Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

MSNBC will host 2020 Democrats — and one Republican — at the next climate town hall

[quote]The event, which is cosponsored by the Georgetown Institute of Politics and Public Service, Our Daily Planet, and New York Magazine, will feature some of the candidates excluded from Wednesday’s town hall. While CNN limited its invites to candidates at the top of polls, MSNBC will allow all candidates — even Republican presidential candidates — to take its stage.

[quote]The candidates will field questions from moderators Chris Hayes and Ali Velshi, both MSNBC hosts, as well as the audience, which will be made up of college students from the Washington, DC, area and from early primary states like South Carolina. Those not in attendance will be able to watch on MSNBC, Telemundo, and NBC News Now.

[quote]The two-day event begins on September 19.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 20, 2019 2:36 PM

[bold]Confirmed appearances as of this moment:[/bold]

Michael Bennett (D-CO)

Cory Booker (D-NJ)

Steve Bullock (D-MT)

Pete Buttigieg (D)

Julián Castro (D)

John Delaney (D)

Tim Ryan (D-OH)

Bernie Sanders (I-VT)

Tom Steyer (D)

Bill Weld (R-MA)

Marianne Williamson (D)

Andrew Yang (D)

by Anonymousreply 1September 5, 2019 6:57 PM

[bold]Sanders to attend latest climate forum while Biden and Warren pass[/bold]

[quote]Kamala Harris, Beto O’Rourke and Amy Klobuchar to also miss the MSNBC event timed to align with global climate strikes.

[quote]Organizers said most candidates who declined cited scheduling conflicts in the early voting state of Iowa, including for an LGBTQ forum in Cedar Rapids on Friday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2019 11:55 PM

Schedule of speakers, if you intend to watch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2019 11:56 PM

Weld is a RINO.

by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2019 11:57 PM

Shit just got REAL!

😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2019 11:59 PM

Anyone watching the livestream? Bennet is on now, followed by Yang, Williamson, Sanders, Delaney, Ryan, and Castro.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 19, 2019 2:19 PM

Why the hell am *I* not there!?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 19, 2019 2:31 PM

This is a non issue for large majority of voters

by Anonymousreply 8September 19, 2019 2:32 PM

r7 I think for the same reason Warren and Biden passed on it - because it clashes with the LGBT forum tomorrow.

r8 Your assertion is completely unsupported by any polling, deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 9September 19, 2019 2:36 PM

Bullock is talking now, Pete next, and then Steyer and Weld. Haven't heard the last two speak, ever.

I'm sad I missed Booker speaking before Bullock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 20, 2019 2:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!