Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lincoln Chafee eyes run

Guess they'll never, ever, ever learn that third party candidates always kill the Democratic Party's chances.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 22, 2019 6:49 PM

Lincoln Chafee is not a real Democrat, he’s a former Republican from a prominent Republican family. As a libertarian, he’s in opposition to much of the key positions in the DNC platform, let alone the agenda of the party’s leftist base. He would spoil the election for Trump more than he would cut into any Democratic support.

by Anonymousreply 1August 22, 2019 2:21 PM

Except that any Republicans inclined to hold their noses and vote for the Democrat because of finding Trump so repulsive would have an alternate.

by Anonymousreply 2August 22, 2019 2:27 PM

Although I confess, I thought this thread was an announcement that he'd come down with pinkeye.

by Anonymousreply 3August 22, 2019 2:29 PM

Ross Perot hurt GHWB more than he did Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 4August 22, 2019 5:10 PM

Clinton would have won anyway. There was some exit polling at the time, and the general theme was that the Perot voters would have gone evenly between Clinton, Bush, and not voting if Perot hadn't been in the race.

by Anonymousreply 5August 22, 2019 5:33 PM

Damn, R3!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 22, 2019 5:38 PM

Eyeing a run isn't the same as doing it. Remember when William Weld talked about possibly getting on the GOP ballot against Trump? Haven't heard anything since.

Now Marc "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" Sanford and asswipe former congressman Joe Walsh are doing the same. Of course nothing will come of any of it.

by Anonymousreply 7August 22, 2019 6:30 PM

Visine is one of his backers.

by Anonymousreply 8August 22, 2019 6:44 PM

I was hoping he would throw his hat into the ring.

by Anonymousreply 9August 22, 2019 6:46 PM

More like throwing his dentures in to the ring.

What is it with these old people and running for office?

Stay home & play with your grandkids.

by Anonymousreply 10August 22, 2019 6:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!