Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who are the First Gentlemen that Chasten can look to as role models?

Historical or current but spill the tea! Like, who's the First Gent of Ireland?

by Anonymousreply 19September 3, 2019 3:55 AM

Gauthier, for sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 22, 2019 9:58 PM

Oh, and Ireland's is out of contention because he doesn't travel around with him. He has his own practice to think about, after all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 22, 2019 10:01 PM

The only way Chasten will see the inside of the Oval Office is if he takes a tour like everybody else.

I can only assume these "Pete's gonna win" posts are a parody.

Glad he ran and seems like a good man (minus the corporate sponsors) but he has no chance at even V.P. slot.

The nomination and possible win are just not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 3August 22, 2019 11:34 PM

I swear DL has more Kassandras than any other forum in existence. You'd think people would have learned a lesson after 2016, but no...

by Anonymousreply 4August 22, 2019 11:36 PM

We are less forgiving of our own kind. Envy, match.

by Anonymousreply 5August 24, 2019 1:56 PM

To be pendantic, First Gentleman would only apply to the spouse of the Head of State of a country or sub-national entity, the Head of Government's spouse doesn't really have a title.

Now, we can always look below the national level. Anthony Toms is the husband of Australian Capital Territory Cheif Minister Andrew Barr.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 24, 2019 2:24 PM

First Gentleman of Colorado, Marlon Reis, on the right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 24, 2019 2:27 PM

First Ladies aren't really a thing outside the US.

by Anonymousreply 8August 24, 2019 2:28 PM

List is pretty thin at the moment, though....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 24, 2019 2:28 PM

We've had gay ambassadors. Let's count them in. And how do they get away with it during conservative administrations and in gay unfriendly countries?

by Anonymousreply 10August 24, 2019 2:32 PM

R10: Ambassadors are replaced by new administrations. And I don't know how many LGBT ambassadors have been appointed to anti-gay countries. Not many I would think.

by Anonymousreply 11August 24, 2019 2:34 PM

the US is an anti-gay country

by Anonymousreply 12August 24, 2019 2:38 PM

Well, Germany has had a first gentleman for many years (though as someone said, it's not really a thing outside the US and he keeps a very low profile).

Several years ago their foreign minister was gay and his boyfriend was often in attendance at official events, if memory serves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 24, 2019 2:39 PM

Chasten just flipped his shit on Twitter because the WH Deputy Press Secretary tweeted that the fact that Pence will be having lunch with Varadkar and his husband tomorrow means he's not anti-gay.

[quote]I’ve sat at tables with people who would gladly deny me the right to marry, who openly support conversion therapy, and who adamantly believe being gay is a choice. Doesn’t mean they’re any less homophobic because we shared a meal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 3, 2019 3:17 AM

Bring up the gay card constantly does not a election win!

Keep it low key guys.

by Anonymousreply 15September 3, 2019 3:21 AM

Prince Phillip. Chasten should join the Navy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 3, 2019 3:22 AM

Bringing/an

Autocorrect on fleek tonight!

by Anonymousreply 17September 3, 2019 3:23 AM

r15 Chasten isn't the one running, so he has more leeway on social media.

by Anonymousreply 18September 3, 2019 3:25 AM

To which song will they dance on the inaugural gala ball?

I hope it's Y.M.C.A.

by Anonymousreply 19September 3, 2019 3:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!