Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Democratic Field Being Culled--FINALLY!

As of today, we are done to 21 candidates in the Democratic primary. The following have droped out:

Eric Swalwell Mike Gravel (fun fact, his real name is Maurice) John Hickenlooper Jay Inslee Seth Moulton

Let's use this thread for updates on the latest drop outs and who we think is next. The fact that all debates going forward are going to have stringent thresholds will mean more will drop out as we go into the fall.

by Anonymousreply 241January 5, 2020 7:28 PM

**We are DOWN to 21 candidates**

OH DEAR!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1August 23, 2019 8:11 PM

Just settle on Mayor Pete for G.j God's sake!

by Anonymousreply 2August 23, 2019 8:11 PM

Well, first Pete will need to show some sustained growth like Warren. He has flopped back down since the Southbend shooting. The man’s campaign just had an event in South Chicago, at the freaking Harold Washington Center (named after the city’s first black mayor), and the crowd was as white as a Minnisota winter. Pete is also another bought and paid for candidate that raised vast sums of money at well healed donor parties. So he may sound nice and all he will he really take on big business to spearhead the common sense polices needed to help the middle class? I’m just not convinced at this time. He has no record to use as a gauge so I have to go by feelings.

by Anonymousreply 3August 23, 2019 8:24 PM

R3 is a Warren shill. Pete has a highly diverse donor base. I wonder if R3 is even gay as they did not mention that Harold Washington was gay as any true gay would.

by Anonymousreply 4August 23, 2019 8:29 PM

R4 I am gay and helped make his donor list look even more divers as a gay black man. Please stop with the Warren shrill part. She is now my number one choice, but she is also the ONLY candidate to have sustained growth since the start of this Primary. ThoUgh we are very early in the process and votes haven’t been casted. Pete, Harris, Beto all had a rise and fall.

I am really grappling with the idea of supporting another centrist or going for aggressive change in someone like Warren. I won’t event go over to Bernie.

No need to attack someone when I’m staring the obvious, Pete needs to fix his issues within the black community. His campaign even created a black community outreach position because this is a real issue for them. I follow Pete and send him and Warren financial support. Please stop with the attacks.

by Anonymousreply 5August 23, 2019 8:49 PM

I am going to miss Jay Inslee and his commitment to climate change. Thank you for drawing focused attention to our second greatest threat, the first as you said being donald. Inslee can have his pick of cabinet posts under the new President.

Plus, Gov. Inslee is a hunk! One of the talking heads said he could be cast as older Superman!

by Anonymousreply 6August 23, 2019 9:28 PM

Doubtful Kirsten Gillibrand will make the next debate.

by Anonymousreply 7August 23, 2019 9:33 PM

Tulsi and Gillebrand need to go next. it will boil down to include Biden, Sanders (ugh!) Warren, Harris, Mayor Pete, Castro, Booker. I'm sorry Inslee had to drop out. But I will look forward to saying good bye to Yang, Delaney, Bullock, Ryan, and possibly Burnet. Klobuchar is on thin ice but she might hang on for a few more months. Mary Ann Williamson & Beto need to go too. So, IMO 7- 8 is the magic number. But then we have to see what the deadlines a re for people to file for other offices.

by Anonymousreply 8August 23, 2019 10:30 PM

[quote] Pete has a highly diverse donor base.

That might be, but the latest analysis of donor bases on 538 doesn't even mention the precious Mayor Pete.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 23, 2019 10:43 PM

"...[W]ell healed donor base," R3? Gee -- what was wrong with them?

by Anonymousreply 10August 24, 2019 12:52 AM

Just remember. The Russians and the Republicans have the same tactics and it is not beyond the scope of their imaginations to inflate candidates and bundle donations to make some candidates look better than they really are. Not talking about Pete, but it's certainly true with Bernie and Tulsi.

by Anonymousreply 11August 24, 2019 1:43 AM

R11: It's not true with either. Cut the crap already. Gabbard sucks all on her own and Sanders has a committed base of support. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 12August 24, 2019 3:10 AM

R12, Hunny, no need to be rude. You're right. But so am I. Both things can be true.And it has been proven that the bots are very active

by Anonymousreply 13August 24, 2019 3:13 AM

Looks like the Democrats are getting rid of all the white guys.

by Anonymousreply 14August 24, 2019 3:14 AM

Too bad - I liked Swalwell and Inslee

by Anonymousreply 15August 24, 2019 3:22 AM

Moulton's out? Damn! The only candidate who didn't support bigots/bigotry.

by Anonymousreply 16August 24, 2019 3:25 AM

Tulsi made herself look good at the last debate when she singlehandedly ended Kamala Harris, R11.

by Anonymousreply 17August 24, 2019 2:11 PM

R15: Inslee was important because of the climate change issue. I hope the other top candidates do meet with him to incorporate his ideas into their campaigns. It's a shame he's out before Tulsi Gabba Gabba though...

by Anonymousreply 18August 24, 2019 2:13 PM

OK. Wednesday is D day! That's the deadline. Not only do they have to meet the donor level, they have to have at least 2% or more in four DNC accepted polls. So De Blasio, Gillebrand, Beto, Delaney, Bullock, Ryan, and probably Bennet will be gone. Tulsi too, I hope. Probably Klobuchar too.

by Anonymousreply 19August 25, 2019 1:39 PM

[quote]Looks like the Democrats are getting rid of all the white guys.

Identity politics is why Democrats will lose.

by Anonymousreply 20August 25, 2019 1:45 PM

Biden, Pete, Beto and Sanders are white. I liked Inslee and Bullock. There are still too many candidates

by Anonymousreply 21August 25, 2019 2:00 PM

R3, That’s because the media used the south bend shooting to unfairly race bait. Eric Logan went after the cop with a knife, the cop had the right to shoot him. If it had happened on the watch if one of their preferred candidates it wouldn’t have been an issue at all.

They’ve already established that bringing up Kamala racial issues is frowned upon. Tulsi got burned bad. Pete is apparently up for attacks.

by Anonymousreply 22August 25, 2019 2:00 PM

R22: Keep spinning your tin foil hat there, babe.

by Anonymousreply 23August 25, 2019 2:13 PM

[quote]Eric Swalwell Mike Gravel (fun fact, his real name is Maurice) John Hickenlooper Jay Inslee Seth Moulton

Holy fuck, use a fucking comma, jackass

by Anonymousreply 24August 25, 2019 2:18 PM

[quote]Identity politics is why Democrats will lose.

For over two years, BernieBros have been saying this, but the second you use the term "BernieBro," they start screaming about identity politics left, right and sideways. "How DARE you call us all white men?!?!? How DARE you misgender me!!!!" &c. &c.

It's just something you guys say because you didn't like hearing that maybe an old straight white guy for president again isn't the best idea in the world.

by Anonymousreply 25August 25, 2019 2:20 PM

Tulsi going after Kamala didn't help her as she has not qualified for the next debate, but Kamala has. So far these are the ones that have qualified for the next debate.

Biden

Booker

Buttigieg

Castro

Harris

Klobuchar

O'Rourke

Sanders

Warren

Yang

by Anonymousreply 26August 25, 2019 2:24 PM

I really like Klobuchar, but she's just not catching on. It's a shame, because when I listen to what she has to say, she's focused, articulate, intelligent and steady. She knows her stuff and has practical ideas. She's just not flashy enough, I guess. I'm not looking for flashy. I'm looking for someone like her.

by Anonymousreply 27August 25, 2019 2:26 PM

R26: 10. That's good for now. Everyone else out of the pool!

R25: It's usually the right wingers who scream that because they're racists who want to deflect from their own white identify politics.

R27: She's a horrible person. She's mean, abusive, callous. I wouldn't want that anywhere near the White House.

by Anonymousreply 28August 25, 2019 2:27 PM

Kamala is being pushed hard. She’s getting the Clinton protection already. Tulsi Gabard makes one point about Harris and all the hosts on CNN and NBC can’t get their pitchforks out.. They couldn’t smear her with “Russia” and” Assad” fast enough.

Of course meetings win Assad isn’t bad if Nancy pelosi does it.

by Anonymousreply 29August 25, 2019 2:28 PM

R26, The dnc blocked her from appearing. She did enough damage to their golden girl last time.

by Anonymousreply 30August 25, 2019 2:29 PM

R29: Hi, Mr. Gabbard. Any new videos of Tulsi surfing lately? How's your Hare Krishna cult that even Hindus want nothing to do with?

by Anonymousreply 31August 25, 2019 2:30 PM

No r22, the shooting put Pete's slim record under the spotlight, highlighting the simmering issues within his community. Notice, he works extra hard to avoid ever criticizing the police force or giving a rational explanation for the lack of diversity on the force. The situation showed that Pete knows how to say the right things, but he is unable to emotionally connect with non-white) people in a retail politics type of way. He needs to work on that skill.

His boy scout facade is easily removed when challenged, see Swalwell death stare and his disconnected look while addressing the angry crowed in South Bend. He reminds me of a Will Conway from House of Cards. Still he would be just fine as President. If nominated these minor issues would be washed over as we focus on Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 25, 2019 2:31 PM

R30: You're behaving very badly, Mr. Gabbard. You should calm yourself with some tea. Otherwise, discipline may be required here......

by Anonymousreply 33August 25, 2019 2:31 PM

R29, if she had just attacked Pete instead of Kamala all would have been fine.

by Anonymousreply 34August 25, 2019 2:33 PM

r30 was it the DNC that blocked her or voters turned off by her religious background, homophobia, and inability to explain her meeting with Assad? I'm no Kamala fan, but the rules are the same across the board. Dems don't want Tulsi.

by Anonymousreply 35August 25, 2019 2:33 PM

R35, she’s explained her meeting with Assad many times. It’s kamala that cant explain why she spent years oppposing body cams on officers, why she fought to keep an innocent man on death row, fought to keep the cash bail system in place, and fought to use prisoners for slave labor.

Even worse the media didn’t actually ask kamala to explain these things. They just asked her to attack tulsi. Lol

by Anonymousreply 36August 25, 2019 2:36 PM

[quote]Identity politics is why Democrats will lose.

Uh-huh. That's what you said in 2018. How did that work out for you?

by Anonymousreply 37August 25, 2019 2:36 PM

Sanders--Gabbard 2020

by Anonymousreply 38August 25, 2019 2:38 PM

Nancy meets with Assad=good

Tulsi meets Winn assad =bad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 25, 2019 2:39 PM

And yet Bill DeBlasio soldiers on despite having zero chance of winning and zero chance of any Democrat giving him a job in their administration.

I still want to know who is funding his campaign and what's in it for them (tax break? money laundering? delusion?)

by Anonymousreply 40August 25, 2019 2:41 PM

I didn’t even know Mike Gravel was in the race, and now he’s out! It’s kind of like reading news some Disney or Nickelodeon star you’ve never heard of has died. “That’s sad, who again?”

by Anonymousreply 41August 25, 2019 2:45 PM

Tulsi isn’t billionaire approved like Kamala is. Tulsi will but an end to their warmongering, can’t have that

by Anonymousreply 42August 25, 2019 2:48 PM

Earrings

Caftans

Gin

Regrets

by Anonymousreply 43August 25, 2019 3:02 PM

Is it just me or would Eric Swalwell look better with glasses? He just always seems like he’s squinting to me.

by Anonymousreply 44August 25, 2019 3:03 PM

[quote]was it the DNC that blocked her

Of course it wasn't. The rules were set months ago and haven't changed. If Gabbard can't meet the requirements, that's on her, not on the DNC. Most people think that the rules were set too loose rather than the other way around, allowing marginal candidates to hang around longer than perhaps they should.

by Anonymousreply 45August 25, 2019 3:08 PM

ok r36, but that has nothing to do with the DNC. Voters don't support her, period. Kamala has some traits that voters like, check the polls. The media always has a favorite of the month, have some of you never been through an election cycle? Neither Kamala or Tulsi are leading the pack, so it's almost a moot point at this time.

by Anonymousreply 46August 25, 2019 3:13 PM

R46, the DNC adores Kamala so does Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 47August 25, 2019 3:19 PM

Who is the hunk at R32

by Anonymousreply 48August 25, 2019 5:26 PM

[quote] at well healed donor parties.

Oh, [italic]dear.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 49August 25, 2019 5:36 PM

[quote] Who is the hunk at [R32]

Vince Edwards, Rose. That's why r32 refers in the post to Will Conway from "House of Cards"--to throw you off the scent.

by Anonymousreply 50August 25, 2019 5:39 PM

[quote]Uh-huh. That's what you said in 2018. How did that work out for you?

The far Left lost, idiot. This is the presidency, not national elections. The progressive base overwhelmingly lost in 2018. They will sink the presidential election for Democrats again in 2020. Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 51August 25, 2019 5:40 PM

BernieBros ALWAYS blame the DNC, r45. They blamed the DNC because the states with closed primaries, all of which were set LONG BEFORE the elections, wouldn't open them up so Republicans could ratfuck the primaries by voting for Sanders.

by Anonymousreply 52August 25, 2019 6:18 PM

R52: Your theory doesn't hold, as open and semi-open primary states saw no ratfucking either. It's impossible to ratfuck when your own party has a competitive primary, which the Nazis had in 2016. That had more to do with first time voters not understanding the rules, which is understandable since we have 50 different sets of rules and the media and education system do jack shit to explain any of them.

by Anonymousreply 53August 25, 2019 6:33 PM

Man, I was going to donate to Inslee. Oh well, I guess it's delusional to think my donation would have pushed him up.

by Anonymousreply 54August 25, 2019 7:22 PM

I can’t wait till Pete becomes president!

by Anonymousreply 55August 25, 2019 7:30 PM

[quote]R46, the DNC adores Kamala so does Hillary.

So what? That means absolutely nothing. The rules were agreed on by all parties, have been set for months, and the DNC isn't changing them. If a few staffers at the DNC "adore" Harris, which you will not and cannot prove, it matters not at all.

by Anonymousreply 56August 26, 2019 2:04 AM

[quote]The far Left lost, idiot.

The Democratic Party won, idiot. Just as the Democratic Party looks as though it will retain the House and has a real shot at the Senate. And that was despite the hand-wringing and concern-trolling from idiots like you throughout the entire cycle.

As for the Presidency, all of the major Democratic candidates are polling very well against Trump, despite the supposed "identity politics." Most of them are beating him.

[quote]They will sink the presidential election for Democrats again in 2020. Mark my words.

Why on earth should we when you have absolutely nothing to back them up? Democrats in 2020 will be running on health care, on the economy, on the minimum wage, on economic fairness, and yes, on Trump. Will there be "identity politics?" Sure. Why not? Will it dominate the discussion? Not a chance, just as it didn't in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 57August 26, 2019 2:08 AM

The media wants a contest, a "business as usual" bullshit hyped up thing, so they keep talking about who is exciting and who isn't, and they talk about healthcare and stir up controversies, magnifying any disagreements. But the truth is , and this has been tested and proven, Trump is the issue that will excite the voters. Getting rid of him. The media is either ignoring or deliberately misrepresenting how truly angry people are. We are going to turn out in overwhelming numbers to get rid of Trump. Period. And if my dog skippy runs as the Democratic nominee he will get my vote.

by Anonymousreply 58August 26, 2019 2:39 AM

I have to say I find the name "Mike Gravel" very alluring.

by Anonymousreply 59August 26, 2019 3:15 AM

As, Rachel Maddie says, “Poof!”

by Anonymousreply 60August 26, 2019 3:23 AM

Bernie cheated in some of the Caucus states out west. Fact. He bused college students in to vote.

by Anonymousreply 61August 26, 2019 12:24 PM

Cull me maybe.....

by Anonymousreply 62August 26, 2019 7:00 PM

It's looking like 10 it will be in September. And Tom Steyer won't be one of them, Thanks God!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63August 26, 2019 9:21 PM

Tulsi fighting back against the corrupt DNC <3

This video is ~2 mins of complete righteousness. From media darling and next best thing to hateful Russian agent. I'm glad to see her fighting back!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 26, 2019 9:29 PM

I wish Steyer had made the debate so we could see how he handled it. We already saw most of the others.

by Anonymousreply 65August 26, 2019 9:45 PM

Hopefully this will be the end of the over saturation of the beyond lame Marianne Williamson requests for money on YouTube. At least her original ads had enjoyable music.

Agree with the importance of name recognition to garner votes. Several of the bottom tier white males and those who've dropped out didn't really register or weren't able to distinguish themselves from the pack.

Still believe Mayor Pete has a strong chance over the long run.

by Anonymousreply 66August 26, 2019 10:39 PM

R65: Why? Another out of touch billionaire who thinks billboards will make a difference in 2019? Please. He should be buying radio and TV stations to counter the right wing media bias infecting this country. But no, billboards. Maybe he'll start showing talkies to promote his rightfully dying campaign next. The guy has nothing to say or offer.

by Anonymousreply 67August 26, 2019 11:47 PM

If I was Lorne Michaels I would 100% donate enough to Williamson's campaign to get her in the next debate.

Those skits just write themselves.

by Anonymousreply 68August 26, 2019 11:49 PM

R67 Steyer does run ads on TV and radio and he has been for the last year or so. He has been an avid proponent of impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 69August 27, 2019 12:38 AM

R69, Steyer's YouTube ads aren't as obnoxious as Marianne Williamson's but he still runs them daily.

by Anonymousreply 70August 27, 2019 12:51 AM

Just one debate please. This is bullshit. They need to cull!

by Anonymousreply 71August 27, 2019 3:40 PM

And then there were 20. Gillibrand is out.

by Anonymousreply 72August 28, 2019 11:48 PM

Next, we need to get rid of Castro, Yang, Amy, Beto, Booker and the other losers. Biden, Warren, Sanders, Harris and Pete are enough personalities for one Primary.

by Anonymousreply 73August 30, 2019 11:41 PM

Yang has already pulled ahead in the latest poll and he's a much more qualified candidate than those others you mentioned (Castro, Booker, et al.) But the media does not like him.

by Anonymousreply 74August 31, 2019 12:20 AM

R74: Qualified my ass. You can't solve the world's problems by giving everyone UBI. That's all he's got. One trick pony.

by Anonymousreply 75August 31, 2019 12:39 AM

UBI scares me because I think it would finally cause inflation. But Yang does seem like a one-trick pony. He should run for Mayor or maybe Governor in 7 years.

by Anonymousreply 76August 31, 2019 12:44 AM

That's a dream come true...five real candidates. I would pick Warren, Sanders, Klobuchar, Pete and Biden. Booker and Beto need to go NOW.

by Anonymousreply 77August 31, 2019 1:05 AM

Biden needs to go. His gaffes are going to screw primary season and the Democrats message won’t get out.

by Anonymousreply 78August 31, 2019 1:30 AM

totally agree with WeatherFairy at r67. Our Billionaires are so much stupider than theirs when it comes to media and infrastructure. There is a reason that Rush and Hannity and others have such outsized influence. People invested in them when it mattered and now have a serious voice. Our side just thinks jumping into a race stupidly is the answer.

by Anonymousreply 79August 31, 2019 1:49 AM

"Democrat" Howard Schultz officially ends his stupid campaign as of today. FINALLY!! Saw it on the Guardian but I just wanted to link Slate as they have the best headline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80September 6, 2019 2:51 PM

I think Castro and Klobuchar bring something to the debate. So do booker and Bennet, I would love for Bernie to evaporate into thin air. My stage would have Harris Warren, Klobuchar, Castro Booker, Pete,. WTF. 8-10. that's it.

by Anonymousreply 81September 7, 2019 12:37 AM

hhhh

by Anonymousreply 82September 7, 2019 12:38 AM

We'll see on Biden. He's not as flawed as his detractors express. His age is a factor, but that's well known, and it just has to play out during the primaries.

I like Bennet and Bullock. They aren't well known, but they are articulate and moderate messangers. Amy is better than given credit

My choice is Pete Buttigieg.

Bernie won't win, but will stay in to the bitter end. He'll be divisive again, and only show tacit support for the eventual Democratic nominee. Bernie, Jane, and Weaver, won't be handling any donations I make.

by Anonymousreply 83September 7, 2019 4:57 PM

^messengers

by Anonymousreply 84September 7, 2019 5:01 PM

Latest polling shows BErnie and Elizabeth virtually tied for 2nd place. One has 17% the other 18%. So if Bernie dropped out, Elizabeth would be ahead of Joe by a significant margin. I can't stand to watch Bernie.The sound of his voice makes me want to hit someone.

by Anonymousreply 85September 8, 2019 11:15 AM

I cannot believe we haven't had more drop outs. What the fuck are Delaney, Bennett and Sestak still doing in this race??

by Anonymousreply 86September 16, 2019 2:01 PM

And Tulsi Gabbard

by Anonymousreply 87September 16, 2019 3:56 PM

R87: We know why she's in still, to spread the message of her stupid cult.

by Anonymousreply 88September 16, 2019 5:36 PM

OK, now we're below 20 candidates. About 15 more to go....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89September 20, 2019 1:17 PM

Should we start de facto calling some of these candidates drop outs? Why are people like him and Sestak and Delaney in this race? He raised $5 in the third quarter. 5!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90October 21, 2019 3:45 PM

[quote]Julian Castro says he'll drop out of the race if he can't raise $800,000 in the next 10 days. At the end of Q3, Castro had about $670k cash on hand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91October 21, 2019 5:23 PM

I’m ecstatic Pete is moving up in the polls.

by Anonymousreply 92October 21, 2019 5:33 PM

r91 Fucking good! He's now sending out fundraising emails, trying to squeeze out every dollar by trash talking Pete. He's basically campaigning to be Warren's VP at this point.

by Anonymousreply 93October 21, 2019 5:37 PM

Julian, Beto, Harris, The Russian Asset all need to go away... Bernie should retire.

by Anonymousreply 94October 21, 2019 9:53 PM

Castro, Beto, and Tulsi probably won't make the November debate, which means they're effectively finished. Amy needs two more polls.

by Anonymousreply 95October 21, 2019 10:06 PM

Can I finally update my thread with an actual dropout? Please?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96October 21, 2019 10:10 PM

[quote]I didn’t start my campaign with big donor lists or huge infusions of cash.

Yeah, neither did Pete, but his message seemed to have resonated with people, who then decided to support him with their money. It's hard, but at a certain point you've just got to admit that you and/or your message might not be what the voters want or need, at least in this election cycle. That, or someone else is doing it better than you.

by Anonymousreply 97October 21, 2019 10:19 PM

Castro, Klobachar, Booker and Tutsi need to drop out right now.

by Anonymousreply 98October 21, 2019 10:43 PM

Amy just got her third qualifying poll for the November debate and Beto his second.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99October 23, 2019 11:59 AM

Amy just qualified. That means at least nine candidates on stage in November 20th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100October 24, 2019 11:10 AM

*on November

by Anonymousreply 101October 24, 2019 11:11 AM

So We have Harris, Klobuchar, Pete, Biden, Bernie, and Elizabeth, Booker Beto, and Castro ? Too many.Booker Beto andCastro need to drop out.Steyer needs to drop out. Tusi, won't drop out but she shouldn't be on that stage. Yang needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 102October 24, 2019 11:22 AM

r102 Not Beto, Steyer. Beto needs two more polls.

by Anonymousreply 103October 24, 2019 11:26 AM

Oh, and not Castro either, but Yang. Castro is nowhere near qualifying.

by Anonymousreply 104October 24, 2019 11:27 AM

Joe Sestak is in to win it....somehow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105October 24, 2019 1:31 PM

r105 He makes me sad. Just go and enjoy your retirement, man. 😕

by Anonymousreply 106October 24, 2019 1:36 PM

DL should just declare all those who don't make the debate stage going forward as auto-culled. These hangers on seem to be hell bent on staying in and losing badly.

by Anonymousreply 107October 24, 2019 1:46 PM

Candidates taken down by the others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108October 24, 2019 2:14 PM

Joe Sestak is a good man. I voted for him here in PA. But, yes, he needs to drop out.

by Anonymousreply 109October 24, 2019 4:24 PM

Tim Ryan drops out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110October 24, 2019 4:49 PM

Tim who?

by Anonymousreply 111October 24, 2019 4:50 PM

He's the one who got bodied by Tulsi at the first debate.

by Anonymousreply 112October 24, 2019 4:51 PM

R111: Tam.

by Anonymousreply 113October 24, 2019 9:47 PM

18 left, about 14 to go

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114October 25, 2019 2:36 PM

[quote]DNC announces the sixth Democratic debate on December 19 hosted by PBS NewsHour and Politico in Los Angeles.

[quote]Candidates will need 1a) 4% in four national or early state polls OR 1b) 6% in two early state polls AND 2) 200,000 unique donors, including 800 in 20 states.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115October 25, 2019 2:54 PM

^^ Qualification window Oct 16 to Dec 12. Currently Biden, Sanders, and Warren are qualified. Buttigieg and Harris have three polls, with one being an early state >6%. Steyer has one, but hasn't hit the donor threshold.

Yang and O'Rourke have hit the donor threshold, but have no polls.

by Anonymousreply 116October 25, 2019 2:56 PM

[bold]Qualifying For The December Debate Will Be Difficult For Many Democrats[/bold]

[quote]Although many candidates will reach the donor threshold for the sixth debate — eight already have and more likely will — it looks like the stricter polling requirement will make it tougher sledding for many of them. So don’t be shocked if fewer than 10 candidates make the December stage.

I think we might be looking at five candidates on that December stage. Maybe six. FINALLY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117October 29, 2019 2:39 AM

There’s no explanation for these unelectable people with no following, insisting on being in the debates but narcissism.

Let somebody gain strength so they can beat Trump, assholes. And don’t bash people who could be the nominee or VP nominee, or at least are likely to have to go through the confirmation process to be in the cabinet later. Stop giving Republicans ammunition. Anybody who does that is too selfish to be President.

by Anonymousreply 118October 29, 2019 2:48 AM

People need to see some conflict to a) weigh their options and b) see who is strong enough to withstand Trump during the general. Besides, the more shit that comes out now, the better the nominee will be prepared for the GOP oppo coming their way.

by Anonymousreply 119October 29, 2019 2:56 AM

By all means compare and contrast, but some of the remarks have just been trashy and unnecessary. If you don’t watch it, Trump will be using video in his political commercials. People should be smarter than handing the opposition ammunition.

by Anonymousreply 120October 29, 2019 3:12 AM

Well, yes, but those who went super nasty and personal aren't faring that well in the polls, so the voters have already punished that behaviour in a way.

by Anonymousreply 121October 29, 2019 3:21 AM

I think that’s right, R121. It’s fascinating how people still expect Democrats to meet a certain standard for decency, but Trump can do anything and get away with it.

If he ate a baby on live TV, Deplorables would just say, “Baby Au Gratin is a delicacy rich people often have. He’s just having it because he’s so rich and successful.”

by Anonymousreply 122October 29, 2019 11:27 AM

[bold]A stunning stat on 2020 spending[/bold]

[quote]So far this year, 2020 presidential candidates have spent almost $41 million on TV ads promoting their campaigns. Which is interesting!

[quote]But not nearly as interesting as this: Candidates not named "Tom Steyer" have spent just $6 million on TV ads, according to CNN's David Wright. Meaning that Steyer, the billionaire Democrat, has dropped more than $35 million on ads in support of a candidacy that appears to be almost entirely lifeless.

Lovett made a calculation on his show that revealed Steyer spent around $100k for every second of his speaking time at the last debate. Imagine having that much money to throw away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123October 29, 2019 3:51 PM

New CNN/UNH poll numbers from New Hampshire.

With this, Pete qualifies for December debate. Kamala needs one more. Tulsi, Amy, Yang, and Steyer all have one poll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124October 29, 2019 4:12 PM

Poll in your hole

by Anonymousreply 125October 29, 2019 4:22 PM

USA TODAY/Suffolk National Poll

Tulsi now has 3/4 qualifying polls for the November debate and 2/4 for the December one.

If only Hillary had kept her mouth shut for one more fuckng month... 😩

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126October 30, 2019 11:04 PM

New York Times/Siena College Iowa poll (rated A currently but will be upgraded to A+, according to Nate Silver).

Second qualifying poll for Amy for December debate. Third qualifying poll in a row in which Harris failed to get 4%.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127November 1, 2019 10:54 AM

When will that little queen booker drop out?

by Anonymousreply 128November 1, 2019 10:59 AM

r128 If he fails to make it to the December debate after his performance at the November one, I'm sure he'll drop out. Donors won't stand for any of that low-polling shit anymore, and you can hardly do anything without money.

by Anonymousreply 129November 1, 2019 11:02 AM

Harry Enten, CNN's adorkable numbers geek, just put up a slide comparing historical leaders in Iowa at this point... generally they were in the 40 - 50% range and, more interestingly, very few of them actually took the nomination in the end.

This race is wild and unpredictable. Nothing is gelling yet.

by Anonymousreply 130November 1, 2019 12:02 PM

It'll be sad when the stress and distance take the inevitable toll, surmounting even the deep and abiding love of Rosario and Corey. I predict the will part as friends with nothing but best wishes for the other.

by Anonymousreply 131November 1, 2019 12:04 PM

Buttigieg leads Biden in that Iowa poll at R127?

by Anonymousreply 132November 1, 2019 12:04 PM

He does, R132, by one point. What's interesting is that it basically divides in two now, right down the middle... between the progressives and the centrists.

by Anonymousreply 133November 1, 2019 12:05 PM

TO be honest, the December debate is bullshit. Most people will have tuned out by then. What counts is the primaries and the work on the ground in the early states. For example, Amy seems to be doing well on the ground in Iowa. And she's been going on TV shows like Trevor Noah, and Colbert, etc. so her profile is getting a boost even if the polls don't reflect it. I'm not supporting her just using her as an example. I'm not not supporting her either. What I'm concerned about is the"wealth gap." The DNC touts this as the most diverse group of candidates, but there is a real wealth gap in terms of Booker, Castro, Harris, being able to raise money. It's really hurting them. The other thing to watch is coverage. Women aren't getting the same "free" media attention that men get. It's true.

by Anonymousreply 134November 1, 2019 12:23 PM

Warren got months of glowing media attention at the beginning of the summer (still does in some ways), so the sexism accusation doesn't hold water. The main problem is that some campaigns are run in a shit way.

The money issue is where it is. Pete was a no-name back in March but has managed to translate enthusiasm into an impressive first and second quarter, which convinced donors he's viable. Debates are useful too - Amy got a huge boost after the latest debate when it comes to money and the qualifying polls for the next debate.

Also, there's a point where donors jump ship because we obviously can't go into Iowa with 15 candidates. The winnowing of the field is a natural part of the primary and shouldn't be perceived as evil.

by Anonymousreply 135November 1, 2019 12:38 PM

DL won't like it and I don't say it predicts victory for him, but I agree donors will start limiting the horses they back soon, which I think will send some money Biden's way. He's still regarded as the safest pair of hands and I think, once the beauty pageant ends, that is probably going to count for a lot.

by Anonymousreply 136November 1, 2019 1:18 PM

r136 You're incorrect there. In fact, Biden has such difficulty retaining donors, super PACs now had to form to help him out with ad buys. A friggin' firefighters' union had to jump in to lend him a hand.

That'll ease his money troubles some. As for the safest choice... look at the latest Iowa poll at r127 - Iowans seem to be changing their minds on that front. We'll see on caucus day; anything could happen still.

by Anonymousreply 137November 1, 2019 3:14 PM

[bold]Castro reaches $800,000 fundraising goal and is staying in the race[/bold]

[quote]Democratic presidential candidate Julian Castro raised $800,000 in the last 10 days of October, a fundraising figure that he said was necessary in order to continue his campaign.

[quote]The Castro campaign received more than $1 million in October from "nearly 50,000 donors," according to a campaign statement, and on Thursday the campaign enjoyed its best fundraising day since August.

Money pissed away, if you ask me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138November 1, 2019 4:42 PM

R137, I don't see how you an determine I'm incorrect about something that hasn't happened yet. I was plainly putting forward a theory.

Anyway, my new theory is you're a blinded Warren follower so let me just put this to you: she killed her campaign today. Wherever Iowa's polls go next, Warren won't be at the top of them.

Today was probably the best thing that could have happened to Bernie Sanders.

by Anonymousreply 139November 1, 2019 7:04 PM

People donating to Castro, Beto, Harris, etc. are wasting their money now. It's not going to happen. If any of them were smart they'd be trying to broker a deal for something in exchange for an endorsement.

by Anonymousreply 140November 1, 2019 7:10 PM

[quote]I don't see how you an determine I'm incorrect about something that hasn't happened yet.

You said donors would flock to Biden. That's the incorrect part I was referring to. And yes, you'll be incorrect in that regard going forward as well. No idea what his polling will look like in the future, I'm just commenting on the money aspect because his donors have been getting antsy in the past couple of months and it'll only get worse. He had the saviour narrative going on for him, but only as long as he was the frontrunner. Without that, he's pretty much toast financially.

And no, I'm not a Warren follower and Biden is my 2nd choice.

by Anonymousreply 141November 1, 2019 8:05 PM

r140 Harris has two more debates to turn it around, but you might be right about Castro and Beto - if they don't pull an Obama out of their ass during their respective speeches today and get those qualifying polls for the November debate in the next twelve days, they're pretty much finished.

by Anonymousreply 142November 1, 2019 8:08 PM

I said I think, not they will. Please read carefully. I do think that. You do not have the ability to predict the future, Dr. Mesmo, ergo I cannot at this point be incorrect. You are fortune telling. It looks like the bottom just fell out of Warren's credibility. Can Pete assume the moderate lane? None of us know. You can be no more right than I at this point, and no more wrong. So stop confusing your emotions, hopes and wishes with facts by which to disprove anything. Fangurling is so pathetic, even when it's reined in.

by Anonymousreply 143November 1, 2019 8:26 PM

Harris' trend is downward in the assessments of voters and she has shown the instincts of the blind, deaf and dumb when it comes to presenting herself. She's gone from attack victim to laughing at her own jokes. What could she possibly do now to turn it around, R142?

by Anonymousreply 144November 1, 2019 8:27 PM

Attacking her for laughing at her own jokes... are you Donald Trump Jr.?

by Anonymousreply 145November 1, 2019 8:29 PM

It's an observation, not an attack.

And kinda weird.

by Anonymousreply 146November 1, 2019 8:34 PM

[quote]What could she possibly do now to turn it around

Look at Amy - everyone assumed she was dunzo, but she showed a mighty fighting spirit at the last debate, got a money boost and qualifying polls for the November debate, and has almost qualified for the December one as well. All as a result of that single debate performance.

Kamala now has two more clear shots to knock it right out of the park, if she gets it together. Stranger things have happened, is what I'm saying.

by Anonymousreply 147November 1, 2019 8:41 PM

Fwiw I’m supportIng Klobuchar and Buttigieg and don’t care who’s the top of the ticket or the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 148November 1, 2019 9:22 PM

Beto's out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149November 1, 2019 9:32 PM

And....he's done. Down to 17.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150November 1, 2019 9:37 PM

OK, Bullock, Delaney, Marianne Woo-woo, Messum, Bennett....follow the tall, handsome man's lead here....

by Anonymousreply 151November 1, 2019 9:45 PM

r151 You won't get the attention seeking grifters like Marianne, Yang or Sanders to drop out.

by Anonymousreply 152November 1, 2019 9:48 PM

Bullock, Bennet, and Delaney all just want to reach to that speech in Iowa today, which is an important milestone They'll drop out soon after that. It's their ego, wanting to have all those eyes in that arena on them.

by Anonymousreply 153November 1, 2019 9:50 PM

R153, Has DL really discussed those 3 candidates?

by Anonymousreply 154November 1, 2019 9:51 PM

R152: Sanders is not a grifter, no matter how much you want him to be. So just cut the crap right there. ANYONE not in the top 5 need to get out of this race.

by Anonymousreply 155November 1, 2019 9:55 PM

r154 Mainly to make fun of them. One poster did like Bullock because he's a "hot daddy type" (not my words), but that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 156November 1, 2019 9:56 PM

Man, I guess I wasn't born for this!

by Anonymousreply 157November 1, 2019 11:48 PM

When is tonight’sJ&J dinner?

by Anonymousreply 158November 2, 2019 12:10 AM

It’s now the Liberty and Justice dinner (former Jefferson Jackson dinner). Livestream at 6:30 PT supposedly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159November 2, 2019 12:15 AM

Biden’s pre-dinner speech just now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160November 2, 2019 12:17 AM

Yang on Don Lemon tonight. Pretty good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161November 2, 2019 12:22 AM

Warren's final descent has begun saying Medicare for All will cost $52,000,000,000,000! And she sounds like a full-fledged loon explaining it and why it will work. Bye bye Liz

by Anonymousreply 162November 2, 2019 12:25 AM

In other words, R162, it will cost the same as what we have today but will give us so much more. As for the "loon" part, your inability to understand simple math really isn't Liz's problem. I don't think she'll be leaving quite as soon as you apparently would like.

by Anonymousreply 163November 2, 2019 12:33 AM

Streaming

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164November 2, 2019 1:31 AM

Buttigieg’s speech was pretty great, but it’s laughable to say he’s a progressive. That was pure centrism with a nod to the social justice wing.

by Anonymousreply 165November 2, 2019 1:50 AM

Biden was surprisingly very good. Robust.

by Anonymousreply 166November 2, 2019 1:54 AM

r165 Well he actually wants to win the general election not a kamikaze run like 52 trillion Warren.

by Anonymousreply 167November 2, 2019 1:55 AM

Yang was quite good. Made me smile and feel hopeful. And he’s the only one who’s not a politician.

by Anonymousreply 168November 2, 2019 2:19 AM

What’s Biden’s campaign song? Buttigieg has Panic’s High Hopes without lyrics. Very nice.

by Anonymousreply 169November 2, 2019 2:24 AM

The theme of Buttigieg’s speech was essentially “unity is paramount and it means that we will move forward to the extent that virtually everyone agrees. There will be no winners and losers.” Stakeholders and all that. Industry. The very wealthy. He will need their permission. There will not be structural change.

In other words, he’s for incremental change. Expect another health care bill with listening tours and the nearly endless seeking of industry and Republican input and buy-in. Like Obama.

by Anonymousreply 170November 2, 2019 2:35 AM

And what’s wrong with that, r170?

by Anonymousreply 171November 2, 2019 9:18 AM

r170 As opposed to a sweeping healthcare bill that'll result in a red wave in 2022 and get dismantled immediately, throwing everyone off of healthcare? If it survives a court challenge first, that is.

Incrementalism gets shit done. People have been fighting Trump for they past four years. Do you really want another two years of shitslinging, but in the opposite direction? I'd prefer normalcy and practical solutions myself.

by Anonymousreply 172November 2, 2019 11:21 AM

I like them all

by Anonymousreply 173November 2, 2019 11:25 AM

Teddy Kennedy was a big believer in incrementalism, and he got things done. He said near the end of his life, something to the extent that the Republicans aren’t going to let you have everything, but you get a little bit, and then build on that, and chip away, and then eventually you get it done. And he and the Democrats got a lot done in that era. They understood you’re not going to win every battle, but you can still win the war.

by Anonymousreply 174November 2, 2019 11:28 AM

All change is incremental....go big or go home.

by Anonymousreply 175November 2, 2019 11:32 AM

R171: You start big like Warren,so you don't start negotiating from a position already in the middle. Unity is impossible in this country, as Obama showed. You can't "unite" with people who want you dead. Incrementalism as policy gets you a bloodbath in 2022 like the one in 2010 and a younger Trump (Tom Cotton or Josh Hawley) who will be far more effective at enacting their fascist worldview. That's what wrong with it.

by Anonymousreply 176November 2, 2019 3:04 PM

Castro is letting his staff go and will focus on Iowa and Nevada exclusively.

Life support, anyone?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177November 2, 2019 6:55 PM

Biden being Biden...

[quote]At the fish fry in Cedar Rapids, Biden says he’s in Ohio instead of Iowa. Quickly corrects himself but I spotted some in the crowd shaking their heads.

And these gaffes will never, ever stop. 😩

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178November 2, 2019 10:18 PM

#TULSI2020!

by Anonymousreply 179November 2, 2019 10:19 PM

R178 wants us to ignore Trump's gaffes...

by Anonymousreply 180November 2, 2019 10:21 PM

r180 Who said that? There's no comparison. I'm just asking whether it's worth four years of reading tweets like those when there's so many other choices in the field. Food for thought and all that.

by Anonymousreply 181November 3, 2019 9:47 AM

ABC/WaPo National Poll (A+ rating)

Biggest shocker is Kamala at 2%. Another qualifying poll for the December debate she's missed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182November 3, 2019 9:53 AM

From r182:

[quote]Warren’s supporters are not highly committed; 65% say they’d consider someone else. That compares with 43% among Biden’s supporters and 50% among supporters of all other candidates combined. (The sample size of Sanders supporters is too small to dice.)

Soft race, still.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183November 3, 2019 10:03 AM

New NBC News/WSJ national poll

[quote]Biden 27% Warren 23% Sanders 19% Buttigieg 6% Klobuchar 5% Harris 4% Yang 3%

With this, Kamala qualifies for the December debate.

by Anonymousreply 184November 3, 2019 2:06 PM

*Oh, and Amy needs just one more poll as well.

by Anonymousreply 185November 3, 2019 2:08 PM

Who the fuck is supporting any Klobuchar? Democrats just WANT to lose this race dont they?

by Anonymousreply 186November 3, 2019 2:11 PM

r186, she's not going to get the nomination, so why do you care?

by Anonymousreply 187November 3, 2019 2:33 PM

r186 People who want Minnesota to not go to Trump next year. Beyond that, who knows.

by Anonymousreply 188November 3, 2019 2:35 PM

Qualifying poll out of Nevada, which is notoriously difficult to poll.

With this, that Steyer fucker needs just one more poll to qualify for December debate. Hopefully he fails on the donor threshold, which he still needs to reach.

Just nine more days for Tulsi to get that last poll to appear in November debate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189November 4, 2019 10:25 PM

R189, If you want to know who will win in NV ask the massive Teamsters' - Culinary Union. They guarantee that all current and retired members vote the party line with payment as needed on top of multiple personal visits.

by Anonymousreply 190November 4, 2019 11:07 PM

Regardless, the Nevada caucuses will be influenced by what happens in earlier states.

by Anonymousreply 191November 4, 2019 11:14 PM

R191, True. I can easily see the all powerful unions pulling their support for Biden if it looks like he won't win against Trump. Wonder how much of his support is due to people wanting to go with the current winner whomever that would be.

NV skews older so health care is a top priority. Economy is strong so far but visible homelessness is getting far worse as rents are increasing, due to competition from home buyers in CA and China.

by Anonymousreply 192November 4, 2019 11:23 PM

Funnily enough, I learned unions are big in Nevada just hours ago thanks to this article. Had no clue about the electorate in that state beyond knowing the Latinx segment is now almost a third of its population. I don't know how many of them will attend the caucuses. Are they less talky and personal than the ones in Iowa?

[quote]One key hire for Buttigieg will work on labor outreach in Nevada, where about 14% of workers are union members.

I do know firefighters (well, their union) are huge on Biden and are financing his online ads ever since he dropped his opposition to super PACs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193November 4, 2019 11:35 PM

R193, I've posted about the super power of NV unions before on GLP. Perhaps you've missed my posts?

Caucused for HRC against Obama (thought he was too green) which was held in my apt complex. Caused enemies between neighbors due to the EXTREME HIGH PRESSURE to switch voting. Refused to show up in the Sanders vs Clinton caucuses and heard everyone complaining that the pressure was far, far worse. Plus there were enormous lines at all nearby locations. What a mess.

A neighbor late 70's and solid Liberal Democrat who has never missed any NV election since she became eligible refused to caucus due to the anticipated problem issues.

Casinos let voters have an extended, paid lunch hour just so they can vote. There's a lot of encouragement for all to participate which includes a lot of Latinx even in the non-union hiring locales.

by Anonymousreply 194November 4, 2019 11:46 PM

R193, I'll be early voting for Mayor Pete and skipping the Caucus.

: HOW DO I PARTICIPATE IN THE CAUCUS? A: Any registered Democrat in the state may participate in the caucus process through one of two processes: in-person early voting or attending your precinct caucus. Casino employees on the Las Vegas Strip will also have the option of attending strip caucus sites on Caucus Day. Participants may register to vote same day or change party affiliation at any early vote location, caucus day location or strip caucus location.

Q: WHEN IS THE EARLY VOTE PERIOD? A: The early vote period will be held from Saturday, February 15, 2020 – Tuesday, February 18, 2020. Voters will be able to participate at any early vote location within the county in which they are registered to vote.

by Anonymousreply 195November 4, 2019 11:49 PM

[quote]Casinos let voters have an extended, paid lunch hour just so they can vote. There's a lot of encouragement for all to participate which includes a lot of Latinx even in the non-union hiring locales.

That, plus same-day registration is super encouraging to read, but everything else you describe sounds like a nightmare. Why not just switch to a primary? Who the hell has the time and the energy for such drama?

I'm relieved to find out in-person early voting is also a thing, as per r195. That would be perfect for me as an introvert who hates conflict.

by Anonymousreply 196November 5, 2019 12:01 AM

R196, Even worse would be conflict and extreme arguing among coworkers who must work together in very small spaces. Protests were launched in 2016 by Bernie Sanders supporters who fairly said that they were railroaded into voting for HRC. They also complained of extremely long lines.

Luckily for me I only have to walk 1 block to get to my early voting location, and have a choice of 2 days each with very long hours. However there's never enough parking on Sat in the general area. Assume many will give up and not show. If I were working, had young kids and no car I'd have to be super motivated to early vote or to caucus.

by Anonymousreply 197November 5, 2019 12:17 AM

Biden, Buttigieg, and Klobuchar are centrists. It will take a centrist to win battleground states.

Good luck with Warren & Sanders advocating eliminating private insurance altogether, creating a new entitlement program of reparations, pursuing open borders, and abolishing ICE. Not every voter is a Lexus liberal from New England, or dwells in the big city projects.

by Anonymousreply 198November 5, 2019 2:30 PM

Pollster rating have been updated by 538: YouGov down to B-, Quinnipiac down to B+, Emerson up to A-

A+ Pollsters:

Monmouth University

Selzer & Co

ABC News*/Washington Post

Marist College

Siena College/New York Times Upshot

Muhlenberg College

[quote]One more key reminder now that the Iowa caucuses are only three months away: Some types of elections are associated with considerably larger polling errors than others. In particular, presidential primaries feature polling that is often volatile at best, and downright inaccurate at worst. [bold]Overall, presidential primary polls in our database mispredict the final margin between the top two candidates by an average of 8.7 points. And the error was even worse, 10.1 points, in the 2016 primary cycle. Leads of 10 points, 15 points or sometimes more are not necessarily safe in the primaries.[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199November 5, 2019 2:47 PM

With today's Quinnipiac poll out of Iowa, which is being discussed in a separate thread, Amy qualifies for December debate...

...and Tulsi for the November one. 😒

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200November 6, 2019 8:10 PM

Tulsi is probably going to qualify for all of them, since she’s being financed by the Russians. The only thing that can stop her is voters.

by Anonymousreply 201November 6, 2019 8:30 PM

Tulsi had such low engagement in Iowa that she wasn't even invited by Iowa Democrats to the Liberty and Justice dinner the other day, and yet she's somehow ahead of Yang in the Iowa poll? Fuck that shit, I'm really starting to believe the Russians are at work.

by Anonymousreply 202November 6, 2019 8:33 PM

R201: The Russian would have to have American citizens in at least 20 states giving minimum amounts totaling a huge haul AND she has to meet the polling thresholds. Look, I hate the bitch as much as everyone here does and rightfully so, but cut the crap with this Russian funding nonsense. The only support she gets are trolls and shitposters.

by Anonymousreply 203November 6, 2019 8:53 PM

You can achieve quite a lot with microtargeting people in Iowa on Facebook. Which I suspect the Russians would be doing if they were involved.

by Anonymousreply 204November 6, 2019 8:55 PM

R202 - Tulsi didn't go because she had active duty that day (remember: she's still IN THE MILITARY). Plus that event is pay-to-play. You have to buy a voter file or open offices, so it's like $150k+ just to attend.

And Tulsi's *still* qualifying for debates all while not blowing through money to for political theater (ala Pete; money sure does buy a lot!). Kamala comes in with dancing troupes paid for by her corporate donors and still is at the bottom of the barrel. Castro went and has 1% support in today's Iowa poll from Quinnipac and spent the cash to make the Liberty and Justice event.

Tulsi is such a frugal warrior angel~! <3

by Anonymousreply 205November 6, 2019 9:34 PM

Erm, no, she didn't attend because she wasn't invited. She wasn't invited because she didn't meet the qualifying criteria - certain number of field offices and staffers in Iowa etc.

Considering it's such an important event in Iowa, you simply don't skip it unless you don't give a rat's ass about Iowans, who live for this sort of personal engagement. I'm sure she's banking on New Hampshire, though. You know how kooky those primary voters can be...

by Anonymousreply 206November 6, 2019 9:41 PM

[quote]Castro went and has 1% support in today's Iowa poll from Quinnipac and spent the cash to make the Liberty and Justice event.

The poll caught something like two days prior to the event and two days after it, so it definitely didn't capture the full aftermath / excitement.

by Anonymousreply 207November 6, 2019 9:42 PM

Okay, R207! Get back to me when Castro's numbers rise and rise after polling accounts for his attendance.

MEANWHILE I will get back to waiting for Tulsi! to qualify for the December debates <3 <3 <3

by Anonymousreply 208November 6, 2019 9:55 PM

Castro sniping at Pete makes him look petty and snarky. It’s time for Castro to drop out.

by Anonymousreply 209November 7, 2019 6:12 AM

Now Bloomberg is entering the race. We're supposed to be getting rid of candidates, not adding more at this stage!

by Anonymousreply 210November 7, 2019 9:59 PM

Debate-qualifying Fox News (rating A-) poll out of Nevada.

Biden 24%

Sanders 18%

Warren 18%

Buttigieg 8%

Steyer 5%

Harris 4%

With this, Steyer needs one more poll to qualify for the December debate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211November 14, 2019 10:41 PM

^^ Food for thought for Amy and Warren...

[bold]Do you think the United States is ready to elect, or not?[/bold]

Yes / No / Don't know.

woman president 76% / 17% / 7%

Latino or Hispanic president 67% / 22% / 11%

Jewish president 67% / 17% / 15%

gay or lesbian president 46% / 41% /13%

by Anonymousreply 212November 14, 2019 10:41 PM

16 Republicans and 30 Democrats have filed for the New Hampshire primary. The deadline is close of business today. NH only requires a filling fee then you're on the Presidential ballot. So both parties always get these weirdos who just pay and get their name printed. The link in the middle column will open a PDF to show all the names and the date they filed.

So much for a cull....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213November 15, 2019 3:38 PM

NH registration is just insurance policy. I suspect the real cull will happen on February 3rd of 4th, when the Iowa caucus results come in. Every old white man who didn't manage to get 15% (except for Bloomberg) will drop out and endorse someone else.

by Anonymousreply 214November 15, 2019 3:45 PM

The only person I really wanted to run was Sherrod Brown. Of course, he withdrew...because he has some sense.

by Anonymousreply 215November 15, 2019 3:49 PM

PPP Iowa Poll, Nov 5-6 (rating: B)

Warren 21%

Buttigieg 20%

Sanders 14%

Biden 13%

Klobuchar 9%

Steyer 6%

Harris, Yang 3%

Booker 1%

The very important Selzer poll out of Iowa coming out tomorrow!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216November 15, 2019 6:44 PM

Clearly TULSI got the 10% "Someone Else/Not Sure" response in that poll, R216. It's the only explanation for the RIGGAGE.

by Anonymousreply 217November 15, 2019 6:47 PM

I had no idea it was so easy.In 2024, I intend to file papers in New Hampshire to run for PResident of the United States. It will be something I can frame and place on my wall at the nursing home...

by Anonymousreply 218November 15, 2019 6:55 PM

Has Pilar Palabunda dropped out?

by Anonymousreply 219November 15, 2019 6:56 PM

Biden not faring well with net favorability at r216.

[quote]Buttigieg 65%, Warren 44%, Booker 42%, Klobuchar 33%, Biden 30%

by Anonymousreply 220November 15, 2019 7:00 PM

You know if Pete breaks out, T will call him a fag or something or a pillow biter

and that'll be REALLY fun to talk about with our straight pals and family.

by Anonymousreply 221November 15, 2019 7:53 PM

Delaney is releasing 30-minute ads in Iowa. Those poor bastards...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222November 17, 2019 3:46 AM

With today's Quinnipiac poll out of South Carolina, Steyer qualifies for the November debate and Yang needs one more poll. Speaking of...

Yang spent $1 million on ads in Iowa just this past week - more than anyone else - and Biden has announced a $4 million ad buy in Iowa. They can afford to splurge now that both have embraced super PAC money.

by Anonymousreply 223November 18, 2019 8:44 PM

“I am Suspending My 2020 Presidential Campaign But I’m Not Finished Yet”

😩

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224November 20, 2019 2:48 PM

Sestak out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225December 1, 2019 10:13 PM

Bullock out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226December 2, 2019 11:20 AM

Bullock of Montana is out too.I think there may be a senate seat in Montana he can run for. The Republican senator is up for re-election in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 227December 2, 2019 2:08 PM

No, he said he's not running for Senate.

by Anonymousreply 228December 2, 2019 2:09 PM

You know I'm just baffled why some of these Senate seats aren't being challenged by Democrats who have a very decent, to strong probability of winning and flipping. Cornyn in Texas, Daines in Montana, Perdue AND Isakson in Georgia. Everyone is out here posturing for national exposure but no one wants to take on the risk of going after Republican Senate seats. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 229December 2, 2019 2:39 PM

Steyer becomes the seventh candidate to qualify for the December debate, after reaching the donor threshold.

Tulsi and Yang have nine more days to get that last qualifying poll, and Booker hasn't got any qualifying polls yet.

by Anonymousreply 230December 3, 2019 1:07 PM

Kamala is out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231December 3, 2019 5:08 PM

Kamala was qualified for the december debate. I wish she would have waited. I was hoping that she would boost her numbers by the Iowa caucus.

by Anonymousreply 232December 3, 2019 10:32 PM

I appreciate the fact that she was honest and pretty much said she was dropping out to stop wasting people's time and money.

A lot of these other candidates should do the same.

by Anonymousreply 233December 3, 2019 10:43 PM

r232 Per her audit, she'd have to go into debt to finance her campaign. More trouble than it's worth.

by Anonymousreply 234December 3, 2019 10:45 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Wayne Messam drops out of 2020 Presidential Race.....2 weeks ago.

His sharp take on the issues and impact on the field will be missed. We condole his campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235December 3, 2019 11:36 PM

Yes, I posted it at r224 already.

by Anonymousreply 236December 3, 2019 11:37 PM

Biden, Sanders, Warren, Buttigieg, Booker, Klobucher, Castro, Yang, Bloomberg, Steyer, Patrick, Bennett, Delaney, Williamson, Grabass. 15 candidates. Still way too fucking many. The top 4 listed here should be the only ones still in. Everyone else go do something productive. Bloomberg and Steyer could buy radio and TV stations AND fund efforts to win majorities in state legislatures. Patick could help out with that too. But no, everyone wants to President.

by Anonymousreply 237December 3, 2019 11:47 PM

Steyer has officially lost the plot.

[quote]I’m calling on @TheDemocrats to open up debate requirements for January so more candidates can participate. This is more important than any one campaign—it’s about finding the best person to represent our party, defeat @realDonaldTrump, and lead our country forward.

Bitch 👏 it 👏 is 👏 December!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238December 4, 2019 9:48 PM

Cornyn in Texas is safe. He's well like by moderate and Never Trump Republicans who would be happy to split the ticket to possibly buck the President, but there is no reason for them to buck Cornyn. Ted was our best shot.

by Anonymousreply 239December 7, 2019 9:50 AM

Booker, Bennet, and Delaney failed to get on the Vermont ballot. Castro got an extension, lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240December 17, 2019 7:12 PM

[quote] Marianne Williamson lays off 2020 campaign staff nationwide

AP headline from Jan. 2, 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241January 5, 2020 7:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!