Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My Dad Loves Poppers

Apparently there is something called jalapeño poppers, which are stuffed jalapeños, maybe fried?

I, however, did not know this when my 73 year old father just called them “poppers,” as in “have you ever had poppers before? I had some for the first time last week, they’re wonderful!” Hilarity ensued.

Swear on my dog’s life.

by Anonymousreply 9August 22, 2019 1:57 PM

If your father is 73, then that means you are around 40. And you’ve never heard of a jalapeño popper? You must not be from North America.

by Anonymousreply 1August 22, 2019 12:46 AM

I remember exactly where I was the first time I ate a jalapeño popper. I love them so much but I can’t eat them anymore.

by Anonymousreply 2August 22, 2019 1:01 AM

🙄🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 3August 22, 2019 1:03 AM

R1 I’ve never heard of a jalapeño popper. Is it a southern thing?

by Anonymousreply 4August 22, 2019 2:23 AM

R4 It’s like regular poopers you snort out of jalapeños

by Anonymousreply 5August 22, 2019 2:30 AM

While I know the joke is intended as “there is this thing called poppers” which is the same name as the sex stimulant we gays use, the joke comes off as “you didn’t know what a popper was”. Odd. Though you get credit for being under 50 and knowing about poppers - which seem to be eschewed by all younger people.

by Anonymousreply 6August 22, 2019 4:20 AM

You cunts who doubt every fucking thing are insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 7August 22, 2019 11:25 AM

To OP: I'm in the US midwest and have seen jalapeno poppers on menus for probably 35 years, and not just in "regional" restaurants but national chains. They can also be found in the frozen food section of any supermarket. That's why I would be surprised that any American wouldn't know what they are. But then, there are people who can't identify their location on a globe, so what the hell do I know.

by Anonymousreply 8August 22, 2019 11:46 AM

I’ve only ever known them as “stuffed jalapeños.” The “poppers” label sounds like some cutesy flyoverland frau thing.

by Anonymousreply 9August 22, 2019 1:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!