Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fat whores rejoice! It's pie season!

Everyone loves pie! It's so warm and cozy! Do you bake your own pies? I love pumpkin, dutch apple, and pecan pies. Sometimes I have cold pumpkin pie for breakfast. šŸ˜‹

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156November 30, 2020 11:44 PM

I guess this post means I've got a finger in the pie, and a hole that craves it.

by Anonymousreply 1September 12, 2019 6:06 AM

I'd love to see some favorite recipes here. I love pie!!

by Anonymousreply 2September 12, 2019 6:12 AM

Pennsylvania Dutch Apple. Don't forget to cradle your mug while enjoying a slice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 12, 2019 6:23 AM

I can't wait to stick my dick in some warm apple pie!

by Anonymousreply 4September 12, 2019 6:25 AM

I bake my own apple and pumpkin pies, make individual little canned cherry tarts with the same flaky crust, and pine for the day I can pull off a decent pecan pie, which I love.

by Anonymousreply 5September 12, 2019 6:29 AM

Use lard for good flaky pie crust. I know it sounds gross but it really does work.

by Anonymousreply 6September 12, 2019 6:31 AM

A pie recipe for every month. September is Apple Fig Tart!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 12, 2019 6:34 AM

My Mom taught me to make a proper, flaky pie crust, but I only make it now when I bake a quiche. I have to watch my carbohydrate intake, so I have no business keeping a whole sweet pie around the house. I'm lucky that my city has a number of really nice bakeries, so I just treat myself to an occasional piece of pie with some good strong coffee. This summer, I've had key lime, coconut cream, lemon meringue, and peach pies. I'm looking forward to pumpkin, pecan and sweet potato pie. I limit myself to one piece of pie per week.

by Anonymousreply 8September 12, 2019 7:02 AM

Fuck pies. I want a pumpkin cheesecake.

by Anonymousreply 9September 12, 2019 7:16 AM

Umm. Pie.

by Anonymousreply 10September 12, 2019 7:18 AM

Any peach?

by Anonymousreply 11September 12, 2019 7:25 AM

I like peach with dusted with cinnamon and sugar.

by Anonymousreply 12September 12, 2019 7:27 AM

Yum!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 12, 2019 7:28 AM

My crust was s super flaky and I use Crisco, not animal lard.

by Anonymousreply 14September 12, 2019 8:48 AM

If you are Paleo you can make a crust with cauliflower and parmesan cheese and do the filling with meat, like pig ears which have a lot of healthy stuff in them and then eat some raw vegetables for the enzymes but no gluten.

by Anonymousreply 15September 12, 2019 10:11 AM

R15 doesn't go here.

by Anonymousreply 16September 12, 2019 5:58 PM

All butter extremely flaky pie crust which can be frozen before baking. Recipe makes enough for 2 generous pies. It recommends using a food processor but I used the old fashioned method of 2 butter knives which worked well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 12, 2019 6:26 PM

I canā€™t wait for our townā€™s Red and Wild Strawberry Social.

by Anonymousreply 18September 12, 2019 6:57 PM

Plum blueberry pie is the best I've ever had.

by Anonymousreply 19September 12, 2019 7:04 PM

Please. It's ALWAYS pie season in this house.

by Anonymousreply 20September 12, 2019 7:11 PM

Pie season is in the SUMMER, and not the Fall.

You're not only a fat whore. You're a STUPID, fat whore.

by Anonymousreply 21September 12, 2019 7:13 PM

Wrong. Fall is pie season because we bake pies for the holidays and prepare homemade goodies for our friends and loved ones.

by Anonymousreply 22September 12, 2019 8:12 PM

I like pie.

by Anonymousreply 23September 12, 2019 9:38 PM

R8, So give us your recipe already!

by Anonymousreply 24September 12, 2019 11:02 PM

Americaā€™s Test Kitchen just published ā€œThe Perfect Pie,ā€ and they know what they are doing. I made a plum ginger pie with whole wheat crust published earlier in their magazine - one of the best fruit pies I have had.

by Anonymousreply 25September 12, 2019 11:12 PM

I could use some pie right about now.

by Anonymousreply 26September 13, 2019 8:52 AM

Cherry ismy favorite - made with tart cherries. Second favorite is Peach.

I know this time of year this may be heresy, but I don't like pumpkin pie.

by Anonymousreply 27September 13, 2019 12:02 PM

If you're in a rush, Trader Joes frozen crust is excellent

by Anonymousreply 28September 13, 2019 1:15 PM

BAMA quit making their legendary ones, but Walmart found a Canadian supplier for their 50Ā¢ mini pecan pies! They're pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 29September 13, 2019 1:22 PM

Can peach pie be made from canned peaches?

by Anonymousreply 30September 13, 2019 1:27 PM

Itā€™s been ā€œPie Seasonā€ ever since the rhubarb came up last May

by Anonymousreply 31September 13, 2019 1:51 PM

Apple pie with cheese crust

by Anonymousreply 32September 13, 2019 2:14 PM

Why is it not Lesbian Season?

by Anonymousreply 33September 13, 2019 2:31 PM

Iā€™m going to the pie store. For some pies.

by Anonymousreply 34September 13, 2019 3:32 PM

Iā€™m also going to the pie store for some pies.

by Anonymousreply 35September 13, 2019 4:55 PM

The "fat whore" was implied, r35.

by Anonymousreply 36September 13, 2019 4:56 PM

R30, Yes you can make peach pie from canned fruit. Just use less sugar.

by Anonymousreply 37September 13, 2019 5:01 PM

R23, I'm a lady-like man, but here's my simplified recipe. It's not written down. I'm a cook, but not a great baker. I can feed you something very tasty, but my cakes can be hit-or-miss.

When I make quiche: one stick of sweet butter, cut into small bits (chilled, hopefully). BTW, European bakers: 1 stick of American butter = 1/2 cup. I apologize for the non-Brits, but I know Brits know what a cup is, since I've watched Mary Berry cook back in the 70s. If I can convert 2 st into pounds every time some lardass British unknown celebrity squeezes into a sausage casing, then you can, too.

One cup and one half of all-purpose flour. One half teaspoon of salt (you can add more, once you taste). One of my trucs (French hoidty-toidty version of tricks): season the damned flour, before you blend it into the fat. For a savory cheese pie, like a quiche, you might add some white pepper, cayenne, garlic powder, and some nutmeg. For a sweet pie, like cherry or blueberry, a bit of nutmeg (again) or cinnamon, and a drop or two of almond extract added to the cold water.

And then, of course, the ice water. Add it only by spoonfuls. You don't want the pie dough to come together into a cohesive mass: that means it will be a piece of cardboard. It's supposed to be crumbly and flaky. I use an old-fashioned pastry blender (substitute two forks), until the mixture of fats and flour becomes crumby, then add the cold water, only a tiny bit at a time, before it starts to stick together. But, if in doubt, don't add all the water. You need to try to get it to stick together, into a loose ball. Then, form it into a ball, and wrap it in cellophane (cling-film for the Brits), and leave it in the fridge for at least a half hour. That will allow the water to moisten the rest of the dough.

When I take the dough out of the fridge, I have two pieces of wax paper torn off the roll and waiting. I put the ball of dough between the two pieces of paper, then start rolling them out (you really start by beating them at the center of gravity, to force the butter and flour mixture to start forming sheets). Roll them out into the approximate size of your pie plate, then roll them over your roller, and lift them up off the board, to place them in the pie plate.

For a quiche, I usually add some crispy strips of cooked bacon, some sliced onions, cooked until they're beginning to brown, and some shredded cheese: Gruyere is impeccable, but I usually use Comte, which I buy from Costco, where it's not at all expensive. But, if you have shreds of other decent cheeses, just shred them and add to the filling. For the liquid, I use one and a half cups of half and half, and three eggs, but you could get by with two eggs, and substitute either whole milk or heavy cream.

Put in a hot oven (425 F) for 15 minutes, to help brown the top. You should add a bit dots of butter to help the top brown, but if you cooked the bacon the same day, a drizzle of bacon fat (yes, I type fat) works very well. For sweet pies, obviously just butter, but I surprised myself how well bacon fat worked on a cherry pie. Then, turn the heat down to 350 F, and bake for at least 30 minutes (I start watching at that point).

My main object: pie filling depends on the pie filling itself. I really like a variety of pie fillings, but I limit my consumption. But, if you're going to bake a pie yourself, your crust should be delicate and flaky, and actually taste like something itself. I'm very lucky that I learned pie crust at my Mom's elbow, since even my little sister has never mastered it.

by Anonymousreply 38September 14, 2019 1:34 AM

R5 I usually make Dear Abby's Famous Pecan Pie, and I don't get any complaints. The only change I make is light brown sugar instead of dark. You can also replace the corn syrup and brown sugar with Lyle's Golden Syrup for an even richer taste.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 14, 2019 1:42 AM

[quote]Wrong. Fall is pie season because we bake pies for the holidays and prepare homemade goodies for our friends and loved ones.

This fat whores knows of what she queefs.

by Anonymousreply 40September 14, 2019 1:58 AM

But the diabeetuss...,

by Anonymousreply 41September 14, 2019 2:29 AM

I would like to hear talk of lemon pies. I like a good lemon creme pie. Meringue, not as much. I also adore key lime pie.

Has anyone ever had shaker lemon pie? I have heard tell of it, but never had the chance to try.

This lemon pie uses saltine crackers in the crust and I want to make and eat this goddamn pie:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 14, 2019 2:31 AM

[quote]Can peach pie be made from canned peaches?

It would be better if you used frozen. Canned peaches are very watery.

by Anonymousreply 43September 14, 2019 3:43 AM

Diamond now makes walnut and pecan pie crust shells.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44September 14, 2019 3:44 AM

I bet not many of you have tasted gooseberry pie. I haven't seen one since I was a kid in Missouri.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 14, 2019 5:43 AM

What does rhubarb pie taste like?

I've never had rhubarb. Hell, I wouldn't even know where to get a rhubarb pie.

by Anonymousreply 46September 14, 2019 5:44 AM

It's a poor man's strawberry pie. Rhubarb grows wild, I think. Like a weed.

by Anonymousreply 47September 14, 2019 5:48 AM

In the US, all pies are dessert. Not so in the rest of the world.

I would like to see the US try some savory pies - I think it would take off.

by Anonymousreply 48September 14, 2019 5:51 AM

I wish I had some pie now.

by Anonymousreply 49September 14, 2019 5:51 AM

I just made a chicken pot pie the other night. It's one of my favorite things to make after I cook a roast chicken.

by Anonymousreply 50September 14, 2019 5:55 AM

R48, Quiche was once very popular. Before that beef and chicken pot pies were standard. Banquet used to make a tasty version.

by Anonymousreply 51September 14, 2019 6:10 AM

I make a great chicken pot pie. No canned soup ever in my pot pie. I use cream which makes it very rich.

by Anonymousreply 52September 14, 2019 6:11 AM

I can never get the portion of pot to chicken right in my pot pies. Always too green and skunky tasting.

by Anonymousreply 53September 14, 2019 6:21 AM

Why would you need to used canned soup in chicken pot pie anyway?

Just make a creamy gravy with stock and a roux.

by Anonymousreply 54September 16, 2019 4:23 AM

Lazy cooks use canned soup.

by Anonymousreply 55September 16, 2019 4:29 AM

I thought there are sick and a twisted Dataloungers who dislike pie?

by Anonymousreply 56September 16, 2019 4:35 AM

4 pies to make with your BFF.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57September 16, 2019 4:49 AM

My Mom was an accomplished pie baker. And every spring. she'd make Rhubarb Pie. And our next-door neighbor, Mr Ezart Fox, was always the first recipient. Rhubarb is very easy to grow. Pie is a learned skill. I really miss Mr Ezart Fox, but I'm still friends with his kids. His daughter still cuts my hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58September 16, 2019 5:04 AM

How about some pie?

by Anonymousreply 59September 16, 2019 5:35 AM

Anyone else prefer cobbler or several of the variations to pie?

Just made fresh peach pie filling to add to my morning oatmeal.

by Anonymousreply 60September 16, 2019 5:54 AM

Whoa R45!! The only time I have ever even heard of gooseberry pie when I was a kid living in a small town about an hour and a half from Kansas City Missouri. Maybe it's a Missouri thing? I didn't like it much, as I recall.

Separate topic: Cake beats pie's ASS!!!

by Anonymousreply 61September 16, 2019 6:06 AM

Itā€™s always pie season here.

by Anonymousreply 62September 16, 2019 6:50 AM

I confess I've loved pumpkin pie for breakfast on more than one occasion, and I'm not ordinarily fond of breakfast. A good , freshly baked pumpkin pie is one of America's best gifts.

by Anonymousreply 63September 16, 2019 7:34 AM

Denny's is having a special pumpkin pancake for the season, R63.

You should try it.

by Anonymousreply 64September 16, 2019 7:44 AM

I always thought that rhubarb was supposed to be poisonous?

by Anonymousreply 65September 16, 2019 7:46 AM

I don't care for the standard rhubarb/strawberry combo. Made a rhubarb peach crisp earlier this summer that was delicious. This is a great rhubarb pie recipe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66September 16, 2019 9:32 AM

R65, It's the leaves and not the rhubarb stalks which are poisonous. If you ate about 6 lbs of rhubarb leaves you'd be in serious trouble.

Rhubarb stalks can be made into a delicious and nutritious sauce comparable to cranberry sauce.

by Anonymousreply 67September 16, 2019 9:51 AM

R66's looks nasty.

by Anonymousreply 68September 16, 2019 10:01 AM

I love cream pies in the Summer, chocolate cream pie, banana cream pie, lemon cream pie and fruit pies in the fall. I use to make an apple walnut pie with dark rum, will have to do it again.

by Anonymousreply 69September 16, 2019 10:09 AM

R61 Gooseberry is largely unknown in North America as it reacts badly with our native pine trees.

R48 I can't stand the stuff, but chicken pot pie has been a long-standing American staple. There is also the famous Frito pie, but I think that may be beyond the scope of this discussion. Savory pies, as they would be known in Britain and Australia, are making a slow entrance to the American Market these days.

by Anonymousreply 70September 16, 2019 7:52 PM

The Missouri gooseberry is a native plant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71September 17, 2019 8:57 AM

R69 I'm deeply intrigued by the even existence of an apple, walnut, and dark rum pie...sounds superb.

by Anonymousreply 72September 17, 2019 9:06 AM

Gooseberries and currants are rarely cultivated in the US, since they're the alternate hosts of White Pine Blister Rust. There are a number of native species, though. I like black currant and red currant jam from France, but otherwise, I've never seen gooseberries or currants for sale. Growing up, our Appalachian neighbors raised gooseberries, so I've had gooseberry pie. My Mom always made rhubarb pie every spring to share with our neighbors.

by Anonymousreply 73September 17, 2019 9:13 AM

R72 I add 1/2 cup of walnuts or pecans and 2 tablespoons of dark Jamaican rum to apple pie. My sister always said she didn't like alcohol flavoring in desserts but this became her favorite apple pie.

by Anonymousreply 74September 17, 2019 10:49 AM

[quote]Cherry is my favorite - made with tart cherries

Mine too, I live near Traverse City so cherry pie around here is wonderful

by Anonymousreply 75September 17, 2019 11:18 AM

If you are in a rush Trader Joe's frozen pie crust is horrible and loaded with additives.

by Anonymousreply 76September 17, 2019 2:19 PM

[R76] Do you have an alternative? All the other ones I've tried taste like cardboard. Also, the ingredients for TJ's don't seem all that bad: Enriched flour, Palm Oil (with citric acid for freshness), water, butter, sugar salt

by Anonymousreply 77September 17, 2019 3:04 PM

Has anyone a great recipe for cobbler topping? I have frozen mango and frozen blueberries in the freezer to get rid off.

by Anonymousreply 78September 18, 2019 7:49 AM

Blueberry crisp. No idea about the mangoes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79September 19, 2019 9:32 AM

Cheers R74

by Anonymousreply 80September 19, 2019 9:37 AM

Strawberry pie NEVER gets the respect it deserves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81September 19, 2019 9:46 AM

R77, make a crisp or cobbler. All of the deliciousness, none of the work. And it adds a bit of crunch you don't get in pie. I'll never make another pie. I use Fannie Farmer's recipe.

by Anonymousreply 82September 19, 2019 10:00 AM

I'm so jealous of you Americans with all your pies.

In England we're more sponge people.

Treacle Sponge and custard is a great favourite of mine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83September 19, 2019 10:08 AM

Sponge is cake, r83?

by Anonymousreply 84September 19, 2019 10:20 AM

[quote]I would like to see the US try some savory pies - I think it would take off.

Am I a joke to you?

by Anonymousreply 85September 19, 2019 10:25 AM

[quote]Sponge is cake, [R83]?

No I'm referring to it as dessert.

Chocolate sponge with chocolate custard is also nothing to be scoffed at.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86September 19, 2019 10:38 AM

[quote]I would like to see the US try some savory pies - I think it would take off.

They need to get themselves some Pie & Mash shops

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87September 19, 2019 10:40 AM

Pie & Mash

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88September 19, 2019 10:40 AM

R82, Fannie Farmer's recipe for apple or peach cobbler is linked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89September 19, 2019 11:45 AM

[R4] gg

by Anonymousreply 90October 11, 2019 3:24 AM

I hate pies. Keep your fruit out of my pastry.

by Anonymousreply 91October 11, 2019 3:28 AM

The only time it's worth going to the extra trouble of making your own pie crust is if it's a double-crust pie, or galette. If it's just a single-crust pie, then it's not worth the hassle because the crust is almost an afterthought anyway. It cuts your prep time in half.

The best frozen pie crust I've found is Wholly Wholesome. It works great for a single crust pie. They make a whole wheat version which is terrible, so make sure you get the "Traditional" one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92October 11, 2019 3:40 AM

I have seen gooseberries for sale once, at a farm stand in Upstate New York. My folks would have currant jelly from the supermarket instead of cranberry sauce with chicken decades ago, so there must be domestic currant production?

by Anonymousreply 93October 11, 2019 3:49 AM

Not only are the pies 'out of this world' in Pie Town, NM, they're using big heavy metal thingies to look for alien civilizations!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94October 13, 2019 7:33 PM

Iā€™ll take donuts and cider please and thank you. Not QUITE pie season yet !

by Anonymousreply 95October 13, 2019 7:39 PM

R95 Apple Cider donuts dusted in cinnamon sugar.

by Anonymousreply 96October 13, 2019 10:56 PM

I;m about to head to the grocery store for a pie. Thanks bitches

by Anonymousreply 97October 13, 2019 11:02 PM

Fig pies FTW

by Anonymousreply 98October 13, 2019 11:03 PM

Key Lime Pie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99October 13, 2019 11:14 PM

I made this last night. We loved it. I actually used a square dish and did not use mugs. Delicious. I saw the recipe on the kitchen tv show. Although, the ingredients need to be doubled or tripled, because Jeffā€™s recipe did not look like the one on the kitchen.

If you make it I would love to know your thoughts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100October 13, 2019 11:17 PM

R100, I saved that recipe to make this Fall. Did you like it?

by Anonymousreply 101October 14, 2019 12:33 AM

R101 I really liked it. I added almonds. I feel the recipe definitely needs some tweaking, but we were pleasantly surprised. Very easy to make, too.

by Anonymousreply 102October 14, 2019 12:34 AM

But isn't the mug too hot to cradle?

by Anonymousreply 103October 14, 2019 4:14 AM

R103 luckily, we do not have Fibromyalgia. šŸ˜‡

by Anonymousreply 104October 14, 2019 4:29 AM

Are there any good pies made with red currants?

by Anonymousreply 105October 14, 2019 2:48 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 106September 14, 2020 8:27 PM

I made chicken pot pie for dinner yesterday and bought a delicious cherry lattice top pie.

by Anonymousreply 107September 14, 2020 8:57 PM

gurl, it's pie season all year long

by Anonymousreply 108September 14, 2020 9:05 PM

I want pie!

by Anonymousreply 109September 14, 2020 9:15 PM

Why isnā€™t orange meringue a thing?

by Anonymousreply 110September 14, 2020 9:19 PM

A pie made with apples and cranberries sounds good!

by Anonymousreply 111September 14, 2020 9:33 PM

Get yourself some Krusteaz pie crust mix! Easy peasy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112September 14, 2020 9:36 PM

Piecrusts intimidate me and take too long! Iā€™d rather have a fruit crisp or cobbler. This crisp mix is excellent! They also sell a mix for a cobbler as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113September 14, 2020 9:41 PM

I love pecan pie but usually only have it once a year. I would love to have a vat of that gooey good stuff in it.

by Anonymousreply 114September 14, 2020 9:46 PM

This thread has made me think of chicken pot pie. I haven't thought of it in years. I may actually buy one at the grocery store. The Swanson ones that are total heart attack bombs. I hope I don't step on to the slippery slope of eating more than one. Hello death, hello oblivion, hello EMT visits...

by Anonymousreply 115September 14, 2020 11:06 PM

Gilding the lily but amazing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116September 14, 2020 11:11 PM

R116 that looks delicious but not even looking at the recipe looks very difficult!

by Anonymousreply 117September 14, 2020 11:56 PM

[quote] Why isnā€™t orange meringue a thing?

Because orange chiffon had it killed.

by Anonymousreply 118September 15, 2020 12:23 AM

R115 Try a Marie Calendar chicken pot pie. They put Swanson to shame. And they come in turkey and beef as well. Bon appetit!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119September 15, 2020 5:21 PM

You can make a deconstructed pot pie by cooking the filling like a stew and then putting puff pastry or a biscuit on top.

by Anonymousreply 120September 15, 2020 9:19 PM

Aight kweens.

What kind of apples do you use in your apple pie? Me, I like a pulpy cooking apple like a Cortland with a lil bit of Granny Smith. Served warm with ice cream, natch.

by Anonymousreply 121September 15, 2020 9:32 PM

Strawberry shortcake!!

by Anonymousreply 122October 19, 2020 12:50 PM

How it Dutch Apple different to regular Apple?

by Anonymousreply 123October 19, 2020 12:57 PM

My husband and I used to own a furniture store and every once in a while we would get a "Pie Safe" for our inventory. Our running joke was there's no such thing as a safe pie for us.

Watching the Great British Bake-Off, I'm really curious about British pies. Evidently, American pies (and desserts in general) are way sweeter than the Brits are used to. I'm dying to try a Bakewell Tart. Also, as someone up thread said, they make savory pies all the time. My only exposure to savory is a chicken pot pie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124October 19, 2020 1:34 PM

First I have to say that apple pie is #1. But sweet potato pie and lemon meringue pie, Key Lime, fresh blueberries, or raspberries are excellent, and peach pie. I love peach pie.

by Anonymousreply 125October 19, 2020 1:41 PM

I'm not an adventurous eater so I'd never do a kidney pie or anything weird. But when we were kids my mother bought chicken pot pies and beef pot pies at the supermarket and we'd have them for lunch or snacks. They were handy and they weren't bad. I haven't had a beef pie in ages, but I love chicken pot pie. I make my own.

by Anonymousreply 126October 19, 2020 1:46 PM

My favorite pie is rhubarb pie (NOT strawberry rhubarb), so pie season for me is already over except for what's in the freezer.

by Anonymousreply 127October 19, 2020 1:51 PM

Learn how to make your own chicken pot pie -- it's not that hard and a shit ton healthier and tastier than anything from the grocery store.

by Anonymousreply 128October 19, 2020 1:55 PM

[quote] How it Dutch Apple different to regular Apple?

Dutch Apple is made while wearing clogs.

by Anonymousreply 129October 19, 2020 2:19 PM

What about cream pies!? šŸ‘ šŸ’¦

by Anonymousreply 130October 19, 2020 2:20 PM

Do fat whores really need a season to rejoice?

by Anonymousreply 131October 19, 2020 2:25 PM

Why do White people eat pumpkin pie? Sweet potato pie is far superior

by Anonymousreply 132October 19, 2020 2:34 PM

[quote]Do fat whores really need a season to rejoice?

Indeed. To every pie, turn, turn, turn, there is a season.

by Anonymousreply 133October 19, 2020 2:44 PM

Dropped pie

by Anonymousreply 134October 19, 2020 2:49 PM

I prefer a good pate sucre for my pieces. They're more sturdy for filling. I also cut in half the amount of confectioner's sugar I must add to it

by Anonymousreply 135October 19, 2020 3:43 PM

Floor pie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136October 19, 2020 4:22 PM

Fur pie

by Anonymousreply 137October 19, 2020 4:23 PM

Thank you all for reminding me about pie.

by Anonymousreply 138October 19, 2020 4:55 PM

You'd forgotten?

by Anonymousreply 139October 19, 2020 4:58 PM

R83 here - thank you for "liking" my post. It reminded me I had a treacle sponge in my fridge. Just what I needed after a very tough day.

by Anonymousreply 140October 19, 2020 9:01 PM

r123 Dutch apple usually has a crumb or streusel top crust.

by Anonymousreply 141October 19, 2020 9:24 PM

[quote] It reminded me I had a treacle sponge in my fridge.

This is the most British sentence you will read on DL today.

by Anonymousreply 142October 19, 2020 9:25 PM

I should have mentioned the custard, R142.

by Anonymousreply 143October 19, 2020 9:32 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 144November 23, 2020 8:45 PM

I made a chocolate cream pie for Thanksgiving (with a 'Nilla Wafer crumb crust). So deliciously decadent!! Fortunately, the husband and I are both fat whores.

by Anonymousreply 145November 30, 2020 9:29 PM

Can you see your dick?

by Anonymousreply 146November 30, 2020 9:31 PM

R15 made me retch.

by Anonymousreply 147November 30, 2020 9:35 PM

I used to get a three berry pie at the farmerā€™s market. So juicy!!

by Anonymousreply 148November 30, 2020 9:36 PM

I've made this Double-Bottom Blueberry, Lemon and Pecan Pie for over a decade and it always creates a sensation. It's absolutely delicious!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149November 30, 2020 10:13 PM

I recently saw this North Carolina Lemon Pie on Cook's Country (America's Test Kitchen) and I'll be making it soon. It looks delicious and I've never gotten a bad recipe from them in 20 years. The crust of this pie is made with saltines & corn syrup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150November 30, 2020 10:19 PM

r114, that exactly why I hate pecan pies- that gooey stuff is disgusting. Now pecan tarts, yes please. Pumpkin, sweet potato, any crumbles, most fruit, banana creme, and key lime. Chocolate pies gross me out. Loved the little mince pies that they sold at the London train stations (although I'm sure the quality wasn't the best).

I've noticed a small coffee shop here featuring savory New Zealand pies, should I try it next time I pass by? What makes them so special? I do like savory pot pies.

by Anonymousreply 151November 30, 2020 10:25 PM

Itā€™s one of my favorite pies, r150. That crust is unique, plus it is hard to screw up lemon curd.

by Anonymousreply 152November 30, 2020 10:26 PM

Thanks R152. I can't wait to try it!

by Anonymousreply 153November 30, 2020 10:28 PM

Speaking of Cook's Country -- the current season has a recipe for Pennsylvania Dutch Apple Pie that includes MELTED ICE CREAM in the filling. That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard of.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154November 30, 2020 10:39 PM

Oh Wow, R154. I can imagine the ice cream adding a creaminess to the filling that's a delicious contrast to the sharpness of the apples. Bookmarked! Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 155November 30, 2020 10:48 PM

A bakery here sold a pie that was layers of pumpkin/cheesecake/pecan. It looked heavenly. But I have been dieting so for Thanksgiving I just bought a pumpkin pie since it is lower in calories and the leftovers wouldn't tempt me too much.

by Anonymousreply 156November 30, 2020 11:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!