Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Millennial men are killing razor sales, claims Procter & Gamble

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 24, 2019 1:07 PM

Isn't that because of all the mail order razor blade services that have cropped up?

by Anonymousreply 1August 23, 2019 2:02 AM

Probably because we're sick of paying 40$ for a few replacement blades.

by Anonymousreply 2August 23, 2019 2:03 AM

I think Gillette changed the blades on the Mach 3s because the last few that I bought seemed thinner, and more similar to the single use Mach 3, that were less costs and lower quality.

I have a hunch they use those lower quality razors now in the standard Mach 3s.

It’s exactly what a greedy c.e.o. would do to save a buck.

Even if it does rip your face to shreds. Everything is just crap anymore.

by Anonymousreply 3August 23, 2019 2:08 AM

Harry’s razors don’t shave close enough nor are they long enough. The razor is too square.

by Anonymousreply 4August 23, 2019 2:10 AM

Yeah Harry's pretty much sucks, the one nice thing is the little single blade on the upper edge for getting hard to shave spots like just under your nose and such.

by Anonymousreply 5August 23, 2019 2:13 AM

Gillette is overly expensive.

by Anonymousreply 6August 23, 2019 2:44 AM

I'm sick of beards. Always hated them.

Now they just look like matted filth stuck to a dude's face.

by Anonymousreply 7August 23, 2019 5:06 AM

Whaaaa - their price-gouging is making them reconsider. Boohoo. It's insane how much they charge for blades.

And unfortunately, I haven't found a cheaper replacement that is as good as some of the older ones. But there has to be some middle ground.

by Anonymousreply 8August 23, 2019 5:11 AM

I switched to a safety razor, so much cheaper. Tired of the price gouging and obvious decrease in quality of the Mach products.

by Anonymousreply 9August 23, 2019 5:59 AM

I don’t blame people for wanting to wear beards. Having to shave to fit in with all the corporate Goons is not appealing. Fuck the man!

by Anonymousreply 10August 23, 2019 6:06 AM

I grew a beard to save money 6 years ago, not make a fashion statement.

Screw Gillette — they’re shameless price gougers and I got tired of it.

by Anonymousreply 11August 23, 2019 6:08 AM

I stopped shaving when Gillette started up its propaganda telling us that All Males Are Toxic!.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 23, 2019 8:45 AM

But but but....they all shave pubes!!!! How could razor sales plummet?

by Anonymousreply 13August 23, 2019 8:56 AM

And truth be told, many men who have bearded up still shave around the edges of their beards, something I refuse to do. My hairline in natural down my neck.

Thankfully my beard stops at a pleasing point down my neck, not like some guys whose chest hair rides up in attempt to join its beardly cousin below the Adam's apple.

by Anonymousreply 14August 23, 2019 11:09 AM

The Mach 3 absolutely downgraded their product several months ago. I switched to the Schick Hydro 5 but am just waiting for the 5-blade style to get downgraded, too. I remember being able to use the single-blade Bics back in the 1990s but now they're death traps.

Bought a Braun electric razor a few months ago, one of the pricier models still made in Germany, specifically because I'm tired of the constant need to upgrade the disposables just to get the kind of shave I used to get with cheaper razors that didn't have 4000 blades on them. An electric razor just doesn't get as close of a shave, though.

by Anonymousreply 15August 23, 2019 11:45 AM

But Axe Body Spray sales are way up with millennials.

by Anonymousreply 16August 23, 2019 2:03 PM

You know how to kill a stupid fad?

Some friends and I got some baggy pants at a thrift store and became "saggers" for an evening at the State Fair a few years ago.

We had shades on as we meandered around the midway. We're old white guys in our 50s and 60s.

The looks we got were funnier than a night at the comedy club.

Old guys with white beards will kill this beard fad too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 23, 2019 3:32 PM

R16 axe body spray is ghetto

by Anonymousreply 18August 23, 2019 3:34 PM

Good. P&G tests on animals and donates to the GOP. They're evil motherfuckers.

by Anonymousreply 19August 23, 2019 3:38 PM

R15, good to know I’m not crazy. I discovered they had downgraded the blades too. Sneaky bastards.

Way to scar up someone’s face.

by Anonymousreply 20August 23, 2019 3:42 PM

r17 nope -- I turned 40 in May, and like my maternal grandpa and most of the men on that side, my beard is already mostly gray. I get a lot of compliments about it, though it has to be said that my face still looks pretty young so I think it's the contrast of a young-looking face with an old man beard that these younger guys like so much. "Silver fox" is still a thing.

by Anonymousreply 21August 23, 2019 4:34 PM

Keep telling yourself that, Pops! ^^

by Anonymousreply 22August 23, 2019 4:46 PM

These "Millennials are killing X" posts are all bullshit. Markets change. It's up to the company to change along with it. No one, millennial or otherwise, owes any company their business.

by Anonymousreply 23August 23, 2019 4:51 PM

Yeah I tell myself that as a rail yet another 30 year old, r22, like a mantra.

by Anonymousreply 24August 23, 2019 4:57 PM

Maybe 15% of men, mostly AA and Latin, look better with a beard. The rest either look dirty/homeless and/or like a try-hard running from something.

Same applies to “scruff.” Shower and shave, guys. Every day.

by Anonymousreply 25August 23, 2019 5:07 PM

I can't grow a respectable looking beard. It ends up patchy, scratchy and extremely annoying to have around. I have, however, let go of shaving daily. I generally shave once every three days so my razors last longer.

by Anonymousreply 26August 23, 2019 5:28 PM

Gillette disposable razors are too expensive. I would buy them more often if they would lower the price.

by Anonymousreply 27August 23, 2019 6:00 PM

Whatever you say, R25.

by Anonymousreply 28August 24, 2019 1:11 AM

I work in corporate and since the dress code has been casual a couple years now, i only shave once a week! I refuse to to fund Big Grooming any longer!

by Anonymousreply 29August 24, 2019 4:14 AM

Is it true you can make your razor blades last longer by storing your razor business end down in mineral oil when you finish shaving?

by Anonymousreply 30August 24, 2019 11:42 AM

Do millennial men shave their ass? What are their holes like?

by Anonymousreply 31August 24, 2019 11:48 AM

You shouldn’t be using disposable razors anyway. Too much plastic, not biodegradable. I switched to an electric shaver a year ago and wish I’d done it a lot sooner.

by Anonymousreply 32August 24, 2019 12:33 PM

Clipper- the beard and stubble trend- not so hard to understand

by Anonymousreply 33August 24, 2019 12:55 PM

I dispute that millennial men are killing razor sales.

I say the root cause of declining razor sales is collective manufacturers' greed.

They reach the limit of price elasticity and they are now paying the price of reduced sales. The buying public will only stand so much gouging ... .

Are you listening inkjet printer manufacturers?

by Anonymousreply 34August 24, 2019 1:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!