Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle may relocate to Africa

Harry and Meghan are not liked. But treated like rock stars.

The following’s from one with ears to Europe’s royalty, who has poured such juice before and not proven wrong. Lacking independent connection to London’s kings, queens or those who make aces of themselves, and minus Her Majesty’s personal cell number, I now report what’s reported to me.

Prince Harry and Mrs. Harry might get shipped to Africa as their semi-permanent home. Not because he mumbles he feels most happy and comfortable there and it’s his favorite place — as if the bush beats Bond Street. But recall history. The ’30s. The abdicated Duke of Windsor’s divorced American duchess who was a pain in the realm? They got bounced to the far-away Bahamas because they shook Buckingham. Too much stress. Press. Distress.

Same here. Now. Is what I’m hearing.

There is the Harry and brother William problem. ‘Tis mumbled it’s all become a bit heavy for not-so-swift Harry. His onetime drama queen missus creates drama. Wanted to give birth at home, not in the as-always assigned hospital. No immediate photos of baby Archie as is palace routine. Not cutesy cozy with others of Buckingham’s high-class upper class, thus shoving far off to Frogmore. Used to spotlight, the wife’s not doing great playing a main attraction at the palace.

Members of Princess Diana’s former household staff see everything, know everything — tell everything. The Africa assignment, they say, could be “interesting.”

Stories keep coming. Like disliked is the new wife. Like Harry’s not thrilled with her lavish spending on designer clothes. Like his old-time, longtime buds do not adore Meghan. Like, forgetting all the p.r. hoo-ha, the whisper is banishment to Africa — where she becomes an extra, not a leading lady — could do them in.

Fortunately, Her Majesty has her corgis because some kinfolk have gone to the dogs. Harry wearing that Nazi uniform. Randy dandy Andy “shocked” that, despite photos with Jeffrey Epstein, anyone thinks he knew Jeffrey Epstein.

Like that son’s divorce from Duchess Fergie, whose toes were sucked by another. Like son Charles saying his mistress (now wife) was closer to him than Tampax. Like Princess Anne’s Page 1 love life.

Harry and his missus? Watch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 23, 2019 6:17 AM

Meghan doesn't want to wear the strap-on now that she's a mommy. So Harry is hungry for bbc.

by Anonymousreply 1August 22, 2019 4:04 PM

All of Harry's elitist Eton and military Sandhurst mates (even his inbred 'aristocratic' hunting mates, like himself) are in Britain - he'll have to be shipped off kicking and screaming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 22, 2019 4:05 PM

Isn’t vanishing them to Africa a bit on the nose? (Considering MM is biracial.)

by Anonymousreply 3August 22, 2019 4:05 PM

Harry will never part with his douchey "bros" for long. If they're in England - then he'll stay in England with them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 22, 2019 4:07 PM

Banishment would work in Megs's favour. Lots of wealthy South Africans and Zimbabweans with whom to move up and on.

by Anonymousreply 5August 22, 2019 4:07 PM

But Markle never dated a black guy? She seems to clearly prefer rich white guys.

by Anonymousreply 6August 22, 2019 4:11 PM

It could be a good match for them. Moving to Africa would provide a wealth of opportunities for making money - from appearance fees to rigged government contracts to investments in can’t-miss projects such as telecoms and rare earths.

by Anonymousreply 7August 22, 2019 4:12 PM

Please. The operative word here is "may" and the giveaway is Adams' strenuous insistence that she knows people who know. This is just more filler until the hols. are over. You should see the hysteria of the fraus on CB at this article, as they take off instantly on the scheme by William to get his brother and the "too popular" wife out of the country, as they ignore every you.gov poll showing both Harry's and Meghan's ratings slipping whilst Kate's and William's remains high.

It's incredible what crap people take as Revealed Truth.

As long as the Sussexes are being supported by UK taxpayers, and their "official residence" is Frogmore Cottage, lately renovted by said taxpayers' funds, their stays anywhere abroad will be of limited time. I don't see the BRF making a good case for the UK taxpayer supporting a growing royal family based on another continent. And having used taxpayer funding to renovate their fucking cottage, they are, as William and Kate are obligated to remain in Kensington Palace until it's time to move to Clarence House and/or Buck House, obligated to continue using Frogmore enough of the year to put a decent face on it.

The rumours about the Africa Plan were circulated late in 2018 possibly at Harry's own behest, as he clearly hates his own country - except for the taxpayers funding his lifestyle. The rumours were focused on the "we need to make use of their international pull and profile" excuse.

They're only going in October for, what 2-3 weeks? What about Meghan's patronages that she just got in the UK?

I call pot-stirring bullshit on this.

by Anonymousreply 8August 22, 2019 4:15 PM

Harry Mountbatten-Windsor spends his winters in the Alps and his summers on the Mediterranean coast, frolicking with other rich Europeans and jetting around the world.

Even if they (hypothetically) "relocate" to Africa or Ohio - he'll practically only spend a few months there, in the spring and autumn. He won't give up his annual Alpine skiing holidays, his annual Mediterranean beach holidays, his annual exotic location e.g. Bali holidays, his random e.g. Las Vegas fun holidays, his annual London party holidays, and all his other annual holidays. He's a very busy guy - with a very busy jet-set holiday schedule.

by Anonymousreply 9August 22, 2019 4:20 PM

Actually, I thought the article might be hinting that Harry is fed up and the banishment might be the last straw to him leaving her. It made it sound like the BRF was saying her or us and with all the divorces and scandal with her children this would be one more the Queen could weather. I could be wrong, but Adams used to be the type where you had to read between the lines. Her way of doing a BI. Although I am sure she doesn't write her column anymore.

by Anonymousreply 10August 22, 2019 5:07 PM

Relocating to Africa? Fine with me.

by Anonymousreply 11August 22, 2019 5:11 PM

R2 How do these wine cups stay up by suction?

by Anonymousreply 12August 22, 2019 5:14 PM

[quote] the banishment might be the last straw to him leaving her

R10, They just had a kid and basically announced a 2nd one in the near future. Harry Mountbatten-Windsor ain't leaving anyone soon. They're a perfect match - 2 hypocritical elitists. Couples who sponge off the British taxpayer together - stay together. #CoupleGoals

by Anonymousreply 13August 22, 2019 5:18 PM

They aren't going anywhere. They are will be expected to go to 'the opening of an envelope' anywhere in the world at a moments notice. Charles and Anne are done with the plane rides. Andrew is a liability and can't be sent anywhere. Edward brings nothing to an occasion. Whatever William and Kate choose not to attend is what Harry and Megs will be expected to attend, anywhere in the world.

by Anonymousreply 14August 22, 2019 5:37 PM

R10, I thought that as well. I doubt that Harry will leave Meghan just yet. I think she understands him in a way that even his brother does not. I suspect that Harry felt genuinely backstabbed by William. Since they are not on equal footing there is nothing he can do but rebel. And rebel he will. The BRF should cut their losses and allow them to move to the USA.

by Anonymousreply 15August 22, 2019 6:10 PM

R10 - What R13 said.

by Anonymousreply 16August 22, 2019 8:46 PM

R6 - Correct, not once in her adult life.

by Anonymousreply 17August 22, 2019 8:48 PM

R15 why does Harry feel backstabbed?

by Anonymousreply 18August 22, 2019 9:24 PM

How did this thread get grayed out so quickly? Usually it takes days until the FF add up.

by Anonymousreply 19August 22, 2019 9:31 PM

Sunshine Sachs is on the case!

by Anonymousreply 20August 22, 2019 9:39 PM

Sunshine Sachs is on the case!

by Anonymousreply 21August 22, 2019 9:39 PM

It's astonishing that no one seems to see that this is racist bullshit. Banished to Africa, for cripe's sake, people. Come on. And always just plain "Africa" and not one of the many, many countries in Africa or any details on the location. Just Africa.

After everything Her Majesty's sons, husband, daughters-in-law and sister have done, it's impossible to believe Harry and Meghan are somehow tearing the royal family apart.

by Anonymousreply 22August 22, 2019 10:08 PM

R22, Harry Mountbatten-Windor himself often says “Africa”. That’s the proper name of the continent that’s right NEXT to us. There’s no need to mention a specific country, especially if the country is either irrelevant or not yet identified. E.g. lots of tax dodgers from “Asia” launder their cash in “Europe”, and vice versa; historic revolutionaries used to flee or be exiled to “South America” - are you upset I didn’t mention a specific country?

by Anonymousreply 23August 23, 2019 5:02 AM

Just in case the gruesome twosome haven't had the chance to learn the lyrics yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 23, 2019 5:52 AM

BURN on r22!

LOL

by Anonymousreply 25August 23, 2019 5:58 AM

I think I missed something.

Are posters up thread mentioning "Adams" as the source for the OP's post?

To whom are they referring?

Is there a link to the OP's story?

by Anonymousreply 26August 23, 2019 6:06 AM

R22, "banished" refers to them being sent away from the UK. As far as "Africa" goes, see R23. Harry has said he feels most comfortable in Africa; he and Meghan have gushed about an early and important trip there; pre-royal Meghan put in the requisite token starlet "humanitarian" work in Africa; Harry has charities there; and much more. Yes, it all has racist, colonial undertones, but that comes from the royal family themselves.

by Anonymousreply 27August 23, 2019 6:13 AM

Link to PageSix article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 23, 2019 6:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!