Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Should I get PEP? I think i've been exposed to HIV

This afternoon, I topped a mid-20s guy. His profile said neg and on prep. I am neg, not on prep. Cut here. Thinking tomorrow morning I might go get on PEP just to be on the safe side.

by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2019 12:54 AM

Ask him if he is currently taking Prep and if not when his last test was.

If you can't ask him for whatever reason, you could consult with a doctor. It is fairly unlikely they will prescribe you pep for one encounter with a bottom of unknown status. Provided you are not co-infected with other STDs at time of encounter, risks are fairly low and depend on a lot of factors.

Consider going onto Prep yourself so as not to have to deal with this worry again.

by Anonymousreply 1August 23, 2019 1:00 AM

Should add that I'm 41, neg, and only have anal as a top 2-3 times per year.

by Anonymousreply 2August 23, 2019 1:04 AM

Jesus Christ you need a shrink and plan to get a normal sex life, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3August 23, 2019 1:17 AM

On the off-chance that you aren't a troll, OP, what you did was extremely low risk and you shouldn't worry, much less subject you organs to 30 days of antiretroviral drug therapy.

by Anonymousreply 4August 23, 2019 1:18 AM

it may be a better idea to ask a doctor... here, we are more expert in hairstyles and gossips... but if you have willingly exposed yourself to HIV at your age (as if you were any dumb millenial), R3 may be right... get a shrink!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 23, 2019 1:20 AM

I'll have a glass of PEP with you, dear OP... cheers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 23, 2019 1:22 AM

Shouldn't you be in a long term relationship by now?

by Anonymousreply 7August 23, 2019 1:25 AM

Excuse me, Miss, but I have troubles of my own.

by Anonymousreply 8August 23, 2019 1:45 AM

who cares? HIV is so passé...

by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2019 12:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!