Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mandela Effects

What do you remember?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112September 29, 2019 5:49 AM

I much prefer the Mandisa effect

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2019 4:05 PM

Anyone who believes in the Mandela effect is a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2019 4:09 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 3September 17, 2019 4:06 AM

I want my three minutes back

by Anonymousreply 4September 17, 2019 4:22 AM

Though I did not think Nelson Mandela died until one moment before his actual death in 2013, and I remembered the Berenstain Bears rather than the Bernstein Bears, I do believe I remember "Objects MAY BE closer."

by Anonymousreply 5September 17, 2019 4:46 AM

The Mandela Effect is without a doubt the fucking stupidest thing I have ever heard of in my entire life. People miss-remember things, that's all it is.

by Anonymousreply 6September 17, 2019 4:49 AM

r6 = abject moron

by Anonymousreply 7September 17, 2019 4:51 AM

[quote] What do you remember?

Hon, it's not a big conspiracy, you've just done too many drugs.

by Anonymousreply 8September 17, 2019 4:56 AM

The only thing dumber than the idea that there were multiple people playing The Beatles is this notion of the Mandela Effect.

by Anonymousreply 9September 17, 2019 5:49 AM

R7, Are you sure about that? Maybe it's just the Mandela Effect switching you to an alternate timeline.

by Anonymousreply 10September 17, 2019 5:58 AM

The ones I definitely remember are 'Mirror, mirror on the wall,' not 'Magic mirror on the wall;' 'Luke, I am your father,' not 'Luke, I am the father;' in the bible, the lion lying down with the lamb, not the wolf lying down with the lamb; and 'It's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood,' not 'It's a beautiful day in this neighbourhood.'

I think it's 'may be closer;' will look on the car.

by Anonymousreply 11September 17, 2019 7:02 AM

r11, you can't look on the car. That's the thing with the Mandela Effect, all traces of the previous version vanish.

by Anonymousreply 12September 17, 2019 7:04 AM

I know that, R12, but I will look to see what it says now. I am sure it said '...may be closer.'

by Anonymousreply 13September 17, 2019 7:08 AM

R13 It didn't, you moron.

by Anonymousreply 14September 17, 2019 7:14 AM

R12 According to this idiotic video, there are traces of the "original" phrase in newspapers.

Jesus. No wonder Trump won.

by Anonymousreply 15September 17, 2019 7:15 AM

We live in a diverse world, Patticake. People have differing opinions and experiences. Accept it.

by Anonymousreply 16September 17, 2019 7:18 AM

Is this where that “debate” about chartreuse being neon green vs. bright pink in the ‘80s fits in?

I read someone’s manifesto about it and it scared the shit out of me.

by Anonymousreply 17September 17, 2019 7:33 AM

R16, yes, some people are abject morons and believe that reality is seamlessly shifting around them just because they miss-remember things.

by Anonymousreply 18September 17, 2019 5:49 PM

r17, haven't heard of that one. It was always a hideous green to me.

I learned to spell 'dilemna' but now it's 'dilemma'.

by Anonymousreply 19September 17, 2019 5:58 PM

Don't forget this movie.

Reddit is full of idiots who think it really existed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 17, 2019 6:05 PM

r20, I watched that movie when I was in 4th grade. I stayed late at the community center with a bunch of kids and my mom came to pick me up after dark.

by Anonymousreply 21September 17, 2019 6:12 PM

R21, no, you didn't. You're probably miss-remembering Shaq playing a genie in "Kazaam".

by Anonymousreply 22September 17, 2019 6:18 PM

This is like the TWILIGHT ZONE!!!!!

Rod Serling, is that you hiding over there?

by Anonymousreply 23September 17, 2019 6:53 PM

The chartreuse thing is probably someone getting it mixed up with cerise.

by Anonymousreply 24September 18, 2019 9:10 AM

OP's example is dumb because both are used.

R24, that's always been my theory as well. But the other day I read an article (can't remember where, but it was on a British site) where someone clarified they meant green chartreuse and not red chartreuse. Now I wonder just how many people think chartreuse is red.

by Anonymousreply 25September 18, 2019 9:15 AM

[quote]I watched that movie when I was in 4th grade

No you didn't.

Shaq was in Kazaam in 1996. Two years before, Sinbad had hosted Sinbad the sailor movies on a Saturday afternoon on TNT, and he was in an old "Sinbad" pirate costume that looks a lot like a genie costume. Kids conflated the two memories and "Shazaam" was born.

The weirdest thing about that rumor personally is that I first heard it on Usenet a long time ago, and about 20 of us who were already adults by 1994 remembered the Sinbad TNT hosting segments, and decided that was where the confusion came from. But a couple of years ago someone on Twitter said they "solved the mystery" with the exact same information and I was flabbergasted. It didn't occur to me that this was "forgotten" information.

by Anonymousreply 26September 18, 2019 9:19 AM

I wish the guy calling everyone "morons" would stop using the non-word "miss-remember." The word is "misremember," and the prefix he's misusing is "mis-" and not "miss-."

by Anonymousreply 27September 18, 2019 9:22 AM

R27 for Thread President. Keep calling out Miss Moron, Pres.

by Anonymousreply 28September 18, 2019 9:30 AM

[quote]Anyone who believes in the Mandela effect is a fucking idiot.

[quote]The only thing dumber than the idea that there were multiple people playing The Beatles is this notion of the Mandela Effect.

Nah, the only thing dumber would be people who misinterpret what the Mandela Effect actually means, a phenomenon where a large number of people recall the same false thing, for some sort of conspiracy theory. This includes the idiots who are also misinterpreting the meaning and say things like the Mandela effect "doesn't exist," when calling out people who misinterpret the meaning.

by Anonymousreply 29September 19, 2019 12:25 AM

For years, I thought Charles Nelson Riley starred in H.R. Puff N Stuff. I was even positive it showed up on IMDB, but apparently I’m wrong. I truly could’ve sworn that he did!

by Anonymousreply 30September 19, 2019 12:34 AM

"The Mandinka Effect" by Sinéad O'Connor is on the October 1992 Gap In-Store Playlist.

In this Universe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 19, 2019 12:48 AM

I always knew it as the bizarrely spelled "dilemna" until around 2010 when Auto-Correct kept changing it to "dilemma".

WHY would I have decades of memory of spelling this word with a silent 'N'?

It WAS "dilemna".

by Anonymousreply 32September 19, 2019 12:52 AM

R27, sorry for miss-autocorrecting on my phone. I'm still right. Anyone who thinks this shit is real is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 33September 19, 2019 2:38 AM

R30, that's because he was in "Lidsville" another similar Krofft production.

by Anonymousreply 34September 19, 2019 3:30 AM

Rodin's 'The Thinker' flipped again. He's now sucking on his knuckles, hand extended inward but with the fingers fully extended and his right elbow on his left knee. There's residue of the previous flop where he had his hand on his forehead. I wonder if the fist to the chin version will ever circle back around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 19, 2019 1:35 PM

It never flipped. It's always been exactly what it is.

by Anonymousreply 36September 19, 2019 3:25 PM

Who remembers Dobie Gillis? He freaken' used to pose as "The Thinker" at the beginning of every episode! Have the Dobie Gillis reruns changed now too?

This is madness.

by Anonymousreply 37September 19, 2019 7:37 PM

[quote]Anyone who thinks this shit is real is a moron.

Anyone who keeps saying this shit isn't real, because they can't be bothered to learn the actual definition of the term, is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 38September 19, 2019 7:47 PM

ok r38, what does the Mandela effect mean then?

by Anonymousreply 39September 19, 2019 7:49 PM

The Mandela effect describes people misremembering things in a particular way though R6, it points to the power of collective memory to shape our subjective experience of the world, and the malleability and fallibility of memory itself. It also underlines how strongly held our belief in distorted memories are - things can feel so real even though they are wrong. Therefore it is useful.

I had no idea that so many people apparently believed Mandela had already died, I certainly didn't, but that doesn't mean the effect isn't real. I'm not sure why people think that a definition or category isn't useful just because there is a more general category into which it also fits, that of 'misremembering' in general.

by Anonymousreply 40September 19, 2019 7:56 PM

[quote] I'm not sure why people think that a definition or category isn't useful just because there is a more general category into which it also fits, that of 'misremembering' in general.

Because people are morons and keep twisting the Effect to be a conspiracy theory wherein people aren't misremembering, but rather events have been changed to make people think so. This includes the morons who keep shouting that the Mandela Effect is "stupid," and "not a real thing."

by Anonymousreply 41September 19, 2019 8:05 PM

R39 see R29.

by Anonymousreply 42September 19, 2019 8:08 PM

Thanks R41, I was confused as to why some people would take such offence at the phenomena, which clearly does exist. Looking back over the thread properly I can see that some people really do think that other people believe that reality is constantly shifting depending upon what they believe.

It is ironic that they call the concept is a conspiracy theory when it appears that they themselves believe in what is essentially a conspiracy theory - that large groups of people are being fooled into believing that reality is constantly shifting depending upon their memories.

by Anonymousreply 43September 19, 2019 8:39 PM

Because people DO believe that reality is shifting and changing around them. You can see examples of it in this thread.

[quote] The Mandela effect is, depending on who you ask, either a weird phenomenon where large groups of people misremember the exact same given thing in the exact same way, or the pseudoscientific belief that some differences between one's memories and the real world are caused by changes to past events in the timeline. Many proponents of the latter (which is the version this article focuses on) believe it is caused by accidental travel between alternate universes, although some others propose that history has been deliberately altered after the fact by malicious extradimensional beings within the same timeline or by experiments at CERN.

-- RationalWiki

I remember when it first sprung up after the LHC was fired up. It was always about changes to reality. I don't think the misremembering explanation came along until much later.

by Anonymousreply 44September 20, 2019 1:47 AM

No, R44, it wasn't. What you are citing is something that is specifically discussing what the "Mandela Effect," has been misconstrued to mean.

You are misremembering what it was first about and what you first heard about it!

by Anonymousreply 45September 20, 2019 2:06 AM

Linked is an extensive look into the Ed McMahon Never Worked For Publisher's Clearing House ME. If you haven't been keeping up, in this timeline: Ed McMahon never worked for Publisher's Clearing House and, thus, never handed out big checks at people's doors for them. In this timeline, if you 'remember' him having worked for PCH you're misremembering or making it up.

Part 1:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 20, 2019 2:10 AM

Ed McMahon Never Worked For Publisher's Clearing House ME - Part 2:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 20, 2019 2:11 AM

R45, no, you're just wrong.

by Anonymousreply 48September 20, 2019 2:13 AM

Keep telling yourself that, R48! You're the perfect example of the Mandela Effect!

by Anonymousreply 49September 20, 2019 2:24 AM

Why does that need two parts, re: Ed? People misremember because he did hand out checks for a competing Sweepstakes.

by Anonymousreply 50September 20, 2019 2:26 AM

The Mandela Effect is the phenomena of large groups of people 'remembering' something that there is no recorded history of ever having happened or existed.

These collective memories directly conflict with 'the reality' of the event or object, i.e. C3P0's silver leg. In some instances, a group of 'The Affected' will 'remember' an event or object that does not exist at all and has no record of ever having existed.

An off-shoot of this are things like Mandanimals, which are 'unusual' animals, most often large-ish in size and residing in or near places with high human populations, that large groups of 'The Affected' insist they have never heard of or seen before, but which could not have reasonably gone unnoticed for hundreds or thousands of years.

Mandela Effects 'flip'. Rodin's 'The Thinker' is a prime example of an ME flipping. Groups of 'The Affected' have been obsessively documenting 'The Thinker' for years and have logged the statue as having made 3 notable shifts in position, despite being a work of solid bronze.

What is not a Mandela Effect: One guy misremembering the location of Nebraska on a map.

by Anonymousreply 51September 20, 2019 2:31 AM

r50, why don't you try reading it instead of assuming you know everything? I hate people like you. You're always jumping to conclusions and never listening to anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 52September 20, 2019 2:32 AM

R49, you're a prime example of delusion.

by Anonymousreply 53September 20, 2019 2:33 AM

Says the person misremembering.

by Anonymousreply 54September 20, 2019 2:34 AM

And I hate people who post links to long videos instead of getting to the point and using their own words.

by Anonymousreply 55September 20, 2019 2:35 AM

Says the delusional.

by Anonymousreply 56September 20, 2019 2:35 AM

The Mandela Effect was always about a group of people who believed that Mandela died and then the world covered up and brought him back to life!!!!

Except that's not what the Mandela Effect was originally written about.

Or so that's what we want to believe! It actually was the former and then it was changed after the fact so everyone just thinks it was just about a mass group of people remembering something false!

by Anonymousreply 57September 20, 2019 2:38 AM

There's a major conflation in that (ironically titled) Rational Wiki entry between [italic]what The Effect is[/italic] and [italic]what caused The Effect[/italic]. Theories about the cause of The Effect abound and there is plenty of room for speculation. However, The Effect, itself, is observable without knowing its cause, much like how our ancestors were able to observe lightning before developing enough understanding of science to explain the atmospheric causes for it.

by Anonymousreply 58September 20, 2019 2:39 AM

DL is hyperlinking to videos within the articles rather than to the articles, themselves:

https://www.geekinsider.com/the-ed-mcmahon-effect-an-investigation-into-the-most-perplexing-mandela-effect-ever-part-1-2/ https://www.geekinsider.com/the-ed-mcmahon-effect-part-2-2/

by Anonymousreply 59September 20, 2019 2:41 AM

That's insane. We used to get those Publishers Clearing envelopes in the mail. Ed McMahon's face and signature were on the envelopes.

by Anonymousreply 60September 20, 2019 2:45 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61September 20, 2019 2:52 AM

Y'all have given me a headache with all yer cauterwauling. Is that the Mandela Effect?

by Anonymousreply 62September 20, 2019 2:58 AM

This is for the "dilemna" people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63September 20, 2019 3:00 AM

Life is but a dream. What is sleep but a glimpse of death. Cheers!

by Anonymousreply 64September 20, 2019 3:06 AM

People have a tough time admitting they're wrong. Try telling them Ed McMahon worked for American Family Publishers and NOT Publishers Clearing House and they would rather claim conspiracy theory than simply say "oh, I must have gotten them confused."

by Anonymousreply 65September 20, 2019 3:36 AM

I don't have them confused. I've never heard of American Family Publishers. I always filled out the PCH sweepstakes because I wanted one of those giant checks. Ed McMahon was the spokesman.

by Anonymousreply 66September 20, 2019 3:40 AM

This is the most retarded shit. It's an über urban legend that explains all other urban legends. I love it.

by Anonymousreply 67September 20, 2019 3:41 AM

r65, did you read the article?

by Anonymousreply 68September 20, 2019 3:56 AM

Somebody's lying but why?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69September 20, 2019 4:10 AM

That DILEMNA article is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 70September 20, 2019 4:15 AM

R69 all that shows is that everyone mixed up the two sweepstakes and someone used that as part of a con.

by Anonymousreply 71September 20, 2019 4:16 AM

Click on the link. Numerous articles refer to McMahon the PCH spokesman.

by Anonymousreply 72September 20, 2019 4:18 AM

McMahon was NEVER the PCH spokesmen, it was always Dave Sayer or whatever that old coot's name is.

McMahon worked for a rival sweepstakes company, that's the way I remember it.

What the hell does all this other stuff even prove? Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 73September 20, 2019 4:21 AM

Why are you trying so hard to convince me of what I know is a lie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74September 20, 2019 4:26 AM

It's idiocy of the highest order to claim that, because Forbes once incorrectly stated that McMahon never held a giant check, that it means he worked for PCH and not AFP and there has been some conspiracy and/or metaphysical shenanigans to change reality.

by Anonymousreply 75September 20, 2019 4:37 AM

Yeah, that article has two parts to it all mostly based on one source, Forbes, making a statement that he never held a check or delivered one, etc. Instead of just saying, "Those that remember it this way is because there were two competing Sweepstakes."

A whole conspiracy was created because ONE source got a small part of the information wrong.

by Anonymousreply 76September 20, 2019 4:42 AM

PCH claims that MCMahon never worked for them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77September 20, 2019 4:47 AM

I'm so tired of this trend of people who are completely, one hundred percent ignorant about a subject matter deciding that their opinions on that subject are not only worth expressing but somehow equally valid to those of people who have studied a subject extensively, broadly and in depth, for years. If you don't know anything about a subject: shut the fuck up. No one cares what you think. Your thoughts are not, in fact, valuable or desirable to anyone. Just because you can add to the cacophony, doesn't mean you should. An excess of opinions is not an esteemable trait, it's a character flaw.

by Anonymousreply 78September 20, 2019 5:02 AM

I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and saw Rod Serling in the “Beyond” section of the store!

by Anonymousreply 79September 20, 2019 5:17 AM

Speaking of which, this is just ridiculous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80September 20, 2019 5:22 AM

The Twilight Zone host's surname has never been anything but "Serling." No "t."

by Anonymousreply 81September 20, 2019 5:31 AM

r81, that just means you're from this timeline. Pity, you.

by Anonymousreply 82September 20, 2019 5:58 AM

Someone explain to me why Queen's, "We are the Champions," is supposed to be a Mandela Effect?

Supposedly, everyone remembers it ending with, "of the world..." but it doesn't and none of the recordings have it ending that way.

Okay, but there are live versions of Freddie singing, "of the world," so isn't it just that everyone remembers it because of the live versions? What am I missing?

by Anonymousreply 83September 20, 2019 6:04 AM

Do you remember the cornucopia on the Fruit of the Loom logo?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84September 20, 2019 6:19 AM

r83, you're missing an understanding of what The Mandela Effect is. Of course, there are no traces of a studio cut of the song that ends with "of the world". If there were, it wouldn't be a Mandela Effect. All of those people 'remember' a version of the song that does not exist and of which there is no physical evidence of ever having existed in this world. That's what The Mandela Effect is. A myriad different live versions of the song have no bearing on the situation. The Affected are not remembering a live album concert, they're remembering the radio edit -- a radio edit which does not exist here.

by Anonymousreply 85September 20, 2019 7:15 AM

New to this, so sorry if this is an obvious question, why does any of this matter?

by Anonymousreply 86September 20, 2019 7:53 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87September 20, 2019 1:16 PM

Maybe the "of the world" ending of "we are the champions" was in a tv commercial or something, and only a part of the song was used.

by Anonymousreply 88September 20, 2019 1:25 PM

The thing about the Queen thing is that it isn't as though mass people are remembering something that never happened. It's not like the Mandela incident where people are remembering a thing that definitely did not occur. The line is definitely sung by Freddie in versions of the song, so people are just confusing a popular version for what they've heard with having been an album recording, so it's not a mystery as to why people would remember that he sings, "of the world," at the end.

by Anonymousreply 89September 20, 2019 1:46 PM

[quote]Since when Mongolia is a seperate country?

Oh, double dear.

by Anonymousreply 90September 20, 2019 1:48 PM

I'm so glad the people who can't be bothered to read at all about The Mandela Effect and other people's experiences of specific instances of it continue to feel the irrepressible urge to make the most idiotic, uninformed, asinine comments possible about specific MEs. Your proud displays of ignorance add so much useful insight to the conversation that it's overwhelming. And, I'll speak for everyone when I say that I hope you never, ever stop vomiting up your completely uninformed and useless opinions on every subject you know nothing about. You people are the conversational equivalent of someone who farts in an elevator right before they get off and it is so charming. It makes me down right jealous of the people who are forced to deal with you and all of your uninformed opinions every day in real life. There's no trait more likable, some might even say admirable, than expounding on subjects of which one is completely ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 91September 20, 2019 2:35 PM

And yet you started this thread so what did you expect, hm?

by Anonymousreply 92September 20, 2019 2:37 PM

He expected to be showered with praise and WWs for his delusions.

by Anonymousreply 93September 20, 2019 2:57 PM

Riddle me this Mandela Effect sufferers: How come in the Mandela effect only small almost inconsequential things are the only things that change? For instance, some Mandela effect people say that there were only 4 people in Kennedy's car when he was assassinated; while history clearly shows there were 6 people in the car.

How come BIG things never change like Kennedy not getting assassinated at all? Is the almighty Mandela Effect not strong enough to change things that significant?

The whole thing is crazy.

by Anonymousreply 94September 20, 2019 7:01 PM

For a long time I thought Gladys Knight had died somewhere in the early 2000s.

by Anonymousreply 95September 20, 2019 7:30 PM

R84, Fruit of the Loom always had the fruit logo and those brown leaves around it looked like a cornucopia at first glance, I remember being thrown by that as a kid. No idea if they ever had a cornucopia for, say, a Thanksgiving ad, but if you look up vintage FotL clothing on eBay, none has a cornucopia, just the fruit.

by Anonymousreply 96September 21, 2019 12:25 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97September 21, 2019 12:51 PM

I'm starting to find the supposed Mandela Effect interesting. It mostly appears to be ignorant people misremembering things and then refusing to admit it.

Apparently people think the Statue of Liberty used to be ON Ellis Island.

by Anonymousreply 98September 21, 2019 1:39 PM

[quote]Apparently people think the Statue of Liberty used to be ON Ellis Island.

Not unless they moved it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99September 21, 2019 4:39 PM

r99, that's the point. The people remember it being there, remember it being there, in a physically different place. In their timeline it was on the same island. In this one, it's on a different island. You don't seem to comprehend the concept of The Mandela Effect.

by Anonymousreply 100September 21, 2019 10:09 PM

Stick with it through the first minute or so of introduction or just skip til after that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101September 21, 2019 10:18 PM

Many people remember New Zealand being somewhere else completely.

by Anonymousreply 102September 21, 2019 10:26 PM

R100 I'm not the person you're responding to but I don't think you understand the Mandela Effect yourself. It is a phenomena of collective misremembering, that's all. There are no alternate timelines or anything like that in the concept.

by Anonymousreply 103September 22, 2019 2:41 PM

They "ARE" closer than they appeal, always. "MAY BE" closer makes no sense because it sounds like sometimes they are, and sometimes they aren't.

by Anonymousreply 104September 22, 2019 2:42 PM

r103, no, you're misunderstanding it. It's history that's 'wrong' not the collective memories of The Affected. We're not talking about 3 people who don't know where North Dakota is on a map. We're talking about tens of thousands of people who all share exactly the same memories of where The Thinker's fist should be, but no longer is.

by Anonymousreply 105September 22, 2019 10:38 PM

R105 Okay, but why don't people actually have a good answer for who was the first president of South Africa, for example? Some people said Winnie Mandela, which... okay... fine, but most straight up admitted they were a) too young to know politics or b) not aware of South African politics, but were certain it couldn't be Mandela.

All these people are probably thinking of Steve Biko, when they think Mandela died, but too embarrassed/stupid to admit it.

by Anonymousreply 106September 23, 2019 1:23 AM

The Mandela Effect involves parallel universes. That was the concept of the idiot who invented it. That's how she defined it.

by Anonymousreply 107September 23, 2019 3:43 AM

R107, I think I prefer you on the kitten threads where you aren't abusing the shit out of others who don't share your views.

by Anonymousreply 108September 23, 2019 6:26 AM

This stupid cow brings this nonsense up every six months or so and is shocked when we don’t validate her delusion.

by Anonymousreply 109September 23, 2019 12:37 PM

Here’s the last time she tried:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110September 23, 2019 12:39 PM

Damn, I forgot how many stupid Dlers were in the previous thread.

Terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 111September 23, 2019 3:30 PM

r106, I can't speak to the eponymous ME, because I don't have that one. With 'The Berenstein Bears', I distinctly remember having a conversation with my mother when I was about seven years old asking her about the pronunciation of the name. She had a close friend, whom we saw often, who had a -stein last name and I was trying to figure out when -stein names were pronounced -steen and when they were pronounced -stine. I even remember where we were standing in my bedroom when I asked her about this. If the bears in the books had been called 'Berenstain', the conversation would have never taken place.

Who remembers "The lost continent of Greater Adria"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112September 29, 2019 5:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!