Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why Doesn’t the Media Seem to Care That Trump Could Be Purposely Manipulating the Stock Market?

Good question.

I also believe he is trying to tank the markets on purpose.

Glad that I’m not alone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 3, 2019 7:30 PM

We're just praying every day that crazy old man doesn't start World War III.

by Anonymousreply 1September 4, 2019 7:26 PM

I wonder if he gets a cut when he makes the market go down.

by Anonymousreply 2September 4, 2019 7:45 PM

Donny is is rocking the the boat to "sell high, buy low". He's been doing it for a year now.

by Anonymousreply 3September 4, 2019 7:49 PM

He will still manage to lose money somehow.

Story of his sad and pathetic life.

by Anonymousreply 4September 4, 2019 8:10 PM

I think this is legal. Immoral, yes, but legal.

I saw a report years ago that this is legal for the Congress. They also reported on a congressman who got rich this way.

by Anonymousreply 5September 4, 2019 9:13 PM

might be legal but his rocking a lot of ordinary people’s 401k.

by Anonymousreply 6September 4, 2019 10:35 PM

This is insane

by Anonymousreply 7October 17, 2019 5:30 PM

He's Teflon.

There is NOTHING wrong he can do.

They only promise he's ever broken is he hasn't shot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue.

by Anonymousreply 8October 17, 2019 5:52 PM

He’s at it again. DOW down 400

by Anonymousreply 9December 3, 2019 3:00 PM

Because he's giving us tips.

by Anonymousreply 10December 3, 2019 3:14 PM

It's true that economics is "the dismal science" -- it's not sexy and can be hard to understand, so "the Media" isn't attracted to it and in fact shies away from it. Everyone expressed shock and surprise to see the economy collapsing in 2008 except for the economists, whose efforts to have their warnings heard and publicized were ignored by most people, whose eyes had glazed over whenever the subject arose. Seems to be happening all over again.

by Anonymousreply 11December 3, 2019 3:23 PM

Because the media is owned by some of the billionaires who will benefit from Trump's manipulations you idiot.

by Anonymousreply 12December 3, 2019 4:29 PM

I just pray the collapse happens on his watch.

by Anonymousreply 13December 3, 2019 5:03 PM

This is the last chance this year Trump has to send the market into a slight dip before buying more stock before the end of the year. The stock market will then be propped back up before the end of the year. No one in Wall Street wants to end the last weeks of the year in a downturn.

There might be a few other dips in the market early next year, but Trump's Wall St friends will do everything they can to keep the markets mostly going up right up to the election.

by Anonymousreply 14December 3, 2019 5:20 PM

Why don't they care that his tariffs on China are killing us?

by Anonymousreply 15December 3, 2019 5:56 PM

"Us"? r15 The Media isn't some separate island of people isolated from the effects of Trump's crazy trade wars. It's more that a lot of people being killed by the tariffs helped cause the situation by voting Trump into office.

by Anonymousreply 16December 3, 2019 7:16 PM

I've thought this for a long time...he and his cronies are getting rich off any announcement about China..short it when bad news, and buy then sell high on good news. Seems pretty obvious. It isn't legal if it can proven with stock trades. The congressman from NY - Collins - is going to jail because of it.

by Anonymousreply 17December 3, 2019 7:19 PM

It could be proven illegal if it was shown that Trump was helping tank certain stocks and then buying them. Unfortunately, he's found a way to tank the entire market. Buying stocks when they're low just makes him seem like a shrewd investor.

There definitely needs to be tougher laws on how the POTUS can speak about the Fed, Wall St, companies, etc.

by Anonymousreply 18December 3, 2019 7:27 PM

In what world has he tanked the market?? It's up nearly 50% since he became president.

by Anonymousreply 19December 3, 2019 7:29 PM

R19 there have been huge swings with every tariff announcement and trade war development.

by Anonymousreply 20December 3, 2019 7:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!