Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mad About You Revival: Two More Vets Return — Plus One Who Won't

all here for the revival. Anne Ramsey is set to rejoin the cast for the forthcoming Spectrum revival; she played Lisa, the older sister to Helen Hunt’s Jamie, in the original series. Additionally, fellow franchise vet Jerry Adler — aka building super Mr. Wicker — will guest-star in the premiere. As previously reported, the 12-episode revival will air on Spectrum in two equal parts, with the first six episodes bowing Wednesday, Nov. 20, and the final six dropping on Wednesday, Dec. 18. The new episodes will find Paul (Paul Reiser) and Jamie adjusting to their new life as empty-nesters after dropping their “unpredictable, hard-to-control” grown-up daughter Mabel (Black Mirror‘s Abby Quinn) off at college.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 20, 2019 1:10 PM

I can't think of anything I want to watch less than this show.

by Anonymousreply 1September 9, 2019 5:35 AM

Why was this show such a big hit? The premise, a yuppie straight couple who engage in "witty" banter and make out all the time always seemed so......I don't know. Boring? Douchey?

by Anonymousreply 2September 19, 2019 1:31 AM

It’s fashionable to bash Mad About You now, and to downplay Helen Hunt’s winning streak at the Emmys. But it was a well-done, funny sitcom. It was actually my favorite show for much of its run.

by Anonymousreply 3September 19, 2019 1:34 AM

Is the dog coming back?

by Anonymousreply 4September 19, 2019 1:38 AM

What the fuck is Spectrum?

by Anonymousreply 5September 19, 2019 1:39 AM

It used to be Time Warner. And who the fuck asked for this?

by Anonymousreply 6September 19, 2019 1:40 AM

Judy Geeson for STILL MAD ABOUT YOU?

by Anonymousreply 7September 19, 2019 1:51 AM

Thanks, OP for not just including the important bit of that title and making people click on some shitty link.

I'll do everyone the solid you wouldn't.... the person who won't return is Lisa Kudrow.

You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 8September 19, 2019 1:54 AM

r6 Actually, it used to be Charter, a cable company which bought Time Warrner's cable operations and renamed the new, combined company (Charter and TW) Spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 9September 19, 2019 2:04 AM

I couldn't understand the popularity of this show. It was so awful, unwatchable, boring, and unfunny. WTF???? I'd rather see a reboot of Solid Gold with the original dancers, hobbling around with their arthritic feet, toupees, and dad bods!!!!

by Anonymousreply 10September 19, 2019 2:18 AM

The Saved by the Bell and even the Punky Brewster reboots have more people looking forward to see it again than this show does.

It's hard to believe it lasted for 7 seasons. It finished at #11 in the ratings for it's third seasons, but all the others ranked anywhere from #24 to #85.

by Anonymousreply 11September 19, 2019 2:25 AM

Is John Pankow coming back?

by Anonymousreply 12September 19, 2019 2:33 AM

Is Spectrum a free channel or a subscription service?

by Anonymousreply 13September 19, 2019 2:36 AM

It's always comforting to see how badly others have aged, or how bad their expensive work is. But you don't need a whole series when a made for TV movie would do.

by Anonymousreply 14September 19, 2019 2:52 AM

I think Spectrum is its own company, like Optimum or Verizon. I have optimum and I don't think I'd watch it even if it pops on on YT or Amazon. Seeing those people all old now will be depressing. Even worse to see them with freak faces if they've had surgery to try to look younger. I don't want to see Hunt with her eyebrows up around her hairline.

by Anonymousreply 15September 19, 2019 2:59 AM

Better than down around her vagine.

by Anonymousreply 16September 19, 2019 3:00 AM

Compare it to the shit that passes for sitcoms now. It was well done.

by Anonymousreply 17September 19, 2019 3:10 AM

I guess it was pleasant enough. But I seem to recall it had a very good time slot, too.

by Anonymousreply 18September 19, 2019 3:15 AM

Add me to the list of those who do not need or want this at all.

by Anonymousreply 19September 19, 2019 3:18 AM

I liked the original until the last couple of year. It seems most shows stay about 2 or 3 years longer than they should instead of going off in their prime. I have no desire to see them again, as elderly people. Why don't they just leave us with pleasant memories.

by Anonymousreply 20September 19, 2019 7:27 PM

I want to see it, don't have Spectrum, it's like that Clenn Close show that was only on Direct TV.

by Anonymousreply 21September 20, 2019 10:42 AM

The crew on Mad about You used to call HH "Helen Cunt"

Didn't Paul and Jamie get divorced in the final episodes? Sounds like they are jettisoning that storyline

by Anonymousreply 22September 20, 2019 10:51 AM

I enjoyed the first four seasons or so. Always found Paul Reiser sexy back then. But the description of the daughter turns me right off.

by Anonymousreply 23September 20, 2019 11:43 AM

I watched it when it originally aired, mainly due to its time slot the first four seasons. I’m not sure I followed it to Tuesday nights or ever watched reruns.

by Anonymousreply 24September 20, 2019 1:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!