Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Canadian Federal Election Officially Underway

Today marks the official beginning of Canada's federal election campaign for the October 21st election! With the Liberals and Conservatives neck and neck in the polls, it's possible Andrew Scheer could become Prime Minister. How are you voting?

The article below discusses why anyone who supports LGBTQ+ or women's rights should do everything in their power to block Scheer from winning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 19, 2019 4:59 AM

I'm voting Liberal.

by Anonymousreply 1September 12, 2019 12:11 AM

Which party's platform includes joining the US so the fuckhead incompetents from all the major parties in Canada don't turn us into a third-world shithole?

by Anonymousreply 2September 12, 2019 12:15 AM

While I think the popular vote will only be a few points different between the Liberals and Conservatives, Trudeau will win a reduced majority. Conservative support has tanked in Ontario and Quebec. Conservatives will gain seats in the west, but lose seats in Ontario.

by Anonymousreply 3September 17, 2019 7:27 PM

Same, R03

by Anonymousreply 4September 17, 2019 7:40 PM

Please don’t take your eye candy away from us Canada!!!

by Anonymousreply 5September 17, 2019 7:44 PM

If Canadians don't vote for Justin, I will never set foot in that cesspool of Deplorables ever again !!!

by Anonymousreply 6September 17, 2019 7:46 PM

R2: The standard of living in Canada is above that of the United State. You're a damn fool to want to give that up.

by Anonymousreply 7September 17, 2019 7:50 PM

Chuck the cuck Trudeau, Canada!

by Anonymousreply 8September 17, 2019 7:52 PM

I think you all know what's going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 9September 17, 2019 8:30 PM

Yeah r9, it’s their turn now. Such vile people on this earth.

by Anonymousreply 10September 17, 2019 10:52 PM

R9 I doubt vlad would care about rigging a Canadian election. That’d be like rigging an Under 7 girls’ soccer match... who cares?

by Anonymousreply 11September 17, 2019 11:13 PM

R9: How? They use paper ballots and it's only one race. They can't hack anything.

by Anonymousreply 12September 17, 2019 11:16 PM

My riding's MP is a Cabinet Minister. I liked the NDP and the Green leaders in last week's debate, but I have no reason to vote against a Cabinet minister who seems to be well liked.

The federal party most sympathetic to the gawdawful mess the US selected is unliked where I am. That federal party cannot tell the truth, even if it would help them in the polls. I'd like to see them tell their truth: "we are anti-choice, anti-LGBTQ, we are Israel toadies, we can't use proper terminology when discussing First Nations, we have no economic plan where our numbers add up, we don't say anything anti-Trump, we don't speak out against white supremacy because there's no 'there there', we won't give your community funds for cleanup and restoration after a flood, fire or hurricane because it's not in our economic interest to acknowledge the acceleration of climate change."

by Anonymousreply 13September 17, 2019 11:22 PM

Trudeau will lose. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 14September 17, 2019 11:33 PM

Melania is posting on the DataLounge. She's R5

by Anonymousreply 15September 17, 2019 11:39 PM

R14 = Donald Trump

by Anonymousreply 16September 18, 2019 3:13 AM

I absolutely love Canada but if they elect Sheer it will be yet another country on the list to avoid, so I really hope that doesn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 17September 18, 2019 8:44 AM

Trudeau will win a minority government. Not the worst outcome.

by Anonymousreply 18September 18, 2019 8:51 AM

And then the NDP will fuck it up again by joining a no confidence vote because they'll believe they can make gains. And we'll be stuck with another Conservative government in 2 years.

by Anonymousreply 19September 18, 2019 11:53 AM

Justin was nice to look at, but it's time for a REAL politician/leader.

by Anonymousreply 20September 18, 2019 11:59 AM

^no it isn't.

by Anonymousreply 21September 18, 2019 12:40 PM

Lets be honest, R20 is right. We can do better.

by Anonymousreply 22September 18, 2019 1:04 PM

^^^Andrew Scheer

by Anonymousreply 23September 18, 2019 1:09 PM

The latest conservative strategy appears to be implying that Justin and his wife have separated due to Justin's wondering eye. This was highlighted by an tweet by Globe & Mail's Ezra Levant who suggesting that Trudeau attempted to fuck Bianca Andreescu because they shared an on stage hug. While I believe the rumours and Justin and Sophie might be true, this is getting ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 24September 18, 2019 1:55 PM

Ezra Levant works for The Globe And Mail now??? I thought that asshole was only involved with that right wing Rebel Media bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 25September 18, 2019 2:30 PM

R25 Levant stated that Trudeau and Andreescu's hug was quote "pelvis to pelvis." If you watch the fucking clip their crotches are no where near touching. Some Conservative candidates and supporters are also showing a picture of Trudeau with his arm around Andreescu which taken out of context does look like he's in her personal space. When you watch the actually clip, she put her arm around Trudeau first and he's reciprocating and it last about 2 seconds.

As for Trudeau and his wife, I do believe something is up. She was very public for the first half of Trudeau's term but over the last year she's kind of dropped from the limelight. She only appears at events where her absence would raise questions. Conservatives should be careful lest we not forget Stephen Harper's separation from his wife.

by Anonymousreply 26September 18, 2019 3:02 PM

For those yearning for election antics, the riding Burnaby North Seymour has them.

The Burnaby North Seymour Conservative Constituency Association posted a doctored meme of entertainment personality and social commentator Rick Mercer's message to young adults telling them to vote, the distortion conveying the message to "Vote Conservative." Mercer has publicly asked CPC HQ to cut it out, and voters have taken to Commissioner of Canada Elections to complain about this possible campaign violation.

Legendary and pioneering out Svend Robinson is the NDP candidate. We hadn't heard much from Svend since his accidental removal of an engagement ring he hadn't yet paid for, in his excitement to finally be legally married

People's Party of Canada candidate Rocky Dong. Lest you judge me as juvenile, I tell you it's not the candidate's name that garners attention, but his hilariously awkward DIY campaign videos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 18, 2019 3:29 PM

I live in a riding that typically votes Liberal but in the last few days I've noticed way more conservative signs on people's lawns than in the past. I'm hoping it's a vocal minority rather than a sign of shifting intentions.

by Anonymousreply 28September 18, 2019 9:04 PM

Oh, No.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 19, 2019 12:53 AM

See R29. It's over.

by Anonymousreply 30September 19, 2019 12:54 AM

It's the height of irony that we will vote out the white guy for wearing a turban nor vote for the brown guy because he wears a turban.

by Anonymousreply 31September 19, 2019 1:22 AM

[quote]As for Trudeau and his wife, I do believe something is up. She was very public for the first half of Trudeau's term but over the last year she's kind of dropped from the limelight.

I think it's possible, too.

There has been gossip for several years that Trudeau has been involved with other women while he's been married to Sophie, and she didn't exactly deny it in an interview a few years ago, did she?

Although it's possible they have an understanding.

by Anonymousreply 32September 19, 2019 4:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!