Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

šŸŒˆ CNN, Human Rights Campaign to host Democratic presidential town hall focused on LGBTQ issues

[quote]The Human Rights Campaign Foundation announced Thursday it will host a CNN Democratic presidential town hall in California this fall focused on lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer issues.

[quote]HRC said the October 10 primetime event, airing live on the eve of National Coming Out Day, will feature the largest ever audience for a Democratic presidential town hall devoted to LGBTQ issues. The candidates will take questions from the audience and CNN journalists on specific LGBTQ concerns as well as their plans to promote equality and civility.

[quote]The Democratic candidates will appear in back-to-back town halls throughout the evening from The Novo in Los Angeles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 1, 2019 10:24 PM

[quote]Invitations to participate in the town hall will be extended to Democratic presidential hopefuls who meet the DNC's qualifications for the October 2019 primary debates. Candidates must reach 2% in at least four national polls identified by the DNC to determine eligibility. The polls for this town hall must be released between June 28, 2019 and September 25, 2019.

[quote]In addition, candidates must also meet the donor threshold outlined by the DNC for the October debate, in which they must have 130,000 unique donors, including 400 donors each from at least 20 states.

[quote]So far, Joe Biden, Pete Buttigieg, JuliƔn Castro, Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar, and Elizabeth Warren have accepted HRC's invitation to participate in the event.

by Anonymousreply 1September 5, 2019 11:57 AM

Appetite for Self-Destruction

by Anonymousreply 2September 5, 2019 12:02 PM

T- 99% of the discussion.

GLB- 1% of the discussion.

by Anonymousreply 3September 5, 2019 12:03 PM

r2 Please explain.

by Anonymousreply 4September 5, 2019 12:04 PM

Expect lots of alcohol, PrEP and other drug commercials.

Will they pay Aaron Schock and Andy Cohen to weigh in with hard-hitting commentary about which candidate is hottest?

Will Don Lemon ask about black holes?

Stay tuned!

by Anonymousreply 5September 5, 2019 12:46 PM

I think we might finally get the answer to The Question from Pete - top or bottom?

I hope he makes that one DLer happy and says "side".

by Anonymousreply 6September 5, 2019 12:50 PM

Anderson Cooper: Mayor Pete, as you may know, my good friend Andy Cohen is all top.

Pete Buttigieg: Iā€™m sorry? No, I donā€™tā€”look, the LGBT community is facing a lot of discrimination under this administration. When I am president, I willā€”

AC: Iā€™m sorry, Sir, but I didnā€™t finish my question and Andy and I have a bet going. SJP is also in on it. So, Mayor Pete, top or bottom?

PB: Iā€™m not going to answer that.

AC: You canā€™t plead the fifth. This isnā€™t Bravo.

PB: Are you sure about this? This is ridiculous.

AC: Dude! You have ā€œbuttā€ in your name! [giggles] Admit it, total bottom. I called it!

PB: I donā€™t appreciate this. At all.

Don Lemon: Iā€™m, Iā€™m sorry, Mayor Buttigieg. I apologize for my colleague. He has a Cohen problem. Listen, switching gears. Did you know if you donā€™t want toā€”you know, if a man puts his...you know. In your, your face, in your mouth. Teeth. You can use your teeth. Did that ever occur to you?

by Anonymousreply 7September 5, 2019 1:00 PM

[quote]HRC is billing the October 10 town hall in Los Angeles, "Power of our Pride." It will air live on CNN from 7 p.m. ET to 11:30 p.m. ET.

Tom Steyer will be interviewed by CNN's Dana Bash at 7 p.m.

Cory Booker will be interviewed by Bash at 7:30 p.m.

Joe Biden will be interviewed by CNN's Anderson Cooper at 8 p.m.

Kamala Harris, will be interviewed by Cooper at 8:30 p.m.

Elizabeth Warren will be interviewed by CNN's Chris Cuomo at 9 p.m.

Pete Buttigieg will be interviewed by Cuomo at 9:30 p.m.

Beto O'Rourke will be interviewed by CNN's Don Lemon at 10 p.m.

Amy Klobuchar will be interviewed by Lemon at 10:30 p.m.

JuliƔn Castro will be interviewed by Cooper at 11 p.m.

[quote]Bernie Sanders and Andrew Yang each declined HRC's invitation to participate in the event. Additional invitations will be extended to candidates who meet the DNC qualifications before September 25.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 18, 2019 9:15 PM

I'll watch if Cuomo interviews in a speedo.

by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2019 9:28 PM

7 to 11 ? Oh come on, no one has time for that.

by Anonymousreply 10September 18, 2019 9:30 PM

I'm definitely watching, only because I've never seen Steyer in anything. And you just know Biden will be a gaffe machine, talking about Will&Grace non-stop. Hope he does a Karen impression! šŸ˜‚

by Anonymousreply 11September 18, 2019 9:32 PM

Do we think Booker's performance will finally put to rest the rumours around him here on DL?

by Anonymousreply 12September 18, 2019 9:38 PM

Earlier thread, dear OP:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 18, 2019 9:41 PM

r13 Sorry, but this thread was earlier, even though the exact time is not shown anymore. And excuse me for not wanting to participate in that vile thread, which is the absolute sewers of DL.

by Anonymousreply 14September 18, 2019 9:44 PM

R14 = Andy Cohen.

We look forward to the exclusive sit-down candidate chat show fake town halls with "The Jews," "The Blacks" and "The Olds."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 18, 2019 10:22 PM

r15 No, I'm just not a complaining negative Mary who creates awful threads about historic events for gay people, such as this televised town hall. And I have better things to do than complain about the "Tranny Menace" all the time.

by Anonymousreply 16September 18, 2019 10:26 PM

It's not 'historic' to be compartmentalized and ghettoized by nonprofits that have shanghaied the discourse while parlaying favor with politicians for their strident Trans-first agenda. Your smugness and complacency are part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 17September 18, 2019 10:28 PM

Less alt-right bloviating, more familiarising yourself with the search function on this site. For example, searching for "town hall" or "LGBT", or simply "CNN" before creating your thread would have brought up this one, made a couple of hours earlier. But you create so many threads in a day, I can see how you don't have any time left for such basic courtesy.

Now go hide under your fucking bed before the terrible trannies come to chop your balls off. Whatever's left of them.

by Anonymousreply 18September 18, 2019 10:38 PM

Screeching R18, claiming seniority to being a bitch while avoiding the sad truth.

The entire event is a useless dog and pony show to placate bourgie gays like you, who pay $500 for a handshake with 5% Pete.

Senile Biden is chosen by the Bilderbergs, etc. I fear no tranny. I'm just annoyed by their hideousness, like yours, OP/ R18, only at least we don't have to see your face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 18, 2019 10:46 PM

Nico Tortorella should interview Castro .

by Anonymousreply 20September 18, 2019 11:11 PM

Bernie changes his mind!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 1, 2019 10:21 PM

Oh, and some candidates have been swapped around - Pete will now appear with Anderson, not Cuomo. šŸ˜

by Anonymousreply 22October 1, 2019 10:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!