Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Where are “the beautiful people” nowadays?

Every destination seems touristy and like a shadow of its former self now. They rely on the myth of their past to attract people. But that time is gone, and what’s left is ruined. Where is “the scene”? Where are things happening, brewing? Why are we relying on the past instead of making new meccas? The only thing that gives me hope is The Louvre Dubai. But even that is just a museum. Maybe a few centuries need to roll by? We seem stuck in a rut...

Anyway, where are the chic people, artists, movers, shakers? Where is the finger on the pulse, the zeitgeist?

Don’t tell me LA, NYC, etc.

Where are the hidden beautiful destinations? Instagram has left no stone unturned, and I’m still left cold.

I guess I’m a malcontent. Or I’m seeking a fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 10August 21, 2019 11:46 PM

I agree. Noting is elite anymore. Anybody can get into an Ivy League school now.

Once exclusive enclaves are overrun with average people.

by Anonymousreply 1August 21, 2019 10:32 PM

Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 2August 21, 2019 10:32 PM

You can't afford to go there, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3August 21, 2019 10:53 PM

Who are you, OP, to be asking where these beautiful people are. Are you chic? An artist? A mover or a shaker? If you are, why would you need to ask where these people are? And if aren't, surely you wouldn't be included anyway, so what's the point of your thread?

by Anonymousreply 4August 21, 2019 10:56 PM

Cultural malaise and an awareness that the world as we have known it cannot keep going this way, overpopulation has become a serious problem, something will happen to stop it, it's just a matter of time.

by Anonymousreply 5August 21, 2019 10:59 PM

R4 = Ypir

by Anonymousreply 6August 21, 2019 10:59 PM

Rome

by Anonymousreply 7August 21, 2019 11:13 PM

Modernity is about specialization. Plenty of beautiful people to look at in pictures. Interesting people are all around you. Find them. If you can't, it's probably because you're boring and they're avoiding you.

by Anonymousreply 8August 21, 2019 11:40 PM

We’ll always have Mustique.

by Anonymousreply 9August 21, 2019 11:42 PM

At home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 21, 2019 11:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!