Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What does clean-cut, all American mean? White I guess, but what other characteristics

If people actually use these terms still.

by Anonymousreply 201September 19, 2019 9:36 AM

This.

Actor Eric Johnson. He played "Whitney" in Smallville.

"All-American" high school quarterback.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 13, 2019 10:41 PM

All-American definitely includes all races. It depends on how you dress, how you're groomed and if you're fit. If you dress and style yourself like a gang member or someone in the hood, you would not be considered all-American.

by Anonymousreply 2September 13, 2019 10:42 PM

It means insatiable bottom after two beers.

by Anonymousreply 3September 13, 2019 10:43 PM

Not overly handsome.

Just clean-cut, "corn fed," blond haired, blue eyed, at least 6 ft. tall, well built and toned but not muscular, strong square jaw, usually wears jeans and a white t-shirt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 13, 2019 10:43 PM

Rutgers football. I purposely didn't post an Ivy League team. Some of these boys, however, look like they might not be ENTIRELY clean-cut. Hubba hubba!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 13, 2019 10:44 PM

What does clean-cut, all American mean?

Circumcision with no scarring?

by Anonymousreply 6September 13, 2019 10:45 PM

80s HS wrestler

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 13, 2019 10:47 PM

I also think of Tom Welling as All-American, which is probably cast as Superman in "Smallville."

He's not blond, but he certainly has all the other characteristics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 13, 2019 10:48 PM

Soda Jerk

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2019 10:49 PM

Even better yet, Tom Welling AND Eric Johnson together!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 13, 2019 10:49 PM

Trying again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 13, 2019 10:49 PM

my grandfather is in this picture. Guess which one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 13, 2019 10:51 PM

White, conservative, crowd-following. The man in the grey flannel suit.

by Anonymousreply 13September 13, 2019 10:54 PM

Er-ruh, Eric Johnson was born in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 14September 13, 2019 10:55 PM

Tom Welling is MY All-American!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 13, 2019 10:56 PM

I think blacks qualify for clean-cut all American, too. Sheesh!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 13, 2019 10:58 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 13, 2019 10:58 PM

funny R13

by Anonymousreply 18September 13, 2019 11:00 PM

black deb ball

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 13, 2019 11:01 PM

some sort of Urkel dance? ^^^^^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 20September 13, 2019 11:05 PM

Infirmary Ball 1938

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 13, 2019 11:05 PM

West Point Cadets. Black dude in middle row is definitely clean-cut all American

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 13, 2019 11:09 PM

R12 - Is he the White guy with brown hair in the football uniform holding his hands in front of him?

by Anonymousreply 23September 13, 2019 11:11 PM

Learn your history. First black West Point grad, and he was born A SLAVE! Imagine that! Handsome dude.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 13, 2019 11:13 PM

I appreciate that African Americans should be considered All-American, but when you just say the words "All-American," most people immediately think a white person.

Sorry, but it's just a fact.

In fact, I've traveled around the world to 15+ countries, and in every single one of them, when you say "American," they immediately think white person. Not black, hispanic, or asian.

It's weird, because those of us who live in this country, know better.

Then there are the trump supporters, who would beg to differ on what's an "All-American."

This is kind of a loaded question, because it's what's fueling the current culture war in this country.

Who/what constitutes an "American?"

by Anonymousreply 25September 13, 2019 11:18 PM

[quote]when you just say the words "All-American," most people immediately think a white person. Sorry, but it's just a fact.

Sorry, but that's just a lie, you racist.

by Anonymousreply 26September 13, 2019 11:21 PM

Buck never would have had to ask!

by Anonymousreply 27September 13, 2019 11:25 PM

There is no such thing as "just a fact". Obviously opinions will differ as will criteria. I am American, white, rich, tall, handsome, was a jock, am Ivy educated, in my 50s and I always considered many ethnicities as fitting into clean-cut all American. It was unanimously agreed that the most "clean cut all American" in my HS was a very handsome Chinese American jock, who went on to Stanford.

by Anonymousreply 28September 13, 2019 11:26 PM

No one in r5's pic look clean nor cut.

by Anonymousreply 29September 13, 2019 11:27 PM

In 1947, it meant Chester Pierce (number 70) a Harvard two-way tackle and the first African-American to play in a major college football game at an all-white university south of the Mason-Dixon Line, at the University of Virginia.

After completing his undergraduate work, Pierce went on to Harvard Medical School and earned great acclaim for his work in psychiatry. Mass General’s Division of Global Psychiatry was renamed for him in 2009. He specialized in how people react to extreme environments and racial relations. That’s why a peak in Antarctica is named for him and he participated in a civil rights rally alongside actor Charlton Heston. His varied professional work spanned such disparate entities as advising NASA and helping to launch Sesame Street.

Sounds pretty All-American to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 13, 2019 11:28 PM

R28, you must live in San Francisco or Vancouver.

Anywhere else, and I'd say you're delusional.

by Anonymousreply 31September 13, 2019 11:28 PM

I grew up in Connecticut, you dumb twat.

by Anonymousreply 32September 13, 2019 11:32 PM

White-white, not white-adjacent.

by Anonymousreply 33September 13, 2019 11:36 PM

No one other than a racist would say that Eurasian actor Charles Melton as Reggie isn't considered all-American.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 13, 2019 11:41 PM

Get the fuck over it, already R34.

You know exactly what OP was asking, and it most definitely IS NOT the person you posted at R34.

Some of you people are fucking exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 35September 13, 2019 11:43 PM

r35, begone racist.

by Anonymousreply 36September 13, 2019 11:47 PM

Oh, Christ ... must racism and accusations of racism infect every fucking thread? Give it a rest.

Example of clean-cut all-American: Chris Pine as James T. Kirk

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37September 13, 2019 11:47 PM

For all intents and purposes, the definition of "clean-cut, all-American": Tom Cruise in Top Gun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 13, 2019 11:50 PM

No tats...

by Anonymousreply 39September 13, 2019 11:53 PM

Thus, from the above two examples, clean-cut all-American = handsome but not pretty; masculine but boyish; conservative haircut and wardrobe, but not eccentrically so; clean-shaven; athletic build rather than pumped-up gymbot; plays sports for fun; unintellectual but not necessarily unintelligent; conventional in public attitudes and behaviors - the opposite of bohemian or artsy; generally pleasant and courteous - not overly macho; conventionally religious but not fanatically so.

In short, he is everything our mothers hoped we'd grow up to be (if we are middle-class Americans). So WTF went wrong?

by Anonymousreply 40September 13, 2019 11:59 PM

You pretty much nailed it, R40.

Everything is sort of "middle of the road," and neither over done, nor under done.

by Anonymousreply 41September 14, 2019 12:30 AM

I disagree with some of that. "All American" means high achievement, not average. Top Gun is about "best in class".

by Anonymousreply 42September 14, 2019 12:40 AM

R5, why is the Rutgers Football Team holding a basketball? I know it is Rutgers but still.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43September 14, 2019 1:25 AM

Whenever I hear that expression, I think of Arrow Shirt ads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44September 14, 2019 1:53 AM

And not just the vintage ones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 14, 2019 1:53 AM

Emilio Estevez's character in The Breakfast Club.

by Anonymousreply 46September 14, 2019 1:58 AM

My BF is black. He's very clean-cut and all-American. He's actually more conservative (in specific ways) that I am. If my hair is getting too long, he'll just cup it in his hand and say, "Mark, what is this about?" which is how he tells me to get my hair cut. My ancestors didn't get here until the 1880s. His black ancestors were here back in the 1700s and he has Native-American ancestors (Creek), too. He's more American than I am.

by Anonymousreply 47September 14, 2019 2:09 AM

Black people can of course be considered all American. I don't have time to look for examples right now, but I have read articles from the 1930s and 40s, that described black men as all American. It is all about, being well groomed and masculine, yet a gentleman.

by Anonymousreply 48September 14, 2019 2:27 AM

Jay Hernandez is a good example of all-American, which has gotten him cast in some all-American type roles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 14, 2019 2:31 AM

When I think of clean-cut, all American, I think of preppy, short hair, conservative dress, that type of thing. Think sneakers or penny loafers and jeans/ I think of hipsters, boho, hippies as the opposite of clean-cut and all American. It doesn't matter the race of the person, or their ethnicity.

by Anonymousreply 50September 14, 2019 4:29 AM

R50 Exactly, Carlton is all American, the Fresh Prince is not.

by Anonymousreply 51September 14, 2019 4:32 AM

I'm sorry but when I think all-american boy I think a young Chris Evans, athletic build, blond hair, blue eyes, tall, very kind and polite, always well dressed, old school (the type of guy that opens doors for women).

by Anonymousreply 52September 14, 2019 4:39 AM

Alan was clean cut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 14, 2019 6:03 AM

R53 but too neurotic to be all American.

by Anonymousreply 54September 14, 2019 6:06 AM

R40 and R50 nail it. Sorry, POC do not fit the "clean-cut, all American" stereotype of the 1950's mid-west, corn fed, jock.

"All American" has long been a code phrase used to discriminate against POC. In fact, I remember reading a news story years ago about a recruiting company that was sued for using the term as a secret short hand to describe potential hires. Interviewers wrote margin notes on applications as a signal to prospective employers that particular candidates were "All American" meaning they were white, clean cut, preppy looking jock types.

by Anonymousreply 55September 14, 2019 6:38 AM

R55, do white gay men fit the model of All-American?

by Anonymousreply 56September 14, 2019 6:46 AM

[quote]I'm sorry but when I think all-american boy I think a young Chris Evans, athletic build, blond hair, blue eyes, tall, very kind and polite, always well dressed, old school (the type of guy that opens doors for women).

And looks especially good in a whipped cream-kini.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57September 14, 2019 6:51 AM

Charles Whitman, but not Charles Manson.

by Anonymousreply 58September 14, 2019 7:03 AM

R56, yes, as long as they otherwise fit the stereotype of a wholesome jock.

by Anonymousreply 59September 14, 2019 7:04 AM

R56 That reminds me, there used to be a gay retail clothing store in places like WeHo, The Castro, etc. actually called "All-American Boy." .. I remember back in the late-70s, 80s, they stocked lots of pastel polo shirts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60September 14, 2019 7:06 AM

All-American is effortless and doesn’t need to tell people they went to an Ivy League school or show off photos of people who may, or may not be their grandpa. That’s what all these masc for masc, “hey buuudy” guys don’t get, you can’t try too hard, because it turns into drag. Oh, and it’s not Ralph Lauren!

Fun fact: all the Ivy League people I work with are awkward nerds who can’t dress themselves and let their education be the high point of their lives.

“At Harvard...Harvard...Harvard...when I was at Harvard...Harvard...there was this person in my office at Harvard”

by Anonymousreply 61September 14, 2019 7:21 AM

How can you be "all-American" when you're white invader stock on someone else's land which you STOLE.

by Anonymousreply 62September 14, 2019 7:52 AM

[R62] Just like the British, the Portuguese, the Spanish, the French, the Dutch, etc...

by Anonymousreply 63September 14, 2019 7:57 AM

Just like what? You name a list of declining nationalities...so, so what?

by Anonymousreply 64September 14, 2019 8:02 AM

It's about the haircut. Clean cut around the edges, behind the ears..

by Anonymousreply 65September 14, 2019 8:11 AM

R59, "wholesome jock" is a good way to describe the stereotypical clean-cut, all-American type.

Some posts suggest that it's related to social class or being "preppy", but the classic type is middle-class and often Midwestern. Anyone of any race or class can have the look. They don't have to be upper-middle class.

Yes, of course black men can have a clean-cut, all-American look. Check out any Lands End or J. Crew catalog. They all feature black and Asian men these days, and the most of the men have this look. It's not rare at all. You see lots of men who look like this everywhere if you know where to look.

by Anonymousreply 66September 14, 2019 8:14 AM

Yeah but when you say all american that evokes the image of a handsome young white man, not a POC, in a perfect world yeah sure it would be, but in real life in 2019 it's not.

by Anonymousreply 67September 14, 2019 8:27 AM

[Quote] declining nationalities...

What an interesting term r64

by Anonymousreply 68September 14, 2019 8:31 AM

It means circumcised, OP.

Having a clean cut American cock instead of an uncut European one.

by Anonymousreply 69September 14, 2019 8:32 AM

r68 Declining nationalities that have the highest standard of living in the whole world lol, africans are literally drowning to death trying to reach europe as we speak.

by Anonymousreply 70September 14, 2019 8:37 AM

This thread was created by a troll whose daily work objective was "race baiting in USA". It opened with a fait accompli to trigger outrage. Clean-cut all American means white. "It's true!" "People are saying it."

by Anonymousreply 71September 14, 2019 9:35 AM

In the trailer for the movie "Everybody's All American" the character is described as a "golden boy". Golden boy = someone privileged and anointed---people throw roses at your feet. If that doesn't describe white men, I don't know what does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72September 14, 2019 10:39 AM

We get it. You want to be reassure that the world and Americans that "clean-cut, all American" = white. That's just the wyay it is. Make sure you repeat it all the time, dear, keep up the good fight! There are good people on your side!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 14, 2019 11:02 AM

Wishing something different doesn't make is so, R73. Are you a tranny? That would make sense. In 2019 people can lay claim to whatever identity they want. Words no longer have meaning.

by Anonymousreply 74September 14, 2019 11:10 AM

"Yeah but when you say all american that evokes the image of a handsome young white man, not a POC, in a perfect world yeah sure it would be, but in real life in 2019 it's not."

Only in the 50s and in your mind. The rest of us are way ahead of you, and up here it includes other races. I imagine what you said would be true for people who live where there's very few other races besides white, like Maine. But everywhere else, you're wrong.

by Anonymousreply 75September 14, 2019 11:23 AM

[quote] The rest of us are way ahead of you, and up here it includes other races. I imagine what you said would be true for people who live where there's very few other races besides white, like Maine. But everywhere else, you're wrong.

You just don't quit, do you?

No matter how wrong you are.

by Anonymousreply 76September 14, 2019 11:28 AM

R76 that was my first, and until this post, only comment in this thread. Several of us have told you that you are wrong, and that the way you see it, the old way, is not how we see it. That in itself proves you wrong. You're not quick on the uptake, girly.

by Anonymousreply 77September 14, 2019 11:45 AM

In the old days, All-American certainly meant caucasian, and primarily of Northern and Western European ancestry. Swarthy Mediterraneans were generally excluded, and the Blacks and Asians DEFINITELY were.

It was considered a high compliment whenever anyone from the excluded groups was described as All-American, because it meant they were quite exceptional. Willis Ward, #48 in this picture, would've been described as an "All-American Negro."

Thank God we've advanced from that racist mindset, and now see many ethnicities and ethnic blends as All-American.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78September 14, 2019 12:07 PM

[quote]I think blacks qualify for clean-cut all American, too. Sheesh!

RightO old chap!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79September 14, 2019 1:41 PM

[Quote]Willis Ward, #48 in this picture

R78 My mistake. Willis Ward is #61 in that picture. #48 is former President Gerald Ford.

by Anonymousreply 80September 14, 2019 1:48 PM

Tom Welling is not from this planet, let alone All-American.

That being said, I think he's a little to well-heeled to be truly All-American.

All American is more boy next door.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81September 14, 2019 1:50 PM

That's the problem with the left, you want to be all inclusive all feels good, hold hands and sing kumbaya, and then when the majority of americans slap you in the face in the elections you wanna act surprised. All american is a racist term by definition, mostly applied to white men, with a few exception. It's cute that in 2019 you want to apply to everyone but that's just disingenuous , it's like calling trans women real women when they're not.

by Anonymousreply 82September 14, 2019 6:43 PM

Keep digging in your heels, Neanderthal.

by Anonymousreply 83September 14, 2019 7:04 PM

wasting your time arguing with the MAGAts. they cannot conceive of an America that does not rank whites above all others.

by Anonymousreply 84September 14, 2019 7:13 PM

"Clean-cut, all-American" is what Abercrombie ads aspired to. Bruce Weber, as everyone on DL knows, pervily fetishizes a stereotypical American white boy type and so was the perfect Abercrombie photographer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85September 14, 2019 7:16 PM

Look at television anchors.

by Anonymousreply 86September 14, 2019 7:18 PM

It's quite dismal. There is always the possibility this is a Russian Troll seeding conflict. That, in fact, would be a best case scenario. Rather than a stone-age Amurcian desperately clinging to an ancient White Supremacy fetish.

by Anonymousreply 87September 14, 2019 7:18 PM

Hello, 1999 called. Abercrombie is practically bankrupt!

by Anonymousreply 88September 14, 2019 7:19 PM

Eric Johnson is Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 89September 14, 2019 7:20 PM

OMG white supremacy, you guys are so whiny. The term all american was created for white men, get over it.

by Anonymousreply 90September 14, 2019 7:23 PM

2 Time ALL AMERICAN, Heisman Trophy winner O.J Simpson.

by Anonymousreply 91September 14, 2019 7:24 PM

"The term all american was created for white men, get over it."

No one is disputing that.

But this is nearly 2020, and no one still views it that way, except for the few people who either live in places where few other races live, so they don't have an accurate realization of what this country looks like, or racists who can't accept the fact that the country, and in fact the whole world has changed and is leaving their antiquated views behind. It's not that we "want" it to be this way, it's that it IS. The only way your view can be possibly correct here and now, is if everyone, or at least most people held that view. But they dont, as seen in this thread.

You're entitled to make up your own opinion, but you're not entitled to make up your own facts.

by Anonymousreply 92September 14, 2019 7:37 PM

It means (or used to mean) embodying all the attributes of a Girl or Boy Scout (I married one, thank gods) and carrying this quite without duplicity throughout life. And to end the race discussion, I have known all races who were formed this way so that it took, and now know several in my neighborhood, besides my spouse, how are that kind of helpful, courageous, forthright person. To work hard and let rewards come as they will. To help without asking for return. To be unafraid of demagogues and not fooled by charlatans.

by Anonymousreply 93September 14, 2019 7:41 PM

"Who," not "how". Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 94September 14, 2019 7:42 PM

bullshit

"America is named after Amerigo Vespucci, the Italian explorer who set forth the then revolutionary concept that the lands that Christopher Columbus sailed to in 1492 were part of a separate continent.

When "America" was named in the 15thc., all of its residents were indigenous peoples, hence the term "Native Americans" everyone else is of immigrant descent

by Anonymousreply 95September 14, 2019 7:44 PM

r95 Native americans were nearly wiped out by europeans, losers dont get to name things.

by Anonymousreply 96September 14, 2019 7:46 PM

[quote]losers dont get to name things.

lol dumbass

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97September 14, 2019 7:51 PM

r97 Confederates are a bunch of losers too but the union is too weak to demand they take down those monuments.

by Anonymousreply 98September 14, 2019 7:54 PM

Um, where are you writing from, R98: 1900?

by Anonymousreply 99September 14, 2019 7:59 PM

r99 from inside your mom.

by Anonymousreply 100September 14, 2019 8:03 PM

No, my mother wouldn't have given a little piece of shit like you the time of day - she'd just wipe you off her shoe.

Why are there so many assholes on here posting stupid racist troll shit today? The full moon was last night.

by Anonymousreply 101September 14, 2019 8:08 PM

or monthly quotas at the shit stirring farm in siberia

by Anonymousreply 102September 14, 2019 8:11 PM

r50 here, My post seems to have been misunderstood. When I said regardless of race/color/ethnicity, I mean that to me ANYONE who has that preppy, clean-cut, kinda conservative, athletic look can be considered all-American. Yes, any race can and has done that look.

by Anonymousreply 103September 14, 2019 9:09 PM

But r103, in r90's mind it means only yt, and therefore that's what it means to EVERYBODY! She says so, so it must be true!😂

by Anonymousreply 104September 14, 2019 9:14 PM

r104 you sound like those bitter gay blacks who are jealous of white gays.

by Anonymousreply 105September 14, 2019 9:54 PM

Black square-jawed pretty and preppy dudes definitely can be considered All-American cleancut

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106September 14, 2019 10:12 PM

Keith Powers is All-American

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107September 14, 2019 10:14 PM

Another DL thread that wandered off into insanity....

by Anonymousreply 108September 14, 2019 10:15 PM

Jordan Calloway is another

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109September 14, 2019 10:17 PM

The bitter queens took over, they're obsessed with being included in everything.

by Anonymousreply 110September 14, 2019 10:20 PM

[quote]What does clean-cut, all American mean?

A dude who looks like he just walked out of an army recruitment video. Pretty much /guaranteed/ to have blue eyes and be clean shaven.

by Anonymousreply 111September 14, 2019 10:22 PM

Charles Melton

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112September 14, 2019 10:31 PM

R105 perhaps that's because my husband is a blatino, and I grew up born and raised in an area that has other races besides mine, which, apparently you didn't. We are going to be minorities in America soon. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.

I'm not sure why you are so invested (hopelessly) in convincing people that all American means white only, but as a white gay man who loves a black Latino gay man, I find it pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 113September 14, 2019 10:34 PM

Dawson Leery

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114September 14, 2019 10:36 PM

r113 you selfhating white gays are pathetic and I dont mind being a minority, but unlike you I'm not rooting for it.

by Anonymousreply 115September 14, 2019 10:38 PM

Somehow I don't think preppy or being upper class qualifies an all American. Though some aa are preppy.

by Anonymousreply 116September 14, 2019 10:47 PM

"you selfhating white gays are pathetic and I dont mind being a minority, but unlike you I'm not rooting for it."

That made no sense whatsoever. Your incoherent ranting is a sad, scathing indictment of the education system in your shithole town.

by Anonymousreply 117September 14, 2019 11:03 PM

Reggie Bush

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118September 14, 2019 11:10 PM

r117 If you hate white people so much why dont you move ?

by Anonymousreply 119September 14, 2019 11:13 PM

Well this thread is a shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 120September 14, 2019 11:18 PM

Clean cut refers to a clean, tidy hair cut and tidy, ironed, clean clothes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121September 14, 2019 11:26 PM

R119 I don't hate white people, I'm white. And if I did for some reason hate my own race, I wouldn't have to move, there are enough people of other races here so that I wouldn't have to.

Now fuck off you pathetic piece of shit whose only accomplishment in life is the shade of your, no doubt elephant sized body.

by Anonymousreply 122September 14, 2019 11:27 PM

r122 You hate your own people, maybe you've been sucking too many bbc's that has affected your brain, I suggest you move to Jamaica, no whites there, only bbc.

by Anonymousreply 123September 14, 2019 11:30 PM

It means a polite way of saying WASP, from the north east. BB used to specialize in this (see link), drawing in the aspirationals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124September 14, 2019 11:56 PM

And those bbc are DELICIOUS!

I see envy is your true motivation r123.

by Anonymousreply 125September 14, 2019 11:58 PM

r123 Yummy, like I said Jamaica is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 126September 15, 2019 12:03 AM

R123 There are indeed Jamaican whites but not very many and some of them pretend genuinely to speak like Bob Marley. DL should not go there, though, because they don't cut their male children as a rule and the uncut don't use condoms, as a rule.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127September 15, 2019 12:05 AM

r127 Oh gurl, r125 will love uncut bbc's without condoms, that's why I told her to go to Jamaica.

by Anonymousreply 128September 15, 2019 12:07 AM

R124, I think you're wrong. "Clean-cut" refers to a look that any young man can have; it's most often associated with young athletes and military types (particularly commissioned officers), not upper-middle-class Northeasterners. The two are unrelated. If you're looking for clean-cut, all-American young men in the Northeast, you'll more likely find them at a Catholic high school or college than a prep school or Ivy League university. In the US as a whole, Utah is packed with clean-cut young men.

"All-American" is an athletic title that has since come to be applied to a sort of wholesome, smart but unintellectual, good-natured, patriotic clean-cut (see what I did there?) type of young man. It has nothing to do with social status and is in fact often sneered at the a certain type of UMC person.

by Anonymousreply 129September 15, 2019 12:09 AM

^^^ ... "BY a certain type of UMC person."

by Anonymousreply 130September 15, 2019 12:11 AM

Black Boys Are Delicious

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131September 15, 2019 12:13 AM

[quote] Utah is packed with clean-cut young men.

Listen to her, she's right.

UMC?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132September 15, 2019 12:18 AM

Are WASP people circumcised ? I wonder if that's included in the definition of clean cut.

by Anonymousreply 133September 15, 2019 12:27 AM

not the upper class smart ones, circumcision was sold to the american middle class by religious nuts as a way to "cure" masturbation in teen age boys.

by Anonymousreply 134September 15, 2019 12:33 AM

What does an All-Mexican person look like?

by Anonymousreply 135September 15, 2019 12:33 AM

Oj was an All American. It's a pity the tranny father and murderous pathotogy. It's really the American Dream turned gothic horror story.

by Anonymousreply 136September 15, 2019 12:36 AM

Circumcision really comes down to two things: is your doctor a Jew; and does your insurance cover it? I am a WASP: I am not cut; my husband, who is also a WASP, is cut.

by Anonymousreply 137September 15, 2019 12:37 AM

or, how much your parents bought into that bullshit

by Anonymousreply 138September 15, 2019 12:39 AM

[quote] What does an All-Mexican person look like?

by Anonymousreply 139September 15, 2019 12:40 AM

r137 That's very interesting, I read somewhere that about 50% of american men are circumcised but the stats vary wildly depending on race, most latinos are uncut, most blacks are cut. White men is a toss up.

by Anonymousreply 140September 15, 2019 12:40 AM

Many Roman Catholics are also uncut. It's one of those physical things which distinguishes us from Jews.

by Anonymousreply 141September 15, 2019 12:41 AM

[R134] I’m half circumcised, my father did it and thought I needed at least something.

by Anonymousreply 142September 15, 2019 12:42 AM

Diana PoW is said to have turned down the royal family's circumcision mania, leaving both Will and Hals intact; Meghs must have been horrified (at first).

by Anonymousreply 143September 15, 2019 12:45 AM

I mean the royal family is the definition of WASP, why would they circumcise their boys, that's a practice only done by jews and muslims. Unless the royal family has some jewish roots ?

by Anonymousreply 144September 15, 2019 12:47 AM

Tell us about All American Clean Cut COCK?

Is it white? Is it cut? Is it clean?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145September 15, 2019 12:49 AM

It has a wholesome, clean-living morally upright connotation

by Anonymousreply 146September 15, 2019 12:49 AM

I can't think of anyone who is tall and thin who I would instinctively call all-American, so I think body shape is part of it. They need to be well-proportioned.

by Anonymousreply 147September 15, 2019 12:53 AM

R144 The cutting appears to have started on Prince Albert's offspring and stopped with Princess Diana's. Prince Albert was uncut but was a terrible prude about sex (of any kind incl masturbation) outside of marriage for the procreation of the species.

by Anonymousreply 148September 15, 2019 12:55 AM

Diana the Great decreeed that no fucking way are you gonna slice up my boys' cocks.

Wills and Harry blessedly intact

by Anonymousreply 149September 15, 2019 12:58 AM

try this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150September 15, 2019 1:05 AM

This one looks like my second love as a teengay, 'xcep he was cut from Lebanon so I guess he can't be clean cut American tho' he has family here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151September 15, 2019 1:35 AM

R132: UMC = upper-middle class

by Anonymousreply 152September 15, 2019 1:40 AM

R137 and R141 sound like dog-whistling anti Semites. Circumcision had nothing to do with having a Jewish doctor. The idea that Roman Catholics are uncut is ridiculous unless your referring to Hispanics and has nothing to do without not wanting to be like Jews. If R137 is so upper class, he'd know that the only boys not circumcised back in the day were from poor families that couldn't afford it or whose mothers gave birth at home.

by Anonymousreply 153September 15, 2019 1:44 AM

R153 I'm not from "back in the day."

by Anonymousreply 154September 15, 2019 1:51 AM

More clean cut, all American guys: see link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155September 15, 2019 1:57 AM

This gal found happiness with someone All-Mexican

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156September 15, 2019 1:57 AM

[R155] I don’t know, that guy’s nose looks a little “jewey”.

Cue DL chaos...

by Anonymousreply 157September 15, 2019 1:59 AM

[quote] unless your referring

Oh dear R153

by Anonymousreply 158September 15, 2019 2:01 AM

R157 The top looks a bit dewey.

by Anonymousreply 159September 15, 2019 2:16 AM

always picture it as short hair, handsome face, white, military erect posture, fit muscular body, no body hair. Dont ask me why so specifc.......this is how I picture that phrase.

by Anonymousreply 160September 15, 2019 2:16 AM

Bless R160, still on stage even though she's smashed again. Such a trooper.

by Anonymousreply 161September 15, 2019 2:20 AM

colton Haynes at 25 in buffed up condition with a smooth chest and with short hair, his natural color, not the fake blond dye job he sported a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 162September 15, 2019 2:20 AM

Colton Haynes is pure white trash hun.

by Anonymousreply 163September 15, 2019 2:25 AM

Peak Colton is pure perfection.

by Anonymousreply 164September 15, 2019 2:32 AM

Folk like Colton who do pornhub are not clean-cut, all American.

by Anonymousreply 165September 15, 2019 2:36 AM

A blond, blue-eyed, trim lad, square-ish jawline, little body hair. "Swimmer's body." Tans well.

by Anonymousreply 166September 15, 2019 2:39 AM

Referring to men as “lads” makes you sound creepy and pedo

by Anonymousreply 167September 15, 2019 2:41 AM

There's another expression that was popular in the 50s along with clean cut: gay blade. A gay blade would be clean cut who was dressed most likely in a shirt and tie with a blazer and dress pants of the era. Perhaps he would also wear a hat that was typical of the times.

Back in the late 60s I was visiting Eugene, OR and went to shop in a mall. There was a young men's clothing store, "The Gay Blade." I'm sure the company changed their brand name shortly after, as I remember snickering at it.

by Anonymousreply 168September 15, 2019 2:56 AM

I'm R47. I told you all that my BF is black. He's always kept his hair trimmed, very tightly, and worn pretty conservative clothes. I've never seen him wear shorts, or a muscle shirt, even though he has a great body. I'm white, and when we met, I was struggling, badly, and was pretty much living in an alcoholic stupor. He liked me, but made it clear that I needed to clean up my act. That meant getting my hair cut, shaving myself, wearing my nicer clothes, and getting a job. He wasn't going to take me seriously if I continued to live like a bum. So I made those changes. I might be considered your ordinary, clean-cut white guy. But someone helped me become that. I'm very, very lucky that we still love each other.

by Anonymousreply 169September 15, 2019 3:15 AM

[quote] I told you all that my BF is black.

That's when I lost interest.

by Anonymousreply 170September 15, 2019 3:22 AM

Trevor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171September 15, 2019 3:37 AM

R169 Literally nobody cares.

by Anonymousreply 172September 15, 2019 3:40 AM

mormonboyz are clean cut all american

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173September 15, 2019 3:58 AM

[R169] are you ok? Is this a domestic violence situation that you’re trying to get help with? Your BF sounds controlling.

by Anonymousreply 174September 15, 2019 5:25 AM

Good teeth are key for this look.

OT: why do English people have such fucked up teeth when they have subsidized health care?

by Anonymousreply 175September 15, 2019 6:51 AM

R175 you want to really blow your mind? Check out the royal family's teeth, including the queen. With all that money and privilege, how can they go in public everyday knowing full well they're sporting baked bean/homless people teeth?

by Anonymousreply 176September 15, 2019 7:41 AM

The Royal Family is understand since they're trying to look relatable to the plebs. They dont want to seem too hollywood-esque.

by Anonymousreply 177September 15, 2019 7:53 AM

*understandable

by Anonymousreply 178September 15, 2019 7:53 AM

R177, no.

by Anonymousreply 179September 15, 2019 8:27 AM

Uh, some of these photos are of guys with scruff and hair longer than 3 inches or loaded with goop. That’s definitely NOT clean cut.

Clean cut is Dobie Gillis or Alan on That Girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180September 15, 2019 8:30 AM

I meant Donald

by Anonymousreply 181September 15, 2019 8:34 AM

My BF, Adolfo, can be considered clean cut. He really impressed me when he showed up to our first date wearing a fluorescent green t-shirt and an Abercrombie hat from 2001. I really had to step it up, and started drinking more Monster and Rockstar. He’s the picture of clean cut traditional America, as he drives around in his Toyota Sienna. All his tools are in the back, like any respectful American, ready to assist...daaayuuum!

by Anonymousreply 182September 15, 2019 4:52 PM

He pretty much set the definition for a generation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183September 15, 2019 5:48 PM

I think there are at least two variations of all-American. One is a small-town, boy next door look, maybe the local football hero, and the other is a collegiate, preppy look.

by Anonymousreply 184September 15, 2019 8:23 PM

I disagree. Preppy is much too fussy and priggish. Clean cut all-American is ready to help and despite the cleanliness, not afraid to get his hands dirty. He is not as self aware.

by Anonymousreply 185September 16, 2019 12:14 AM

[R185] sounds like my BF, Adolfo.

by Anonymousreply 186September 16, 2019 2:26 AM

here's a sexy music video about it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187September 17, 2019 3:00 AM

It’s more a product of dress and grooming than of ethnicity.

by Anonymousreply 188September 17, 2019 1:35 PM

[quote]Golden boy = someone privileged and anointed---people throw roses at your feet. If that doesn't describe white men, I don't know what does.

If people who weren't white were to walk around in a white guy's shoes for a week they would be SO disappointed if they're so delusional that they think this has to do with race and not appearance (jock) / wealth.

by Anonymousreply 189September 17, 2019 1:39 PM

R153 is correct. I don't know where those people who are saying that American Catholics and upper class men are not circumcised are getting their information from. I did a whole paper for school several years back and the fact is that most white American boys are circumcised. Blacks are a toss-up. Latinos are almost certainly uncut, unless you're Cuban-American. Native Americans are mostly cut. Asians are a toss-up, as well. Koreans and Filipinos are because of American influence. Chinese-/Japanese-Americans not so much.

by Anonymousreply 190September 17, 2019 4:17 PM

From the period after WWII until the late 1980's, if you were insured and born in a hospital in the United States, circumcision a day or two after birth was the default - it was just the done thing and it was paid for by the insurer. Race, religion, and national origin were less predictive of circumcision than was BC/BS (or similar) coverage.

by Anonymousreply 191September 17, 2019 4:32 PM

R85 & R146 for the winning definitions here. I'll add the observation always clean shaven, and short meticulous, regular haircuts. In my mind, they appear to just have stepped out of the barber's.

by Anonymousreply 192September 17, 2019 5:25 PM

^ I should've included R65 as well.

by Anonymousreply 193September 17, 2019 5:45 PM

Someone upthread mentioned OJ Simpson. Being an all-American athlete (i.e., Best Amateur) is not the same thing as having all-American looks (i.e., tall, fair, corn-fed, athletic). As someone else mentioned, the term was created to describe a wholesome Midwestern white boy. Nowadays, people are trying to be more inclusive, but the term has always been associated with white Americans and continues to be. That's the way it is. In due time, things may change.

by Anonymousreply 194September 18, 2019 5:58 AM

I have to say something important that nobody has mentioned.

Clean-cut all American means a white guy. That's just the way it is. Clean-cut All American = white. Everyone knows that is the rule. Everyone knows it means white guy.

It means white guy, fellas. You're just being cute or contrarians.

All American = white. It's true. That's just a fact.

by Anonymousreply 195September 18, 2019 9:26 AM

R194 the sports term actually predates the aryan “god” prototype.

by Anonymousreply 196September 18, 2019 10:38 AM

White heterosexual, not too bright, but not dumb; good looking, but not too good-looking; Not too anything.

by Anonymousreply 197September 18, 2019 11:09 AM

Tell it to the black guys in Ralph Lauren print ads, r195...

by Anonymousreply 198September 18, 2019 10:49 PM

[quote]I have to say something important that nobody has mentioned. Clean-cut all American means a white guy.

It's also important to say that you're a racist, whether it's been mentioned or not.

by Anonymousreply 199September 18, 2019 11:14 PM

Geez you twats. My post at R195 is a satire of the racist OCD cunts, above.

by Anonymousreply 200September 18, 2019 11:16 PM

This guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201September 19, 2019 9:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!