Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My sister is bringing up more garbage

I was on the phone with her the other night and she started going n about Daddy’s business trips to California.

Daddy had a very important job that sometimes required travel. When she was in high school and I had just started college, he made several extended trips to the San Francisco Bay Area.

My sister kept talking about his “mysterious” (her word) trips and said “You know there were all those murders.” I told her I had no idea what she was talking about.

Then she said “there was that thing he kept in the closet.” I asked her what in hell she was talking about. She just kept saying “that thing.” I thought she must’ve taken up smoking marijuana again. Finally, she said it was a black cloth he kept in a box in the closet. She said she found it one time and asked what it was and Daddy became irate. She said she went to find it after Daddy died, but Mother said she threw it out.

I know for a fact Mother didn’t throw any of Daddy’s belongings out. I told her there was nothing nefarious about Daddy’s business trips, there was never any mysterious black cloth in a box and she was clearly back to smoking grass.

She started ranting at me to “wake up and smell the coffee.” I called her a rancid old cunt. Then she said I probably had “that thing” in my house and that I should turn it over to the police. I hung up on her.

She was just nasty before, but now she’s having delusions. Could she be developing some sort of mental illness? Alzheimer’s?

by Anonymousreply 10August 22, 2019 12:47 AM

2/10

by Anonymousreply 1August 21, 2019 10:58 PM

Read "Why I Live at the P.O." by Eudora Welty, that's my advice. I'm certain it's available online

by Anonymousreply 2August 21, 2019 11:01 PM

[quote]she was clearly back to smoking grass.

Could you please get contact info for her dealer?

by Anonymousreply 3August 21, 2019 11:03 PM

Your Daddy was always a fine upstanding gentleman, OP. And your sister has always been a trashy illiterate slattern who takes pot. Shun her! POT TAKER!

by Anonymousreply 4August 21, 2019 11:28 PM

You are a horrendous writer, op. Truly awful.

by Anonymousreply 5August 21, 2019 11:43 PM

There is nothing whatsoever wrong with my writing! I’ve been recognized many, many times over the years for my writing abilities and my command of English. When I was still working, I wrote reports, training manuals, scripts for speeches, etc. All very highly regarded.

by Anonymousreply 6August 22, 2019 12:32 AM

I’ve never turned down a cocktail (or a quaalude, when you could still get them), and I’ve done a few lines in my day, but marijuana is quite low-class, you must admit.

by Anonymousreply 7August 22, 2019 12:35 AM

And as for that “cloth” she was talking about...

As a matter of fact, I do have it. It’s in my attic. I have no idea what it was originally, but I had it made into a miniature Xmas tree skirt and used it for many years. Which my sister apparently never noticed.

I stopped using it after a friend told me that the symbol stitched on it resembled crosshairs. I had no idea; I’ve never handled a gun in my life. I thought it was some Xmas symbol.

by Anonymousreply 8August 22, 2019 12:42 AM

[quote] She started ranting at me to “wake up and smell the coffee.” I called her a rancid old cunt.

This REALLY happened!

by Anonymousreply 9August 22, 2019 12:45 AM

OP, your daddy is the Zodiac killer. You know it's true.

by Anonymousreply 10August 22, 2019 12:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!