Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

CNN, HRC to Host Democratic Presidential Town Hall on LGBTQ Issues in October

Get ready to hear about trannies non-stop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139September 20, 2019 7:20 PM

I, for one, support our trans overladies.

by Anonymousreply 1September 5, 2019 5:54 PM

Will DL fav Rachel Mckinnon moderate?

by Anonymousreply 2September 5, 2019 6:02 PM

Maybe someone of the moment like Chrysanthemum Tran or Jacob Tobia can provide a slam poetry interstitial to break up what is sure to be a heated discussion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 5, 2019 6:11 PM

What’s next, you idiots — a Town Hall on reparations? How about one on voting rights for prisoners? Or free health care for all undocumented immigrants?

Are they TRYING to lose the election next year?

by Anonymousreply 4September 5, 2019 6:25 PM

They already lost. This election is such a joke. We already know how it’s gonna turn out. Trump gets re-elected. Dems go nuts. A repeat of 2004 all over again. Hopefully Dems get their shit together, take the senate in 2022 and the get the WH in 2024 hanging onto all of Congress a la Obama 2009.

by Anonymousreply 5September 5, 2019 7:46 PM

Oh, the dialogue we will have R3

by Anonymousreply 6September 5, 2019 8:25 PM

R5 Political parties have a shelf life in the U.S., I think this is the Dems last national election. They'll probably get replaced by the libertarians or the greens.

by Anonymousreply 7September 5, 2019 8:26 PM

R7 That is moronic on so many levels.

by Anonymousreply 8September 5, 2019 8:30 PM

They better take the time to get their pronouns correct or there will be hell to pay.

by Anonymousreply 9September 5, 2019 8:33 PM

Biden is too senile to remember all those pronouns. He's just going to throw up his hands midway and walk off stage.

by Anonymousreply 10September 5, 2019 8:38 PM

That should get about 4 less viewers than Nikelodeon if Anderson Vanderbilt hosts.

by Anonymousreply 11September 5, 2019 8:42 PM

I wonder if she'll finally come out and formally introduce us to Huma.

by Anonymousreply 12September 5, 2019 8:43 PM

She’ll never do that, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 13September 5, 2019 8:45 PM

HRC refers, in this situation, to the Human Rights Commission, not Hillary, r12.

Troll thread.

by Anonymousreply 14September 5, 2019 8:59 PM

Actually, R14, it's the Human Rights CAMPAIGN, formerly known as the Human Rights Campaign Fund, derisively known as the Human Rights Champagne Fund, because it's rooted in rich white gay men thanking each other at overpriced receptions for donating money to an $8 million D.C. building which didn't need to be built, and the favors HRC doles out in cash to politicians who give gays the time of day.

HRC has now been taken over/funded by the billionaire tranny Jennifer Pritzker, who will force a Trans First agenda on the debate, and skewer any chance of a balanced discussion about equal rights, because the obese hideous tranny 'Prickster' who donated millions to HRC is actually still a Republican.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 5, 2019 9:12 PM

Oh no, this is not good. This is not good at all.

by Anonymousreply 16September 5, 2019 9:21 PM

R15 THANK YOU. HRC represents "queers" and trans only.

by Anonymousreply 17September 5, 2019 9:25 PM

The debate will be moderated by Alok, wearing his Oprah costume.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 5, 2019 9:48 PM

Name one legislative victory the HRC has accomplished. Not state ones, they concentrate on the federal level and sometimes take credit for the work of state LGBTQ organizations.

by Anonymousreply 19September 5, 2019 11:01 PM

The HRC is basically a social networking organization for well-off professionals.

by Anonymousreply 20September 5, 2019 11:05 PM

Im only watching if Don Lemon and Anderson Cooper will moderate and yell at those bitches if they talk too long.

by Anonymousreply 21September 5, 2019 11:06 PM

Beto wins immediately as he walks out with his cock out.

by Anonymousreply 22September 5, 2019 11:08 PM

It will be a Bernie crowd. He'll toss his soiled undies to the audience.

by Anonymousreply 23September 5, 2019 11:46 PM

Is it weird that as a gay man I don't want to watch this? It's partly the endless mooing about transgenderism, but even the constant reassurance that LOVE IS LOVE, ALL LIVES ARE IMPORTANT, GAY RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS. I'm kind of already embarrassed for everyone involved, and don't need the earnest approval. Well that and everyone being excessively weirdly polite to Pete Buttiegieg and scrambling to find the Homo in Their Life who Taught Them So Much.

by Anonymousreply 24September 5, 2019 11:56 PM

Anderson Cooper: Mayor Pete, as you may know, my good friend Andy Cohen is all top.

Pete Buttigieg: I’m sorry? No, I don’t—look, the LGBT community is facing a lot of discrimination under this administration. When I am president, I will—

AC: I’m sorry, Sir, but I didn’t finish my question and Andy and I have a bet going. SJP is also in on it. So, Mayor Pete, top or bottom?

PB: I’m not going to answer that.

AC: You can’t plead the fifth. This isn’t Bravo.

PB: Are you sure about this? This is ridiculous.

AC: Dude! You have “butt” in your name! [giggles] Admit it, total bottom. I called it!

PB: I don’t appreciate this. At all.

Don Lemon: I’m, I’m sorry, Mayor Buttigieg. I apologize for my colleague. He has a Cohen problem. Listen, switching gears. Did you know if you don’t want to—you know, if a man puts his...you know. In your, your face, in your mouth. Teeth. You can use your teeth. Did that ever occur to you?

AC: Hey, just got a question for Chris Cuomo. Chris...oh, not a question. It’s from Andy Cohen. He says you’re bustin’ out of your suit. He says the gun show’s in town. He says he wants to tap that bowling ball of an ass. Hehehe!

Chris Cuomo: Thanks, man! I don’t mind gettin a little attention from the fa—the gays, gay guys, ya know. Look but don’t touch!

AC: Like but don’t DM!

DL: You can DM me! You can look AND touch!

PB: Please stop!!!

by Anonymousreply 25September 6, 2019 12:04 AM

I hope Castro is still supporting government payments for birth control for MtF's.

by Anonymousreply 26September 6, 2019 12:10 AM

That was a profound moment, r26. Sweet Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 27September 6, 2019 12:57 AM

I think this is good.

by Anonymousreply 28September 6, 2019 1:03 AM

[quote]Well that and everyone being excessively weirdly polite to Pete Buttiegieg and scrambling to find the Homo in Their Life who Taught Them So Much.

I agreed with everything except this. Pete has taken so much shit from the Left for not being gay enough for for having the audacity to be a gay white male.

by Anonymousreply 29September 6, 2019 1:13 AM

I don't mind Pete. I like him. But I'm afraid he'll be this prop for all the virtue signaling. I just, ugh.

by Anonymousreply 30September 6, 2019 1:16 AM

Pete has taken so much shit from the Tranny, Blax & Latinx Twitter addicts on the far stupid Left who think they're activists but have never done anything worthwhile for not being gay enough...

by Anonymousreply 31September 6, 2019 1:19 AM

Here's the video of Julián putting his foot in his mouth. He obviously meant women who are trans, and thought the term for that was "transwomen." Logical, but a give away that he's majorly out of touch on gay issues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 6, 2019 2:23 AM

R32 Christ, "transfemale."

by Anonymousreply 33September 6, 2019 2:25 AM

Well, this should be interesting. Cringeworthy at times, as they rush to outdo each other to demonstrate exactly how woke they are. Except Bernie, who’s an old curmudgeon. And Biden, who’s just old.

by Anonymousreply 34September 6, 2019 2:42 AM

I know Biden is going to say something weird and out of left field, and there will be much moaning and crying and sobbing on the twitter, but it will be funny and wonderful and I won't be offended at all.

by Anonymousreply 35September 6, 2019 2:50 AM

I am SO sick of hearing about trannies. Gays were the ones who spent decades fighting for rights and now trannies want to try to jump in and demand it all be about them.

by Anonymousreply 36September 6, 2019 2:53 AM

But r36 trans women of color were responsible for Stonewall! White gay men had nothing to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 37September 6, 2019 2:56 AM

ya know, it suddenly occurs to me in this drunken late night hour, are there any DLers who claim to be actual Stonewall participants? I'm not sure I remember anyone saying I Was There!

by Anonymousreply 38September 6, 2019 2:59 AM

Nothing suspect about this

[quote]”The live audience will be comprised of HRC members, supporters and community leaders. Tickets will be invitation-only; A limited number of print media credentials will be available.”

Hopefully Miss Clymer, HRC spokeswoman extraordinaire, will make an appearance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 6, 2019 3:04 AM

[Quote] Are they TRYING to lose the election next year?

Obviously. But the idea must have come from some GOP operative. Um no wait, dems are dumb enough on their own and don't need any help.

by Anonymousreply 40September 6, 2019 3:11 AM

oh come on, people, I know we are supposed to go into hysterics about every misstep, but this will be a blip. nobody is going to lose this election because there was a gay rights moment in 2019.

by Anonymousreply 41September 6, 2019 3:17 AM

GOP wins by keeping the Democratic Party trapped in identity politics.

by Anonymousreply 42September 6, 2019 3:35 AM

GOP doesn't win with the stupidest most fucked up president ever. Eyes on the prize people. Remind America constantly, Trump is a fucking syphalitic lunatic without the slightest idea what the hell he is doing or what he wants, other than more money.

by Anonymousreply 43September 6, 2019 3:37 AM

Julian Castro has a great ass. He needs to face away from the audience as much as possible and wear smug but well tailored pants. Believe me, it works.

by Anonymousreply 44September 6, 2019 7:15 AM

HRC and CNN will announce their first LGBT Hero Award at the event, with the inaugural award going to one Mr. Aaron Schock for his show of great courage, tenacity and butthole over the past year.

by Anonymousreply 45September 6, 2019 10:15 AM

You never know which side the HRC is on. Does it have a lot of log cabin Republicans?

by Anonymousreply 46September 6, 2019 10:56 AM

R46 As far as I can tell these days, HRC is Charlotte Clymer and Charlotte Clymer is HRC. She’s so loud and forceful with her opinion, and as she has co-opted her position as HRC communications director to become “Charlotte climber” and make a transgender-agenda celebrity of herself, taking this whole organization with her. Given that, I don’t see many Log Cabiners trailing along. (But at the same time, HRC’s fundraising activities have also made me scratch my head at times and I do truly worry that at some point, they’ll create some excuse to honor Aaron Schock because someone at the top of the organization got to fuck him.)

Unlike apparently a lot of people here, I am not anti-trans at all. I think transgender people deserve equal rights and opportunities as does everyone. I am though a bit baffled and confused by the Human Rights Campaign’s decision to allow this one person’s voice to co-opt its organization so that her personal opinion is indistinguishable from the organization’s political agenda. It’s very weird to me. I am comms director for an organization and I am very careful not to inadvertently conflate my personal opinions with the organization’s positions online. I think it’s a very unethical thing to do considering all the differing viewpoints of members and donors who presumably are not contributing to advance one “social clymer’s” agenda.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 6, 2019 11:10 AM

Interesting to hear about Clymer r47. Thank you. Before the trans period I am thinking, it had always struck me as rather corporate and social climbing.

by Anonymousreply 48September 6, 2019 11:26 AM

It will be a shitfest as it will conflate all LGB rights with trans rights in the eyes of the public and tie the Democratic Party to that agenda. It will hurt LGB people and the Democrats. The HRC is out of touch with LGB people and to a large extent with reality, especially political reality.

by Anonymousreply 49September 6, 2019 12:13 PM

Shame on everyone who allowed a gay rights fund to be handed over to homophobic straight men.

This could have been avoided with a little critical thinking, a là "why would a man who is attracted to women need to change his gender?"

by Anonymousreply 50September 6, 2019 1:40 PM

"Why would men who are so deeply unfeminine identify with femininity?"

"Why do they feel so entitled to our resources?"

"Are they misrepresenting anything? Are they lying?"

by Anonymousreply 51September 6, 2019 1:43 PM

Their big issue will getting the candidates to say that makes belong in female prisons, taxpayers should pay for sex changes, even those jailed, ask them how many genders there are, and get them to agree on the bathroom issue. This is yet another disaster in the making.

by Anonymousreply 52September 6, 2019 1:49 PM

Their big issue will getting the candidates to say that males belong in female prisons, taxpayers should pay for sex changes, even those jailed, ask them how many genders there are, and get them to agree on the bathroom issue. This is yet another disaster in the making.

by Anonymousreply 53September 6, 2019 1:50 PM

The current administration has been bad for gay people as well as transgender people. They just recommended making being gay a fireable offense. There’s a lot more for potential presidential nominees to discuss than transgender concerns; however, I don’t really know what the point of this debate is (aside from promoting HRC) because it would be truly shocking if any of the Democratic candidates spoke against full rights and protections for all LGBT people.

by Anonymousreply 54September 6, 2019 1:54 PM

Beto has issued a statement saying that he will be wearing one of those Lovesense devices during the Town Hall event and when you donate, well...you know.

Thanks, Chaturbate!

by Anonymousreply 55September 6, 2019 2:01 PM

R56 I do seriously think the point is to ensure the Democratic candidates are all in line with trans identity issues. Trans got where they are today through big money and media manipulation, this is just another step in that process.

They parasitically latch onto the goodwill and support gay people have built up over decades. Just a small percentage of trans people are gay these days, pervy straights outnumber them several times over.

by Anonymousreply 56September 6, 2019 2:07 PM

We got to this current, circus-level state of lgbTTT due primarily to the pressuring by "liberal" heterosexuals and the passivity of gay men and women. Even on the DL we get these ostensibly "gay" men who vociferously defend the "rights" of heterosexuals to redefine basic, third-grade biology and in doing so literally try to define gay i.e. same-sex sexual orientation out of existence. I hope Mayor Pete doesn't give into the nonsense, even just publicly; throwing a bone or not immediately denouncing these people is how they got to where they are and it will either end with rational homos clapping back or with a backlash that hurts us in it's severity. I actually hope he doesn't participate in this at all, he's the one candidate who has the unquestionable standing to ignore it all together.

by Anonymousreply 57September 6, 2019 2:21 PM

When gay men in 1979 said we weren't attracted to women, regardless of how they appeared, we were called deviants and abominations.

When gay men in 2019 say we aren't attracted to women, regardless of how they identify, we are called transphobes and bigots.

Homophobia has many faces, and this time around it has actual "gay" people fully supporting it.

by Anonymousreply 58September 6, 2019 2:24 PM

R57 Pete's already given in, at least so far. Chasten seems to be a sincere believer too.

I'd die of joy if he talked back, though, even a little. Just to let them know how it really is.

by Anonymousreply 59September 6, 2019 2:30 PM

[quote]nobody is going to lose this election because there was a gay rights moment in 2019.

Thing is, R41, this isn't going to be about 'gay rights', it will be about the tranny agenda. I know it, and deep down, you know it too.

by Anonymousreply 60September 6, 2019 2:34 PM

Pete already drank the koolaid. He’s publicly supported Miss Major Griffin-Gracy, a transperson who made his money lying about being at Stonewall and disparages us as f*gs.

[quote]It’s been 50 years of fags running around talking about how proud they are and doing it on the back of my community.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61September 6, 2019 2:52 PM

I always suspected many gay and lesbian people were actually trans. They just didn't have the resources or courage to 'go there'. Now they can feel comfortable just identifying as the opposite sex without paying for that super-expensive surgery. More power to them if they're happier.

Just add unisex bathrooms and forget about it.

Let's hope the Future is accepting of all kinds of people.

by Anonymousreply 62September 6, 2019 3:14 PM

This would be a perfect opportunity for a gay man and a lesbian to rush the stage with a banner denouncing the trans ideology and its harmful effects on gay youth, gay history and gay culture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63September 6, 2019 3:16 PM

[quote]I always suspected many gay and lesbian people were actually trans. They just didn't have the resources or courage to 'go there'.

You gotta be fucking kidding me. Homophobic tranny at r62.

by Anonymousreply 64September 6, 2019 3:52 PM

Even as a gay person, I think there’s a much greater need for a debate focused on race than there is for one focused on LGBT issues. All of the candidates are certain to praise all LGBT people and pledge to support us.

Now a GOP debate about LGBT issues would be worth doing for sure.

by Anonymousreply 65September 6, 2019 4:18 PM

[quote] Even as a gay person, I think there’s a much greater need for a debate focused on race than there is for one focused on LGBT issues.

You don't speak for the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 66September 6, 2019 4:25 PM

Totally unnecessary. Debates need to center on questions where Democrats and Republicans overlap.

Having Democrats defend Democrats only issues is kinds stupid.

They should be discussing why Republicans are made up of old white hetero men and have no outreach.

Explain why the Republican Party is dying.

You know, Big Picture.

by Anonymousreply 67September 6, 2019 4:28 PM

"I always suspected many gay and lesbian people were actually trans. They just didn't have the resources or courage to 'go there" Homophobe finds one weird trick to say gay-hating things but still view himself as 'progressive' . This is like that other homophobic dickhead who said gay men are only failed transwomen. Why do you even come here- DL- a GAY site, when you think 'some" gay men aren't even real men, and "some" lesbians are "actually" men? Why are you supporting gay conversion on a GAY message board? Is that binder restricting oxygen to your brain?

by Anonymousreply 68September 6, 2019 4:31 PM

[quote] I always suspected many gay and lesbian people were actually trans. They just didn't have the resources or courage to 'go there'.

Well, you suspected wrong. Most gay men are quite happy being gay MEN. Some of them may put on a wig and heels at the drop of a hat, but just about all of us are quite happy being gay men with all the attendant and appropriate equipment. We are men and want other MEN. Gay guys don’t want a vagina and they don’t believe they have one should they occasionally don a frock.

“Many gays are really trans.” 🙄 This is such a delusion. It goes right along with this obsessive need to make everything about trans and make everyone buy into the bizarre notion that the world must revolve are all things trans. It doesn’t, and we’re not buying.

by Anonymousreply 69September 6, 2019 5:17 PM

Why are we talking about this when SEVENTY MILLION disabled trans women of color were brutally murdered over Trans Labor Day?! Y'all are EXHAUSTING me trying to keep up with all the ways you are committing literal genocide! DO BETTER!! PAY ME!

by Anonymousreply 70September 6, 2019 5:35 PM

NO ONE cares, r69. NO ONE. That's the problem. You care and the rest of the world doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 71September 6, 2019 5:36 PM

Yes they do, R71. There is a wide gulf between the public-facing/political and the personal/social.

by Anonymousreply 72September 6, 2019 5:49 PM

R62 Is a troll. Not possible for someone, even a shut-in DLer, to be that thick. Not slick!

by Anonymousreply 73September 6, 2019 6:44 PM

R72 is correct. Most people are savvy enough to keep their mouths shut when in public. They know that being anything other than fully supportive of all things trans would get them labeled as transphobic. People know, for example, that even if they have sincere and genuine reservations about young children being encouraged to transition, they has better keep those opinions to themselves.

Look at what Martina has endured. Most people don’t want to go through that.

by Anonymousreply 74September 6, 2019 6:47 PM

r62 is a troll, and a successful troll. But some non-troll people may actually not understand how stupid of an idea "gender neutral" bathrooms are. It seems like such a "progressive"--if not merely performative--policy change to be more "inclusive," but it actually results in predictable ends like more sexual assault of women. And this isn't something that the "woke" brigade can hand-wave away as fear mongering, it has a demonstrable track record, such that even "woke" bastions like the University of Toronto had to reverse their "new progressive policy!" when, surprise surprise, women began to be sexually assaulted in their "totally woke!" new gender neutral bathrooms.

I personally only care to the extent that I do NOT want to wait in bathroom queues. Like most things "woke!" it's women who are baring the brunt of the progressive hammer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75September 6, 2019 8:48 PM

Speaking of...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76September 6, 2019 9:00 PM

The boy, who has the support of his mother, began taking hormones in March and now feels “amazing” as a result of the treatment, his lawyers told the British Columbia court of appeals, the province’s highest court. In addition to an improved self-image, he no longer has suicidal thoughts, they said.

But his father is determined to block the continuation of the hormone treatment, arguing that the lower court rushed prematurely to judgment.

The lower court also ordered the father use the child’s chosen pronouns, meaning that if the father used his child’s birth name, or referred to him as a girl, it would be viewed as family violence under the province’s Family Law Act.

by Anonymousreply 77September 6, 2019 9:01 PM

R75 R76 R77 We're talking about the CNN LGBTQIA+ town hall here, start a new thread.

by Anonymousreply 78September 6, 2019 9:12 PM

[quote]meaning that if the father used his child’s birth name, or referred to him as a girl, it would be viewed as family violence under the province’s Family Law Act.

Holy Shit! Not much surprises me in the Gender Wars nowadays but this, wtf?!

by Anonymousreply 79September 6, 2019 9:23 PM

r42 The GOP KEEPS Dumbocrat party "trapped in identity politics"? Really? GOP controls Dumbocrats? ROFL

by Anonymousreply 80September 6, 2019 11:03 PM

I'm G. I LOVE G and B and C? and maybe Q (if I even knew what that meant). I don't know many L's but I like, accept, understand and them. I know fewer T's but I accept them, and think gender dysphoria is hard for me to understand. Yes, I think we all share similar (not the same) struggles, some by birth, some unknown, but that doesn't mean we can all be lumped in together into ONE identity group for the sake of politics. We're not pawns. That's just cray cray. Just my opinion. Maybe I'm old school, but I've paid my dues, bitches. Lol. Talk amongst yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 81September 6, 2019 11:10 PM

C? Crazy?

by Anonymousreply 82September 7, 2019 2:26 AM

[Quote] I always suspected many gay and lesbian people were actually trans. They just didn't have the resources or courage to 'go there'.

Whoa r62 you wanna break DL?

[Quote] Gay guys don’t want a vagina and they don’t believe they have one

Many bottoms do.

by Anonymousreply 83September 7, 2019 2:33 AM

A MANgina is not the same as a Vagina, R83.

by Anonymousreply 84September 7, 2019 3:20 AM

r84 and even though some FTM claim they have a "boy pussy," an ACTUAL "boy pussy" is a male twink's asshole, not a "front hole."

by Anonymousreply 85September 7, 2019 3:25 AM

Planned Parenthood needs to start providing pap smears for mussies! It's 2019, get with the times!

by Anonymousreply 86September 7, 2019 4:03 AM

The number of bottoms I've met who call their ass hole a pussy, asking to be made pregnant, for babies, I cannot begin to tell you.

by Anonymousreply 87September 7, 2019 4:38 AM

Supporting HRC MEANT SOMETHING in the days when getting a letter (paper means of communication) in your parent's mailbox addressed from them could mean you'd be homeless. Young gays today take their rights so much for granted. The causes are just contrived.

by Anonymousreply 88September 7, 2019 5:05 AM

R87 it doesn't mean they want to be women. Are you just trolling?

by Anonymousreply 89September 11, 2019 9:33 PM

This ridiculous notion that gay white men are all well-off and no longer suffer from discrimination really chaps my fucking ass.

by Anonymousreply 90September 11, 2019 10:00 PM

R90 everywhere is the same as where I am inside my bubble!

by Anonymousreply 91September 12, 2019 10:50 AM

If CNN and HRC are going to Host a Democratic Presidential Town Hall on LGBTQ Issues in October and it is NOT a DNC sanctioned event, why not invite some Republicans running for office.

Why subject only Democrats to questions when Republicans can also go on the record?

A Democratic debate over LGBT Civil Rights is pretty stupid.

by Anonymousreply 92September 12, 2019 11:36 AM

Part of me thinks all of the trans shit is just a fad amongst kids and millennials and that it’ll die out in a few years.

Part of me thinks this will be the end of basic human rights for gay men.

by Anonymousreply 93September 12, 2019 12:28 PM

Either way this trans shit is gonna be a stain on the LGB community that we’ll never be able to wash off.

by Anonymousreply 94September 12, 2019 12:30 PM

This shit will be be exactly why Trump will be reelected president next year.

This debate is really not needed at all.

Seriously, a debate on lgbt stuff? Moderates are already complaining about this. About a debate for other groups too?

Get ready for a repeat of election night 2016.

This is really unnecessary. Democrats truly are fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 95September 12, 2019 12:45 PM

r95 The good thing is that, as most of the "less dumb" political press often says, this election is the democrat's to lose and not Trump's to win. I'm with everyone here in thinking that the LGBTQ (i.e. TQ) debate/discussion will be a cringe-worthy wreck for the non-woke voters, but unless the democrats decide to parade this performative woke nonsense in the voter's faces every day from now until election day, I suspect it will have a muted effect on the overall race.

by Anonymousreply 96September 12, 2019 2:26 PM

The glaring hypocrisy is that LGB... (and T) issues will never be brought up again at any other debates.

Oh, and a few candidates like Sanders and Warren posed with disabled activists, but no mention of the 6 million U.S. disabled voters.

by Anonymousreply 97September 12, 2019 6:20 PM

r92 Any Democrat debate is pretty stupid. They're cringy pathetic candidates. Waiting for a real candidate to say they're running.

by Anonymousreply 98September 13, 2019 4:04 AM

They should invite Canadian transperson extraordinaire Jessica Yaniv to attend.

by Anonymousreply 99September 13, 2019 4:49 AM

R63 They'll have to get up there quick, before they get upstaged by the trans-anarchist sex-workers of color who are planning the exact same thing. They're splattering dresses with fake blood at this very moment.

by Anonymousreply 100September 13, 2019 5:37 AM

As we predicted, the GLAAD TransFirst train shoved its way in:

POSE & AMERICAN HORROR STORY STAR AND TRANS ACTIVIST ANGELICA ROSS TO HOST PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE FORUM ON LGBTQ ISSUES

2020 candidates confirmed to participate in the LGBTQ Forum include Joe Biden, Cory Booker, Pete Buttigieg, Julián Castro, Tulsi Gabbard, Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar, Joe Sestak, Elizabeth Warren, and Marianne Williamson

The LGBTQ Forum - sponsored by GLAAD, One Iowa, The Gazette, and The Advocate - will be livestreamed from Cedar Rapids, Iowa on Sept. 20

Multi-platinum recording artist Billy Gilman to perform the National Anthem at the event on Friday, Sept. 20

Cedar Rapids, Iowa, September 16, 2019 – GLAAD, the world’s largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, announced today that transgender activist and actor Angelica Ross will host the national 2020 Presidential Candidate Forum on LGBTQ Issues sponsored by GLAAD, One Iowa, The Gazette, and The Advocate. Ross will join GLAAD President and CEO Sarah Kate Ellis on stage to bring LGBTQ specific-issues to the forefront of discussion in the 2020 presidential election.

The event will be livestreamed from Coe College’s Sinclair Auditorium in Cedar Rapids, Iowa on September 20 from 7:00-9:00 PM CT. The stream will be accessible worldwide.

Confirmed participants for the LGBTQ Forum on September 20th include Former Vice President Joe Biden, U.S. Senator Cory Booker, Mayor Pete Buttigieg, former Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Julián Castro, U.S. Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard, U.S. Senator Kamala Harris, U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar, former Pennsylvania representative Joe Sestak, U.S Senator Elizabeth Warren, and author Marianne Williamson. During the Forum, each candidate will lay out their vision for improving LGBTQ acceptance across the nation at a time when LGBTQ issues have largely been absent from the national debate stage.

From the board room to film/TV sets and even the Obama White House, Angelica Ross is a leading figure of success and strength in the movement for transgender, racial and human rights equality. Ross is a season regular star on Ryan Murphy’s hit FX series “Pose” and most recently became the first trans actress to appear as a starring season regular on back to back projects with “Pose” and the upcoming season of “American Horror Story” on FX. In “Pose,” Ross is a part of the largest transgender cast ever for a scripted series, with five transgender women of color casted in series regular roles. In the series, Ross plays the role of the witty and feisty ‘Candy Abundance,’ the brashest member of the ‘House of Abundance.’

Ross is also the President of Miss Ross, Inc. and founder and CEO of TransTech Social Enterprises, an organization that helps people lift themselves out of poverty through technical training and digital work that creates social impact and brings economic empowerment to marginalized communities and members. Ross was named “1st Foot Soldier of the Year” by Melissa Harris Perry in 2015. Dedicated to empowering trans, lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer people and allies with practical, career-ready skills, she has toured the country to deliver her message to business leaders, universities, the Embassy of Uruguay and President Barack Obama.

“This LGBTQ Presidential Forum is a pivotal moment in the 2020 election cycle. It’s the first time that LGBTQ issues will be exclusively discussed by 2020 presidential candidates on a national stage,” said Sarah Kate Ellis, President and CEO of GLAAD. “We look forward to hearing how the 2020 candidates plan to reverse the attacks and rollbacks of the Trump Administration and put LGBTQ Americans on a course to 100% acceptance.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101September 16, 2019 5:43 PM

Just great. Too much time allows for some major screw-ups and voter turn-offs.

Biden will speak of something from 1958; Pete will say how he lurves his hubby; Cory will look closeted; Kamala will be full-steam-ahead "Sam Smith is 'they'"; Castro is irrelevant because....CASTRO! And EW will earnestly plead for wearing sensible shoes...I mean, enacting sensible laws on the side of inclusiveness.

Laverne Cox will pass behind each candidate in turn, holding her hand above each head while gauging the applause.

by Anonymousreply 102September 16, 2019 5:56 PM

This event will be, to say the least, counterproductive.

by Anonymousreply 103September 16, 2019 6:14 PM

So which of the potential presidential candidates will prove their trans-ally credentials by undergoing a sex change live onstage?

Does anyone actually think this stunt will turn out well for anyone participating?

by Anonymousreply 104September 16, 2019 6:18 PM

[quote]Why subject only Democrats to questions when Republicans can also go on the record?

It’s for the presidency. The only GOPer that would apply is Trump. He’s their nominee. You think he’s gonna come?

by Anonymousreply 105September 16, 2019 6:31 PM

"Does anyone actually think this stunt will turn out well for anyone participating? "

The deluded GLAADers, the actress playing a dead tranny ho who knows her spotlight is quickly fading, and the trans army militants who organized this have all drunk and served the Trannies First agenda!

by Anonymousreply 106September 16, 2019 6:36 PM

r105, exactly. When Democrats are required to debate issues we all agree on, only Democrats can lose.

Every Democrat should answer every question, "I will do much better that the Republican position."

by Anonymousreply 107September 16, 2019 6:42 PM

R104 I'll do it! Invite me, Andrew Yang! #YangGang

by Anonymousreply 108September 16, 2019 7:20 PM

r108 Anyone who qualifies can participate. Of those who qualify, Booker, Beto, Bernie, and Yang haven't yet decided to attend.

Bullock, de Blasio, Beto, Ryan, and Bernie aren't attending the LGBT forum this Friday in Iowa either. They may still change their minds, though.

by Anonymousreply 109September 16, 2019 7:30 PM

I think they need to break up the LGBTQABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP voting block. We're not all the same, and some of us are not even similar. I have exactly zero in common (as a G) with someone like Caitlyn J. i.e. a heterosexual man who is attracted to women but also identifies as a woman and is therefore self identifying as a lesbian. Some things are just not the same. I'm not saying gender issues are a bad thing in any way - just NOT the same or anywhere near my issues or sexuality issues. I don't see why I'm supposed to fight for something that I can't even relate to, and maybe don't agree with.

by Anonymousreply 110September 16, 2019 8:32 PM

r110 How do you think black people in Massachusetts feel whenever they're lumped together with black people in Alabama? Or - even worse - black people getting lumped together under the PoC umbrella? This is an age-old problem in population segmentation, but at the end of the day, it's better this way than not talking about us at all. And believe me, none of them would attend the separate Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual.... forums. Because if you went to one, you'd have to go to all of them, and precious time would be wasted. After all, we [italic]are[/italic] only 10% of the population.

Also, we're just more vulnerable when we're divided. I don't understand why that still isn't clear to some people. After they're done with one letter in LGBT, they're going to come for the next one. It only takes one fascist in power for people to turn into wolves.

by Anonymousreply 111September 16, 2019 8:41 PM

Honestly I think gays and lesbians are more vulnerable when they are lumped together. Divided, we're not vulnerable any more. By popular and political measures.

by Anonymousreply 112September 16, 2019 8:50 PM

It’s less like different regional groups of black Americans and more like how Asians and Pacific Islanders get lumped into the same category even though they have almost nothing in common. That combination almost exclusively hurts Pacific Islanders because their problems and challenges get lost in the excellent statistics that the much more numerous Asian Americans have in terms of health, education, wealth, longevity, etc.

by Anonymousreply 113September 16, 2019 8:56 PM

You can't compare race and sexuality, and gender. They are all different (totally) issues. And Pacific Islanders are Asian. Black people are black people. They have very similar causes regardless of geographic location. I think anyone dividing people into categories is making a mistake and making those categories weaker (using them). We're all individuals, and should be respected as such.

by Anonymousreply 114September 16, 2019 9:01 PM

It all boils down to civil rights.

Do you believe in civil rights?

Uh...yes.

by Anonymousreply 115September 16, 2019 9:13 PM

I’m a little surprised that Beto isn’t joining this. Though, also relieved. And, to be fair, Beto has a very comprehensive LGBT rights plan that he put out, and he mentions the community quite frequently.

by Anonymousreply 116September 16, 2019 9:25 PM

Let Jackie Beat explain it for you....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117September 17, 2019 12:13 AM

Why is this debate not being moderated by an actual journalist? Some trans actress no one's heard of is doing it?

by Anonymousreply 118September 18, 2019 12:10 AM

Agree R118. There are plenty of out journalists who should part of the panel asking questions. Having an actress perform that function is an odd choice.

by Anonymousreply 119September 18, 2019 9:43 AM

R119 Wonder who turned them down.

by Anonymousreply 120September 18, 2019 8:32 PM

Anderson?

by Anonymousreply 121September 18, 2019 8:43 PM

Has he made any mention of this publicly at all?

by Anonymousreply 122September 18, 2019 9:01 PM

CNN just put this out. It's basically sit-down one-by-one interviews, not even a debate or otwn hall, although they're calling them that.

Gays get a serial chat show, candidates offer their platitudes, then are done, then we're omitted at all the debates.

And the 'Pose' actress is more like a hood ornament host, NOT interviewing anyone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123September 18, 2019 9:04 PM

Jackie Beat is a deranged Bernie Bro who shilled for Jill Stein and posted every Clinton conspiracy theory known to man. He can drop dead.

by Anonymousreply 124September 18, 2019 9:06 PM

R123 That's better than having them snipe at each other on stage. Pete's segment might be painful to watch.

by Anonymousreply 125September 18, 2019 9:43 PM

As typed in the LATER thread on the same topic, this is a clear example of selective segregation.

Will candidates have separate "town halls" with 'The Jews,' 'The Blacks,' 'The Muslims' or 'The Disableds?'

Of course not. We're ghettoized and segmented from the general discourse, thanks to Gay Inc., aka useless shills HRC and GLAAD/Trans Inc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126September 18, 2019 10:25 PM

This has sandbag potential...danger!

by Anonymousreply 127September 19, 2019 3:08 AM

Lineup's been announced. Buttigieg's being interviewed by Cuomo. Cooper's doing the Biden and Harris hour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128September 19, 2019 8:45 PM

It is going to be 90% tranny shit and I don't give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 129September 19, 2019 8:47 PM

Ditto r129

by Anonymousreply 130September 19, 2019 8:51 PM

According to Ross’s wiki he use to escort. When’s the last time you saw a woman get a gig like this while openly admitting to be a former whore?

by Anonymousreply 131September 19, 2019 8:56 PM

Would any other Presidential Town Hall have some two-bit "actress" moderating? No, they'd get a real journalist with real credentials. This is insulting.

by Anonymousreply 132September 19, 2019 8:59 PM

R131 That would be never in hell.

by Anonymousreply 133September 19, 2019 9:01 PM

r115 That's the thing. Is gender REALLY a "civil" right or a biological / scientific reality. The party of "science" is blurring all the lines.

by Anonymousreply 134September 19, 2019 9:13 PM

Trans Dog & Pony Show!

by Anonymousreply 135September 19, 2019 9:28 PM

Trannies and non-binaries HATE RuPaul.

by Anonymousreply 136September 19, 2019 9:30 PM

Meanwhile, Yang and Sanders snub el gayos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137September 19, 2019 11:26 PM

Take a look at the article at R128. They don’t need a “host.” They have real journalists from CNN conducting the interviews, including Cooper and Lemon, who are openly gay. The only reason they are inserting Angelica Ross into this is because they realized they would otherwise have an event that didn’t include a trans woman of color as a participant in some way. And, according to current SJW dogma, that’s simply cannot be tolerated. So, they created a role and got Ross to be the “host,” which seems totally unnecessary.

🙄 Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 138September 20, 2019 9:46 AM

She's a token hood ornament.

by Anonymousreply 139September 20, 2019 7:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!