Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Brett Kavanaugh: New Sexual Assault Allegation

A brand new sexual misconduct allegation has been leveled against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

In a shocking exposé and analysis released late Saturday by the New York Times, one of Kavanaugh’s male classmates at Yale relayed a story in which the eventual judge made apparently unwanted sexual contact with yet another female student during his time there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330December 11, 2019 3:14 PM

Per that report : We also uncovered a previously unreported story about Mr. Kavanaugh in his freshman year that echoes Ms. Ramirez’s allegation. A classmate, Max Stier, saw Mr. Kavanaugh with his pants down at a different drunken dorm party, where friends pushed his penis into the hand of a female student. Mr. Stier, who runs a nonprofit organization in Washington, notified senators and the F.B.I. about this account, but the F.B.I. did not investigate and Mr. Stier has declined to discuss it publicly. (We corroborated the story with two officials who have communicated with Mr. Stier.)

by Anonymousreply 1September 14, 2019 11:59 PM

Is Susan Collins concerned?

by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2019 12:00 AM

A little late.

The guy was cracking up on the stand. Another accusation might have done it, then.

by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2019 12:00 AM

Thanks again Joe Mancin for helping to give us this!

by Anonymousreply 4September 15, 2019 12:02 AM

I’m all for college guys with their pants down, but he’s just a creep.

by Anonymousreply 5September 15, 2019 12:02 AM

Thanks Joe Biden for giving us the other one.

by Anonymousreply 6September 15, 2019 12:02 AM

Great timing: This story might deserve a thread of it's own. Disgusting!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 15, 2019 12:04 AM

[quote]Is Susan Collins concerned?

R2. No, Susan is now disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 8September 15, 2019 12:13 AM

OP: Where the fuck was this person last year before the motherfucking sexual assaulter drunken crybaby Kavanaugh was confirmed?

by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2019 12:15 AM

Any man that needs to deny his conduct that vehemently you know is guilty, guilty, guilty.

[See Clarence Thomas, R. Kelly, etc.]

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2019 12:19 AM

Give it a rest.

by Anonymousreply 11September 15, 2019 12:20 AM

A year too late, but hey...

Yeah, it's a year too late.

by Anonymousreply 12September 15, 2019 12:22 AM

Times were different thirty years ago. Girls were passive and shy and dicks didn't suck themselves if you were a homely young man. I believe it's likely all true but I don't think it matters today. Next!

by Anonymousreply 13September 15, 2019 12:23 AM

The accuser brought this up in time for the confirmation hearing, telling the FBI and senators, but they didn't do anything with it.

by Anonymousreply 14September 15, 2019 12:37 AM

So when he was in college he acted like a typical college kid. Almost everyone could be the subject of similar allegations. It's long past.

by Anonymousreply 15September 15, 2019 12:43 AM

How did young Ronan miss this one?

And no, he wasn't acting like "a typical college kid," asshole at R15. The classmates, male and female, who talked to reporters last year about his sleaziness certainly didn't think so.

by Anonymousreply 16September 15, 2019 12:51 AM

Let's wait to see if it is credible.

by Anonymousreply 17September 15, 2019 1:10 AM

It could at least help win democratic senate races now (?)...

by Anonymousreply 18September 15, 2019 1:23 AM

Read the CALENDAR! It says right there that he was with PJ and Squee that night for brewskis. *sob*

Yes, he's a low-life and an assaulter of women. He's also a hard-core political operative of many years and that alone should have prevented Kav the Cad from ever being nominated, let alone confirmed.

by Anonymousreply 19September 15, 2019 1:32 AM

Kavanuagh could choose to voluntarily step down if enough pressure is put on him to do so. This is where the democrats need to fight when they regain control of the government. .

Enough of this bullshit. The guy blatantly lied on the stand. That should have been enough to disqualify him.

by Anonymousreply 20September 15, 2019 1:48 AM

You know nothing will dislodge him from the Court.

by Anonymousreply 21September 15, 2019 1:53 AM

Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 22September 15, 2019 1:55 AM

He's a gross freak and I wish this had come out BEFORE he was confirmed

by Anonymousreply 23September 15, 2019 1:56 AM

It doesn't matter that he'll never be dislodged from the Court. That is beyond our control.

Just as we never allow the unfit for the bench Clarence Thomas to forget that he is damaged goods and a disgraced scumbag, so it shall be with Brewski Kavanaugh. This scandal will follow him, tarnishing him, humiliating him and poisoning his life and career, forever and ever, amen.

If they want to keep throwing these unqualified creeps up there, we'll keep right on humiliating them for the rest of their natural (and unnatural) lives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 15, 2019 2:08 AM

Sniveling rapists are the worst kind. I loathe him.

by Anonymousreply 25September 15, 2019 2:10 AM

I bet he and Clarence Thomas will have a lot to talk about

by Anonymousreply 26September 15, 2019 2:25 AM

R25 It's not rape if there was no penetration. Stop being hysterical. You sound like the kind of person who, if an unattractive man so much as glances in your direction, you squeal about LITERAL RAPE!

by Anonymousreply 27September 15, 2019 2:29 AM

R24 Yeah humiliated careers that still do a tremendous amount of damage to all of us. They have the last laugh while trampling all over our civil liberties and rights. The only thing that matters now is forcing Kavanaugh and Roberts (since Thomas is a lost cause and on his way out anyway) to start ruling in our favor, even if it means pissing off their GOP benefactors. Continuing to shame him on his past misconduct helps put pressure, but so would not allowing him or any of the other judges to make outside income from their judicial duties (see story below) and forcing them to serve in their capacities year round instead of having yearly "sessions" as they do now. Have the IRS investigate their financial spending and keep punishing them for any slight infractions. Protest outside of the court house regularly and continue to publicly call into the question the legitimacy of the court (Roberts is particularly sensitive to this charge). Do this until they break and start ruling in our favor as FDR successfully did against an equally hostile court to his new deal reforms. This would do more to help neutralize the right wingers on the bench while not adversely affecting the composition of the court or going through impossible impeachment proceedings against Kavanaugh that are doomed to fail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 15, 2019 2:30 AM

Everyone needs to send that NYT article to Susan Collins!

by Anonymousreply 29September 15, 2019 2:32 AM

I hope RBG kicks him right in his dick.

Because that drunken creeper deserves it

by Anonymousreply 30September 15, 2019 3:17 AM

So he asked a girl out on a date in college, she turned him down, he dropped it and walked away. And this is somehow "sexual assault" now? No wonder straight guys are fucking sex robots instead and marriage rates have plummeted.

by Anonymousreply 31September 15, 2019 3:20 AM

R9, this person was willing to give formal testimony as a witness to Kavanaugh’s party animal antics, which included disrobing and shoving his dick into the faces and hands of his female classmates. However, even though he attempted to meet with officials, and was willing to be formally interviewed by the FBI, as did multiple witnesses who were willing to corroborate the veracity of these incidents , the FBI closed the investigation.

Read the article, you lazy fuck.

by Anonymousreply 32September 15, 2019 3:23 AM

Um... R31, this is about some guy who went to college with Brewski Kavanaugh who saw him and his friends drop Brewski's pants and shove his dick into some woman's unwilling hand.

Do try to keep up, we'll abuse you far less if you will do that one simple thing.

As things stand you're a rancid, pus-oozing cunt on a geriatric camel. Have a nice evening.

by Anonymousreply 33September 15, 2019 3:27 AM

Nobody believes that story, R33.

People will say anything for money.

by Anonymousreply 34September 15, 2019 3:27 AM

R34, are you kidding me? GTFOH. You know who believes this story? Everyone who grew up with carbon copies of privileged little fucks like Brett Kavanaugh and his buddies.

This shit was and remains rampant across America, throughout thousands of high school and college campuses. And I can personally attest, as can plenty of others, that this was not an exception, but rather the rule in learning institutions that were and are considered to be exceptional and accessed by students whose parents have the money to pay for their children to attend these elite and private schools.

Brett Kavanaugh’s classmates were his classmates because they were children of privilege, just like him. They aren’t sad sacks, desperately tossing couch cushions in search of loose change. You don’t graduate from Yale or an Ivy, & end up selling stories to the National Enquirer because you’re flat broke & have an eviction notice on your door. You graduate from an Ivy and you get a career at any law firm, or district of your choosing, and you eventually become a justice on the SCOTUS.

You’re a fucking idiot if you think that Brett Kavanaugh’s former classmates, or people who grew up with the same opportunities and privilege that these people did need to do anything for money.

And btw, so many of the privileged kids I grew up with turned out to be entitled jerks who fuck people over left & right, without any apprehension, self reflection, or remorse, while the kids who were poor grew up to be decent adults, because guess what? They weren’t entitled little assholes, sticking their dicks in the faces or hands of their classmates, nor were they attempting to rape them at pool parties.

Empathy, morals, as well as integrity & truth, aren’t as easily bought as men like Kavanaugh or you claim they are.

by Anonymousreply 35September 15, 2019 4:08 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 15, 2019 4:18 AM

There are quite a number of people who believe that story, probably because it's quite true.

Kavanaugh's a scumbag and we will humiliate him for the rest of his days because of it.

by Anonymousreply 37September 15, 2019 4:21 AM

It's almost as if the party led by someone who bragged about how he would "grab 'em by the pussy" is filled with sex offenders or something.

by Anonymousreply 39September 15, 2019 4:32 AM

[quote] Read the CALENDAR! It says right there that he was with PJ and Squee that night for brewskis. *sob*

I forgot about those calendars. Here's Kavanaugh's June 1982 calendar. He does mention going to "Rocky III" with Squi, PJ, and Dee (June 13, 1982).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40September 15, 2019 4:33 AM

Oh R39. Your side has more than enough sex offenders (and outright rapists) in it including your beloved Bill Clinton and JFK.

by Anonymousreply 41September 15, 2019 4:33 AM

The problem, R41, is you think everyone thinks like you. I, and many on my "side" would have no problem with the likes of Clinton being thrown in prison, especially if there was the kind of evidence there is with Trump. It's not the left trying to pretend this kind of behaviour is normal or acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 42September 15, 2019 4:37 AM

Hey R38/R41, suck my dick.

Also, you're living in some kind of time warp. President Clinton hasn't been in office since January 20, 2001.

You know it's September 2019 today, right?

by Anonymousreply 43September 15, 2019 4:38 AM

Blah blah blah blah. The left desperate attempt to discredit this man is laughable.

by Anonymousreply 44September 15, 2019 4:39 AM

бла бла бла я дебил выкладываю репу

by Anonymousreply 45September 15, 2019 4:43 AM

[quote] You know who believes this story? Everyone who grew up with carbon copies of privileged little fucks like Brett Kavanaugh and his buddies.

Yep. I'm the same age as BK and went to college with numerous frat boys of his ilk who'd get wasted and do similarly pervy, rapey shit to women. The difference between those guys and BK is that at least none of them have ever had the audacity to seek a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 46September 15, 2019 4:45 AM

this reminds me of a Family Guy episode

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 15, 2019 4:49 AM

BUT BUT BUT

HOW DARE YOU REPEATEDLY QUESTION AND ATTACK

A PURE WHITE HETEROSEXUAL CHRISTIAN CONSERVATIVE MALE!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 48September 15, 2019 8:46 AM

'I’m glad Brett was confirmed': Blasey Ford's father supported Kavanaugh confirmation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 15, 2019 8:55 AM

[quote]I hope RBG kicks him right in his dick.

I did! What I didn't know was that he was happy to see me, and I broke my knee.

by Anonymousreply 50September 15, 2019 9:05 AM

I'm going to perform a public service and block the vile, incoherent piece of slime mold at R38 and see which other posts get blocked.

If he turns out to be the wittiest voice in the "Let's Be Howards End" thread, so be it: I'm prepared to take even that risk.

by Anonymousreply 51September 15, 2019 9:09 AM

Tor the record, the posts that disappeared in addition to R38 are R11, R27, R31, R34, R36, R38, and R41. Good riddance!

by Anonymousreply 52September 15, 2019 9:13 AM

Sigh, let's face it - we're stuck with Kavanaugh for life; the best we can hope for is that (god willing) once a dem get's elected to president, that miserable old fuck Clarence Thomas dies

In the short-term, this means nothing where Kavanaugh is concerned, but all the candidates running against Miss Lindsay, Susan Collins, McConnell, etc. need to be working with the campaign teams right now to create ads about these Senators acted as cheerleaders for Kavanaugh while working to bury the truth. Most of their voters will have 0 fucks to give, but hopefully it will further erode repub support by women (college & non-college educated).

In the meantime, reporters need to find out who exactly paid off Kavanaugh's debts; I'll bet that will lead some place interesting...

by Anonymousreply 53September 15, 2019 9:16 AM

Kavanaughty is nasty. To the posters claiming everyone is working so hard to discredit him is comical, he did more than enough on his own to discredit himself. During those hearings, it was quite obvious he is NOT SC material, nor truthful.

by Anonymousreply 54September 15, 2019 9:30 AM

But this allegation is not new; I remember hearing about something like this back around the time of the hearings. Is it just the Times article that's brought it back into focus?

And of course it's true, duh. The woman's whole story is beyond plausible -- anyone who's been to college can confirm that.

And we all knew Kavanaugh was a pig already, and we also all know that that made (and makes) no difference to the Repugs in Congress. In fact, I suspect they consider his being a douche a feature, not a bug.

by Anonymousreply 55September 15, 2019 9:40 AM

Another ugly DC casket face asshole that nerds and geeks love in DC

by Anonymousreply 56September 15, 2019 9:49 AM

Guys, it’s time to end this witchhunt! Think of PJ and Squi! Haven’t they been through enough? Think of Brett’s calendars! Working out, lifting weights, drinking beers! Why are you

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57September 15, 2019 9:58 AM

She reported it to the FBI, R9! They just "never followed up" with her.

Yes, I'm sure the same agency that gave us James Comey's two anti-HRC stunts AND the agents who leaked information to the Trump campaign just accidentally never got around to interviewing her.

by Anonymousreply 58September 15, 2019 10:11 AM

[quote]I believe it's likely all true but I don't think it matters today.

I do. I think the bare minimum for a Supreme Court justice to be approved nowadays should be a guy who doesn't have a history of sexually assaulting women. Hell, I don't want a SCOTUS justice who has been racking up parking tickets or IRS penalties, either.

We shouldn't let the bar fall so low.

by Anonymousreply 59September 15, 2019 10:13 AM

Kavanaugh was purposely under-investigated, folks. And even with that the discovery was revolting and locked away. Trump was under-investigated and the discovery in the Report was overwhelmingly criminal, anyway. But, locked away. Blacked out. And life goes on.

by Anonymousreply 60September 15, 2019 10:16 AM

If Kavanaugh goes it must be after McConnell and Trump are no longer in a position to replace a Supreme Court justice.

by Anonymousreply 61September 15, 2019 10:16 AM

Kavanaugh was going to be appointed and approved one way or another. It was a given. And there’s no way in hell anyone will even consider removing him. At best, AOC might rant about this; the GOP will claim Kavanaugh has been proved an innocent victim of a witchhunt, and the Dems will say it’s time to move on. Republicans will subvert the Constitution and limitations of power to block any nominee, and Democrats will choose passivity and impotence at every turn. It’s all a given.

by Anonymousreply 62September 15, 2019 10:17 AM

I pray that when the Dems take over in 2020, that KavaNAUGHT will be investigated to the hilt. How and who paid off his debt? (Um, her der, maybe Russians via Deutsche Bank?). All of this will come out in post-Dump investigationis s that the Dem AG and DOJ will conduct no matter what.

All of this is merely a very short term win for Dumpass. These dirty doings will be easy as hell to unravel and revel in for the Dems for the next 12 years!! I see so many public hearings and simultaneous dismssal of Dump-era legislation that all heads will be spinning. I will relish the 10+ years in the near future that will expose and imprison most of Dump's administration.

by Anonymousreply 63September 15, 2019 10:34 AM

Kavanaugh screamed and cried and gave a melodramatic, histrionic TV performance of the sort Trump likes, allegedly per orders to do so. He acted like a petulant, spoiled brat while auditioning to serve on the Supreme Court. He was confirmed despite acting like a total psycho. He now has a lifetime appointment. You guys are really indulging in wishful thinking if you think anything at all will get him off the bench.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64September 15, 2019 11:08 AM

The Dems, with positions that people will perceive as extreme, and with that flawed field, are not "taking over" any time soon. If you want them in then concentrate post 2020 in moving them back to the center.

by Anonymousreply 65September 15, 2019 11:14 AM

Such bullshit. All those women proved to be fucking liars.

by Anonymousreply 66September 15, 2019 11:23 AM

The posters like R35 who say they believe the women because that's just what privileged boys do actually makes a case for Kavanaugh. You're just projecting from your own, different experiences. It's called unconscious bias.

by Anonymousreply 67September 15, 2019 11:28 AM

Um....a few criminal felonies might just change KavaNAUGHT's will to remain on the SC. A prison sentence (perjury) might be a little inconvenient to his attendance on it. Not to mention the $200,000+ that he will have to pay back, not to mention the millions he'll owe once civil suits ensue. You know, having the US President and US attorney general coving up for you can get one very far indeed. Too bad it's only for a little while.

by Anonymousreply 68September 15, 2019 11:32 AM

r66 Yes, so unrealistic. So tired of dl. Would love to stay away from social media, but it has quite a price.

by Anonymousreply 69September 15, 2019 11:34 AM

R65. Many voters have already decided that your average canine is a better choice than re-electing Dumper.

by Anonymousreply 70September 15, 2019 11:36 AM

I hope he doesn't fall off a balcony or something. After all when you are one of Putin's close associates you have to keep the master happy at all times.

by Anonymousreply 71September 15, 2019 11:38 AM

Even if Kavanaugh remains on the Court, he can drag the Trump Administration down. The Evangelical “Christians” need to own up to what they have supported. They will not change their positions, but their children and neighbors may. Plus, weakening Kavanaugh is fair play. Clarence Thomas remains bitter that he was exposed for who he is and that Long Dong Silver will be more prominent in his obituary than his judicial record.

by Anonymousreply 72September 15, 2019 11:57 AM

“The Evangelical “Christians” need to own up to what they have supported.“

Jesus fucking Christ. How in hell does anyone not realize that evangelicals are evil hypocrites, period? They’re an extremist cult, as extreme as Islamic terrorists, and yet because they call themselves Christians people are completely duped by what they do, assuming that they’re going to have some sort of revelation and repent. NO. Evangelical Christians are dark hearted and soulless. Saying “I’m Christian” should not be such easy cover for overt evil. They will not see the light. They will not see the errors of their ways. Donald Trump is an absolutely appropriate icon for them because he embodies all the deadly sins, and they aspire to them. Please, please stop falling for their “we’re good Christians” dupe. Fucking hell.

by Anonymousreply 73September 15, 2019 12:04 PM

Sexual assaulters tend to have a pattern of these acts, not a one-off incident. I'm sure there are numerous incidents by Kavanaugh, but few people willing to come forward and say what they witnessed publicly.

by Anonymousreply 74September 15, 2019 12:25 PM

“The Evangelical “Christians” need to own up to what they have supported.“

Evangelicals will not stop supporting Kavanaugh (or Dump) because he's their best hope for all the legislation they care about: banning abortion, banning same sex marriage, ending protections for LGBT, the list goes on... They know who they support - they just don't give a shit.

The *best* you can hope for is to peel away people on the fringe- voters who couldn't abide Hilary for whatever reason - but can't stomach the current administration. If Evangelicals were really that powerful, Jerry Falwell would be president.

by Anonymousreply 75September 15, 2019 1:41 PM

[quote]one of Kavanaugh’s male classmates at Yale relayed a story in which the eventual judge made apparently unwanted sexual contact with yet another female student during his time there.

Of course his accuser only realized the contact was unwanted three days ago.

by Anonymousreply 76September 15, 2019 1:44 PM

I'm happy to let him be a drunken college boy who acted irresponsibly. There are lots of those.

But it seems that as a sitting federal judge, he lied under oath about a lot of details. For that, he must resign. Nail him to the fucking wall and hit him again and again until he signs his resignation and disappears forever from the legal profession.

Let him go teach Civics at his fancy Jesuit high school.

by Anonymousreply 77September 15, 2019 1:59 PM

Trump tweeted this morning that "Brett Kavanaugh should start suing people for liable."

He's since deleted the tweet and reposted with the correct spelling.

by Anonymousreply 78September 15, 2019 2:33 PM

R43 Meanwhile the left is traveling back 40 years (before Clinton was president) to conjure up some "sexual assault" fantasies to jack off to. Just as they did with Romney, going all the way back to his high school years to lie about him supposedly cutting the hair off a gay kid (now dead whose sister denied her brother was gay much less got his hair hacked off at school).

by Anonymousreply 79September 15, 2019 2:45 PM

These allegations and more were known during the hearings and were not investigated by the Justice Dept. It was Anita Hill all over again. The man is pathetic and now with his fellow pig Clarence. Makes me sick.

by Anonymousreply 80September 15, 2019 2:48 PM

The DIShonerable Justice Rapist is a fucking scumbag who should be impeached and removed from the bench. The women went to the FBI and were ignored, rape defender at r80.

by Anonymousreply 81September 15, 2019 2:53 PM

I am sorry that I misread your post and reacted rashly r80.

by Anonymousreply 82September 15, 2019 2:54 PM

he's a nasty piece of shit. throw him in jail

by Anonymousreply 83September 15, 2019 2:55 PM

Heritage Foundation working overtime polluting this place with damn trolls.

R76, it was reported last year, read the story, right wing retard.

R69, you're not gay, you don't belong here, we don't want your Nazi ass here, it's spelled DL, go get the fuck out, troll.

R67, wants us to worry about the poor rich boy snots. Nobody believes you, cunt sucker.

R49 links to the Washington Excrement-examiner, a fake right wing newspaper. And even if true, it doesn't matter. It doesn't remove the veracity of her story or this one. Just shows that Mr. Ford is a shithead who hates his own daughter. Perfect Republican, in other words.

Any other Heritage Foundation dime-a-post trolls wanna step forward and get your bare ass whipped in front of everyone? I've got the time...

by Anonymousreply 84September 15, 2019 3:16 PM

Kamala Harris tweets:

I sat through those hearings. Brett Kavanaugh lied to the U.S. Senate and most importantly to the American people. He was put on the Court through a sham process and his place on the Court is an insult to the pursuit of truth and justice.

He must be impeached.

by Anonymousreply 85September 15, 2019 3:38 PM

I remember on New Year’s Eve in 1998, my sister had a party with some teenagers. We went down to the beach and there was drinking and some strip poker (or some stripping game, which my sister didn’t partake in). There were two girls who got topless. My sister had this friend, let’s call him Fat Ben. Anyway, we were sitting at a picnic bench, and Fat Ben took his penis out of his pants and lay it on the table next to me, several times. He was straight, but he did it just to mess with me.

I didn’t care for Fat Ben at the time, I thought he was sleazy, and I was really prudish, but I was NOT scarred or traumatized for life by that incident.

It is not uncommon for young men to do stupid, sleazy things when they’re young.

And if Fat Ben were running for office, I doubt I would even speak out about this incident from 1998.

by Anonymousreply 86September 15, 2019 3:40 PM

How much public outrage does it take in 2019 to get rid of an unqualified, lying public official like Kavanaugh? People complaining everywhere about him and President scumbag is defending him with several tweets and even wants the DoJ to intervene. Only way to change this if some companies or individuals with deep pockets spend lots of money in those red states and hopefully win back the Senate to save our democracy. Otherwise we are fucked and this shitshow and corruption wil go on for several more years.

by Anonymousreply 87September 15, 2019 3:43 PM

This just in: Trump says Justice Brett Kavanaugh should ‘start suing people’ after new report of sexual misconduct...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88September 15, 2019 3:46 PM

R87, if Kavanaugh is closer to a Kennedy than a Scalia, do we really want to remove him only to have him replaced by a more right leaning judge like Gorsuch? Kavanaugh agreed with Merick Garland on 93% of their cases, and since being on the bench, he’s also declined to hear a case to defund Planned Parenthood.

by Anonymousreply 89September 15, 2019 3:49 PM

What is your point, r86? Kavanaugh has been accused of worse than just displaying his penis in public. Plus, frankly, whether or not you'd bother speaking about the dick incident, would you actually ever regard Fat Ben as an appropriate candidate for Supreme Court Justice?

by Anonymousreply 90September 15, 2019 3:49 PM

R89, if Kavanaugh is removed at all, there is no way it will happen until a Dem is in the White House, so he wouldn't be replaced by a more right-leaning candidate.

by Anonymousreply 91September 15, 2019 3:52 PM

[quote]Trump says Justice Brett Kavanaugh should ‘start suing people’ after new report of sexual misconduct...

Look at our president sundowning at 9AM now. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 92September 15, 2019 3:52 PM

R86, if Fat Ben was running for a position in which he would be making decisions and shaping laws that would have an impact on important gay rights and women's issues, then I think you'd have a duty to come forward. I understand that people do stupid things when they're younger, but in Kavanugh's case, there was a pattern to his behavior that goes to the heart of who he is as an adult.

by Anonymousreply 93September 15, 2019 3:52 PM

Adore you, r84!

by Anonymousreply 94September 15, 2019 3:57 PM

[Quote] And if Fat Ben were running for office, I doubt I would even speak out about this incident from 1998.

What if that was just the beginning and 'Fat Ben' later showed his penis female classmates in college, female colleagues at work or friends of his young daughter - all because you did not stop him at this party and told him his behavior was inappropriate. He could have done worse later and assaulted and raped someone just because you did not have the balls to stop him or tell an adult about it and even gave him the impression what he did was no big deal. Would you still be ok with that? Even today you're still a coward who would not stop a predator.

by Anonymousreply 95September 15, 2019 3:58 PM

"It's not rape if there was no penetration. Stop being hysterical."

The hysterical ones are people like you who are attacking others and repeating right wing talking points about "literal rape" for no reason instead of putting the hate where it belongs - on Kavanaugh.

by Anonymousreply 96September 15, 2019 3:59 PM

"If Kavanaugh is removed at all, there is no way it will happen until a Dem is in the White House"

An ah'll block ever one of 'em!!

by Anonymousreply 97September 15, 2019 4:00 PM

R94:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98September 15, 2019 4:11 PM

"So he asked a girl out on a date in college, she turned him down, he dropped it and walked away. And this is somehow "sexual assault" now? No wonder straight guys are fucking sex robots instead and marriage rates have plummeted."

Sigh, it's like you didn't even read the article. The only straight men who are "fucking robots" are losers who weren't getting laid anyway. Marriage rates are plummeting because both women and men are finding it doesn't work for them. You're just a right-wing MRA troll who is looking for any excuse to bash women and prop up a Republican dirtbag.

r84, thanks for calling these people out

by Anonymousreply 99September 15, 2019 4:19 PM

Kavanuagh is a drunk, nasty, angry piece of trash. No wonder he’s all over the DL

by Anonymousreply 100September 15, 2019 4:25 PM

R84 and R94, do you really think "cunt-sucker" is an appropriate insult on DL? I am a lesbian who has been here since 2004, and I am certain that if I called any DLer a "cocksucker" and meant it as an insult, I would have been drawn and quartered years ago. Or should I bring up some of the less flattering slang phrases for homosexual men instead and see what happens to me then...?

R84, try using some of your creative juices (pun intended) to create better insults. We lesbians will love you for it.

by Anonymousreply 101September 15, 2019 4:29 PM

[quote] An ah'll block ever one of 'em!!

True, which is one of the many reasons we need to take back the Senate as well as winning the WH.

by Anonymousreply 102September 15, 2019 4:35 PM

R93, if Fat Ben were pro-choice and pro-same sex marriage, I really wouldn’t worry.

We really don’t know what Kavanaugh’s positions really are except that he’s Catholic and that Trump picked him. But we do know from his voting record on the DC circuit that he’s closer to centrist. So far, he has declined to hear a case trying to defund Planned Parenthood. He also voted against repealing portions of Obamacare.

by Anonymousreply 103September 15, 2019 6:00 PM

I would still like to know why Kennedy retired one day with no warning right after we learned his son worked on Trump's account at Deutsche Bank- the bank which specializes in laundering Russian mob money. And also, who paid of Brett's debts right before he was nominated?

Oh--and let's not forget resistance hero Rod Rosenstein is Brett's best buddy and worked hard to push this nomination through.

Brett's dick is about the third most disturbing aspect of this nomination.

by Anonymousreply 104September 15, 2019 6:31 PM

The House Judiciary Committee needs to investigate whether the FBI was instructed by the WH and DOJ to ignore leads and whitewash the investigation. (News flash: the investigation was totally bogus and intentionally designed to obfuscate the truth.) Then the House Judiciary Committee needs to investigate the underlying allegations, because clearly that has not been done. If, as a result, the investigations reveal that KavaNOPE clearly lied to the investigators and the Senate, he should be impeached and removed from office after tRump is gone.

I know Max Stier. He’s a bit of a jerk, but one thing he is not is a liar.

by Anonymousreply 105September 15, 2019 7:26 PM

R85 Kamala believed Jussie Smollett then giggled like an idiot when his hoax was exposed so she can shut the fuck right up. She obviously doesn't know guilty when she sees it.

by Anonymousreply 106September 15, 2019 7:42 PM

Trump always and eventually tattles on himself and his true intentions. He just said that the DOJ should protect Kavanaugh. Quite an admission, there President Dump. The whole Kavanaugh confirmation was fixed because, duh, he told the DOJ to protect him.

by Anonymousreply 107September 15, 2019 8:41 PM

"Its not rape if there is not penetration"?

Just think what sex must be like with someone who believes this.

by Anonymousreply 108September 15, 2019 8:43 PM

R106: Jussie Smollett is irrelevant to this case. If you're so butthurt about that circus that you attack Harris and not The Drunken Humper, then bitch, there's the door.

R101: I considered it appropriate in that not one of these trolls is gay. Not a one. Despite their pretending. And you will never see them again. They've already abandoned this thread, getting their dimes after their poop-and-scoot comments. I also have never heard cunt sucker used as slur in the way cock sucker has been. Usually it's carpetmuncher.

R107: He treats the DOJ like it's his own secret police. Stalin would be proud.

by Anonymousreply 109September 15, 2019 8:46 PM

I found this article to be quite interesting (and a bit surprising AFAIC). I would have thought that BK is the new SCOTUS' Nazi but it has not been quite that simple.

R106, please GTFO! You couldn't be more irrelevant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110September 15, 2019 8:48 PM

Why does Kavanaugh almost always have that bizarre, foul expression on his face? What the fuck? I've never seen anyone make that face before. It looks like a mix of horror, disgust, "i just smelled shit", rage, and I don't know what else. He looks like a very disturbed individual.

by Anonymousreply 111September 15, 2019 8:57 PM

Because he’s edgy. Without the booze. He gets very crabby without whiskey.

by Anonymousreply 112September 15, 2019 9:01 PM

It's tiny mouth syndrome r111.

Not enough there to make a smile. Just a grimace or a sneer.

by Anonymousreply 113September 15, 2019 9:02 PM

Wouldn't it be fun if instead he got that "I just smelled cookies" look?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114September 15, 2019 9:05 PM

Nothing will happen. He won't be impeached. He was put in place by the Republicans as a future investment. The Democrats are pathetic for allowing these things to happen. We might as well face it. We don't have a government that governs anymore. At this point we are lucky we still have the remnants of democracy. We are all to blame - the apathetic, the willfully ignorant, the arrogant, the dividers, the lazy, the trolls and the dupes that keep falling for their games.

by Anonymousreply 115September 15, 2019 9:06 PM

R115: We had a 3 seat deficit in the Senate. Murkowski voted no, but Manchin voted yes. Even if all 48 voted No, and Murkowski and O Susanna voted no, at a 50-50 tie, the Commandant of Indianapolis would pry Mother off of him to go to the Senate and break the tie to put the Humper on the Court. There was no way to stop this.

by Anonymousreply 116September 15, 2019 9:09 PM

Speak for yourself r115

by Anonymousreply 117September 15, 2019 9:12 PM

Once Our Lady of Perpetual Concerns became unconcerned about rape, confirmation was a lock. Manchin was irrelevant

by Anonymousreply 118September 15, 2019 9:23 PM

[quote]A little late. The guy was cracking up on the stand. Another accusation might have done it, then.

I agree. It's too late to do anything about it now, unfortunately.

We needed this information a year ago.

by Anonymousreply 119September 15, 2019 9:31 PM

R109 The left's latest "he raped me 40 years ago" fantasy has already collapsed less than 24 hours after he was started. The "victim" has already come out and said it never happened. Try to keep up. I'm not the one who's butthurt. That would be you.

Maybe your side can come up with some new material. You bitches have been working from the same script since Anita Hill.

by Anonymousreply 120September 15, 2019 9:34 PM

^ Zzzzzzzzzz.

by Anonymousreply 121September 15, 2019 9:38 PM

It should be pointed out that R120 is the same troll who started the Billy Porter on a stretcher thread.

by Anonymousreply 122September 15, 2019 9:39 PM

And you've started a few incest and scat threads, R122. You're not the only one who can put someone ignore and check out their posting history.

by Anonymousreply 123September 15, 2019 9:42 PM

R123 And people can put us both on Ignore and see which of us is lying. And then they'll F&F the liar. So we'll be getting some respite from you pretty soon.

by Anonymousreply 124September 15, 2019 9:45 PM

ZZZZZzzzz...

fucking pearl clutchers.

by Anonymousreply 125September 15, 2019 9:51 PM

Kav The Cad needs to be impeached.

As the U.S. Government has become further corrupted, there lies the need to address said corruption.

Trump needs to go and his minions cleaned out also.....if the U.S. can hope to redeem itself...

by Anonymousreply 126September 15, 2019 9:53 PM

[quote]ZZZZZzzzz...fucking pearl clutchers.

Zzzzzzz

Why even bother posting, R125?

by Anonymousreply 127September 15, 2019 9:55 PM

LOL R125. Most of these bitches can't even afford pearls so they're grinding their beads.

by Anonymousreply 128September 15, 2019 9:55 PM

I had r123 on ignore already, r124. I took it off Ignore, FF'd it, and Ignored it again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129September 15, 2019 10:00 PM

You really showed me, R129!

by Anonymousreply 130September 15, 2019 10:01 PM

Kavaanaugh is a lying pig but I agree he's probably a centrist in the one run on the SCOTUS.

by Anonymousreply 131September 15, 2019 10:27 PM

I have r125 blocked - is this another Trumpster troll?

by Anonymousreply 132September 15, 2019 11:37 PM

Yep, r132. They've been swarming recently.

by Anonymousreply 133September 15, 2019 11:43 PM

Everyone knows he lied under oath during his confirmation hearings. All the Republicans know it too. And nothing will be done. Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 134September 15, 2019 11:59 PM

R103, the entitled pigs who would shove their cocks in unwilling faces tend not to be pro-choice and pro-gay, sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 135September 16, 2019 12:03 AM

R134, that's entirely on Moscow Mitch. It's not a system failure, it's a Republican failure.

by Anonymousreply 136September 16, 2019 1:49 AM

Borowitz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137September 16, 2019 2:07 AM

There's a mechanism in place for impeaching Supreme Court judges. I believe they tried to impeach one in 1807 and failed.

An impeachment would required 2/3rds of a vote in the Senate to convict. Never gonna happen.

The modest proposal I heard that I like was IF the Dems take control of the Senate in 2020, inform the Supreme Court and Senate that Kavanaugh can resign, and if he doesn't we're adding 2 more justices, bringing the total to 11. (there's no law stating there has to be 9 Justices). Who could be put through on simple majority by current Senate rules.

by Anonymousreply 138September 16, 2019 2:09 AM

[quote]the entitled pigs who would shove their cocks in unwilling faces tend not to be pro-choice and pro-gay, sweetie.

You must be either not gay and/or have never been to a bathhouse.

by Anonymousreply 139September 16, 2019 2:15 AM

Doesn't one's presence in a bathhouse (as opposed to a college dorm in the company of fellow students of both sexes) presuppose a certain measure of receptivity to having a cock shoved in one's face?

by Anonymousreply 140September 16, 2019 2:17 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141September 16, 2019 2:30 AM

"[R109] The left's latest "he raped me 40 years ago" fantasy has already collapsed less than 24 hours after he was started. The "victim" has already come out and said it never happened. "

Got a link?, R120

by Anonymousreply 142September 16, 2019 2:30 AM

No, R140. Absolutely not. The rules of bodily autonomy are not suspended in a bath house.

In an orgy room with the lights out... yes. Unless someone tells you 'No.'

by Anonymousreply 143September 16, 2019 2:34 AM

Yes r120. Because Anita Hill has zero credibility. Plus her story has morphed countless times. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 144September 16, 2019 2:35 AM

The comparisons to a gay bathhouse are silly. We're not talking about a group of gay men in a consensual situation.

We're talking about straight guys shoving their cocks at women, which is a very different issue.

by Anonymousreply 145September 16, 2019 2:36 AM

[quote]Such bullshit. All those women proved to be fucking liars.

Total, absolute, 300%, gold-plated horseshit.

But you knew that already. Cock-sucking wingnut troll.

Everybody in the GOP knew what Rapey McBoofstein did. They just didn't care.

by Anonymousreply 146September 16, 2019 2:37 AM

Just like everybody in the GOP knows what that Orange Menace in the White House has done, and they just don't care.

Republicans have completely thrown away their morals and integrity just to get policy and judges that they want.

by Anonymousreply 147September 16, 2019 2:41 AM

Trump getting called out for his support of Kavanaugh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148September 16, 2019 2:50 AM

Interesting, R148.

Here's what Caroline Orr says at that link:

[quote]Anyone want to hear about the time Trump tried to coerce my stepmom into a hotel room and then threw a rage fit when she said no? Oops, I guess I just told you. He was married to Melania at the time.

by Anonymousreply 149September 16, 2019 2:58 AM

Has anyone actually looked at the excerpt from the book? The woman isn't the one making the allegation, a third party man is. The woman refuses to be interviewed, probably because she wants to remain a private individual. Friends of hers have been interviewed and said that she says the incident did not take place. This is nothing but unsubstantiated hearsay. If the alleged perpetrator and victim both say it didn't happen, then no one else has a right to say it did. I was once at a party, in college, with someone who is now a higher up in DC. If he was facing a conformation hearing I could say I saw him force a girl to give him a BJ. He didn't but I could claim it. He would deny it, the woman would deny it, but can anyone ever prove it wasn't true?

by Anonymousreply 150September 16, 2019 2:59 AM

Caroline Orr: (from R148):

[quote]That wanker actually yelled at her, “DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?” She laughed at him. It was at a beauty pageant in Baltimore.

by Anonymousreply 151September 16, 2019 3:00 AM

[quote] If the alleged perpetrator and victim both say it didn't happen, then no one else has a right to say it did.

Utter bullshit. The truth is the truth. If a man at a party saw this happen, he has every right to acknowledge what he saw with his own eyes. In fact, if he's under oath or talking to Congress or to law enforcement, he has an affirmative obligation to truthfully recount what he saw.

by Anonymousreply 152September 16, 2019 3:02 AM

Exactly, R152.

Sometimes a victim may not want to reveal what happened out of fear, but that doesn't mean that everyone else who may have seen it has to stay quiet.

by Anonymousreply 153September 16, 2019 3:04 AM

[QUOTE]Friends of hers have been interviewed and said that she says the incident did not take place

Could you provide a link for this?

by Anonymousreply 154September 16, 2019 3:08 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155September 16, 2019 3:08 AM

The truth is there’s always some “damaged goods” aspect of coming out as a sexual assault victim. Since nothing can take back the incident, and justice is so rarely achieved in the courts, it’s often easier to either just move on with one’s life or go into denial. Now magnify that x1000 with the crazy MAGA, Q-anon, death threats crowd.

by Anonymousreply 156September 16, 2019 3:09 AM

This is a dead woman walking if she decides to spill the beans.

by Anonymousreply 157September 16, 2019 3:10 AM

Linda Goldberg:

[quote]Back in the 90's my boss had a business lunch with Trump and several other executives. Trump openly bragged about having lots of sex with underage girls. In public, in front of people he just met. My boss was horrified.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158September 16, 2019 3:10 AM

[quote] Friends of hers have been interviewed and said that she says the incident did not take place.

No she says she doesn't remember the incident and doesn't want to talk about it; i.e., she was probably very drunk at the time and isn't sure what happened.

[quote]If the alleged perpetrator and victim both say it didn't happen, then no one else has a right to say it did.

Horseshit. Witnesses to the incident may never be able to prove that it happened, but they have the right to describe what they saw.

by Anonymousreply 159September 16, 2019 3:17 AM

R153 If she is saying it didn't happen, you can't say it did, you can't force a person to consider themselves a victim. Remember all the think pieces in the last few years about how it is wrong to be a white knight. It would be like if you see a white guy and a black guy having a conversation and you hear the white guy call the black guy a nigger, so you jump in and call the white guy a racist. Without knowing they are friends and the black guy actually told him to call him that. Or a guy and gal I knew in college, where he would walk up and squeeze her boobs, people might think it was sexual assault, but I know she had no problem with it and would pull his pants down all the time. It isn't my place as a bystander to get involved, unless I see someone in serious trouble. If a guy was drugging a woman, beating her up, or actually raping her, I would get involved. Something like this, I wouldn't. I also cannot trust the memory of a bystander, from a party 30+ years ago.

Also, to the ones bringing up RBG, have you missed her interview from earlier this summer? She seems to really like Kavanaugh and praised him for having all female law clerks.

by Anonymousreply 160September 16, 2019 3:20 AM

R146 In your honour, if I may... I'm going to now refer to him herein out as Rapey McBoofstein. You win the bloody thread, hands down!

by Anonymousreply 161September 16, 2019 3:24 AM

Imagine being so desperate to use the N word that you shoehorn a stupid scenario into your post just to do so.

by Anonymousreply 162September 16, 2019 3:25 AM

"A classmate, Max Stier, saw Mr. Kavanaugh with his pants down at a different drunken dorm party, where friends pushed his penis into the hand of a female student. Mr. Stier ... notified senators and the F.B.I. ... but the F.B.I. did not investigate."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163September 16, 2019 3:26 AM

There is a vast conspiracy of misdoings here to be uncovered, to be sure.

Kavanaugh needs to go. He's a belligerent, lying drunk as well as a sexual assaulter. But that's by design. The GOP is elevating the worst of the worst as a power move.

by Anonymousreply 164September 16, 2019 4:07 AM

[quote]Cock-sucking wingnut troll.

When did being a cocksucker become an insult on a gay message board?

by Anonymousreply 165September 16, 2019 4:12 AM

R165 Indeed. Cocksucker ought to be a badge of art & service! I've often made this quip: who doesn't love a BJ? FFS!

by Anonymousreply 166September 16, 2019 4:30 AM

[quote] [R153] If she is saying it didn't happen, you can't say it did, you can't force a person to consider themselves a victim.

If you saw it, of course you can say it happened. No, you can't force the woman to corroborate your story or to consider herself a victim, but you can obviously describe what you witnessed.

[quote] Remember all the think pieces in the last few years about how it is wrong to be a white knight.

Guess I must have missed those. No matter, since they're irrelevant anyway, This isn't about the guy trying to rescue the woman or defend her honor 30+ years after the fact; it's about him offering one more piece of evidence that Kavanaugh's not fit for the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 167September 16, 2019 4:38 AM

Not only that Kavanaugh is unfit, but that the FBI didn't bother to investigate.

by Anonymousreply 168September 16, 2019 4:43 AM

I'm R28 and I told ya'll that this would do what is really needed: sway the court in the our general direction. Even the Rumpster is shitting himself over it.

[Quote] Brett Kavanaugh should start suing people for libel, or the Justice Department should come to his rescue. The lies being told about him are unbelievable. False Accusations without recrimination. When does it stop? They are trying to influence his opinions. Can’t let that happen!

Key phrase: [Bold] They are trying to influence his opinions [/Bold]

As I said before.

[Quote] The only thing that matters now is forcing Kavanaugh and Roberts to start ruling in our favor, even if it means pissing off their GOP benefactors.

[Quote] Continuing to shame him on his past misconduct helps put pressure

Told ya'll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169September 16, 2019 4:43 AM

Gee, r169, if Trump said it, then it must be true and correct.

by Anonymousreply 170September 16, 2019 5:00 AM

R114 My EYEEEES!!!!

cicada bugs terrify me

by Anonymousreply 171September 16, 2019 7:32 AM

My objection to Kavanaugh is not the drunken sex attempts, which I have every reason to believe, as several were witnessed. I have problems with his temperament. There were ample stories in the news at the time of his confirmation from classmates in high school and college describing him as a belligerent, angry drunk, who did inappropriate things when he was drinking and who drank frequently and heavily. Other people claimed to have witnessed him drinking heavily as an adult. There are a lot of alcoholics in public office in Washington and in the US. However, for most, those past or present problems with alcohol were revealed AFTER they assumed their public offices, not before. It's sort of a given that people with such a public history of drunkenness are deemed unworthy of public office - especially lifetime public office. People railed at the time of the confirmation that leads as to Kavanaugh's past were being ignored or stonewalled. That miserable excuse of a person (Grassley), expressly announced that only Ford would be called to testify, which means that other avenues were never pursued or investigated properly.

by Anonymousreply 172September 16, 2019 7:44 AM

^Isn't there a health check up though? A chronic alcoholic in his 50s should have some related health issues.

I'm not trying to defend him in any way, but I was surprised all of these allegations date back to his high school and college days. He got married at 40 which is very late for a man with his background (ivy league education, conservative, religious). Isn't it surprising there are no more recent allegations if he was such a drunken predator in his youth and a bachelor till he was 40?

by Anonymousreply 173September 16, 2019 9:09 AM

His wife looks beaten down, she knows what kind of man she is married to. He looks old for his age, he has the skin of a heavy drinker

by Anonymousreply 174September 16, 2019 9:09 AM

He looks like he's been impotent since he was 29.

by Anonymousreply 175September 16, 2019 9:30 AM

[quote]We really don’t know what Kavanaugh’s positions really are except that he’s Catholic and that Trump picked him. But we do know from his voting record on the DC circuit that he’s closer to centrist. So far, he has declined to hear a case trying to defund Planned Parenthood. He also voted against repealing portions of Obamacare.

Bingo, the Dora Dumfucks here are more concerned with who the guy WAS as a teenager than what he will DO now as a SCJ.

by Anonymousreply 176September 16, 2019 10:24 AM

[quote]more concerned with who the guy WAS as a teenager

On the contrary, his rage and accusations on being confronted with his past behavior are of a piece with his constant lying under oath to the senate, both in the 2018 hearings and in the 2006 ones; his concealment of thousands pages of documentation of his time serving Bush Jr.; the whole weird situation of his gigantic debt and its sudden disappearance; his general hackery working for Ken Starr; etc. It's about the general corruption of the Republican party now and, among other things, its tolerance for misogyny and sexual assault, which you and your excuse-making are complicit with.

by Anonymousreply 177September 16, 2019 10:55 AM

[quote]his rage and accusations on being confronted with his past behavior

What past behavior? If you were falsely accused, as he claims, you'd be enraged too.

[quote]his constant lying under oath to the senate, both in the 2018 hearings and in the 2006 ones; his concealment of thousands pages of documentation of his time serving Bush Jr.; the whole weird situation of his gigantic debt and its sudden disappearance; his general hackery working for Ken Starr; etc.

What? If any of this were true he would not have been confirmed.

by Anonymousreply 178September 16, 2019 11:31 AM

I just love republicans who deride "leftist identity politics" as if the republicans didn't invent them.

by Anonymousreply 179September 16, 2019 11:53 AM

[quote] What? If any of this were true he would not have been confirmed.

Oh, you sweet country mouse.

by Anonymousreply 180September 16, 2019 12:06 PM

The article does not allege rape rather it is evidence of a pattern of behavior that is consistent with Fords testimony and others, ignored in the “investigation”. It’s pretty depressing. Two reactionary trolls on the Supreme Court rammed through by a political party that is now off the rails. We now have the equivalent morally of a Dred Scot Court and their recent majority opinions reflect the same.

by Anonymousreply 181September 16, 2019 12:11 PM

Perhaps he voted like a 'centrist' in the past knowing the Repugs would one day push him for the Supreme Court? Then after he gets in he votes like a Scalia.

by Anonymousreply 182September 16, 2019 2:42 PM

"What past behavior? If you were falsely accused, as he claims, you'd be enraged too."

He wasn't falsely accused. Try to keep up

by Anonymousreply 183September 16, 2019 3:55 PM

The "victim" is on record saying none of this happened.

Just like Romney's "victim" back in high school who supposedly had his hair cut off by Romney due to him being gay even though the (dead of course) guy's sister says her brother was not gay and never came home with his hair cut off.

If the left wants to be taken seriously they really need to stop making stupid shit up (and going back 40 years to do so).

by Anonymousreply 184September 16, 2019 4:00 PM

[quote] The "victim" is on record saying none of this happened.

Wrong. She has declined all interviews and is not on the record as saying anything. Her friends say she can't remember the incident and does not want to talk about it.

by Anonymousreply 185September 16, 2019 4:19 PM

Tribune News Service:

New reporting details how FBI limited investigation of Kavanaugh allegations

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186September 16, 2019 4:21 PM

Washington Post:

Trump says it is Justice Kavanaugh who is ‘being assaulted’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187September 16, 2019 4:22 PM

It looks like someone took an exacto knife and cut a little wedge out of his lower lip, right in the middle. A wedge of brie.

by Anonymousreply 188September 16, 2019 4:25 PM

Washington Post:

Democratic candidates demand Kavanaugh’s impeachment after new allegation in Times piece

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189September 16, 2019 4:25 PM

Not going to happen.

We've seen this movie multiple times. Time for a new script.

by Anonymousreply 190September 16, 2019 4:29 PM

If I were a Dem, I wouldn’t call for his impeachment. I would instead announce my intention to fuck the Repubs, HARD, at my first opportunity. Let the public know the gloves are off, and if there are no longer rules, then that applies to both sides. It has to be THEM asking for his impeachment (obviously will never ever happen). But let the public know you will fuck them at each and every opportunity — like they are to us right now.

by Anonymousreply 191September 16, 2019 4:33 PM

R191 Threatening people will only make them dig their heels in even further and make damn sure they vote for Trump again.

You're not too smart are you?

by Anonymousreply 192September 16, 2019 4:37 PM

As we chew on this latest development, please don't forget the role Don McGahn played. He was the guy who quarterbacked the nomination and was in touch with the DoJ to vet the nominee, etc. and he was strategizing with Grassley, Graham, and McConnell on how to get him through. They always felt Kavanaugh was the most problematic of the short list submitted to the WH for Trump to look at. They knew.

by Anonymousreply 193September 16, 2019 4:40 PM

I disagree r192. It’s not a threat — it really is about letting the public know that the Rule of Law no longer applies. We are in the Wild West and must conduct ourselves accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 194September 16, 2019 4:40 PM

r192 is a troll, r196. Block it and you'll see the right wing hogwash it spews.

by Anonymousreply 195September 16, 2019 4:47 PM

^for r194

by Anonymousreply 196September 16, 2019 4:48 PM

[quote]let the public know you will fuck them at each and every opportunity

You don't think that's a threat, R194?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197September 16, 2019 5:08 PM

How much Xanax do you think his wife takes to get through the day?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198September 16, 2019 5:39 PM

We need another SNL skit with Matt Damon playing Kavanaugh!

by Anonymousreply 199September 16, 2019 5:49 PM

Isn't he the one who hired an all female staff? What a fucking pig.

by Anonymousreply 200September 16, 2019 5:50 PM

R198 my partner and i were mulling over why would she marry and spawn with such an obvious douche bro?

by Anonymousreply 201September 16, 2019 5:52 PM

R200, yes, he hired only female law clerks, allegedly to show that he was “progressive.”

by Anonymousreply 202September 16, 2019 5:53 PM

His wife looked utterly beaten down by life during that confirmation hearing when he was crying and spitting and practically frothing at the mouth in anger.

I also remember Senator Whitehouse’s questions about the terminology he used in his calendars and Kavanaugh’s total lies about what they meant. Honestly, he must have lied 20-30 times in that one day.

by Anonymousreply 203September 16, 2019 6:49 PM

R203 Again, you'd be angry too if you'd been falsely accused of being a rapist in a country-wide media spectacle and were receiving death threats and being harassed by the media to the point your kids had to be taken out of school.

by Anonymousreply 204September 16, 2019 6:51 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205September 16, 2019 6:53 PM

R204, what are you even doing on this message board. We all know you’re not gay.

by Anonymousreply 206September 16, 2019 6:57 PM

He's a spoiled only child. Looks nothing like his mother so I wonder about his parentage.

Who saves calendars from High School? Freaks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207September 16, 2019 7:18 PM

Who forges calendars from high school? Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 208September 16, 2019 7:19 PM

His mother looks like an icy cunt.

He must be trying to reenact all these mommy issues with these (attempted and completed) rapes and cock-showing.

by Anonymousreply 209September 16, 2019 7:32 PM

[quote]He wasn't falsely accused. Try to keep up.

Oh, you were there, R183? Tell us exactly what you witnessed. Have you contacted the FBI?

by Anonymousreply 210September 16, 2019 7:41 PM

R210, you’re trying just a bit too hard on this thread.

It’s obvious even to Helen Keller that he did this stuff. I assume you think Christine Blasey Ford was lying about her attempted rape even though Beer Kavanaugh literally had it written down in his precious calendar all the people she said were there?

Spinning, spinning, spinning...

by Anonymousreply 211September 16, 2019 7:45 PM

How old are his kids? Must be fun for them at school right now. Also hope his wife is a suburban house wife and all her privileged friends shun her and won't let their kids visit because Daddy Kavanaugh is a creep.

by Anonymousreply 212September 16, 2019 7:51 PM

Washington Post:

House Judiciary chairman signals impeachment calls against Kavanaugh are premature

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213September 16, 2019 8:32 PM

Hm, I wonder what the republicans are up to while we are talking about this loser?

by Anonymousreply 214September 16, 2019 8:39 PM

democrats wouldn't know an impeachment if it bit them in the ass. no guts no glory. and i say this as a life long democratic voter.

by Anonymousreply 215September 16, 2019 8:42 PM

R214, nothing. They are doing absolutely nothing. Everyone knows this.

by Anonymousreply 216September 16, 2019 8:48 PM

Washington Post:

Democrats probably can’t impeach Brett Kavanaugh, but they can make him a political weapon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217September 16, 2019 9:46 PM

His head looks like a penis. Or a thumb.

by Anonymousreply 218September 16, 2019 10:08 PM

Halfway between thumb and big toe.

by Anonymousreply 219September 16, 2019 10:11 PM

[quote]His head looks like a penis.

So you think he's hot?

by Anonymousreply 220September 16, 2019 10:16 PM

USA Today:

Susan Collins under fire after new Brett Kavanaugh allegations

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221September 16, 2019 11:03 PM

He won't be impeached any time soon. That's okay.

Dragging him is still fun and it's smart politically to a point.

by Anonymousreply 222September 16, 2019 11:12 PM

Kavanaugh's parents look just like the privileged hard, alcoholic white "aristocrats" I expected. He was an entitled piece of shit in the womb.

by Anonymousreply 223September 16, 2019 11:23 PM

If Kavanaugh was really putting his dick on coeds in university.... that's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 224September 16, 2019 11:24 PM

R224, visiting us from Uneducated White Male Idiots central.

Sadly, he is too stupid to be visible to the naked eye anymore.

by Anonymousreply 225September 16, 2019 11:34 PM

He should resign.

by Anonymousreply 226September 16, 2019 11:37 PM

He will resign when he gets indicted for perjury.

by Anonymousreply 227September 17, 2019 12:24 AM

R225 The only white male idiot is apparently you

by Anonymousreply 228September 17, 2019 12:42 AM

[quote] He will resign when he gets indicted for perjury.

Yes R227. You picked up on that, too?

He's been foolish. It may take some time before the confusion and outrage settles, but as the press, Congress, and other (anti-K) folks start combing through his confirmation hearings, it will be there in black and white.

He lied. To the U.S. Senate and American public. People will go after him.

Perjury.

by Anonymousreply 229September 17, 2019 12:50 AM

Oh, and the reverberations (already in her voice), will impact Susan Collins.

by Anonymousreply 230September 17, 2019 12:52 AM

Why has it taken a year for the press to sift through and process his sleaziness? Are these new revelations being published in the spirit of an anniversary? I feel as if I were present at the birth of a depressing new yearly holiday.

by Anonymousreply 231September 17, 2019 12:58 AM

The problem his: he perjured himself. I know it wasn't a trial, but he lied- over and over.

Now is the time for other victims to come forward. Anyone he forced himself onto, any groping, any date rape incidents.

by Anonymousreply 232September 17, 2019 12:59 AM

Looks like the NYT left a few things out. They apologized today. Looks like the victim can’t remember it. Nor can her friends. So when does this bs stop? A whole book and NYT article and people calling for Kavanaugh’s resignation all based on a victim who really isn’t? How are you a victim if you don’t know if it ever happened? The ones who claim it did are all Clinton supporters?

by Anonymousreply 233September 17, 2019 1:02 AM

One thing is certain. Roberts won't like this at all. He's a stickler for judicial decorum. This kind of bad publicity diminishes the judiciary. He has been watching Kavanaugh ever since he was nominated. Rumor has it Kavanaugh was investigated, an action initiated by Roberts in response to complaints about him in his role on the bench in the lower courts. So while Kav may never see impeachment, he may reach a point where he decides to resign. We need to keep up the pressure and make sure there's a spotlight on him. Let's be relentless.

by Anonymousreply 234September 17, 2019 1:10 AM

The Hill:

New storm rises over Kavanaugh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235September 17, 2019 1:19 AM

Staggering how most rapes go unprosecuted. What's the point of reporting it if your rape kit ends-up in a dilapidated warehouse, or they treat YOU like the criminal?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236September 17, 2019 1:19 AM

Rachel is playing clips from Kavanaugh's hearing. I'd forgotten what a hysterical, screaming weakling this guy is.

by Anonymousreply 237September 17, 2019 1:22 AM

R237 Me too.

He was and is such a fraud.

by Anonymousreply 238September 17, 2019 1:24 AM

[quote] How are you a victim if you don’t know if it ever happened?

Is that the legal standard for sexual assault? Hint: it’s not. The offense occurred whether or not the victim was sober enough to recall it. Otherwise, you could drug or intoxicate a person into unconsciousness, assault them, and then claim as a defense that they didn’t know they were being assaulted. And, that’s not the way it works.

Here, there is a credible witness who recalled seeing the assault as it occurred. That should be sufficient for the a House Judiciary Committee to investigate the allegation.

by Anonymousreply 239September 17, 2019 1:25 AM

Kavanaugh looks like a poorly aged Pennywise without the makeup.

by Anonymousreply 240September 17, 2019 1:28 AM

R233, if you rob someone who is drunk, it's still a crime; if you defraud someone who is elderly and mentally incapacitated, it's still a crime.

by Anonymousreply 241September 17, 2019 1:35 AM

Two words. Angry. Drunk.

by Anonymousreply 242September 17, 2019 1:36 AM

Whether the woman has a clear memory or not, she was able to give the FBI the names of 25 corroborating witnesses, who were either at the party or heard accounts of Kavanaugh's behavior immediately after the party. They were all willing to be interviewed by the FBI, but the WH ordered the investigation stopped. A number of them tried to contact the FBI directly and were ignored.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243September 17, 2019 1:40 AM

[quote]So while Kav may never see impeachment, he may reach a point where he decides to resign

He won't resign outside of people's fever dreams.

by Anonymousreply 244September 17, 2019 1:48 AM

R233

That correction to the story was pretty damning.

Is it any wonder people have latched onto the label “Fake News”?

by Anonymousreply 245September 17, 2019 1:53 AM

[quote]Looks like the NYT left a few things out. They apologized today. Looks like the victim can’t remember it. Nor can her friends.

Oops!

by Anonymousreply 246September 17, 2019 1:55 AM

R233 did not link to the NY Times piece, because he's lying about what it said. There are corroborating witnesses, as R243 explains.

by Anonymousreply 247September 17, 2019 2:23 AM

[quote]Looks like the NYT left a few things out. They apologized today. Looks like the victim can’t remember it. Nor can her friends. So when does this bs stop? A whole book and NYT article and people calling for Kavanaugh’s resignation all based on a victim who really isn’t? How are you a victim if you don’t know if it ever happened? The ones who claim it did are all Clinton supporters?

But that's the left's playbook R234. Make shit up, let it go viral and the public is too busy screaming for for blood to notice the New York Times quietly admitting they made it up. Just like making something front page news and then, the next day, adding a retraction in the smallest print possible hidden away on page 43. Damage done. That was the plan all along. And they wonder why people talk about "fake news".

by Anonymousreply 248September 17, 2019 2:32 AM

This won't change a thing.

The 🚼 #JudicialCrybaby will NEVER step down.

by Anonymousreply 249September 17, 2019 2:36 AM

No one's taking this shit seriously anywhere but DL--an obscure little website only a few hundred people even know about.

by Anonymousreply 250September 17, 2019 2:41 AM

I think some of these last posts are confusing two different accusations. R243 regards Deborah Ramirez, whose story was written up by Ronan Farrow a year ago after the Blasey Ford story came out. Deborah had a perfectly clear memory of the event.

The case that posters (the same one poster?) keep claiming has been disproven, because the woman can't remember, is a new one that Max Stier reported to the FBI during the subsequent investigation, and was buried by the FBI. As some posters above have indicated, the fact that the victim says she "can't remember" is immaterial (cf. R32, R15, R167, R239).

And the fact that we're able to link to articles throughout nullifies R250's pathetic claim. My facebook feed is also full of links to current reports on this issue (more accurate than the obfuscations of some posters here, but I went to Yale with this creep and his molestees, so my fb friends probably have more of an interest in accuracy about this matter than our resident Trumpheads).

by Anonymousreply 251September 17, 2019 2:58 AM

Sorry, the second of my citations should have been R159, not R15.

by Anonymousreply 252September 17, 2019 3:00 AM

God bless the Yalie who cares about correct citation.

by Anonymousreply 253September 17, 2019 3:02 AM

R250 is a complete moron. This story is all over the news and social media. And the number of people who lurk/post here is well into the thousands. Are you Kavanaugh's friend or something? Why are you telling such blatant lies?

by Anonymousreply 254September 17, 2019 3:04 AM

R248, none of you rightwingnuts propping up Mr 12,000 lies has any business talking to anybody like that.

You can't tell the truth about the weather in a hurricane, a FUCKING HURRICANE. No one believes anything the Little Hands Dictator says. He lies all day, every day.

Kav's a bum. I hope Roberts is making his life unpleasant.

by Anonymousreply 255September 17, 2019 3:07 AM

Hope this 'claimant' has more credibility than that nut case last time 'round.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256September 17, 2019 3:07 AM

[quote]Rachel is playing clips from Kavanaugh's hearing. I'd forgotten what a hysterical, screaming weakling this guy is.

I love the clip where Dick Durbin is needling his candy ass about whether he's willing to allow an FBI investigation—you know, to clear his name—and he's suddenly indecisive after all of his displays of righteous indignation and outraged virtue.

by Anonymousreply 257September 17, 2019 3:14 AM

What’s the matter r248? We learned it from YOU — the right. A media smear you say? Like Bill Clinton? Like Hillary? Al Franken? James Comey? Andy McCabe? Obama? You mean like those smears? Like Pocahontas? Sleep Joe? Fuckin’ A right it’s a god damn smear, one that’s well-earned by HIM.

Your little pea-brain can’t seem to comprehend that we have a fucking PROBLEM with how this guy comports himself AND that he committed perjury countless times on top of it. I maybe could have lived with one or the other, not both. A rapey judge who is a drunk liar too?? Fuck NO.

R250, I happen to know this sites traffic, so cite a source or fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 258September 17, 2019 3:15 AM

*sleepy

by Anonymousreply 259September 17, 2019 3:17 AM

R255 This is about Kavanaugh. Not Trump. Try to stay on topic, dear.

You only hate Kavanaugh because Trump chose him. Just like you'd hate whoever he chose for the job. He could have chosen Obama and you'd still be losing your shit.

by Anonymousreply 260September 17, 2019 3:21 AM

Christine Blasey Ford’s own father apparently doesn’t believe her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261September 17, 2019 3:22 AM

Apparently, Christine Blasey’s friends really put Leland Keyser through hell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262September 17, 2019 3:24 AM

When you read about Ford’s interactions with Keyser last year, it really sounds like Ford is conniving something.

So she suggested to Leland that Leland was the one who drove her home from the party? But at the hearing, she testified she doesn’t remember how she got home?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263September 17, 2019 3:43 AM

How and why are we re-litigating Ford's story, last 4 posters? In any he said/she said situation, without corroboration there will always be people who believe one or the other. This thread is about a DIFFERENT allegation. Moreover, there were 25 people who were willing to testify that they personally witnessed Kavanaugh extremely drunk and belligerent and doing inappropriate things when he was drunk numerous times in his college career. They signed letters, they signed petitions with their own names. They were never called by the FBI, never allowed to testify before congress. The big question before us at this moment, is WHY NOT?

by Anonymousreply 264September 17, 2019 4:13 AM

Who cares if he did do any of that back in college, R264? Are you pure as the driven snow as you expect Kavanaugh to be? I doubt it. Now wipe your mouth and move on to the next glory hole, whore.

by Anonymousreply 265September 17, 2019 4:41 AM

Two things:

The first involves potential perjury. DL lawyers, would love to have your input; but I understand this can be tricky to prosecute. However, K's senate hearings might just be the ticket for perjury. No?

Secondly, what's the story with Kav's debts? To my knowledge, no deep-dive-explanation exists for his financials. Shady? Blackmail potential? And the whole Kennedy sudden retirement with his son at DoucheBank? What's up with all this? Could we put The New Yorker onto a thorough investigative series?

Think these two subjects would MORE likely lead to Kav leaving the bench than the outrage back-and forth of sexual misconduct (I, as a woman, am very sorry to say....)

by Anonymousreply 266September 17, 2019 4:42 AM

[quote]Who cares if he did do any of that back in college, [R264]?

I wouldn't particularly care if he hadn't received a lifetime appoint to the SCOTUS. As a Supreme Court Justice, he should be held to a higher standard of behavior than your average Joe Schmoe.

He's not going to be impeached/resign any time soon and that's fine. Democrats have more important places to focus their attention right now. But it's good it been brought to light how the FBI failed to do its job and investigate the Ramirez accusation thoroughly and how they also completely ignored Max Stier's accusation (which is a valid subject of inquiry regardless of whether the alleged victim was sober enough to recall what happened).

by Anonymousreply 267September 17, 2019 4:53 AM

Does anybody doubt this actually happened? This is not one of those cases that’s hard to believe. He’s totally guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

by Anonymousreply 268September 17, 2019 5:00 AM

Everybody knows it happened R268. But most people do not care. The straight men who are in charge of everything most definitely do not care.

by Anonymousreply 269September 17, 2019 5:05 AM

Everybody knows it happened R268. But most people do not care. The straight men who are in charge of everything most definitely do not care.

by Anonymousreply 270September 17, 2019 5:05 AM

[quote]But it's good it been brought to light how the FBI failed to do its job

The FBI did its job. The fantasy has always been that FBI was supposed to do anything else. As has been pointed out many times, it's the jurisdiction of the local police, not the FBI, to investigate an allegation of sexual assault. No one has gone to the local police last year or now because they know there's no case.

by Anonymousreply 271September 17, 2019 5:33 AM

Except for murder, he could be guilty of any crime and people will just shrug it off. Kavanaugh is is in the Supreme Court for life.

by Anonymousreply 272September 17, 2019 6:43 AM

[quote] The FBI did its job. The fantasy has always been that FBI was supposed to do anything else. As has been pointed out many times, it's the jurisdiction of the local police, not the FBI, to investigate an allegation of sexual assault. No one has gone to the local police last year or now because they know there's no case.

You have to be fucking kidding me with this. “It wasn’t the FBI’s job to investigate a sexual assault.” Yeah, for prosecution as a sexual assault. But, that was not what the FBI was charged with doing. They undertook a background investigation of a judicial candidate for appointment to the Supreme Court. The allegation was very much in dispute, and what they should have done was a complete and thorough investigation of all credible leads — not limited by the WH to four people.

I oversaw background investigations for political appointees over a combined total of 10 years (Clinton and Obama administrations). Had I ever suggested limiting an investigation or a supplemental investigation in the way it was done here, the FBI would have raised holy hell — and rightly so. They were supposed to run the investigation according to standard procedures.

by Anonymousreply 273September 17, 2019 7:22 AM

Jesus, is there anybody that this guy didn’t try to feel up without consent?

How are we supposed to live with this republicans nightmare for 5 more years, let alone a lifetime of residual effects.

by Anonymousreply 274September 17, 2019 7:56 AM

[quote]Jesus, is there anybody that this guy didn’t try to feel up without consent?

Oh FFS. None of you fat whores would care one bit about these so called "victims" if a fugly old Dem was the perpetrator. In fact, you'd be screeching about how your boy is being unfairly persecuted. Waaaaaah!

by Anonymousreply 275September 17, 2019 8:25 AM

^Oh, I forgot to sign my post

by Anonymousreply 276September 17, 2019 8:26 AM

Dear fellow DLers,

No one is fooled by your sudden pearl clutching prude act. You have all made it very clear how much you despise women. I've been here for over ten years and in that time I've been exposed to more shockingly vile misogyny on DL than anywhere else on the internet....or in RL. You look like idiots when you {{gasp}} and run for your smelling salts at the idea of an immature college kid acting like a typical immature college kid.

by Anonymousreply 277September 17, 2019 8:44 AM

The level of desperation exhibited by the reich-wing Kavanope defenders is absurd. Obfuscate. Distract. Dissemble. Throw any nonsense up against the wall and hope that it sticks.

It won’t.

by Anonymousreply 278September 17, 2019 10:15 AM

You sound like a rapist, R277.

So you can fuck right out of here with your “vile misogyny” rant, you hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 279September 17, 2019 11:11 AM

R279 Don't reply to any of these posts. Looks like the Russian bots have found our little gay haven.

by Anonymousreply 280September 17, 2019 11:20 AM

R277 Eat a bag of dicks, Karen.

by Anonymousreply 281September 17, 2019 11:32 AM

[quote]I wouldn't particularly care if he hadn't received a lifetime appoint to the SCOTUS.

I doubt you'd want to know what the current other members of SCOTUS got up to in the past. To think they all lived like nuns is absurd. Yes even RBG. Her PR people might be trying to establishing her for sainthood but she's anything but.

by Anonymousreply 282September 17, 2019 12:23 PM

R277 Yep. The same misogynists here on DL who are REALLY REALLY upset about what Kavanaugh may or may not have done 40 years will turn around and dismiss anything Bill Clinton did to women because "it was 30 years ago, get over it" which reveals that it's not the actions they're "worried" about but which side of the political aisle did it which in turn proves that this is nothing more than faux and selective outrage.

by Anonymousreply 283September 17, 2019 12:25 PM

R237, I was glad that she played all those clips. People need to be reminded of how unstable, unbelievable and belligerent he was and how the Republicans confirmed him anyway.

by Anonymousreply 284September 17, 2019 1:14 PM

[quote] Now wipe your mouth and move on to the next glory hole, whore.

Clang! We have a winner! Data Lounge GOLD!!!

by Anonymousreply 285September 17, 2019 1:17 PM

Washington Post:

Kavanaugh allegations agitate White House, Capitol. Supreme Court is quiet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286September 17, 2019 2:14 PM

r256, the only "nut" is you.

And I love how r277 is calling others misogynists while defending a misogynist right-winger.

by Anonymousreply 287September 17, 2019 3:12 PM

And they've "been here for over ten years".....

by Anonymousreply 288September 17, 2019 3:16 PM

R286, I doubt very much the "Supreme Court is quiet" no matter what the Post says. Roberts is probably seething. He's "up to here" with Kavanaugh's bullshit from day one.

by Anonymousreply 289September 17, 2019 3:54 PM

^ Hmm, wasn't Kavanaugh one of Bush Jr. advisers in the early 00s and helped with Roberts nomination and confirmation?

by Anonymousreply 290September 17, 2019 4:24 PM

Had not thought of that R290. It's definitely worth looking in to. I do recall he was part of the Bush (43) administration. Not sure if he vetted Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 291September 17, 2019 5:10 PM

R264

Why you ask ? Because after all of the bullshit the first go round, these 'allegations' have lost steam.

by Anonymousreply 292September 17, 2019 5:45 PM

The New York Times admitted two days ago that they made it up and apologized but still the TDS sufferers on DL are running with the story as if it was true. That's how ignorant they are.

by Anonymousreply 293September 17, 2019 5:47 PM

r293 uh uh

by Anonymousreply 294September 17, 2019 5:51 PM

Look it up, fuckface at R294. Or are yous cared to go anywhere online other than your second home DL?

by Anonymousreply 295September 17, 2019 5:52 PM

like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296September 17, 2019 5:59 PM

R295, what made you even wander onto Datalounge? We all know you aren’t gay. Is Free Republic down this week?

by Anonymousreply 297September 17, 2019 6:07 PM

R297 can't compute that not all gay people think alike. Just like he assumes all blacks think along as well.

by Anonymousreply 298September 17, 2019 6:20 PM

Projection, R298. We now know you’re also racist. You gave it away with “all blacks.”

by Anonymousreply 299September 17, 2019 6:24 PM

R299 Are you joking? I honestly can't tell anymore

by Anonymousreply 300September 17, 2019 6:25 PM

Clutch those pearls!

When someone comes forward with a believable story, I’ll listen.

Ramirez denies it, something the authors note in their book, but that the Times is being rightly excoriated for omitting in their original article.

This kind of shit is why we will be stuck with the orange nightmare for another 5 fucking years.

by Anonymousreply 301September 17, 2019 6:26 PM

I am sure that most all of the stories about him are true. I wish some of these Republican scumbags would just die.

by Anonymousreply 302September 17, 2019 6:31 PM

I wish the Kavanaugh trolls would vacate this thread.

He will never fuck you, trollinas.

by Anonymousreply 303September 17, 2019 6:32 PM

One of them is over in the Jeffrey Dean Morgan thread pretending that Ben Affleck isn't a perv groper.

by Anonymousreply 304September 17, 2019 6:34 PM

The NYT needs to make sure every 'i' is dotted and every 't' is crossed when they publish stuff like this. They actually did fuck up here and it's inexcusable because it makes things so much worse for our side, and has the other side running around cheering and saying they have been proven right. If the NYT simply did it's job, this would have been a win for us. Frustrating.

by Anonymousreply 305September 17, 2019 6:44 PM

[quote]Ramirez denies it, something the authors note in their book, but that the Times is being rightly excoriated for omitting in their original article.

Odd that a self-proclaimed "hardcore liberal" would repeat right-wing talking points. Ramirez certainly does not deny the original accusation she made against Kavanaugh.

by Anonymousreply 306September 17, 2019 6:47 PM

The dude is guilty. There is no question about it. No shadow of doubt.

by Anonymousreply 307September 17, 2019 6:50 PM

[quote]Ramirez denies it

The troll is now resorting to total fabrications. I can see where this one is coming from if we assume a tiny brain that confuses (cf. R251) Debbie Ramirez, who has not retracted her accusation, with the woman Max Stier is talking about, who doesn't deny the accusation either, but says merely that she can't remember.

by Anonymousreply 308September 17, 2019 7:07 PM

Haters gonnna hate. I'm in the Supreme Court. You're not.

by Anonymousreply 309September 17, 2019 7:08 PM

The troll also has a hard-on for Spicer, r308.

by Anonymousreply 310September 17, 2019 8:30 PM

"I'd forgotten what a hysterical, screaming weakling this guy is."

I believe that he and Miss Lindsey consulted an acting coach for the proceedings. They both emoted wildly, holding back tears of unjust persecution. It was embarrassing, but it played right into the hands of the Deplorables, who always see themselves as victims.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311September 17, 2019 8:45 PM

Yes, the Mugoslavski method.

by Anonymousreply 312September 17, 2019 8:52 PM

Miss Lindz looked like a constipated pig during that performance.

by Anonymousreply 313September 17, 2019 9:09 PM

You know who worked 24/7 to make Kavanaugh's nomination happen?

George Conway.

That troll persona he does on Twitter is an act. He's as much on the fascist bandwagon as KellyAnne.

by Anonymousreply 314September 17, 2019 11:24 PM

The Hill:

Pressley on Kavanaugh impeachment: 'Deeply disturbing' that a justice 'could have this many allegations'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315September 17, 2019 11:28 PM

R314, please cite a source on that — I’m not doubting you, but that’s a new one for me.

by Anonymousreply 316September 18, 2019 1:20 AM

Analysis from a year ago of Kavanaugh's mysterious finances and his lies about them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317September 18, 2019 2:17 AM

VERY Interesting, r317. Do you have any reputable sources for the debt claim? (Medium is interesting but not authoritative). I think this is an interesting angle but can't find anything in general media

by Anonymousreply 318September 18, 2019 5:44 AM

Bitch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319September 18, 2019 6:54 AM

R247. The meaning of “corroborating witness” means theres something to corroborate. if the victim can’t remember it happening and all the witnesses just got together I’m not sure that does the trick.

by Anonymousreply 320September 18, 2019 7:02 AM

She doesn’t deny the allegations, she just doesn’t remember it? You aren’t helping your case, you moron.

by Anonymousreply 321September 18, 2019 7:07 AM

She doesn’t deny the allegations, she just doesn’t remember it? You aren’t helping your case, you moron.

by Anonymousreply 322September 18, 2019 7:07 AM

If an accuser doesn't remember assault r321 it's nothing from nowhere, going nowhere. Habeas Corpus.

That's why the one true witness we had, Leland Vittard, denying now is such a horror.

by Anonymousreply 323September 18, 2019 7:11 AM

When we (the Dems) get this right in 2020, this Kavanaugh deceit will be investigated to the hilt! As will Bill Barr's murder and subsequent cover-up of all things Epstein. I'm not even going into Dimper's treachery yet! We will get them! Have faith! We will have another round of something similar to Nuremberg.

I also believe America will once again lead the world in the very near future. I'm going to hold my glass up high watching these dirty pigs scrambling for cover and worming their way out to pitiful sanctuary states. Perhaps remaining in permanent hiding in Paraguay just like Hitlers' Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 324September 18, 2019 7:36 AM

Only in the fevered dreams of the insane do dozens of people magically get together to lie about something, R320. But they're all in on, right? They are probably all being paid to do this? This is pure fantasy-level stuff.

by Anonymousreply 325September 18, 2019 10:35 AM

[quote] and all the witnesses just got together I’m not sure that does the trick.

What does that even mean? They didn’t “just get together.” They individually recalled an incident that occurred. Quite critically, their recollection is not at all dependent on whether the victim was sober enough to recall it.

by Anonymousreply 326September 18, 2019 11:23 AM

R318, the records of Kavanaugh's credit card debt are in his handwriting in the Medium essay I linked to. That he had suddenly paid off most of that debt in 2017 isn't documented in the article, but was been widely reported last year (e.g. in this article).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327September 18, 2019 11:36 AM

The document @ r317 is in my handwriting...

by Anonymousreply 328September 18, 2019 12:50 PM

Is anyone really surprised that a good looking teen age jock like Kavanaugh was sexually active? As captain of the basketball team I'm sure he had more willing partners than rejections.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329December 11, 2019 6:21 AM

R329, THAT is “good-looking” to you? You must not get out much.

by Anonymousreply 330December 11, 2019 3:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!