Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why aren't laws against public defecation, setting up tents on sidewalks, etc being enforced in our cities?

When did business owners and citizens become less important than the homeless? I live in California and it's bad. Before you attack me, I voted for Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 17August 23, 2019 1:52 AM

[quote] Before you attack me, I voted for Hillary.

???

That does not excuse you from anything, you know.

by Anonymousreply 1August 22, 2019 8:40 PM

What do you propose doing? Enforcement would eventually mean arrest. I don’t know about California but the jails where I live are overcrowded as it is. If these cities can’t afford to house and feed these people when they are free they certainly can’t afford to do so in the much more expensive penal system.

by Anonymousreply 2August 22, 2019 8:50 PM

Get used to it. When the corporations and robots fully take over everyone will be doing it.

by Anonymousreply 3August 22, 2019 8:56 PM

Let's shit in OP's mouth.

by Anonymousreply 4August 22, 2019 8:56 PM

I always thought that part of the reason for their not being laws about tents or temporary structures was most likely tied to erecting sukkahs for Sukkot.

by Anonymousreply 5August 22, 2019 9:00 PM

I poo on my neighbor's lawn all the time and I've never been arrested.

by Anonymousreply 6August 22, 2019 9:03 PM

If you're at a place in life where you're shitting in public, the legal status probably won't make much difference to you.

by Anonymousreply 7August 22, 2019 9:05 PM

Please OP, talk us through how police can prevent homeless people from ever pooping on a sidewalk. I can't wait to hear this.

by Anonymousreply 8August 22, 2019 9:07 PM

OP, why don't you take your conservative bullshit to Stormfront already?

by Anonymousreply 9August 22, 2019 9:07 PM

I don't see any of those things here in Chicago. The only time I saw someone shitting on a street was in San Francisco.

by Anonymousreply 10August 22, 2019 9:10 PM

R8 for one thing if sexless Fraus weren’t so scared about their husbands getting an actually good blowjob, cops & society at large weren’t homophobic shitheads and corporations hadn’t created an environment where people have no self esteem or purpose so they turn to drugs... then maybe, just maybe we could have less people on the streets and actually have public toilets again.

Greed & bigotry eliminate those two things and most of the world’s problems are solved.

by Anonymousreply 11August 22, 2019 9:45 PM

R10 - so true. Same with NYC. And Philly. And Miami. And Texas. You just don’t see that behavior - or extent of homelessness.

Is it just the weather that attracts all the crazy homeless? Amazing they all are able to get themselves there. It really seems a specific CA problem. Saw a little of the same in Denver - but not as extreme. I seriously doubt it is government policy. Homeless people don’t study a state’s fiscal policy to determine where they want to live - like millionaires with tax rates. There must be something specific to CA that creates this type and extent of homelessness / crazy behavior.

by Anonymousreply 12August 22, 2019 9:57 PM

[quote] I live in California and it's bad......I voted for Hillary.

Cause and effect.

by Anonymousreply 13August 22, 2019 10:20 PM

Oh look, the Russian trolls have created another thread!

by Anonymousreply 14August 22, 2019 10:23 PM

Someone get the Trazadone for R14 she’s having another paranoid psychotic break.

by Anonymousreply 15August 22, 2019 10:25 PM

Ask the ACLU.

by Anonymousreply 16August 22, 2019 10:55 PM

"Before you attack me, I voted for Hillary."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 23, 2019 1:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!