Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Wendy Williams renewed though 2022

Despite published rumors that this new season would be her last, Wendy tearfully and gratefully announced that they've been renewed, and they're not going away any time soon.

Yay...!

Linked is the report from Deadline

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 9, 2020 6:09 AM

Here's the text of the Deadline article:

As Season 11 of The Wendy Williams Show launched today, its backers had some news to share: The veteran daytime talker has been renewed for two more seasons on Fox Television stations and in syndication through 2021-22.

Hosted by Wendy Williams, the show is produced and distributed by Lionsgate’s Debmar-Mercury and airs on Fox owned-and-operated stations and in syndication. It includes a mix of interviews with celebrity guests from television, film, music and sports. It averaged more than 1.6 million viewers per day nationally during its past season, including 440,000 in the target demo of women 25-54.

“Wendy is family to us, and post-AM news, her program jumpstarts the day in our markets,” said Frank Cicha, EVP Programming at Fox Television Stations. “Plus, she’s got enough wigs to make sure the show never gets stale.”

Added Debmar-Mercury Co-Presidents Ira Bernstein and Mort Marcus: “Wendy’s enduring demo strength is matched only by its unwavering support among our valued station partners. Fox, which has been there from the start, remains a big believer in the power of Wendy to deliver the goods and keep its important morning news block viewers from going anywhere.”

But 2018-19 was a tumultuous season for the show and its host. Just before Christmas last year, fans noticed that Williams appeared to be slurring her words during one episode. She apologized, explaining that she was taking pain medication for a hairline fracture to her shoulder. About a month later, Williams announced that was taking an extended break from the show, citing complications from her Graves’ disease that required hospitalization.

She returned about six weeks later. but fans soon got another surprise. On March 19, about two weeks after she had returned to the show, Williams made an on-air confession — telling her studio and TV audiences that she was living in a sober house after seeking treatment for unspecified addiction issues.

A month after that it was disclosed that the host’s estranged husband, Kevin Hunter, was fired as executive producer of The Wendy Williams Show after eight years. Williams reportedly had filed for divorce from Hunter about a week earlier.

Williams said of today’s renewal news: “I want to tell Fox and all of our stations today how much their support and confidence means to me. They should know we will never stop working very hard to bring our dedicated Wendy Watchers and audience ‘co-hosts’ the freshest national daytime television! I ❤ you for watching!”

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2019 6:58 PM

I have a feeling this will end in tears or an emotional breakdown. She needs a good year, out of the public eye, to regroup and conquer her demons. I love her show and wish her the best, I just lack hope for her.

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2019 6:58 PM

She was crying today

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2019 9:53 PM

I love her tasteful and understated “W” pendant.

by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2019 10:01 PM

I noticed that at the end of the show today she had that plexiglass pedestal in front of her again. That piece first appeared around the time that she started sitting during the whole show, which she attributed to being very tired from traveling for her foundation and from being unsteady from Graves disease. I guess leaning on the pedestal helped her balance or to keep her steady.

The pedestal/stand disappeared around the time she came back from her doctor-ordered medical leave in early 2018 - I guess having her meds adjusted made her steady on her feet again. Seeing this thing out onstage again makes me wonder if her illness is ramping up again.

by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2019 10:10 PM

At the beginning of the show, Wendy thanked Jerry O'Connell for filling in, but then dropped the news that it was a no-go for a Jerry O show. Then someone put a message on the teleprompter to correct that message; she changed the announcement that his show is currently still being shopped and no decision has been made as yet. However, she advised that Jerry will still have a connection with Wendy - he wanted to cover the Lori Loughlin court case and that will likely happen.

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2019 10:21 PM

Williams is a mess. She's hanging out with ghetto princesses, and her fondness for booze and drugs is gonna be her ultimate downfall. Any contract can be cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2019 10:25 PM

Glad she'll be around a while

by Anonymousreply 8September 17, 2019 2:03 AM

She doesn't look renewed.

by Anonymousreply 9September 17, 2019 2:47 AM

I just watched today’s show and noticed in the credits at the end there was listed as the second executive producer “Just Wendy”. I assume this is shade towards Kevin as he used to be listed in that position.

by Anonymousreply 10September 17, 2019 3:28 AM

She's in trouble for saying that Christie Brinkley faked her injuries on Dancing With the Stars.

by Anonymousreply 11September 17, 2019 6:29 PM

Wendy is an Executive Producer of Jerry's talk show. Saying that the show is dead and later saying it might be alive is VERY strange behavior for anyone but particularly for someone who has an ownership stake in a product that could be incredibly lucrative for a long, long time. A normal person in that position would breathlessly promote it as the world's greatest creation at every single opportunity.

Is she insane?

by Anonymousreply 12September 17, 2019 6:48 PM

Wendy is an Executive Producer of Jerry's talk show. Saying that the show is dead and later saying it might be alive is VERY strange behavior for anyone but particularly for someone who has an ownership stake in a product that could be incredibly lucrative for a long, long time. A normal person in that position would breathlessly promote it as the world's greatest creation at every single opportunity.

Is she insane?

by Anonymousreply 13September 17, 2019 6:48 PM

She said it was over, which I guess she believed it to be, and then got a correction that it wasn't quite dead.

by Anonymousreply 14September 17, 2019 7:53 PM

Telling the wrong update is another sign that the executive producer title is just a vanity credit for another paycheck.

Lots of shows do this, but she should just be honest about the situation and not keep pretending that she has any real say in the show's production.

by Anonymousreply 15September 17, 2019 8:09 PM

When she went through the whole -poor Jerry O, wait, there’s a chance...- I assumed it was in an attempt to guilt her fans into tweeting support for the show getting picked up.

Her show was good today. I though she and Nene were going to get attitudinal with one another but they kept it civil. I had forgotten Nene calling Wendy a tranny by writing it on that Birkin bag. Wasn’t there also rumors that the reason that Wendy and Nene fell out was because of some old connection between Nene and the cheating husband, Kevin.

There was one massive eye roll moment today when Wendy was saying that though her show revels in messy personal gossip, it’s staffed by people with solid, upstanding homes and family lives. Talk about leading from the rear Wendy!

by Anonymousreply 16September 17, 2019 8:20 PM

[quote]Wendy tearfully and gratefully announced that they've been renewed, and they're not going away any time soon.

And then she smiled, wiped away her tears, and took another hit of crystal from her meth pipe.

by Anonymousreply 17September 17, 2019 8:24 PM

How rich is Wendy?

by Anonymousreply 18September 17, 2019 9:17 PM

IIRC, the last contract renewal she had was for much longer than 2 years more. After her rehab stint, I think she pulled it together just enough to renew to 2022. WW is still full of shit. She said she went to a sober living house just to get away from everything. She'll never be the same, she's not as sharp as she used to be.

WW was on Dancing with the Stars. She said it was really hard work. IIRC, she also questioned Kim Zolciak's health reasons for dropping out. I don't think WW will get in trouble for commenting on Brinkley. DWTS is just happy someone is talking about the show.

by Anonymousreply 19September 17, 2019 9:35 PM

I just watched the entire 52 minutes streaming of Wendy receiving her Hollywood walk of fame star, and I am verklempt

by Anonymousreply 20October 19, 2019 4:21 AM

She was pressured to be “the next Oprah” but she fought that and has been hugely successful by being true to herself. Even if you don’t like her, you have to admire her conviction and ability to connect with her audience.

by Anonymousreply 21October 20, 2019 2:28 AM

What, no comment on her "my gays" when she was reprimanding another celeb for a verbal misstep?

by Anonymousreply 22October 20, 2019 6:36 AM

Sometimes I'll accidentally catch part of the show. I can't watch longer than 15 minutes. Her affect is bazaar.

by Anonymousreply 23October 20, 2019 7:32 AM

It's bizarre that you think she's at a bazaar -- more of a one-ring circus...!

by Anonymousreply 24October 20, 2019 12:25 PM

thanks for the update, OP/Wendy's rep, we are still not watching her trashy shows, but you are welcome to keep posting here, you might even recruit one or two new viewers for her, every little bit counts!

by Anonymousreply 25October 20, 2019 1:01 PM

Who watches this crap?

by Anonymousreply 26October 20, 2019 1:27 PM

I do. I used to like her hot topics, but now, Wendy is in the habit of thinking her social life is hot topics. I vote not.

by Anonymousreply 27October 21, 2019 5:33 AM

I was censored on Wendy's Youtube channel today! I wrote a few lines about a guest she had on today - an 11-year-old boy who has opened a store in Bklyn. She had him on to praise his business skills, that he's promoting black enterprise, for giving back to the community and being a positive influence. All of this is good, but I dared to make an observation that the kid was the same height as Wendy's oversized boobs (in a skintight low cut dress) and they were right in his face the whole time she was praising him. I also wrote how Wendy hugged the kid and his face was right in her boobs and those oversized things just always got in the way. Twenty minutes after I posted, the comment had been removed.

I found this deletion to be very strange, after reading countless posts on the channel bashing Wendy during her days of stumbling and slurring on camera. My amused observation was mild compared to the dirt thrown at her in the past. I did notice that 99% of the comments that are posted are making Wendy look like the next Nobel Prize winner for having this kid on. I guess the page moderator only wants the suckups to post. Are they trying to make Wendy Mother Teresa 2.0 or something?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 9, 2020 2:22 AM

Who watches this drug addled twat? I can't stand someone who can dish it out but can't take it.

by Anonymousreply 29January 9, 2020 2:29 AM

There's an old quote, (I forget the source) that "nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public". Boy, the success of this weave in heels really proves THAT theory :(

by Anonymousreply 30January 9, 2020 2:32 AM

H.L. Mencken

Henry Louis Mencken (September 12, 1880 – January 29, 1956) was an American journalist, essayist, satirist, cultural critic and scholar of American English.

He commented widely on the social scene, literature, music, prominent politicians and contemporary movements.

His satirical reporting on the Scopes Trial, which he dubbed the "Monkey Trial," also gained him attention.

by Anonymousreply 31January 9, 2020 6:04 AM

Insufferable woman

by Anonymousreply 32January 9, 2020 6:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!