Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson got paid 90 MILLION DOLLARS for his latest movie

"Dwayne Johnson is Forbes' highest paid male actor in the world"

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has been named this year's highest-paid male actor in the world, according to Forbes.

The "Hobbs & Shaw" star raked in an eyebrow-raising $89.4 million between June 1, 2018, and June 1, 2019, thanks to a lucrative pay formula that includes massive upfront paychecks and a cut of the profit on his films. He also gets paid $700,000 per episode for HBO’s "Ballers" and earns seven figures in royalties for his Under Armour line.

He's followed up by two "Avengers: Endgame" stars: Chris Hemsworth at No. 2 with an estimated $76.4 million and Robert Downey Jr. at No. 3 with $66 million. Fellow "Avengers" Bradley Cooper, Chris Evans and Paul Rudd are also in the top 10.

Jackie Chan, Adam Sandler and Will Smith rounded out the top 10.

Last year, Johnson was No. 2 on the list, with George Clooney taking the top spot.

It's been a big week for Johnson who tied the knot just a few days ago.

The actor took to Instagram early Monday morning to post official pictures and reveal that he married his longtime girlfriend, Lauren Hashian, in Hawaii on Sunday.

"We do," he wrote next to the date along with some gorgeous pictures of the duo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 23, 2019 10:24 AM

I think I need to kill myself.

I don't understand how this world works.

by Anonymousreply 1August 22, 2019 7:06 PM

He belongs to the Deplorables. If his name is attached, they know it's one of their movies: dumb, loud and forgettable.

by Anonymousreply 2August 22, 2019 7:12 PM

How in the world is it possible for someone to make almost 100 MILLION DOLLARS for a goddamned movie?

And the movie looks like it SUCKS!!!

Hollywood is the most obscene entity on the face of this Earth.

People in this world are living on less than one dollar a day, and they are paying one person nearly 100 million dollars.

This world is fucked up beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 3August 22, 2019 7:15 PM

Saudi Aramco makes a PROFIT of 300 million a day and entertains nobody.

by Anonymousreply 4August 22, 2019 7:16 PM

[quote] Saudi Aramco makes a PROFIT of 300 million a day and entertains nobody.

The same could be said of Dwayne Johnson.

by Anonymousreply 5August 22, 2019 7:19 PM

That’s how much he made from all his projects within the space of a year, not from a single film, you freaking dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 6August 22, 2019 7:23 PM

If Dwayne isn't producing profit, they won't be paying him big money. If garbage showbiz turns a profit, someone is being entertained.

by Anonymousreply 7August 22, 2019 7:23 PM

Goddamn.

This is fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 8August 22, 2019 7:23 PM

R5 He didn't cut a journalist into a million little pieces.

by Anonymousreply 9August 22, 2019 7:23 PM

He won’t win any Oscar any time soon but he has box office appeal and his movies are purely of soda and popcorn genre.

by Anonymousreply 10August 22, 2019 7:24 PM

Wow. Looks like Hollywood cunts have joined this thread.

They're actually trying to justify this salary.

by Anonymousreply 11August 22, 2019 7:24 PM

Keanu Reeves netted 150 million over 15 years ago for 2 Matrixes.

by Anonymousreply 12August 22, 2019 7:24 PM

I have seen Dwayne Johnson in movies but never purposely and never at a theater, I just don't get the attraction, nothing about him is appealing, why would anyone pay to see his movies.

by Anonymousreply 13August 22, 2019 10:16 PM

PT Barnum understood this. The world is filled with joe blows with basic bitch taste in entertainment. You can't fight it. Movie goers around the world want "Avengers: Age of Ultron".

by Anonymousreply 14August 22, 2019 10:19 PM

Folks- he won’t make that huge money if the films he is in don’t take in the bucks. Simple as that.

by Anonymousreply 15August 22, 2019 10:22 PM

[Quote] The "Hobbs & Shaw" star raked in an eyebrow-raising $89.4 million between June 1, 2018, and June 1, 2019, thanks to a lucrative pay formula that includes massive upfront paychecks and a cut of the profit on his films. He also gets paid $700,000 per episode for HBO’s "Ballers" and earns seven figures in royalties for his Under Armour line.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 23, 2019 10:09 AM

The people that pay to see these films are the same people that vote for an illusory game show host to be their president. We are well and truly fucked. But this was just how it was supposed to be, right? I see a President the Rock in someone's future. Maybe I'll be dead.

by Anonymousreply 17August 23, 2019 10:16 AM

The world has gone horribly mad!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 23, 2019 10:19 AM

R14, give us examples of what type of movies and entertainment you like, dude?

by Anonymousreply 19August 23, 2019 10:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!