Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Foods You Hate

I'm not a picky eater. I'm adventurous and love trying new things. But there are some foods I cannot force myself to eat. I hate celery, bell peppers, rye bread with caraway seeds, and watermelon. I know the hating watermelon is weird but just tastes like sugar water to me.

by Anonymousreply 170January 4, 2021 3:47 PM

Eggplant Eggs (unless they're scrambled) Avocado Papaya Pears

by Anonymousreply 1September 1, 2019 1:31 AM

Liver. I just can’t eat it. I’ve tried. But it’s a triple strike out for me: the taste, the smell and the consistency.

I’ve tried calf, chicken, goose... just couldn’t stomach it.

Alcohol. Another I tried to give a fair shot, but I just couldn’t develop a liking for it. Tried strong and weak. Beers, hard liquors, wines. I’d rather just drink water.

Wasabi. Nope. I know it’s not a food per se, more of a cleanser for your buds, but it’s so off putting to me.

Finally, cakes, and particularly any dessert with icing. I would force myself to eat liver topped with wasabi, and down it with a few beers before I’d eat cake (literal cake, not sexual figurative) or the like.

The smell of icing makes me nauseous. It’s just overtly sweet to my nose and tongue. It sounds silly but I truly cannot handle the smell nor the taste of it. Growing up, my mom would bake a cherry or apple or for my birthday.

Everything else food wise, I’ve got an open mind to, unless it’s OVERTLY salty, spicy or sweet.

by Anonymousreply 2September 1, 2019 1:34 AM

Cherry or apple pie*

by Anonymousreply 3September 1, 2019 1:35 AM

Runny/strong/smelly cheeses. And gjetost.

Seconding the liver and most offal - the texture is just too weird.

What I hate the most is other people insisting that I just HAVE to try it - "You'll like it! Just give it a try!"

No. I'm an adult, and I get to choose what I put into my body. If I don't think I'll like it, it doesn't go in there.

by Anonymousreply 4September 1, 2019 1:42 AM

Liver.

Beets, they taste like medicine.

Potato salad, cold potatoes (shudder)

Oysters, edible if fried, otherwise, no.

Venison, odd smell, it seems like the more you chew it, the bigger it gets.

by Anonymousreply 5September 1, 2019 1:49 AM

Mushrooms and eggplant.

by Anonymousreply 6September 1, 2019 1:53 AM

Fried chicken

by Anonymousreply 7September 1, 2019 1:53 AM

Oysters

Liver (although I'm OK with pate)

Lima beans

Cream of tomato soup

by Anonymousreply 8September 1, 2019 1:55 AM

These are only foods I've tried, and disliked, not foods that I don't think I wouldn't like: beets (taste like dirt), eel (the grilled eel on sushi is different than the Atlantic eel), limburger cheese (it's actually made with the bacteria that causes foot odor), octopus (flavorless and rubbery), papaya (smells like cantaloupe that's gone bad), uni (sea urchin roe): it was highly touted by David Rosengarten on the sadly defunct 'Taste' on Food Network. They offered it at a sushi restaurant, and I was so excited to try it, but I had to excuse myself to the bathroom so I could spit it into the toilet and wipe my mouth out with paper towels. I'll add Chitterlings, against my own rule: someone dished me some up at a barbeque, and I couldn't get past the smell, and was struggling to figure out what to do with them when one gallant young man saw the look on my face, and saved me by asking if he could eat them (he winked at me, and made me melt).

by Anonymousreply 9September 1, 2019 3:53 AM

cilantro

by Anonymousreply 10September 1, 2019 4:41 AM

R10 Cilantro tastes like soap, right? I don’t know how most people don’t taste this.

by Anonymousreply 11September 1, 2019 4:45 AM

Mushrooms.

It's not just the taste; it's also the texture. Slimy, rubbery funghi makes me want to vomit.

by Anonymousreply 12September 1, 2019 4:54 AM

Any salad that isn't green or fruit-based, including, but not limited to: tuna, macaroni, potato, chicken, and egg. And coleslaw. They just disgust me. Too much shit mixed together and drenched in mayo.

by Anonymousreply 13September 1, 2019 4:56 AM

R11 It's genetic! I used to not mind the taste of cilantro, but it's slowly becoming disgusting to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 1, 2019 4:57 AM

R9 Agree on Sea Urchin, and the roe.

Natto (with or without mustard)

Tofu

Calves' liver (though I like bird livers and pâté

Tripe, Tongue, Haggis, (and I wouldn't even consider trying chitterlings, not as brave as R9)

Gizzards (though I don't mind a giblet gravy)

Fish in tomato sauce

by Anonymousreply 15September 1, 2019 4:58 AM

All Seafood, Soda, Asparagus, Turnips, Artichokes, Liver, Any foo foo crap served at a gay dinner party, All alcohol, Pho, Cous Cous

by Anonymousreply 16September 1, 2019 5:04 AM

Forgot to include Swordfish... repellent.

by Anonymousreply 17September 1, 2019 5:08 AM

Oysters, anchovies, liver, olives, aspic, kippers, processed meats, ham, sausages, cheap soft drinks, beer, green peppers, soft-boiled eggs, boiled spinach, offal, bacon, caviar, snails, mutton, raw onions, garlic, pork, lamb, truffles, sauerkraut, boiled cabbage....I'm sure there's more.

by Anonymousreply 18September 1, 2019 5:24 AM

Rubber textured foods, such as snails (anything with a shell), octopi, tofu. I used to hate mushrooms, but I can only eat certain types now, which is good. I used to run away screaming as a child when I saw them being cooked, so I’m making steps. Big steps I think!

by Anonymousreply 19September 1, 2019 5:26 AM

Mutton.

by Anonymousreply 20September 1, 2019 5:35 AM

Pepperoni used to make me sick to my stomach as a kid. I've tried it as an adult and didn't get nauseous, but I've been conditioned by many boomerang pizzas to hate the taste and smell. So of course it's by far the most popular pizza topping.

Octopus. I've tried it twice, and that's enough for one lifetime. I'll happily eat squid through.

Mayonnaise and vinegar are usually off-putting to me, though there are limited uses that are tolerable in moderation.

by Anonymousreply 21September 1, 2019 5:35 AM

Anything that’s a baby. Veal, lamb, fertilized eggs. So wrong!

by Anonymousreply 22September 1, 2019 5:39 AM

Aspic

by Anonymousreply 23September 1, 2019 5:44 AM

It must be genetics, because I got sent a survey to take from 23andme about food and it was all the foods I hate: melon; celery, etc.

by Anonymousreply 24September 1, 2019 5:49 AM

I will tolerate watermelon, but hate the rest of the melon family. Now if I had to chose to eat watermelon, I would decline.

by Anonymousreply 25September 1, 2019 5:57 AM

Beets. Gag me.

by Anonymousreply 26September 1, 2019 6:07 AM

I sadly hate almost every green vegetable that exists. I say sadly because of their health benefits. I do okay with the ones that form salads: lettuce, spinach (but uncooked only), and kale.

I also hate onions. They ruin every food.

by Anonymousreply 27September 1, 2019 6:25 AM

Olives

grits

by Anonymousreply 28September 1, 2019 6:31 AM

Tapioca

by Anonymousreply 29September 1, 2019 6:33 AM

Sour cream makes me GAG.

by Anonymousreply 30September 1, 2019 6:53 AM

Yogurt. Bananas and melons of all kinds.

by Anonymousreply 31September 1, 2019 7:49 AM

Liver, kidneys and eggplant.

by Anonymousreply 32September 1, 2019 7:53 AM

All alcohol and anything that comes from the sea.

by Anonymousreply 33September 1, 2019 8:11 AM

Raw onions, cooked carrots, raw fennel, tarragon. Although there are very few things I absolutely won't eat when I'm a guest in someone's home.

by Anonymousreply 34September 1, 2019 8:41 AM

Oh, also, durian and most blue cheese, especially gorgonzola.

There are some things I won't try, but they're more common sense things like casu marzu.

by Anonymousreply 35September 1, 2019 8:44 AM

I was just talking about this with my carnivorous friend. He eats everything except vegetables. I asked him if he would eat cow tongue. He said, “what does it matter? Every time I eat a hotdog, you tell me about pig faces, animals sweat glands, and cow rectums.” I hate hotdogs!

by Anonymousreply 36September 1, 2019 9:06 AM

With meats, the important thing (for me) is that they don't actually make me think of what they actually are. I more or less know where bacon comes from, but I'm not picturing a pig belly when I fry up a couple of rashers of bacon. I had a relative who would cook cow tongue, so I know what it looks like whole, and I don't have the stomach to ever cook one. But I've had a tongue sandwich, where the meat was thinly sliced and served on pumpernickel with brown mustard, and it was wonderful. Anyway, I don't think I'd ever be able to eat sweetbreads or kidneys because.....they look exactly like what they are.

My sister balked once at being served a shrimp cocktail, which I found surprising. When I asked her why, she asked, "do you remember working in the backyard, digging up some of the lawn to expand the garden?" Well, of course I did. "Well, they look just like those white grubs that you kept digging up," Okay, that put me off shrimp for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 37September 1, 2019 9:32 AM

Tomatoes

by Anonymousreply 38September 1, 2019 11:35 AM

Lobster, oysters and shrimp are all disgusting. And it’s not like I hate all shellfish, clams and crab are two of my favorite foods, but those other three are gross and overrated.

by Anonymousreply 39September 1, 2019 11:58 AM

Lettuce turnip the beets.

by Anonymousreply 40September 1, 2019 12:01 PM

okra. Liverwurst.

by Anonymousreply 41September 1, 2019 12:09 PM

Cantaloupe - it smells like chalk dust to me. Rhubarb. Parsnips - smells and tastes medicinal. Fennel or anything with fennel seeds. Curry powder. Garam masala. Eel. Octopus.

by Anonymousreply 42September 1, 2019 12:09 PM

I love fennel bulb but I hate the seeds.

by Anonymousreply 43September 1, 2019 12:17 PM

I enjoy serving food that I know picky eaters hate.

by Anonymousreply 44September 1, 2019 12:21 PM

I really don't like eggplant. It's tasteless to me and has the texture of a cotton pad.

by Anonymousreply 45September 1, 2019 12:22 PM

Liver lamb and venison. That’s it. Like just about everything else

by Anonymousreply 46September 1, 2019 12:26 PM

corn on the cob

anything full of animal fat

red meat in general

by Anonymousreply 47September 1, 2019 12:28 PM

Anything spicy, I don't even like jalapenos. Asparagus.

by Anonymousreply 48September 1, 2019 12:47 PM

Indian food. I live about four blocks away from the best rated restaurant in town and I wouldn't eat there at gunpoint.

by Anonymousreply 49September 1, 2019 12:48 PM

Liver & Onions

by Anonymousreply 50September 1, 2019 12:57 PM

Broccoli

Tuna noodle casserole (quite possibly the most disgusting dish ever)

Chicken wings

Mushrooms

by Anonymousreply 51September 1, 2019 1:43 PM

Of common foods: hard boiled eggs

by Anonymousreply 52September 1, 2019 1:56 PM

I like the tops of broccoli, but not the stalks. Liver. Cottage cheese, the consistency of vomit. Tongue, and other organs. That soft cheese that you heat up, can't remember the name. Limburger cheese, I've never got past the odor to even try it. Cooked spinach. Raw is ok.

by Anonymousreply 53September 1, 2019 2:15 PM

Oh, and kefir.

by Anonymousreply 54September 1, 2019 2:16 PM

Sweetbreads.

Hummus

Game meat

Anything a vegan has to mix together to pretend it's real food.

Most fish

Any Newton (fig, strawberry, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 55September 1, 2019 2:25 PM

I love many "exotic" foods - raw oysters, clams, crab, lobster, shrimp, crayfish, all kinds of cheese (except Limburger), wasabi, sushi, hot sauce, cilantro, mushrooms, olives, high quality chorizo, kippers, marinated artichoke hearts. I can't stand liver, veal, lamb, mutton, bell peppers, eggplant, beets, lima beans, asparagus.

by Anonymousreply 56September 1, 2019 2:27 PM

Watermelon, actually most melons. They taste like dirty water.

by Anonymousreply 57September 1, 2019 2:38 PM

Anything containing offal which are bad for you since they are high in cholesterol.

by Anonymousreply 58September 1, 2019 2:49 PM

There are no tastes I dislike, unless I am unfamiliar with them. For example, I like the taste of liver, but it’s unappetizing to me. I prefer not to eat it.

However, I have tried unfamiliar dishes while traveling and disliked the taste. But unfamiliar dishes generally have something in them that also triggers the unappetizing issue. So usually an animal part not normally consumed in the US.

So I think it’s all in my brain, not tongue.

by Anonymousreply 59September 1, 2019 2:49 PM

Sweet potato, guava, persimmon, brown sugar, molasses, fennel, licorice, anise. All disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 60September 1, 2019 3:23 PM

Headcheese

Greens

Onions

Anything hot & spicy

Venison

by Anonymousreply 61September 1, 2019 4:42 PM

I've never had grits. This video says it's like polenta.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62September 1, 2019 4:55 PM

When I was a kid I hated anything the grown-ups liked: coffee; mayonnaise, any green vegetable, iced tea, A1 sauce...

Now I eat all those things (but still can't stomach alcohol).

by Anonymousreply 63September 1, 2019 5:42 PM

Raw tomatoes. I hate that they get put on burgers and sandwiches and the slime oozes all over the other tasty ingredients.

by Anonymousreply 64September 1, 2019 5:50 PM

Raw tomatoes. Fish (but not shellfish, except oysters and clams.) Liver. Canned vegetables (except corn, which is tolerable.) Not a big fan of melon, but I'll eat it.

by Anonymousreply 65September 1, 2019 5:54 PM

Olives and mint. That's about it.

by Anonymousreply 66September 1, 2019 9:25 PM

Tuna Salad

by Anonymousreply 67September 1, 2019 9:34 PM

I like most foods. It's a certain texture I don't like: apple sauce, a mealy piece of fruit, Cream of Wheat, polenta, etc.

by Anonymousreply 68September 1, 2019 9:35 PM

Kidneys. They smell like piss no matter how many times you rinse them out. My mam makes them and I can't be in the house while she prepares them - let alone sit at the table while they are being eaten.

by Anonymousreply 69September 1, 2019 9:37 PM

Pickled anything. We have refrigerators now.

by Anonymousreply 70September 1, 2019 9:38 PM

[quote] I hate celery, bell peppers, rye bread with caraway seeds, and watermelon.

Other than celery I could have written that. While I don't like the taste of peppers and watermelon they also really upset my stomach.

I have never had oysters and feel like I wouldn't like them and just have never had the desire to try them.

by Anonymousreply 71September 1, 2019 10:25 PM

I quit eating meat and one of the changes was I can't drink wine anymore, it all tastes like some grape juice vinegar turpentine concoction.

by Anonymousreply 72September 1, 2019 11:00 PM

Surprised so many hate beets and melons. For me, a slice of chilled honeydew melon is sheer heaven. I love all melons in fact. I eat grated raw beets in my salad every day, and miss them when they are out of season.

by Anonymousreply 73September 1, 2019 11:05 PM

I don't like beer or wine, and alcoholic drinks just seem like a waste of calories to me. I only drink water and diet sodas.

by Anonymousreply 74September 2, 2019 12:21 AM

I don't eat meat either but I really enjoyed fried liver and onions (with gravy) when I did.

by Anonymousreply 75September 2, 2019 12:45 AM

I hate watermelon, tangerines, apricots and those little clementines. They all taste watery to me.

by Anonymousreply 76September 2, 2019 1:23 AM

Oysters

raw fish of any kind

most fish cooked

Cilantro (yes it tastes like soap)

pork still pink

any kind of hot spice

yogurt, plain or flavored

arugula

any bitter green or vegetable

any kind of fake food like margarine or fake maple syrup

healthy grain breads (I eat very little bread and when I do I want to enjoy it)

ice cream that's mostly air

really dark chocolate

by Anonymousreply 77September 2, 2019 1:38 AM

r76 Apricots are not the least bit watery. They're usually far less juicy than peaches or nectarines.

by Anonymousreply 78September 2, 2019 1:55 AM

I just looked at my list and realized I hate most everything healthy. Yikes!

by Anonymousreply 79September 2, 2019 1:58 AM

Mild allergies to cantaloupe are not uncommon. I think it’s some protein (I’m not sure it’s the protein, bit it’s not the beta carotene) that’a also in carrots, but gets destroyed when cooked. A person with a mild allergy to a food can sometimes just decide the don’t like to food and not realize why. I’m wondering if the allergen in carrots and cantaloupe is also in watermelon. Surprised at how many people are listing watermelon.

by Anonymousreply 80September 2, 2019 12:37 PM

[quote]Apricots are not the least bit watery.

They taste watery to me, R78.

by Anonymousreply 81September 2, 2019 2:17 PM

Liver Hard-cooked egg whites Blue cheese “Salads” with jello or cool whip as a primary ingredient Cantaloupe Root beer Mince pie “Hot” versions of snack foods A-1 Sauce Macaroni salad

by Anonymousreply 82September 2, 2019 2:22 PM

Eggplant and red delicious apples.

by Anonymousreply 83September 2, 2019 2:33 PM

Heinz 57 Sauce

Siracha

by Anonymousreply 84September 2, 2019 2:33 PM

liver

egg salad / deviled eggs (the smell is horrifying)

tripe

okra (except in Indian cuisine because it's somehow not slimy)

raw tomatoes

straight hard liquor (like scotch on the rocks or whisky)

by Anonymousreply 85September 2, 2019 2:41 PM

Other than offal (which honestly, who likes that shit?), I won't eat:

Black-eyed peas - They're mostly flavorless and what flavor they do have tastes like dirt.

Kale - I could dig up a clump of crabgrass from my yard and it would taste better than kale.

Tofu - Slimy and flavorless.

Things I will eat, but don't necessarily like: broccoli, green beans, oysters (if they're fried), Swiss cheese, and milk.

by Anonymousreply 86September 2, 2019 2:50 PM

R86 Reminds me, I generally don’t mind a glass of milk now and then but it has to be 2% or whole (if I must). I don’t get the point of skim or 1% milk, you’re better off just drinking water. Ick.

by Anonymousreply 87September 2, 2019 3:48 PM

Huevos rancheros

by Anonymousreply 88September 2, 2019 4:00 PM

“Q. Sometimes my mouth tingles when I eat melons - is this a food allergy? And could these symptoms become more dangerous? A: You are describing a kind of allergy called oral allergy syndrome (also called food-pollen allergy syndrome), tied to the fact that some fruit and vegetable proteins are genetic cousins to certain pollens, like ragweed. So people allergic to pollen may experience symptoms when they eat related foods - such as cantaloupe or watermelon with ragweed allergy, or apples or carrots with birch tree - especially during the pollen seasons.The most common symptom of this disorder is a little tingling of the lips or itching in the mouth. Fortunately, most of the time it doesn't go beyond an annoyance. Unlike proteins in peanut or shrimp, known to cause serious allergic reactions, these fruit and vegetable proteins break down quickly when exposed to enzymes in your mouth or stomach so they are unlikely to be absorbed into your bloodstream and cause a more generalized reaction.”

by Anonymousreply 89September 2, 2019 4:30 PM

This is simply riveting learning what you all will not and will eat.

Will there be a test on the material?

by Anonymousreply 90September 2, 2019 4:36 PM

It's on the DL entrance exams.

by Anonymousreply 91September 2, 2019 5:06 PM

I like honeydew melon but if I try to eat it my mouth, especially my tongue, and throat start to burn. I didn't know it could be an allergy. Now I'll really never eat it, not even one bite.

by Anonymousreply 92September 3, 2019 1:57 AM

Chitlins. Seriously. I had a boyfriend who made them ever year on New Year's Day (along with black-eyed peas.) They were seriously the grossest thing I'd ever had -- and the smell was horrendous.

by Anonymousreply 93September 3, 2019 2:07 AM

Picky eating can be very dangerous. This kid's food choices were disgusting - and tragic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94September 3, 2019 2:19 PM

There are a lot of things I won't eat but they've all been mentioned by previous posters so I'll add one I didn't see posted yet.

Hazelnuts. The horrible taste of those cheap, stinking little turd nuts ruins everything they're in.

by Anonymousreply 95September 3, 2019 4:17 PM

Bet you're a big Nutella fan, r95.

by Anonymousreply 96September 3, 2019 4:20 PM

I've never given any real thought to this, but I have to say, I can't think of a single food I "hate" and wouldn't eat (which probably makes me just as odd as hating hard boiled eggs).

I like certain foods more than others of course, but I can't think of anything I just can't stand. A lot of these foods I get the dislike (eggplant, beets, sauerkraut, etc.), but for me they are just a "meh".

by Anonymousreply 97September 3, 2019 4:28 PM

Fried eggplant with chopped celery and minced beef is so good.

You just don’t know how to cook well.

by Anonymousreply 98September 3, 2019 4:36 PM

Almost all cereal, hot or cold... don't like milk and don't like anything mushy or cold in the am

Almost all organ meats, braunschweiger and liver pate or fois gras, excepted

Mushy bananas

Stewed tomatoes

Green bell pepper in Italian food/pasta dishes

Cauliflower

Only can eat brussels sprouts when roasted to a crisp, soggy -- no way

Dark meat poultry

Steaks on the bone

Pink pork or salmon

Whole fish or birds -- do not want to see a carcass on my plate

Most fruits hurt my stomach, not that I don't like them, they don't like me

Fresh milk cheeses (unaged) like ricotta, burrata, etc. -- don't like the milk taste

Mole

Ceviche

Black pudding or anything that tastes too irony or like blood

Crumpets - texture problem

by Anonymousreply 99September 3, 2019 4:59 PM

I won't put up with a picky eater with a list of hated foods much like I wouldn't put up with a Republican as partner material.

by Anonymousreply 100September 3, 2019 5:19 PM

[quote]Hazelnuts. The horrible taste of those cheap, stinking little turd nuts ruins everything they're in.

Oh, yeah--me, too. I like most kinds of nuts, but hazelnuts are weird-tasting to me. And so many European sweets seem to include them.

Not too fond of Brazil nuts, either, but they're just bland.

by Anonymousreply 101September 3, 2019 5:35 PM

I don't like hazelnuts but I love Nutella. Maybe the chocolate kills the nut flavor. I just don't buy it because I will eat the entire jar and it doesn't keep all that well since you're not supposed to refrigerate it, or so it said on the jar. Kind of odd since I do refrigerate peanut butter.

by Anonymousreply 102September 3, 2019 5:43 PM

Kiwi

Everything bagels

by Anonymousreply 103September 4, 2019 12:37 AM

Mango. Literally makes me puke, even just the smell.

by Anonymousreply 104September 4, 2019 12:40 AM

Olives, mushrooms, capers. Des-gooost-in!

That's funny about mango, I was saying to someone just today how good they are.

by Anonymousreply 105September 4, 2019 12:42 AM

Someone mentioned beets. My 1960s school cafeteria served crinkle-cut beets, a shape that somehow made them even more gross to me. Also yellow wax beans and spam. Revolting. I don't think I've seen yellow wax beans since. Maybe it's one of those dowdy foods that needs to be taken up by foodies and made cool.

I'm almost gagging as I type.

by Anonymousreply 106September 4, 2019 12:47 AM

It is like polenta, R62. Someone made it for me over the summer and it was pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 107September 4, 2019 12:48 AM

r105 I stayed with family in Australia for two months age 15, they always had mangoes around, and at first, I loved them. Adored them. But some people have a mysterious mango threshold, and one day, I tried eating one, and found myself utterly disgusted by the taste, and literally vomited, and haven't been able to stand them since. Same thing happened to my sister.

I also can't stand lamb, in any form.

by Anonymousreply 108September 4, 2019 12:50 AM

Beets (roasted ones in a salad are ok)

Pinto beans. I grew up on them and won't eat them now.

Crisco. My mom could go through a can in two weeks, she used it in everything. I'm amazed I didn't have a heart attack before I was 25.

by Anonymousreply 109September 4, 2019 1:20 AM

For me the problem with mangos isn't the taste but the texture. I find them slimy. If you try to cut one it just pops out of your hand most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 110September 4, 2019 1:29 AM

Wtf? I love mangoes!

by Anonymousreply 111September 4, 2019 1:33 AM

Wtf? I love mangoes!

by Anonymousreply 112September 4, 2019 1:33 AM

Sardines, Spam, herring, radish, raw onion, grapefruit, boiled cabbage

by Anonymousreply 113September 4, 2019 1:42 AM

Just thought of another thing that makes me absolutely gag - soggy cereal. I love Cheerios but only if they are very crisp. To accomplish this, I pour my Cheerios into a cup, then I fill a bowl with ice-cold milk and some sugar. I then dump one or two mouthfuls of the Cheerios into the bowl - over and over again.

Who? Me OCD? Naw!

by Anonymousreply 114September 4, 2019 1:50 AM

Papaya. It tastes like vomit.

by Anonymousreply 115September 4, 2019 1:52 AM

I agree that papaya tastes like vomit

Like OP, I dislike caraway seeds and celery, along with green peppers (other colors are OK). I love soggy cereal, I can sit there until it becomes pure mush.

Beets, cauliflower and broccoli are no go for me. So is tripe!

by Anonymousreply 116September 4, 2019 1:57 AM

I’m that cunt friend you hate that worries about not being able to eat anything on the menu. Not because of dietary requirements, but because I’m a fussy eater. There wasn’t much variety in my diet as a kid - my mum’s the same unfortunately. However, my New Year’s Resolution for 2019 was to try one new food a week. I’ve enjoyed most of what I’ve tried.

However, olives are one of the worst things I’ve ever put in my mouth. I’d rather chow down on knob cheese. x

by Anonymousreply 117September 4, 2019 1:57 AM

I liked mangoes before I traveled to West Africa, and that experience completely spoiled me. The dry, sour abominations you can get in the U.S. just don't compare.

by Anonymousreply 118September 4, 2019 2:33 AM

Cauliflower, it tastes like a fart. I actually like broccoli, but I think I only do because my parents used to smother it in cheese sauce when I was a kid. I guess their methods worked, I like broccoli without cheese now. They never tried this with cauliflower.

by Anonymousreply 119September 4, 2019 2:42 AM

I eat cold cereal out of the box and if I want milk I have it on the side. I can't eat it soggy either. The crunch is my favorite part of many cold cereals. I do like farina with butter, salt and sugar. It has no health values whatsoever. Actually the way I eat it the farina becomes downright unhealthy.

I used to be interesting. I used to eat cold pizza and Chinese food, and fried chicken for breakfast. Now the thought of any of that would make me puke in the morning. My tastes seemed to have gone back to childhood.

by Anonymousreply 120September 4, 2019 2:52 AM

Baby tastes

by Anonymousreply 121September 4, 2019 2:59 AM

[quote] Cauliflower, it tastes like a fart. I actually like broccoli, but I think I only do because my parents used to smother it in cheese sauce when I was a kid. I guess their methods worked, I like broccoli without cheese now. They never tried this with cauliflower.

I only like Cauliflower if it's roasted (real well). Roasted Broccoli is awesome

by Anonymousreply 122September 4, 2019 3:00 AM

Oysters, raw fish, beets and sushi.

by Anonymousreply 123September 4, 2019 8:47 AM

Seafood. All of it. Also, olives.

by Anonymousreply 124September 4, 2019 10:36 AM

Anything sour dough I hate sour dough bread and sd pretzels.

by Anonymousreply 125September 4, 2019 4:24 PM

funny thread.

goat cheese is gross.

by Anonymousreply 126September 4, 2019 4:46 PM

Brie cheese tastes like vomit, beets taste like dirt, okra is slimy, creamed corn, succotash, turnips - all nasty. I cannot stomach hot cooked oatmeal, but I love granola cereal served with cold milk.

by Anonymousreply 127September 4, 2019 4:56 PM

Ketchup, French fries, cooked tomatoes, any desserts except chocolate ones, most pizza, a

by Anonymousreply 128September 4, 2019 6:49 PM

Re: succotash

Texture of lima beans is a definite NO!

by Anonymousreply 129September 4, 2019 7:07 PM

Adults who eat ketchup need no take a long, hard look at themselves in the mirror. x

by Anonymousreply 130September 4, 2019 7:15 PM

Adults who eat ketchup need no take a long, hard look at themselves in the mirror. x

by Anonymousreply 131September 4, 2019 7:15 PM

Harvard Beets

by Anonymousreply 132September 4, 2019 7:20 PM

meat, cheese, eggs.

by Anonymousreply 133September 4, 2019 8:01 PM

Smegma

by Anonymousreply 134September 4, 2019 9:06 PM

I'm not a big ketchup fan -- mustard only on my burgers and hot dogs -- and I never put in on fries, but it's indispensable on meatloaf ... and especially on cold meatloaf sandwiches.

by Anonymousreply 135September 4, 2019 9:10 PM

Tomato soup - it just tastes like watery ketchup. Barley soup - it has that chewy grain texture that reminds me of oatmeal and I hate oatmeal.

by Anonymousreply 136September 4, 2019 9:20 PM

Love goat cheese, brie, olives, succotash and tomato soup!!

by Anonymousreply 137September 4, 2019 11:50 PM

I had no idea that so many people find alcohol so distasteful. I like wine but wouldn't miss it if I never had it again. I used to drink cold beer but haven't had one in in years. But I love a couple of vodka on the rocks.

by Anonymousreply 138September 5, 2019 2:53 AM

Pussy

by Anonymousreply 139September 5, 2019 4:17 AM

Kale. I tastes some steamed today and it's just as bad as raw. Kale should have stayed decoration on a salad bar.

by Anonymousreply 140September 5, 2019 8:53 PM

It really is beautiful, isn't it, R140? It's used in floral designs by the teacher of a class that a friend is taking and those are stunning. But I have desire to eat it.

by Anonymousreply 141September 5, 2019 9:51 PM

^^^ That is, I have NO desire to eat it!

by Anonymousreply 142September 5, 2019 9:53 PM

Pickles, bell pepper, blue cheese, shrimp, olives, mushroom, bacon.

by Anonymousreply 143September 5, 2019 9:59 PM

Yes, R141, I have no desire to eat it either. Kale always looked pretty back when we were just supposed to look at it and eat it. When did it go from trim to a trendy food, about 10 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 144September 5, 2019 10:41 PM

Kale is OK in soup, such as Portuguese caldo verde, or as part of a greens mix; on its own, not so much.

No blue cheese for me either, although can tolerate "crumbles" as part of a meal. Watery tomato soup is depressing, but thick soup or cream-of-tomato are fine.

Sorry, Rhoda, but I like ketchup on hamburgers; had some with my fish-and-chips lunch today as well.

by Anonymousreply 145September 5, 2019 10:49 PM

Seafood.

by Anonymousreply 146September 5, 2019 11:18 PM

Fried chicken wings and mashed.

by Anonymousreply 147September 5, 2019 11:48 PM

Bacon?!

Wtf!

by Anonymousreply 148September 6, 2019 12:14 AM

Beer. I hate the taste of it; it’s repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 149September 6, 2019 12:32 AM

Beer. I hate the taste of it; it’s repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 150September 6, 2019 12:32 AM

Nobody doesn't like Sara Lee!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151September 6, 2019 12:53 AM

Mayonnaise. Anything with a drop of it makes me want to puke, from any of the disgusting mayo soaked salads (egg, macaroni, potato other than German) to creamy salad dressings on a green salad to dips.

Mustard of any variety.

Olives.

Liver and other internal organ meats.

by Anonymousreply 152September 6, 2019 2:05 AM

No deviled eggs for you, R152!

by Anonymousreply 153September 6, 2019 2:18 AM

You bitches are picky!

by Anonymousreply 154September 6, 2019 6:20 AM

Roasted chestnuts...barf. and those chinese water chestnuts too....double barf.

by Anonymousreply 155September 6, 2019 7:18 AM

Green things

by Anonymousreply 156September 20, 2019 1:12 AM

Mushrooms

by Anonymousreply 157September 20, 2019 1:42 AM

Most of what I hate has been mentioned but I HATE raisins, will not have anything with raisins in it. Also, I love peanuts and hazelnuts but hate peanut butter and Nutella

by Anonymousreply 158September 20, 2019 1:47 AM

R158 Nutella makes me actually vomit. I will never eat again.

by Anonymousreply 159September 20, 2019 2:05 AM

Discovered today I hate radicchio. I had a salad and though oh good, red cabbage. Was I unpleasantly surprised. Not enough dressing in the world to ever eat that again.

by Anonymousreply 160September 20, 2019 2:16 AM

This is a fascinating thread, to hear all the different food dislikes. I can't stand a large number of foods, but some of these entries surprise even me. Sourdough bread? Raisins? And I realize that my taste buds might be a diva, but I have no issues with texture, like some of you do.

by Anonymousreply 161September 20, 2019 3:05 AM

I have a weird relationship with raisins. I love cinnamon raisin bagels and toast. I love putting raisins in my cereal, I adore GORP. But, I detest raisins in sweets such as carrot cake or cinnamon buns.

by Anonymousreply 162September 20, 2019 3:16 AM

I like to try just about anything, but like someone up thread, offal is just awful.

But here’s one i haven’t seen here yet, I can’t eat any meat which is still on the bone. Seeing a bone grosses me out. So I’ve never had ribs, T-bone steak, chicken wings, etc. Now if the meat is cut off the bone and served to me, oh i love i. Lastly, any type of overt corn product (i know that corn is in almost all kinds of processed foods) but on the cob, polenta, corn bread, corn chowder, yuck.

Also i can’t stand re-heated beef, it has a very weird mouth feel/texture/taste to me. however, i can eat cold beef no problem.

by Anonymousreply 163September 20, 2019 3:17 AM

When I was a kid I couldn't stand raisins in baked goods. I also hated pineapple, green onions, tomatoes, and corn in soup. I could eat corn on the cob or canned corn but corn floating around would make me puke.

by Anonymousreply 164September 20, 2019 3:19 AM

Tofu. It's like a parasite that tries to suck up flavor from anything since it has no taste of it's own. Plus, the texture is unappealing at best.

by Anonymousreply 165September 20, 2019 3:21 AM

I despise Tomatoes. I hate their slimy texture and the seeds. It feels like I am swallowing raw oysters. They slither down your throat.

by Anonymousreply 166September 20, 2019 3:31 AM

Mayonnaise

by Anonymousreply 167January 1, 2021 6:16 PM

Tofu, octopus, offal, a lot of Southern and soul food.

The thing I refused to eat and made me throw up by just looking at it was a bowl of what looked like gecko soup that was served during a trip to Vietnam.

by Anonymousreply 168January 1, 2021 6:20 PM

Okra. Slimy and gross.

by Anonymousreply 169January 4, 2021 3:34 PM

In general, I'll eat anything.

I don't like overly spiced foods, though. If all I can taste is the heat, then I'm not going to enjoy the food.

I try to avoid cilantro, because of the soapiness.

But anything else, I'm just a hoover. Oysters, Wasabi, Cake...

by Anonymousreply 170January 4, 2021 3:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!