Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chris March has Passed

He was sick and in and out of hospitals the last year, but a heart attack took him out. He was always one of my faves on Project Runway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69October 17, 2019 1:10 AM

Wendy Pepper, Mychael Knight, and now Chris March.

Man, a surprising number of Project Runway contestants have died.

by Anonymousreply 1September 6, 2019 9:32 PM

That's very sad. He seemed like a kind soul.

by Anonymousreply 2September 6, 2019 9:34 PM

Our thoughts and prayers.

by Anonymousreply 3September 6, 2019 9:35 PM

I really liked all three of these Project Runway alum, including the "controversial" Wendy Pepper.

They all appeared in the glory days of PR.

by Anonymousreply 4September 6, 2019 9:37 PM

A talented, kind man. Peace.

by Anonymousreply 5September 6, 2019 9:38 PM

Passed? Chris March has DIED.

by Anonymousreply 6September 6, 2019 9:40 PM

So sad. Thanks for posting, OP.

by Anonymousreply 7September 6, 2019 9:40 PM

RIP. He seemed to be a good guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 6, 2019 9:42 PM

Yep, seemed like a very sweet guy.

by Anonymousreply 9September 6, 2019 9:52 PM

He was fat. DL hates fat.

by Anonymousreply 10September 6, 2019 9:53 PM

So sad, loved him.

by Anonymousreply 11September 6, 2019 9:55 PM

He had been very sick in the hospital for a long time, had a stroke, out of control diabetes, kidney failure and other things that I can’t remember but he was in a coma and hospitalized for weeks. Then he lived in an assisted care facility and friends started multiple GoFundMes to help him pay his massive medical bills. Last I heard he was paralyzed on one side of his body and struggling to learn to walk again and in one of the updates he said the facility was homophobic and he wanted to move to another one. And now this.

RIP Chris.

by Anonymousreply 12September 6, 2019 10:04 PM

That's too bad. He was great fun on PR, seemed like a very good guy.

by Anonymousreply 13September 6, 2019 10:08 PM

So sad.

I didn’t know Wendy had died too.

by Anonymousreply 14September 6, 2019 10:11 PM

I remember him on PR constantly dozing off in the middle of the day and thinking he was the poster boy for sleep apnea. He had a lot going on health-wise.

by Anonymousreply 15September 6, 2019 10:13 PM

What a shock! He looked so healthy.

by Anonymousreply 16September 6, 2019 10:13 PM

Reading the OP's notice this all started when he fell & hit his head.. Damn!

by Anonymousreply 17September 6, 2019 10:13 PM

Following a "debilitating accident" in June 2017 that left him with ongoing medical issues, Chris March is offering up an update on his current condition, noting, “I have recently run into several setbacks in my recovery."

The Project Runway alum shared the news this week on a GoFundMe page created to help him pay for medical bills. The fashion designer noted that he is still struggling with the financial woes of having to pay for his extensive medical treatment following a fall in his home nearly two years ago that left him in a coma and the residual health issues that followed.

This week, he offered up some insight into how difficult his journey has been as he continues to recover from the incident:

"The biggest [setback recently] being that my medical insurance went up over 500 [percent] at the beginning of 2019. I am also in need of leg braces, specialized physical therapy, a hearing aid, and a new living arrangement. Where I am now is unbearable and makes me anxious and depressed every day. I have considered suicide many times. I have tried my best to make strides. There is a long road of physical therapy ahead of me. In December I was awarded disability, but California gives 95 [percent] of it to this facility, which leaves me with $52 per month. In the face of all my setbacks, I try to remain positive—the leg braces are an exciting new tool on my road to recovery. I am trying to get my tracheotomy removed, and I try my best to effect positive change in this facility for myself and all the residents here. I try to add humor, glamour, and a little glitter to my world.”

by Anonymousreply 18September 6, 2019 10:16 PM

link to his GoFundMe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 6, 2019 10:17 PM

R18 is from March of this year

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 6, 2019 10:20 PM

RIP Chris. So much fun on his season of Project Runway.

by Anonymousreply 21September 6, 2019 10:22 PM

Jack Mackenroth will outlive them all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 6, 2019 10:23 PM

RIP. He did seem like a kind soul who enjoyed life. He’s someone I would have liked to have known.

by Anonymousreply 23September 6, 2019 10:56 PM

Passed what, OP? A gall stone? Wind? A car hogging the overtaking lane?

by Anonymousreply 24September 6, 2019 11:00 PM

He passed the bar exam, Rose @R24.

by Anonymousreply 25September 6, 2019 11:04 PM

[quote]"The biggest [setback recently] being that my medical insurance went up over 500 [percent] at the beginning of 2019.

Damn Trump, Steve Scalise, Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, every Republican, and every Democrat and Independent who stayed home out of ire, apathy, or just plain laziness. How many other Chris Marches have died (or are dying as I type) because Trump and the GOP just HAD to dismantle the ACA because...Obama.

They should all learn what it's like to have expensive insurance that still barely pays for jack shit, or have doctors laugh in your face, then curl their lip in disdain when you present your ACA/expanded Medicaid card.

Fuck. Them. All.

RIP, Chris. You were a gentle soul who deserved better.

by Anonymousreply 26September 6, 2019 11:11 PM

He seemed like a nice, talented guy.

by Anonymousreply 27September 6, 2019 11:15 PM

Yes, he was the same season as now-prostitute Mackenroth.

by Anonymousreply 28September 6, 2019 11:16 PM

Sad. He did add humor, glamour, and a little glitter to the world.

by Anonymousreply 29September 6, 2019 11:21 PM

That is sad.

by Anonymousreply 30September 6, 2019 11:39 PM

No motherfuckers ‘ he passed’ Is the right way to say it in the hood. Don’t you black people know nothing

by Anonymousreply 31September 6, 2019 11:46 PM

How did Mychael Knight die?

by Anonymousreply 32September 6, 2019 11:49 PM

Nobody knows, R32.

His family asked for "privacy." However, many people speculated about the cause of death.

by Anonymousreply 33September 6, 2019 11:50 PM

He was on RHONY, designing a party outfit for Sonja.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 6, 2019 11:53 PM

R32 About Mychael Knight: “He had been open about his battle with irritable bowel syndrome and extreme weight loss in recent months“ but the cause of death remains a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 35September 6, 2019 11:55 PM

Chris was a huge talent.

by Anonymousreply 36September 7, 2019 12:02 AM

We spent time in the same circles back in the day. He was truly as kind as is being reported. He deserved a much better end to his story.

by Anonymousreply 37September 7, 2019 12:10 AM

Really sad ending for a good and decent and kind guy.

by Anonymousreply 38September 7, 2019 12:28 AM

This makes me so sad.

by Anonymousreply 39September 7, 2019 12:29 AM

Oh, this makes me so sad! He used to design costumes for Beach Blanket Babylon in San Francisco. He was so funny and over the top!

by Anonymousreply 40September 7, 2019 12:32 AM

Meryl wore one of his designs to the Oscars a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 41September 7, 2019 12:32 AM

R32 R33 Mychael Knight lost a LOT of weight towards the end of his life, to the point where he was almost unrecognizable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 7, 2019 12:37 AM

R32 R33 R42

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43September 7, 2019 12:39 AM

Don't you remember? On his PR season, Jack Mack. had to drop out due to illness so Tim brought back the last designer who'd been auf'd and that was Chris March. I remember all the other designers cheered when he came through the door.

by Anonymousreply 44September 7, 2019 1:04 AM

I worked with his brother in SF at a corp retail office. Right after Chris's season ended, his brother brought Chris in for a special luncheon for Project Runway Fans in the office and he had some fabulous dish. He was truly a wonderful guy. Funny thing, his brother was a very nice guy, but the polar opposite of Chris. Total accountant right down to the calculator in his front pocket. Skinny and dull but very funny too.

by Anonymousreply 45September 7, 2019 1:38 AM

It’s sad that his final days were so depressing and stressful for him. Hopefully he has friends and family around him.

by Anonymousreply 46September 7, 2019 1:47 AM

Oh, the poor dear soul. I'm glad his suffering is over. Rest in peace sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 47September 7, 2019 2:08 AM

Who is he ? He's really H O T.

by Anonymousreply 48September 7, 2019 3:47 AM

Chris had his own TV show following PR.

It was about his design team in NTC. It was Chris and a couple guys & a couple women. They were all so funny & so talented. It was mostly about his OTT costume business.

Did anyone else watch?

I remember one episode Chrissy Teigen came in for a consult. It was before she had married John Legend.

by Anonymousreply 49September 7, 2019 11:06 AM

He had some big name clients and a lot of drag queens. Remember he didn't get to show at fashion week because his final collection was made of.....DOG HAIR!!! What a trip. I won't forget the magic that was his and Siriano's Avant Garde look - the most beautiful and extravagant one ever made on PR. And that wheezy laugh of his didn't sound healthy at all. I'm all for self destruction but not he long protracted kind.

When you suffer that much illness and indignity and loss of independence....he had to have wished that he had taken better care of himself. It's fine to say I'm here for a good time, not a long time. But you better have an exit strategy. Poor guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 7, 2019 11:25 AM

Chris introducing the drag queen segment of PR

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 7, 2019 12:47 PM

His foam wigs at Target were fun

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 7, 2019 1:09 PM

Christian Siriano on Twitter:

“Chris you brought so much beauty into this world and will truly be missed. It was an honor to share a very special experience with you. I hope you are resting someplace beautiful dressed in one of your unbelievable creations.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 7, 2019 2:08 PM

From Nina Garcia:

“The Project Runway Family will miss you my dear Chris. You brought joy, fantasy and fun into your fashion and into your life. You made us laugh and you laughed with us during the taping of season 4.

That’s how we will always remember you. You dreamed and helped create a more beautiful world. Rest in heaven (with lots of rhinestones, lace & sequins).”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 7, 2019 2:14 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55September 7, 2019 2:22 PM

And this was the best Meryl ever looked in my opinion. Gorgeous down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56September 7, 2019 2:27 PM

HIs friendship with Christian Siriano was really sweet. He was like an older brother to Christian--he admired his talent and encouraged him but wasn't shy about rolling his eyes and dismissing Christian's drama.

by Anonymousreply 57September 7, 2019 2:28 PM

Meryl Streep never looked better than when she wore a beautiful Chris March dress to the Oscars in 2010.

He seemed just as fun, kind, and witty as he was talented. RIP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58September 7, 2019 2:31 PM

Chris as Lisa Vanderpump. He dressed Andy Cohen as Giggy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59September 7, 2019 2:32 PM

No one wants to fuck you because you have a kind soul

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60September 7, 2019 3:15 PM

Prostitution whore, r60!

by Anonymousreply 61September 7, 2019 4:55 PM

So he helped build a media empire that made many rich but according to this article was living on $52 a month disability after paying his medical bills.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62September 7, 2019 8:32 PM

Not quite r62. Chris was living in an assisted living facility, the disability pay out he got covered the cost of the assisted living facility and gave him 52 bucks for outside expenses.

by Anonymousreply 63September 7, 2019 9:26 PM

Chris March was one of the handful of designers on that show who was universally liked and well remembered despite not being in the final three.

by Anonymousreply 64September 8, 2019 2:00 PM

He was one of the most talented designers they had on the show, even though more for costumes than for fashion.

by Anonymousreply 65September 8, 2019 2:57 PM

Loved the episode where Heidi and the 2 other judges lambasted Chris for his "costumey" designs then the special celebrity judge was a huge and well respected fashion designer and called Chris's creation art.

The other 3 sat there eating shit. Hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 66September 8, 2019 10:53 PM

He was bitchy enough for entertaining TV yet kind enough to be lovable which is a difficult balance to achieve

by Anonymousreply 67October 16, 2019 8:35 PM

I remember that, R66. Michael Kors looked like he had just eaten sour shit.

by Anonymousreply 68October 16, 2019 9:57 PM

Chris March would have never been chosen for the new Project Runway.

by Anonymousreply 69October 17, 2019 1:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!