Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Datalounge is NOT Reddit.

Doesn’t it seem like datalounge is getting more and more like reddit?

You don’t have to WW every single post, it isn’t an upvote.

And enough with the Ask Me Anything threads!

by Anonymousreply 51September 19, 2019 9:55 PM

Take some silver, OP. 🥈

by Anonymousreply 1September 6, 2019 12:29 AM

Who the hell died and made you Head Cunt of this place, OP?

I'll dole out WWs as much as I want. It's not like we have a WW board anymore.

by Anonymousreply 2September 6, 2019 12:32 AM

I'm with r2. I like giving out WW. It's fun! I don't give a shit about the AMAs. No one here is that interesting and I do not care about your lives. "I'm a nubile young teen" or "I'm having an affair" could not be more boring. The only personal stories I like are ESTs.

by Anonymousreply 3September 6, 2019 12:35 AM

[quote] Doesn’t it seem like datalounge is getting more and more like reddit?

No.

[quote] You don’t have to WW every single post, it isn’t an upvote.

Duh.

[quote] And enough with the Ask Me Anything threads!

Take a nap, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4September 6, 2019 12:35 AM

Muriel.

Muriel died and made me head of DL.

by Anonymousreply 5September 6, 2019 12:35 AM

It's not, thank goodness. I've tried to get into Reddit but 80% of the conversations stray away from the main topic into side-jokes and side-conversation. DL, occasional vulgarity aside, is much more informative and straightforward.

by Anonymousreply 6September 6, 2019 12:37 AM

OP is right, of course.

Because he can't accept the the DL is just another cow trough for the bovines to dribble their shit down their legs while they chew their cud and call it "fun" and "life affirming" and "sassy."

And the geldings who estrogenize the place are the same.

Just look at R6, "defending" the DL while citing "occasional vulgarity." "Informative and straightforward."

The two adjectives that tell the curse of the Guernsey Girls better than any pejoratives a seasoned DLer could fling.

Moo.

by Anonymousreply 7September 6, 2019 12:55 AM

R7, you type like my 12 year old niece after she discovered a thesaurus. But she's smarter and less angry.

by Anonymousreply 8September 6, 2019 12:59 AM

I wish DataLounge were more exclusive.

by Anonymousreply 9September 6, 2019 1:03 AM

What does ESTs mean?

by Anonymousreply 10September 6, 2019 1:07 AM

R7, are you one of the posters on the moo cow thread?

by Anonymousreply 11September 6, 2019 1:08 AM

Melrose, is that you @ R7? Well, moo to you, too!

by Anonymousreply 12September 6, 2019 1:09 AM

R11, I think R7 is one of those strange coincidences, like the Kennedy-Lincoln connection. R7 types too smart to be a cow.

by Anonymousreply 13September 6, 2019 1:11 AM

Op, go find a large and rusty pole.

Then shove it up your prolapsed rectum, you fucking hall monitor, prissy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 14September 6, 2019 1:45 AM

r7 took a huge, poorly written dump in the middle of this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 6, 2019 1:50 AM

[quote]You don’t have to WW every single post, it isn’t an upvote.

It can look like that because a variety of people are WWing different replies. The result is that many replies then have WWs. You can see in a thread where diametrically different replies have similar WW counts from different people.

by Anonymousreply 16September 6, 2019 1:50 AM

R6 Exactly! I dislike reddit for a number of reasons but chief among them is the commenters inability to stay the fuck on topic. It's like everyone there has a raging case of untreated ADHD.

by Anonymousreply 17September 6, 2019 2:10 AM

OP, this is a message board. All message boards are fundamentally the same whether you like it or not. Find something engaging to post or shut the fuck up. x

by Anonymousreply 18September 6, 2019 2:18 AM

I don't think the WW system is at all analogous to the upvote set up at reddit. Here you can get 15 ww and it won't affect the order in which your comment appears. In reddit the most popular comments are shown first so you don't see the wide range of opinions that you do here. And half the time the most popular comment is some corny one liner only peripherally related to the subject being discussed.

by Anonymousreply 19September 6, 2019 2:18 AM

Reddit is awful. Look at their advice subreddits. It is suburban trash breeder drama all the time. Nothing like the insight, fun and wit you see on DL.

by Anonymousreply 20September 6, 2019 2:23 AM

Just fyi DL has a subreddit too, OP.

by Anonymousreply 21September 6, 2019 5:16 AM

Reddit seems younger.

by Anonymousreply 22September 6, 2019 5:56 AM

R22 But Data Lounge still LOOKS younger.

by Anonymousreply 23September 6, 2019 6:36 AM

WWs basically are upvotes now thanks to the trolls no one wants to do anything about. There will never be a WW column anymore, not after PPSM showed everyone how easy it was to use sockpuppets to get a post on the WW sidebar. That was years ago so you might want to get used to it, OP.

by Anonymousreply 24September 6, 2019 6:40 AM

R7 is getting a ton of attention by spamming the board with their anti woman blather (which is becoming less and less coherent) but at least you can put him on ignore easily. When the Reddit bros do it, it's a pain to add them to a block list.

by Anonymousreply 25September 6, 2019 6:43 AM

I’ll have you know, OP, that I’ve made several posts that did not receive a single W&W.

by Anonymousreply 26September 6, 2019 6:43 AM

Reddit is fun but it's dominated by young straight men, so it's a different atmosphere. (Every sub has its own personality, so it's not like that everywhere, but the biggest gay subreddit I know of is r/gaybros: the site definitely has a bent towards "bro"-ness.) WWs are pretty harmless I think. They don't redirect the conversation or stifle unpopular opinions like you might argue that upvotes/downvotes can.

by Anonymousreply 27September 6, 2019 6:46 AM

That's a very important distinction r27. Thank Muriel for DL.

by Anonymousreply 28September 6, 2019 7:08 AM

Bunp because a lot of you fags need a reminder.

by Anonymousreply 29September 9, 2019 5:03 PM

The old DataLounge switcharoo

by Anonymousreply 30September 9, 2019 5:06 PM

The Redditization of DL.

by Anonymousreply 31September 9, 2019 5:11 PM

The Internet is so 2005.

by Anonymousreply 32September 9, 2019 5:32 PM

R7 is just Devin Nunes, still pissed about the cow thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33September 9, 2019 5:35 PM

Reddit is DOWN and I have no sources for my photos of big beautiful cocks!

by Anonymousreply 34September 18, 2019 10:04 PM

r34 It's crazy to me how Reddit is down almost every single day. How is the site still so buggy after all this time?!

by Anonymousreply 35September 18, 2019 10:09 PM

Never had any trouble with Reddit but I'm not on there every day.

by Anonymousreply 36September 19, 2019 4:23 AM

Reddit is useful, the only real analysis ever done on this website was the guy who analyzed Linda Lavin's versions of the Alice theme song. That was worthy of a doctorate.

by Anonymousreply 37September 19, 2019 4:52 AM

Reddit isn't down all that often, maybe a little more than DL, but not much.

by Anonymousreply 38September 19, 2019 3:26 PM

OP it ain't that deep. Count to ten gurl.

by Anonymousreply 39September 19, 2019 3:31 PM

What the hell does EST and ww mean PLEASE? Someone ?

by Anonymousreply 40September 19, 2019 3:45 PM

I don't know either.

EST= Emotional Support Troll ?????

by Anonymousreply 41September 19, 2019 3:55 PM

EST = Elaborate Story Troll, the type of person you see taking three paragraphs to explain how incredible their love life is or something.

WW = Wit and Wisdom... when you press it it's basically a show of approval for the comment... like an upvote or a thumbs up... you appreciated what that user contributed to the discussion.

by Anonymousreply 42September 19, 2019 3:58 PM

OP's picture

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43September 19, 2019 4:12 PM

R41 R42 Thank you both

by Anonymousreply 44September 19, 2019 4:13 PM

The absolute worst thing about Reddit is how every single sub-Reddit is peppered with bad works of “art” users have “created”. Usually with a really pathetic “I know it’s not great lol but pls be kind!”. I came here to discuss a tv programme not look at your crap painting you did of one of its actors.

by Anonymousreply 45September 19, 2019 5:24 PM

I'm a member of a few subreddits, and one pet peeve annoys me immensely. So many people start their sentences with the phrase "I mean, ..." Why even type that out that filler phrase? Just save yourself (and your audience) some keystrokes.

by Anonymousreply 46September 19, 2019 5:38 PM

r38 You're entirely wrong, I'm afraid. This is the place a lot of the Redditors report downtime and congregate at in the comments whenever Reddit is down. There have been three major incidents within the past three days, either with the site not being accessible or with the login. Mind you, that downtime usually lasts for minutes, and very rarely longer. You can see there have been more than 20k reports about the last outage in the past 24 hours.

You must not be a frequent user if you think Reddit is down as much as DL, which isn't down very often at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 19, 2019 8:03 PM

r46 What an anally-retentive pet peeve that is. I use that phrase constantly and trust me, I'm completely at peace with the time that will take out of my lifetime in the end. I'm sure everyone else who uses it is as well.

by Anonymousreply 48September 19, 2019 8:06 PM

DL has a subreddit?

by Anonymousreply 49September 19, 2019 9:41 PM

A DL subreddit would be disastrous... it needn't be made nor mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 50September 19, 2019 9:52 PM

[quote] Because he can't accept the the DL is just another cow trough for the bovines to dribble their shit down their legs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 19, 2019 9:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!