Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Twinks are dying from vaping

The opium of their generation.

What was playing on their Snapchat?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103October 22, 2019 6:21 PM

[quote]Twinks are dying from vaping

Good, they're all fucking useless.

by Anonymousreply 1September 11, 2019 11:43 PM

I’m glad. I detest vapers. I hope they all die.

by Anonymousreply 2September 11, 2019 11:45 PM

Why are their parents letting them vape in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 3September 11, 2019 11:51 PM

La Huuu Man EEE Tay!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 12, 2019 12:19 AM

Please God no! Not the twinks!!

by Anonymousreply 5September 12, 2019 12:21 AM

DARWINISM

by Anonymousreply 6September 12, 2019 12:39 AM

Surely a headline like that will get the government to act with some urgency on the issue!

by Anonymousreply 7September 12, 2019 12:56 AM

Is vaping related to the smelly feet, big lips, and huge veiny dongs?

by Anonymousreply 8September 12, 2019 1:02 AM

well this is a step up from when we talking about all the serial killer twinks. Vaping seems kind of pleasant in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 9September 12, 2019 1:09 AM

Idiotic.

by Anonymousreply 10September 12, 2019 8:15 AM

Didn't Courtney Love make propaganda for e-cig companies? And now she's grandstanding against companies responsible for the opioid addiction crisis?

by Anonymousreply 11September 12, 2019 9:28 AM

Courtney Love is a cunt.

I wouldn't be surprised if Frances Bean is one of these kids vaping and on death's door.

by Anonymousreply 12September 12, 2019 9:34 AM

The most recent vaping death was actually a 56-year-old woman. I wonder if we'll be seeing more middle aged people dying as they try to quit smoking via vaping.

by Anonymousreply 13September 12, 2019 9:40 AM

Was the 56 year old woman Courtney Love?

by Anonymousreply 14September 12, 2019 10:06 AM

Actually isn't Trump already blathering on and on about vaping R7? That old woman who died was in Kansas so he's probably shitting bricks that his base is going to kick off before 2020. If opioids don't get 'em vaping will!

by Anonymousreply 15September 12, 2019 10:10 AM

Let's hope his base dies from vaping!

by Anonymousreply 16September 12, 2019 10:38 AM

Well is vaping doesn't get them, climate change will.

by Anonymousreply 17September 12, 2019 10:40 AM

No one is dying from vaping. They’re dying from black market THC, probably laced with fentanyl. But the FDA doesn’t like vaping, so they’re taking it off the market.

Never you mind that it’s been known since about 1947 that cigarettes cause cancer, but perish the thought of taking those off the market.

by Anonymousreply 18September 12, 2019 10:44 AM

Funny how every time right-wing propaganda gets massively upvoted here despite most DLrs being liberal. Case in point: r18.

by Anonymousreply 19September 12, 2019 3:52 PM

I’ve always thought this vaping shit looked stupid and always assumed it was not as safe as people claimed.

by Anonymousreply 20September 12, 2019 3:57 PM

What is the logic behind lacing drugs with fentanyl? Honest question, it seems like a lot of trouble for drug dealers to go through, especially since they would be killing their own customers.

by Anonymousreply 21September 12, 2019 4:00 PM

There is no fentanyl in vape juice. The exact cause or chemical causing the illnesses isn't known yet.

There is probably a contaminant in the vape juice. It could be as simple as oil. Oil is very toxic when inhaled into the lungs, causing potentially fatal pneumonia.

There is no chain of custody for vaping products. You don't know where your juice came from. As with so many things, it's probably from China.

Personally I'd like to see regulation over banning, but we love to be tough on drugs™, so expect those flavored vapes to go away. However, there's nothing stopping people from adding flavor (pastry and candy flavorings are popular with this crowd) to unflavored vape juice.

by Anonymousreply 22September 12, 2019 6:51 PM

R18 wins. This has moral panic written all over it. I would bet all of the politicians exploiting the fear factor get big money from Big Tobacco. It’s so obvious.

by Anonymousreply 23September 12, 2019 7:09 PM

Street drugs are notorious for being “cut” with inexpensive fillers, R21. Fentanyl is cheap and mimics the effects of other drugs, so dealers can maximize profits with a final product that still gets people effectively high, but dangerously so with Fentanyl.

by Anonymousreply 24September 12, 2019 7:12 PM

Street drugs are notorious for being “cut” with inexpensive fillers, R21. Fentanyl is cheap and mimics the effects of other drugs, so dealers can maximize profits with a final product that still gets people effectively high, but dangerously so with Fentanyl.

by Anonymousreply 25September 12, 2019 7:12 PM

Affluenza

by Anonymousreply 26September 12, 2019 7:46 PM

Count me in as a bitter eldergay. For the past few years I've worked at a university, and I find the young ones so tiresome and dull. They rarely look up from their smartphones to take in whatever is going on right in front of them. They often can't write a simple sentence, never mind a full paragraph. Desperate for constant praise and amusement, they have no concept of what a full workday looks like. And they look like idiots when they take up stupid habits like vaping.

by Anonymousreply 27September 12, 2019 8:06 PM

Are they quitting?

by Anonymousreply 28September 19, 2019 11:58 PM

Well, I guess they’ll just have to go back to sucking their thumbs.

by Anonymousreply 29September 20, 2019 12:01 AM

The only reason this corrupt government is going after the vaping industry is, because the vaping industry didn't bribe the right people (aka Trump).

by Anonymousreply 30September 20, 2019 12:03 AM

Yes lets allow cigarettes and marijuana but ban vapes, which when used as intended, are far less harmful.

by Anonymousreply 31September 20, 2019 12:03 AM

R19 How is R18 right wing propangada? Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 32September 20, 2019 12:06 AM

[quote]Funny how every time right-wing propaganda gets massively upvoted here despite most DLrs being liberal.

It's pretty easy to get upvotes, r19, since you can usually upvote yourself multiple times.

by Anonymousreply 33September 20, 2019 12:07 AM

R19 Complain about those kids vaping while you get high every night.

by Anonymousreply 34September 20, 2019 12:08 AM

R33 It was upvoted because he's right and basically says everything there is to be said about the subject.

by Anonymousreply 35September 20, 2019 12:09 AM

I don't know anyone who vapes. Is it that common?

by Anonymousreply 36September 20, 2019 12:10 AM

R19, what is "right-wing" about R18, other than the fact that you, apparently, don't agree with it.

by Anonymousreply 37September 20, 2019 12:11 AM

Old people don't vape R36.

by Anonymousreply 38September 20, 2019 12:12 AM

A woman in my office just quit smoking cigarettes and has taken to vaping behind her closed office door. I think she’s in her late 20s, early 30s.

by Anonymousreply 39September 20, 2019 12:12 AM

R35, that may well be the case but it's impossible to tell since, as you saw in R33, it's ridiculously easy to upvote yourself. I have no opinion one way or another on R18's post.

by Anonymousreply 40September 20, 2019 12:15 AM

r36, you know people who vape. You just think you don't. Many people who vape do so to cut down on their smoking habit, which they're probably keeping a secret from you.

I was a secret smoker for years. If vaping had been available 20 years ago, I would have quit much sooner. By the way, I'm 62.

by Anonymousreply 41September 20, 2019 12:15 AM

Are there vaping dens where twinks lay around like immobilized corpses?

by Anonymousreply 42September 20, 2019 12:15 AM

Generation Z stands for Generation Zombie. Well at least they've moved on from eating tide pods it seems.

by Anonymousreply 43September 20, 2019 12:16 AM

R41, well, I doubt they're keeping it a secret from me specifically. Maybe in general in their lives--but I do know a lot of people a generation above me (I'm 40) who smoke marijuana for pain relief (cancer, parkinson's, back, etc.) and are involved with the statewide campaign to fully legalize here in Florida. But I'm unaware of anyone who vapes.

Have you gone from vaping to quitting entirely? And if so, how long was that transition?

by Anonymousreply 44September 20, 2019 12:20 AM

God save the twinks!

by Anonymousreply 45September 20, 2019 3:27 AM

They would have eventually died from something.

by Anonymousreply 46September 20, 2019 4:18 AM

When it comes to vape juice, the majority of juices that are sold contain mostly Propylene Glycol and/or Vegetable Glycerin and can have as little as 3 mg of nicotine or even none at all. The harm comes when people add other chemicals or oils. Somehow we trust people to use cigarettes and marijuana responsibly, yet vaping, which helps a lot of people curb their smoking habit, is targeted for banning? It's very suspect.

by Anonymousreply 47September 20, 2019 4:30 AM

I thought vape juice was a mix of vanilla extract and grape juice.

by Anonymousreply 48September 20, 2019 4:35 AM

Vape juice is gen z cum mixed with their own sweat plus nicotine.

by Anonymousreply 49September 20, 2019 4:55 PM

This is really stupid that teens picked up this habit. Perhaps as stupid as their parents allowing them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 20, 2019 7:17 PM

R50 Nobody can be as perfect as you.

by Anonymousreply 51September 20, 2019 9:33 PM

It started off as a good move - delivering nicotine without the tar and chemicals. But it drifted into flavours, and then drug delivery. What did people think - every silly liquid they put into this would be inoffensive for the lungs? It is quite dumb.

by Anonymousreply 52September 20, 2019 9:36 PM

R27, you sound really stupid. You make generalizations about people younger than you, because you don't have the self-awareness to know that people said the same thing about your generation. People of all ages are on their phones all day (including you, I'm guessing) and people of all ages vape

by Anonymousreply 53September 20, 2019 9:39 PM

R43, as if there aren't tons of people your age doing stupid shit. Like voting for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 54September 20, 2019 9:41 PM

I have been vaping for years and am really angry about this. It's going to be very stressful.

by Anonymousreply 55September 20, 2019 9:48 PM

Why must we ban everything? First plastic straws, then vapes, then a meat tax. Just leave us the fuck alone already.

by Anonymousreply 56September 20, 2019 9:50 PM

Dead Twinks Vaping could be our subreddit .....

by Anonymousreply 57September 20, 2019 9:50 PM

Almost forgot, we can't have Craigslist or personals either. I thought we were living in a free country.

by Anonymousreply 58September 20, 2019 9:51 PM

R30 you're the only one on the money, honey.

[quote] A number of companies and advocacy groups opposed legislation to regulate and tax e-cigarettes — including big tobacco companies like Altria Group, Ballantyne Brands, Hay Island Holding, Reynolds American and Swedish Match AB, which all have opposed legislation to regulate and tax e-cigarettes. The most well-known e-cigarette brand is Juul, which held three-quarters of the U.S. e-cigarette market at the end of 2018. In December of that year, Altria — the parent company of Philip Morris USA — bought a 35 percent stake in Juul. Altria Group spent more than $10 million on lobbying in 2018, while Juul spent $1.6 million. Altria's PAC also spent $2.3 million on the 2018 midterms, three-quarters of which went to Republicans. Spending by the tobacco industry as a whole has been roughly constant over the last decades. Lobbying spending was $23 million in 2018. Political contributions from the industry totaled $5.6 million during the midterm cycle and favored Republicans over Democrats. The top recipient, however, was Sen. Tim Kaine% (D-Va.), who received nearly $64,000 in contributions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59September 20, 2019 9:54 PM

Why aren't they safe? There will be a million lawsuits...it is a crazy world.

by Anonymousreply 60September 20, 2019 9:58 PM

Maybe all the vaping is causing their stinky feet.

by Anonymousreply 61September 20, 2019 11:12 PM

Hardly anyone has died from vaping

by Anonymousreply 62September 20, 2019 11:32 PM

Isn't Barron Trump vaping?

What's the appeal of these stupid things?

by Anonymousreply 63September 21, 2019 5:37 PM

R63 Vaping allows you to curb your smoking habit or gradually decrease your nicotine intake. Most people find the habit of smoking as addictive as the nicotine, so vaping allows you to continue the habit but with less or none of the negative effects. They also taste better than cigarettes.

by Anonymousreply 64September 21, 2019 5:49 PM

R64 OK I sorta get that. But why is it popular with teens who probably don't have some longlasting cigarette nicotine habit?

by Anonymousreply 65September 21, 2019 5:52 PM

R65 Whose to say they wouldn't have taken up cigarettes had the vaping option not been available? Most people I know who vape though are former smokers or those trying to cut back. It also has the added benefit of helping curb your sweet tooth.

by Anonymousreply 66September 21, 2019 5:57 PM

It only matters if the HAWT guys are dying.

by Anonymousreply 67September 21, 2019 5:59 PM

[quote] But why is it popular with teens

They think it makes them look cool and sophisticated, not unlike how stupid teens in the 80s and 90s thought smoking cigarettes made them look cooler and older.

by Anonymousreply 68September 21, 2019 6:17 PM

R68 Yet nobody is talking about banning cigarettes. If most people back legalizing marijuana, then it makes no sense to go after vaping.

by Anonymousreply 69September 21, 2019 6:22 PM

[quote]Hardly anyone has died from vaping

Before these cases began coming to light (in order to push a ban), the only death-by-vaping / or vape causing injuries I had heard of were the ones caused by exploding vape pens.

A 24-year-old man was killed in Texas last week when his vape pen exploded — slicing open his carotid artery and leaving his grandmother’s car covered in blood.

When the 17-year-old boy arrived at Primary Children’s Hospital in Salt Lake City, his entire jaw was cracked and a chunk of the bone had been completely shattered. Several of his teeth were missing and there was a hole in his chin.

A man has been scarred for life with third-degree burns after his vape melted his pants and exploded “like a rocket.”

A 35-year-old suffered second-degree burns after authorities say her vape pen exploded in her hands.

by Anonymousreply 70September 21, 2019 6:34 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71September 21, 2019 9:42 PM

[quote] A man has been scarred for life with third-degree burns after his vape melted his pants and exploded “like a rocket.”

This is why you don't wear synthetic fiber around flames.

by Anonymousreply 72September 22, 2019 1:01 PM

Are they still dying?

by Anonymousreply 73October 4, 2019 6:17 AM

Yes. Up to 18 now and counting.

He’s the thing, this would be on the news 24/7 of it wasn’t for the huge, fumbling wilderbeast thrashing around Washington breaking everything in site.

These poor people, nobody would have ever thought they would die within days of vaping a toxic cartridge.

What a freak thing. I hope they get to the bottom of this but in the meantime, no vapes for me!

by Anonymousreply 74October 4, 2019 6:45 AM

“Are they still dying?”

Yes. The vapers are getting the vapors, except the fainting looks permanent.

by Anonymousreply 75October 4, 2019 6:45 AM

This epidemic has killed less than twenty people this year.

On average, across any 48hrs, we also lose…

500 to Medical errors

300 to the Flu

250 to Suicide

200 to Car Accidents

40 to Homicide via Handgun

Often our emotions respond more to spectacle than to data.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 4, 2019 6:46 AM

Yes but 1000 have been hospitalized and some were reported on life support. And probably brain dead but not dead yet.

This is so crazy. I just had one of these like a month ago. I don’t vape regularly but it just takes one bad batch and you’re dead. There is some kind of poison in there something toxic like fentenal or arcenic.

by Anonymousreply 77October 4, 2019 6:56 AM

R76 that didn’t go over to well the first time.

by Anonymousreply 78October 4, 2019 6:57 AM

God Save The Twinks!

by Anonymousreply 79October 4, 2019 6:58 AM

Barron eez smoking zee vapes. I tell Donuhlt to outlaw it. Vapes not be best

by Anonymousreply 80October 4, 2019 7:16 AM

Gen Z's first epidemic

by Anonymousreply 81October 4, 2019 7:24 AM

Vape juices are not being cut with fentanyl! The long-term health consequences of inhaling propyl glycol and vegetable glycerin still aren't fully known but it's a fairly safe bet they're less harmful than cigarettes. The vape-related deaths are due to an as-yet unidentified additive. Some of the deaths were attributed to lipid(oil) pneumonia but another recent study has pointed to chemical toxicity. Most of the dead were thought to have been vaping THC but there are some instances where they're reported to have only vaped flavored nicotine juice. The vape industry is a wild-west, with all sorts of unregulated players offering all sorts of unregulated products with all sorts of additives. It's a developing story so if you vape, keep yourself informed.

by Anonymousreply 82October 4, 2019 7:41 AM

gimme a break, ide rather smell them, they don't smell much, than god dam cigs which kill 100 times more people.

nanny state go away....

by Anonymousreply 83October 4, 2019 7:54 AM

R58 > all you bitches

by Anonymousreply 84October 4, 2019 8:01 AM

Gen Z is retarded. If you're gonna die from something, at least die from some illicit narcotic that gives you an actual high, not a God damned cigarette lite!

by Anonymousreply 85October 4, 2019 8:02 AM

It’s not fentanyl. You would be seeing sudden deaths and lots of instances of respiratory arrest soon after inhaling.

The progression of what is occurring with the pulmonary system is consistent with chemical toxicity. It’s similar to what happens if there’s a chemical spill at an industrial site and the worker inhales fumes and ends up with severe and acute respiratory system burns and long term damage, if they survive. I think this is only going to get worse as time goes on, and unfortunately there’s going to be lots more deaths within the large number of people currently admitted in hospitals.

by Anonymousreply 86October 4, 2019 8:42 AM

Kids, cape don't vape!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87October 4, 2019 9:06 AM

I'd be scared to suck off a Gen Z now. Their cum is probably filled with this toxic vape juice.

by Anonymousreply 88October 4, 2019 11:32 AM

R88, coming from some eldergay who probably smokes 3 packs a day....

by Anonymousreply 89October 4, 2019 2:37 PM

I also believe it's the THC oils that are killing these kids. Vaping has been around for, what, 10 years now? "ALL THESE DEATHS" in the past several months? Sounds like hysteria and misinformation to me. Why are all these deaths happening out of nowhere? I feel bad for all the vape store owners across Michigan who had to close their businesses because of impulsive decisions by the state government.

by Anonymousreply 90October 4, 2019 2:54 PM

Are they banning this?

by Anonymousreply 91October 4, 2019 9:34 PM

A half million dead a year from tobacco related illness and disease and they rush to ban this?

by Anonymousreply 92October 4, 2019 9:39 PM

R92 LOL. Manipulated statistic.

by Anonymousreply 93October 4, 2019 9:57 PM

Whether manipulated or not. Thousand die each year from tobacco related causes. Ban tobacco. And maybe guns too. And gun shops.

by Anonymousreply 94October 4, 2019 10:38 PM

Nearly 1,300 injuries and 29 deaths in the U.S. have been tied to vaping. These twinks are SO dumb!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95October 15, 2019 7:45 AM

that thing at R95 looks like a crackpipe. Are we sure they're not smoking other things?

by Anonymousreply 96October 15, 2019 7:56 AM

tide pods still legal?

by Anonymousreply 97October 16, 2019 12:36 AM

Never seen an e-cig before, r96? FFS, some of you people are sheltered.

by Anonymousreply 98October 16, 2019 6:46 AM

OP Not twinks, hipsters.

by Anonymousreply 99October 16, 2019 6:49 AM

All I see are little high school children vaping. It baffles me that they think this is edgy and cool. Vaping seems like all Gen Z

by Anonymousreply 100October 16, 2019 7:13 AM

This new batch of twinks are a mess!

by Anonymousreply 101October 16, 2019 7:26 PM

Used to vape, tried a disposable from the dispensary and it was just lacking, originally vaped ground leaf in a Haze from my delivery service but that's another substance. Tried using ecigs when they were relatively new. Stopped when my sister who is a respiratory therapist had gone on at great length about the new problem with former smokers turned vapers, to suffice a lot of suctioning involved.

There's also a tie between big tobacco and vapes atleast juul, in packs of Marlboro cigarettes are 10.00 Juul starter kit coupons.

The whole mess isn't worth it (I LOVED one brand which made coffee flavored nicotine, brilliant! ) Am still using nicotine but I'm back to traditional smoking, and keep to less than 5 daily. Good enough, atleast for now.

by Anonymousreply 102October 16, 2019 8:30 PM

Simple solution: stop vaping!

by Anonymousreply 103October 22, 2019 6:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!