Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mia Farrow : I had a Painful Crush on Ryan O'Neal

Mia Farrow @MiaFarrow

I don't think @Ryan_O_Neal knew I had such a painful crush on him - when we were making #PeytonPlace #tbt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 19, 2019 12:19 AM

I don't like this Ryan O'Neal thread. Could you start another?

by Anonymousreply 1September 13, 2019 12:14 AM

Jesus, Ryan O’Neil was crazy popular with the ladies way back when.

Was he the only straight actor in the 60-70s?

by Anonymousreply 2September 13, 2019 12:18 AM

R2 100% heterosexual and ready to go, rare in Hollywood. No gray area. And women like those rascal actors.

by Anonymousreply 3September 13, 2019 12:25 AM

She probably bonded with him over their respective Irish madness.

by Anonymousreply 4September 13, 2019 12:26 AM

She sure knew how to pick ‘em.

by Anonymousreply 5September 13, 2019 12:31 AM

Oh man. Will the O'Neal Troll and the Mia is a Bitch Troll join forces to create the ultimate thread?

by Anonymousreply 6September 13, 2019 12:33 AM

it's hard to explain the draw this type of man exudes for hetero ladies. Like Warren Beatty he was a ladies man, but he also had a very athletic and disciplined background. He devoted himself to whatever woman he was with at the time (and Tatum) and was not so much part of a boy's club like Jack Nicholson, etc. The Anjelica head-butting incident pains me but I don't think she is a liar. He must have been a great lover. There is no man harder to forget.

by Anonymousreply 7September 13, 2019 1:12 AM

I'm Glad that Ryan's old friends like Ali, Mia, Barbra and Melanie are still supporting Ryan and don't give a fuck about Tatum's horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 8September 13, 2019 12:49 PM

He’s the one who dodged a bullet.

by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2019 12:55 PM

R9 LMAO

by Anonymousreply 10September 13, 2019 12:58 PM

Oh, yeah. The little bitch kept it to herself when she was crushing on Ryan O'Neal. So what changed when she met my husband?

by Anonymousreply 11September 13, 2019 1:05 PM

And got pregnant R11

by Anonymousreply 12September 13, 2019 1:09 PM

Dear Mia:

Take a Mydol for that.

by Anonymousreply 13September 13, 2019 1:12 PM

I simply do not understand what all these women saw in Ryan O'Neil. Even in his 20’s he looked very basic.

by Anonymousreply 14September 13, 2019 1:13 PM

R14 = Tatum O'Neal

by Anonymousreply 15September 13, 2019 1:19 PM

Very basic? Oh, hell no.

He may not conform to one's own personal preferences, but he is in way "basic."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 13, 2019 1:21 PM

R14 No tats, no piercings, no wild facial hair, beautiful body, beautiful face. I'll take basic anytime.

by Anonymousreply 17September 13, 2019 1:22 PM

O'Neal was so very good looking when young. Ever see the "Leave it to Beaver" episode he guested on? He is probably one of the most handsome guys I'd ever seen on TV for that time period. His looks are timeless.

by Anonymousreply 18September 13, 2019 1:22 PM

Supposedly Mia and Ryan did have a brief fling (she also had one with Mike Nichols) in the Spring of 1966 when she and Sinatra were on the outs. Their characters on Peyton Place were star crossed lovers who could never get it right.

by Anonymousreply 19September 14, 2019 1:45 PM

Is this Ryan O'Neil thread 102?

by Anonymousreply 20September 14, 2019 2:25 PM

An online comment about Ryan and Mia:

"Ryan was screwing around with co-star Barbara Parkins and that's why he left Joanna Moore. He had a thing for Mia Farrow but she was with Sinatra.

There were rumors they did get together but Mia was also dating Mike Nichols and Sinatra got jealous and Mia was able to manipulate him into marriage. Sinatra insisted she leave PP to stay away from the temptation of Ryan O'Neal."

by Anonymousreply 21September 15, 2019 12:00 AM

These dozens of Ryan O’Neal threads have made me never want to see him in anything again. OP sure isn’t his agent.

by Anonymousreply 22September 15, 2019 12:38 AM

I believe it, they're both insane.

by Anonymousreply 23September 15, 2019 12:45 AM

Enough. FF OP.

by Anonymousreply 24September 15, 2019 12:52 AM

Beware of young girls, who act like a whore.....

by Anonymousreply 25September 15, 2019 12:55 AM

From Ryan O'Neal book:

"The year, 1965. The place, 20th Century Fox Studios. Mia and I are on lunch break from Peyton Place. We’re walking to the commissary. We pass the set of Von Ryans Express, a movie about escaped prisoners of war in which Sinatra is starring. Fencing designed to imitate barbed wire surrounds the set. The effect is so realistic, it’s as if we’re standing in front of a POW camp. The cast is milling about.

Mia asks me to point out which of the actors is Sinatra. “I can’t spot him,” I say. Suddenly a gate at the other end of the set opens and a golf cart piled with six guys in army fatigues pulls out. “Look at the driver,” I whisper to her. “That’s Sinatra.”

I watch her face. I can almost hear the lyrics to “I’ve Got a Crush on You” playing in her head.

A couple days later back on the set of Peyton Place, Mia pulls me aside. “I had the privilege of meeting Mr. Frank Sinatra yesterday,” she says. I asked her how she found the time. Our production schedule had been grueling the day before.

“They were shooting interiors on the next stage and I just walked over and introduced myself,” she answers. I was even more perplexed.“You met Frank Sinatra in a hospital gown?”

Peyton Place was shooting hospital scenes that week. “No, I put on a robe and slippers first.”

by Anonymousreply 26September 15, 2019 1:15 AM

They wed two years later. I was married to Patrick’s mother, Leigh Taylor-Young, at the time. We enjoyed many evenings with Mr. and Mrs. Sinatra. They were wonderful to us.

I loved Frank. He could be a gentleman. But he had an uncontrollable jealous streak. One night Leigh and I were driving down Sunset Boulevard on my motorcycle. We’d just had a lovely dinner with Jacqueline Bisset and her partner of many years, Michael Sarrazin. Anyway, Leigh and I are on the bike when suddenly someone whooshes past us in a Dual Ghia. This is an expensive Italian sports car and there weren’t too many of them on the road.

I knew that Frank had one.There’s a red light ahead of us and I see the Ghia come to a screeching halt behind another car. I drive up alongside the Ghia, and Leigh and I glance to our right. Sure enough, it’s Frank at the wheel, and sitting next to him in the passenger side is Mia.

They don’t see us. Mia’s hands are clasped tightly on her lap and she’s sitting there rigid. She looks terrified. It’s a long red. Frank can’t wait. He wheels out from behind the other driver, nearly sideswiping him, and runs the light.

by Anonymousreply 27September 15, 2019 1:18 AM

The next afternoon, Leigh and I are expected at their home for Sunday brunch. When we arrive, there are large pieces of furniture all over the front yard: an armoire, a dresser, a hand-carved desk, custom cabinets, even a piano.

It looked as if an absentminded auctioneer started to set up for an estate sale, said “Aw, the hell with it,” and left. I ask myself, could Frank possibly have dragged all this furniture out of the house by himself?

The adrenaline must have been really flowing. But I heard he didn’t like the way the owner of the antique shop looked at his wife when she purchased that furniture. And Frank was a very possessive man.

Though Mia and Frank’s marriage survived only a few years, their friendship would endure a lifetime. He loved her and she loved him, but he couldn’t own her. She was her own girl then, and an exquisite woman now.

I still hear from Mia from time to time. After Farrah died, she sent me a beautiful letter that only someone of her depth and grace could have written. Leigh had replaced Mia on Peyton Place

in 1966. We were married the next year in Hawaii. Leigh was pregnant with Patrick and chose to leave our prime-time soap, which wasn’t making good use of her considerable talent. Patrick is now a well-regarded sportscaster in LA. We speak frequently. I salute him and bow to Leigh, who has been as good a mother as she was an actress.

by Anonymousreply 28September 15, 2019 1:20 AM

Who didn’t have a crush on him?

by Anonymousreply 29September 15, 2019 1:29 AM

Who didn't?

by Anonymousreply 30September 15, 2019 2:53 AM

R29 Me

by Anonymousreply 31September 15, 2019 3:04 AM

Ryan was gorgeous and a good actor on PP. What his personal life turned out to be, my God. Leigh Taylor Young should have been a bigger star. She had that 60's look, just like Mia.

by Anonymousreply 32September 15, 2019 5:25 AM

I'm so glad there's YET ANOTHER FUCKING THREAD ABOUT RYAN FUCKING O'NEAL.

by Anonymousreply 33September 15, 2019 5:28 AM

OP also seems to have a painful crush on Ryan O'Neal.

by Anonymousreply 34September 15, 2019 11:35 AM

Mia commented on a photo of Ryan and Joanna Moore on Tatum's Instagram :

realmiafarrow

Gorgeous!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 17, 2019 10:06 PM

Should anyone be interested I just received an email from someone who sells old, hard to find TV shows and his latest newsletter mentions that he has the show "Empire" which starred Richard Egan but featured a young Ryan O'Neal and Terry Moore.

by Anonymousreply 36September 17, 2019 10:48 PM

R36 I'm interested. Incidentally Mia;s dad John Farrow directed eps of Empire in its 2nd season. Not sure if Ryan was still on the show at that point.

by Anonymousreply 37September 18, 2019 9:49 AM

R37, I hesitate to post the email address of the person selling these.

But there are a couple of sites that apparently sell old TV shows (some are real oldies) that they claims are in the public domain and Empire shows up in the ones they are selling.

I found more than one by google searching "Empire TV show 1962 DVD". Be sure to include 1962 to distinguish it from the current show "Empire".

by Anonymousreply 38September 19, 2019 12:18 AM

^^ "claim"

by Anonymousreply 39September 19, 2019 12:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!