energy into him. The news talks about it, people post about it here, it takes over offices and happy hours and bowling alleys and dressing rooms. It’s totally fucking crazy. What Trump says about Cokie Roberts ***has no import to anyone’s life*** and yet what he thinks about Cokie Roberts is going to be repeated a hundred million times because he is commanding us to obsess over him. Please deprogram your brain and get the old fucker out of there.

by Anonymousreply 14September 18, 2019 9:54 AM

He's not anyone who should be praised, admired or respected. He doesn't understand that, because he's lived his entire life in a bubble surrounded by asskissers, sycophants and yes-men.

He's authentically shocked and bewildered when people are 'mean' to him because he sees himself as a beloved genius billionaire awed by millions.

by Anonymousreply 15September 18, 2019 10:36 AM

No R10, she IS a bitch. It comes thru in EVERYTHING she ever said on camera. A vile loathsome detestable woman.

by Anonymousreply 16September 18, 2019 10:50 AM

R16 certainly has her XXL man panties in one gigantic twist, no?

by Anonymousreply 17September 18, 2019 11:43 AM

I wish I could WW R14 a thousand times.

by Anonymousreply 18September 18, 2019 11:48 AM

[quote]I imagine many people will be saying the same about him.

I can't imagine many people saying when Trump dies that they wish his family well.

by Anonymousreply 19September 18, 2019 12:31 PM

I spent an hour yesterday reading 500+ comments posted to the NY Times online obituary for Cokie Roberts.

98% of these comments were touching anecdotes both personal and professional.

I can only hope that people will say such nice things about me when I am gone.

by Anonymousreply 20September 18, 2019 3:47 PM

Donald Trump on "trees".

"I talk to the trees, but they don't listen to me"

by Anonymousreply 21September 18, 2019 4:01 PM

Donald, stick it up your ass.

by Anonymousreply 22September 18, 2019 4:53 PM

[quote] R14: What I don’t get is why people are addicted to his tweets. He could tweet about Elmo, Coca Cola, a turkey feather or Jupiter’s moon Io and people would relay and amplify his tweet and vomit up endless rage about it. And it doesn’t matter...

I’m mad about the baseless accusations he makes, that the FBI feels obligated to investigate. Like “Obama tapped my building”, or whatever it was. Or, all the stuff against Hillary and Comey. He just makes stuff up, when they are getting too close to him, and he vomits out nonsense, sending the FBI running after phantoms.

by Anonymousreply 23September 18, 2019 5:32 PM

r8, But you have hit upon it. Trump would LIKE to, but just CANNOT. Either consciously or subconsciously, he is telling the truth.

by Anonymousreply 24September 18, 2019 7:02 PM

Trump, no one would like to wish you or your family well.

by Anonymousreply 25September 18, 2019 7:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!