Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

44% of Suburbanites Approve of the Job That Donald Trump is Doing

His overall approval rating among women is 42%. Do the math. These suburban fraus are ready to drag him over the finish line again. They’re cool with this freak show so long as they got their big house and luxury minivan in Whiteyville USA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 27, 2019 4:57 PM

But doesn’t that mean that 56% of suburbanites don’t approve of him?

by Anonymousreply 1August 23, 2019 12:28 AM

I am not a statistics whiz, but I think it's more important to look at his support in individual states. The regional breakdown in the poll at the link is interesting. The highest percentage of support is in the South and there it is only at 37%. The election will be won in swing states and swing districts. What "suburban women" think nationwide is pretty immaterial.

by Anonymousreply 2August 23, 2019 12:30 AM

My best friend (who is female) has always said that women are stupid and have no common sense because most of them let men dictate everything they do. I’m starting to agree.

by Anonymousreply 3August 23, 2019 12:30 AM

[QUOTE]But doesn’t that mean that 56% of suburbanites don’t approve of him?

No. A certain portion of respondents probably select “Unsure,” meaning “I don’t want to admit that I plan to vote for Donald Trump next November.”

by Anonymousreply 4August 23, 2019 12:31 AM

[quote] My best friend (who is female) has always said that women are stupid and have no common sense because most of them let men dictate everything they do.

This message was clearly the purpose of the thread.

by Anonymousreply 5August 23, 2019 12:35 AM

They only care about the tax cuts they’ve received! This should not be surprising to anyone. They have not suffered as marginalized people have so THEY DON’T CARE! They get a few hundred extra a month and say fuck everyone else

by Anonymousreply 6August 23, 2019 12:36 AM

R3 Bless your heart! Do you have a black friend too? How woke you must feel!

by Anonymousreply 7August 23, 2019 12:50 AM

Suburbanites are usually dumb pieces of trash.

by Anonymousreply 8August 23, 2019 12:52 AM

Well, it's still better than the men. They lumped together strongly approve and somewhat approve as net approve. I've always been weird about 'somewhat approve' - I mean he has said a lot of shit, but he hasn't really done much or got much passed.

Only 19% of women strongly approved. The biggest buckets for both men and women? Strongly disapprove!

There isn't positive news for Trump - at all. About 30-35% of America are brainwashed Republicans that would rather die than vote for a Democrat, no matter if they have to vote for Satan themselves. To only have 19% and 29% strongly approve ratings - that's not good.

by Anonymousreply 9August 23, 2019 12:53 AM

R3 = My best friend is gay so that gives me permission to say something totally homophobic! 🙄🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 10August 23, 2019 12:56 AM

Whiteyville? Nice, real nice.

by Anonymousreply 11August 23, 2019 1:04 AM

I am a Canadian who lives right across from Detroit, Michigan. I was listening to a Detroit radio station this morning and a keynote female speaker was talking about the big Women For Trump Rally that they're having in Detroit soon. Michigan has become so conservative over the years that it has almost become a lost cause for the Democrats. Sad but true.

by Anonymousreply 12August 23, 2019 1:05 AM

Sad to say, you’re a clueless Canadian, r12, or a closet freeper. It’s a toss up. Michigan voted Democratic in six consecutive presidential elections from 1992 through 2012. Donald Trump narrowly flipped the state in 2016, defeating Hillary Clinton by just 0.2%. That’s hardly “become so conservative.”

by Anonymousreply 13August 23, 2019 1:13 AM

R5, R7, R10 Instead of sitting around pissed at me, why don’t you focus on being pissed at your fellow women who are voting for these people? Quit avoiding the REAL problem and start calling these women out!

by Anonymousreply 14August 23, 2019 1:27 AM

[QUOTE]This message was clearly the purpose of the thread.

[QUOTE]—all misogyny all the time

I’m not a misogynist. I don’t have a problem with women. My problem is with white women.

by Anonymousreply 15August 23, 2019 1:44 AM

R15 Then you have have a prejudicial problem.

by Anonymousreply 16August 23, 2019 1:50 AM

R15 , R10 here. I’m a a man and what you said was fucked up! Acknowledge it, learn and move on. That’s how we grow. We don’t grow by defending our mistakes

by Anonymousreply 17August 23, 2019 1:51 AM

And this is why I question all polls. Not because the end result but because I think they are over sampling urbanites, including the major suburbs of the big cities. They are not accurately accounting the demographics, and electoral layout of the country. To me regular white people, from all socioeconomic backgrounds, I encounter support Trump even if they don't personally like him. A lot of Asians, and more blacks than the media would have you believe also support Trump.

by Anonymousreply 18August 23, 2019 2:13 AM

The suburbs are a vast and wildly diverse place OP, not necessarily women in a "big house and luxury minivan in Whiteyville USA."

There are far more blue collar suburbs where people struggle than affluent ones, the latter having mostly voted for Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 19August 23, 2019 2:17 AM

Not shocking

by Anonymousreply 20August 23, 2019 5:28 PM

I know it’s a reality - but I will never understand people who support him. Truly a vast and unbridgeable divide between me - and most people I know - and a huge portion of this country. It’s wholly incomprehensible to me how anyone can turn a blind eye to his evilness. It has made me accept that mankind is not at base decent. I held onto the belief until 50 - but his election has destroyed my faith in mankind.

I’m clinging to all the gains we have received as gay men since I was born. Need something to be grateful for.

by Anonymousreply 21August 23, 2019 6:17 PM

[QUOTE]There are far more blue collar suburbs where people struggle than affluent ones, the latter having mostly voted for Hillary.

Blue collar suburbs? Like where?

by Anonymousreply 22August 27, 2019 1:02 PM

[quote]the big Women For Trump Rally

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 27, 2019 1:47 PM

Way to go with the racial slur. The Democrats are totally going to win in 2020 by automatically assuming all 200 million white people in this country are racist pieces of shit.

Fuck Whitey! Yeah!

by Anonymousreply 24August 27, 2019 1:50 PM

R22 - more than 50% of Philly suburbs are blue collar Deplorable-leaning. The city is becoming wealthier while the working poor move to the inner suburbs. Interestingly they voted for Obama but went with Trump in 2016. Slightly different than the rednecks down South but lack of education and ignorance of minority prejudice is similar.

by Anonymousreply 25August 27, 2019 4:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!