Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The View -- New Improved Thread 20A Season 23 BEGINS!

Because of the constraints placed on the previous thread we are moving on.

Link to prior:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366October 22, 2019 3:55 PM

So Whoopi is going to star in the CBS On Demand version of King's The Stand‽‽‽

LORDY!

by Anonymousreply 1September 11, 2019 9:56 PM

Whoopi Goldberg slams members of Congress who skipped moment of silence

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other members of Congress observed a moment of silence earlier in the day to mark the 18th anniversary of the tragic events, but the outspoken Goldberg wasn’t satisfied with the turnout.

“Not everyone is honoring moments of silence, apparently only 26 percent of House members showed up to the moment of silence on the steps on the Capitol this morning,” Goldberg said after a conversation about public school students honoring the victims.

by Anonymousreply 2September 11, 2019 10:02 PM

So if Whoopi is going to get time off from ABC to film CBS's The Stand, will Ana be brought on again as a semi regular?

Will Joy take the helm as usual?

by Anonymousreply 3September 12, 2019 1:24 AM

Ooh. That would be good. Maybe they can get rid of McMoopants once and for all. She’ll go so nuts without Whoopie blocking for her, they’ll have to can her.

I’m talking chair throwing hissy fIt. Slapping an assistant with a phone on camera.

PLEASE GOD.

by Anonymousreply 4September 12, 2019 1:30 AM

I look forward to Whoopi's absence.

by Anonymousreply 5September 12, 2019 1:32 AM

Didn't they already fuck up The Stand?

I don't want to see Goldberg in any movies. She's a View host, and that's all I see when she's on a movie screen. It's not like she ever had much range.

by Anonymousreply 6September 12, 2019 1:56 AM

Whoopi is most comfortable playing the Wise Outsider.

Her Next Gen Guinan is classic.

by Anonymousreply 7September 12, 2019 2:05 AM

Megun is so delusional - she showed her childhood school picture and says she was a "nerd" and she is good with that as that is how she got to where she is today. Lol, your name got you in that seat and nothing else.

Josephine looks good in her picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 12, 2019 9:04 PM

Abby looked like Pippi Longstocking.

by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2019 6:31 AM

No Ana, again. Hopefully they are saving her for when Whoopi takes her leave to make the movie.

by Anonymousreply 10September 13, 2019 3:02 PM

OMG. Meghan just asked Kim Kardashian the following question: "I always ask people who have iconic fathers who have passed: how do you grieve when the entire world knows who your dad was and wants to be involved because it's been very challenging for me and your dad is extremely famous and always will be"

Oh, PLEASE.

by Anonymousreply 11September 13, 2019 3:56 PM

I do a sex tape. Try that, Meghan. It's very healing.

by Anonymousreply 12September 13, 2019 4:00 PM

It was a good episode today UNTIL the Kardashian crap.

I think The Arizona Princess of White Privilege needs to have Maryanne W shove crystals into her.

by Anonymousreply 13September 13, 2019 6:51 PM

Scheduled guests for the week of SEPTEMBER 16-20 are as follows (subject to change):

Monday, Sept. 16– Original moderator of “The View,” Meredith Vieira (host, “25 Words or Less”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Sept. 17– Day of Hot Topics

Wednesday, Sept. 18– Chelsea Handler (“Hello, Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea”)

Thursday, Sept. 19– Hugh Bonneville, Laura Carmichael, Jim Carter, Michelle Dockery and Allen Leech (“Downton Abbey”)

Friday, Sept. 20– “The Handmaid’s Tale” author, Margaret Atwood (book, “The Testaments”)

by Anonymousreply 14September 13, 2019 8:37 PM

They should do a segment on Dementia and have Barbara Walters return to the table.

by Anonymousreply 15September 13, 2019 8:38 PM

Margaret Atwood vs. Megunt. That’s going to be fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 16September 13, 2019 8:55 PM

I wonder if Whoopi is going to work Fridays till she is released to work on The Stand. (The only book I ever tore into pieces and BURNED because the ending was such a piece of crap and rendered the rest of the book a waste of my time after 700+pages!)

by Anonymousreply 17September 13, 2019 9:22 PM

But I did pre-order Whoopi's entertaining book.

I am a TTQ.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 14, 2019 6:13 AM

"Chacha met her Uncle @JoeBiden in Miami today. We both think America should never again elect (even though not by the popular vote), a President who is not capable of showing affection to animals. It’s a bad, bad sign."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 15, 2019 10:48 PM

Ana, he is not capable of showing affection to HIS CHILDREN.

Sociopaths rarely do.

by Anonymousreply 20September 16, 2019 12:39 AM

I'm looking forward to Meredith Vieira today, wish we could keep her.

by Anonymousreply 21September 16, 2019 2:12 PM

No Joy today.

by Anonymousreply 22September 16, 2019 3:04 PM

Sunny seems to be warming back up to Megun, ugh.

by Anonymousreply 23September 16, 2019 3:33 PM

This Adam Glassman View Your Deal guy needs to put a little oomph into his "Take a little time to enjoy the view", his delivery is akin to "I'm sorry for your loss".

by Anonymousreply 24September 16, 2019 4:20 PM

The View’s Abby Huntsman Wrecks the NY Times‘ ‘Sloppy’ Kavanaugh Story: ‘Congratulations!’ You’re Helping Re-Elect Trump

Huntsman sounded off on the Gray Lady over the book excerpt it ran detailing new salacious allegations against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh — which it walked back in an editor’s note. Huntsman recalled reading the paper with her father growing up, and argued that the Times isn’t the same paper anymore.

“[W]e’re in this place where there isn’t a difference many times between tabloid news and a New York Times article,” she said. “And that to me is really sad, and frankly, it plays into the president’s hands. When he talks about the media, it plays right into his base.”

Huntsman went on to argue that the article could help President Donald Trump win a second term.

“So New York Times, congratulations!” Huntsman said. “If the president gets re-elected, you are helping him get there! Because when you write pieces like this, it’s sloppy and it’s lazy.”

[quote] Editors’ Note: Sept. 15, 2019 An earlier version of this article, which was adapted from a forthcoming book, did not include one element of the book’s account regarding an assertion by a Yale classmate that friends of Brett Kavanaugh pushed his penis into the hand of a female student at a drunken dorm party. The book reports that 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒆𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒅𝒆𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒕. That information has been added to the article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 16, 2019 7:27 PM

Abby is deflecting from the facts of the issue.

If I were a woman who watched what happened to Dr. Ford after she gave testimony, I would "not recall" the incident either.

What woman does not remember a man dropping his genitals, exposed at a party, on her hand?

At no time did she say THIS DID NOT HAPPEN.

by Anonymousreply 26September 16, 2019 9:19 PM

I admire Meredith Vieira so much. She was gorgeous, always the most professional, authentic journalist on the show, she’s funny, she took time off to take care of her sick husband, and she’s aging instead of mutilating her face and she isn’t hiding away afraid to be photographed. Seriously love this woman.

by Anonymousreply 27September 16, 2019 10:03 PM

Anyone else remember this?

Vieira joined 60 Minutes in 1989, following the birth of her first child. Don Hewitt, executive producer of 60 Minutes, allowed her to work part-time for two seasons so she could care for her child. After that, it was arranged that she would work full-time. But after two years, she became pregnant again and asked to continue the part-time arrangement. Hewitt declined her request, firing her, and deciding instead to hire someone who would work full-time. Her departure from the show garnered headlines, as a national debate started to take place about whether women could balance both family and career. She turned down opportunities to co-host CBS's The Early Show and ABC's Good Morning America in the mid-1990s when her children were young.

by Anonymousreply 28September 16, 2019 10:10 PM

R28 I was 11 and I don’t remember it, but I can say it certainly was a smart move for 60 Minutes—if they don’t demand the best, strongest work ethics, how would they give us hard-hitting stories like heiress Anderson Cooper showing us how the rich and famous live it up in Monaco?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 16, 2019 10:14 PM

I’m getting tired of listening to Whoopi bitch about how much she has to pay in taxes. It’s grotesque and shows how out of touch she is. Same with her bitching about her insurance. Bitch, at least you can afford your medical bills with zero stress. Ms. “Rape rape” needs to retire.

by Anonymousreply 30September 16, 2019 10:18 PM

R30 I have always respected Whoopi Goldberg, but I feel the same way about this. I *think* she is trying to represent what she thinks is an average working person’s perspective that isn’t discusses on the show because everyone at the table is rolling in money, but it comes across as tone deaf and bordering on unhinged for an EGOT awardee to sit there bitching about her tax dollars when the country is burning down.

by Anonymousreply 31September 16, 2019 10:21 PM

When they started today's show already seated and with Whoopi all somber talking about "bad news", anyone else think it was going to be about Barbara Walters....and my second thought was "oh no, Joy was out yesterday, hope she's okay.

by Anonymousreply 32September 17, 2019 5:03 PM

Megun: My parents sent me on an outward bound trip in high school in the Australian outback...

Joy: Was that to get rid of you?

by Anonymousreply 33September 18, 2019 3:32 PM

BYE WHOOPI.

by Anonymousreply 34September 18, 2019 4:50 PM

Abby telling the story of how she was in some rich person's UES (or UWS?) apt and she was taking notes and her pen exploded on their white sofa, is this a hint she is doing another one of her hard hitting interviews? Who is it this time, Tiffany? Eric? Abby being portrayed as some serious reporter snagging big interviews is laughable.

Oh and John McCain's daughter countering Chelsea Handler's white privilege conversation with "me and Abby have bi-racial families", SMH.

by Anonymousreply 35September 18, 2019 5:42 PM

"me and Abby"???

by Anonymousreply 36September 18, 2019 5:45 PM

I may be paraphrasing on the "me and Abby", when she opens her mouth all I hear is MeMeMe, she may have said Abby and I or Abby and Me.....the rest remains accurate.

by Anonymousreply 37September 18, 2019 5:50 PM

Whoopi’s hair today was terrifying

by Anonymousreply 38September 18, 2019 7:35 PM

Somewhere there is a mop that's now just a stick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 18, 2019 10:01 PM

😂 ^

by Anonymousreply 40September 18, 2019 10:54 PM

When Meghan said that she and Abby have "biracial families" shouldn't she have said integrated?

People are biracial, families are integrated, no?

by Anonymousreply 41September 19, 2019 12:56 AM

[Can someone go to the treason 116 thread and post that it has gone pay walled? Moving to 117 would be good. ]

by Anonymousreply 42September 19, 2019 1:15 AM

Whoopi looks ridiculous with that stupid thing in her head

by Anonymousreply 43September 19, 2019 1:20 AM

Thank you r 537 from the Treason thread. If you look at the header of this thread it is 20A. As soon as the original View thread 20 went pay walled, I moved to this thread. I am one of the original OPs of this thread and have some right and property to keeping the discussion going.

[Look at the first 20 thread and tell me if you can pinpoint the date and post number it was pay walled.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44September 19, 2019 1:25 AM

r 538 is wrong and you are not emiily litilla .

Now that tiny pic has shut down, where do we post a picture to link to?

by Anonymousreply 45September 19, 2019 1:36 AM

Imgur?

by Anonymousreply 46September 19, 2019 2:12 AM

Thanks r46

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 19, 2019 5:36 AM

And as soon as THIS thread is pay walled, it will be continued.

by Anonymousreply 48September 19, 2019 5:39 AM

So Whoopi is going to film The Stand AND do The View?

Shucks...

by Anonymousreply 49September 19, 2019 8:01 AM

Meghan McCain has invaded my dreamspace. Twice now!

Last night, I dreamed that we were for some reason together somewhere and I made a comment about her books. She leaned into my ear and whispered that, just between us, she had help with her books and wouldn’t say that she actually “wrote” them. I told her that as a writer I am appalled.

A few weeks ago, I dreamed that she and I were on a small boat, and she was laughing like a fool and having a good time. With us was a chunky young woman I used to work with who was a super snob; she used to tell everyone in the office that she has a master’s degree (in history!) and that the menial office work she had to do was beneath her. Her overall attitude and demeanor was very much like McCain’s—just bitter, angry, seething, self-superior. In the dream, she was lounging half in the water and half out of it on these big rocks. The sunlight was such that the surface of the water was like a mirror...and then the clouds broke and a few rays of light went down into the water and I could see that climbing all over the rocks were these gigantic, terrifying looking lobsters. I freaked out and pointed it out to Meghan and she laughed and rolled her eyes and said, “Just leave her. She’ll figure it out herself when they get her.”

This concludes my reportage of my Meghan McCain dream interactions.

by Anonymousreply 50September 19, 2019 10:46 AM

That may take a while, r48. This thread is over a week old and it's only up to 50 replies.

by Anonymousreply 51September 19, 2019 2:11 PM

No Whoopi - HOORAY!

by Anonymousreply 52September 19, 2019 3:01 PM

and Whoopi won't be there Friday either.

by Anonymousreply 53September 19, 2019 3:10 PM

What's with the headband the widow is wearing, is she getting ready to do a facial mask?

Also, is what she is saying about Joe Walsh's past true, he was/is a birther?

by Anonymousreply 54September 19, 2019 3:23 PM

Meghan is so passive aggressive when Joy hosts. She rolls her eyes, acts bored, and argues over things that Joy says that are clearly jokes. (She acts like a teenager who's pissed at her parents.) She sucks the life out of the room. Still, putting up with Meghan's BS is worth the pleasure of having Joy host. Joy's good at hosting, and she has experience (radio show); she's energetic, and she actually appears to give a damn about the show and the topics discussed. If ABC had not fired Joy before they sidelined Barbara, then Joy would have likely inherited the role of host. I hope that when they crawled back to her, she got a lot of money when she agreed to come back.

Over the past year, I've grown to like Abby. She's reasonable, and she can disagree with people while still being civil, polite, warm, and even endearing. I wish the show would dump both Meghan and Whoopi. Then they can meet for coffee daily at 11 a.m. and Whoopi can repeatedly say "Go on, babe" as Meghan whines while failing to appreciate her massive privilege.

by Anonymousreply 55September 19, 2019 3:59 PM

Yay, Ana is back and no Whoopi.

by Anonymousreply 56September 20, 2019 3:01 PM

Oh, shit. Ana to Meghan: Don't scream at me; I'm two feet away.

Meghan was actually dumbfounded for words for a few seconds.

by Anonymousreply 57September 20, 2019 3:11 PM

Megun's Friday Talking Point/Deflection: Julian Assange, Julian Assange, Julian Assange

Oh and I love Ana telling the beast she doesn't need to yell as she is only 2 feet away, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 58September 20, 2019 3:12 PM

I love whoever the camera person was who caught her flouncing off camera. What a bitch. She obviously came back to The View because no other offers panned out. It seems like she and her Nazi husband are radioactive now.

I hope Ana comes on every Friday and knocks her into the dirt every single time.

by Anonymousreply 59September 20, 2019 3:33 PM

I'm disappointed Sunny's cold shoulder towards the beast has thawed.

by Anonymousreply 60September 20, 2019 3:43 PM

Yes, I love Ana. She has such great chemistry with Joy, Sunny, and even Abby. Poor Meghan, not only is her defender/coddler, Whoopi, absent. But Whoopi's temporary replacement won't hesitate to hand Meghan her ass.

by Anonymousreply 61September 20, 2019 3:51 PM

This Margaret Atwood interview is kind of awkward.

by Anonymousreply 62September 20, 2019 3:51 PM

It’s called humor! Ana was on fire today.

by Anonymousreply 63September 20, 2019 6:15 PM

I bet the camera man got reprimanded for catching her stomping off. She's extra nasty when Joy moderates, I picture her husband in her ear saying "it should be you moderating, you bring the ratings, not that 76 year old..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64September 20, 2019 6:25 PM

[quote] you bring the ratings, not that 76 year old..."

If datalounge is representative of The View's audience that may be true. The ratings numbers don't distinguish between fans and hate watchers,

by Anonymousreply 65September 20, 2019 6:37 PM

I believe that is what is termed.....

by Anonymousreply 66September 20, 2019 6:37 PM

Scheduled guests for the week of SEPTEMBER 23-27 are as follows (subject to change):

Monday, Sept. 23– Chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company, Robert Iger (author, “The Ride of a Lifetime”)

Tuesday, Sept. 24– Gwen Stefani (“The Voice”); Ta-Nehisi Coates (author, “The Water Dancer”)

Wednesday, Sept. 25– The Political View with former astronaut and Arizona Democratic Senate candidate Mark Kelly who is running for John McCain’s Senate seat

Thursday, Sept. 26– 2020 Presidential candidate Andrew Yang

Friday, Sept. 27– Bobby Flay (author, “Bobby at Home”)

by Anonymousreply 67September 20, 2019 7:59 PM

So Iger booked himself a blurb-o-mat spot on The View?

by Anonymousreply 68September 20, 2019 8:07 PM

Meghan should have called 911 on the Mexican lady.

by Anonymousreply 69September 20, 2019 8:08 PM

On the West coast they edited out the stomp off but panned to the audience where there were JAWS DROPPING!

by Anonymousreply 70September 20, 2019 9:26 PM

Meghan looked like Danny Devito as The Penguin when she skulked off in that power suit. Go Ana!

Glad Whoopi won't be there when Andrew Yang comes on next week. How nice it will be to miss her fawning over him and pretending he's the first ever person to criticise the big companies and demand they pay taxes.

by Anonymousreply 71September 20, 2019 9:32 PM

Oh, somebody must do a split screen!

by Anonymousreply 72September 20, 2019 9:49 PM

What a fucking bitch. Practically shouting in Navarro's face like some spoiled self indulgent kid. Navarro should have told her to go fuck off.

Sunny with that tea sipping is too much.

by Anonymousreply 73September 20, 2019 10:04 PM

[quote] panned to the audience where there were JAWS DROPPING!

It's The View audience. They were probably breathing through their mouths.

by Anonymousreply 74September 20, 2019 10:18 PM

I want to see the stomp off!

by Anonymousreply 75September 20, 2019 10:42 PM

R75, watch the end of R64's clip.

by Anonymousreply 76September 20, 2019 10:47 PM

Yep, they edited out the rearing of the cloven hooves on the West Coast.

by Anonymousreply 77September 20, 2019 11:33 PM

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 78September 20, 2019 11:33 PM

But that was the best part, r77!

by Anonymousreply 79September 20, 2019 11:36 PM

Slow mo version...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80September 20, 2019 11:37 PM

Bob Iger is one of Bernie’s biggest targets. I cannot stand iger. It’s no wonder they hate Bernie so passionately, they are all doing Igers bidding.

by Anonymousreply 81September 20, 2019 11:43 PM

Another screen grab from my DVR

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82September 20, 2019 11:46 PM

That Access Hwood clip is too much. Those highlighted faces of the shocked audience members are everything!!!

by Anonymousreply 83September 21, 2019 12:17 AM

Comments are suggesting she said something to Ana as she huffed passed her since Ana turned her head towards her....I didn't catch that.

Also ABC had to run extra commercials to accommodate the inaugural hissy fit of Season 23.

by Anonymousreply 84September 21, 2019 12:32 AM

From NBC News:

“Toward the end of the segment on the live episode Friday, the women were all speaking, at which point McCain yelled, "Excuse me!"

"Maybe I was clumsy in the way that I said it," McCain said. She also said that she didn't even know what Navarro had just said.

Navarro, one of the most outspoken Republican critics of Trump and a regular guest on the show, responded: "Don't scream at me, I'm two feet away," which drew audible gasps from the audience.

McCain walked off set and the ABC daytime program then cut to commercial. She returned after the commercial break.“

by Anonymousreply 85September 21, 2019 4:48 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86September 21, 2019 9:36 PM

It would be just peachy if Whoopi were not there on Monday and Ana was.

by Anonymousreply 87September 22, 2019 1:36 AM

I wonder if Meghan will try to get Ana removed from the Friday shows--or perhaps remove herself from the Friday shows--so she doesn't have to deal with someone who stops her from steamrolling.

by Anonymousreply 88September 22, 2019 2:43 AM

I Tweeted to The View, more Ana!

by Anonymousreply 89September 22, 2019 2:55 AM

I can hope that Whoopi's role on the Stand will require her to miss A LOT of days on the View in upcoming weeks.

by Anonymousreply 90September 22, 2019 3:02 AM

Megain is such a seething spoiled bitch how can anyone not hate her?

by Anonymousreply 91September 22, 2019 4:20 PM

Well Whoopi has overstayed her welcome as a host of this show. She make's nonsensical statements like the Democrats should focus on things that help the people during their debates. Alright Whoopi, but did you tell your Republican friends that when they were debating 4 years ago? She capes too hard for white people and Republicans.

If anyone should storm off the show in a huff, it would be Sunny. She is always steamrolled by everyone. I'm happy she lives out a peaceful life with her family that include trips to Martha's Vineyard and the Hamptons.

If Joy leaves, they need to just pack up the show and call it a day. She isn't the most eloquent herself, but at least she's a consistent old bird, unlike Whoopi.

I don't trust Abby, she's smile at your face, talking about how she feels for those attacked by this administration, then go vote for the asshole. Fake

by Anonymousreply 92September 22, 2019 7:57 PM

I like Anna is small doses, like an episode or two, but she talks in bullet points. I know she is very smart, but her instincts lean towards the talking heads short quips for nightly news rather than table discussions. I enjoy her non-political chatter. I'd love to party with Anna.

They had a black conservative commentator guest host a couple of episodes. I can't find her name, but she blended well into the show as a young conservative voice, that had thoughtful responses. I really wish they would make her and Anna interchangeable guest hosts. I'm sure McCaine had her barred from too many appearances because she the real deal, unlike the heiress.

by Anonymousreply 93September 22, 2019 8:06 PM

R93 You may be thinking of Tara Setmayer, I agree she was good on the show and also agree with your thoughts on Ana.

by Anonymousreply 94September 22, 2019 8:50 PM

So will the brat huff off Monday when Bob Iger is there?

by Anonymousreply 95September 22, 2019 9:03 PM

Setmayer is a nice version of Diamond and Silk

by Anonymousreply 96September 22, 2019 9:42 PM

She’ll suck up to Iger, who, of course, will have already seen her stomp-off.

I hope she has another meltdown in front of him so they have no choice but to fire her, but she knows how to play ball with those more powerful than her. Her family has no clout anymore and she knows it. She’ll never be elected to office and neither will her stupid fuck of a husband, she just doesn’t realize this yet, although if I were a betting man, I’d guess she understands that her time in the spotlight is running out.

by Anonymousreply 97September 22, 2019 10:10 PM

No r96, Tara Setmayer is a real deal conservative. Her twitter feed calls out the dog and pony show from Trump. I really wish she was on The View because she has a relevant insight as a party member left behind by her party. She would make for some great TV. Look how she handles McCain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98September 22, 2019 11:08 PM

Tomorrow, I hope Joy tears up Trump for his I did it and it's OK attitude.

by Anonymousreply 99September 23, 2019 5:05 AM

I love how triggered Tara gets Meghan. I wish she were there full time. She's like a black anti trump Meghan, I love seeing them go head to head.

by Anonymousreply 100September 23, 2019 5:36 AM

R100 I love when Tara and Ana validly criticise the administration, and Me-Again has no actual rebuttal to make so she shouts "I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY YOU'RE STILL A REPUBLICAN ANY MORE!!"

by Anonymousreply 101September 23, 2019 6:14 AM

I wonder if they'll ask Iger about the alleged mistreatment of Disney employees.

by Anonymousreply 102September 23, 2019 6:49 AM

Darn Whoopi is back, was hoping for a Whoopi Free Week.

by Anonymousreply 103September 23, 2019 3:04 PM

Bob Iger paying homage to Saint John and his "great" daughter, UGH.

He didn't neglect Abby either, she got her stroking too.

by Anonymousreply 104September 23, 2019 3:39 PM

Is Bob Iger a Republican?

by Anonymousreply 105September 23, 2019 6:23 PM

Disney has had a chain of unique dicks for CEO. Michael Eisner was just louder in his assholery.

by Anonymousreply 106September 23, 2019 6:28 PM

OMG!! I wish the show would either cut Meghan's mike, have a stronger moderator other than Whoopi, fire the Widow McCain or have her walk off and never return. Just in the less than 15 minutes of today's show, she has been unbearable - throwing out tangential talking points, speaking loudly over everyone else, being dismissive to the panel AND the audience and generally being a snotty person. As they were going o break, it seemed like Whoopi FINALLY had enough of her behavior.

by Anonymousreply 107September 24, 2019 3:15 PM

She is so repellent in voice, appearance, attitude and opinion.

by Anonymousreply 108September 24, 2019 3:20 PM

Meghan went to a fake Obama talking point before she addressed Trump's extortion of Ukraine.

Obama did not extort nor make a promise, ya evil cunt.

BRING BACK ANA NAVARRO!!!

by Anonymousreply 109September 24, 2019 10:01 PM

She's going to be in foul mood tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 110September 24, 2019 10:04 PM

hee-hee

by Anonymousreply 111September 24, 2019 10:07 PM

I hope if Trump gets impeached and removed from office, they play all the clips where Meghan talked about impeachment being a losing proposition for the Dems.

by Anonymousreply 112September 24, 2019 10:08 PM

Honestly, she can't do her job properly. Enough with the what aboutism, Meghan. Make a relevant point without blowing up, pouting like a child or trying to shout over your coworkers. She's getting worse and we're only a week into the new season. Things aren't looking good. You can clearly hear her spout off about Greta Thunberg, saying "I'm not even touching this." Because you've been fuming about the last segment and you can't keep up? C'mon. If you're being paid to be a political pundit, be able to stay on the damn topic.

by Anonymousreply 113September 24, 2019 10:12 PM

She may be a Trump hater but she never misses a chance at tearing down the Democrats.

I hope her husbear comes down with a HOT case of gonorrhea

by Anonymousreply 114September 24, 2019 10:34 PM

I still keeping waiting for the studio audience to totally turn on her and start laughing or booing, especially when she turns her bile onto them. How can any producer allow the talent to mock the audience, which is, in effect, also their viewers.

by Anonymousreply 115September 25, 2019 12:58 AM

Whoopi is on Colbert being a bitch to him. He asked how she feels about the impeachment announcement. She said "I don't give a f". She said she wants to talk about her book instead. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 116September 25, 2019 4:07 AM

Ms. Rape Rape just needs to retire. No one cares what she says anymore. She lost her credibility long ago. Bye, bitch. Go cry about your taxes elsewhere. Ms. Piggy is gonna go full swine with this impeachment shit. Can’t wait! Fire Meagain.

by Anonymousreply 117September 25, 2019 4:12 AM

I didn't even know she had written a memoir. And it's called "The Unqualified Hostess". Hmmm...does she read the DL "View" threads?

by Anonymousreply 118September 25, 2019 4:14 AM

Whoopi knows she has 4.5 minutes to talk up her book with Steven.

Whoopi is all about the mo-nay.

Let's see when Colbert has shit to hawk on The View.

Plus she knows she is being paid by CBS to be in King's The Stand.

Don't fuck with her mo-nay Steve.

by Anonymousreply 119September 25, 2019 4:49 AM

True r119, but she's on a show called The View. So he asked her view on the day's biggest story. How can she not care after all her talk about not saying his name and saying things like Dems need to get him out of there. Whoopie is full of it. She knows it only take 15-20 seconds to make a point, she does it every morning before a commercial break.

by Anonymousreply 120September 25, 2019 4:55 AM

sorry, Whoopi^ I want to get it right because we should care about certain things.

by Anonymousreply 121September 25, 2019 4:56 AM

Whoopi gets a bad rap on the rape-rape comment. The awkwardness of the phrase overshadows she was actually asking a legitimate question, whether this was a forcible sexual assault or statutory rape with a willing participant. She was then informed Polanski drugged the girl and she said no more.

I watched that particular episode and it's probably the last time I've seen the show.

by Anonymousreply 122September 25, 2019 4:58 AM

I never could stand Whoopi.

by Anonymousreply 123September 25, 2019 6:03 AM

Before...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124September 25, 2019 8:21 AM

...and after Hydroxycut, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, and political conversion therapy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125September 25, 2019 8:22 AM

Gwen Stefani looks fantastic. I can’t believe she is 49. She still looks like herself and not overly worked on.

by Anonymousreply 126September 25, 2019 11:33 AM

Gwen looks surgically modified, but the doctors have retained her Italian features pretty well to keep her looking like a bronzed Hollywood-idealized version of herself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127September 25, 2019 11:38 AM

Her facelifts are most apparent in her mouth. If you look back at photos from 20 years ago, you’ll see in all nonsmiling photos that the corners of her mouth drooped. The shape is most evident when she wore bold lipstick. Now in all photos the edges of her mouth are permanently turned upward. It’s not just a smile and it’s not just the effect of makeup. She’s been pulled up and back—which is evident, anyway, given that she looks the way she does at her age.

But I do agree—her surgeries have been incredibly successful in keeping her looking like her young self without turning her into a mutilated Bravo Housewives freak.

I still wish people would just get older. It’s what we are supposed to do. Eventually, no matter how well maintained a person looks, age will catch up and override the procedures and make a person look like an accident victim.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128September 25, 2019 11:45 AM

Here she is deflecting her walk off last week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129September 25, 2019 2:45 PM

Whoopi: "Happy Birthday Barbara Walters, thanks for the gig."

I guess Whoopi wasn't thankful enough to let Babs moderate her last week on the show like she wanted to. Sort of thankful but not really thankful...thankful lite.

by Anonymousreply 130September 25, 2019 3:46 PM

Did producers put a gun to Meghan’s head and make her apologize? The way she kept saying how she clumsily made her point last week and ‘had’ to apologize was weird.

by Anonymousreply 131September 25, 2019 3:48 PM

E News:

Meghan McCain Compares The View Drama to The Real Housewives

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132September 25, 2019 4:49 PM

Meghan on Andy Cohen's shit show is the perfect place for her to Boo-Hoo.

When she gets called out for spouting Republican talking points, bothsiderizm and whataboutizms the White Princess of Privilege gets upset.

She needs to stop spouting pre planned ambush crap and simply give her opinions.

She comes off like an amateur HS debater who is useless without her cards.

Ana needs to replace her.

by Anonymousreply 133September 25, 2019 4:59 PM

"She comes off like an amateur HS debater who is useless without her cards."

PERFECT

by Anonymousreply 134September 25, 2019 5:46 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135September 25, 2019 7:44 PM

R131 She wouldn’t volunteer to apologize. Very interesting that the show made her apologize for the first time ever the day after Democrats said they're going to hold Trump accountable.

by Anonymousreply 136September 25, 2019 8:25 PM

She and her grift are on borrowed time. They gave her a year to get over her dad and then the gloves will come off. She’s contributed nothing to the world or society other than screaming about being John McCain’s daughter. She can’t even run for office after her antics on The View.

I think Bob Iger hates her. He seemed to like Joy a whole lot more.

by Anonymousreply 137September 25, 2019 8:53 PM

I saw Joy remark that Meghan is ‘young,’ when asked about her. Meghan is in her 30s and she can’t fall back on being young and people’s goodwill about her father anymore.

by Anonymousreply 138September 25, 2019 9:12 PM

My head will pop off the next time she whines about "the media" crying wolf about Trump every day--Princess, do you not realize that all the shit Trump does on a daily basis is unconventional at best, impeachably treasonous at worst? The media are just doing their job reporting on it, but nothing ever happens because the Republicans in Congress and on the courts don't even pretend to care about their constitutional duties anymore. YOUR PARTY, Meg! You say you love America so much? Bullshit--you love trying to win the game, even if it comes at the cost of destroying the very foundations of our democracy.

by Anonymousreply 139September 25, 2019 9:52 PM

Just like Trump, I do think she's starting to panic though, and you can see it. On WWHL, in her 'apology', in her statements... she knows her days are numbered. She's already getting into victim mode (on Andy's show she kept saying how hard her job is and she's sat in 'the hard seat' the longest out of anyone since Elizabeth).

The weird attempt at embarrassing Whoopi on air last week by bringing up something she and Joy said about Bush ("I watched clips of it online!") just made her sound insane and revealed way more about her - and her husband's - own desperation than it did about them.

She's clutching at her last couple of straws, and I can't wait to see her (and Trump) go down.

by Anonymousreply 140September 25, 2019 9:59 PM

I just watched it. Meghan did not apologize for her temper tantrum at all. She was harkening back to many months ago (a year?) when she said “if you’re going to take aim at the president, you better not miss!” That’s what she “said clumsily” and apologized for. Today she said “if this is what you want to do, you better not miss.”

If I remember correctly, I think it was Joy (might have been Whoopi) who jumped in on Meghan’s behalf and said “YOU DON’T MEAN THAT! YOU SHOULD SAY THAT DIFFERENTLY! IT’S A METAPHOR” and she corrected herself on the spot.

by Anonymousreply 141September 25, 2019 10:55 PM

r138, that's Joy's nice way of saying 'immature'.

by Anonymousreply 142September 25, 2019 11:13 PM

Sherri was a guest host on The Talk last week.

by Anonymousreply 143September 25, 2019 11:25 PM

Wasn't Lisa Ling on The Talk this week?

by Anonymousreply 144September 25, 2019 11:27 PM

I was happy to see Whoopi's clap back yesterday. She's checked Meghan's attitude because it was directed at Whoopi. Today, Meghan came correct.

Now, my bigger issue with Abby's fake moderate credentials. First, she keeps talking about how we don't have the facts, for EVERY, SINGLE, TRUMP SCANDAL. But when Democrats start an Impeachment Inquiry, to get the FACTS, she says "oh, this isn't what the American people want." She's talking out of both sides of her asshole. Thankfully, Joy and Sunny have slapped her around over the past two days with the facts of the scandal.

Meghan and Abby are winding themselves up into a pretzel trying to see the positive in breaking the law. Even the audience ain't having that crap.

by Anonymousreply 145September 25, 2019 11:28 PM

If she hasn’t already, this is exactly how MeAgain will respond to Impeachment efforts:

“If Pelosi and the Democrats pursue impeachment at the expense of working to resolve the issues that real Americans care about, they will lose the 2020 election!!!”

That’s it. That is all that she will say. Over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 146September 26, 2019 12:35 AM

Sorry, Megunt, Trump is not a normal elected politician. He was the businessman that will fix everything.

Trump is pure bullshit and the normal analyses do not apply.

Trump will be exposed. The Republican will be complicit.

They will both go down.

by Anonymousreply 147September 26, 2019 6:33 AM

Her behavior is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 148September 26, 2019 7:56 AM

R146 That’s all she says.

Me-ghan: “Do you WANT to lose the election, TAKE MY WORD FOR IT, then impeach him! I’ve said it over and over again! Go ahead and impeach. Do you want to WIN or do you want to lose?”

Sunny: “I want to do what’s right and lawful for this country. I want to respect the Constitution.”

Me-ghan: “FINE! I AM SAYING THIS NOW FOR THE RECORD! I want ABC to PLAY THIS VIDEO OF ME ALL DURING ELECTION NIGHT because the Democrats are going to LOSE if they do this! But by all means, DO YOURSELVES IN!”

Meghan is monstrous. Has anyone noticed that she used to oppose Trump’s policies and his atrocious words, and now the *only* opposition she ever states is “I voted against Trump FOR PERSONAL REASONS, but...!” This suggests that if he had not made fun of her family, she would have voted for him. This little monster talks about her patriotism and her love of country, and any GOP win—ANY win—is more important to her than the democratic process or a democratic republic. Especially with her fellow-swine husband who no doubt voted for Trump and is scheming to spin this story into a way to impart more paranoia, fear and outrage among the alt-right Republican stronghold.

I never considered myself patriotic. I was not brought up to idolize a flag and hang it over my dinner table as Meghan says she does, or to regard the first US politicians as once-living gods and hang their photos in my foyer as Meghan says she does. But now I am desperate for my country to be respected and to survive and this little snotball of a woman is shitting all over its gasping body just for a short-term Republican party win? She should be shipped over to Fox and the network should be tried for treason.

by Anonymousreply 149September 26, 2019 10:47 AM

Does anybody REALLY think she didn't vote for him? Who else did she vote for.. Hilary? A write-in candidate? Jill Stein? Of course she voted for Trump. Look at who her husband is.

by Anonymousreply 150September 26, 2019 11:02 AM

R150 She says she wrote in a candidate. I believe she didn’t vote for Trump because her personality is exactly like his, and Trump insulted her father many times and in Meghan’s world her father was YHWH himself. She absolutely would not have voted for a man who called her father a “loser.” But she absolutely had to vote for a Republican. She will never, ever vote for a non-Republican. She’s consistently clear about her loyalties: first to her father/his ghost, and then to the Republican party, and then to the GOP, and then to the rest of her family, in that order. She claims the country comes first but all of her rhetoric has completely consistently demonstrated that she fetishizes the Republican party and sees it all as a big game in which winning is the only thing that matters.

by Anonymousreply 151September 26, 2019 11:06 AM

R151 I like your analysis, and it makes sense. But I still think she'd rather die than have the republicans lose power, especially to Hilary Clinton. I still see her reluctantly voting Trump in the interests of her party and also her career.

She didn't even criticise Trump on The View until like... the TENTH time he insulted her father. It was up to Joy and Whoopi and Ana etc. to say how awful it was that he would criticise the great John McCain. She would just sit there quietly, occasionally squirm, and sometimes say "this puts me in a really hard position" (which always sounded to me like she voted for him). It wasn't until last year when started turning it around and actively saying shit like 'by the way I did NOT vote for Trump.... by the way I did NOT want Ivanka and Jared at my father's funeral, by the way I am a conservative woman but NOT a Trumper'

by Anonymousreply 152September 26, 2019 11:13 AM

It's also very telling that she will never name which mystery republican she voted for. Just like Ana won't admit it. Because they know it's embarrassing that they both voted for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 153September 26, 2019 11:15 AM

*Abby, not Ana.

It's also why they both frequently say 'this is what the other side wants' instead of just 'this is what we want'. They can't put themselves in that position to take the heat... but they both know that it's their party and like 99% of the rest of their party, they voted Trump.

by Anonymousreply 154September 26, 2019 11:16 AM

“It's also very telling that she will never name which mystery republican she voted for.“

You know what Republican she wrote in as a protest vote. Because she is his most insane fangirl. I have less than zero doubt about whose name she wrote on her ballot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155September 26, 2019 11:24 AM

What happens when the shows get pre-empted by news? Do the hosts just go home? Get the day off? Hold a staff meeting and go home early?

by Anonymousreply 156September 26, 2019 3:15 PM

It's hilarious that even after being on maternity leave for ages and having so many important political events happen since.... Abby is STILL on her 'AOC wants to exterminate the entire human race!' tip.

by Anonymousreply 157September 26, 2019 3:16 PM

r155, didn't she say before that she wrote in her father's name in 2016?

by Anonymousreply 158September 26, 2019 7:08 PM

I love that Ana Navarro just clipped her good when she told her she was only two feet away and to stop screaming at her.

by Anonymousreply 159September 26, 2019 7:27 PM

Meghan is right to say that the audience is combative. She's really the only right-leaning voice on the table (Abby is too apolitical and on the fence even if she is a republican) and that's a hard position to be in.

The audience picks up on the co-hostess' disdain for Meghan and join in for brownie points.

Poor Meghan. She is bratty though.

by Anonymousreply 160September 26, 2019 7:44 PM

R160 "Poor"?

by Anonymousreply 161September 26, 2019 7:51 PM

But the audience is "combative" because Meghan is combative. The audience has been kind to previous republican hosts, like Nicole Wallace, because they could disagree with people without acting like a schoolyard bully.

by Anonymousreply 162September 26, 2019 7:53 PM

[quote]It's also very telling that she will never name which mystery republican she voted for.

It's no mystery. She's said a few times that she wrote in McMullin.

by Anonymousreply 163September 26, 2019 7:59 PM

Ana is an example of a sane Republican. They should get rid of Meghan and put Ana in her spot, but they won't because they need the drama. After reading that book about the show, I'm convinced they try to keep it a hostile environment so the hosts will be prone to explosions that will get them press.

by Anonymousreply 164September 26, 2019 8:11 PM

I’m just convinced that Mooghans husband is only there for the money. He’s a good looking dude - why would be suffer with that fat cunt?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165September 26, 2019 8:23 PM

I agree, r164. But at some point that will get old and to pep it up, chairs will be thrown....

by Anonymousreply 166September 26, 2019 11:39 PM

R153 Ana voted for Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 167September 27, 2019 12:07 AM

Hillary and Chelsea Clinton will be on next Wed 10/2 to promote their book The Book of Gutsy Women.

by Anonymousreply 168September 27, 2019 12:44 AM

R168, How many times can Chelsea the same book?

She should spare the world form having to see her ugly face.

by Anonymousreply 169September 27, 2019 1:22 AM

Awkward

by Anonymousreply 170September 27, 2019 1:41 AM

[quote] Hillary and Chelsea Clinton will be on next Wed 10/2 to promote their book The Book of Gutsy Women.

Will the ghostwriter also be in attendance, or is that person "indisposed" ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171September 27, 2019 2:18 AM

I believe that the only ghost writer EVER on The View was the guy who wrote The Art of the Deal for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 172September 27, 2019 6:04 AM

It’s funny/sad when The View’s episode descriptions on my TV menu say “...and author Kim Kardashian” or “...author Justin Bieber.”

Give me a break. Anyone with a name is given a million bucks to talk to an underpaid ghost writer for 8 hours and slap their name and picture on a book cover.

by Anonymousreply 173September 27, 2019 9:23 AM

Has MeGain gone critical and melted down yet?

by Anonymousreply 174September 27, 2019 12:46 PM

She always caves and acts right whenever powerful Dems come on the show because though she farts on about her father, she, in actuality, is a TALK SHOW HOST.

She’s a shrieking nobody who had to marry WAY below her and Chelsea went to Oxford. Megunt is a coward deep down and won’t do shit, because Hillary would destroy her on live tv. Either that, or Gunt will follow her husband’s instructions and finally get fired for being such a goddamn bitch.

by Anonymousreply 175September 27, 2019 12:57 PM

All I can say about Meghan is that I truly hope brain cancer is genetic. 🤞

by Anonymousreply 176September 27, 2019 1:13 PM

No Whoopi and Ana is there today.

by Anonymousreply 177September 27, 2019 3:02 PM

Hey Meghan - the Jan Brady hair-do does not become you - it's too cutesy for someone as harsh and nasty as you to pull off.

by Anonymousreply 178September 27, 2019 3:19 PM

Of course she likes that asshole from West Virginia. She is a classic republican cunt.

by Anonymousreply 179September 27, 2019 3:26 PM

No Abby, you are not seated at The View because you earned it despite being "nice". You are seated at The View because of your last name and the fact that your even more connected BFF McNasty demanded it.

by Anonymousreply 180September 27, 2019 3:41 PM

I wonder if Abby's father's Trumpian actions will ever come to light?

by Anonymousreply 181September 27, 2019 3:45 PM

Ha! Today Joy and Ana were talking about Hunter Biden and said he only got business opportunities because of his last name and his father's political connections. Meghan and Abby were notably silent on that point.

by Anonymousreply 182September 27, 2019 8:45 PM

Zing!

by Anonymousreply 183September 27, 2019 8:47 PM

[quote]Today Joy and Ana were talking about Hunter Biden and said he only got business opportunities because of his last name and his father's political connections.

Seems a little disingenuous to of Joy and Ana to single Biden out, particularly since the Hunter Biden crap has been debunked. And I don't want to hear shit from Joy "but her emails" Behar as she backed Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 184September 27, 2019 9:31 PM

Joy is now a Warren supporter

by Anonymousreply 185September 27, 2019 9:59 PM

Joy never *really* backed Bernie. She named her dog after him but she was Clinton only from day 1, and this time she's been Biden from day 1.

Even though she's coming around to Warren, she still frequently says all her plans are unrealistic (just like last cycle she talked about Bernie's promises being "pie in the sky").

She usually just wants the moderate DNC-approved candidate they (ABC) all want her to shill for.

by Anonymousreply 186September 28, 2019 3:08 AM

R186, Joy has said many times she was a Bernie supporter and eventually backed Clinton when she was the nominee. Let's not rewrite history. Joy was also quite rude to Clinton the one and only time she did the show while on the campaign trail and asked dumb questions like, "why do you think people don't like you?"

It's a moot point anyway, r182 was completely off base.

by Anonymousreply 187September 28, 2019 3:17 AM

Loved Ana on the show today and The Princess of Arizona behaved herself.

Joy knows how to coral these cats.

by Anonymousreply 188September 28, 2019 8:55 AM

Wow r182 That went right over my head when I was watching earlier. Good one.

by Anonymousreply 189September 28, 2019 8:59 AM

Meghan looked like Cruella DeZebra today.

by Anonymousreply 190September 28, 2019 9:06 AM

Scheduled guests for the week of SEPT. 30 to OCT. 4 are as follows (subject to change):

Monday, Sept. 30– Rob Lowe (“911: Lonestar”; “Stories I Only Tell My Friends: LIVE”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Oct. 1– Michael Strahan, Sara Haines & Keke Palmer (“GMA3: Strahan, Sara & Keke”); Allison Tolman (ABC’s “Emergence”)

Wednesday, Oct. 2– Daytime exclusive with Hillary Rodham Clinton and Chelsea Clinton (authors, “The Book of Gutsy Women”); Ben Platt (“The Politician”)

Thursday, Oct. 3– The Political View with Rachel Maddow (author, “Blowout”)

Friday, Oct. 4– Jessica Lange (“The Politician”; photographer/author “Highway 61”)

by Anonymousreply 191September 28, 2019 1:00 PM

r191, I care. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 192September 28, 2019 6:30 PM

R187, youre the one rewriting history. Joy never backed Bernie because she thought he was an unrealistic socialist. The same reason she’s not supporting him.

The question to clinton seems fair. I don’t know if you’ve ever come out of your Clinton loving enclave but most people do not like her.

by Anonymousreply 193September 28, 2019 7:31 PM

You do realize that warren adopted Bernie's platform, right?

by Anonymousreply 194September 28, 2019 8:04 PM

Bernie will never be President....so get over it.

by Anonymousreply 195September 28, 2019 8:36 PM

Ana, Sunny and Joy iced Megunt good and hard on Friday. Abby, as always, sat on the fence, but she does like Joy and it shows. That story about Lardass begging ABC not to hire Ana is going to make Megunt’s life worse.

I cannot wait to see Hillary and Chelsea state that redneck hillbilly down. She’s a coward and she will fold like a house of cards.

by Anonymousreply 196September 28, 2019 9:34 PM

Two hilarious moments with Abby on Friday.

First, when Joy motioned for her to speak and then checked her watch instead of listening to her.

Second, this moment where she cottons on to the conversation several minutes after everybody else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197September 28, 2019 9:34 PM

I want Chelsea to tell Meghan she can relate to her grief as she lost her own father in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 198September 28, 2019 9:43 PM

Meghan said “everyone knows I HATE Hillary Clinton” and she called the entire Clinton family “a virus.” There’s a good chance she won’t have the nerve to show up for the interview. If she does—then shame on ABC News for allowing it. They’ll probably just pull McCain off stage for the interview segment. It’ll probably just be Joy, Sunny and Whoopi.

It’s *really* sick to think of McCain being put in the position of interviewing Hillary and Chelsea Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 199September 28, 2019 10:02 PM

I agree, r199.

by Anonymousreply 200September 28, 2019 10:16 PM

All of you are so bitter and jealous of Meghan's tenacity and success, it shows. Leave her alone.

by Anonymousreply 201September 29, 2019 5:22 AM

r201, No. We are jealous of her being born into a rich white family.

The fact that she is hated for being a privileged cunt is HER doing.

Abby was born into a rich white family, but she isn't a cunt.

Be more like Abby.

by Anonymousreply 202September 29, 2019 5:35 AM

R202 I am *not* jealous. I was born into a poor-ish/working class white family. I went to a community college and then ultimately graduated with honors from a state university and then went to Cambridge. I worked for what I have. My parents didn’t buy it for me. But my parents DID give me love of a healthy kind, not a bizarre obsessive relationship of the sort McCain has with her father or whatever relationship she has with her mother, whom she never mentions.

As for Meghan’s tenacity, time will tell. She went to Columbia to study art history, I suspect due to her father’s influence and her mother’s money. (She’s incredibly judgmental, by the way, for someone who studied fine arts.) She worked on MSNBC and Fox News, and now ABC News, due to her father’s influence. Let’s see where her “tenacity” takes her from here now that her business agent is under ground.

by Anonymousreply 203September 29, 2019 9:19 AM

And yet none of you cry nepotism about Abby.

by Anonymousreply 204September 29, 2019 9:38 AM

R204 The comparison doesn’t hold much water. It’s one thing to resent someone based on her parentage and inheritance and another to resent someone for being unqualified and behaviorally uncontrollable while obviously holding a job solely because of her parentage.

Abby Huntsman got a degree in politics, philosophy and economics at the University of Pennsylvania. She interned under Diane Sawyer and then she went on to work at Good Morning America (ABC), MSNBC, Huffington Post and then Fox News before landing her current position at The View. Certainly she got her internship via family connections—but she studied politics and economics and she has held a series of professional journalism jobs. More importantly, she comports herself as any broadcast journalism professional without family connections would do. She comports herself as almost any professional in almost any profession would. She mentions that her father is an ambassador primarily when she explains that she spent time growing up in Asia and has some insights into life there, or when she suggests she may have some insight into Russia that her peers don’t because her father is ambassador to Russia and she has gotten some privileged information through him.

Meghan McCain studied art history at Columbia University. She went on to intern at Saturday Night Live, and then she was paid by MSNBC and Fox News not to report but to have opinions based on...”my father.” She has earned money for books about life with her father credited to her name that she may or may not have had much of a role in writing. At The View, she has behaved in a shockingly unprofessional manner throughout her tenure. She screams at people. She talks over people. She calls herself a “political analyst” without any academic basis, always defaulting to “my father.” She has temper tantrums and stomps offset on live television. She has referred to herself as a journalist but evidently has been made more recently to disclose that she is not a journalist. She has said that she *hates* Hillary Clinton and she has called the Clinton family “a virus” that infects the United States. Whatever your political persuasion, to see someone paid by a broadcast news network to behave so unprofessionally and so virulently herself, spewing hatred and abandoning all professional decorum, should bother you. McCain chose to marry a man who calls himself a journalist and who quit his job at the Washington Post after one week because of several incidents of plagiarism while there, and who has gone on to found an alt-right website that has published racist content and an article defending Roy Moore’s sexual abuse of girls, which he personally defended.

Huntsman and McCain are both daughters of wealthy male government officials and both are conservative, but that is where comparisons end. Huntsman has been employed by liberal and conservative media and presents herself as a professional and her educational background informs her career. Meghan McCain is a spoiled womanchild in her mid-30s who screams at her colleagues on live television, who brags about binge drinking and shooting guns as if she is a at a frat party in the deep south, and whose every argument and every rare civil discussion hinges on “MY FATHER”!

by Anonymousreply 205September 29, 2019 10:06 AM

R204 What? Everyone ALWAYS talks about Abby and nepotism. On here, in The View's YouTube comments etc. Because she really has zero qualifications outside of it (at least Me-Again has been squawking on late night shows for years). It's why the discussion the other day about nepotism (in Trump's family and Biden's too) was hilarious because both Meghan and Abby were dead silent.

by Anonymousreply 206September 29, 2019 10:10 AM

“Everyone ALWAYS talks about Abby and nepotism. Because she really has zero qualifications outside of it (at least Me-Again has been squawking on late night shows for years).”

R206 What are you talking about? See R205. Abby studied politics and economics at the University of Pennsylvania, interned at Good Morning America, and worked as a journalist at ABC News, Huffington Post, MSNBC, and Fox News before going back to ABC News to do The View. She is more qualified and more serious about journalism than McCain is. Being a frequent guest on talk shows does not qualify Meghan McCain to be employed by a broadcast news network, and especially of she can’t act like ***any adult would act at any professional job in any industry.***

I lost my mom unexpectedly just before Meghan McCain lost her dad. My mother was my closest friend and everyone I work with knows that. Losing her was brain scrambling. Nevertheless, I don’t scream her name during business meetings and yell at people that they are not as amazing as my mother and talk about her incessantly to people who never met her. Because that would be insane behavior of anyone in any situation. And Meghan McCain is very well paid to behave in this insane way, sucking up air time, upsetting her colleagues and viewers, and awkwardly pressuring all guests on the show to bow at her feet and genuflect in honor of her pristine father’s ghost. It’s so fucking bizarre. And comparing this situation to the employment of Abby, who at least acts sane and who has a career trajectory in this field, is fallacious.

by Anonymousreply 207September 29, 2019 10:20 AM

Only two people in the show’s history have shown a lack of professional decorum/behavioral discipline. The first was Rosie O’Donnell, a comedian who admits that she is mentally ill and has a behavioral disorder. The second was Barbara Walters, who was ultimately removed because of age-related dementia and who, even as she demonstrated dementia, behaved more professionally than Meghan McCain does.

by Anonymousreply 208September 29, 2019 10:30 AM

R208 Good one. It's actually been all the Republicunts. Hasselbeck, Bila, McCain (the worst). Rosie did fine-- it's why they hired her back again.

by Anonymousreply 209September 29, 2019 11:02 AM

R209 no, they hired Rosie back because she was such good TV. She was always simmering and looked ready to explode. But at some point she became a liability.

by Anonymousreply 210September 29, 2019 11:23 AM

Thanks for the sanity, R210. As much as we would sometimes like every single thing in the world to operate on partisan terms, it doesn’t always work that way.

Meghan McCain: Appears mentally stable about 35 percent of the time.

Rosie O’Donnell: Appeared mentally stable about 80 percent of the time.

Whoopi Goldberg: Increasingly distracted/challenged to make her points.

Barbara Walters: Was silly in her last couple of years on the show.

Elisabeth Hasselbeck: Had occasional temper tantrums but was generally composed, however obnoxious her opinions were.

Jedediah Bila: I don’t remember any truly unprofessional or unhinged behavior.

Raven-Symoné: Dumb and tried to cover it up by pretending to be avant garde.

Jenny McCarthy: Dumb.

Michelle Collins: Dumb.

Debbie Matenopoulos: OG dumb.

Sherri: Lovably dumb.

Lisa Ling:

Rosie Perez: Too obsessed with boxing to make any sense on a daytime current events show.

Star Jones: Smart, but mistakenly thought the show was about her.

Meredith Vieira: Close to perfect.

Sunny: Smart, knowledgeable.

Ana Navarro: Smart, entertaining when she’s not annoying.

Joy: Outlasted and ultimately outperformed them all.

by Anonymousreply 211September 29, 2019 11:34 AM

Lisa Ling: too serious for the lightness of the show.

by Anonymousreply 212September 29, 2019 1:23 PM

I stand by my distillation of Lisa Ling’s impact on The View, which is:

by Anonymousreply 213September 29, 2019 1:27 PM

Lisa Ling was hired to be The Asian. She proved to be a serious journalist and ABC would have none of that on Thew View BACK THEN.

by Anonymousreply 214September 29, 2019 1:35 PM

what is up with these loser kids of politicians? the trumps, abby, meghan, hunter biden.

by Anonymousreply 215September 29, 2019 5:23 PM

Ohhhh, let's watch this again, shall we?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216September 29, 2019 8:42 PM

Has Meghan commented on Volker?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217September 29, 2019 9:02 PM

Oh that's rich, Meghan ranting about if women yelled into the camera and acted crazy like men they would be fired. Not you John McCain's daughter, you clearly have a free pass to act even worse.

by Anonymousreply 218September 30, 2019 3:11 PM

R218 She says things like that for self-protection. She figures if she calls out her own behavior and suggests that men get away with it, then the network can’t criticize her for behaving inappropriately, lest she publicly accuse them of sexism.

But men do NOT behave as McCain does on network television. Only on cable news networks and she is not on cable.

by Anonymousreply 219September 30, 2019 3:14 PM

She’s whining about how everyone picks on her for her nasty behavior and shit personality. Nobody in the press comments about how awful Sunny or Abby are. The people who dislike them personally comment but otherwise, nobody consistently gets attacked like Megunt because nobody acts like a spoiled drunk jackass on a regular basis like she does.

by Anonymousreply 220September 30, 2019 4:52 PM

Meghan managed to make it all about her, again.

by Anonymousreply 221September 30, 2019 5:21 PM

ABC really needs to let it go with the whole GMA3 Strahan, Sara and Keke, what a train wreck, the Three's Company parody is just ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 222October 1, 2019 3:03 PM

I saw it the other day, r222. Incredibly puerile.

by Anonymousreply 223October 1, 2019 3:41 PM

Last week, I watched part of an episode. of Strahan, Sara, and Keke. It was bizarre. It was a large chunk of time, and I don't think they had any guests or activities. They just sat on the stage shooting the shit while the audience intermittently burst into wild applause. It was as if they didn't even have an agenda of topics to talk about. One of them was having a birthday. One host: "It's your birthday!" Audience cheers wildly for two minutes. Applause dies down. Other host: "OMG, happy birthday!" Audience cheers wildly for two minutes. They wasted about 10 minutes doing that.

by Anonymousreply 224October 1, 2019 4:19 PM

The three of them (Strahan, Sara, Keke) suddenly bursting into dance was WTF. Someone needs to euthanize their show pronto.

by Anonymousreply 225October 1, 2019 4:28 PM

Okay, now I want to watch this GMA spin off shit show. It sounds hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 226October 1, 2019 4:49 PM

Mr. and Mrs. Domenech will furiously be prepping tonight for Mrs. D's face to face with Hillary tomorrow.

Unless "tough chick" calls in sick as is her m.o. or sits out the segment or just sits there stone face and silent.

by Anonymousreply 227October 1, 2019 5:49 PM

Fire The Princess of Privilege and rehire Sara.

Both experiments are OVAH!

by Anonymousreply 228October 1, 2019 6:12 PM

They've discovered they have to keep someone crazy on to keep viewers. Everyone got bored when people like Nicole and Jeddidiah were on, because they could make their points without screaming, name calling, or looking insane.

People like Meghan and Rosie are catnip to the show.

by Anonymousreply 229October 1, 2019 8:47 PM

R224 I completely agree. The GMA show with the three of them is bizarre. It literally looks like they just walk in with their mugs of water and haven't pre-planned for the show or anything. Occasionally there is a guest. They seem to just let Keke ramble about whatever she wants to that might be vaguely in the cultural / social media zeitgeist at that moment. And she does it well, she's very charismatic and telegenic. She actually interacts with the audience and gives the show a 'watchability' factor it didn't have before.

Mostly Michael has nothing to say unless prodded by the others (understandably as he has 57 jobs) where he grins while defending himself (or men in general). And Sara just tries to be cute mostly. But I have no idea how they fill that hour.

It's also MUCH more about the host's personal and home lives than other shows of its kind. They are always talking about Michael hitting the gym, or Keke's weird habits, or something Sara's kids did at home.. like constantly PUSHING this aspect so we feel like we're part of the inside jokes etc. when really nobody cares. Except the howling hyaenas in the audience.

by Anonymousreply 230October 1, 2019 9:13 PM

I imagine TPTB have a whole "but the ratings" speech for Joy and Sunny when they try to complain about the nasty one. They probably cajole them with something like this:

"Joy, do you want this show to make it to a historic Season 25 or not? That nice paycheck will continue until you are very close to 80, just smile and think of the generational wealth you are creating... you are the Betty White of talk shows -- longevity. Ratings, blah blah, blah, Ratings."

"Sunny, would you rather put up with her for an hour or two per day or have to worry about billable hours in private practice or the long hours that go with trying govt cases?? We are aiming for 25 seasons here, work with us, think of the steady income and short hours vs. sporadic guest on CNN...You'd have to work nights at CNN, how will you know what Manny is up to if you are working nights??? Ratings, yadda yadda yadda, Ratings..."

by Anonymousreply 231October 1, 2019 9:15 PM

Talk show hosts chatting about their personal lives started with Regis and Kathie Lee who had incredibly entertaining chemistry as well as reasonably interesting personal lives. One or both of them were constantly out on the town--NYC--the night before and bumped into this one or that one which was fun to hear them talk about on the TV show.

Kelly and Ryan do it and no one cares. Apparently the gang on GMA Hour 3 are doing it and no one cares. Do the people on the Today show do it? Does anybody on fucking earth care what Al fucking Roker did last night?

Sorry, back to The View.....

by Anonymousreply 232October 1, 2019 10:38 PM

"Talk show hosts chatting about their personal lives started with Regis and Kathie Lee "

Hardly....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233October 1, 2019 10:45 PM

Don’t forget to have your Meghan McCain spayed or neutered.

by Anonymousreply 234October 2, 2019 2:22 AM

R231 I think joy is just working now to leave as much $$$ to her daughter and grandson as possible. She really loves them, and although I believe her daughter is already successful in her own right at whatever it is she does.

I think she really wants to leave them financially well to do.

I don't blame her for it.

by Anonymousreply 235October 2, 2019 2:39 AM

Aww, how sweet. Hillary and Chelsea hugging and shaking hands with John McCain's daughter. John's daughter even clapped. The Oscar goes to: All Three of Them.

Of course the discussion hasn't started yet so this could all be out the window shortly.

by Anonymousreply 236October 2, 2019 3:09 PM

So, it's all hot topics all day. Smart choice, producers. No reason for Meghan to try to interview Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 237October 2, 2019 3:13 PM

Chelsea needs, at bare minimum, a whitening toothpaste.

by Anonymousreply 238October 2, 2019 3:15 PM

Strikes me as the definition of disingenuous, r236.

by Anonymousreply 239October 2, 2019 3:15 PM

Wow, a politician's grown child (Chelsea) can have a public voice and can express admiration for their parent without acting like a rabid banshee.

by Anonymousreply 240October 2, 2019 3:17 PM

Hillary keeps invoking John McCain...good strategy...if the brat tries to get nasty it will come off even worse than usual.

by Anonymousreply 241October 2, 2019 3:22 PM

Meghan wouldn't get nasty to Hillary's face.

by Anonymousreply 242October 2, 2019 3:24 PM

Did the producers (or perhaps Whoopi) give Meghan an ultimatum? You just know she wants to attack and get a clip to add to her portfolio to show the Fox network eventually.

Wow...she's being civil, smiling and joking...but of course they're talking about her dad.

by Anonymousreply 243October 2, 2019 3:28 PM

Jesus. Is kissing John McCain’s ass a requirement to getting booked on the view now? Every political guest they have always goes out of their way to mention him. Just once I wish someone had the balls to say that 90% of his life he was piece of shit. Voting against the rights of many Americans for decades. He invoked the racism in 2008 in a last ditch attempt to save his campaign. Meghan is a PIG and I hate that everyone sucks up to her.

by Anonymousreply 244October 2, 2019 3:33 PM

Memories....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245October 2, 2019 3:45 PM

LOL at R245. Those were the days before Trump attacked John McCain's daughter's father. The audience loves Joy...and so do I.

by Anonymousreply 246October 2, 2019 6:00 PM

Hadn't he already made the "preferred people who weren't captured" statement, r246?

by Anonymousreply 247October 2, 2019 6:26 PM

McCain was a murderous war criminal and an incompetent one at that. When he got back he couldn't wait to send scores of young men and women to their deaths for profit. He's burning in hell but sends his love to Meghan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248October 2, 2019 11:10 PM

I knew she and Abster would straighten up and fly right. They claim to adore public servants and HRC has flown higher and farther than their idiot fathers ever have, and Chelsea went to better universities and doesn’t name drop her family every twenty seconds.

When all’s said and done, Megunt is a fat, drunk, cowardly windbag who shit talks the Clintons when they’re not there, but shit her depends when they looked her right in the eye and dared her to say something. She’s such a stupid fat bitch with a stupid fat bitch ugly husband.

by Anonymousreply 249October 3, 2019 12:07 AM

Joy wore red, but Abby and Meghan wore blue.

by Anonymousreply 250October 3, 2019 12:11 AM

Lol… Megadeth is still pressed about her verbal lashing by Pamela Anderson. She has brought it up with so many guests, on The View and other shows, constantly in the media. Just cop it on the chin and move on with your life.

by Anonymousreply 251October 3, 2019 12:38 AM

MeAgain vs. Pam Anderson is the battle of wits that America deserves.

by Anonymousreply 252October 3, 2019 3:00 PM

Rachel worshiping at the altar of John McCain, SMH.

by Anonymousreply 253October 3, 2019 3:45 PM

Rachel Maddow is also kissing John McCain's ass. Goddamn.

by Anonymousreply 254October 3, 2019 3:45 PM

Rachel is just so much smarter than the rest of these women.

by Anonymousreply 255October 3, 2019 3:46 PM

Someone needs to remind Abby that her father worked for Trump....as HIS RUSSIAN AMBASSADOR. What does he know ? Why didnt he come forward ?.....Like with Pence, there IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY HE WAS CLUELESS.....and if he resigned because of the shit Trump was up to, why didnt he report it ? Enough with these fucking republicans pretending to be moderate while handing out that whataboutism bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 256October 3, 2019 4:30 PM

Lol! Meghan tried to hit Rachel with a dig ("Roger Ailes SMOKES you!!! I'm using your OWN verbage, why are republican cable news shows so much more successful??") and she basically came back with an eloquent explanation that "Fox is propaganda and everyone else is news."

by Anonymousreply 257October 3, 2019 9:44 PM

The ass kissing of John Mccains corpse has been going on at least once a week for over a year. Enough already.

by Anonymousreply 258October 3, 2019 10:23 PM

If a burglar ever breaks into Meghan’s home, all he has to do is complement her father and she’ll melt like butter and drop her weapon.

by Anonymousreply 259October 4, 2019 12:58 AM

Meghan is Trump. Both are utterly narcissistic blowhards who are susceptible to flattery, sincere or insincere. Meghan’s oddly extends to her father as well. They hate everyone who doesn’t agree with them, serve them or serve their purposes. They love anyone who does those things. They will turn on a dime if anyone offends them personally.

by Anonymousreply 260October 4, 2019 1:01 AM

I hope to the eight pound five ounce lord baby Jesus that Abby’s father gets popped. Gunt’s fug husband is on Bill Maher tomorrow and I hope the shred him like a lettuce.

by Anonymousreply 261October 4, 2019 4:15 AM

Rachel worked the table.

A PhD pro!

by Anonymousreply 262October 4, 2019 6:18 AM

I didn't realise Abby's father resigned until Rachel brought it up. Love how The View sweeps that shit under the rug...

by Anonymousreply 263October 4, 2019 9:49 AM

Happy Friday. No Whoopi, Yay! Ana is there, Yay!

by Anonymousreply 264October 4, 2019 3:04 PM

The Nasty one spewing "fake news" about the economy and farmers' concerns. She just has to talk over Joy at every opportunity and she is busting out of that ugly jacket.

by Anonymousreply 265October 4, 2019 3:12 PM

Meghan had her list of Republicans ready. Gotcha!

by Anonymousreply 266October 4, 2019 3:27 PM

Loved how Joy as moderator, basically talked over Me!ghan and didn't allow her to respond. "I'd just like to say one thing!" "Oops, we have to go to commercial! Be right back!"

by Anonymousreply 267October 4, 2019 7:32 PM

Aaaaaaaaah!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268October 4, 2019 7:39 PM

Scheduled guests for the week of OCT. 7 to 11 are as follows (subject to change):

Monday, Oct. 7– Day of Hot Topics; “The View” celebrates Joy Behar’s birthday; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Oct. 8– Priyanka Chopra Jonas (“The Sky Is Pink”); Neil deGrasse Tyson (author, “Letters from an Astrophysicist”)

Wednesday, Oct. 9– Former National Security Advisor Susan Rice (author, “Tough Love”)

Thursday, Oct. 10– Paul Shaffer (“Paul Shaffer Plus One”); Naturi Naughton & La La Anthony (“Power”)

Friday, Oct. 11– The Political View with Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) (author, “The Case Against Socialism”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

by Anonymousreply 269October 5, 2019 3:14 AM

Can't wait for next Friday as any money spent on regular Americans is considered the dreaded SOCIALISM by Trumpublicans.

Rand Paul needs another chit chat with his neighbor.

by Anonymousreply 270October 5, 2019 8:53 AM

Fat

by Anonymousreply 271October 5, 2019 1:31 PM

Fat

by Anonymousreply 272October 5, 2019 1:31 PM

When I listen to Susan Rice about her time in the Obama WH, I weep for what we have become since then.

by Anonymousreply 273October 5, 2019 7:27 PM

So Joy's birthday celebration today, hope Megun gives her and us the gift of calling in sick.

by Anonymousreply 274October 7, 2019 2:17 PM

Joy said this is her favorite panel of all the years she's been on and the vile one immediately thanked her, wish Joy hadn't fed her ego like that.

by Anonymousreply 275October 7, 2019 3:07 PM

Mario's song was cute but I'm disappointed they didn't get a bigger name to sing for Joy.

by Anonymousreply 276October 7, 2019 3:49 PM

"Joy said this is her favorite panel of all the years she's been on"

What else would she say? She wants to keep her job, right? LOL

by Anonymousreply 277October 7, 2019 3:52 PM

Zombie Rosemary Clooney would have been good, r276!

by Anonymousreply 278October 7, 2019 3:52 PM

Am I mistaken or did Cantone just shake Megan’s hand after hugging and kissing everyone else? I laughed out loud at that.

by Anonymousreply 279October 7, 2019 4:00 PM

It appears that Mario is NOT one of her gays...

by Anonymousreply 280October 7, 2019 5:35 PM

What was on Meghan’s upper lip. Did she get a dirty Sanchez?

by Anonymousreply 281October 7, 2019 8:34 PM

Poor Mario needs to embrace his Elder Gay status.

Grrrl be old.

by Anonymousreply 282October 7, 2019 10:11 PM

I loathe MeAgain—loathe!—but don’t shade a woman in her own home. If you want to go on The View, you need to be an adult and show respect to all of the co-hosts. If you can’t or won’t do that, stay home. Cantone is a tacky bitch.

by Anonymousreply 283October 7, 2019 10:31 PM

Meg has been worse than ever this season.

She never ever truly goes in on our creature derrr leader. She is all about whataboutisms and both sides this and that. Always. She derails every topic with her insane shrill yapping. She always has a ton of notes and reads through them super fast like all conservatives do their daily talking points because they have no actual brain. They are all zombies being fed talking points.

by Anonymousreply 284October 7, 2019 10:36 PM

Meghan is double fed her talking points - Fox and her husband, which is why she is double wide.

by Anonymousreply 285October 7, 2019 10:43 PM

Did she gain weight from LAST WEEK?

I could have sworn she had a neck last week.

Today for Joy's Birthday, this large head sat comfortably on her clavicles.

Was it her chewing the fat with Shapiro over the weekend?

by Anonymousreply 286October 7, 2019 10:47 PM

I love how the audience laughed when Sunny said Whoopi was "Hollywood Royalty" during the Tyler Perry discussion. Get over yourself bitch.

by Anonymousreply 287October 8, 2019 5:44 AM

Believe it or not, Joy likes Meghan, or at least the attention and energy Meghan brings to the show. She's survived absolutely dreadful, boring panels before, and she knows what gives good tv. Party season she bragged to one of the guests that they were in the papers everyday - she's knows that without Meghan and their constant sparks, that wouldn't be the case.

Above all, Joy is an entertainer. For better or for worse, Meghan is entertaining to watch. Joy knows this.

by Anonymousreply 288October 8, 2019 5:54 AM

Last season, not party season.

To clarify, that doesn't mean they're friends or that she wants to go with her to the Hamptons, but rather that she knows Meghan makes good tv.

by Anonymousreply 289October 8, 2019 5:56 AM

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) book should be called, “The Case Against Corporate Welfare.

by Anonymousreply 290October 8, 2019 8:01 AM

No Sunny today.

Megun complaining about the new View mugs, says someone usually gets fired when there's new mugs and she is superstitious. If only that were true.

by Anonymousreply 291October 8, 2019 3:04 PM

Reuters:

U.S. House intelligence panel chairman says State Department withholding messages

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292October 8, 2019 3:21 PM

Why isn't Ana on the new mug...did Meghan have her banned from the mug like she had Sherri Shepherd banned from the show?

How fitting that Meghan should be holding her cactus on the mug, prickly like her and reminds us she has no warmth or heart for a pet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293October 8, 2019 8:30 PM

So proud of Tyler Perry and his new studios in Atlanta. Well done!

#Blackexcellence

And yes, whoopi is Hollywood royalty along with so many others.

by Anonymousreply 294October 8, 2019 8:51 PM

MeMeMeGan thinks that having a cactus makes her quirky and interesting.

by Anonymousreply 295October 8, 2019 9:08 PM

Meg is not fun to watch. At all. She does not make good TV.

by Anonymousreply 296October 8, 2019 9:54 PM

I follow this thread and watch a few clips online but I stopped watching the show last spring. She’s too frustrating to watch and it bums me out that there are lots of people in the US who share her twisted beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 297October 9, 2019 1:33 AM

I bet Meghan has a big fat nasty pussy.

by Anonymousreply 298October 9, 2019 2:33 AM

She was sooo annoying talking about her 'gay friends' ad nauseum in the last episode. I wonder if they call her their 'straight friend'?

by Anonymousreply 299October 9, 2019 3:06 AM

R293 Whoopi seems DONE with Meghan's paranoid ravings

by Anonymousreply 300October 9, 2019 3:42 AM

She just reads her talking points so fast to get them in. She could really go in on T**** now but she doesn't. She both sides the fuck out of everything 99% of the time.

by Anonymousreply 301October 9, 2019 3:47 AM

how much does megan "my daddy" mccain make?

by Anonymousreply 302October 9, 2019 6:36 AM

What did you and Meghan "go through" at Fox, Abby? Being coddled and handled with kid gloves because of your last names?

by Anonymousreply 303October 9, 2019 3:17 PM

"Foxhole" must be Meghan's safeword

by Anonymousreply 304October 9, 2019 3:32 PM

Oh, FFS

Meghan to Susan Rice: "Let me make this simple..."

by Anonymousreply 305October 9, 2019 3:42 PM

Meghan trying to come at Susan Rice. She hates Obama. Because Obama beat her daddy in the election. Rice is remaining as cool as a cucumber and calmly explaining her answers.

by Anonymousreply 306October 9, 2019 3:44 PM

r305- "I'd expect nothing more of you, Meghan".

by Anonymousreply 307October 9, 2019 3:56 PM

‘Laugh all you want!’ Meghan McCain erupts when The View audience mocks Republican’s obvious hypocrisy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308October 9, 2019 4:51 PM

Incredible. Instead of acknowledging that guy is a raging hypocrite, she insists his devotion to Trump is a sign that democrats are in trouble. Meghan, you screeching “I know him and I’d want him in my corner!!!” isn’t helping you look any less unhinged and deluded, just like the orange leader of your party.

by Anonymousreply 309October 9, 2019 4:55 PM

Meghan LOVES Trey Goudy, a great person she says and that if he is on Trump's team, the Democrats are in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 310October 9, 2019 5:03 PM

“People in the text messages, (Rudy) Giuliani and Kurt Volker, I would like to see what they have to say,” McCain said. “Maybe it isn’t as damning as what Democrats are saying. By the way, if I was in a fox hole, I would want Trey Gowdy in there with me.”

That's going to have to be an XXXL fox hole.

by Anonymousreply 311October 9, 2019 5:08 PM

Very interesting that none of them brought up that it was Meredith Viera who helped Matt Lauer's accuser come forward and got Lauer fired.

by Anonymousreply 312October 9, 2019 5:15 PM

r312

I didn't know that about Meredith, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 313October 9, 2019 5:20 PM

Someone needs to tell Meghan they are only doing the investigation right now and the trial will be broadcast.

by Anonymousreply 314October 9, 2019 5:41 PM

Someone should also tell Meghan that Gowdy will be indicted for tampering with Congressional evidence.

No statutes of limitations there.

by Anonymousreply 315October 9, 2019 5:58 PM

Meredith Viera isn't stupid. She knew that as soon as she was told about the rape/assault, she had no choice but to either encourage the victim to speak up or to speak up herself. Meredith is not going to be accused of trying to cover up a rape since she knows even a whiff of that mess would instantly kill her career.

I'm not saying that she's a bad person but let's not pretend that Meredith is a saint.

by Anonymousreply 316October 9, 2019 8:16 PM

Meghan's flatulence over Trey Goudy was hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 317October 9, 2019 10:12 PM

Someone needs to tell Meg we all know she still supports the prezzzzz so just come out and say it.

I am skipping today's show now.

by Anonymousreply 318October 9, 2019 10:43 PM

John McCain's daughter will not be there tomorrow "for personal reasons" when Rand Paul is there.

by Anonymousreply 319October 10, 2019 3:05 PM

Whoopi actually made the nasty one shut up and let Joy speak. Miracles will never cease.

by Anonymousreply 320October 10, 2019 3:08 PM

Wow, Meghan is agreeing with everyone... and STILL being a bitch to them. She's having an emotional meltdown, acting like she's about to cry, doesn't want to let anyone talk. Just made another agist remark against Joy. John McCain's daughter: "MY GENERATION is going to have to deal with this." Joy: "And my generation has seen it unfold from the beginning."

by Anonymousreply 321October 10, 2019 3:09 PM

Love Whoopi's shirt today. Yellow is her color

by Anonymousreply 322October 10, 2019 3:09 PM

Oh, shit. Meghan is trashing Rand Paul; the rest of the panel asks, "How are you going to deal tomorrow?"

by Anonymousreply 323October 10, 2019 3:18 PM

The topic was the outrage over the photo of Ellen sitting with George W. Bush at the Dallas Cowboys game. Sunny was talking about George Bush's refusal to forward gay rights when he was in power. Meghan interrupted and complained about someone else (Clinton?). Sunny tersely replied, "We're talking about George Bush now."

by Anonymousreply 324October 10, 2019 3:21 PM

She hates Trump, is outraged to tears about Turkey YET will still not talk about impeachment. She is weird.

by Anonymousreply 325October 10, 2019 9:20 PM

It's because she's party over country, r325.

by Anonymousreply 326October 10, 2019 9:25 PM

Meg supports him. She's all in. She hates what he is doing in Turkey and would call for any Dem's resignation if they did this but she shows her cards by not talking more forcefully about impeachment.

Her antics are too much. If they wanted entertainment, hire Rosie back to spare with her.

by Anonymousreply 327October 10, 2019 10:18 PM

The Flatulent One also appeared on Ben Shapiro’s bullshit Nazi radio programme the other day. She was so unhinged today she sounded like Alex Jones. I think that’s where she’ll end up. She was so berserk today, they’ll can her soon enough and she and her Puerto Rican Nazi husband will grift vitamins on her very own Meghan McCain Crazy Hour. It seems like she’s not getting any other offers so that’s her future. A female Rush Limbaugh.

by Anonymousreply 328October 10, 2019 10:54 PM

Mrs. Domenech won't be there Friday....wonder if it's because her vile husband will be on Bill Maher tomorrow and she is accompanying him.

by Anonymousreply 329October 10, 2019 10:56 PM

Meghan proudly declared that she wasn’t afraid of Rand Paul earlier in the week, but isn’t going to be there today, She’s also been telling the others what they need to ask him. Show up and ask him yourself.

by Anonymousreply 330October 11, 2019 2:02 PM

The funniest quote was when she said two days ago (after Joy said Rand Paul was coming on Friday), "I'M NOT SCARED OF HIM!!"

We don't even need to do anything, this chick just drags herself.

by Anonymousreply 331October 11, 2019 2:03 PM

No Joy today.

No Tank McCain but we already knew that.

Whoopi and Ana are there.

by Anonymousreply 332October 11, 2019 3:02 PM

I love when Whoopi brings up her bus. Especially today, when she used it to shut Abbey up about "sitting with people around the country".

by Anonymousreply 333October 11, 2019 3:12 PM

Whoopi..."people are dying"......Abby..."I heard that"....WTF ?

by Anonymousreply 334October 11, 2019 3:37 PM

Did they have to bring in paid audience members to clap and hoot and holler for Rand Paul?

by Anonymousreply 335October 11, 2019 3:38 PM

Rand Paul cuts his own hair

by Anonymousreply 336October 11, 2019 4:13 PM

Did anyone ask him why he went to Canada for his medical treatment if he's so opposed the socialized medicine?

by Anonymousreply 337October 11, 2019 4:48 PM

The view hosts should sent their kids and grandkids go protect the Kurds. Problem solved

by Anonymousreply 338October 11, 2019 6:32 PM

Loved when Ana would not let Paul talk down to her. Mansplaining to a Latina is a FOOLS errand.

Rand Paul is an asshole and they treated him like one.

r338, when we have a coward for president don't get so high and mighty with your bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 339October 11, 2019 6:41 PM

"Abbey, why are you always sharing other people's point of view, specifically right wingers? For a change, why don't you give us your View?"

by Anonymousreply 340October 11, 2019 6:48 PM

Scheduled guests for the week of OCT. 14 to 18 are as follows (subject to change):

Monday, Oct. 14– Ronan Farrow (author, “Catch and Kill”); “View Your Deal” with Gretta Monahan

Tuesday, Oct. 15– Rachael Ray (“Rachael Ray”; “Rachael Ray 50”)

Wednesday, Oct. 16– Chelsea Clinton guest co-hosts; Alyssa Milano (author, “Project Middle School”)

Thursday, Oct. 17– James Spader (“The Blacklist”)

Friday, Oct. 18– “The View” celebrates Sunny Hostin’s birthday; Victoria Beckham (“Victoria Beckham Beauty”); Common performs (album, “Let Love”)

by Anonymousreply 341October 11, 2019 8:01 PM

Will someone ask Ronan why his arms are so tiny?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342October 11, 2019 8:40 PM

Is Meghan going to be conveniently absent again when Chelsea co-hosts?

by Anonymousreply 343October 11, 2019 9:19 PM

r342, Ronan has his dad's arms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344October 11, 2019 9:22 PM

No, Ronan’s arms and hands are stranger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345October 11, 2019 9:24 PM

Peculiar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346October 11, 2019 9:25 PM

He’s like an animated overdized doll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347October 11, 2019 9:25 PM

I wonder if he inherited his father's multi-pound cock?

Step mother Ava Gardner stated that Frank was only 98 pounds but most of that was cock.

Frank was kind of spindly, like Ronan.

by Anonymousreply 348October 11, 2019 9:28 PM

I’m not sure what he is.

From one angle, we get this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349October 11, 2019 9:31 PM

From another, this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350October 11, 2019 9:31 PM

Is Abby special needs?

by Anonymousreply 351October 11, 2019 9:36 PM

Only caught the last half-hour of today's show and as R339 mentioned, I loved it when Rand Paul tried to condescend toward Ana and she was not having it. But then, it's how he usually is - acting superior and patronizing,

by Anonymousreply 352October 12, 2019 1:29 AM

Mr. Meghan McCain was a dud on Bill Maher.

by Anonymousreply 353October 12, 2019 11:01 AM

She usually is, r353....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354October 12, 2019 4:01 PM

R353 is right. Ben D was a complete dud — so fucking boring I doubt he’ll be asked back.

by Anonymousreply 355October 13, 2019 4:54 AM

Is Meghan taking Friday’s off to avoid Anna?

by Anonymousreply 356October 18, 2019 6:00 PM

He was terrible on real time. They did not even do overtime, which is just 15 more minutes.

by Anonymousreply 357October 18, 2019 9:30 PM

[quote]Ben D was a complete dud — so fucking boring I doubt he’ll be asked back.

But he must be amazing at eating pussy.

by Anonymousreply 358October 18, 2019 11:11 PM

Funny that Red M took the paywall off of this thread.

Post here or here, but we will continue

[The original Season 20 thread remains pay walled.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359October 19, 2019 1:10 AM

Friday was so nice without Meg.

She has such a great chance to skewer this president for all the insane stuff he has done just lately and she almost always what abouts and down plays things like Ukraine. She is upset about Syria but if Hillary had done the same thing, she would have lost her shit. She remained fairly calm talking about it.

by Anonymousreply 360October 19, 2019 6:47 PM

Weekend Bump.

by Anonymousreply 361October 20, 2019 5:04 AM

Reprint from B thread:

Scheduled guests for the week of OCT. 21 to 25 are as follows (subject to change):

Monday, Oct. 21– Benedict Cumberbatch & Michael Shannon (“The Current War”); “View Your Deal”

Tuesday, Oct. 22– The Political View with Newt Gingrich (author, “Trump Vs. China: Facing America's Greatest Threat”); Edward Norton (“Motherless Brooklyn”)

Wednesday, Oct. 23– “The View” celebrates Meghan McCain’s birthday; Cameron Douglas (author, “Long Way Home”); a performance from Shooter Jennings

Thursday, Oct. 24– Michael Douglas (“The Kominsky Method”)

Friday, Oct. 25– Day of Hot Topics

—SoWhatWhoCares

by Anonymousreply 362October 20, 2019 5:07 AM

Oh jeez, Meghan's birthday... "I wish my daddy was here!" *incessant sobbing*

by Anonymousreply 363October 20, 2019 4:09 PM

Don't know if I'm going to be able to stomach Newt Gingrich for an entire episode

by Anonymousreply 364October 22, 2019 3:03 PM

So incredibly unbearable already.

by Anonymousreply 365October 22, 2019 3:14 PM

What did you expect, r365? What did you reasonably expect?

by Anonymousreply 366October 22, 2019 3:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!