Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rick Finch of KC and the Sunshine Band back in jail...

Apparently he violated parole by having contact with a male minor and ended up back in jail in April. Supposedly he'll be out again in January of 2020. This guy is just a train wreck and obviously can't get control of himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143June 21, 2020 5:35 AM

What I want to know is how did KC get back the other half of the 50/50 royalty split he had with Finch?

by Anonymousreply 1September 15, 2019 7:21 PM

The voiceover on that video made it unlistenable.

by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2019 7:27 PM

R2 I know, but I couldn't find a printed news report of the re-arrest or I would've posted that instead.

by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2019 7:32 PM

The woman reading that copy sounded like she’d mixed Valium and vodka before hitting record.

by Anonymousreply 4September 15, 2019 8:26 PM

Find a little boy

Make a little love

Get jailed tonight! Get jailed tonight!

by Anonymousreply 5September 15, 2019 8:30 PM

I wonder if KC keeps up with the antics of his former band-mate. Supposedly they had a terrible falling out and haven't spoken in years.

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2019 3:28 AM

Was KC gay too?

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2019 3:39 AM

R7 There have been a bunch of threads about this subject. KC has never come out and neither of them has ever confirmed their relationship, but KC and Finch lived together for years in KC's Miami home. They had matching cars, matching rings, etc. Supposedly it was an open secret in the music biz that they were lovers.

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2019 4:31 AM

[Quote] about KC's private life, the reason there is so little info about his personal life, like the names of any women he's dated, is because there aren't any. He is gay, and apparently doesn't want to make this known to his (mostly female) fans. Rick and KC lived together for many years, in a house where KC still resides. Their relationship was known to those in the music business, but wasn't talked about openly in those days, presumably because it could be a career-ender.

[Quote] There was some legal ugliness after they split, when KC took back Rick's 50% of song rights, which Rick claims he was duped into relinquishing. I personally believe that KC originally gave Rick that 50% share as a gift, and my theory is backed up by a former TK employee who was in the office the day KC came in and asked that Rick be given co-writing credits for all future songs. Rick had a HUGE role in the ground-breaking sound of those original albums, but I believe that most of the writing was done by KC.

[Quote] Then there was Rick's sex conviction, which had KC going into damage-control mode and distancing himself from Rick as much as possible, even saying that Rick was never an integral part of the band (which is ridiculous).

[Quote] In any case, there have been frequent sightings of KC at gay bars over the years, accompanied by young men. So, he's apparently not trying to hide anything in his day-to-day life, but publicly he's staying closed-mouth about his sexuality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 16, 2019 10:26 AM

You need look no further than here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 16, 2019 4:38 PM

Well, that's sad that K.C. and Rick feel they need to be closeted in this day and age.

I guess they're still playing to an older generation.

by Anonymousreply 11September 16, 2019 6:24 PM

In 1981 KC supposedly punched a Chilean reporter in the face for asking if he was bi-sexual.

R1 He had a contract drawn up and I think he bought them back. Finch bitched about it later and said that he was tricked into doing it and tried to have it reversed, but failed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 23, 2019 8:48 AM

He's out--- got out in January:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2020 6:45 AM

Licking county. How apropos.

by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2020 6:54 AM

Underage,

Uh-huh, uh-huh,

I like it,

Uh-huh, uh-huh!

by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2020 6:57 AM

^^^ Hey, me, too!

by Anonymousreply 16April 15, 2020 6:58 AM

You KNOW that KC is not happy about Rick's release...expecting a knock at the door one of these days...

by Anonymousreply 17April 15, 2020 7:13 AM

Hot Zaddy.

by Anonymousreply 18April 15, 2020 7:16 AM

Is it really THAT bad to lick 15-17 year old boypussies? They are basically grown some of them even havea little hair..

by Anonymousreply 19April 15, 2020 7:25 AM

I have a theory about KC and Rick's relationship...I think Rick was the more advanced one sexually, even though KC was a couple of years older. In fact, I surmise that Rick was KC's first sex partner. I think when they broke up, this was one of the reasons KC was so devastated and reclusive. I think KC was really smitten and wrote all those sexy disco songs for Rick. Just a theory, though. ;-)

There's a chapter about Rick in Leif Garrett's new autobiography, BTW. Haven't read it yet.

by Anonymousreply 20April 15, 2020 7:27 AM

Between the ages of 15-17 I had sex with a lot of men over eighteen. I don’t feel raped or damaged by any of those encounters. And I don’t think any of them thought they were committing a crime either. I guess the seventies were a different time, though. Can’t imagine bringing charges against any of them.

by Anonymousreply 21April 15, 2020 7:35 AM

R21 Well, I think in Rick's case the encounters were non-consensual, so it was more than just an age thing-- at least one of the young men went to the police.

by Anonymousreply 22April 15, 2020 7:40 AM

Ah, OK. That’s a very different story.

by Anonymousreply 23April 16, 2020 6:31 AM

Damn KC has gotten fat and hideous in his old age

by Anonymousreply 24April 16, 2020 6:45 AM

I don’t believe rick was given the 50% by KC as a gift because rick had co writing credits from the beginning, starting with George macraes rock your baby which came out a year and half before they hit it big.

KC lies about ricks time of departure from the band. Kc claims 1979 but rick is on the do you wanna party album and got co writing credit for please don’t go. Also rick was brought back in to punch up give it up around 82-83

by Anonymousreply 25April 16, 2020 6:51 AM

Rick is hot.

by Anonymousreply 26April 16, 2020 7:26 AM

Lol R26

by Anonymousreply 27April 16, 2020 10:47 AM

After his show at Disney World KC use to cruise the DXisney cast members. He blew my friend who played Aladdin in the underground. My friend thought him fat and creepy. But that's what passes for star fukin in Orlando.

by Anonymousreply 28April 16, 2020 12:50 PM

R25 Well, it's true that KC's account of events is suspect-- Rick not only contributed to "give it up" but also contributed to the previous Epic album "the painter". But even Rick doesn't claim he wrote any of the songs, he says he came up with some of the song titles. But I think the co-writing credit was to compensate him for his production and arranging contributions, which were quite instrumental in the success of those early albums.

by Anonymousreply 29April 16, 2020 8:54 PM

R28 Wow! Get your friend on here! Definitely need some more details about that, lol!!

by Anonymousreply 30April 16, 2020 8:59 PM

R26 Rick was kinda cute when he was young. I definitely see why KC was attracted to him. But KC was absolutely STUNNING when he was young. Hard to believe what he looks like now.

by Anonymousreply 31April 16, 2020 9:08 PM

R28 There's something wrong and immoral about blowing a Disney character, lol.

I wonder if he ever lets anyone blow him...

by Anonymousreply 32April 17, 2020 8:03 PM

If KC did the lyrics and Rick did the music then he would indeed get a co writing credit. Rick was arranging and producing music as a teenager.

Rick and KC (Harry) are both interviewed on the behind the music special and Rick is flaming and the producers did their best to avoid the obvious that Rick and KC were a couple.

I wonder if the DL poster who interacted with Rick on YouTube still posts here.

by Anonymousreply 33April 18, 2020 5:21 AM

Hit the button too soon. Years ago a poster here told a story about posting on a YouTube video that Rick and KC were lovers and Rick asked the person to remove the comment because his son saw it. He didn’t deny it but didn’t want his son to see it.

I saw KC in concert a few years ago and he does put on a decent show and joked about his weight gain from quitting smoking.

On his Facebook page he’s wearing toupees now and they look terrible. He doesn’t even try to blend it in with his real hair.

by Anonymousreply 34April 18, 2020 5:33 AM

[quote] joked about his weight gain from quitting smoking.

Smoking crack, I assume.

by Anonymousreply 35April 18, 2020 1:53 PM

Keep it cummin’ love, keep it cummin’ love.

by Anonymousreply 36April 18, 2020 4:21 PM

R33 KC is pretty adamant that he wrote all the songs, and that Rick's contribution was limited to production, arranging and engineering. KC says the co-writing credit arrangement was a "regardless of who did what" type of deal. In terms of songwriting, even Rick claims he just came up with some of the song titles, but that's it.

I only vaguely remember the VH1 doc (it has been unavailable for years) but Rick never struck me as a flamer, it always seemed like KC was the one who struggled to hide it most.

R34 I remember that post about Rick's kid. I wonder who the mother is? Hard to believe Rick ever had relations with a woman, but if he was dabbling, maybe that caused friction between him and KC and that hastened their split? Who knows. I'm kind of hoping Rick gets his memoir finished and published.

KC's toupee is HIDEOUS. He'd look better bald.

by Anonymousreply 37April 18, 2020 9:12 PM

R28 Did he find him creepy before, or after? LOL. Why would he let and old fat creepy guy blow him?

by Anonymousreply 38April 18, 2020 9:54 PM

R38 $$$$$

by Anonymousreply 39April 18, 2020 10:09 PM

R39 He paid Aladdin for sex?! LOL.

by Anonymousreply 40April 19, 2020 1:44 AM

[quote]KC is pretty adamant that he wrote all the songs, and that Rick's contribution was limited to production, arranging and engineering.

The production and arrangements are what made those songs great. The lyrics could be pretty lame even by disco standards, although the melodies are generally good.

by Anonymousreply 41April 19, 2020 1:52 AM

R41 No doubt - Rick Finch is a HUGE reason as to why those songs were successful, and KC's claim that Rick was never an integral part of the band is ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 42April 19, 2020 1:56 AM

He looks east Asian like Seth Meyers and the boy from 3rd Rock From The Son.

by Anonymousreply 43April 19, 2020 2:29 AM

R43 Joseph Gordon-Levitt! Yup, I thought the same thing! He can play Rick in the movie, and Ashton Kutcher can play KC, lol.

by Anonymousreply 44April 19, 2020 3:55 AM

r44

That actually would work

by Anonymousreply 45April 19, 2020 6:49 PM

R44 Someone else suggested James Franco as KC...while not as obvious a choice as Ashton, I could totally see that.

The only way a KC movie is getting made is if Rick comes out with his tell-all and somebody buys movie rights (and then of course, KC will sue to try and stop it being made). I talked to a guy recently who wanted to make a documentary about KC. They pitched the project to KC and got the go-ahead to start, and then without warning, KC pulled the plug. I'm surprised it got THAT far. KC does NOT want anyone to know the unvarnished details of his personal life.

by Anonymousreply 46April 20, 2020 4:09 AM

R28 I'm not buying it. Not until I hear the details from Aladdin himself.

by Anonymousreply 47April 20, 2020 4:25 AM

KC had women THROWING themselves at him in the 70s. I wonder if he ever got curious and let one of them blow him?

by Anonymousreply 48April 20, 2020 4:28 AM

My God, just saw a recent pic of KC and holy shit, he looks awful. He was on a show a few years ago and looked okay. WTF happened? Fat and terrible toupee. Looks like he barely puts on any effort to dress up.

by Anonymousreply 49April 20, 2020 4:35 AM

R41 and r42 I agree. Rick played bass and most of those songs were bass driven. And I think Rick played the majority of the instruments on the studio recordings.

by Anonymousreply 50April 20, 2020 4:43 AM

R49 He's unrecognizable, unfortunately. I want to know what the fuck happened to his NOSE. Forget his fat ass...his NOSE is three times the size it was in the 70s. Is that from all the coke?

And I can't imagine him looking in the mirror at that dead animal on his head and thinking that looks good. He used to be so snazzy and stylish. Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 51April 20, 2020 4:48 AM

R50 He played bass, and sometimes drums and percussion. KC did the keyboards. Horns were a group of really talented studio musicians-- different from the stage horn players.

by Anonymousreply 52April 20, 2020 4:52 AM

I don't know what happened to his nose, but he definitely had his ears surgically pinned at some point. If you look at old pics of him with short hair, he looked like a loving-cup. Now, his ears are almost unnaturally flat against his head.

by Anonymousreply 53April 20, 2020 4:54 AM

On the FB banner, there is a pic of the band and I kept looking at it and wondering "Where the fuck is KC?" It took me about ten minutes to find him! LOL

It's like he is a completely different person.

by Anonymousreply 54April 20, 2020 4:56 AM

R54 I listened to an interview with KC on YouTube recently, and in the comments section someone floated the idea that KC didn't actually survive that car crash that he was in around 1982, and the current KC is a fake (a la Paul McCartney) LOL!

by Anonymousreply 55April 20, 2020 5:00 AM

R51 I’m guessing the bulbous nose might be from alcoholism, though he says he’s been sober for years. The toupee is fairly recent and he’s been pretty smart with his money, I think he still lives in the same home he shared with Rick. The ears have been pinned back but he didn’t get his teeth done and I don’t know why he couldn’t spring for a transplant or at least a better fitting toupee.

by Anonymousreply 56April 20, 2020 5:11 AM

Yes R20, Leif Garrett has a chapter in his book about staying at Rick’s house in Miami while recording an album. According to Leif, Rick tried continuously to seduce him, even crawling into his bed one night. The way Leif describes it, the whole experience in Miami was grim and creepy.

Good book by the way...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 20, 2020 5:13 AM

R57 Yeah, that was KC's house in Miami that he shared with Rick, wasn't it?

by Anonymousreply 58April 20, 2020 5:15 AM

R56 KC says he still drinks occasionally, but that alcohol was not his problem-- it was pills and coke. Yes, he still lives in the same house in Miami that he bought in the 1970s, that he used to share with Rick.

I'm glad he never had his teeth done--- it's the only part of him that still looks like the "old KC"! But yeah--- you think he could spend a little more money on fixing the hair situation, or just friggin' shave it off completely.

by Anonymousreply 59April 20, 2020 5:18 AM

R58, I think so. I think Leif made a reference to seeing KC around the house and studio a few times but there wasn’t much interaction.

by Anonymousreply 60April 20, 2020 5:19 AM

He lives in Licking? LOL

by Anonymousreply 61April 20, 2020 5:22 AM

R57 Thanks for that, I really want to read that book. There's a thread on Leif, btw:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62April 20, 2020 5:32 AM

R49 I had to see how he looks now. What. The. Fuck. Someone let’s him go on stage like this!?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 20, 2020 5:37 AM

That's KC? I wouldn't have recognized me. He looks like someone's fat, alcoholic uncle

by Anonymousreply 64April 20, 2020 5:46 AM

R63 R64 If you think he LOOKS bad, you should hear his last couple of albums. HORRIBLE.

by Anonymousreply 65April 20, 2020 5:52 AM

[quote] He looks like someone's fat, alcoholic uncle

Well, his sister has a bunch of kids, so I guess he is! lol!

by Anonymousreply 66April 20, 2020 6:03 AM

R63 [quote] I had to see how he looks now. What. The. Fuck. Someone let’s him go on stage like this!?!

Quite a change. Damn, he used to be HOT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67April 20, 2020 6:08 AM

R63 [quote] I had to see how he looks now. What. The. Fuck. Someone let’s him go on stage like this!?!

Quite a change. Damn, he used to be HOT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 20, 2020 6:08 AM

R67 Too bad he didn't age more like Rick Springfield who is over 70 now and still looks good.

by Anonymousreply 69April 20, 2020 6:15 AM

Springfield is in great shape, he’s also had a ton of plastic surgery and needs to tone it down before he gets to Kenny Rogers territory.

by Anonymousreply 70April 20, 2020 12:46 PM

Finch ad K C, wish I had known. Are they both pedophiles? Chicken hawks or what?

by Anonymousreply 71April 20, 2020 2:29 PM

R70 Has he had a lot of plastic surgery? I know he had the bags under his eyes done when he was just in his 20s (he talked about it in his memoir). Seems like once you have one go-round with plastic surgery, though, it becomes a habit.

He does work out a lot and keeps his bod in great shape. And unlike KC, he's fortunate that he has great hair.

by Anonymousreply 72April 20, 2020 6:56 PM

R71 KC is a chicken hawk but I think is smart enough not to go over the line. But Rick borders on pedo (and non-consensual, to boot, which got him jailed).

by Anonymousreply 73April 20, 2020 7:03 PM

R63 I don't think he has anybody in his life to tell him the truth.

by Anonymousreply 74April 20, 2020 7:05 PM

R72 I saw him with Richard Marx not too long ago overall he does look good, but his face unnaturally smooth and has a bit of the waxy look of a male facelift. He needed to pick a more natural color to dye his hair.

by Anonymousreply 75April 20, 2020 7:25 PM

R75 His first experience with plastic surgery in the 1970s was not a good one, so I'm surprised he'd want to go under the knife again. He's probably had Botox, too.

Last I saw, he'd let his hair turn grey which was nice. He always had good, thick hair.

by Anonymousreply 76April 20, 2020 10:10 PM

Donny Osmond still looks good, too. I've been seeing him on those Time-Life infommercials lately and he still...looks like Donny Osmond. But he's only 62.

by Anonymousreply 77April 21, 2020 6:21 AM

R77 is the perfect time to say

by Anonymousreply 78April 21, 2020 5:08 PM

R78 Not a Boomer, GenX actually. But Donny is a Boomer, yes.

by Anonymousreply 79April 21, 2020 6:15 PM

I think Donny looks embalmed.

by Anonymousreply 80April 21, 2020 6:20 PM

[Quote] Has he had a lot of plastic surgery?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81April 21, 2020 6:39 PM

It's interesting about these pedos. They lose control, sense and decency when they are within grasping range of teen meat. I was chomo bait all through my teens into my early 30s, and I know the type. They risk - in Rick's case - repeated incarceration, public humiliation, etc., so they can suck and fuck a kid. I see them posting compulsively online, 50 and 60 year olds demanding 18-25 year olds, no older. And you know if a 15 year old answered their ad, they wouldn't say no.

by Anonymousreply 82April 21, 2020 6:50 PM

He looks alright in this pic from 2019. Did the gals from the Concordia Parish Library narrate OP's video?? She sounds like she's ready to put a bullet in her brain or make me put one in mine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83April 21, 2020 6:51 PM

For those unfamiliar with our beloved Concordia Parish Library gals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84April 21, 2020 7:00 PM

The problem with all pics now R83 is you don't know when they were actually taken, and you don't know how much photochopping they've undergone.

by Anonymousreply 85April 21, 2020 7:39 PM

Not all pics, dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86April 21, 2020 7:46 PM

Donny Osmond wears an obvious girdle to keep his belly held in. Plus a hairpiece and lots of Botox.

by Anonymousreply 87April 21, 2020 8:26 PM

I don't think he looks embalmed. Unattractive face shape, but that's nothing new.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88April 21, 2020 8:29 PM

Regarding Donny, he looks pretty good there, but it’s always the neck that gives things away. Why plastic surgeons haven’t figured out a method to correct saggy turkey neck is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 89April 21, 2020 8:42 PM

Probably because there's nowhere to hide the scar, R89.

by Anonymousreply 90April 21, 2020 9:38 PM

R83 R86 He's looking like a mob boss lately. Ick! I think he was my first celebrity crush when I was 7 or 8. Hard to look at him now. :-(

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91April 22, 2020 7:45 AM

R84 That is priceless! love it!

by Anonymousreply 92April 22, 2020 7:48 AM

R83 I think that photo was taken by KC's friend, David Vance, who is known for taking erotic photos of men. He also took the photos for KC's "space cadet" album. This photo was supposed to have been on the cover, but didn't make the cut:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93April 22, 2020 8:07 AM

Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 94April 22, 2020 12:28 PM

R91 That Friar Tuck hairdo really makes him look youthful!

by Anonymousreply 95April 22, 2020 12:30 PM

R93 it burns!!!

by Anonymousreply 96April 22, 2020 12:33 PM

R95 It reminds me of Corky St, Clair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97April 22, 2020 1:43 PM

KC lost his looks in a terrible car crash around 1981. He never looked "right" after that.

by Anonymousreply 98April 22, 2020 1:44 PM

Was there a documentary on the whole Miami scene in the 70s? It would be really interesting with KC, Betty Wright, Peter Brown etc. The Bee Gees recorded their 70s material in Miami.

by Anonymousreply 99April 22, 2020 3:37 PM

I know a guy who grew up in Miami and knew Harry's family. He said they all thought he was a dick because after he got rich and famous he still made his parents drive around in the same old beater station wagon.

by Anonymousreply 100April 22, 2020 3:42 PM

KC still looked pretty good in the mid 80s. I think if he lost weight and fixed his toupee he wouldn’t look that bad, I mean he’s closing in on 70, so no one should expect him to look like what he did in 1978.

by Anonymousreply 101April 22, 2020 5:45 PM

R99 There was a documentary called "The Record Man" about TK records' Henry Stone and all of the associated artists. I've only been able to find the trailer so far, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102April 22, 2020 10:05 PM

R100 Wow, really? I heard he bought his mom a house, though (his parents divorced when he was a kid).

Sounds like KC may have learned about money from Henry Stone, who I hear was a tight-fisted bastard.

by Anonymousreply 103April 22, 2020 10:16 PM

R98 R101 Yeah, he started to get chunky and lose his hair in the mid-80s, so I think that's when his looks started to go downhill. The car accident wasn't disfiguring, from what I've heard. He had a concussion and a pinched nerve which left him paralyzed temporarily. He's VERY lucky he didn't die or have worse injuries--- he was hit head-on.

by Anonymousreply 104April 22, 2020 10:19 PM

R100 That's interesting, because the first thing Rick Finch bought when he got his first big paycheck, was a Jaguar for his mother, who at the time did not even have a driver's license. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 105April 23, 2020 4:24 AM

This is from 2016 - I wonder if the guy in the check shirt was KC's boyfriend?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106April 23, 2020 6:21 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 107April 24, 2020 5:53 AM

R6 Oh, I'm sure KC keeps up with Rick's antics.

As far as their falling out...I wonder which one of them called the other one a f@g and accused him of leading him astray? lol.

by Anonymousreply 108April 24, 2020 6:01 AM

R108 Harry is terrified Rick is going to show up at one of his four houses one day, begging for money.

by Anonymousreply 109April 24, 2020 6:21 AM

Why the fuck didn't KC just come out already. His female fans would be disappointed? ROFLMAO!

by Anonymousreply 110April 24, 2020 2:55 PM

R110 You wouldn't believe how many women (mostly in their 60s) still have no idea he's gay and still drool over him, regardless of his current condition. All you have to do is check out the comments under the YouTube videos. I mean--- I get it. He was fucking HOT in his 20s, but NOW? No thank you.

by Anonymousreply 111April 24, 2020 8:09 PM

R111 Just look at the band's FB page and all of the fawning comments: "Oh KC, you were my first crush! You were always so handsome and STILL ARE!!!" blah, blah blah. These women are as delusional as he is.

by Anonymousreply 112April 24, 2020 11:21 PM

R110 Sucking cock is just Harry's hobby, honey. One day he's going to find a nice girl and settle down.

by Anonymousreply 113April 27, 2020 4:55 AM

R105 He bought his mother a Jag when she didn't even have a DL? Could you be more white trash, lol!

by Anonymousreply 114May 4, 2020 1:11 AM

An excerpt from Leif Garrett's memoir:

You couldn't miss him. He looked excited to see me, with a leering ear-to-ear grin. He was in his mid-twenties, kind of scrawny, with stringy hair and a face that looked vaguely Asian...and who could forget those sweat pants, which left nothing to the imagination? My first thought was, "Dude, next time you might want to think about underwear before wearing those things again." But, hey, this was Rick Finch who had some out to pick me up, so I didn't want to judge too quickly or too harshly. This guy, the co-founder, bassist and co-producer of KC and the Sunshine Band, had sold literally millions of records. And now, to his seeming delight, I was in his hands. [...] We soon arrived at his home, where, as it turned out, I stayed for two months. No hotel? Nope. This had been arranged perhaps on the one hand to save the Scottis money, but I'm guessing this also was something Rick had pushed to the Scotti brothers to agree to for his own more private, lascivious purposes. [...] Nothing was left to chance, it seemed, in this sterile environment -- except maybe what he imagined happening in the bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 115May 23, 2020 9:28 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 116May 24, 2020 2:49 AM

R115 Good lord!

by Anonymousreply 117May 24, 2020 3:08 AM

This thread is strangely engrossing. I didn't know I cared that much about K.C. and co

by Anonymousreply 118May 24, 2020 3:14 AM

R118; there are plenty of seemingly innocuous pop acts, past and present that have dark backstories.

by Anonymousreply 119May 24, 2020 2:26 PM

R115 Where was KC while all of this was going on?!!!

by Anonymousreply 120May 24, 2020 4:54 PM

Does anyone remember the story about KC allegedly punching a Chilean reporter for writing that KC was bi-sexual? KC says he didn't actually punch the guy, just knocked a drink out of his hand or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 121May 24, 2020 5:14 PM

He SLAPPED him.

by Anonymousreply 122May 24, 2020 5:17 PM

R122 He did? LOL! Yeah, I heard he knocked the guy's glasses off his face or something.

by Anonymousreply 123May 24, 2020 5:19 PM

This is not footage from the event, but you get the idea...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124May 24, 2020 5:21 PM

R124 ROFLMAO! That would have been something to see...especially if he was wearing a fabulous hat like that!

by Anonymousreply 125May 24, 2020 5:24 PM

Here are some Chilean commentators talking about the incident...but unfortunately, I don't speak Spanish (it starts about a minute in).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126May 24, 2020 5:29 PM

From an interview:

INT: Do you remember anything about the altercation you had with the journalist Lucho Fuenzalida the first time you went to the Vina del Mar Festival?

KC: I do remember something. What he wrote were pure lies. I've never been an aggressive guy nor do I like to go fighting ... but I really don't want to talk about it.

by Anonymousreply 127May 24, 2020 6:30 PM

R126 Is there someone who speaks Spanish here that can give a synopsis?

by Anonymousreply 128May 24, 2020 7:27 PM

On the plus side, somoene after 1978 was still talking about KC and the Sunshine Band.

by Anonymousreply 129May 24, 2020 7:44 PM

R129 Hey, I had a #1 hit in 1980 AND 1984!!!

by Anonymousreply 130May 24, 2020 8:22 PM

R130 was saying "my bad" and did some research. Give it up went to #18 in 1983, their last appearance on the chart. Ok, so on the plus side, someone actually discussed them after 1983.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131May 24, 2020 8:29 PM

R131 in the US, but that song went to #1 in the UK and other countries.

by Anonymousreply 132May 24, 2020 8:34 PM

R122 So...he was so afraid that this reporter's column would leave people with the idea that he's something other than heterosexual...and then SLAPS him in public?

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 133May 25, 2020 12:55 AM

R118 It's because the music is so happy...it's hard to believe there's something so dark behind it.

by Anonymousreply 134May 25, 2020 1:21 AM

Here's another excerpt from Leif Garrett's book-- KC apparently has a rather large jealous streak:

On my days off, I did my best to avoid Rick's subtle advances, which, at a certain point, seemed to fade once he got the message. He got a little bitchy over that, but he still worked hard in the studio. But it was still a weird scene down there. One night when I got back to the house, I walked through the kitchen, and for the first and only time there I saw KC, his face illuminated by the light coming from the refrigerator door. "Hey, man," I said, introducing myself, "I'm--" "I know who you are," he shot back tersely before slamming the door shut and walking out. Did he think something was happening with me and Rick?

by Anonymousreply 135June 19, 2020 5:15 AM

KC is a fucking prick. Jesus...Leif was 18 years old...if he thought something was going on with his lover he should have tried to HELP him! What an ASSHOLE!

by Anonymousreply 136June 19, 2020 5:26 AM

I remember watching them on TV as a pre-teen (American Bandstand, maybe, or Midnight Special?), and my sister, who was only 2 years older than me but MUCH more worldly, turned to me and said "I bet those two white guys give all the black guys in the band blow jobs".

I guess she wasn't too far off.

by Anonymousreply 137June 19, 2020 5:37 AM

R137 Whoa! She was spot-on! KC was doing his very best straight-guy act back then, and had most people fooled. There are still MANY people who don't know he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 138June 19, 2020 7:57 PM

I always thought that Leif Garrett was as QUEER as a THIRTEEN DOLLAR BILL.

by Anonymousreply 139June 19, 2020 8:39 PM

Lord, that wiglet

by Anonymousreply 140June 19, 2020 8:53 PM

R138: if he was doing a "straight guy act" while performing, how was he supposed to act?

by Anonymousreply 141June 20, 2020 12:31 PM

R141 Not just on stage--- in life in general. Still is, to an extent.

by Anonymousreply 142June 21, 2020 5:34 AM

R139 No, he's straight.

by Anonymousreply 143June 21, 2020 5:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!