Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nico Tortorella's forthcoming memoir

Nico Tortorella is a seeker. Raised on a steady regimen of Ram Dass and raw food, they have always been interested in the more spiritual aspects of life. That is, until the desire for fame and fortune eclipsed their journey toward enlightenment and sent them into a downward spiral of addiction and self-destructive behavior. It wasn’t until Nico dug deep and began to examine the fluidity of both their sexuality and gender identity that they became more comfortable in their own skin, got sober from alcohol, entered into an unconventional marriage with the love of their life, and fully embraced a queer lifestyle that afforded them the opportunity to explore the world outside the gender binary. It was precisely in that space between that Nico encountered the diverse community of open-minded, supportive peers they’d always dreamed of having.

Expanding on themes explored on their popular podcast, The Love Bomb, Nico shares the intimate details of their romantic partnerships, the dysfunction of their loud but loving Italian family, and the mingling of their feminine and masculine identities into one multidimensional, sexually fluid, nonbinary individual. Nico has become a leading voice of the fluidity movement by encouraging open dialogue and universal acceptance. Space Between is at once an education for readers, a manifesto for both the labeled and label-free generations, and a personal memoir of love, identity, and acceptance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241October 5, 2019 12:51 PM

He's a little to cringe-worthy, and the tattoos are hideous.

by Anonymousreply 1August 28, 2019 9:02 PM

They've dropped the price by 30% before it's come out.

by Anonymousreply 2August 28, 2019 9:03 PM

"entered into an unconventional marriage"

A man and a woman marrying. How very unconventional! I'm sorry, but it's just a little too WEIRD and FREAKY for me!

But if you think Nico's insufferable, consider that some are now identifying as multiple personalities in one body:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 28, 2019 9:07 PM

A Nico Tortellini memoir? Oh my goodness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 28, 2019 9:13 PM

Nico is apparently a “they” now....barf!

by Anonymousreply 5August 28, 2019 9:16 PM

Tortorella, Teller of Tales

by Anonymousreply 6August 28, 2019 9:18 PM

That cover font.

by Anonymousreply 7August 28, 2019 9:23 PM

[quote] Nico Tortorella's forthcoming memoir

When will the leaflet be released?

by Anonymousreply 8August 28, 2019 9:55 PM

I always wonder how the parents feel when these pseudo-celebs write about how hard their lives were growing up. I'm sure they gave them all the first world commodities they could afford and never asked for anything in return.

by Anonymousreply 9August 28, 2019 10:04 PM

Nico didn't have a father growing up. His pseudo father, his uncle also disappeared into the ether.

by Anonymousreply 10August 28, 2019 10:06 PM

I am sure his millions of fans will gobble this right up!

by Anonymousreply 11August 28, 2019 11:42 PM

Is he light in the loafers?

by Anonymousreply 12August 28, 2019 11:45 PM

“Nico Tortorella embodies the twenty-first-century human.”—RuPaul

by Anonymousreply 13September 10, 2019 7:11 PM

“ Space Between is honest, insightful, and poetic. This book encourages a new dialogue around humanity, sexuality, and gender identity that has been missing from the conversation. Each page inspires the reader to reflect and challenge their own biases, while gently championing self-growth and the respect of others.” —Karamo Brown

by Anonymousreply 14September 10, 2019 7:11 PM

As Datalounge is my witness, I will never knowingly read another book, article, or tweet by anyone who uses "they" as a singular pronoun. It makes me stumble every time I read it. It kills a few brain cells with each sentence. And I have yet to read a damn thing worth reading by anyone who uses it.

by Anonymousreply 15September 10, 2019 7:15 PM

Chapter 1

My name is Nico Tortorella, short for Nicolo Luigi ­Tortorella—­a real mouthful of prosciutto. Although my birth certificate says Louis, not Luigi, Mom’s always said my middle name is Luigi. She wants to make sure everyone in the world knows we’re Italian, but my grandma is the only one in the family who’s actually set foot in Italy. Well, I went to Milan once for fashion week, but that doesn’t really count. Someone I used to date once told me I’m about as Italian as the Olive Garden. But my mom definitely isn’t having it when I try to correct her by saying we’re Italian American. Shut the f*k up, Nico, you’re 100 percent Italian. Don’t ever forget it.

Nico is not a family name. My mom was eight months pregnant and watching the classic Hollywood film A bove the Law, a story of a native Sicilian detective in the Chicago Police Department played by the one and only Steven Seagal. The Legend. (This was his first movie and pre-­#MeToo.) His name in the movie was Nico Toscani.

Bam!

Between the ponytail, tinted glasses, and martial arts training, that was it: my mom had decided my name. I still like to believe she was really into the Velvet Underground in the seventies and named me after the real Nico of the century, but as the story goes, my mom was a disco queen and Steven Seagal was her one and only source of baby-­name inspiration.

I moved out of my family’s house in the northern Chicago suburbs when I was pretty young, only seventeen. The North Shore is about as white and privileged as you can get—­if you’ve seen any John Hughes movies, then you’ve seen my high school. My best friends were some of the richest kids in the country, but my family lived on the other side of town. Our house was a pretty modest working-­class kind of place that my parents had bought with my grandmother’s help when they were still together.

The performing arts were taken very seriously at my giant school of four thousand students. Every year I was in at least three different choir classes and two acting classes, which took up most of my days. I guess I was what you might call a stoner intellectual artist thespian. There was some speculation about my sexuality in high school, but the theater department was insanely insular and provided an environment where it was socially acceptable for me to be relatively queer while still maintaining a veneer of heterosexual masculinity. Ever since high school, I have always been able to play this masculine heartthrob role while also being a flamboyant thespian, which I think is a foundational aspect of my gender—­I can be on Younger and also one of the queens.

I took myself pretty seriously, but at the same time had a Ferris Bueller air about me; I took time to stop and look around and enjoy life, no matter how fast it was moving. And I always tried to make sense of my life through art—­it really does have the power to alter reality. For instance, all the seniors at my high school had the option to take the last quarter off to do an elective thesis project of some sort. Most kids went off to do internships or philanthropic “life experience” expeditions that would look excellent on college applications or other typical upper-­class, privileged activities. But somehow I persuaded my teachers that proper learning, for me, would be to construct a twelve-­by-­twelve-­foot mixed-­media mural in my garage (while smoking a ton of weed). My cousin lived across the street and helped me build the wooden structure on which to paint; it ended up weighing over four hundred pounds. I mapped out what I wanted the piece to look like on a small scale, and split that into sections before I started working on the real deal. I was always working on paintings and had even sold some, but this was my first large-­scale endeavor.

by Anonymousreply 16September 10, 2019 7:17 PM

I called the piece Free Will. It was a larger-­than-­life representation of Da Vinci’s Vitruvian Man, split between the binary divides of the world—­the physical and the spiritual, the city and the country, nature and nurture. Ever since I was a kid, I had been obsessed with positive thinking and the mystic writings of Ram Dass, Dan Millman, David Wolfe, Napoleon Hill, and other modern spiritual folk my aunt and uncle had introduced me to at a very young age. The mural had a geometric component to it, and running across the entire lower quarter was a metal fence that the charcoaled Vitruvian Man was reaching for, begging to cross over, desperate to reach the other side and be free.

I worked on the piece for six weeks, and it was truly f*king epic. We’d built it to fold in the middle so we could transport it, but still needed an eighteen-­foot flatbed truck to move it to school. My mom had a guy (my mom always had a guy), and it took six of us to get it into the auditorium, where it towered above all the other exhibits. It was such a proud moment for me, standing in my high school for the last time with something substantial to show for my efforts.

At that point in my life, I was an actor through and through. Half my school days were filled with acting and choir classes, leaving no time for anything else. I’d been acting on the stage since middle school, but in the auditorium in that moment, I realized what I really wanted to do was make art that was a tactile and visual manifestation of my internal thoughts. Art as change. That mural was the beginning of something so much bigger than I realized at the time.

Once the presentation was over, I had to get that dude out of the auditorium and figure out what the hell to do with him. I couldn’t take him home; I had nowhere to store a piece that colossal. I could have left him at school, but I couldn’t bring myself to let someone else decide his fate. There was only one thing I could do—­destroy him.

by Anonymousreply 17September 10, 2019 7:18 PM

I hadn’t seen or spoken to my real dad—­I hate the way that sounds, excuse me—­my birth father in a long time, but I knew he was the only person for the job. But before I tell you about the demolition, let’s back up for a minute so I can tell you some more about Pops.

My mom and dad split when I was four and my little brother, Rocco, was two. My parents have kind of a hopeless romantic love story. My dad was already married and his first wife had just had a baby not long before the night he walked into my mom’s bar, where she was making drinks behind the bar, being her beautiful, brash, Italian American self. If the story Mom tells is true, Pops never went back home after that.

The earliest memories I have of my daddy are from right before he and Mom divorced. Even now, it’s like it was yesterday that I was standing between the two of them in the kitchen while they were arguing about God knows what. Actually, I do know: my grandma had just moved in with us. If you ask my dad, that’s the real reason they split; they stopped sleeping in the same bedroom when Grandma started living with us. My brother and I had bunk beds in the room adjacent to the master bedroom, and there was a third bedroom, which was also an in-house tanning salon that doubled as a guest room. (Yes, my mother had a tanning bed in our working-­class abode. Classic Mommy.) That room became my dad’s bedroom, and though my brother and I usually slept with our mom and had literally since we came home from the hospital, I would sneak off to my dad’s room as much as I could. I can still smell the perfumed concoction of coconut tanning lotion, beer, cigarettes, and distinct man musk that would fill my nose as I nestled my way into the crook of his arm to fall asleep. I loved it in there more than anything—­the bedroom, the nook, the safety. I remember the day he left, the first time his bed was empty, never to be filled again—­at least not in the same way.

If you were to ask my mom today why they got divorced, she would probably say something like, “I married your dad for the Italian last name and because he looked like Kurt Russell. I wanted beautiful Italian babies with Italian names, but I wanted a lifestyle he couldn’t support. I wanted an upper-­middle-­class life instead of a working-­class one, and that just wasn’t your father.” Her actual words would undoubtedly be a lot funnier and less PC.

It’s true, what she says about Pops. He’s never really cared about the material world or making more money than he already has. I mean, my dad was a garbage truck driver when we were really little. I remember him taking me to school in a garbage truck, and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. My mom says she’s the one who actually got him that job; that she had to force him into going to the public works facility because he didn’t have any drive of his own. I obviously don’t take after him in that way, but my dad is a lover through and through, and I’m really thankful he gave that to me.

by Anonymousreply 18September 10, 2019 7:19 PM

"This book encourages a new dialogue around... gender identity"

The last thing I want is to be "encouraged" to have a "dialogue" about something I don't have, don't want, and don't need. Gender can take a hike and take Nico with it.

by Anonymousreply 19September 10, 2019 7:19 PM

Nobody gives a shit

by Anonymousreply 20September 10, 2019 7:20 PM

"Yes, my mother had a tanning bed in our working-­class abode."

This (and other trashy details) probably explains a lot about his intellectual pretension, but I'm too exhausted to "unpack" it, as the kids say on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 21September 10, 2019 7:31 PM

this bitch is utterly insufferable. show us your hole and make yourself useful.

by Anonymousreply 22September 10, 2019 7:43 PM

Fuck this shit.

by Anonymousreply 23September 10, 2019 7:44 PM

I may read it and then return it after.

by Anonymousreply 24September 10, 2019 7:45 PM

Nico is frequently eyeroll inducing but I'm glad a young, relatively successful actor is pretty bold with his faggotry.

by Anonymousreply 25September 10, 2019 7:47 PM

"faggotry"

You misspelled "appropriation."

by Anonymousreply 26September 10, 2019 7:51 PM

Are you suggested Nico is hetero?

by Anonymousreply 27September 10, 2019 8:06 PM

He is just so fucking tiresome. And straight. Straightly tiresome

by Anonymousreply 28September 10, 2019 8:07 PM

He's not straight. Is his relationship with his lesbian wife likely co-dependant? I'd say so. He's definitely family, though. As if anyone would date Kyle Krieger for clout...

by Anonymousreply 29September 10, 2019 8:12 PM

R29 Receipts of him taking a cock thanks

by Anonymousreply 30September 10, 2019 8:14 PM

He’s only ever dated women. He feels being queer is how you act also. Read into it.

He was free to “act” queer in HS because of his plays.

by Anonymousreply 31September 10, 2019 8:15 PM

He has interviewed ex-boyfriends of his on his podcast.

by Anonymousreply 32September 10, 2019 8:17 PM

Lmaoooo

by Anonymousreply 33September 10, 2019 8:17 PM

[Quote] He feels being queer is how you act also.

It's not? There are lots of gay boys who were clocked as such before they ever touched another cock...

by Anonymousreply 34September 10, 2019 8:18 PM

R32 Who? Names

by Anonymousreply 35September 10, 2019 8:20 PM

This book is LITERAL VIOLENCE!!!!

by Anonymousreply 36September 10, 2019 8:23 PM

The aforementioned Kyle, Joey Gray, to name but two.

by Anonymousreply 37September 10, 2019 8:23 PM

Will there be any nacreous layers of permacum?

by Anonymousreply 38September 10, 2019 8:24 PM

He did a live explaining his book and said he keeps trying to erase his white privilege and that he’s aware of it but there’s nothing he can do about it so he’s trying to make change for LGBTQ+ people plus brown and black People because he hates that his race and being perceived as “straight” gives him advantages over those not the same.

by Anonymousreply 39September 10, 2019 8:30 PM

I'm sure that by marrying a woman and going by "they/them" pronouns is doing a hell of a lot for gay black and brown people.

by Anonymousreply 40September 10, 2019 8:32 PM

He wants change for straight black and brown people also. He hates that being white gives him access to things most others don’t and gives him leverage over others.

He even said that his skin color kept him middle class even without trying.

by Anonymousreply 41September 10, 2019 8:34 PM

If he wasn't white and "hawt", you wouldn't have bothered paying attention to any of his brain droppings in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 42September 10, 2019 8:38 PM

If he wasn’t hot. R42 I find different guys of other races and ethnicities hot also. Not just white.

by Anonymousreply 43September 10, 2019 8:42 PM

Another social media star making a book. Who cares? It’ll be in the clearance rack soon, right next to Shane Dawson’s literary farts.

by Anonymousreply 44September 11, 2019 12:17 AM

"They" are an attention-seeking, queer-baiting narcissist. Hard pass on anything Nico is involved in.

by Anonymousreply 45September 11, 2019 12:25 AM

Oh my God

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 11, 2019 12:43 AM

This guy is so fucking tiresome.

Gay voice and all, his ex Kyle Krieger is far more attractive - and yet we never get threads about him. Instead, we get thread after unwanted thread about this douchenozzle....

by Anonymousreply 47September 11, 2019 2:19 AM

[Quote] yet we never get threads about him.

That's because we've seen his dick pics.

by Anonymousreply 48September 11, 2019 7:30 AM

I like Younger but they need to kill his character in a motorcycle accident. BAD actor, dreadful fake conflict.

by Anonymousreply 49September 11, 2019 7:40 AM

Was he one of the Bling Ring kids or did he work for Vanderpump's Sur?

by Anonymousreply 50September 11, 2019 8:27 AM

I'm sure we find out if he's got an innie or outie belly-button with all that navel gazing.

by Anonymousreply 51September 11, 2019 8:31 AM

How profound.

by Anonymousreply 52September 11, 2019 8:58 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 11, 2019 9:21 AM

I like John's face.

by Anonymousreply 54September 11, 2019 9:59 AM

Twins? Get it, Nico!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55September 11, 2019 10:14 AM

"They" are the people living in his head.

by Anonymousreply 56September 11, 2019 10:23 AM

Memoir, LOL.

As if.

by Anonymousreply 57September 11, 2019 10:47 AM

This book reveals the depth of Nico's Spirit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58September 11, 2019 1:00 PM

It's an easy read. He doesn't use too many big words.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59September 11, 2019 1:02 PM

It comes out tomorrow, girls. Make sure to buy it.

by Anonymousreply 60September 17, 2019 2:22 AM

Okay, r60.

by Anonymousreply 61September 17, 2019 2:40 AM

This guy's still alive?

by Anonymousreply 62September 17, 2019 2:49 AM

Alive and redefining identity. Or something.

by Anonymousreply 63September 17, 2019 3:00 AM

Thank god he hasn't procreated.

by Anonymousreply 64September 17, 2019 3:01 AM

"Their"? Good Lord!

"got sober from alcohol"- still does meth and smokes pot all day.

This sounds exceptionally foolish, the type of book Tommy DiDario might enjoy!

by Anonymousreply 65September 17, 2019 3:06 AM

[quote]My name is Nico Tortorella, short for Nicolo Luigi ­Tortorella—­a real mouthful of prosciutto.

I'd wager a real assful of prosciutto too!

by Anonymousreply 66September 17, 2019 3:16 AM

They need to quit

by Anonymousreply 67September 17, 2019 3:19 AM

Has A Vapid Melon blurbed it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68September 17, 2019 6:16 AM

They talk about the time Ashton Kutcher yelled at them for doing drugs. Then whines how Ashton -their boss at the time - should have been more delicate about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69September 18, 2019 7:43 PM

[quote]“It absolutely was a f—ing wake up call. Do I think that he handled it in the best way possible? No, absolutely not,” Tortorella says. “Should I have been doing those things around my bosses at that moment? No, probably not. But if he or anyone in that moment actually cared about me, there would have been a way to sit down and have that conversation in a meaningful, helpful manner.”

Oh STFU. You were doing drugs in what was essentially still a professional environment. I'm not a fan of Kutcher, but he went pretty easy on this idiot.

by Anonymousreply 70September 18, 2019 7:51 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71September 18, 2019 8:40 PM

I ordered the book. It should be arriving by Friday.

by Anonymousreply 72September 18, 2019 9:08 PM

He's got a great body and a handsome face, but he's a complete idiot and a complete narcissist.

There are plenty of other great bodies with handsome faces that are more worthy of people's time.

by Anonymousreply 73September 18, 2019 9:12 PM

[quote] Gay voice and all, his ex Kyle Krieger is far more attractive - and yet we never get threads about him. Instead, we get thread after unwanted thread about this douchenozzle....

Then go ahead and create your own threads about whomever you choose.

by Anonymousreply 74September 18, 2019 9:16 PM

The title seems to be a reference to his ears.

by Anonymousreply 75September 18, 2019 9:18 PM

Is his wife a they too?

by Anonymousreply 76September 18, 2019 9:21 PM

Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 77September 18, 2019 9:23 PM

Just reading the synopsis was exhausting. Can't imagine getting through the entire book.

by Anonymousreply 78September 18, 2019 9:27 PM

[quote] got sober from alcohol,

Not much of an achievement to get sober from alcohol but from nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 79September 18, 2019 9:29 PM

I'm so glad of this guy's existence.

by Anonymousreply 80September 18, 2019 9:33 PM

In person he's tiny and has crazy eyes.

by Anonymousreply 81September 19, 2019 6:12 AM

He was genetically blessed to say the fucking least--it's a shame (and somewhat unbelievable) that he is still so clearly insecure and attention-seeking that he's indulging in this gender charade for publicity. Sight unseen, I'd find him beyond fuckable, but his personality and transparent need for attention is revulsive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82September 19, 2019 6:56 AM

Here is Nico and his "spouse" posed nude for Thanksgiving last year (because that makes perfect sense)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83September 19, 2019 7:12 AM

Does Nico's wife peg him, or does he also fuck guys?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84September 19, 2019 7:13 AM

He is a black hole of attention-seeking.

by Anonymousreply 85September 19, 2019 8:45 PM

R82 I think they think them is Kurt Cobain V2.0 (but they aren't).

by Anonymousreply 86September 21, 2019 3:08 AM

Agree r82. The cynic in me wonders if this isn't just a way for him to stand out. There are SO many actors and SO many shows now. It's impossible to keep up. Not to mention all the other media personalities. Celebrity is a very crowded field these days, perhaps this is just a gimmick for Nico to have his own niche and be noticed, he's not really religiously into it.

by Anonymousreply 87September 21, 2019 3:17 AM

And yet his paid gigs - YOUNGER and that MTV Tattoo show with Snooki - are very mainstream boring. If he's doing the draggy looks purely for attention, it hasn't set him on a different career road, really. The writing is pretty niche and not how he pays his bills.

by Anonymousreply 88September 21, 2019 3:21 AM

Many have paid their bills via writing

by Anonymousreply 89September 21, 2019 1:56 PM

Men fuck him, he is the black hole of need...and cum.

by Anonymousreply 90September 21, 2019 4:29 PM

I will be glad when this cultural moment of young performers being teases on social media with regards to genderfluidity is finally over. Nico Tortorella, Cody Fern, Ezra Miller, Sam Smith... they all act like they are so daring, yet this is all yesterday's news.

by Anonymousreply 91September 21, 2019 5:01 PM

Well, if we're talking about it today...

by Anonymousreply 92September 21, 2019 5:03 PM

I just got my copy. So excited

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93September 21, 2019 5:17 PM

I busted out laughing during the part they speak about their husband/wife and they laying next to each other and not touching but having “energy sex” instead. This was while they were in college together.

by Anonymousreply 94September 21, 2019 9:24 PM

In a vid with his trans ex, the first time sleeping together was discussed. Nico stipulated that nothing below the waist was going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 95September 21, 2019 10:03 PM

Nico discusses his issues with getting hard.

by Anonymousreply 96September 21, 2019 10:14 PM

[quote]and not touching but having “energy sex” instead

What drugs were they on?

by Anonymousreply 97September 22, 2019 12:01 AM

Ayahuasca?

by Anonymousreply 98September 22, 2019 12:02 AM

This guy is a perfect example of someone who was soooo much hotter before he opened his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 99September 22, 2019 12:03 AM

r93

Update the thread with details of his male sexual encounters, please.

by Anonymousreply 100September 22, 2019 12:03 AM

That's pretty funny, R94. If he wasn't conventionally good-looking, Nico wouldn't get away with even half of his bullshit antics, and no one would pay them any attention.

by Anonymousreply 101September 22, 2019 12:04 AM

He wrote about his first time having sex with a man, he was in HS and the guys parents weren’t home. They fucked and he slept over and tried to play it off cool, and then the guy dropped him off home and he went into the shower in his basement and started bawling, because despite playing cool it was a big deal to him, and although he loved it, he felt he did something wrong and felt dirty for it. He describes himself as having “barely pubescent skin” so he was young.

He didn’t tell his now wife until years later and she wondered why, and it’s because he felt that was a moment for HIMSELF.

by Anonymousreply 102September 22, 2019 12:07 AM

The top paragraph he speaks about his energy sex with Bethany. (It’s the second half of the paragraph but it’s enough)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103September 22, 2019 12:13 AM

Nico downplayed his first time when he spoke with Vulture a few years ago.

Tortorella realized he saw sexuality differently after his first sexual experience with another man in high school: One of his best friends was gay, but had a hard time accepting it. “This is going to sound fucked, but I knew that he was really struggling. And I was like, Look, if I hook up with him, maybe it will make things easier for him,” Tortorella remembers. “We hooked up. There was no assplay at all. It was just dick-to-mouth here. He was shaken up about it and I was like, ‘It’s fine. What happened last night doesn’t make you the person that you are. Why are you putting so much weight on it?’ And when that happened, I was like, Oh, I’m thinking about this differently than everyone else is thinking about it.”

In the same interview, the way he described his argument with Ashton Kutcher about his (Nico) doing drugs was more combative.

His drug use ended up affecting his relationship with Kutcher, which blew up in a fight at a premiere party at the Top of the Standard, in New York. “We’re at the Boom Boom Room, and it was literally Demi, Bruce, Ashton, and a handful of other very, very famous people,” Tortorella recalls. “Someone was shoveling coke into my face in the bathroom. I come back out and Ashton calls me out in front of everybody and gets in my face. And I’m loaded on a bunch of coke and 21 years old, and so I got in his face and we started pushing each other back and forth. In hindsight, embarrassing. I wish that had never happened.”

Funny enough, in that interview he still whines about how Ashton handled it.

Obviously, there was an issue, but he should have fucking handled it better than he did,” Tortorella says. “He shouldn’t have called me out in front of all those people. He was my boss. He would have sat me down if he really cared about me.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104September 22, 2019 12:19 AM

I'd be pissed off if someone called me out for doing drugs while Demi Moore was sitting right there.

by Anonymousreply 105September 22, 2019 12:25 AM

He spoke about being raised in a racist/homophobic home. The word “nigger” and “faggot” etc. and any racial slur were constantly used by his VERY RACIST/HOMOPHOBIC Grandma and mom. His neighborhood was all white People and Jews and his family was always going on racist rants about the Jewish neighbors and finally one day a black family moved into the neighborhood and he befriended the kid and his Grandma and mom freaked out on him and wouldn’t allow him to be friends with the black kid, but he did anyway in school until one day he painted fake earrings on the kid as they were playing but the kids parents felt he was being bullied by the white kids so Nico wasn’t allowed to play with him anymore. That family moved away shortly after.

His Grandma wouldn’t even let him touch a female ring or bracelet because she feared he would become a gay man (but she used slurs).

by Anonymousreply 106September 22, 2019 12:30 AM

I'm sure his mother is delighted about his memoir...

by Anonymousreply 107September 22, 2019 12:33 AM

He also spoke about his very masculine, fit, handsome stepdad. He said while he doesn’t consider him “homophobic”, he was always using slurs and jabs like the rest of his family, but he was always good to him and his brother.

Here is what he had to say about his take on his stepdads sexuality

“While my stepdad is not gay, it’s funny how the most hypermasculine guys are often The ones who engage in the most Homo erotic behavior. Football players slapping each other’s asses, talking about dicks, or, in my stepdad’s case, having copies of “International Male” sent to the house. Now, if you know what international male is, you feel me. But if you don’t, let me give you a little insight. International male was a men’s catalog that existed from 1974 to 2007 and was especially geared toward the dandy. As a competitive power lifter, my stepdad had the body to show for it, and he liked wearing clothing that accentuated it. But let’s be honest here these catalogs were basically softcore gay porn. There was a separate interest in each catalog called under gear. It was dicks on dicks on dicks on jockstraps on bathing suits on dicks. And it was always in the drawer next to the toilet in the bathroom. Needless to say, I always knew when the new issue came in.”

by Anonymousreply 108September 22, 2019 12:37 AM

His mother most likely checked out of her son's life a long time ago.

Would have loved to be a fly on the wall when she saw the pic posted at R46, however.

by Anonymousreply 109September 22, 2019 12:38 AM

He loves his “NaNa”, but he speaks about her pretty negatively and says she was “evil”.

by Anonymousreply 110September 22, 2019 12:40 AM

[Quote] His mother most likely checked out of her son's life a long time ago.

How long ago? When Milk put Nico in drag, his mother apparently called him and said something like "Just when you were being normal, you do THIS!"

There were also pics of the happy couple spending Xmas with family since getting married. I assumed it was Nico's family.

by Anonymousreply 111September 22, 2019 12:43 AM

I think he is pretty close with his mom now. On his IG He’s talked about how she has evolved.

by Anonymousreply 112September 22, 2019 12:43 AM

His mom has gotten better now. I think she’s had to, or she won’t get his paychecks.

Lord knows, the way he describes her...

When his mom and dad met she was a bartender and he was married to another woman with a kid. That night she convinced him to not go back home to his wife and they divorced and he ended up marrying her. They had the two boys and then she put her mother before her husband and he eventually left because of her mother living with them and they hated each other. His mother was fine with him leaving because he was content being working middle class and she wants a man that can give her “Upper Middle Class” and she’s very materialistic while his father isn’t.

He also said that she always had MANY men around him.

by Anonymousreply 113September 22, 2019 12:47 AM

[Quite] He also said that she always had MANY men around him.

Eek.

by Anonymousreply 114September 22, 2019 12:49 AM

[Quote] He also said that she always had MANY men around him.

Eek.

by Anonymousreply 115September 22, 2019 12:49 AM

I think if I ever met him, I would want to throttle him in about two minutes.

by Anonymousreply 116September 22, 2019 12:49 AM

He’s born and raised in a Chicago suburb. If you’ve seen any John Hughes movie, you know exactly what kind of HS and town he grew up in. He went for an art degree after HS in college, in Chicago, couldn’t take the dorms so his mom found him a loft and paid for it without his stepdad even noticing (guess he made all the money she wanted in a man). Eventually he wanted to move to LA, which she was against, so he used school to convince her to move there and left Art school and transferred to a business school in LA. That’s the only way she would let him go but he was gonna go no matter what one day.

by Anonymousreply 117September 22, 2019 12:56 AM

No wonder aerobics instructor Bethany has stuck around for so long... Will she secure the bag with a baby soon?

by Anonymousreply 118September 22, 2019 12:57 AM

I didn't know he came from money. That explains a lot about his attitude. Think Alok, Jacob Tobia, etc. They're all insufferable moneyed cunts.

by Anonymousreply 119September 22, 2019 1:03 AM

Bethany and him met in college. Freshman Year. She’s from a strict Baptist home in Missouri and she had a boyfriend when they met, and they had so much chemistry she told him about the BF to keep anything from happening. Another night she came over his apartment (they lived in the same building also) with girlfriends and she stayed after her friends left and they spent the whole night talking, and that’s where he learned about her Baptist background etc and they were so close to kissing she got up and walked out without saying bye to avoid anything. Their connection was always strong. One night when it was pouring outside she came banging on his door, soaked and told him she just broke up with her BF and from then on they were together. Well, after a few weeks he ended it with her, and then eventually they ran into each other and the sparks were there and they got back together and the rest is history. On and off but always connected. He had his first group sex and threesome etc with her too. They grew sexually, together.

He now lives one hour outside of NYC in his dream house (that he thanks Younger for allowing him to afford) in a good, small town that he feels “at home” in. He seems to love NYC but not living in NYC. He likes that he can go to the city when he wants within an hour but not have to live in it.

by Anonymousreply 120September 22, 2019 1:04 AM

R119 he was raised in a working middle class home. They weren’t from money. His mother wanted to rid of his father (and did) because she wanted a man that could afford to make her life “Upper Middle Class”, and that was his stepdad.

by Anonymousreply 121September 22, 2019 1:05 AM

[Quote] the rest is history. On and off but always connected.

There's more to it than that. She was engaged at least once, to a woman, right?

by Anonymousreply 122September 22, 2019 1:07 AM

This requires more attention:

[quote]in my stepdad’s case, having copies of “International Male” sent to the house.

by Anonymousreply 123September 22, 2019 1:10 AM

r121 but his mother eventually got a man with money, so Nico definitely had a nice life for part of his upbringing.

by Anonymousreply 124September 22, 2019 1:12 AM

Nico has spoken of an uncle who acted as a surrogate father. But the uncle disappeared without a word of warning. I presume the stepfather entered the picture later, perhaps after much of his childhood was over.

by Anonymousreply 125September 22, 2019 1:27 AM

Wasn’t International Male a catalogue with fit gorgeous men selling clothing and underwear? He said the stepdad liked to dress to show off his physique so maybe that’s why he had it come monthly?

I do think it’s weird he kept it in a drawer next to the toilet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126September 22, 2019 1:28 AM

[Quote] He now lives one hour outside of NYC in his dream house (that he thanks Younger for allowing him to afford) in a good, small town that he feels “at home” in. He seems to love NYC but not living in NYC. He likes that he can go to the city when he wants within an hour but not have to live in it.

Does his favorite lesbian live with him?

by Anonymousreply 127September 22, 2019 1:31 AM

“When my grandpa first set foot in this country, expecting it to be the best place ever, he quickly discovered that Italians were treated like shit. Alcohol became a numbing agent, and somehow, he saw it as the means to a better life once he began profiting off it.”

And DLers would argue with his Grandfather, claiming Italians are treated like other whites because they’re white when in reality they were considered “Latin” in this Country for decades.

by Anonymousreply 128September 22, 2019 2:15 AM

The brother is on the stepmom's page regularly, but not much Nico. It looks like he has a stepsister.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129September 22, 2019 2:18 AM

They have a half sister through their bio father and his wife after he left the mom.

by Anonymousreply 130September 22, 2019 2:30 AM

I presume this is the teen gay he blew, as per the interview above.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131September 22, 2019 2:33 AM

The first thing he ever shoved up his ass was a spoon after he moved to LA. He lived with this female 12 years his senior he met and they had a connection. She moved him in with her and they would sleep in the same bed but never fuck, just get high and were best friends and would jerk off together and explore. She kept coconut oil and a spoon by her bed and one night he shoved it up his ass.

by Anonymousreply 132September 22, 2019 2:47 AM

Was the woman Mindy Cohn?

by Anonymousreply 133September 22, 2019 2:49 AM

Dannii to Nico's Kylie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134September 22, 2019 2:50 AM

While in LA he walked into this Vegan restaurant and got the job on the spot. At first he thought it was because he was Vegan and passionate about it since Middle School, but now he believes it was because of his “symmetrical face”.

He also walked into Ford models one day and got signed on the spot. A 4 year contract. After that he dropped out of school.

by Anonymousreply 135September 22, 2019 3:00 AM

His nose tilts to his right,though.

by Anonymousreply 136September 22, 2019 3:02 AM

R136 now. Maybe not pre-drug addict

by Anonymousreply 137September 22, 2019 3:03 AM

No, then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138September 22, 2019 3:20 AM

Not an out of this world face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139September 22, 2019 3:22 AM

R139 in the book he said that he fired his manager because he wanted to act, not model, and he wasn’t getting acting roles. The first thing his new manager did was make him cut his hair off, and he did, short. After that he quickly got the CW series “The Beautiful Life”, with Mischa Barton, Sara Paxton, Corbin Bleu and Elle McPherson (whom he was star struck by). They filmed the pilot in Montreal and after that the guys from the show went to Costa Rica on a trip, where he landed a role in Joel Schumacher’s film, “Twelve”. He lived in NYC for that summer filming that movie, and that’s when he fell in love with NYC. Him and all his costars were young, free and running around NYC making money and doing what they loved.

He and another young male actor (who he doesn’t name) were staying in SoHo in an actresses apartment they were both fucking (he won’t name her name) when he got the call that “The Beautiful Life” was officially picked up by The CW and they were filming the series in NYC, not Montreal, so he was thrilled he would get to stay in NYC, took a flight to LA to gather his belongings (in his new Gucci luggage he bought himself), flew to Chicago to stop by home, then flew to his new place in NYC. He went straight from JFK to view a loft he may rent. The guy took him up to see it, he looked around and within seconds said “I want it”. The guy was like “just like that?”, he said “Just. Like. That.” He was getting paid $20k an episode and felt on top of the world.

He and Bethany were over at that point, as he admits he put his career first and was a complete asshole to her at this point and saw himself as “better”. She stayed in LA (after moving there after she graduated college) and he now moved to NYC.

He picked up his drug addiction in NYC, not LA. In LA he smoked a lot of weed and ate mushrooms but in NYC nightlife, which was completely different from LA nightlife, cocaine played a big part within Upper middle class and rich circles.

by Anonymousreply 140September 22, 2019 3:49 AM

Him cutting his hair off helped his career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141September 22, 2019 3:49 AM

“I graduated From just smoking weed and drinking alcohol to discovering cocaine. New York City has a way of luring you to it’s demons pretty wondrously, the bars are open till four, then there are after our spots, trains and cabs take you everywhere and the only way to stay up was to stay up. Everyone was doing it, and the fantasy must continue, at all costs. We knew all the promoters at all the clubs, and there we were, getting rich, getting famous, getting close, and getting fucked up.”

by Anonymousreply 142September 22, 2019 3:53 AM

Get to the gay sex, Nico.

by Anonymousreply 143September 22, 2019 3:54 AM

I guess liking older women runs in the family...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144September 22, 2019 4:25 AM

“ The Hollywood club scene in LA was way gayer than the one we had been part of in New York. That’s not to say New York is less queer than Hollywood; in so many ways it is exponentially more the land of fruits and nuts then LA is. But there are so many gay people in Hollywood, running things behind the scenes, and also running the clubs. It was pretty natural for me to downplay the fact that starlet was on my arm, and talking flirt with these guys to get us into places and to score drugs. It was so easy, and I loved it. she saw when I was doing, of course, but we never really talked about it. I guess it was easy for both of us to pretend it was just a means to an end. I mean, if the dues have been Street, she would have been the one playing the beautiful person card, right? “

by Anonymousreply 145September 22, 2019 4:26 AM

[quote]I guess it was easy for both of us to pretend it was just a means to an end. I mean, if the dues have been Street, she would have been the one playing the beautiful person card, right? “

Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.

by Anonymousreply 146September 22, 2019 4:33 AM

If the dudes had been straight*

by Anonymousreply 147September 22, 2019 4:37 AM

Discussing Scream 4

“ There was definitely another Starlet in that movie, and we may not have been in a full relationship, but we got close. We were young and partying way too hard. This was also right around the time David and Courtney were getting a divorce, and let’s just say we were all fucking loose. It was a college for the older generation; they have been down this road three times before and welcomed us into the fraternity, parties and all. Those were some of the loudest couple of months of my life. When that movie wrapped, I all of a sudden had a brand new group of friends in LA, the new house in Calabasas, and new found celebrity status. Which meant more of everything “

by Anonymousreply 148September 22, 2019 4:40 AM

Hmm. He made a point in the past of saying he only had a couple of one night stands... I guess he got loose with co-workers so it's a different story...

by Anonymousreply 149September 22, 2019 4:43 AM

Does he mention LiLo since he made it onto her fuck list?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150September 22, 2019 4:45 AM

Is that "Aaron Rodgers" below "B. Del Toro"?

by Anonymousreply 151September 22, 2019 4:47 AM

R149 He states in the pre-face that he will be 100% honest when it comes to himself, and he has been in the book. He has admitted to a lot of things but he also said that he will not be using this book to tear anyone else down. So he does not State any of the other actors names to protect their image. The only person he’s named out right was Ashton and that’s because he himself is the asshole in that situation, not Ashton.

The “Starlet” he was dating just dumped him because she saw him being cuddly and affectionate with a gay photographer. She told him if this is who he is she wants no part of it.

This is why he’s not stating names. He’s protecting his peers.

Me, I would blow the bitch up.

by Anonymousreply 152September 22, 2019 4:54 AM

Hardly. The starlet is Sara Paxton (sp?), is she not?

by Anonymousreply 153September 22, 2019 4:57 AM

[quote]Is that "Aaron Rodgers" below "B. Del Toro"?

I've always thought it was but it's Aaron Voros; hockey player.

by Anonymousreply 154September 22, 2019 4:57 AM

Red Hot Lovers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155September 22, 2019 4:58 AM

“ I spent so many years repressing my sexuality early on in my career. I feel that in order to become famous I have to play the straight male in my personal life, too. The industry was a lot different back then pre-social media, and there was even more pressure on heteronormativity then there is today. There are undoubtedly many celebrities who are still unsure how to manage being queer in an industry that doesn’t value it, never mind be bisexual. Biphobia is very real. Starlet caught a whiff of it on me and was completely turned off. For years, I internalize that bias, as if my desire for men would disqualify my desire for women. But I have Always been bisexual. It just took a long time to get over my own internalized biphobia, and to be honest, I’m still working through it.”

by Anonymousreply 156September 22, 2019 4:59 AM

^Any anal in this fucking book?

by Anonymousreply 157September 22, 2019 5:01 AM

R157 so far he hooked up with a guy in HS, he shoved a spoon up his asshole and he cheated on “Starlet” and fucked a gay photographer that he was working with after having a breakdown and confessing to him he thinks he’s gay.

He mentions sex, he doesn’t get graphic. This is not a porn. He’s not a porn star. 🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 158September 22, 2019 5:06 AM

[quote]It just took a long time to get over my own internalized biphobia, and to be honest, I’m still working through it.”

Kyle Kreiger must be so happy to read that.

by Anonymousreply 159September 22, 2019 5:07 AM

He's obviously still not over his biphobia

by Anonymousreply 160September 22, 2019 5:18 AM

“A few weeks after my family moved in, I flew to New Mexico to shoot the supernatural thriller called “Odd Thomas”. There was another boy working on the film whom I am mediately bonded with. Red was the spray died, towheaded mush of love and excitement. This was his first real job in the industry, and I took him under my wing. Red and I got super close; I felt like I could talk to him about almost everything. People on the set started joking about us always being together. Our first week on set, we both started sleeping with women who were working on the movie, as if to prove that we didn’t want to sleep with each other.

Read kind of reminded me of myself. He was goofy and ridiculously funny, and behind his masculine demeanor was the super feminine side, especially when he was drunk. And we were always drinking after work. You get really close with people working on sets, it’s like a traveling carnival, the super intense Experience where all the carnies get to know one another and really fast, maybe in part because you know it’ll be over soon. Love with an expiration date. It’s safe to say Red and I would have never hooked up if it hadn’t been for the booze. Still, it didn’t happen until the last week of the two months experience where all the carnies get to know one another really fast, maybe in part because you know it’ll be over soon. Love with an expiration date. It’s safe to say Red and I would have never hooked up if it hadn’t been for the booze. Still, it didn’t happen until the last week of the two months we spent working on the film, and we’d both taken some Molly. We were already so close to hooking up felt like a natural extension of our intimacy.

But I woke up the next morning worried and disarmed by the hangover. Red and I still had to shoot the following day. I knew he’d never been with a man before, and I was worried that maybe he’d freak out, have some kind of emotional backlash. This was a guy who made a point to tell me he most definitely wasn’t gay, after all but he surprised me. He was so comfortable during work that day, more open with me then he’d ever been before. It was almost like this week has been lifted off him. And that made me feel more comfortable, which brought us closer together.

We were in our carnival bubble, outside of real life in real time. After the film wrapped, we stayed in New Mexico for two more weeks, driving around the desert and having a lush love affair. I’d never slept in the same bed with a man for nights and nights in a row, and full disclosure, it made me think of my dad. There’s something about laying my head on a man’s hairy chest that will always put me back in my dad‘s bedroom, the one that smelled of tanning bed coconut oil and tobacco, right before the divorce. At that point, I hadn’t seen or spoken to Pops and News and I try not to think about him too often. Line beside red, I felt at peace and safety that I had and felt in a long time. We even FaceTime the women we been sleeping with while shooting, tangled up in bed together, and said, “ look what happened, y’all. “ they were both properly confused, but surprisingly supportive. It was beautiful, there was no shame or guilt. Period. Yet.

by Anonymousreply 161September 22, 2019 5:28 AM

“ Red and I went back to LA together, already in love. This was something brand new for both of us, and the excitement majorly raised the steaks. The lease for his apartment on the west side was up, so I helped him pack up his shit. The first night we were there, they took me into his bedroom, and I told him I wanted to bottom for him. I’ve never done that before, and I was scared, but I also wanted to be vulnerable with him, something in me needed this. I never had anyone inside me before, and when I let Red do this, I felt like I understood something I hadn’t known before. The kind of trust it takes, the openness it takes to bring someone else inside of you. It was a breaking open for me, a kind of sacred stillness that came in after it was over. I was aware of the vulnerability of my own body. “

by Anonymousreply 162September 22, 2019 5:30 AM

[quote]This was his first real job in the industry, and I took him under my wing.

So that means it wasn't Anton Yeltin. I'm going with Kyle T. Cowan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163September 22, 2019 5:36 AM

R163 I’m thinking it’s Kyle McKeever, who played his Cop partner in the film, and is a red head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164September 22, 2019 5:38 AM

R164, You're right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165September 22, 2019 5:44 AM

those are some ugly queens. Nico is pretty but he/she/they/it is so goddamn intolerable.

by Anonymousreply 166September 22, 2019 5:46 AM

True gay love

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167September 22, 2019 5:48 AM

Kyle McKeever looks like a Lifetime movie actor playing the part of a man who sweeps a lonely divorcee off her feet but is harboring a deadly secret.

by Anonymousreply 168September 22, 2019 5:50 AM

Nico’s parents moved to LA and were staying with him until they found a place they liked. After they arrived he had to go to New Mexico to film “Odd Thomas”, where he ended up fucking female co-stars and Kyle aka Red. After filming they stayed in NM together for an extra two weeks, when Kyle told him his lease was up and Nico told him he can live with him.

Nico brought him back home, and his parents already had moved out and bought a house near his. Only his brother Rocco still lived there, and he found out when Nico moved Kyle aka Red in that he’s in a relationship with him. Rocco was cool with it and kept it a secret from their parents for Nico.

Nico and Kyle made a guest room look like it was Kyles for when their families visit they see he has his own room but in reality they’re sharing a room.

Nico and Kyle being closeted and keeping this secret is eating away at them and they’re growing apart because of this, and it gets to a point they can only have sex when super drunk or high. While sober they can’t even have sex anymore because they feel guilt and like they’re doing something bad.

Nico’s parents are throwing parties almost everyday so him and Kyle are always there, with Kyle just being his close “best friend” he keeps with him. His mom loves Kyle and they get along.

One day at a Christmas party Nico gets super hammered and fucks one of his stepdads old co-workers from Chicago that came to visit, and makes sure everyone sees them going off to fuck so everyone knows he’s straight. This upsets Kyle, and when very drunk Nico comes back from fucking his stepdads co-worker friend, Kyle throws a huge fit in front of everyone, like a jealous angry girlfriend, and starts screaming and causes a scene. Nico is drunk out of his mind so Kyle storms out and goes home. This moment must have been a clue to his mother because she automatically hates Kyle, full on RESENTS him. His stepdad gets in his face and starts screaming at him and later they get into another huge argument, this time with his stepdad in his face and Nico thinking they may get into a fist fight. They put drunk/high Nico in a taxi and send him home.

The next day he sees his stepdad sent him an email telling him all the stuff he did (it’s a lot, breaking rails and fences and all). Nico calls his mom upset to vent and apologize and later his stepdad shows up to his place. They sit down and have a long talk for hours and they have a cry together and hug and tell each other they love one another. This is the first time Nico ever saw his very tough stepdad cry and Nico feels bad for causing all this drama and sees his stepdad is genuinely concerned with his drinking and partying, and Nico ends up upset that his mother doesn’t seem to care while his stepdad does. She doesn’t even reach out to him but his stepdad takes time to visit him, alone.

Later that day Kyle packs his shit and moves out, he can’t take Nico’s shit anymore or the secrets they’re keeping.

Nico admits his relationship with Kyle is the only one he regrets, not the relationship itself, but how he treated Kyle. He admits he treated Kyle like shit throughout their relationship and was flying out to Dallas regularly (where Bethany now lived) to sleep with her without Kyle knowing. Kyle hated when he would go to Dallas but tried to be cool and trust him, but he shouldn’t have, because Nico was cheating on him throughout the relationship.

He still feels guilty to this day.

by Anonymousreply 169September 22, 2019 6:15 AM

R169 He is a piece of work. Ashton should have sat down and cried with him over his drug use, and then he would have stopped.

by Anonymousreply 170September 22, 2019 6:40 AM

Will the poster using "Him" instead of the correct subject "He" please cut it out.

It's ignorant and bruising my eyeballs!

by Anonymousreply 171September 22, 2019 6:41 AM

It should be “they” for them.

by Anonymousreply 172September 22, 2019 12:47 PM

"That idiot" will work too.

by Anonymousreply 173September 22, 2019 12:48 PM

r169 that story is just unbelievably trashy.

by Anonymousreply 174September 22, 2019 1:11 PM

No, it's not. Not without detailed sex.

by Anonymousreply 175September 22, 2019 1:32 PM

Thank you, post-er for transcribing .

by Anonymousreply 176September 22, 2019 2:54 PM

Thank you, post-er for transcribing .

by Anonymousreply 177September 22, 2019 2:55 PM

Well if you read the book, he’s pretty trashy. A complete mess. But entertaining and aware he’s a mess.

His brother ended up outing him to his mom and she called him losing her shit on him, calling him every name, even an abomination etc. they went a few months without speaking before he called her one day and they made up. She let him know it’s his lying and not being honest with her all these years that hurts her more than anything, but she was still very passive aggressive with him. He told her he was gonna come out to the entire family and she told him just not his Grandma, and he did, to the family, minus Grandma.

He was dating this very rich brown man from another country (he won’t disclose where) that he fell off the wagon while with. He spoiled him and introduced him to the life of femininity etc. he was the female in their relationship and he loved it. The man is closeted, and where he comes from many LGBT people are prosecuted and killed etc. so he couldn’t be out.

Nico became such a drugged out drunk mess that he was putting vodka in water bottles and drinking all day. On Gabriel’s birthday they were supposed to go to Coachella but he was so drunk and passed out. Gabriel asked him if he’s drunk when he woke up, he said no, but Gabriel saw the water bottle and opened it and they got into a huge fight because of his alcoholism and lying.

Nico ended up breaking up with him via email, an email Bethany mostly typed out for him because he couldn’t do it.

Nico ended up on anti-depressants due to his suicidal thoughts and eventually cleaned up, and stopped drinking all together after reconnecting with his old friend Jamie that lived with in LA, the one he would jerk off with together and he shoved a spoon up his ass. She moved back to her hometown of NYC and had a Vegan shop in West Village, and with her he stopped drinking, got back into Yoga and eating raw again.

One day Gabriel, the billionaire from another Country, emailed him that he moved to NYC and wants to meet up. They did, and started dating again. The issue this time was, Gabriel hated Bethany and her girlfriend. He didn’t like Bethany around and wouldn’t hang if she was. Nico figures Gabriel knew she’s the one that wrote the break up email and he resented her. Nico and Bethany come as a package, and because of this, Nico ended it for good with Gabriel. He still thinks of him daily, and loves him a lot, but he can’t be with someone that treats Bethany like that.

by Anonymousreply 178September 22, 2019 2:58 PM

[quote] the one he would jerk off with together

"Masturbate". You can't jerk something off unless you can pull on it.

by Anonymousreply 179September 22, 2019 3:01 PM

The mother sounds like a real piece of work. It sort of explains how Nico became so messy and full of drama.

by Anonymousreply 180September 22, 2019 3:05 PM

[quote] He spoiled him and introduced him to the life of femininity etc. he was the female in their relationship and he loved it

I.....just......can’t.

by Anonymousreply 181September 22, 2019 3:05 PM

PS he told his gold digging mom about Gabriel, and told her he’s in a relationship with a man, a very rich one, because money was the only language she knew and he knew she would not care as much if the person was rich.

Gabriel admitted to Nico he was only attracted to white men, no one else, which caused Nico to realize how society tells us white is the most beautiful and we are programmed to view white men as the top of all men, in every angle. This is when Nico started questioning why white men are always hailed the most beautiful, or the most rich, or get the best jobs, and why are most of his co-stars over all the years white? And why are the Directors etc. mostly white? And why are the execs at studios etc. even whiter than the white actors and men? This started to bother him and one of the things that made him realize how his skin color, that he didn’t choose, and his face that he happened to attain have helped him and gotten him ahead in life when many others of different races aren’t able to get to where he’s at even when they aren’t drugged Out alcoholics.

He’s had the fortune to walk into places and get jobs on the spot. He’s never been so broke he may be homeless etc. he’s always had work come, while many people of color don’t. And he speaks about how much harder that industry is on women.

by Anonymousreply 182September 22, 2019 3:10 PM

A lot of this shit is made-up.

by Anonymousreply 183September 22, 2019 3:12 PM

It's all fiction

by Anonymousreply 184September 22, 2019 3:13 PM

It’s not fiction. This is a Hollywood guy, not some random dude working a 9 to 5.

They’re pretty fucked up people.

He hasn’t said anything that would be deemed fake.

by Anonymousreply 185September 22, 2019 3:16 PM

Is he saying that he would drag up for sex with Gabriel?

by Anonymousreply 186September 22, 2019 3:20 PM

[Quote] Nico ended up breaking up with him via email, an email Bethany mostly typed out for him because he couldn’t do it.

Bethan should have minded her own fucking business. They sound co-dependant.

by Anonymousreply 187September 22, 2019 3:21 PM

No. He would play the female role and get treated the way women do in movies. He was able to be feminine and free and Gabriel a man, dominant, him submissive.

Gabriel told him straight out if he was into drag or trans he didn’t want him. Gabriel wasn’t attracted to that. This upset Nico.

by Anonymousreply 188September 22, 2019 3:22 PM

My family is pretty chill and open minded but if any of us made a big deal of going upstairs to fuck one of our parents friends so our parents could see and know what was about to go down- that would not go well. I mean they would think we were on drugs or having a breakdown or something and talk sense into us. Nico’s parents were dysfunctional to say the least.

by Anonymousreply 189September 22, 2019 3:23 PM

he has a odd relationship with that lesbian he's married to

by Anonymousreply 190September 22, 2019 3:23 PM

R187 he asked her to do this. They’ve literally been on and off and best friends since they met freshman year of college

by Anonymousreply 191September 22, 2019 3:23 PM

“The world is obviously still pretty fucked up for queer and trans people facing adversity and danger in there every day lives, yet news outlets still aren’t reporting on it.”

This is something I like that he said, because it’s true, and I have said this on here also, and got attacked and silenced because of it, even though it’s TRUE.

by Anonymousreply 192September 22, 2019 3:25 PM

What a great writer Nico is.

by Anonymousreply 193September 22, 2019 3:25 PM

[Quote] he asked her to do this. They’ve literally been on and off and best friends since they met freshman year of college

She should have said no. A smart friend knows to stay out of their friends' romantic relationships.

by Anonymousreply 194September 22, 2019 3:28 PM

Him and LaDemi ended up becoming friends and ending up fucking, even though they said they wouldn’t.

They were photographed together many times and his mother called him going off on him and accused him of chasing “the freak show”. He denied being with her (a transgender) to not upset his mom any more but defended LaDemi and told her there’s nothing wrong with being trans etc. and hung up on her.

LaDemi and him decided to just remain friends after LaDemis dad died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195September 22, 2019 3:40 PM

They still "date."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196September 22, 2019 3:47 PM

R196 they are just friends now. They don’t fuck anymore though. Or at least that’s what he claims.

by Anonymousreply 197September 22, 2019 3:48 PM

Does he live in Dutchess County?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198September 22, 2019 3:53 PM

He just spoke about his 4 month relationship with Kyle. He was never out as a couple with him until after they already broke up.

They were making their YouTube videos together that were super gay etc and were into each other hard. He admits he falls hard a lot and fast.

They became friends with Milk from season 6 of Drag Race and were working on doing a collaboration together. He had his hot boyfriend, a new awesome friendship with a Drag Queen and a stable job with Younger. During this time he was cast as the lead in an Off-Broadway play called “Crude”, and he was playing this awful straight man, and while rehearsing for this play he noticed a red flag, that he needed to take something while rehearsing. He also began thinking, does he really want to spend the rest of his life with a man? He can’t stop thinking about Bethany and how he wants to start a family with her, and he was growing tired of the issues and obstacles being in a gay relationship bring.

One day he took Kyle for a walk over Williamsburg bridge and asked him what he was feeling about their relationship etc. because they were not good at communicating.

“We had created this little family in such a short time, but I wasn’t sure it was the family that made sense for me long-term. So I told him. “ I think I want a girlfriend.” The ultimate smack in the face for any gay men dating a bisexual. And I’m so sorry for it. Kyle, I’m so sorry I didn’t ever tell you I loved you while I was dating you, because I did. Every single step of the way. I still love you. And I wouldn’t trade our precious time together for anything. “

by Anonymousreply 199September 22, 2019 4:17 PM

Kyle is passive aggressive and bitchy. He's well rid of him, frankly.

by Anonymousreply 200September 22, 2019 4:21 PM

[Quote] he noticed a red flag, that he needed to take something while rehearsing.

What does this mean? He went back to doing drugs?

by Anonymousreply 201September 22, 2019 4:21 PM

[Quote] He can’t stop thinking about Bethany and how he wants to start a family with her, and he was growing tired of the issues and obstacles being in a gay relationship bring.

He's playing fast and loose with chronology here. He went from dating Kyle to dating that Russian actress right after (or during).

by Anonymousreply 202September 22, 2019 4:23 PM

Are there 2 Kyle’s? I’m confused.

Also as has been said many times on DL. “They” are such gender essentialists, moreso than the average straight person is today by far.

by Anonymousreply 203September 22, 2019 4:31 PM

[quote]Are there 2 Kyle’s? I’m confused.

In the book he uses "Red" for Kyle McKeever. The Kyle he mentions by name is Kyle Krieger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204September 22, 2019 4:33 PM

Does he talk about making Krieger take down a pic on Instagram that was captioned with "... and my boyfriend"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205September 22, 2019 4:40 PM

R202 he didn’t get with Bethany. He was just thinking about her. He still hasn’t gotten back with her and she’s still in a relationship with a woman.

R201 while with Kyle he didn’t drink, smoke tobacco or use drugs. He was now playing a straight asshole druggie and bought himself “loose leaf” in secret to rehearse and that was a red flag for him.

by Anonymousreply 206September 22, 2019 5:05 PM

R203 in the book he speaks of his love affair with a straight co-star. He calls him “Red”. It’s easy to figure out that is the first Kyle.

Krieger he states by name.

by Anonymousreply 207September 22, 2019 5:06 PM

Take a look at Kyle McKeever's IG. He has some comedy vids up... that basically say "not straight."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208September 22, 2019 5:09 PM

He decided to make NYC his home after Trump was elected.

“I was in LA to shoot a spread for paper Magazine. It was November 8, 2016, a day that will go down in history as one of the most miserable for the country. The news came in early in the morning. Motherfucking Donald Trump has been elected President of the United States. I shut down. I couldn’t stop crying, and my brother couldn’t understand why I was so upset; politics don’t affect him, which only makes him more privileged and annoying, and only made me more mad. I got in the car to drive downtown for the paper spread and I was shocked to see how dead the streets where. Literally no one was out in Los Angeles. But in New York, protest for raging, people were filling the streets, and the moment I saw this on the news, I knew New York City was my forever home.”

by Anonymousreply 209September 22, 2019 5:37 PM

[quote]I couldn’t stop crying, and my brother couldn’t understand why I was so upset; politics don’t affect him, which only makes him more privileged and annoying,

So says the white guy with a wife.

by Anonymousreply 210September 22, 2019 6:11 PM

A red and a condo blocked my path. It was maybe 10 feet long, as round as a basketball, easily able to crush a person of my size. I stopped dead in my tracks, full of primal fear, and realize that I was a trespasser in its home. I shine my light to the side of the path, in case the brightness was hurting his eyes. I knew I shouldn’t run, that it would only start of the creature more.

I stood face-to-face with the reptile for at least 10 minutes. I swear neither of us blinked once. Finally, I said out loud, please great one allow me to pass.

Dropping his head As if bowing, the snake slowly slither uphill away from the Maloca. And I booked it, running as fast as I could straight toward some sort of human contact.

by Anonymousreply 211September 22, 2019 10:28 PM

Red anaconda*

by Anonymousreply 212September 22, 2019 10:28 PM

Here's me thinking he'd back up on that snake.

by Anonymousreply 213September 22, 2019 10:36 PM

He calls his brother "shallow and annoying" and in the next breath he's off to his Paper Magazine photo shoot.

The jokes just write themselves....

by Anonymousreply 214September 22, 2019 10:40 PM

Nico Tortorella is a like a joke without a punchline

by Anonymousreply 215September 23, 2019 1:26 AM

As eyeroll inducing as he can be, I hope he does well in that "Walking Dead" spinoff. So many out US actors fall off once they come out.

by Anonymousreply 216September 23, 2019 1:33 AM

Is he going to come out as HIV+ like Gareth Thomas and JVN? Or is will he save that for when he needs more attention?

by Anonymousreply 217September 23, 2019 1:35 AM

He's probably on PrEp. Nvm.

by Anonymousreply 218September 23, 2019 1:36 AM

He's kind of a godsend for the old school homophobes - domineering mother, absent father etc.

by Anonymousreply 219September 23, 2019 1:38 AM

Not that I'm a fan of Nico (he's tedious and insufferable) but the mother sounds like a real piece of work. She had nothing but a contemptuous relationship with him but as soon as he started making that TV money, she apparently changed her tune right quick. She couldn't say "all is forgiven" and pack her bags in Illinois to move out to LA fast enough.

I don't like him, but I feel sorry that he has such a shit mother.

by Anonymousreply 220September 23, 2019 1:49 AM

His mother paid for his apartment while he was in college in Chicago without the stepdad knowing and then when he was in LA.

She lost it on him when she realized he’s gay and then when his brother confirmed it.

by Anonymousreply 221September 23, 2019 2:00 AM

I wonder what his mother's upbringing was like? Did her mother take in washing?

by Anonymousreply 222September 23, 2019 2:02 AM

Lol R222 My mother took in washing and ironing so I’m wondering where you’re going with that? Is that some sort of red flag for something I should know about?

by Anonymousreply 223September 23, 2019 2:05 AM

Her mother and her are very close and her mother lived with them for years, which is what caused his father to leave. His father and Grandma hated each other.

The Grandma is all about money. Nico says in the book his Grandma owned enough Gold to send all her Grandkids to great Colleges it she wanted, but she didn’t. She was all about materials and money, and her daughter the same.

This is why his mom wanted the dad to leave, he was contempt with a quiet life and working middle class, she wasn’t. She chased him out and married a man that worked in the Chicago Stock Exchange.

by Anonymousreply 224September 23, 2019 2:05 AM

[quote]She lost it on him when she realized he’s gay and then when his brother confirmed it.

Did she un-lose it on him when he ended up being straight in the end?

by Anonymousreply 225September 23, 2019 2:06 AM

[Quote] straight in the end

Too easy.

by Anonymousreply 226September 23, 2019 2:09 AM

R225 he called her after a few months of them not speaking. Their last convo was her calling him every name in the book for being gay, including an abomination.

After a few months he called her crying and she told him she’s more upset with him lying to her all these years over him being into men. He then confessed everything to her and told her he’s telling the entire family and she didn’t want him to but he was so she said just not your Grandma and he agreed about her. She’s a raging racist and homophobe.

He told his aunt when she picked him up from the airport and grew angry and she drove. When they got to the house he told her husband hes sorta gay and he didn’t care but the aunt screamed at him because he told her “bi” not “gay” and she can deal with bi but not gay. He told his cousins after and they joked around but didn’t care and told him they love him.

He didn’t tell his Grandma. Lol.

He had to tell his mom the guy he’s seeing is filthy rich and after that she didn’t care anymore. He said money is the “only language she knows”.

by Anonymousreply 227September 23, 2019 2:13 AM

What happened to grandmas gold. I assume his mom inherited a nice chunk.

What the situation in the marriage. Do they just bring in a third/another couple or is it totally open and both can go duck whoever. Is it open sexually or is it also open romantically. What labels has the wife got on herself but looking at the attention seeking shaved head I know she has more labels than a Kardashian’s closet.

by Anonymousreply 228September 23, 2019 2:14 AM

His wife is they like Nico. They don’t identify as a woman.

The Grandmother is still alive and now lives with his aunt after his mother and stepdad sold their house and moved to LA near Nico in Calabasas.

They threw parties every night like young celebs do and wanted Nico to invite his friends to party. He said his stepdad only did this to keep his mother happy, he didn’t want to move to LA and he wasn’t the party type anymore. He wanted to just relax, as he was now retired.

They now live in Florida and own a beautiful home there. His mother finally got bored of the party life in LA.

by Anonymousreply 229September 23, 2019 2:21 AM

Nico and Mother Dearest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230September 23, 2019 3:00 AM

His mom and grandma are all about money. Complete gold diggers. She treated his dad like shit because he doesn’t like material shit.

Years later Nico finally visited his dad and noticed how much Nico himself acts like his father in the way he uses his hands or the way he sits or facial expressions etc. he never noticed and seemed amazed by how much of himself he saw in his dad.

by Anonymousreply 231September 23, 2019 3:08 AM

His mother appears circa 12 minutes into this video. For all the apparent money hungry nature, she supported him with his early stage acting. I doubt she saw money in that. She would have moved to LA (or NY) earlie rif that were the case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232September 23, 2019 3:14 AM

r232 in his book he says that he had to tell his mother he was moving to LA for business school so she would support him. She was against him moving to LA so he transferred to a business school and he got an apartment for her to pay. Once he got out there he found out that the apartment was no longer available to him because the mom got into a huge argument with the landlord over the rent she would be paying.

He had to find a new place and ended up moving in with Jamie, a friend 12 years his senior that he explored with and masterbated with etc.

He then, without his mom knowing, dropped out of school after he walked into Ford Modeling Agency and got signed on the spot. He walked in casually like it was any job and they signed him right there, giving him a 4 year contract in the end and he was working right away after, with his first photoshoot being a Charles Manson themed one. He made a big paycheck and knew school wasnt gonna happen again, and it didnt.

by Anonymousreply 233September 23, 2019 3:22 AM

He wanted to act, and couldnt book work, so he fired his manager and told his new manager he wanted to act, not just model, so they told him to cut his hair off, so he did, and shortly after he landed that CW show and a Joel Schumacher movie.

by Anonymousreply 234September 23, 2019 3:24 AM

In his book he states that after shooting "Twelve" (a Joel Schumacher film) in NYC, that him and another actor from the movie were living in a Starlets SoHo apartment together with her and they were having a polygamous relationship.

I just looked at the list of actors from the movie and its

Chace Crawford

Rory Culkin

Billy Magnussen

I doubt 50 Cent lmao

by Anonymousreply 235September 23, 2019 3:37 AM

Does them's circumcision get any reference in the book, like them's poetry?

by Anonymousreply 236September 23, 2019 6:26 AM

Nico and Chace would be hot.

by Anonymousreply 237September 23, 2019 6:31 AM

Where is the gay sex?

by Anonymousreply 238October 2, 2019 1:01 AM

Which personality wrote the book? Did one of his alters proofread?

by Anonymousreply 239October 2, 2019 1:40 AM

Yup it’s 100% Mceever he’s cute too!

by Anonymousreply 240October 5, 2019 12:49 PM

It’s 100 mceever

by Anonymousreply 241October 5, 2019 12:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!